GM Doug — Escaping the Grave [Gameday VIII PFS2] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII, running fromSeptember 9, 2019 to November 17, 2019

Maps & Resources.


51 to 100 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

LN Male Human (Versatile) Barbarian (1)| HP 22/22 | AC 17 | F +7 R +4 W +6 | Perc +6 | Stealth -1 | speed 20ft| Active Conditions: None

Dave steps up to the "horsie" and swings his club at it. Dead things should stay dead.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He then uses his club to try to push the animal, well former animal away.

Greatclub, Shove: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 5 = 16


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Medium Dave knocks a Large-Dave sized chunk from the horse! that was a crit!

However, the undead animal doesn't feel the pain and stands strong, refusing to budge an inch. The shove didn't beat its athletics DC.

Round One: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Horsie -14 HP
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk -7 HP, need a fortitude save
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin'

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +0 |
Active Effects:
speed 30ft | Hero Points - 0 | focus 1/1 | spells lvl 1-0/3

"This is why I do not understand your funeral rites. If you simply burned your dead... Well. They would not get back up again." Veyana decides to prove her point by stepping around Skorpa and holding out a hand palm up. She produces a small ball of flame within it that floats there for just a moment before launching forward at the zombie horse.

1 action to step, 2 actions to cast Produce Flame

Produce Flame Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Produce Flame Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Horizon Hunters

M Dwarf Barbarian 1: Spd:20, HP:25/25, AC:14, 1 Fire Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:4, Will:6, Perc:6 Darkvision, Stealth:4

Oh good, I'm already next to it.
edit coming up
Rage (-1 ac, +4 temp HP)
Pull out warflail and attack twice
hit: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (18) = 25 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 blunt
hit: 7 - 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 - 5 + (12) = 14 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 blunt

Horizon Hunters

Male Dwarf (Warrior Background) Barbarian (Dragon Instinct; Gold)

Barbarian, with the warrior background

Attack:
Greataxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Yeah, zombie horses aren't known for their tactical acumen.

Veyanna scorches the horse with fire; the stink of burning hair mixes with its putrid aura. Mandower decimates the horse with his flail another crit before hitting it again. By the time Dargon gets to it, it's barely standing. His axe is particularly effective against the creature, slashing its hide to ribbons.

The horse lets out a dry gasp as it collapses for good, and the aura vanishes as well; Jorgan's wounds no longer fester. No need for a fort save at the beginning of your turn.

Round One: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Horsie
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk -7 HP
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin'

Horizon Hunters

N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
I'm at the back of the group. Just confirming it was in fact me the horse bit?

Of kewl! First save and it's a crit save!

Eyeing the nasty horse thing, Jorgran concentrates a moment...attempting to locate it's weaknesses.

Raising the massive crossbow, he takes aim and fires off a shot. Drawing back the string on the crossbow, he smiles. "Get'em! This aint nuttin!"

Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for Piercing: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 120ft Range; Reload 2
If precision damage works on undead: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Extra damage on hit

1 Action: Concetration - Hunt Prey
2nd Action: Strike
3rd Action: 1 of 2 reload actions


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Oof. I mixed up your and Mandower's icons on the slide, Jorgan. I had a bit more overhead setting up this fight than I anticipated yesterday morning, what with the missing marching order and missing character icons / profiles.

Mandower should have been hit and had to make a fort save, but let's just move on and say the horse missed on its attack; it's a bit late to retcon since Mandower already went.

Also, the horse was taken down before you went, so you can target another creature. #3 has the least cover, so would you like to target that one? You can also have that natural 20 count for your attack roll (meaning, a crit), since you did not need to make a fort save :)

So, does hunting #3 and Striking it sound like a good modification to your actions?

Updated statuses: Round One: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Horsie
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk Can attack new target.
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin'

Horizon Hunters

N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

The modifications are fine with me.
Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, in 2e, the damage is just total x2 on a crit, right? We no longer roll it again?


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

It's GM choice, with simply doubling the damage being the default. In PbP I prefer to simply double it because it's simpler, but at the table I prefer rolling the dice twice. Undead are not immune to precision damage.

Jorgan's arrow flies across the court, hitting the shambling, totally-not-a-zombie-creature in the eye, even after cover from his allies!

The shambling creatures move slowly closer, groaning! Two more zombies also shuffle mindlessly into view, from the building to the left and the building ahead! Luckily, these particular undead seem rather slow and they cannot reach you and attack this round.Stride twice.

Round Two: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -0HP; #2: -0HP; #3: -15HP, Hunted by Jorgran; #4: -0HP; #5: -0HP

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

Skorpa curses at both his bad aim and the appearance additional creatures. He drops his bow and draws his sword. He steps between the nearest creature and Veyanna, and strikes.
​​ Free: drop bow; 1st: draw sword; 2nd:stride; 3rd: strike with longsword
​​Longsword, Strike 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
​​Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Skorpa's aim is true this time, as he easily lops off the creature's head, destroying it! Crit, and slashing damage seems very effective.

Round Two: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -0HP; #2: -0HP; #3: -15HP, Hunted by Jorgran; #4: Dead Again; #5: -0HP

Horizon Hunters

N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Dropping a bolt into the channel on his crossbow, Jorgran takes aim at the same beast he hit last time. Slowly releasing the catch, he watches with satisfaction as if soars through the aim.

Drawing the string back a second time, he smiles. "Well done Skorpa."

"We keepin dis up and won't take long."

Action 1: Finish Loading Crossbow
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Beginning loading crossbow 1/2

Heavy Crossbow vs 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for Piercing: 1d12 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (8) + 2 + (2) = 12


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Jorgran puts an arrow through the other eye of the creature, destroying it! They should rename Goldenflame "Crit City."

Round Two: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -0HP; #2: -0HP; #3:Dead again; #4: Dead Again; #5: -0HP

Grand Archive

LN Male Human (Versatile) Barbarian (1)| HP 22/22 | AC 17 | F +7 R +4 W +6 | Perc +6 | Stealth -1 | speed 20ft| Active Conditions: None

Shamblin 2 seems to have wandered up to Dave. He narrows his eyes and swings his club.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Assuming it is a miss, using teh Backswing property of my greatclub

Dave swings and misses but bunches his muscles for a return swing.

Greatclub, Backswing: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 - 5 = 4 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Quitting while I am ahead and not taking a third action


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

While the shambling, undead humanoids make almost no effort to get out of the way, Medium Dave somehow misses twice.

Round Two: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin' 1-3 #1: -0HP; #2: -0HP; #3:Dead again; #4: Dead Again; #5: -0HP

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +0 |
Active Effects:
speed 30ft | Hero Points - 0 | focus 1/1 | spells lvl 1-0/3

Veyanna watches the display of martial prowess as the barbarous and rangery members of the party begin to tear through zombie flesh. When Skorpa moves between her and one of the undead only to knock its head clean off she raises an eyebrow at him. Then she smirks ever so slightly. "Gentleman. But a show off. Now stay still."

She turns her hand over and curls her fingers up to make a peace sign before reaches over his shoulder to use it like a brace. A moment later electricity dances along her fingertips for a breath, then arcs away to collide with two of the zombies.

2 actions to cast electric arc at #1 and #2! No third action. They both need basic reflex saves!

Electric Arc DC 17: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Reflex 1: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Reflex 2: 1d20 ⇒ 9

The first totally-not-a-zombie lurches out of the way of the main arc, but mostly on accident. The other one takes the full blast to the face.

Round 2: bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -3HP; #2: -7HP; #3:Dead again; #4: Dead Again; #5: -0HP

Horizon Hunters

M Dwarf Barbarian 1: Spd:20, HP:25/25, AC:14, 1 Fire Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:4, Will:6, Perc:6 Darkvision, Stealth:4

Mandower moves to number 1 and attacks twice still raging as he swings his warflail around.hit: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (7) = 14 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 blunt
hit: 2 + 1d20 ⇒ 2 + (7) = 9 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 blunt


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Mandower connects once, and strongly. However, the shambling creature is still up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon
Veyanna
Jorgran Ghildruk
Mandower Steel Strong 2
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -16HP; #2: -7HP; #3:Dead again; #4: Dead Again; #5: -0HP

Dark Archive

Botting Dargon Blackrock

Dargon Rages, them Strides once and Strikes the nearest shambler!

Greataxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Slashing, Rage: 1d12 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

He destroys #2.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Shambler 1 Strikes at Mandower Steel Strong 2!

Fist: 1d20 ⇒ 18 that's a crit
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 10 total

The shambler then holds on with its hand — Mandower is Grabbed, and being pulled slowly into the hungry creature's jaws! One action to automatically Grab after a successful Strike. (Grabbed means he is Immobilized and Flat-footed.)

The last shambler moves in closer. Stride twice. RAAAAUUUUGHHHH.

Round 3: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon Raging
Veyanna
Jorgran
Mandower -10 HP, Raging, Grabbed
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -16HP; #5: -0HP

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

​​Skorpa pulls out his ax. He moves to the closest creature and strikes with his sword.
​​Longsword, Strike 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
​​Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
​​ 1: Pull out hatchet; 2: Stride; 3: Strike
​​


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The slash with the longsword is quite effective against the shambler. Nevertheless, it still stands!

Round 3: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon Raging
Veyanna
Jorgran
Mandower -10 HP, Raging, Grabbed
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -16HP, Grabbing Mandower; #5: -9HP

Horizon Hunters

N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Dropping the bolt into the channel, Jorgran smiles. "Now, in'nt dis nice? Wit patience an calm we..."

Stopping as he notices his held companions wound, he spits. "Now...dat no good. You ok friend?"

Studying the uninjured one, he takes aim. Carefully sighting it in....he lets the bolt fly!

Action 1: Finish loading Crossbow
Action 2: Hunt Prey (Concetrate)
Action 3: Strike 5

Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage?: 1d12 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (8) = 14

Attacking 5 - Think I'm gonna have to move to get LOS on #1


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Jorgran downs number 5 by shooting a bolt into the side of its head.

Can your team finish off the last shambler before Mandower starts getting eaten?

Round 3: Bold is up!

Skorpa
Medium Dave Fatigued
Dargon Raging
Veyanna
Jorgran
Mandower -10 HP, Raging, Grabbed
Shamblin' 1-5 #1: -16HP

Horizon Hunters

M Dwarf Barbarian 1: Spd:20, HP:25/25, AC:14, 1 Fire Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:4, Will:6, Perc:6 Darkvision, Stealth:4

Mandower will continue to rage and swing even though he is grabbed hit: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (15) = 22 I probably take penalties though. dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
hit: 2 + 1d20 ⇒ 2 + (2) = 4 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Grabbed doesn't give you attack penalties like grapple in 1e; it's a lot simpler. And unless I'm mistaken, you can also use a 2-handed weapon (such as your war flail), while grabbed, unlike in 1E!

Mandower strikes down the last shambler!

Out of combat!

Mandower is down 10 HP. Please let me know if and how you are healing that damage.

You also observe a piece of metal, glinting inside the horse's torn-open throat. It looks like it swallowed an object along with whatever flesh it was last consuming. You can reach in to pull it out if you like.

Once we resolve the healing to the injured players' satisfaction we can move on.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

Skorpa sheathes his weapons and makes sure to grab his bow off the ground. He walks over to Mandower. ”I can try to patch you up, if you’d like.”

​​ I’m trained in Medicine, and I have healer’s tools so I can Treat Wounds if anyone needs it. Mandower had temporary HP from raging right? Is he still down 10?

Horizon Hunters

N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Reloading his crossbow, Jorgran moves towards the horse.

"I good Skorpa."

Reaching into the goo, he tugs out the item. "Any yall recognize what tis is?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You find a wayfinder in the horse.

Mandower's down 6 after raging — correct! I'll try to track temp HP in the combat bylines, but it's helpful if you, as players, note temp HP on your bylines too.

If Skorpa wants to treat wounds for 10 minutes, then the rest of you can spend that time examining the nearby zombie corpses using medicine, perception, or society. You can roll one of any of those checks yourself, as long as you're not otherwise occupied.

Horizon Hunters

Male Dwarf (Warrior Background) Barbarian (Dragon Instinct; Gold)

sorry for the delay guys I was drive cross country, back now and should be able to check regularly.

Rest sounds good.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Welcome back! If you're not hurt or Treating Wounds, you should be helping investigate these corpses for clues. That would be a better way to spend your time, at least. Remember: your mission is to get out as fast as you can.

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +0 |
Active Effects:
speed 30ft | Hero Points - 0 | focus 1/1 | spells lvl 1-0/3

"Hmmm. Not surprised they were here. We should see if they were anyone important." She watches Jorgan drag the wayfinder out of the once-horse stoically. "Wayfinder. Does it say who that belonged to? There may be a pathfinder here."

Veyanna leaves the ranger to checking the inside of the wayfinder for an engraved name while she starts searching over the remade corpses for anything that might identify who they were when they lived. She does her work without much complaint, and is free about touching the bodies to move them around as she needs. But she certainly isn't sticking her hand down any of their throats the way some other party members might.

Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Horizon Hunters

N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Hmmm...or inside da dead undead." grunts the dwarf as he begins to look through the remains.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

Skorpa pulls out a medical kit and begins tending to Mandower’s wounds.

Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You succeeded at the DC 15 check, so you heal Mandower 2d8 HP. I prefer the player doing the healing roll the check for treat wounds and other healing; I don't want to be blamed if I roll snake eyes on those d8's, after all!

Grand Archive

LN Male Human (Versatile) Barbarian (1)| HP 22/22 | AC 17 | F +7 R +4 W +6 | Perc +6 | Stealth -1 | speed 20ft| Active Conditions: None

Dave looks over the corpses. Wayfinder in horse, maybe these are pathfinders?

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

Heal: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12

Horizon Hunters

M Dwarf Barbarian 1: Spd:20, HP:25/25, AC:14, 1 Fire Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:4, Will:6, Perc:6 Darkvision, Stealth:4

Thanks Skorpa perception: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (2) = 8 Mandower looks for stuff out of the ordinary.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Veyanna can't place the corpse’s clothing.

Jorgan observes determines that one of the zombies shamblers was once a human, and that his neck and face both show significant damage from some kind of violent strangulation and tearing from teeth.

Dargon, please let me know what you're doing with this 10 minutes and then we can move on.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Heading out for the evening and want to move you along.

Towards the end of your investigation of this area, a thin (living) horse approaches you from behind a near building. It seems curious to find the living here; it looks hungry and skittish, and is wearing a saddlebag that's emblazoned with the glyph of the open road, as well as gold-and-green caparisons.

The nervous animal snorts, and starts shying away. It looks like it's about to bolt.

You can make a Society check (even untrained) to recognize potential significance in the colors of the barding).

No one here has Wild Empathy, so you cannot Make an Impression at this time. You can use Nature to try and Command an Animal to make it stay. Otherwise, it will run away.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

Skorpa eases towards the horse, empty hands outstretched. "Easy now. Just hold still."

Nature (Trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Society (Untrained): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Grand Archive

LN Male Human (Versatile) Barbarian (1)| HP 22/22 | AC 17 | F +7 R +4 W +6 | Perc +6 | Stealth -1 | speed 20ft| Active Conditions: None

Dave extends a hand toward the horse, trying to radiate calm

Nature (Trained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Society (Untrained): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +0 |
Active Effects:
speed 30ft | Hero Points - 0 | focus 1/1 | spells lvl 1-0/3

Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Since nobody else is doing so, she will flip open the wayfinder to check for a name before moving to the body they were examining. She'll put out one of their remains bags and start stuffing it carefully inside. "If their wayfinder does not say their name... we at least know they were a pathfinder and there were only two humans on our list. That narrows it. I cannot identify their clothes."

She's rather distracted by her task, so when she sees the horse with the others she offers up a click of her tongue against her teeth to try and command it closer, but she doesn't appear to put much effort into it.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

There's no name inscribed in the Wayfinder.

The horse snorts, and trots off. It continues watching your group from a distance.

Veyanna and Medium Dave: you're trained in nature. You think that if you could find some treats for the animal, you might have a better chance of making friends or commanding it.

Thus far, none of you have been able to place the gold-and-green caparisons.

Horizon Hunters

Male Dwarf (Warrior Background) Barbarian (Dragon Instinct; Gold)

Dargon wanders over to have a look at the corpses.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Dargon helps piece together the wounds on the corpse, along with Jorgan.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Now that you have eradicated the resident undead, you can investigate Goldenflame in peace! At least, for the time being…

We are going to have an investigation phase, where you try to find out what happened to the missing pathfinders on the list. We will be operating in 10-minute increments; remember: using your time efficiently is important! It's OK to split the party here, and you don't have to investigate every single thing if it's taking too long.

With one exception, each check/activity will take you 10 minutes; each area has one ore more checks or activities that might yield clues. Below, please find the relevant locations of Goldenflame along with descriptions, and the skill checks available. Decide on a location, and roll the check or note what activity you're doing when you're there. We'll have everyone post their check before moving on to the next 10-minute round. You can also freely discuss any clues amongst yourselves as we progress.

Goldenflame Locations

Zombie Bodies:

Area description
This is the place there you decimated the zombie horse and shamblers.

Skill checks
Medicine or Perception (complete): You determined that this zombie shambler was once a human, and that his neck and face both show significant damage from some kind of violent strangulation and tearing from teeth.

Society:

Goldenflame Chapel:

Area description
Dust-covered pews stand in silent rows in this small chapel, and shelves line the walls. Facsimiles of candles occupy the candelabras here—mounds of congealed wax and burned wicks. This chapel also served as the town hall.

A small corpse — charred, broken, and its features mostly burned away—rests against the pew. The corpse is covered in a layer of fine ash and scraps of charred fabric that seem to be all that remains of the clothing it once wore. Around its neck is a soot-covered chain bearing an ankh.

Skill checks
Arcana on Scorch Marks:
Medicine or Perception on Body:
Religion on Ankh:
Rummaging around (automatic success):
Perception Check in Town Hall area of chapel:

Armory:

Area description
Empty weapon cases and crates are scattered throughout this bare-bones building. Dust outlines the faint shadows of swords and shields removed from their resting places.

Skill Checks
Rummage around armory (automatic success):

Guardhouse:

Area Description
An abandoned guard house. It looks like most of the armor and weapons were taken, in defense of the town.

Skill Checks
Rummage around guard house (automatic success):

Apothecary:

Area description
Grime-caked and smashed glass cases occupy much of this apothecary, and dusty shelves line many of the walls. A door to the northwest leads to an emptied storage closet.

Skill checks
Rummage around apothecary (automatic success):

The Flaming Wheel Inn:

Area description
Outside this inn is a painted sign reading “The Flaming Wheel” and decorated with a flaming chariot wheel hangs from one chain, swaying gently in the wind.

Inside you find a broken circular table and door, once parts of a makeshift barricade. Other barricades are scattered throughout the area. Long-dried blood smears decorate the floor and walls. The bar is haphazardly covered in tankards—signs of the final celebration of life.

There's a blood-soaked body on the floor of the tavern. The corpse has been heavily damaged by zombie teeth. A broken piece of plate armor lies nearby, bearing iconography of a flame and the hilt of a sword.

Skill Checks
Medicine or Perception on body:
Religion on plate armor:
Society on plate armor:
Search for treasure (automatic success):
Religion check on sign (this check does not take any time):

Goldenflame General Store:

Area description
This general store seems to have been ransacked in a hurry.

Skill Checks
Perception check to search the store:

Grand Archive

LN Male Human (Versatile) Barbarian (1)| HP 22/22 | AC 17 | F +7 R +4 W +6 | Perc +6 | Stealth -1 | speed 20ft| Active Conditions: None

Dave knows about Inns. He heads to the inn and looks around Perception bonus +6

51 to 100 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug — Escaping the Grave [Gameday VIII PFS2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.