Hmm's SFS 1-38: The Many Minds of Historia (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Many Minds Maps + MM Handouts


1 to 50 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

The summons from Zigavix reads:

Dear Friends, you have helped me so many times before. If you would help me again, meet me at Conference Room C7 with all your gear. I registered the meeting under the Strawberry Machine Cake Fan Club. Please, come quickly.

This game will start Monday, May 27th, after PaizoCon. Feel free to dot and delete.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea reads the message from Ziggy on its comm' unit, and becomes very excited at the idea of being called to help him.
The android gathers all his gear: microphones, speakers, his flute, set of electro-drums... nearly forgetting the tablet with all the scores and lyrics!
And then Pangea hails a robo-cab and sets out to meet Ziggy, wondering: What kind of audience will there be in this room C7? How many does it seat?

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

The Mk1 Communication device rings but that wasn’t the best moment for Antoine Désilet, Photojournalist, to look.
-” Antoine “, says the incredibly beautiful and sexy blue-eyed and blond-haired woman. “I am serious. “
-” I know you are”, [b] he replies with calm[B]” But that is ridiculous.”
The love of his life goes beside the couch and draws out an erasable whiteboard that was hiding behind it. On the whiteboard there was a chart with a line that goes up.
-I have calculated it. My mystical trucker’s tricks are increasing at a rate that should be impossible especially since I do not truck anymore. If this continue, I will be a god… or goddess! The goddess of Truckers!!!”
Antoine sighs.
For what I know about your ex-coworker, they are already believing that. I think I even saw a shrine with a somewhat ok picture of you on its last time I meet them.
” Layla…” he continues. ” You are acting like a sit-com woman now. Calm down… or take off your social chip.
-” No, I must do something… What will happen to our family, the house when I will need to go to Heaven? I don’t want to lose you!”
Antoine takes his wife into his arms.
-” Layla, I understand that you fear that your powers create a rift between us. But it not.”
Your behavior now is causing this. Where is the calm but happy Android I was in love with? Thank the gods you can’t read my mind.
” To tell the truth… I am also afraid, but this is more of how you are acting now.”
Layla stops to look perturbed and observe Antoine like she is searching his soul.
” You are?? Yes, you are afraid. I see that now. Sorry, I was sure It wouldn’t affect you.”
No fear or stress were on her face now like it hasn’t been there.
” I am glad that everything is okay. Now. If you excuse me a minute. “
He reads the notice.
Hum… I have never seen Ziggy so serious. It must be related with Historia-7.
” The journal called.”, he lies. ” I need to go.”
Layla just nods et kiss him.
As Antoine starts to leave home, he hears a voice in his head.
Good bye! And say hi to Historia to me! Don’t forget to hail me if you see something strange! .

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne tinkers with a particularly insidious worm before setting it loose into the closed testing system before beginning to work on redesigning and deploying real-time countermeasures.

"Ziggy needs our help," Sophia interrupts, triggering a series of neurons in his brain from the insular cortex to the angular gyrus.

What? Hawthorne replies mentally. At least, that is the word that manifests in his brain, but to his inexorably linked exocortex the underlying meaning and context was immediately apparent.

"You heard me and you know I know it," his AI replied. "I live in your brain, remember? Yes, Ziggy's assignment could wait until you finish, except that he's never messaged me directly before."

That's unusual.

"Right."

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

A night-black shirren with star-speckled eyes approaches the meeting space. This doesn't sound good. Let's see what the mess is.

Posting might be a little spotty this week, but I'll do my best to keep up.

Dataphiles

Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

A halfling man swaggers in wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket emblazoned with a stylized image of the sun. Around his neck is a shiny steel chain on which hangs an obvious symbol of Sarenrae, and slung over one shoulder is a black leather satchel. "Hi there!" he says, his voice brimming with confidence. "I'm Yuqab al'Huluw...yes, that Yuqab al'Huluw, from 'Rumble in the Spike' and 'Steward Story'." His smile fades a bit as he notices the general lack of recognition around the room. "Huh. Well, you should check them out. Signal and E-Bert gave 'Rumble' two indicators up, y'know! And anyway, don't believe those slanderous rumors floating around that I don't actually do my own stunts. Keep an eye on me this mission and you just might see for yourself how real they are!"

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

A tall, non-sexuated android, with yellow lights under dark synthskin, enters, pushing a little hover-cart filled with all its gear: microphones, speakers, cables, amplifiers, as well as its flute and set of electro-drums...
Looking around at the others, the android smiles: "You guys brought your gear too? You playing, or technicians?"
The android looks for the one that summoned them: "Ziggy? We performing here, or is there some venue?"

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

As others arrive, Naylor sits very quietly and very still, slightly amused in their quirky android way that no one has yet noticed. When someone does eventually notice the almost human looking android with slight blue veins of circuitry showing, Naylor rises and joins the others.

"Sorry, did not mean to startle. I just like to keep in practice as it is a handy skill to have at times. My name is Naylor. I don't remember working with any of you before but look forward to whatever mission our good friend Ziggy needs us for. I am not the best with social cues, so if you have questions just ask."

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne looks over at the clatter of the hover cart being pushed through the doorway and raises an eyebrow.

"Performing? Oh, dear, I hope not."


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

It's not hard to find the small conference room registered to the Strawberry Machine Cake fan club. The pounding beats and screaming guitar of Strawberry Machine Cake's Star Sugar Heartlove!!! album thud at a near-deafening volume that causes the modest conference room's table, plastic chairs, and occupants to vibrate and rattle against the floor.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

"YAY!"
Pangea starts beating on the electro-drums on top of his hover-cart filled with musical gear!


♫ Help! I need somebody
Help! Not just anybody
Help! You know I need someone
Help!

Do you remember when we hiked Jatembe Park?
Two friends -- maybe more than friends --
Yeah, we both felt the spark
But now those days are gone and everything has changed
Now I find I changed my mind
My psyche's rearranged

Help me if you can, I'm spinning round
Hanging on through our special sound
Help me I am lost and don't know where I'm bound
Won't you please, please help me? ♫

Source: The Beatle's Help


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

A heavily augmented shirren at the head of the table bobs their head and flails their antennae in time with the music, coming to a halt with a startled jump as they realize they are no longer alone in the room. Zigvigix's telepathic voice cuts clearly through the wall of sound, despite the impression that it's difficult to hear their buzzing psychic voice over the cheerful vocal chorus. Oh, I'm so glad you came. This is important! It's completely unofficial, though. I want to make sure that's clear, and I understand if you don't want to participate in something off the record. And it's very important that this stay off the record.

Their tooth barbs twitch for a moment, perhaps waiting to see if anyone leaves. You see, something's happened, or is happening, to Historia-7. If you decide to stay, respond in this telepathic channel.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea smiles, pushing the cart in, and banging away on the drums: "Of course I'll participate, off the record, or for it to be recorded, even broadcast live. What music will we be playing?"
But then the android stops playing and becomes serious, answering telepathically: Historia-7? Oh no... what happened?
As the same time Pangea is still singing along, but the lyrics die in its mouth...
"Yes Il'll help you, get your feet back on the ground..."

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Id cocks his head to one side, responding telepathically. What do you mean "something happened?" Is she alright?


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Ziggy looks to Id-Sinitis. Something's taking control of her, and based on the clues she left, I think it's Historia-6 — or something else pretending to be him.

The shirren bobs along with a particular catchy string of lyrics before continuing telepathically. I don't think she would have left clues if she didn't need or want help. So I plan to go confront her about it, in the Cortex, but it seemed like a bad idea to do it alone. Will you help me? Oh, but don't say anything out loud—I don't want anyone to overhear.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Is anything known about what happened to Historia 6 in the Scoured Stars? Not saved, I imagine? Or was...?

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor goes back to being almost invisible, staying unnaturally still and quiet but joins in the telepathic conversation.

Of course I will assist. Please tell more. What clues?


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Well, I go into the archives every day to play this album, the shirren conveys, gesturing at the heavy-metal roar and guitar riffs shaking the room. It just makes me so happy! But a few days ago, I noticed the information in the file had changed. Um, have you guys heard those lyrics before? Ziggy shakes a bit, his barbs trembling.

And it’s changed more since then—tracks being rearranged, songs being renamed. And you know Historia-7—she doesn’t make mistakes or change data by accident. So I knew it had to be a message, and as soon as I figured it out, I knew something was wrong and called you all here. Zigvigix taps at their comm unit for a moment and brings up the digital track list.

Please check out Handout One on Slide Two.

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

At work

We are usually working ‘unofficially,’ Hawthorne replies in chorus with Sophia. And usually for Historia.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Antoine looks at the Lyrics... "Looks! The artist name change each Time. Together, each error gives Help me!"

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

That does look like a strong request for assistance. Do we know where she is at this time?

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Id's antennae twitch with a start upon examining the album data. It's compelling enough for me! Let's go to the Cortex and figure this out!

Slotting boons in Discussion.

Dataphiles

Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

Yuqab falls into a chair and puts his feat up, giving every outward indication of someone relaxing behind his shades.

That's certainly concerning. If she's willing to alter data then we know something is really wrong! Aside from go with you to the Cortex, how else can we help you help her?


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Yes, Historia-7 maintains a sanctum in the Archive’s Cortex here in the Lorespire Complex. I’m pretty sure that’s where she is, so I was going to start there.

Ziggy looks around, worried, but still shakes around to the pounding music. Pangea was wondering what happened in the Scoured Stars. Historia-6 was trapped with a number of other Starfinders in a rather ingenious visual simulation that was using them for computing parts. He and the others were doing all sorts of calculations in a rather lovely little fake illusion... It was very disturbing. And when he came out, Historia-7 waited for him to ask to lead the faction again. She would have stepped down for him. Instead, he made comments about wanting to check on all the things that she messed up. He keeps going off various places, and she had no idea where or why.

There is a look of determination in Ziggy's face. Historia-7 can probably access any microphone in the Lorespire Complex if she wanted to, so I didn’t want to let her—him—Historia-6—know that I had learned something was happening. Also, I’m just not sure what’s going on! I’m bringing you with me so I don’t go alone. Also, if you’re worried, you should know that I’ve set up a message to be delivered to Venture-Captain Naiaj in case we don’t come back… but that won’t happen; you’re all so skilled!

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

I don't mind working in the shadows as long as we're doing so to bring sunlight. Sounds like Historia-7 could use some.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

"But why Do you Say historia-6 have something about it? She could have received the virus from the concert for exemple."

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

There certainly have been enough outside influences sticking their fingers into the Starfinder's archives lately, Hawthorne comments. Are we likely to need artillery in the Cortex or is this more of a technical mission?

"I'm ready for both," Sophia adds.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea clamps a hand over Antoine's mouth as soon as the android hears the name of Historia-6 will be spoken out loud, giving a mental urging: Hush!
Use thought-speech...

Thank you, Ziggy. So, Historia-6 made it out...

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

This does lead me to so many questions about android psychology, Hawhtorne muses.

"Do I have a soul?" Sophia contemplates.

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

I have my basic supplies with me (always when I answer the call of one of our leaders) but do you suggest any specific equipment or supplies we may need? Should we travel as a group or do you want us to make our own way to the next meeting point so as to avoid suspicion? Naylor communicates mentally while once again standing and becoming noticeable.

Aloud they say, "I like the idea of the fan club, I thought we may be doing more than listening to recordings though. I can do that anywhere and often do. Perhaps next time we can plan to honour them by emulating the music ourselves?"

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea did not come with much other than its musical equipment.
So the android makes a call to AbadarCorp and has them lend him a nice Yoski Refractor Suit, and deliver it.

Then Pangea takes some cable from the musical equipment, and coils it to carry along.

"Ready."


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

What you know before you go:

You might know more about Historia-7 and her predecessor with a Culture check! As usual, you get all results up to the one you rolled.

10+:
Historia-7 is the leader of the Dataphiles faction and has been since her mentor, Historia-6, disappeared during the Scoured Stars incident over a year ago.

15+:
Starfinders rescued Historia-6, the Dataphiles' previous leader, during the recent return to the Scoured Stars, along with many other Starfinders who had been trapped there.

20+:
Historia-1 was the first leader of the Dataphiles, and every leader of the faction since has taken the name Historia upon receiving the position. The title is intended to honor the previous Dataphiles head but allows a new being to take the position. This process is something different than renewal, the common soul transference employed by androids.

30+:
Historia-7 (then Celita) first rose to prominence by confronting a senior Starfinder for stealing relics, using a sonic feedback program she had loaded onto his computer in advance. The act of determination and preparation led to Historia-6 taking note of Celita and bringing her into the Dataphiles fold.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea looks around on the Absalom InfoNet, thinking hard: Historia-7 had a predecessor? Wow! Never new that... who could it be? Geographia?

Culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dataphiles

Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

Culture: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Oof, not the best way to start things off.

"Well, yeah, just like Jadnura was Luwazi Elsebo's predecessor. His name was Historia-6, and much like our friend Jadnura, they were until recently trapped in the Scoured Stars system."


Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Sophia compiles a summary of her collected data on Historia and transmits it to everyone by hacking into their comm units and depositing it.

Assuming Historia-X is not a religious leader.

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor accepts the data from Sophia. They study it carefully in the hopes it may trigger some useful recall but alas the android can offer nothing new.

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea hears the beep of the incoming message, and checks what turns out to be Sophia's information.
Wow! She had prepared this...

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

culture+library Chip: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 4 = 29

Antoine searchs is his memory and His data bank for some information. He has done extensive research before about the society.

Hmm... Can I have a + 1? Pretty please? Antoine is a photojournalist.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Antoine, you have only Bluff and Sense Motive as Expertise Skills. As a seventh level envoy, you are owed another expertise skill. So... if you add culture as your missing expertise skill, you will automatically get that. Are you adding culture?

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Diplomacy appears to be the 3rd since he has Slick Customer, which requires Diplomacy.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

If you Say so.

"I remember a paper I wrote a few years ago.Historia-7 (then Celita) first rose to prominence by confronting a senior Starfinder for stealing relics, using a sonic feedback program she had loaded onto his computer in advance. The act of determination and preparation led to Historia-6 taking note of Celita and bringing her into the Dataphiles fold."

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Id looks over all the shared files. Quite the background we have on our friend Historia-7. I've never had a foul interaction with her, it stands to reason that we should do whatever we can to help!


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Okay, I will allow one of you to have aided Antoine, since it does appear that he had Diplomacy as an expertise as well. Sorry for the confusion -- let's move on!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Zigvigix leads the party to the Lorespire Complex Archives, a compound on the Lorespire campus, and directs the PCs into the Archive's main area, the Cortex.

Zigvigix breathes heavily as he walks. Let's make haste, Starfinders. Historia-7 needs us! Though the Exo-Guardians leader is motivated, it is clear Zigvigix isn't up for any kind of physical confrontation. They struggle to keep pace even with those of you moving at a modest speed.

Sense Motive DC 10:
Ziggy appears to be in great physical discomfort bordering on pain.

Cortex Control Center

You make your way to a simple foyer before reaching the command center for the Cortex.
The sleek doors to the Cortex slide open, revealing the computerized matrix that stores digital records of the Starfinder Society's most prominent discoveries. The distinctive blue hue of Historia-7's hair is visible over the edge of the reclined command cradle, but a transparent shell encases the raised seat. Historia-7 speaks without moving, facing the opposite wall, her voice flat and detached even by android standards. “I am occupied, Starfinders. You are to depart immediately.” From the entryway, Zigvigix waggles their antennae and tooth barbs in consternation.

SLIDE ONE

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor looks on in concern as their faction leader struggles. I wonder if I should summon some personal transportation? I don't want to embarrass Zigvigix but nor do I want them to suffer undue physical stress and it looks like they are struggling. Perhaps if I can find the opportunity to discreetly ask...

Sense motive Zigvigix: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Yes, I must try to do something about this.

When an opportunity presents during the walk to the archives, Naylor discreetly and quietly enquires, "With great respect and concern, I have observed you seem to be struggling and look also to be in pain. I would like to summon some transportation, or maybe I could stop quickly in the archaics store that we will pass and purchase a Segway or similar. It is important that we look to your needs as you are essential to the smooth running of the Society. There has been enough disruption recently and we are in the midst of more." Naylor then adds, "What else may I do to be of assistance? It would be nothing to slip you a serum of healing, no-one else need know."

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

On arriving at the Cortex and seeing Historia-7, Naylor makes a careful observation of the area and the Dataphiles faction leader.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Sense motive Historia-7: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Hawthorne moves with inspired haste as Ziggy urges them to hurry. With his helmet retracted, the LED on the side of his head is visible. It flashes in an erratic staccato between blue and red.

-----

Upon arrival at the Cortex and entering to find a more distract than usual Historia-7, he arches an eyebrow.

"Intriguing idea, but I don't know if that would work," Sophia replies to his thoughts. "Mundane idea, but it may at least provoke a reaction."

Is she facing a monitor?:

Hawthorne concentrates on one of the screens that Historia-7 faces. It goes black and then displays a message in simple ASCII text: JODAIN OF AGILLAE-5 HAS ARRIVED. HE DEMANDS YOUR RETURN TO THE VIRTUAL WORLD. (per Technopathy Node, see next spoiler)
Spoiler:
As a standard action, you can send a short message in a language you know to up to three target creatures or computers you are observing within 100 feet and potentially receive a short reply, per telepathic message. Alternatively, as a standard action, you can send a short message in a language you know to a single target computer you are observing within 100 feet and have that computer display that message, allowing anyone observing that computer to read it without leaving any trace of the message’s origin.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Laughing out loud, Hawthorne!

Hawthorne and Sophia flash a message at Historia-7's monitor with a snarky reminder to Historia-6 of the virtual world that the Starfinders rescued him from.

The android in the command cradle speaks in the same near-monotone, never changing position as they read Hawthorne's note flashing on their monitor. “So she managed to leave a message after all. I had wondered; she was always so clever. No matter. She is only a footnote. One of several, in a story that never mattered, other than that they provide me the means to continue carrying out my responsibilities.” The android pauses. “But you are clearly going to cause problems, and problems must be eliminated for efficiency's sake.”

With the final word, the door on the far side of the command cradle slides open, and a pair of rifle turrets emerge from the walls. Also two storage doors swoosh open, letting out robots with strange serrated arms and heavy artillery mounts.

DC 27 Engineering check:
You recognize the robots as variants of the common patrol-class security robot (Starfinder Alien Archive 94) equipped with heavy weapons. These variants sport integrated machine guns and wicked serrated claw-arms.

A subsequent DC 25 Culture check

Spoiler:
The Starfinder Society utilized these robots for installation defense from 145 ag to roughly 170 ag, and their decommissioning was related to the disproportional firepower they possessed and the high cost of ammunition and maintenance.

Oh no! Ziggy says. Don't hurt Historia-7! She's not in control!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Antoine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Initiative, Hawthorne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Initiative, Id-Sinitis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Initiative, Naylor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Initiative, Pangea-Kappa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Initiative, Yuqab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Initiative, Robots: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Initiative, Turret: 10 = 10

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

Yuqab
Pangea
Antoine
Id-Sinitis
Naylor

================================

Red Robot
Green Robot
Turrets

================================

Hawthorne

================================

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"Oh dear," he whispers as the turrets descend and the robots emerge. His datajack LED stops on solid red.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I've got you," Sophia reasures her human host.

1 to 50 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's SFS 1-38: The Many Minds of Historia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.