[Gameday VIII] GM Burd's SFS #1-22 The Protectorate Petition

Game Master Art Burd

Slides


201 to 250 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik looks at Jett...

"Well that response should get us a line on where Therseis stands fairly quickly."


Do you meet up with Therseis and let him look through the document?

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

"Lets go and meet Therseis then." Zoomer reply's


You all head up and meet with Therseis. After you let them look over the document, they are silent for a moment. They then look up at you. "This is... bizarre. As our history shows it, this Signal, as it is referred to in here, was received by numerous individuals across Tabrid Minor. However, they were unable to understand it. While others were able to record the cryptic information that these people provided, those who had received the signal were all apparently driven quite mad by the entire experience. It is only within the last several decades that we have been able to create viable starships, which in turn allowed us to better understand the contents of the Signal."

Then, after a few seconds, they look at you all with what you take to be curiosity. "Tell me, and I am asking with nothing but curiosity, what would you have been willing to do or sacrifice in order to attain Drift technology had you been in our place, unable to figure out what the Signal had meant for centuries?"

I will progress us to the final location after I receive answers from everyone, or 24 hours have passed, whichever comes first.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Xino contemplates the question for a second. "Well I would have put hired the best Mathematicians, Cryptologists, and Engineers to work hours on end to decipher the message. As far as sacrifice, I guess time would be what I would sacrifice."

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer looks from Xino to Therseis…

The price they paid was my planet before the Drift, Akiton was a thriving planet heavily mined for fuel to power pre-drift ships.
Now its a wilderness home to Junkers, ex-miners and scoundrels. The Ysoki race are very adaptable we survive."

He pulls out his data-pad and displays Triune's message.

This is the message your robot workforce received they understood it, it made them sentient... your ancestor's destroyed them and killed any who actually believed. The same thing happened across the pact worlds to some degree or other. We can't judge your people on the mistakes that your ancestors made but on the actions of you who now represent what your people can bring to it.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

"Well... I don't really have a better answer, so I'll just go with Xino's."

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"I'm not a follower of Triune myself but what Zoomer says makes a lot of sense. Drift travel is not the be all, end all. Time & Money is a good answer - Life? not so much."


"The robots were... sentient?" You see that this clearly troubles Therseis. "I must... think on this. Excuse me. I trust that you can find the final location on your own." They then begin walking off, in a seemingly random direction.

.

You all then head to the final location that the research team had marked on the map, near the precise center of the city. Weeds and ugly vines extend along these silent stone pathways. Crumbling statuary and collapsed walls, riddled with bullet holes and scorch marks, stand testament to a great conflict long ago. Dented helmets and battered, rusted vehicles stand in stark contrast to their stone surroundings. Hundreds of grave markers and monuments dot the landscape, each covered in old inscriptions that the years have worn to the point of illegibility. You approach what appears to be a small graveyard near to a walled off fountain. As you approach, you suddenly notice several figures that look like Copaxi, wielding a combination of rifles and spears. They suddenly turn to face your, and you can tell that they are not normal Copaxi, due to the intense burns covering their exoskeleton, with some sections lacking any covering at all. They raise their weaponry and move to attack you.

GM Screen:

Mega Kodrog Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Zoomer Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Captain Jett Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Xino Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Twik Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Enemy 1 Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Enemy 2 Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Round 1:
Block 1: Zoomer, Twik
Block 2: Enemy 2, Enemy 1
Block 3: Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog, Xino

The two enemies with solid color borders are wielding rifles, while the dashed border one has a spear.

.

The metal fence around the cemetery is five feet tall, and is thick enough to provide cover to anyone on the other side of it. It can be scaled with an Athletics check, and there are several gaps that can be moved through. As for the wall around the fountain, it is two feet tall and provides partial cover to medium creatures, or normal cover for small creatures. It can be crossed by either leaping it or treating it as difficult terrain.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer moves quickly forwards and finds cover behind one of the tomb stones.

Taking aim I think he has a clear shot on Green if not he has snipers aim which reduces the penalty

Laser rifle shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Possible damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


GM Screen:
Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Enemy Shot (T): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Damage (P): 1d8 ⇒ 8
Enemy Shot (T): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12
Enemy Shot (T): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5
Enemy Shot (T): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3

Enemy Stab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage (P): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Zoomer is able to land a shot against the creature, the shot burning into the shell.

Botting Twik:

Twik moves to the side, maneuvering in a way to hide his actions from the Copaxi-shell creatures. Aiming at the Copaxi in the back, he apparently befuddles it, scoring a good shot with his semi-auto pistol. However, it doesn't appear to do as much as anybody would expect.

.

Opponents:

The two copaxi in the back both raise their rifles, standing in place as they fire. One takes shots against Twik and Zoomer, while the other aims at Mega and Jett. All of the shots are misses, except for the one against Twik, which impacts into him.

Twik, that is 8 piercing damage.

Then, the Copaxi with the spear moves forwards towards Zoomer. Getting up next to the Ysoki, it stabs at him with its spear.

Zoomer, that is 7 piercing damage.

.

Round 1:
Block 1: Zoomer (-7 SP), Twik (-8 SP)
Block 2: Red-Dash, Purple-Solid (-1 HP), Green-Solid (-4 HP)
Block 3: Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog, Xino

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Reacting swiftly, Twik zig zags away before aiming another shot at spear wielding enemy in their midst...

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Moving up behind a tombstone, Xino takes a shot at the spear wielding Copaxi.

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Critical: 1d4 ⇒ 1
burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett draws his axe and moves towards the Copaxi.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

move into melee with assualt hammer hit: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (2) = 6 dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer tries to tumble away from the spear guy

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

if successful he will attempt to shoot old red in da head...

Hey red! Eat dis...: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 12 includes -4 for cover

Burn dam ya!: 1d8 ⇒ 3


GM Screen:
Shot (M): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4
Shot (M): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6
Shot (J): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 18
Damage (P): 1d8 ⇒ 3
Shot (J): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5

Stab (M): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Damage (P): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Stab (J): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 = 11

Twik is able to trick the spear wielding Copaxi shell, but his shot goes to the side of the creature. Xino is then able to land an excellent shot to the creature, igniting the shell in flames. Both Jett and Mega move up towards the spear-wielding opponent, with the latter's swing missing. Zoomer is then able to land another laser shot on them.

Opponents

The two Copaxi-shells with rifles open fire at you all, two shots aimed towards Mega and two towards Jett. Most miss, except for the one aimed at Jett. The spear-wielding one then swings its spear around, stabbing once at both Mega and Jett, with only the one against Mega connecting.

That is 3 piercing damage to Jett and 11 piercing damage to Mega.

Round 1:
Block 1: Zoomer (-7 SP), Twik (-8 SP)
Block 2: Red-Dash (-8 HP), Purple-Solid (-1 HP), Green-Solid (-4 HP)
Block 3: Captain Jett (-3 SP), Mega Kodrog (-9 SP, -2 HP), Xino

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

I think Red took 11 damage last round 8 from Xino and 3 from Zoomer?

Zoomer moves to get a clear shot on Red.

ZAP!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Scorch: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett swings his ax at the one closest to him.

Plasma ax (EAC): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

swing again with assault hammer hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik continues a weaving pattern of movement before firing his pistol again...

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Consecutive 1's to hit. Booo!

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Xino takes another shot at the spear welder.

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


GM Screen:
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Enemy Shot: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10
Enemy Shot: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8
Enemy Shot: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12
Enemy Shot: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10

Enemy Stab: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Damage (P): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Enemy Stab: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 4 = 15
Damage (P): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Correct Zoomer, that was an error on my part.

With a flurry of attacks, the five of you all attempt to bring down the spear-wielding Copaxi shell. However, Xino is the only one able to land a shot, burning a small hole in the shell of the creature.

The two gun-wielding shells open fire, completely missing all of you. The spear weilder, still burning from Xino's earlier shot, swings its spear first at Mega and then at Jett, hitting both of you.

That is 6 piercing damage to Jett and 10 piercing damage to Mega.

Round 3:
Block 2: Red-Dash (-15 HP), Purple-Solid (-1 HP), Green-Solid (-4 HP)
Block 3: Captain Jett (-6 SP, -3 HP), Mega Kodrog (-9 SP, -12 HP), Xino

Round 4:
Block 1: Zoomer (-7 SP), Twik (-8 SP)

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer gives his rifle a stroke.. fire at red

Com'on this time: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

ZZZZap: 1d8 ⇒ 2

he ducks back into cover

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett sees his colleague on his last legs, and immediately steps back. "Don't worry, I've got you!" he says, as his hands begin to glow, and he touches Mega's shoulder. Immediately, Mega's wounds begin to close.

Guarded step, and casting 1st-level Mystic Cure.

Healing!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

However, shortly after starting to close, his wounds stop. Jett looks mildly perturbed, and mutters, "Kind of anticlamactic, isn't it?"

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik bounces back and forth looking very hyperactive. Perhaps he should slow down...

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
[ooc]If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Hoping to end this quickly, Xino takes to more quick shots at the spear wielder.

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Full action

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

As Mega heals Thanks, I'm going to take cover and he spends his turn doing so. Sorry, but I'm out till next fight.


GM Screen:
Enemy Shot (M): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6
Enemy Shot (M): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 = 15
Damage (P): 1d8d1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5, 2, 12, 12, 6, 9, 14, 18) + 6 - 4 = 80
Enemy Shot (J): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14

From all of your attacks, Red collapse into a burning pile on the ground.

The two gun wielding shells then open fire on you again, firing at Mega and Jett. Due in part to the iron fence, none of the shots connect.

Round 4:
Block 2: Red-Dash (-20 HP), Purple-Solid (-1 HP), Green-Solid (-4 HP)
Block 3: Captain Jett (-6 SP, -3 HP), Mega Kodrog (-9 SP, -8 HP), Xino

Round 5:
Block 1: Zoomer (-7 SP), Twik (-8 SP)

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer moves up to the gate post and takes position to shoot at green again.

Shot on green greeni: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Hot work: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Go to Shoot out

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett turns to the gunners and starts muttering some words under his breath. Suddenly, three points of light arc across the sky, coming visible closer, before knocking into the two gun-wielding copaxi.

Casting shooting stars, which acts as magic missile, as a full-round action.

Missile 1 (purple): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4, Missile 2 (purple): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5, Missile 3 (blue): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Assuming by Blue you meant Green:

Round 4:
Block 2: Red-Dash (-20 HP), Purple-Solid (-10 HP), Green-Solid (-9 HP)
Block 3: Captain Jett (-6 SP, -3 HP), Mega Kodrog (-9 SP, -8 HP), Xino

Round 5:
Block 1: Zoomer (-7 SP), Twik (-8 SP)

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

With one target down, Twik dances his way forward through a gap to get a better bead on the others before firing on purple.

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Purple falls to the ground.

Round 4:
Block 2: Red-Dash (-20 HP), Purple-Solid (-13 HP), Green-Solid (-9 HP)
Block 3: Captain Jett (-6 SP, -3 HP), Mega Kodrog (-9 SP, -8 HP), Xino

Round 5:
Block 1: Zoomer (-7 SP), Twik (-8 SP)

.

In the interest of wrapping this up in time for me to report this as part of the gameday, I will bot Mega and Xino if they have not posted within two hours of this post.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Mega drops prone for more ranged cover.


Botting Xino:

azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
azimuth laser pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3

At this point, there isn't really a way that you can lose this fight, so I will go ahead and progress to what you find after the fight.

.

After bringing down the three Copaxi shells, you look around the area. As you look around, you can tell that this section of the city is damaged in a manner much closer to what would result from urban warfare, rather than simply decaying over time. From what you can see of the amount of shell-like remains scattered around the area, both sides of the conflict must have taken heavy casualties. There is a wall nearby, all that is left of a building, that is riddled with bullet holes and what looks like faint stains.

Medicine or Life Science (DC 18):
You spot a few tiny, multi-colored flowers growing among the weeds in and around the cemetery. After examining them for a few moments, you realize that they are likely unique to the atmospheric and meteorological conditions that surround the floating city and are most likely extinct elsewhere.

You can choose to collect samples to return to the research team.

Culture (DC 15):
On a nearby monument, you find an inscription in Copaxi that reads "...those who died of the Message of Madness are forever a part of this great city, their contributions forever a part of our memories."

However, there is graffiti marring the monument. Also in Copaxi, it reads as "Your lies cannot silence the Signal! Long live the First to Listen!"

Culture or Mysticism (DC 13)

Spoiler:
You recognize this as referring to the revelation of Drift technology in 3 AG - although the Copaxi government claims to have translated the Signal only in the last few years.

Enemy gear and Treasure:
You find a collection of gear in the area, including an incendiary grenade 2, four mk 1 serums of healing, two nyfiber nets, and two tactical pikes, as well as the weapons that the three shells had been wielding.

As you look at the gear, you notice that it all appears to be inferior to that of the Pact Worlds, buts is far beyond that found in the surrounding areas. From what you can tell, only one side of the battle that had occurred here seems to have possessed the technology, while the opposing side fought with devastating magical attacks.

Engineering or Physical Science (DC 16)

Spoiler:
With a fair degree of accuracy, you estimate that all of these objects are about 300 years old.

.

After you have had a while to look through everything here, you see Therseis approach. "Greetings. May I ask what you have found here?" He waits for your reply.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Examining the weapons fink dis stuffs bout 300 years old.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik studies their surrondings and the remains of what has been left behind...

On a nearby monument, Twik discovers an inscription in Copaxi that reads "...those who died of the Message of Madness are forever a part of this great city, their contributions forever a part of our memories."

However, there is graffiti marring the monument. Also in Copaxi, it reads as "Your lies cannot silence the Signal! Long live the First to Listen!"

He immediately recognizes this as referring to the revelation of Drift technology in 3 AG - although the Copaxi government claims to have translated the Signal only in the last few years.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Culture Followup: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


How do you all respond to Therseis?

So that everyone is aware, I will be progressing the story by no later than 12 hours from this post, potentially less.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

I found myself getting my butt kicked. I need a rest. can we take a short rest.


This is the end of the adventure, so you don't need to.


GM Screen:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

You all tell Therseis about what you found here, in particular the engraving and the accompanying Graffite. After a few moments to think, they admit that the modern Copaxi government’s portrayal of the sky cities’ downfall is inconsistent with the PCs’ findings. "The widely accepted story that divine intervention destroyed these impressive sky cities clearly clashes with the signs of urban warfare and unrest that this area shows. As a note, stories concerning this “Message of Madness” are not widely known across Tabrid Minor. When the message arrived, Copaxis as a whole lacked the technological framework to understand it. Those who heard it directly suffered severe psychological trauma and ultimately took their lives. Only recently have these records resurfaced and inspired our recent ventures into space."

Gesturing back towards the research station, they then say "Let me guide you back to your ship. If what I can tell is true, your mission here is close to done. There is something that I wish to discuss with you, if you all are ok with that." They then fall silent for the walk back to your ship and the station.

.

Do you or do you not want to have a final discussion with Therseis?

Also, do you want to try and smuggle Less Than Three onto your ship before you leave?

I need answers to both these questions before continuing. I will proceed once a majority decision (3/5 either way) has been reached on both of them.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Yes and yes

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Yes and yes

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Yes and Yes.

Xino turns to Therseis, "I would love to hear what you have to say, but something has been nagging at me since I have been hear. I know you have been in communication with someone in secret, and I would like to know what that was about."


You see Therseis stiffen slightly as Xino asks his question. "You know? In that case..." they pull out the second comm unit that you saw them ustilize earlier. They type on the keyboard for a few seconds, before stopping and looking around a little nervously. A few moments go by, before you notice what appears to be a small robotic figure scuttles into view, moving to stand next to Therseis. "This is who I was talking to with this," they say, gesturing with the comm unit. "I had originally been tinkering with some of the technologies that I had found up here, combining it with some that we had brought up here with us. However, as I worked on it, I noticed that the robot I was working on seemed to be getting smarter. Due to the general view of robotics here on Tabrid Minor, I decided that it would be good to hide it, to better keep it from causing any trouble. However, due to what you told me when you explored the tunnels under the city, I am more worried about the government confiscating or destroying them." They glance around at you for a moment, before patting their robotic companion and typing out a few commands, sending them back into hiding.

.

To smuggle Less Than Three onto your ship, you will need to make a Bluff, Profession (Smuggler), or Stealth check to get them past the other three researchers.

.

Once you all get to your ship, Therseis looks at you all. After a few moments, they finally speak. "So, I am sure that by this point you have come to question the details concerning the details of the history of these cities. From what I know combined with what you have told me, it appears that the government here has been keeping many secrets. First there was these cities’ magical aristocracy, which appears to have violently silenced those who heard the Signal several centuries ago. This appears to have led to an extremely bloody coup against them, resulting in the government several steps before the current one here. Then, there was the exploitation of robot laborers, which resulted in their termination when they showed signs of being more than just that."

Therseis shakes there head slightly. "I want you to know that I personally find this whole cover-up very distasteful now that I know the truth of it. I do find some solace in the knowledge that you now have an accurate view of my species' history. Also, I want to make sure that you are aware that all of these actions occurred several lifetimes ago; this does not excuse the government for perpetuating these myths, but none of them are directly responsible for committing these atrocious behaviors."

After a few moments to let what he has said sink in, Therseis speaks up again. "Whatever your decision may be, I would like to make one final request of you. May I return with you to the Pact Worlds to act as an ambassador for Tabrid Minor and, perhaps one day to join Starfinder society myself?"

.

Now, two more questions:

First, do you want to bring Therseis with you back to the Pact Worlds?

Second, and more important: Do you want to support or oppose the Copaxi petition for protectorate status?

Feel free to discuss these, but the second question is not a group decision; each of you will be filing a separate report to the Stewards.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

We will support Copaxi petition for protectorate status
First question Now what to do with Therseis, I'll go with the majority.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Profession(Smuggler): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Jett smiles at Therseis's final statement. "I think we would be happy to have you join us as an ambassador!"

Jett's Report:
Venture-Captain Arvin,
After my experiences with the Copaxi on Tabrid Minor, I find their planet fascinating! Their resources and knowledge would be a great benefit.
However,
In our investigations, we uncovered a fairly distasteful cover-up. Apparently, the knowledge of the Signal was suppressed, and the robot workers who were showing signs of intelligence were exploited and locked away. I myself understand that every planet has a bloody history, but the members of the Pact Worlds all have tried to overcome this. I do not see the same here. This did happen a few lifetimes ago, however, so the current government would likely be much more reasonable.

It is my opinion that the planet of Tabrid Minor should be allowed to join the Pact Worlds, although I think likely much more negotiations are required before this would occur.

Jett

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

If Twik is going to attempt to sneak less than 3 onto our ship Zoomer will attempt to Aid...Stealth(aid): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Zoomer examines Therseis's Robot engineering(take ten): 10 + 9 = 19

Very impressive it shows your people are adaptable and capable of fitting into the pact world society.

He performs the Copaxi the welcome dance again, then extends his paw to Therseis…

I would be honored to recommend you as ambassador between our peoples,my friend.

Report:
I would recommend admittance under protectorate status to the pact worlds like, many societies they seem to have struggled to acknowledge the sentience of android and robotic groups though evidence exists of the beginning of an ability to adapt. I would also recommend the Copaxi Therseis as an ambassador between our peoples.

dayjob(vid gamer): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Xino listens to the story of Therseis. "Regardless of the outcome of the Copaxi status, I will recommend you as an Ambassador for your people."

Report:
While the Copaxi's history has been violent, and they still seem to have a distrust of auto-mechanicals, there are individuals who over come this fear. We are bringing back one Therseis, who on his own has reached out to understand the nature of robotics. I suggest that he be made a ambassador for his people to help bring them into the Pact Worlds.

As far as the Copaxi as a whole, recommend a Probationary membership to the Pact Worlds dependent on their acceptance of all life, including that of a mechanical nature.

201 to 250 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Burd's SFS #1-22 The Protectorate Petition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.