[Gameday VIII] GM Burd's SFS #1-22 The Protectorate Petition

Game Master Art Burd

Slides


101 to 150 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Wow should me move them?

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer moves to the top of the stairs then dropping into a crouch he scans the area ahead with his dark vision.

Rifle at the ready...

Perception (Dark Vision): 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Clear! I think!"


GM Screen:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Map updated. You are still unable to see the corners of the room.

Going up the stairs, Zoomer is able to see a large room. From what you can tell, it was carved from the stone with high levels of precision. The only other exit that is visible is an opening heading east.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Mega moves ahead and peaks around the corner.


GM Screen:

Mega Kodrog (Darkvision): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Zoomer Darkvision: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Captain Jett: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Xino: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Twik: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Mega Kodrog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Zoomer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Captain Jett: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Xino: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 +
Twik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Creature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 -

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Mega, you walk into the room and go up towards the exit heading towards the east. Just as you get there, you suddenly feet a sudden pressure start to squeeze you in on yourself, pressing your arms to your chest and pulling against your hair and clothing. You take 9 Bludgeoning damage, and will need to make me a Fort Save at the at the beginning of your turn, DC 11. On a failure, you are paralyzed for one round, but you don't fall prone.

Round 1:
Block 1: Twik, Xino
Block 2: ?
Block 2: Zoomer, Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Hearing the grunts from upstairs Xino Flicks on his flashlight and Hustles upstairs shining his lights around the room.

Double Movement


Xino, your flashlight is just in range to let you make out the front end of what appears to be the creature that attacked Mega. Looking at it, it appears to me a strange combination of a crab and a snapping turtle, with what seems to be a coral-like appearance along sections of its carapace. As you look at it, you see dust beginning to swirl around the creature's feet.

Another thing, don't worry too much about that Fort save Mega Kodrog. Even if you failed, the paralysis would only last until the creature's next turn, which is before yours.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik unleashes a burst of speed, bursting into the room before feinting towards the creature but instead moving away...

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


GM Screen:

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Twik seems to confuse the creature with his trick, letting his shot chip away at some of the coral growing between two of its body plates. The wound doesn't seem to do much against whatever this thing is. It did do full damage, that is just flavor. It scuttles forwards, right up to Xino, and swings at him with one of its large claws. However, with his flashlight in its face, it misjudges where he is and swipes over his head.

Round 1:
Block 1: Twik, Xino
Block 2: ?
Block 2: Zoomer, Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog

Round 1:
Block 1: Twik, Xino
Block 2: ?
Block 2: Zoomer, Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer opens up with his rifle,

Snipers aim V EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Laser shot: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Snipers aim
When you make a ranged attack against a target with cover, reduce the AC bonus from cover by 2. You can’t use sniper’s aim against an enemy with total cover.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett hears the ruckus coming from upstairs. Unfortunately, he doesn't have enough time to get there and still do anything at the moment.

Double move to get in position.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik quickly repeats his performance from earlier - zig zaggin his way across the room.

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

fort: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (9) = 12 if it is a poison it is 2 higher.

That is a pass anyhow, so move into melee and swing assault hammer hit: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (14) = 18 vs KAc dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Just waiting on Xino now.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Aiming at the creature Xino fires.

1d20+3
1d4

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Re-posting Dice. Don't know why its not taking the tags.

Azimuth Laser Pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


GM Screen:

Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 = 10

Zoomer manages to get a shot in on the creature, while Twik runs over to the far wall and manages to distract the creature again. This allows Mega to move up without it clawing at him, landing a solid blow against the creatures shell. Xino is able to fire a shot at point blank range into the creature, but it hits into its large, rock-like main body, appearing to do minimal damage.

In return, the creature brings its two pincers down, one on Mega and the other on Xino. Mega is able to parry away the attack against him with his hammer. However, Xino is snapped up in the other claw and lifted up into the air. One of your arms is pinned to your side, and you feel blood pouring down your side.

Xino, take 11 points of slashing damage. You are also grappled, giving you the grappled condition. Here is a link to the conditions page of the SRD.

Round 2:
Block 1: Twik, Xino (-7 SP, -3 HP)
Block 2: ? (-24 hp)
Block 2: Zoomer, Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog (-9 SP)

Round 3:
Block 1: Twik, Xino (-7 SP, -3 HP)
Block 2: ? (-24 hp)
Block 2: Zoomer, Captain Jett, Mega Kodrog (-9 SP)

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Captain Jett gasps at Xino being grabbed. "Hey! Could you please let go of him?" he shouts at the creature, and steps forward, swinging his ax-handle like weapon at the creature. As he swings, a red outline of an ax blade appears.

Plasm-ax (EAC, E&F): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Taking advantage of the Crab thing being distracted by Twik, Zoomer moves into the room and fires on the creature again...

Laser shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Zap!: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

He will swing again hit: 4 + 1d20 ⇒ 4 + (15) = 19 dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik continues to weave and distract the beast as he and his companions quite literally chip away at it.

Trick Attack (Bluff) vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
If the Trick Attack succeeds, the target is flatfooted until beginning of my next turn and the bonus damage is applied
Trick Attack - Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
TA Damage (Piercing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
TA Bonus Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"Argh!" Xino exclaims as he is grabbed up in a pincer. He than attempts to break free.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If successful he will move back against the left wall.


With a flurry of attacks, you are able to bring down the creature that attacked you. As the corpse of the crab-turtle thing settles, the small rocks and dust that had begun swirling around it fall to the ground.

Combat over.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer searches the area and inspects the body of the creature.

Don't expect him to find anything.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik also does a search of the area and the creatures body.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett also assists in investigating the creature's corpse.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


You don't find anything on the creatures body or in this room. However, as you examine the creature, you feel the coral covering several parts of its body, they feel extremely similar to the covering of Therseis that you felt earlier.

There isn't anything else to find in this room. Do you all wish to continue on to the next chamber?

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer will take a sample of the Corel from the body.

before moving on.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"Does anyone mind if I sit here a bit." Xino says trying to recover from the attack.

If no one objects Xino will take a 10 min rest. pulling out his datapad and chronicling the battle.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

This guy also wants to take a 10 minute rest.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer is happy to just wait for the others.


Everyone who wishes to, go ahead and take a 10-minute rest. Once you are done:

After you all stop to catch your breath, one of you pokes your head around the corner to investigate the next room. The first thing that is clearly visible is that, contrasting with the messy chaos that you have found elsewhere in the mines, this room is extremely orderly. Geometric patterns cover the floor, and a half-dozen humanoid robots kneel facing an alcove in the south wall. Perfectly straight scorch marks cover the entire alcove in dizzying patterns of flawless geometric shapes — especially triangles. A single robot sits in the alcove, facing the others, its hands folded serenely in its lap and holding its own detached head. None of the robots show any signs of being active, and their featureless faces are very similar to those of the Copaxi.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer moves forwards and examines the robots

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Darn key board sometimes don't do 00000's

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Twik will follow and check out the robots as well. He keeps a sharp eye on them in case they start to move.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 check for traps.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Being a bit more cautious about just blundering into a room this time, Xino also looks around for traps or any other sign of harm that might be in the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


There are no traps in evidence, nor do the robots seem to have any ability to move any more. From what you can tell, they appear to have been originally constructed to be mining robots. However, both Twik and Zoomer's attention is drawn to the scorch marks in the alcove. From what you can tell, it almost appears to be some kind of writing, but in more of a mathematical sense than a language sense.

Culture (DC 25), Comprehend Languages, or Computers/Engineering/Physical Science (DC 16):
Exactly one third of the writing gives praise to “The Three That Are One,” and gives thanks for the great “Mind Gift” bestowed on “We Who Toiled Without Thought.”

Culture or Mysticism (DC 16), or worshipper of Triune

Spoiler:
You recognize this to be referencing Triune.

Another third of the writing describes the robot’s evil masters, “Those Who Have No Mercy and Fear the Mind Gift.” The final third of the writing is a plea to “The Three That Are One” for one final miracle—a chance to escape this life of toil.

.

In addition, as you are determining what this says you discover a hidden sequence of numbers. Additionally, one of you accidentally knocks loose the robotic head. As it roles away, you see that there is a miniature keypad at the base of its 'skull', with three buttons.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer uses engineering to attempt to read the language

engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Computers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"I can't make any sense of any of this, anyone else?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

M Dwarf Death-Touched Guard Soldier 1: Spd:20, Init:2, EAC:15, KAC:18(22 against bull rush and trip, +4 against giants), SP:10/10, HP:13/13, RP:4/4, Fort:4, Ref:2, Will:3(+2 against poisons and spells), Per:5, Darkvision

Sorry can't help you out here.


You can aid each other on this. To help expediate a little:
Twik Engineering Bot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
That will give you a success.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer try's to remember more about the three that are one...

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Close :(

He picks up the head and examines it.

engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Human Space Pirate Mystic (Star Shaman) 1 | SP 0/6 HP 7/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | Flare Axe, Red Star +2/1d4+2 | Battery charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Jett slowly walks in, looking around at all of the different robots. "I don't know much about these robots, but this place gives me the creeps." He grips his ax tighter.

Wayfinders

Male CG Halfling Corporate Agent Operative (Spy) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | Fort +2; Ref +10(Ev); Will +5, +2 vs Fear | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

”It’s a reference to Triune.... perhaps these robots used to be sentient. Or some sentience was locked into the robots somehow?”

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Looking at the code of numbers that you detected within the 'writing' on the wall, it appears that you could input it into the keypad at the base of the robot's head.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer inputs the code before thinking {Hmm this might be a bomb...oh well too late now}


A few seconds after Zoomer inputs the code, the head seems to activate and begins to slowy speak in a series of various beeps, static, and chimes. As it does so, all of your comm units simulateously activate to receive an incoming message, though the message is heavily garbled. Spending a short amount of time (~5 minutes), you all are able to reconfigure your comm units to where you are able to properly receive the message.

The robot calls itself “Less Than Three,” for the greatest being it is aware of is Triune. The robot’s knowledge is extremely limited, but it may have some revelations for the PCs. The robot conveys a sense of despair using beeps and static bursts. It describes its earliest memory: being tied down in a dark, cramped, jostling space with several of its robot brethren; light as a door opened; the pain of an electric shock steering it toward work. There was always work: carving, digging, and hauling. Work, and the blank faces of its masters, were all it knew. The robot remembers trying to speak with the masters, but they wouldn’t listen. Talking led to more shocks. Its first happy memory was talking to another robot. Soon, all the robots could talk, but did so in secret. They came to realize their Mind Gift—the gift of sentience—came from “The Three That Are One,” and they created a secret place to revere their new patron. The robots asked Triune to send someone to free them, so they could see the universe and share their Mind Gift with others.

However, the masters discovered their shrine and sealed them away. The robots believed this was a rare act of mercy—over the following weeks, the robots could sense the minds of thousands of their less fortunate kin, who toiled across the planet, suddenly going silent. The robot believes it is the last of its kin, but it hopes to someday see the stars and meet others who have heard the voice of “The Three Who Are One.”

Also, as you were searching the room, you were able to find what appears to be a of Jump Jet armor upgrade.

Wayfinders

Male CG human spacefarer envoy 1 | SP 0/7 HP 7/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | expertise diplomacy, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Quickly saving the message foe future reference. "This is fascinating. Can you estimate how long you've been down here, and can you discribe these 'Masters'?" Xino askes trying to get a feel for the old culture.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG Ysoki,Ace Pilot, Soldier 2 | SP 16/16 HP 16| RP 4 | SM 0 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc +0, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Zoomer Continues to work on less than Three reattaching his head to his body.

Engineering{take 10}: 10 + 9 = 19

"The blank faces of the masters is a bit damming for the Copaxi. I would like to see Therseis reaction to him and the message. I feel he knows more than he's saying!"


"It has been a long time. My processors were deactivated for many cycles." Less than Three whirs softly. With their head reattached, they gingerly move their arms, looking down at their hands.

101 to 150 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Burd's SFS #1-22 The Protectorate Petition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.