GM Omelas' Hangman's Noose

Game Master panegyric

Current time: 22:35

---

Maps
Loot tracker


151 to 200 of 489 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Talienda runsa across the hall and through the door into Judge Trabe's office, angling towards the door where the others waited in the courttoom. Talienda's panicked mind trying to think of who might help even as she whimpers and weeps at the sound of the horrid swarm.


M NG Human (Alkenstari) Gunslinger (Black Powder Vaulter/Mysterious Stranger) 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +4 SM: +0[ut] | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/Day | Active conditions: None

Mylok curses and swats at the undead birds as the peck and claw at his flesh, ”Get off of me!”

I’m not leaving the Professor!” he shouts back at Talib before diving through the festering flock of fowls. The gunslinger rolls and comes up running. He spins just in time to see Skurly bolting out of the courtroom and into the main hall. With a grin on his face, Mylok fires the pistol at the group in the corner again.

Dice Rolls and Actions:

Move action to new position. Using Mobile Reload.
Standard action to attack green swarm.
Pistol at TAC Green Swarm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Damage B and P: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7I'm willing to bet that an 11 doesn't hit a swarm TAC


----------------------------------
Round #2
----------------------------------

Skurly breaks free from his makeshift hideout, slams the doors open, begins taunting the swarms and reaches the great hall, fragments of broken beaks and bird bones stuck to him as he does so. Rissi, meanwhile, holds a vial filled with swirling red and orange liquids, biding her time.

Mylok moves to the other side of the room, firing a shot at the birds who attacked him. A stinging pain from a particularly deep wound on his neck makes him wince at the last moment and his shot hits the wall. Talienda runs out of the room.

Sinésiel, relieved to see a mostly unscathed Skurly emerge from the pile of broken wood, strikes with her scimitar and manages to cut down two birds from the swarm that assailed the halfling. Talib jumps into the fray, back-to-back against the half-elf and swings his planson with cold rage, sending more than a few of the tiny undead flying against the wall.

The two swarms hit back against their most immediate threats, engulfing Talib and Sinésiel in a conflagration of wings and bones. The birds rip a hole on the inquisitor's trousers and manage to punch a deep gash on his leg; blinded by pain, he swings ineffectively. Sinésiel instead feels a protective presence that prevents the birds from doing much damage to her and her scimitar cuts a few more creatures.

----------------------------------
Round #2 Summary
----------------------------------
Mylok misses.
Sinésiel hits red swarm for 4 S damage.
Talib hits green swarm for 9 B damage.
Green swarm hits Talib for 6 damage.
Talib misses his AoO.
Red swarm hits Sinésiel for 1 damage.
Sinésiel hits AoO vs red swarm for 2 S damage.

Red swarm current damage: 9
Green swarm current damage: 14

----------------------------------
Round #3
----------------------------------

Everybody's up. Both swarms look much thinner now.

rolls:

green swarm dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6
red swarm dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Talib fort DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sinésiel fort DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Talib AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Talib AoO B dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sinésiel AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Sinésiel AoO B dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

Ouch.

Talib has a moment to note Skurly's exit, but little time to ponder the halfling's plan, as he is all but smothered by mouldering feathers. Pain is not a stranger to the inquisitor, who grits his teeth and moulds his discomfort into a source of focus—there is merit to forward thinking, but the clarity of a life-or-death struggle had its virtues. He takes another blind swing at the mass of rotting corvids as he retreats, staggering towards the office door.

"Geddinloe is clear!" he calls to Mylok and Sinésiel. "Move towards the hall—we need to split them up!"

Planson Attack (+ Inspire Courage - Risky Attack): 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 7
Planson Damage (+ Inspire Courage + Risky Attack): 1d10 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 11

Talib attacks and five-foot steps to the left. As much as I like having a healer close by, we better not to be right next to each other, to avoid being double-swarmed.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Talienda flings the door to the courtroom they had all woken up in open and stumbles through it. Her face is bone white with terror and her limbs tremble as she tries to get the words out in a voice choked by powerful emotions.

"B-b-ones! C-clouds of F-f-f-feathers and-and b-b-bones! A-a-at-t-t-t-tacking the others! Help," she manages to get out while pointing to the hall where Skurly was trying to draw them out.

Boy I hope that Paladin can channel energy. That would be nice.


M NG Human (Alkenstari) Gunslinger (Black Powder Vaulter/Mysterious Stranger) 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +4 SM: +0[ut] | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/Day | Active conditions: None

Mylok grits his teeth and moves to the open double doors at talib's command.

"C'mon you feather bastards"

Just inside of the doorway he fires another shot, hoping to put the red swarm down before it rips the flesh from Siné's bones. Keep still, Hathor, the gunslinger thinks as he squeezes the trigger.

Dice Rolls and Actions:

Pisto Red Swarm TAC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage B & P: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Move action with Mobile Reload. Standard to attack Red Swarm


NG Female Half-elf Occultist 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18, t: 12, ff:16 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2, Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Abj. 1/1, Conj. 2/2, Evo 0/3 | Spells: 1st 1/3| Active conditions: 2 Strength damage.

Sinésiel steps out of the swarm and takes a swing at the one that attacked Talib.

"Are you alright? I can barely see you through all these birds!"

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 slashing


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

"I am still breathing," Talib hisses through gritted teeth, his voice strained but even. "See to the others!"


----------------------------------
Round #3
----------------------------------

Ignoring the pain, Mylok manages to steady himself and this time his shot flies true. A few more birds drop broken to the floor and its remaining companions, already thinned out by the repeated attacks from the group, completely lose cohesion and disperse through the room.

Suddenly free from the mass of putrefied birds, Sinésiel lunges forward, swats one away with her off hand and successfully cuts down a few more from the cloud that surrounds Talib, giving the inquisitor a sufficiently wide opening to escape. As he does so, focusing on safely navigating the swarm, he ineffectively brandishes his weapon and fails to cause much damage to his foes.

Meanwhile, Talinda reaches the courtroom; her dramatic entrance frightens the group being protected by Rekkart Cole, sending the half-orc to panicked tears. The paladin jumps into action: "Patrissa, you and Killian lock the doors and watch the others! Miss, calm down: you have nothing to fear with Sir Rekkart Cole on your side. Do you think you can take me to where they are?"

Skurly and Rissi are up. Deadline: 2019-09-24 12 AM CEST
Talienda, I'll allow you to use your remaining movement for this round to lead Cole.

----------------------------------
Summary
----------------------------------
Mylok deals 8 damage to red swarms, dispersing it.
Sinésiel deals 2 damage to remaining green swarm.
Green swarm dmg: 16


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Okie dokie!
Talienda nods and leads Sir Cole to the main hall.


----------------------------------
Round #3
----------------------------------
Skurly keeps shouting and waving his hands, trying to attract the swarms' attention, whilst Rissi fails to find a spot where she feels sure she can throw the bubbling red vial without endangering Talib and Sinésiel.

The remaining swarm, now just barely a cohesive whole, engulfs Sinésiel. For a second Talib cannot see the half-elf, only a metallic gleam flying inside the cloud, cutting down bird upon bird upon bird, until most of the winged undead are either piled up on the ground or flying away and perching on the ceiling once again, revealing an exhausted and dirtied but still alive Sinésiel.

----------------------------------
Summary
----------------------------------

Sinésiel takes 2 dmg.
Sinésiel hits her AoO for 2 damage against green swarm, dispersing it.

----------------------------------
End of combat
----------------------------------

rolls:

1d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


M LG Halfling Investigator (Sleuth) 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 14) | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: -1, R: +5, W: +4, +2 vs. fear | Init: +4, +6 if Luck > 0 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration: 0/3 | Luck: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Skurly watches as the last of the carrion birds scatters, his flushed face draining to a blanched pallor of humiliation. He tiptoes back toward the courtroom, hanging his head low, hands folded behind his back.

Lingering at the threshold of the courtroom door, his eyes flit to Sinesiel, then to Mylok. "I... I'm so sorry." His voice quavers, biting back tears of shame. "I thought, maybe if I went in, I could- I could help, I could make it so no one else had to take the chance- I didn't know what-" The sentence is cut short by a choked-off sob. "I didn't think anyone else would get hurt."

He studiously avoids making eye contact with Talib, his gaze tracing a circuitous path to avoid meeting the inquisitor's.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Talienda comes skidding into the judge's chamber, Sir Rekkart Cole on her heels.

"I-in there," She gasps, about to pass out from the panic consuming her. As she sees everyone alive and notices that the eerie rustling of the swarms has stopped, she begins to calm down. She staggers forward to Talib and clings to him after she stumbles the last few paces.

"I am sorry," she apologizes in tones one would associate with a puppy that thinks it's in trouble. "I couldn't think of what to do. I-I could do nothing against those h-h-horrible things, so I r-ran to get h-h-help."

On another note, never again will I be editing a map on my phone. That was a painful experience.


F NG Ratfolk Bard | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14, T: 14, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/11 | Spells: 1st 1/3 | Active conditions: None

Crap! My post disappeared! I was trying to get a line on semi-safe spot to throw a flask of alchemist's fire....

Watching the melee and trying to decide whether or not to throw her flask of alchemical fire has Rissi tense and feeling rather useless. When the clouds of flying dead birds finally collapse Rissi carefully stows the flask and moves into the room. "Is anyone badly hurt? I do have a little access to some minor healing. It's pretty limited though so I don't want to waste it and then possibly need it later. ??"

"So is the room safe to search now? We were going to avoid it, but if that was a trap then it should be safe now...."

Casting Detect Magic and slowly scanning the room. Moving in if others indicate that we are going to search.


Cole lags a bit behind Talienda and reaches the room shortly after her. A bit out of breath, he looks around and sees the immobile bodies of countless birds covering the floor. "By the gods, it smells foul in here. What were those creatures?" He approaches Talib: "sir, that is a ghastly wound on your leg…we need to patch this up before the corruption can set in your body, master Talib. May I? It may sting a little." Once the inquisitor gives his permission, Cole removes a glove, puts his hand over the wound and starts praying; each word uttered brings a small wave of pain followed by a sense of relief as the evil is purged and tissue is repaired. Cole heals Talib for 6 HP

Meanwhile, whilst Rissi's whiskers can still feel the energies from Sinésiel's spell, there seems to be no trace of any other magic in the room. She also thoroughly searches the space for interesting artefacts or things out the ordinary, but comes out completely empty-handed, suspecting that this courtroom might have been seldom used even during Beldrin Bluff's golden days.

@Rissi: yeah, the forums have been acting up lately. Had some changing dice rolls between previews on another table, plus I could not access the site for the better part of the weekend.

rolls:

Rissi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
lay on hand: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

Talib lowers his mace, breathing out slowly. The inquisitor offers Sinésiel a slight nod to signal his appreciation. Whatever his views on her personal beliefs, she had at least proven herself to be reliable in stressful situations—more than could be said for some of the others.

Skurly Geddinloe wrote:

Lingering at the threshold of the courtroom door, his eyes flit to Sinesiel, then to Mylok. "I... I'm so sorry." His voice quavers, biting back tears of shame. "I thought, maybe if I went in, I could- I could help, I could make it so no one else had to take the chance- I didn't know what-" The sentence is cut short by a choked-off sob. "I didn't think anyone else would get hurt."

He studiously avoids making eye contact with Talib, his gaze tracing a circuitous path to avoid meeting the inquisitor's.

Talib closes the distance between himself and Skurly, leaving the halfling little room to wriggle out from under the full weight of his disapproval.

"I pray for the Judge of the Gods to lend me patience," he says in a measured tone, wearing an expression of unforeseen severity. "One moment, you are bent on being a hopelessly craven, and the second, recklessly suicidal! Please, at least choose one, so I know what sort of trouble to expect..."

Talienda Blackhorn wrote:

Talienda comes skidding into the judge's chamber, Sir Rekkart Cole on her heels.

"I-in there," She gasps, about to pass out from the panic consuming her. As she sees everyone alive and notices that the eerie rustling of the swarms has stopped, she begins to calm down. She staggers forward to Talib and clings to him after she stumbles the last few paces.

"I am sorry," she apologizes in tones one would associate with a puppy that thinks it's in trouble. "I couldn't think of what to do. I-I could do nothing against those h-h-horrible things, so I r-ran to get h-h-help."

Talib's sigh comes out in a low hiss, air escaping from between his clenched teeth. "Patience..."

He offers two extremely stiff pats on Talienda's shoulder, before placing her firmly at an arm's length—which is, for him, not an inconsiderable distance. "There is nothing to apologise for, at least on principle. Our survival was far from assured—had I the time, I might have called for Sir Rekkart myself. If you recall, we set up a signal for that very purpose..."

The inquisitor produces a whistle from inside his lapel, placing it in Talienda's hand. "Two short trills. Less likely to panic the others."

GM Omelas wrote:
Cole lags a bit behind Talienda and reaches the room shortly after her. A bit out of breath, he looks around and sees the immobile bodies of countless birds covering the floor. "By the gods, it smells foul in here. What were those creatures?" He approaches Talib: "sir, that is a ghastly wound on your leg…we need to patch this up before the corruption can set in your body, master Talib. May I? It may sting a little." Once the inquisitor gives his permission, Cole removes a glove, puts his hand over the wound and starts praying; each word uttered brings a small wave of pain followed by a sense of relief as the evil is purged and tissue is repaired.

"Mindless undead," muses Talib,"animated by the ambient negative energy—at least, that is what I have deduced so far. This place is definitely haunted."

He accepts the paladin's ministrations with a respectful nod. "Praise be to the Inheritor. Now, we should see if anyone else took this opportunity to run off..."

I suggest we check in on the jurors, and then investigate the iron door.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Sounds like a plan.

Talienda looks even more like a puppy thinking it should be kicked as she listens to Talib's advice on what to do next time. After Sir Rekkart tends to the inquisitor's wounds, she approaches him and curtsies to him.

"Thank you, Sir Rekkart, for coming to aid them, even if it turns out they did not need it. I didn't know how to help them otherwise," she says politely to the paladin.

To the Jurors!


M NG Human (Alkenstari) Gunslinger (Black Powder Vaulter/Mysterious Stranger) 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +4 SM: +0[ut] | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/Day | Active conditions: None

”Really? No one is going to mention how I blasted those bastards right out or the sky? Er, out of the courtroom?” Mylok asks as he reloads his pistol one last time and slips it back into the leather holster. The gunslinger grins and rests one hand on his hip, striking the most heroic pose he can muster, ”Almost like you lot need me or something.”

He wipes away some sweat from his brow and grimaces when the rough fabric of his shirt rubs against an open wound on his cheek, deflating any sense of heroism he may have presented. Mylok pulls back the bloody sleeve and mutters, ”Rotting bastards. I guess they got me worse than I thought. `How'd you get that dashing scar, Misfire?’ ‘Oh you know, undead bird swarm mistook my mug for a rotting carcass.’ Godsdammit! I just had this shirt cleaned too.”

Mylok gives a wave of the hand as the others bring up checking on the jurors though he does make his way through the main hall to wait by the courtroom doors.


F NG Ratfolk Bard | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14, T: 14, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/11 | Spells: 1st 1/3 | Active conditions: None

Rissi hears Mylok cursing over his shirt sleeve and moves over by him. Seeing the blood on his sleeve she sighs and casts a minor spell. "If you could bend over a little sir? I can help with the sleeve. I could heal your scratch too, but I think the minor healing spells I have should be saved for greater emergencies."

Casting Prestidigitation to clean the blood from the shirt sleeve.

"There. Much more presentable. And thanks for shooting the birds. You were much more helpful against them than I was able to be. I had a flask of fire that should have been helpful, but I was scared and couldn't get a safe throw against them."

She turns and speaks to anyone listening, "I don't detect anything magical or useful here. Too bad we didn't have any way of knowing so we could have avoided it."


M NG Human (Alkenstari) Gunslinger (Black Powder Vaulter/Mysterious Stranger) 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 12) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +4 SM: +0[ut] | Speed 30ft | Grit 2/Day | Active conditions: None

Mylok clears his throat, suddenly ashamed at his overreaction. "Uh, thanks, Chatterbox. This scrap of cotton is the last thing I have from home, ya know? Even this," he gestures at the firearm, "was pilfered from some thug after my own, uh, blew up." He hesitates for a moment before continuing.

"I get what ya mean about the flask. I carry a couple of vials of acid around but I just couldn't justify tossing one in with those things swarming all over us.' Misfire scratches the back of his head, "Good news is, we don't have to worry about those things getting after anyone while we're trying to get out of this place."


NG Female Half-elf Occultist 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18, t: 12, ff:16 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2, Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Abj. 1/1, Conj. 2/2, Evo 0/3 | Spells: 1st 1/3| Active conditions: 2 Strength damage.

Seeing that Sir Rekkart has Talib handled, Sinésiel takes a minute to think and catch her breath. "We can trust Rekkart. Iomedae still grants him healing powers, so he can't be the culprit." Checking on the other past jurors did seem like their best bet. "Malgrim is dead, but that still leaves two more. Two of six that remain back in that room."

Hearing Talib's suggestion, Sinésiel sheathes her sword and just keeps her mother's wand in her off hand. With a grin, she pats Mylok on the shoulder with some force. "Yes, yes," she says with mock adoration. "Sir Mylok, slayer of carrion and champion of Absalom." After a short pause she addresses everyone. "In all seriousness, though, thank you for helping in the fight. All of you. You were right to go for help, Talienda, and you having that whistle makes the most sense. Rissi cheered us on, kept us feeling strong. Skurly, though you were foolhardy at first you really pulled through and showed incredible courage. Talib and Mylok, thanks for being up here in the fray with me."


Cole puts his arm around Talienda. "Indeed, you were very brave. Things turned out well in the end, but better safe than sorry. However, you should perhaps consider joining myself and the others in the room until an exit has been found." He turns to Sinésiel as they walk towards the courtroom. "Which brings me to the question: have you been successful in securing a way out of this courthouse? The main entrance seems to be safe now, thank you very much for that, so shall we use it?"

Once in front of the door, he announces his arrival and it is promptly open by Killian. "Oh, it's so nice to see you all alive and well! Shall we go? I assume the exit is open and there are no threats, yes?"

When they are all inside, Patrissa jumps at Cole and hugs him. "Oh, I was worried! And you, little bird, so brave!" Whilst the paladin blushes in embarrassment, she pinches Talienda's cheek. Mylok stands close, observing the exchange with suspicion.

Before Talib, Sinésiel, Skurly and Rissi can make themselves comfortable and speak to the members of the previous jury, they realise the temperature here seems to be radically oscillating, going from sweltering heat to deathly cold and back several times every minute. The half-elf and the halfling cannot shake off the sensation that they are being watched.

rolls:

Mylok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Talib: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Talienda: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Sinésiel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Skurly: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Rissi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


M LG Halfling Investigator (Sleuth) 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 14) | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: -1, R: +5, W: +4, +2 vs. fear | Init: +4, +6 if Luck > 0 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration: 0/3 | Luck: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Skurly had turned away sharply away from Talib's rebuke, whether in outrage or mortification it was hard to say. Sinesiel's kind words draw a wan, but sincere smile from him, but he's quiet on the way back to the courtroom, content to let the tallfolk do the talking among each other while he did was a halfling did best: fade into the scenery, watch, and listen.

He doesn't pipe up again until they are once again in the courtroom, and beginning to feel the unnatural ebb and flow through the room; at one moment sweat is beading on his brow, the next he's clutching his arms against the folds of his chest and shivering. By now, though, he's too exhausted to feel the keen edge of panic against his heart, and his voice is dull and almost jaded when he taps Mylok at the elbow and rasps:

"Can you feel it, Mr. Mylok? Something's not right. Someone isn't happy with us. The awfulness is going to start again soon."

Suddenly, something snaps in him, and a thin screech- like the voice of a different person, one older and bitterer than the Skurly they knew- rips from his throat. "Well?!? What is it now, you dead old devil? Why don't you come and kill us already, or eat our souls, or whatever it is you do for fun? We've all had enough of your games- tell us what you want, or just leave us alone!" His babyish face is twisted into a sneer, eyes half-wild and the rage of a wounded animal.

Don't make the halfling mad:

Probably totally irrelevant, but for whatever it's worth, here's an Intimidation roll:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Before entering the courtroom...
"I... I feel safer with Talib and Mylock and Sine," Talienda confesses, "and I'm sure you've guessed who I am by now. I do not dout your courage or integrity, but I don't know who else I can trust in that room. I don't know if Malgrim is the only one that would have trade me in for that ransom."

In the Courtroom
Talienda's too surprised by the pinch to do much about it. Once Patrissa lets go of her, she rubs the sore spot with a soft, "owww." She doesn't have time to say anything else as she feels the wildly changing temperature and hears Skurly's disturbing outburst.

Is he... Is he one of those that has different personae? Oh, what else have I found myself mixed up in?!

Instinctively, she huddles next to Mylock as she looks about for whatever it was that Skurly has sensed.


F NG Ratfolk Bard | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14, T: 14, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/11 | Spells: 1st 1/3 | Active conditions: None

Feeling the strange changes in temperature, and feeling like something is watching Rissi casts her magic detection cantrip again and scans the area. "Sir Rekkart! Or anyone.... Can anyone detect evil? Or spirit energy? Something is wrong here!" "Be ready!"


NG Female Half-elf Occultist 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18, t: 12, ff:16 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2, Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Abj. 1/1, Conj. 2/2, Evo 0/3 | Spells: 1st 1/3| Active conditions: 2 Strength damage.

Cursing under her breath at her inexperience, Sinésiel takes a look around the room with her to try and identify what she is feeling.

Dice Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"No such talents here! Be ready to protect the non-combatants!"

Sinésiel will draw her scimitar in her main hand and her dove figurine in her off hand.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

Talib remains silent, his keen eyes scanning the courtroom—not to ascertain the source of the disturbance, but to re-examine all the jurors and scrutinise their reactions to the unexpected. If they were trapped here, and there was a mortal conspirator in their midst, he wanted to start smoking them out. Did anyone seem suspiciously calm, or overtly distraught, as if to compensate for their lack of true emotion? There are a thousand little signals people give off without intending to—fractions of seconds of true, unmasked sentiment—especially when they believe they are not being watched closely.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Physically, the inquisitor readies his falchion and moves to cover the doors, ready to either evacuate the room in an orderly fashion or to intercept an ill-advised exodus, as the situation requires.


As if in reply to Skurly's challenge, there is a moment of silence before mist begins to drip from the ceiling and accumulate in the centre of the room, bathing the courtroom in an aura of cold and despair. A gaunt human male with grey brown skin floats out of the cloud, his head covered in a black burlap sack tied with several different coils of rope that dangled from his broken neck and slithered through the air like living animals. He levitates towards the judge's seat, still facing the public, and seems to attempt to speak, but the only sounds that exit its destroyed throat are feeble whimpers and croaks.

Halgrak, the half-orc, screams out of the room, followed by Ebin, Madge and Killian. Patrissa jumps behind Cole, crying. "Sir Cole, please, protect me! Take me away from that…that monstrous murderer!" The paladin grabs the woman's hand and starts running, shouting to those who remain behind. "I will see miss Patrissa to safety! Hold the lines for as long as it's safe, but flee if it gets dangerous!"

Rissi mutters a curse under her breath, as the ghost appears just as she was about to ascertain the location of a faint magic aura inside the room.

Talib:

As chaos erupts, Talib notices two things: Patrissa, for all her mannerisms, seems smarter than a simple damsel in distress; and Killian, either due to the stereotypical phlegm of aristocracy or something else, looks less scared than what one would expect in these circumstances, even if he was one of the first to flee. He knows neither of these are necessarily a sign of wrong-doing, but still worthy of note.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Talienda stands transfixed by the macabre specter that was now before them, her hands tightly gripping the sleeve of Mylock's shirt. She hardly breathes as it settles into the high seat of the judge. The color drains from her face. Her chest feels as if a giant was crushing it. One hand begins clawing at the high neck of her blouse to try loosening the rope she feels around her own neck again as the phantom tries to speak. The dream from when she awoke plays over and over again in her mind, each time more terrible than the last.

Will DC 15 to keep from fainting: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Oh, so close.

Her eyes roll up and Mylock feels his sleeve slacken as Talienda faints dead away and collapses to the floor. Her breathing comes in short, raspy gasps as if she wasn't getting enough air to catch her breath.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

Talib steps forward, letting the fleeing civilians pass without interfering: obviously, the courtroom just has just become more dangerous than anything they have seen so far. He feels the icy tendrils of dread cloying up from his stomach, trying to worm their way into his brain—a natural reaction to the presence of the unnatural. Once again, he lets the feeling pass through him, excising it from his body with a slow exhalation. These animal impulses, they will not control him. He serves a higher purpose, a power more formidable than any lost soul—a power that demands that errors be rectified with alacrity.

"The Judge of the Gods lends me the words to carry out his will."

"Are you Jarbin Mord?" he asks firmly, over-enunciating every word for clarity. "You cannot speak, it seems, but can you nod for yes? Or shake your head for no? This does not need to be adversarial: give us a sign, tell us what you want, and perhaps we can help you move on—for justice, not for vengeance."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


The floating man does not give any sign it has heard Talib's question and seems to be completely focussed on Tablark, the only juror who did not immediately escape the room. One of the ropes gently but quickly seeks the dwarf and caresses his face. Tablark moans, emitting a sound like a tortured animal as he drops to his knobby old knees; his hands reach toward his face and his fingers curl and claw at his eyes. Tablark screams, a high-pitched monstrous sound that cuts the air and warbles on impossibly long as he mauls large bloody furrows across his face and eyes. The scream turns to mad wild laughter as Tablark rises to his feet and flees.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

How rude!

Talib frowns, grasping the hilt of his falchion with both hands. So much for negotiation, then. Bemused at his own lack of success and startled by the dwarf's fate, he hesitates—what was it that they were facing, exactly, and could they even harm the revenant?

Knowledge (religion) to identify the creature: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 3 = 28


M LG Halfling Investigator (Sleuth) 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 14) | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: -1, R: +5, W: +4, +2 vs. fear | Init: +4, +6 if Luck > 0 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration: 0/3 | Luck: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Skurly was quiet while watching the apparition toy with the dwarf, bracing for another display of hellish violence. When it doesn't come, he blinks, and slings his pack to the ground, reaching in and drawing forth the ponderous tome of Silman Trabe, Punish the Guilty.

"This is your hand, isn't it?" He advanced toward the spectre with the book heal open, revealing the scrawlings of "LIAR" across the pages. He finally comes to within just an arm's reach of the hangman's noose, and lays the open book down like an offering. "You can't talk, but you can write, can't you. What were they lying about? We want the truth too. That's all we want. Let us help you."

His voice quavers, but he doesn't seem terrified so much as taut with anticipation.


Damn, that was a good religion roll.

With the undead hovering in front of Talib's eyes, he cannot help but admonish himself for his slowness in realising the situation he is in. The creature is what the common folk call a croaker: the soul of a man hung for a crime he did not commit that clings to the world with maddening despair. In revenge for its fate, a croaker drains the sanity of those who encounter it, either slowly by its mere presence, or quickly, with little more than a touch of its undead fingers.

Those foolish enough to try and confront a croaker in battle quickly discover the incorporeal being is completely unaffected by most weapons; even those who manage to banish it with magic soon realise their respite is temporary as the creature reappears the following day. The inquisitor trembles at the last details he could remember about croakers: on the anniversary of its death, the undead's torment is so magnified that, when banished, it returns on the following hour, and keeps doing so until dawn arrives.

The only way to free the spirit of a croaker is almost as grisly as the events that brought the creature into being: the true culprits of the crimes it was wrongly accused of committing must be brought to the gallows and punished.

Meanwhile, the creature seems largely unfazed by Skurly's request, not showing any signs of having acknowledged the little halfling.


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

Talib steps back, carefully withdrawing towards the exit without taking his eyes off the apparition. "Everyone, listen to me: that creature is a croaker. We cannot defeat it through violence, and it seems we cannot reason with it. Best not to provoke it needlessly."

He motions with one hand for the others to follow his lead, and for Mylok to pick up the unconscious Talienda.

Assuming we get out without issue...

Once everyone is out of the courtroom, the inquisitor looks to the others and sighs. "I had intended to evacuate the building and investigate the manner on my own terms, but that appears to have been a miscalculation. My apologies. We must to find the person or persons who conspired to hang Jarbin Mord, preferrably before the croaker has more opportunities for slaughter. Someone in the jury must know something, and there might be more clues to be found around the courthouse. I suggest we keep one the move, interrogating everyone we come across. The circumstances call for both haste and ruthlessness."

I suggest we keep going through the ground floor as before, unless there are people in the hall. Do we see any stragglers?


F NG Ratfolk Bard | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14, T: 14, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/11 | Spells: 1st 1/3 | Active conditions: None

Rissi watches the scene unfold. Others trying to communicate with the ghostly creature, or run away. She realized that her spell had expired but she did get a hint of something. With Talib's warning she turns away from the thing and quietly casts again, turning and scanning the room for any magical auras. "Need to focus. I thought I saw something...."

Hoping the thing doesn't turn to attacking us!


NG Female Half-elf Occultist 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18, t: 12, ff:16 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2, Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Abj. 1/1, Conj. 2/2, Evo 0/3 | Spells: 1st 1/3| Active conditions: 2 Strength damage.

Nodding along to Talib's explanation, Sinésiel visibly shudders. "I think that unless someone has the 'talents' necessary to pick the lock on that iron door, we should head upstairs next," she says, trying to keep her voice down so that only the investigation squad can hear what she has to say.

Rolls:

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Want to see if I know about croakers... guess Talib and I are on the same page for this one.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
For further down when she's looking at the folks in the room.

Malgrim has already been taken to the gallows, though, no matter how much a villain he was nobody deserves his fate. That leaves two more culprits, should my vision earlier be trusted.

She looks about at those that are in the room, trying to see if anyone is missing or looking particularly suspicious.


The spirit continues levitating and croaking above the judge's seat. Rissi, scanning the room one last time before leaving, discovers that there is no magic inside the room anymore and whatever aura she had felt before has since dissipated. She darts one last glance as she closes the door and witnesses the croaker floating upwards and slowly disappearing in a puff of mist.

Once outside, the courthouse is as quiet as before. There is no one in the great hall at the moment. A few drops of blood, likely from Tablark's ruined face, lead to the stairs on the northeast but disappear after that.

You are welcome to try and roll for opening the lock on the iron door, but otherwise Sinésiel is right and you have investigated all rooms on this floor.

Sinésiel:

In her vision before she woke up in the courthouse, Sinésiel had heard about two persons (or possibly spirits, as she suspects now): one fuelled by anger and the other by despair. She has the feeling that the croaker is the second one.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

I'm assuming Mylock did pick Talienda up.

Mylock can hear Talienda's uneasy breathing. She sounds like her breath is short and the tight collar can't be helping from the way she feebly claws at it as if there were a rope there. She whimpers a little every now and then, and despite her unrest, she isn't waking up.


M LG Halfling Investigator (Sleuth) 1 | HP: 7/7 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 14) | CMB: -2, CMD: 11 | F: -1, R: +5, W: +4, +2 vs. fear | Init: +4, +6 if Luck > 0 | Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration: 0/3 | Luck: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Skurly trails along after the crew, after having retrieved Judge Trabe's text from the shadow of Jarbin Mord. "I could get it open, I imagine, given a little time to work." He turns to look gloomily at Sinesiel. "But I don't know that what's on the other side of that door is any better than where we are now."

He then casts a fitful, worried glance at the prostrate Talienda. "Can someone help her? We can't do anything until we're all on our feet- we have to stick together, or we're all done for!"


The clock in the great hall comes to life once again with screams, whimpers and painful moans that eerily resemble a cries of anger and despair. This time, however, no visions accompany the tolling that marks the arrival of the new hour. It is 20:00 and the dawn of the new day is still faraway.

So, open lock or stairs?


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

"Proceed," Talib says to Skurly, making a precise gesture of benediction. "All locks yield to the Master of the First Vault."

There is a noticeable surge of confidence that comes with the ritual, as simple as it is: like the firm hand of a trusted tutor on one's shoulder, the feeling of shored-up reassurance paired with the enforced correctness that comes with being monitored by an authority figure.

Go forth with guidance! Assuming there are no traps on the iron door, I'd take 20 on the Disable Device check to open the lock. There are no immediate threats right now, and we need to get in there sooner or later, I presume. That should take rounds, at max, but Talib will renew the spell as needed.

With that said, the inquisitor approaches Mylok and Talienda. He procures and opens a canteen from his hip, splashing a bit of water on the young woman's face—not enough to soak her, but more than enough to give her a much-needed start.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Talienda splutters and coughs as water goes down the wrong way. She begins to panic as she finds herself unable to take in a breath and keep it. Her thrashing causes her to fall out of Mylock's arms and land hard onto the ground, though the young woman hardly notices as her fingers find the button on her collar and she nearly rips it off in her haste to undo it. She takes in a deep breath and another coughing fit ensues, though this one is much less violent and passes fairly quickly. After gulping down air for a few more breaths, she begins to calm and regain her composure. With some help, she stands back on her feet.

"W-what happened? Why are we out in the main hall again," she asked, obviously scared and confused, but in control of the fear for the moment.


Mylok winks at Talienda. "Good, you're up, Duchess, I was starting to get worried," he says. Then, looking at the group, he raises a finger, seems about to say something, then changes his mind. "Wait…I just had an idea, you guys go on ahead without me, I'll catch up in a minute." Without giving anyone a chance to reply, he goes to the courtroom where the group had originally found the birds.

Skurly, meanwhile, starts fumbling with his tools. "I'm sorry, sir," he says, looking at Talib, "I have a bad feeling about this, it's almost as if this door is trying to block anything from messing with it. Perhaps it's better if we check upstairs first?"

After a few moments of discussion, the group climbs the stairs to the first floor of the courthouse. They are immediately greeted by a set of lavishly decorated wooden doors labelled Lounge, which nevertheless are in a similar state of decay as the rest of the building. green dot

To the west they see a small corridor that seems to wind around the whole level and leads them to two other doors, one labelled Bailiff's lodgings magenta dot and the other Lounge - servant entrance yellow dot, as well as a ladder that seems to give into a closed (but unlocked) hatch.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Talienda, as recovered as she's likely to get from her fainting spell, watches Mylock leave with a worried look on her face. Not seeing anything for it, she climbs the stairs with the others. She leaves the collar of her blouse open, still feeling the aftereffects of her nightmare and her attempt to breath water.

On the landing before the double doors, she asks the others, "should we see if the others that awoke here went this way?" She points to the doors, wondering if the others might have better luck telling which way the other group or the dwarf went.

Perception (Obvious signs of passage): 1d20 ⇒ 13


F NG Ratfolk Bard | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14, T: 14, FF: 11) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/11 | Spells: 1st 1/3 | Active conditions: None

Rissi glances around the area but shakes her head when Talienda mentions the others. "The jury? Let them protect themselves for now, but I'm concerned about Mylok. WE should all stay together. Hopefully he knows what he's doing. Now, maybe the bailiff? Doesn't a bailiff handle security for a court?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Inquisitor of Abadar 2| AC 17*, T 13*, FF 16* | HP 15/18 | Fort +4, Ref +2*, Will +6 | CMB +4, CMD 15* | Init +4* | Perception +8, Sense Motive +8

"That is... a simplistic, yet accurate description of a bailiff's duties," Talib says to Rissi. "We should look at the lounge first. Doubtlessly not as ready a source for clues as the bailiff's quarters, but I would rather not leave unexplored rooms at our rear."

The inquisitor checks the (green) doors for any sign of foul play, and then leads the way into the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


NG Female Half-elf Occultist 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18, t: 12, ff:16 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2, Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Abj. 1/1, Conj. 2/2, Evo 0/3 | Spells: 1st 1/3| Active conditions: 2 Strength damage.

"I agree with Talib's assessment of the situation," Sinésiel says as she follows along. She will also look for any signs of traps or the like.

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"I'm sure Mylok will be alright, he's a hardy fellow. I'd be more worried about anyone he's after."


----------------------------------
13. Lounge
----------------------------------

Shortly after she speaks, and whilst Talib and Talienda search for footsteps, Sinésiel hears a single muffled sob coming from the Lounge area. The group presses forward and opens the door. Fine leather sofas and a mahogany table now covered in a thick layer of dust stand undisturbed around this chamber. Portraits line the walls here with plaques bearing names below.

The source of the sob is immediately clear: Halgrak sits on the ground hugging what seems to be an ice bucket. Tears run down his face as he stares at the wall and ignores the entrance of the group.

There are two doors in this room: one, on the southwestern wall, leads back into the corridor, the servant entrance; another, on the eastern wall, whose plaque has been violently scratched into illegibility. On the southeastern corner of the room, a flight of stairs leads to the second floor of the courthouse.

Perception DC 10:

The more one looks into the portraits, the harder it becomes to distinguish the features of the person: shadows flow through the paint, obscuring one eye, sliding another down a throat, opening a closed mouth. Only one painting does not suffer from this effect: that of a fat man with a greying goatee.

The names on the plaques instead have been erased and replaced with a single scrawled word. Together they read: MAY FAILURE BE YOUR NOOSE. The plaque beneath the only visible painting reads Judge Silman Trabe.

Perception DC 10 (separate roll):

The wood on the ground in front of the western-most sofa has a few scorched marks that lead under the furniture. After moving it a bit, the group finds an incenser with some aromatic resin still inside.

Talib:

Talib is suddenly in the courtoom again. The judge with the greying goatee speaks: "Jarbin Mord. For the brutal and savage slaying of your own wife and son, it is the verdict of this jury, with which I concur wholeheartedly, that you shall hang by your neck until dead. May the gods take mercy on your blackened soul. For we certainly won't."

Silence falls over the courtroom in the wake of this pronouncement of doom. The faces of the assembled crowd grow solemn as everyone feels the finality of the sentence, with a few exceptions: younger versions of Malgrim, Madge, Ebin and Partissa all seem pleased and highly amused by this turn of events.


F NG Human (Taldan) Sorcerer 1 | HP: 9/11 NL: 2 | AC: 12, T: 12, FF: 10) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: 0, SM: 0 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 0/6 | Spells: 1st 0/5 | Active conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Talienda notices something under the western sofa and points it out before going up to Halgrak and sitting next to him. Seeing someone else in as bad of a panic as she seemed to be finding herself in this evening made her realize there was something she could do while the others did more pertinent to their survival.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22Woo! I was hoping for a good roll. Add another +2 if this is considered gathering information due to her Affable Trait.

"H-halgrak, right," she asks, her voice cracking just a bit from her nerves. "You've been terrified ever since we woke up. I'm guessing that you know more than most would give you credit for just because of how you look. I'm guessing you knew something was up with the jury too. If you help us, we could lay Mord's soul to rest. We could make sure that those not in on whatever plot there was don't wind up dead as collateral damage. Master Ibor Torine once told me that brave men act despite their fear, and I think you are braver than you give yourself credit for."

She reaches out and gently puts a hand on his arm.

"Besides, you're not the only one that's scared. I passed out from fright when that thing appeared. You at least still had the good sense to run."

151 to 200 of 489 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Omelas' Hangman's Noose – Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.