[PFS Gameday VIII] GM Roxxie's 10-01 Oathbreaker's Die (Inactive)

Game Master Roxxie613

Maps & Images


1 to 50 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Dot-delete creation


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

You all find yourself on a boat headed North from Absolom towards the River Kingdoms. Your destination is the Dryblade House, the Pathfinder lodge in Daggermark, city of assassins. All you know is you are to meet Venture-Captain Istivil Bosk when you arrive, but you are several days out.

Go ahead and introduce your characters and get acquainted. Roleplay as much as you want. This scenario starts off with a bang, and I plan to hit the ground running on Monday.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Rogue 3 | AC 15/14/11 | HP 19/19 | Fort+2, Ref+8, Will+2 | CMB+2, CMD 16 | Init+4 | Perc+6, low-light | Sense Motive+6 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Acid Splash: 1/1

A person who you thought was absent steps out of the shadows, realizes his appearance, and quickly grows white and red fur, a pair of large ears, and a muzzle. He is a Kitsune.

"Hello, fellow pathfinders. My name is Kyunjiro. What brings you here today?"

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

The hunched-over, red-feathered tengu offers a shrug. "Same's you, I imagine. Nethys only knows what that is though," he says in halting tones. "Maybe you too? Had my doubts about being sent. Sounds like it needs more subtle than I can muster. But if I'm here, there was good reason.

"Name's Davor. Did some 'contract' work, nearly eaten by a demon not long before. Now I'm here! Strange how it works. Important?"

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

A female human form of high stature but fine and agile, the skin of the color of the oceans of a turquoise blue is part of the convoy. Her hair, darker blue, is knotted in bun at the back of her head. His face is hidden behind a tiger mask. But is it really to hide it in order to be discreet or not to frighten the viewer any more that she is obliged to wear the toupee which, in the meantime, impresses strongly by itself? Through it, however, one perceives eyes of a clear blue. Ears similar to small fins and webbed hands are the endings of this being. A shoulder strap descends along his torso, a light crossbow protrudes from behind his back, while a quiver clings to a past belt around his waist. His clothes have bluish tones like those of the ocean.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

A large half-orc with a heavy flail on her hip has been writing in her journal nearby. Seeing the others start introducing themselves, she closes the book and approaches. "Hello everyone, my name is Tazra." What the tengu said suddenly seems to hit her, and she adds, "Wait, did you just say you were nearly eaten by a demon?"

Dark Archive

Male Half-elf Cleric 2 (Herald Caller) / HP 17, CMD 13, Init +2, Perc +4, AC 14/12/12, Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +7 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 2/3 /Active cond.:

You can see an half-elf with emerald eyes approaching. He's wearing a leather armor and a religious symbol (bandage-wrapped fist) around his neck. A light crossbow emerges from behind his back and a quiver is hanging on his belt.

He remains quiet, simply giving his name.

Peace on you. My name's Dorrion.


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Water splashes up over the railings of the boat. The captain yells over the torrent, "Sorry for the rough ride. Won't be long now, I'll have ye to Daggermark, only a little behind schedule."

You figure, so long as someone knows where they're going or is good at asking the locals, you'll arrive just in time for your meeting with Venture Captain Bosk.

Just under a week! Hope y'all are ready!

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

"Thank you for that, noble ship person," Davor croaks back to the captain. "I trust we are in good hands."

He turns to Tazra, likewise slow to react. "Not a big one. But still it nearly claimed me and took several others. Only later I learned it was a mere hala demon, by no means weak but with many stronger demons towering above it. That knowledge might disturb some, but I stand resolute."

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

The undine remains quiet, hearing what the others say. No matter to discuss now. She wasn't made to discuss a lot anyway. Most of all not after the tragedy. Now they have to pay. And Dhavak will make them cry. That's the reason why she engaged in the Pathfinder Society. A vengeful one. But a good one, from her point of view.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Rogue 3 | AC 15/14/11 | HP 19/19 | Fort+2, Ref+8, Will+2 | CMB+2, CMD 16 | Init+4 | Perc+6, low-light | Sense Motive+6 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Acid Splash: 1/1

" Interesting story. You know, once I had to fight off an evil pumpkin."

Only about now do I realize the mistake of not taking unchained rogue. Lol.

The Concordance

Female NG Human (Shaonti) Ranger 2 | HP: 22/22| AC: 17( 11Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:none

"A pumpkin?" Finally stirring from her slumber is a rather well-built Shaonti tribeswoman. Her left arm and shoulder are covered with tattoos of stormclouds, while her lower legs have stylized mountains etched upon them. She yawns and leans against the very large hammer that she brought with her, "I would very much like to hear this story. How was the pumpkin evil?"


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Some time later, you find yourselves making port in Daggermark, where steady sleet is coming down. You make your way off the boat and quickly to the eerily silent Dryblade House, as not to be late. Venture-Captain Istivil Bosk emerges from his office accompanied by dwarf in a military uniform, who pulls a flask from his coat pocket and fills two small glasses with vodka.
“I’ve already made excuses to my superiors, and I’ll check in myself every few hours to make sure the safe house is still secure,” the dwarf rumbles, handing one glass to the venture-captain. “You focus on hammering out your agent’s escape route.”
“Already working on it,” Bosk replies. The two raise their glasses in a toast.
“Then may we take this story to our graves, and drag our heels
the whole way there,”
the dwarf proclaims as they each down
their vodka. The dwarf sets his glass on the table, dons a thick
wool cloak, and trudges out into the sleet.
“That was Brandur Clovesh, a sergeant in Daggermark’s infantry,” Bosk explains, closing the door after his departed guest. “Please excuse his brevity. He’s taking a big risk to help me out of a dire situation, the same situation that led me to request your aid. One of our local agents, a gnome named Timinic, has been exploring and surveying the sewer complexes beneath Daggermark. I made sure to clear his activities with every official possible so we wouldn’t draw unwanted attention from the Assassin’s Guild or the Poisoner’s Guild, which run the city behind the scenes. To my knowledge we’ve stayed in the Guilds’ good graces, but somehow Timinic’s mission ran afoul of...” A fit of coughing interrupts Bosk mid-sentence, and he begins gasping and clutching his chest. His vodka glass shatters as it tumbles from his hand. Moments later, the venture-captain collapses.

ROUND 1
Amidst his fit of coughing, he implores of you, "My desk... there's a potion... fetch it..."

And with that, we begin! This will go in rounds and actions, so tell me what you want to do, and I will tell you how long it takes. I will volunteer anyone wanted to fetch the potion needs to give me a perception check, and if you pass the DC you can give it to Bosk on round 3.

Timestamp: 10:39 a.m.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

Tazra's eyes widen as the venture captain falls to the floor. She quickly dashes over to his desk to try and find the potion he's asking for.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 +2 more if it's a hidden object

As she rifles through the desk, she shouts, "The dwarf! Don't let him get away!"


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Tazra darts over to Bosk's desk and begins to fumble through its contents.

Should the party decide to split:
Brandur has disappeared into the city of daggermark, and tracking him through the sleet would require you to travel at half speed, definitely possible, definitely splitting the party.

Timestamp: 10:39 a.m.

Dark Archive

Male Half-elf Cleric 2 (Herald Caller) / HP 17, CMD 13, Init +2, Perc +4, AC 14/12/12, Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +7 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 2/3 /Active cond.:

The cleric tries to help the venture-captain with his skills.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

The spiritualist doesn't understand the shout from Tzara. If the dwarf is guilty, he will die. But that's not urgent. What is urgent is to save the venture-captain who's dying as they can see.

The undine kneels and tries to give him the first aid.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The Concordance

Female NG Human (Shaonti) Ranger 2 | HP: 22/22| AC: 17( 11Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:none

Like the half-orc, Souja dives forward to the desk, looking for the potion in question.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Dorrion and Ifzari, would one of you like to convert your roll into an aid-another to the other, or stick with your separate heal skill rolls?

Souja follows Tazra's lead and also begins to rifle through the desk at a slightly faster pace.

Timestamp: 10:39 a.m.

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

Perhaps better that Dorrion switch to aid another. So I made a 15.


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

I'm fine with that so long as Dorrion is

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

Davor itches to split off and follow the dwarf, but has heard truisms that warn against it. He joins the search.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Rogue 3 | AC 15/14/11 | HP 19/19 | Fort+2, Ref+8, Will+2 | CMB+2, CMD 16 | Init+4 | Perc+6, low-light | Sense Motive+6 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Acid Splash: 1/1

Kyunjiro, seeing that Davor seems to be thouroughly emptying the desk, know's he'll find it soon.

heal, (aid another???): 1d20 ⇒ 19

Maybe this should be the original roll :P


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Davor rushes over to help search the desk, and Kyunjiro helps administer first aid to Istivil. Since I offered the same aid to the heal check, I'll do the same for the perception check. ;)

ROUND 2
Davor, Souja, and Tazra all are rifling through Bosk's desk, while Dorrion, Ifzari, and Kyunjiro manage to get the Venture-Captain to be as still and calm as possible to slow the spread of the poison.

"Thank you... Find Brandur Clovesh for more answers... Surely my most trusted friend... wouldn't do this... to me..."

Davor, Souja, and Tazra methodically search the desk, and at the end of round 2 manage to find the potion and will be able to administer it on round 3.

Dorrion, Ifzari, and Kyunjiro are free to act, though a further heal check will not provide further aid. You can tell you've helped slow the poison, but as quickly as it acted, you are unsure how much you've helped.

TIMESTAMP: 10:39a.m.

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

The spiritualist tries to observe the patient to learn something about the poison.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Half-elf Cleric 2 (Herald Caller) / HP 17, CMD 13, Init +2, Perc +4, AC 14/12/12, Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +7 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 2/3 /Active cond.:

The cleric tries to find something interesting in the room a part from the anti-poison.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

I'll keep those searches in mind after the immediate danger has past, particularly learning about the poison.

ROUND 3

"Please, find Timinic.. quick as you can... before it's too late.. My safe.." Bosk bursts into another fit of coughing. He looks to be on the verge of death. Davor, Souja, and Tazra finally manage to find the potion in a hidden compartment of the desk, clearly labeled as a potion of delay poison, and can rush over and administer it during this coughing fit, or try to wait another round for him to finish his sentence about his safe.

I'll take this as a vote. First option to two votes wins. Administer the potion now or wait?

TIMESTAMP: 10:40a.m.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

Grabbing the potion, Tazra rushes back over to Istivil. "We found it, quick, drink this!"

Tazra votes to administer the potion now, although OOC I suspect that's the wrong decision.

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

Davor nods in agreement. "Yes, you look to need it." Should Bosk manage to survive and stay conscious, he follows up. "What about the safe, now?"


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Tazra administers the potion to Bosk. He takes a large draught...

White, spongy, foamy mass bubbles out of his mouth. Bosk immediately falls unconscious and begins suffocating. He collapses to the floor, and the waxy smell of burning vinegar fills the air. Within moments, despite the best efforts of our six heroes, Bosk perishes, leaving the group aghast.

Craft(alchemy) or Knowledge(local) 15+:
You know that this waxy, burning vinegar smell is commonly associated with wares from Pemak's Tinctures here in Daggermark, and you know that apothecary was recently burglarized.

Left in the room with the dead venture captain, the agents all understand time is of the essence to figure out what is going on. There are three areas of interest inside this office, Bosk's body, the safe Bosk referred to, and his desk, and some agents with good memory may recall some information about Daggermark. Investigating any of these take 10 minutes of time to obtain the information, and a failed check can be retried, taking 10 more minutes of time. Recalling information is a free check and takes no time.

Bosk's Body:
Apologies Ifzari, I was mistaken thinking Know(nature) worked for this check, but I will take that 13 and convert it to a heal check for a total of 17. Does that sound fair?

Craft (alchemy) or Heal 15+:
You investigate Bosk's body and discover that he had been perishing of heart failure caused by a fast-acting poison, before something else reacted with the magic in the potion and caused him to suffocate on this foam.

Craft (alchemy) or Heal 25+, or successful detect poison casting:
This poison is dark reaver powder laced with aconite root and other substances to enhance its potency, an intricate and customized recipe that is not available on the market. Aconite root in particular is known for its association with Daggermark's Poisoner's Guild.

Personnel Files (Safe):
There is a safe in one corner of Bosk's office. You can see that some of the locking mechanisms have been left unsecured, you expect this is because he planned to reference documents in this safe during your mission briefing.

Disable Device 15+:
The contents of the safe reveal that Brandur Clovesh brought the imperiled Pathfinder Timinic to a safe house on the city's border, though it does not specify where. Timinic's file also notes that while in hiding, Timinic will recognize those who call themselves "Guardians of the Open Roads" as fellow Pathfinders. Another earmarked dossier tracks the movements of a wanted killer named Cladara, and notes that Cladara's murders have prompted city-wide investigations, an unusual response to deaths caused by any Assassin's Guild member in good standing. A third file suggests an apothecary named Pemak may have connections to the Daggermakr Poisoner's Guild.

The safe also contains a bird feather token and a scroll of share language


If unable to pick the lock, the safe can also be broken.

Bosk's Desk:
Maps and surveys from Timinic's exploration of the Daggermark sewer complexes cover Bosk's desk.

Knowledge(geography) or Perception 15+:
After studdying everything on Bosk's desk, you determine that most of the Pathfinder's excursions begin at the Dripping Wall Distillery. Timinic's field notes also mention several encounters with suspicious folk lurking in the sewers near the distillery, and include requests to provide extra security for the distillery's proprietor, Ramyla.

Recall information:

Knowledge(local) 10+:
Although Daggermark seems anarchic, the infamous Assassin’s Guild and Poisoner’s Guild wield considerable influence over the city from the shadows. The Guilds’ reputations prevent too much disorder, as locals who threaten the status quo tend to wind up dead.

15+:
Any Daggermark citizen can hire an Assassin’s Guild apprentice once per year for a nominal fee, but members of the city’s military cannot be targeted by these trainee contracts. This rule has led to a high rate of military enlistment.

20+:
The Poisoner’s Guild is closely allied with the Assassin’s Guild, though the poisoners’ interests are more academic in nature. Poisoner’s Guild members often serve as contractors, brokering assassinations as a means of testing their newest concoctions.
Openly discussing assassinations makes locals jumpy, so Guild contractors use coded language to discuss targets. Guild contacts typically refer to assassins as “specialists” related to whatever job they use as a public front.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There's quite a bit here. You can investigate these in any order you wish, and even split and investigate them all at once. Each investigation attempt represents 10 minutes of time, so for now, everyone pick what they are going to investigate. If everyone comes up with a clear course of action after the first check, we will proceed, if not, we will do another round of skill checks. Ask any questions you need, and I'll answer them. Ultimately, after at least one round of investigation, let me know how the group will proceed, and I'll go with any idea that is proposed and seconded.

TIMESTAMP: 10:40a.m.

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Ifzari tries to understand something about the kind of poison Bosk drunk.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Then she told coldly to Tzara and Davor: Felicitations! You killed him ! Instead of letting us do as much as possible to learn the most of what he had to tell.

You can look at the spoiler revealed.

Dark Archive

Male Half-elf Cleric 2 (Herald Caller) / HP 17, CMD 13, Init +2, Perc +4, AC 14/12/12, Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +7 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 2/3 /Active cond.:

The cleric stands up quickly when the man died and tries to find something interesting in the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

Tazra flinches at Ifzari's accusations. "I didn't...he said to..." she trails off as the now-empty vial of delay poison slips through her fingers and crashes to the floor.

Was that potion also poisoned? Did I kill him?

She closes her eyes and forces herself to take a few deep breaths. As she does so, she frowns at the waxy smell in the air.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Her voice is much quieter than usual. "I think...I think whatever poison was used came from Pemak's Tinctures. Their wares have a very distinctive scent. They were recently robbed, if I recall correctly. I'll...Bosk was talking about the safe. There must be something important in there. I'll try to open it."

Very deliberately not looking at anyone, she pulls her thieves tools out of her bag and sets to work.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The safe opens quickly enough, and she starts leafing through the paperwork inside. "It looks like Timinic, the agent Bosk mentioned, is in a safe house somewhere near the border of the city. If we can find him, the code phrase to identify ourselves as fellow Pathfinders is "Guardians of the Open Roads." Bosk was also tracking a murderer named Cladara, who's apparently under investigation. That's unusual for a member of the Assassin's Guild. And Pemak, the apothecary I mentioned earlier, may be connected to the Poisoner's Guild." She'll hand the paperwork over to anyone else who wants to take a look.

"There's a couple useful items in here too. A scroll of share language and a bird feather token...do you think we should try to send a message to Timinic with this?"

K. Local, Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (1) = 15

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

Davor doesn't look very troubled by the sudden death. "That is not the right word. Perhaps it was not the potion Bosk wanted." He returns to the desk to organize the jumble that he threw out in his haste and look for more.

"The assassin on trial sounds not related to Timinic. Perhaps they had this done to our Venture-Captain."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

Tazra:
You are also able to determine the potion was indeed a potion of delay poison, which should have stopped any toxins for a time.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Rogue 3 | AC 15/14/11 | HP 19/19 | Fort+2, Ref+8, Will+2 | CMB+2, CMD 16 | Init+4 | Perc+6, low-light | Sense Motive+6 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none | Dancing Lights: 3/3 | Acid Splash: 1/1

"W-what? T-The venture captain... I..." Sudden Realization dawns on him. "Guys... We could be (falsely) blamed for killing him. I..."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Kyunjiro is too distracted by the death of the venture captain to notice anything.

The Concordance

Female NG Human (Shaonti) Ranger 2 | HP: 22/22| AC: 17( 11Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions:none

Souja gets back to work on the desk, "There's got to be something else here to work with..."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

... and she promptly gets horribly lost in the paperwork.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

"We have some leads at least. If we hurry, we might could track down Brandur, if that really was him. Or we could head to Pemak's Tinctures. The fact that the poison came from there and Pemak is apparently connected to the Poisoner's Guild...that seems like a good place to start."

Tazra looks again at the mess of paperwork on the desk. "There's so much there...I don't know how much good continuing to sort through it will do. Venture-Captain Bosk told us we needed to hurry and find Timinic as soon as possible. While the maps may be helpful, Bosk wouldn't have left a map to the safe house on his desk. If it was going to be anywhere, it would have been in the safe. Personally I think we should pursue the leads we have. Head to Pemak's Tinctures and start asking questions. Maybe we could use this..." she holds up the bird feather token, "...to send Timinic a message warning him not to let anyone inside, not even Brandur. What do you all think?"

Proposed course of action:
Write a note warning Timinic and have the bird feather token deliver it, then head to Pemak's Tinctures.


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

The Pathfinders begin searching the office and are able to find clues on Bosk's body and in the safe, but none can make sense of the maps in the ten minutes they spend looking. Unease sets in as it appears the heroes actions accelerated the already imminent death of the venture-captain.

There are leads in Brandur Clovesh, the agent Timinic, and in Pemak's Tinctures, though the locations of each are yet to be determined.

Do you spend 10 minutes investigating the desk once more, or do you set out to attempt to follow a lead? First to two votes wins, and for the sake of time, if you vote to search go ahead and roll perception. (I will allow the highest roll be taken, and all others will be considered "aid")

TIMESTAMP: 10:50a.m.

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

"Sending word is sound. Timinic should especially keep Brandur out. But perhaps we should tail the dwarf? The tincture shop is not on the move," Davor croaks.

I think I'm for trying to follow Brandur.


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

I'll say that the sleet makes it entirely reasonable to try to track the dwarf, as well as other means of finding him, such as asking around or recalling information.

Dark Archive

Male Half-elf Cleric 2 (Herald Caller) / HP 17, CMD 13, Init +2, Perc +4, AC 14/12/12, Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +7 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 2/3 /Active cond.:

Let's try to find something in this mess. I think there is something to be find on the desk.

And then Dorrion tries his best to find the useful record.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

The spiritualist looks at the cleric and think the intuition of the man could be divine...

She helps him to find something between the papers.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

Seeing both Dorrion and Ifzari continue searching the desk, Tazra takes the time to pen a letter to Timinic.

I am writing to you from the Dryblade House. Venture-Captain Bosk has been poisoned, either by his friend Brandur or by someone assuming his form. Before he passed Bosk charged us with finding you and keeping you safe.

There are six of us, all Guardians of the Open Roads. We will be coming for you shortly. Until then, do not allow anyone into the house, even if you know them and believe them to be a friend. Stay safe. We will protect you.

She neither signs nor addresses the letter. Hopefully the passphrase will be enough to convince Timinic of the letter's sincerity. Until they can find him, it's the best she can do.

Blowing on the ink to dry it, she asks, "Does anyone else have anything they think should be added?" After making any suggested revisions, she activates the bird feather token and hands it the letter. "Please take this to Timinic."

I figure writing the letter would take long enough for it to be Tazra's 'action.'


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

With two votes to search the desk, one to follow Brandur, one to go to Pemak, searching wins.

Dorrion begins browsing the desk, and Ifzari comes over and immediately spots the important part: Most of the Pathfinder's excursions begin at the Dripping Wall Distillery, and the proprietor's name is Ramyla, who may have had plenty of contact with Timinic.

Now we must choose a lead; Brandur, Ramyla, Timinic, or Pemak. None of the locations are known, but Brandur both may have left tracks and is the most famous of the lot in town.

TIMESTAMP: 11:00a.m.

EDIT: Sorry Tazra, I missed your bit. Yes, that would take some chunk of the ten minutes, paired with any retconned additions

The bird is gone in the blink of an eye, traveling quickly an unerringly, nigh unseen, to its intended target.

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

It's Timinic that we have to save anyway. And he may be at this Dripping Wall Distillery as most of the Pathfinder's excursions begin there and the proprietor has contact with Timinic. I think we have to go there to save Timinic. The others can still wait.

The spiritualist is concerned.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Investigator 1 | HP 9/9 | AC: 14 (T: 11, FF: 13)| Saves (+1 vs enchantment): F:+1, R:+3, W:+2 | BAB: +0, CMB: +2, CMD: 13, | Init: +1 | Perc. +4 (+2 to find hidden objects, +3 to find traps) | Extracts: (1st) 0/2 | Inspiration (3/5)

Tazra hesitates, then shakes her head. "Timinic's at a safe house, not the distillery. He may have had a lot of contact with Ramyla while he was mapping the sewers, but that doesn't mean she'll know where he is. What we do know is that Brandur killed Bosk. It may be too late, but we should at least try to find him. That's the surest way of ensuring Timinic's safety. If we lose the trail, we can head to the distillery then. But if we go to the distillery first, we'll lose any chance we have of tracking Brandur."

Voting to follow Brandur.

The Exchange

NG Male Tengu Barbarian 2 | AC 18/12/16 (16/10/14) | HP 16/24 (20/28) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | DR 1/- | Rage 6/8

"To wait is indeed foolish. We will catch the dwarf."

Seconded.


The Confirmation | Oathbreakers Die

The pathfinders set out to track the dwarf known as Brandur Clovesh. His home can be located with a Knowledge (nobility), Knowledge (local), or Profession (soldier) roll. The tracks leading from the Dryblade House can be tracked with a survival check.

I got the feeling that the proposed and seconded option was to track the dwarf, but I wanted to leave the options open

TIMESTAMP: 11:00a.m.

Grand Lodge

Female Undine Spiritualist / 2 (Scourge) / HP 21, CMD 12, Init +3, Perc +4, AC 18/13/15, Fort +5 (+2 pain) Ref +3 Will +7 (+4 vs mind.) / Spells 1st 2/3 / Active: darkvision, cold resistance 5; Dhavak: Mage armor

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

It's over there.

1 to 50 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS Gameday VIII] GM Roxxie's 10-01 Oathbreaker's Die All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.