[Gameday VIII] GM Burd's SFS #1-22 The Protectorate Petition

Game Master Art Burd

Slides


151 to 200 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer's eyes scan over the other robots.

"Were the others here like you? Maybe with time we may be able to reactive some of them?"

he begins to search for switches on the heads of the other deactivated robots.

engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Less than Three looks over at the other robotic forms. "Yes, they were gifted like I was. They are beyond recovery however."

After a few moments, you all get a chime on your comm units. [Starfinders, is everything going well in your excavation? I heard noises that sounded akin to gunfire and other sounds of combat, then nothing. Are you still alive? -Therseis]

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett immediately pulls out his comm unit and responds. "Yeah, we're doing ok. We encountered some kind of monster, but we handled it. Ah, hold on one second." He covers the receiver and whispers, "I'm not sure how much I trust Therseis, so maybe we shouldn't mention--" he nods to Less than Three. He turns to Less than Three and quickly adds, "No offense meant."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

We okay, thanks for asking.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Speaking to the group off comms Less Than Three, can you communicate with us long range like you are now. Via out Comms. That way if we have questions we can ask." To the others. "That way we can finish this mission without arising suspicion with the Copaxis."

"I don't trust Therseis either, he has been communicating with someone other than the other Copaxis." After a second he says "Oh yeah" and pulls out the coin from earlier. "Less than Three, what can you tell us about this?"


"I could, but I don't have any wish to remain in this place. As for the coin, what is there to tell? I can detect that it was minted well after my brethren and I went offline. Other than that, not much is detectable."

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer ponders what's been going on.

Less Than Three, Where is it you would like to go? If you require to leave this world then you will have to formally request it in front of a government representative and we know where to find one...

I'm sure if he requests asylum it would be difficult for the Copaxi to refuse it without putting their membership in Jeopardy.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Is there anyone that knows about the coin?

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik skips forward to communicate... " Less than Three, we are apart of a conglomerate of worlds among the stars. We were sent here to investigate a race of beings call the Copaxi who inhabit this planet who wish to join our group. Certain actions of our main contact here have invited suspicion. We have no wish to keep you here...We are just not sure how safe it would be to leave right now."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Less Than Three looks to you, then lower their head slightly. "If that is how it must be, then I understand. I have waited in the darkness for many cycles. I guess a few more won't make too much of a difference."

After heading back out:

You find Therseis waiting outside the tunnel exit. He looks at you with interest. "Greetings again Starfinders! I trust that your journey into the cavern depths beneath were enlightening?"

What do you wish to tell Therseis? Do you want to be forthcoming (diplomacy), or to keep information from him (bluff/intimdate)? In particular, do you tell him about Less Than Three?

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer thinks we should tell all, until we find out more of what Therseis knows its going to be difficult to complete the mission. Even if the rest of the group wants to keep 7of9 secret he thinks we need to show him the transmission.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Go ahead Twik, explain, you are the talkative one in the group.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik steps forward studying their contact while appearing deep in thought...

Does Therseis seem overeager, expectant or otherwise suspicious in anyway?
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

… before eventually shaking it off and speaking...

"Im not sure I would call it enlightening. Maybe almost enlightening. When we ventured in we were attacked by a large crab like creature which we fended off. We eventually found a room full of old defective robots with strange markings. I think given more time, we could make something of them but we are keen to check out everything you want to show us so we will check back in later. Best not go in for now. The crab creature might come back with friends and we wouldn't want the work we've completed so far disrupted."

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


GM Screen:

None of those terms would be quite accurate. If anything he seems to just be particularly interested in what you will say.

When you mention the crab-like creature, Therseis replies "Hmm, I wouldn't have expected any Corchaaz up here. It must have been a remnant from when this city was still populated." Looking back up at you, they continue. "I wouldn't be too worried about the Corchaaz. They usually only ever move around in groups of at most two. But if you say that the tunnels are still unsafe, my fellow researchers and I shall remain outside for now."

They then angle their head slightly, thinking for a moment. "You said that you found defective robots down there? They must have been remnants from the last major workforce. That must have been just prior to the decommissioning." After a moment, he shakes his head and explains. "Of course you wouldn't be familiar with that, apologies. Many years ago, several of your decades, the Copaxi government made use of robotics in order to help them better construct the cities down on the surface. However, at some point a large gravitational fluctuation scrambled the robots’ computers, and they recklessly began attacking Copaxis and destroying property. As such, the government was forced to go through an extensive decommissioning process on the robots, and research into robotics and similar fields has been strictly controlled since." It is hard to tell for sure due to the differences in biology, but it appears that Therseis is embarrassed by something. However, before you can ask him about it, they begin guiding you to the next location.

.

Guiding you through the streets, Therseis gestures to the next area designated by the map. It appears to be a series of buildings over a few blocks of land, much resembling a college campus of some sort. Overgrown vegetation covers this sprawling campus of lecture amphitheaters, study halls, and dormitories.

Perception or Profession (philosopher or professor) (DC 14):
You discover that the campus is devoid of materials that reveal anything about the Copaxis themselves, though materials containing generic knowledge (such as books on basic chemistry and geology) are abundant. The most common materials are devoted to simple magical theories, but there is nothing advanced or practical enough to be useful.

Mysticism or related Profession (DC 14)

Spoiler:
You realize that the books on magic seem to have been written by someone with extremely limited or second-hand knowledge of magic.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Hmmmm!

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

"You say the robots were violent? Huh... ok."

"Well, this looks quite nice!" Jett remarks about the university.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Mysticism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He goes to examine some of the books. Looking over the titles, he pauses. "A bit lacking in cultural or historical studies." Possessing magical abilities himself, he excitedly pulls off a book about magic, but after skimming through it, seems disappointed. "And apparently in magical studies as well."


I'll put up a more substantial update tomorrow. For now, what do you do with what you found out? As a reminder, you were informed that this city was ruled by a magical elite, and this appears to be a semi-major university.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

As Zoomer some how managed a natural 20 on his perception and knows nothing on magic stuff did he find any coins or records of payments from students amongst the ruins?

Zoomer compares the books to see if the magic books pages are the same kind of paper to the chemistry-geology stuff.

perception{if required}: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Sounds like the magical elite has it in for the competition (science) and put an end to university that was likely promoting it

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Yeah, but there isn’t much stuff about magic either.


Zoomer looks over the books, and finds that the ones detailing magic do appear to be on the same kind of paper. Looking at them, you do get the sense that the magical-related books are not as old as the others. However, the fact that any books remains up here at all is interesting itself.

.

Since there isn't much else to do on the campus, proceeding to the next location:

Therseis gestures towards the next location on the map, saying "The next location that the other researchers and I thought would be a good place for you to explore is located just over there, on the far side of the campus grounds." They guide you there, but stops a good distance away. Ahead of you, you see what appears to be a large arena or stadium with an open roof. Above one of the entrances that you can see, there is a faded mural that depicts what appears to be a dozen Copaxis flying among black spheres; some of them carry short rods, while others pass fist-sized cubes to one another. Raising a hand to their head, they looks slightly apologetically at you all. "Apologies, but I can't go any further. We have been unable to approach this structure due to intense headaches that begin whenever we approach within a certain radius. I will remain here if you need to contact me."

Assuming that you go in:

Walking inside, you head up a short set of steps before emerging inside the stadium. In general appearance, it looks like almost any similar structure you would find in the Pact Worlds or the Veskarium. Tiered seating areas once provided space for hundreds of people to observe the spectacles that must have taken place in the large central playing field. As you would likely expect from such an old and abandoned city, there is large amounts of detritus littering the outer stands. However, all the litter closer to the center has been pulled into the field itself by a series of ten floating black spheres, each of which is five feet in diameter. The spheres float through the arena in erratic patterns, crisscrossing the field in a series of ellipses. As they float and spin, debris orbits the spheres, lazily flowing from one to the next. Several intact objects are floating amid the debris, including a few books, weapons, and other items.

If you wish to retrieve the objects that are in the field, you will need to enter the arena and navigate through safely. From what you can see, the spheres themselves appear to be influencing everything in the arena with gravitational forces. To navigate to the objects, you will need to make a number of either Acrobatics or Athletics checks. Anyone can take part, but bad rolls will affect the final results.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer enters the field....

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett looks at the debris field, then down at his heavy armor, and says, "I think it might be a better idea for me to stay out of the field, if that's alright with all of you."
He does look it over, and casts a spell.

Casting detect magic.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"Well you only live once." Xino says as he dives into a roll.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Captain Jett, you detect that each of the black orbs moving though the arena are magical in nature.

Xino and Zoomer, neither of you are quite able to safely move around the arena between orbs, getting thwacked by various pieces of trash. No damage, but that is two failures.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik steps forward..... perhaps I can be of assistance in this...

Is taking 10 still a thing in SF? Too many different games happening I cant remember. If it is, then Twik will do that, if not....

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Kodrog will try, he believes he can athletics: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (3) = 9

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Well that looks like complete dice failure not one roll in double figures :(


That it does. Do any of you (other than Twik) have any rerolls that you would like to use?


Since apparently the answer is no...

In the process of trying to learn how best to navigate the strange arena floor, your movements appear to bring two of the black spheres closer together. With sudden speed, the two collide, sending out a wave of destruction throughout the arena. While you are all able to escape unscathed, all of the items in the field are utterly destroyed.

After a few minutes, Therseis contacts you over your comm units. [Have you made any discoveries in the arena?]

You can either make a diplomacy check to tell him about what you found in the best light, or a deception check to lie about how well you did in the arena?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Twik you tell him, and no exaggeration this time.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik radioes back...

"Unknown at this point. We could see some potentially interesting things here from a distance but when we got closer they all just moved of their own accord and speed towards each other. Once they touched, they all just exploded! Very strange!"

Diplomacy (T10): 10 + 12 = 22


A few moments later, Therseis sends back a reply. [Were any of those objects large black spheres?] Assuming you say yes [Hmm, that sounds like it was a refined form of Copi. I wonder if the ancients used the same processing methods as we do now? Hmm... Oh, excuse me for getting distracted. In case you are unaware, Copi is the coral-like organism that is found across Tabrid Minor. I'm sure that you have encountered it or noticed it in places. It is a highly useful material, which is capable of altering the strength of gravity around it. We, and by that I mean the Copaxi as a species, have known how to make use of and manipulate the material for as far back as records exist. In fact, our starship's hulls are made out of it.]

Since there isn't much else to do here, moving on to the next location. If you wish to continue the above conversation with Therseis, do so in spoilers.

Meeting back up with Therseis, they guide you to the next marker on the map. As you get viewing distance, Therseis once again excuses themself from your presence. You notice that at this point they are talking significantly less than before, and seem almost lost in thought. However, just before you leave, they call you back to them. "I recall why we were unable to explore these buildings now. We don't know the exact source or reason, but whenever we approached to closely, we were fired upon by some unseen assailants. I suggest that you approach with caution." They then bid you farewell.

Approaching the marked location, you see a small cluster of ruined buildings stands within a few hundred feet of the city’s edge. The only building with walls high enough to provide protection from the icy wind stands adjacent to a precarious stone tower some forty feet tall. The building has no roof, and much of its walls have collapsed, revealing signs of a makeshift camp within. Standing within the camp, you can just see what appears to be a pair of Copaxi, both with weapons in hands and hiding behind what remains of the walls. At this point, make a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

We come as friends diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"Howdi folks! We come in peace! We would just like to get to know you better and maybe have a look around if that's alright?"

Diplomacy (T10): 10 + 12 = 22

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Xino begins walking towards them, arms angled slightly out the the side, with his palms facing outwards, and spins in a slow circle.

Once he is done he says. "As my friend says we come in peace."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

I posted this last night, but it didn't stick. Had a better roll then too, oh well. :)


The two copaxi glance at each other, before one of them calls out to you. "If that true, what you want here? This our spot. If you want, you must pay. 200 Pact Credits for site. 100 more for artifacts."

You can make another Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check to try and convince them to lower their price.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer waits at a distance he finds some cover and prepares to fire if the negotiations go south!

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"You like the Pact Credits huh? Well that's why we are here. We're trying to get the Copaxi admitted to the Pact. If that happens the Credits will start rolling in, But..." Xino tries to sound empathetic. "Without inspecting this site, we will have to head home. There will be nothing we can do."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

What he said, we want to make it safe and possibly try to fix whatever is broken. diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

"We're just exploring your fine planet and wanted to learn about all of it, and, well, we might not be able to afford to do that with those prices!" He chuckles.

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


The two copaxi look to each other, quitetyl conversing with each other before turning back to you. "If you speak truth, you may explore this site. Our artifacts would still be 50 Pact Credits."

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer puts up the rifle and wanders over to the Copaxi, he does the welcome dance and flicks the coin found in the market to one of them.

"Can you tell us anything about these...?"

He waits a moment then follows up with.

"lets see what you got eh?


One of the Copaxi looks the coin over for a moment, before shrugging their shoulders a little. "We know little about coins. Have a few in the stash. If you want the stash, credits first."

In case it isn't obvious, they aren't willing to even let you see what they have gathered without you paying them the 50 credits.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer looks to the Copaxi and strokes his whiskers.

"tell you what I'll give you 20 credits to see the stuff and an extra 30 if there's anything we thinks worth while?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


GM Screen:
CZ: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
CX: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
CT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

CZ: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
CX: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
CT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

In the interest of finishing this game in time to record it as part of the Gameday, I will rule that you don't need to make a Diplomacy check for that request.

Nodding at Zoomer's request, the two Copaxi gesture for you to hand over the 20 credits that was promised to them. After they are paid the first amount, they let you move into their camp. Placed around the bottom of the hollowed out tower is a collection of artifacts, a large portion of which don't appear to be of particular use to you. However, there are two objects of note: a sealed container with a clear cover, with what appears to be an ancient journal of some kind inside, and a rifle of some kind leaning against the back wall. Sensing that these could be useful to your purposes, someone pays the two scavengers the remaining 30 credits, and they allow you to take the journal. Additionally, while you are looking through the rest of the artifacts, the two scavengers talk with you a bit, and you are able to get that these two Copaxi had come up here to the city in order to find something that could earn them credits in one way or another. They say that they are fed up with the widening gap between rich and poor on Tabrid Minor. They believe their people’s rapid industrialization has done more harm than good and are eager to earn enough credits to buy passage to other
worlds.

The rifle is a shout rifle.
The group as a total will be paying a total of 50 credits for this.

.

Moving away from the tower, you begin making use of the translation software that you were provided to make sense of the journal's contents. After several minutes of confusing work, Jack, Xino, and Zoomer are able to translate a section of it, taking photographs as they go.

Journal's Contents:
You are all able to learn that the Copaxi who lived in these cities had all been stationed here were servants of Tabantria’s magical aristocracy; they observed the planet to learn how best to manipulate and exploit its natural and magical resources, especially copi. Most of the notes concern the process of cultivating copi to make objects—and even cities—float high above the planet’s surface. In the journal’s final pages, the PCs learn that several of the scholars stationed here, and many others across Tabrid Minor, received the revelation of Drift travel. Instead of being celebrated, they were shunned and eventually executed after a failed coup attempt. The unidentified author of the journal supported this decision and outed several colleagues to the government; they justified this action by predicting that the spread of Drift technology would cause rapid, irreversible, and damaging industrialization, violently disrupting the status quo. The final page of the journal states the author’s fears that further conflict seems inevitable, as the Signal could not possibly be passed off as insanity — a “Message of Madness” — forever.

Another few minutes pass by while you read through the message, before you all receive another message from Therseis. [I hear a distinct lack of weapon discharges. I take it that you were able to peacefully contact whoever the individuals in that tower were? Did you find anything interesting?]

I will be progressing the story within the next 24 hours.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

"Oh, definitely!" Jett says into the comms. "We found a book detailing a lot of your history. I find it fascinating!"


You get a reply back "Really? May I examine what you found? I could meet up with you relatively quickly."

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

50 credits removed from Zoomer

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:3, EAC:16, KAC:19(23 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:9/9, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Enjoy the rifle Zoomer

151 to 200 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Burd's SFS #1-22 The Protectorate Petition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.