Hmm's SFS 1-38: The Many Minds of Historia (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Many Minds Maps + MM Handouts


151 to 200 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

"This looks to be a pre-takeover memory. This is not Historia-6 but will be forced to become Historia-6. What do we do? How can we stop it without changing history? We need to collect evidence to prove what has transpired."


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Sophia estimates from the Mindscape's infosphere that the year is 269 AG -- near the time of first contact with the Azlanti Empire -- an eventful year, especially for someone who was serving as the society's chief data expert and spymaster.

As you watch, the silver lines keep creeping up Historia-6's arms, dousing out the yellow. His hands appear to be stuck to the console, and he spasms for a moment as all the color washes out of him. Then both Historias say in unision, "I don't recognize... any of you. How odd. I thought that I made sure that everyone was gone. I only want what's best for the Society and its agents. Don't you agree that is an important goal?"

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor moves forward to address the silver android whom they presume is Historia-5, but remains far enough away to reduce the impression of threat.

"Please, stop what you are doing. You are right, we all want what is best, but stealing the life from another is not the way. Stop and let us work with you to find another solution."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

All the while, Naylor is thinking to themselves, I have no idea what I am doing. I hope some else has a great idea. If I do convince him to stop am I changing history? Or changing memories that need to be preserved? I can't just stand back and watch it happen though. What to do?!

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

What i could say about that... I am just a photograph. Libre... gives me strength to transmit yours words. prays Antoine.

He takes a deep breath. His voice is deeper and slower and his hands moves to express what he is saying like a politician to a crowd.

"IT is. But not if the price is those same agents. As my wife says, Never put your cause higher the people who constitue it."

The silver aura glows brighter and brighter as is being also infected by drama.

"If you do, this cause will became an absurdity where you "logically" act by doing absurd things like killing those your were supposed to protect. This will only lead to the suicide of the cause.

As such, you must always act with a real doubt in your mind. This you help you to retain the capacity to revolt against the world and help the cause."

Antoine keeps a determined façade as his mind panics at the aura's action.

What is happening?!

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"Release 6, whoever you are... prime?" Hawthorne says.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

"I am who I always have been, the Society's most dedicated guardian." The two androids say to Hawthorne.

Then they look at Antoine with eerie mirror-like silver eyes. "You do not understand. I am the very best of mentors. What Starfinder would not offer their lives to save others? You caught me at a poor time. I had to rush this. You know what I discovered today? Evidence of a threat from before the Gap, rearing its emerald green colors." The androids shake their heads in unison. "This crisis will need to be handled by the very best... I need to 'transfer power' now, so that Historia-6 will be credible as a leader when the Azlanti come again. The Society deserves to have the very best leading them."

Six looks regretfully at Naylor. "It is too bad we did not meet under other circumstances. I could have guided you. Groomed you. Given you confidence. Introduced you to all the right people, and helped you along the way." Both stand, raising hands in a threatening manner. "A waste, but sometimes we must make sacrifices."

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Antoine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Initiative, Hawthorne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Initiative, Id-Sinitis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative, Naylor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Initiative, Pangea-Kappa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Initiative, Yuqab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Initiative, Yellow and Silver Historias: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

Id-Sinitis
Yuqab
Naylor

================================

Silver Historia-5
Yellow Historia-6

================================

Pangea
Hawthorne
Antoine

================================

Dataphiles

Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

"Maybe you'll be more receptive after a nap." Yuqab snaps his static arc pistol into his hand once more and, taking a moment to flip the switch on its side to 'stun' mode, takes a shot at the silvery android (not Historia-6).

Static arc pistol (Targets EAC): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Nonlethal electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor considers throwing a grenade but is still distressed by the idea of potentially sabotaging any possibility of recovering those who were apparently taken by Historia-prime. Thinking to follow their fellow operatives lead with a static arc pistol, Naylor instead reaches for their newer Dirge pistol, moving to the side to clear the way for teammates, they also fire at the older silver android.

Dirge Pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
potential Sonic damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Id takes a hesitant step forward. I don’t like this! What are these alien memories? Following his teammates’ lead, he projects a powerful psychic pulse at Historia-5.

Move to square, standard cast mind thrust III at Historia-5.

Damage (Will half): 7d10 ⇒ (2, 9, 9, 8, 4, 9, 4) = 45


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Yuqab misses Historia-5, but Naylor strikes true, and then Id attacks with a mindthrust that makes Historia-5's ears bleed.

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Id, what's your DC? I'm assuming that Five made it unless you tell me otherwiise.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Both Historias aim psychic rays at Id, alarmed by his attack.

Silver psychic ray: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Force Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Yellow psychic ray: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Force Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions:

Id-Sinitis (-8)
Yuqab
Naylor

================================

Silver Historia-5 (-32)
Yellow Historia-6

================================

Pangea
Hawthorne
Antoine

================================

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"You have this?" Hawthorne asks Sophia.


"I've got this," Sophia replies. She begins to move her arms in a series of arcane gestures, causing data to appear before her. With blurring speed her arms split and four hands manipulate the data and toss packets back toward Hawthorne.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne aims at Historia-5, past the shirren standing in front of him, and fires off a condensed cloud of plasma from the railgun in his hands.

Combat Tracking @ Historia-5
Attack

12-notch Plasma Fork, Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 vs. screened (Id)
No ammunition lost on miss.
E&F, magic: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Are you sure?"

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

KAC: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27
NON LETHAL P: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Antoine changes his filter for an more appropriate for the situation. He also moves for a better visual of historia-5.

+2 morale against historia-5

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Happy that the person to be saved is not Historia-77, otherwise the backtracking through iterations would be so much harder, Pangea starts moving across its companions, while activating its jetpack, starting to fly up, and turning to face the twin Historias.
As it moves, the fist sized mote of Dark Energy floating near its head turns into an energized fist of crackling dark energy.
Pangea wreathes itself in this dark stellar fire, and charges in a Stellar Rush, aiming its fist at the older silvery model--

Solar Weapon Energized Fist vs. KAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Magic B & f, crit 1d4 Burn: 1d6 + 1 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 12 + 1 = 18

--hoping to connect with whatever constitutes its jaw.

"Hello, older model. P.A.N.G.E.A. could totally reboot you to rid you of your behavioral issues."

If you consider activating jetpack as part of the move action, Pangea flies along the orange line (4 squares) while manifesting its Solar Weapon, flying up 5 ft. high (1 square), then turns (1 square) ; then Pangea charges along the red line (have 12 squares of movement so 4 squares forward plus I imagine another square up to 10 ft. high to pass the railing?).
Status: 2/40 pack ; attuned 1/3

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

Yuqab runs toward the nearby wall, leaping and rebounding off of it in a blur. He lands into a roll and comes up firing, hoping to catch Historia-5 off guard.

Acrobatics to trick (DC 20+CR), yeti party: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 1 = 25
Trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) = 17
If trick is successful and attack hits, target is flat-footed to everyone until beginning of Yuqab's next turn

Static arc pistol (Targets EAC): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Nonlethal electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor, slightly calmer now, moves into a deeper stealth mode trying to improve their chance of taking down the one who is presumably Historia-5.

Stealth+1 vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 1 = 34
potential trick damage + Off-target: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 2) = 17

Dirge Pistol vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
potential Sonic damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

21 just beats the DC (10 + spell level [3] + Wisdom mod [6] + Spell Focus [1]). Just glad they rolled minimum damage!

Id recoils from the force bolts. Two can play that game! He conjures three glowing motes of stellar energy and hurls them at the attacking androids.

Full action shooting stars (magic missile) at Historia-6 (assuming Historia-5 drops from the other PC attacks).

Force Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 3 = 12


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Hawthorne's combat tracking is thrown off by the ever changing data of the digital world. Then Antoine hits Historia-5 and the android explodes into a batch of silvery confetti!

@Pangea, activating items is considered a standard action in the CRB unless the item has something in its description that says it can be activated another way. (Please let me know if I have missed something here -- like a jetpack special.) So if you activate your jetpacks, you're not attacking. Would you like to redo your move, or keep it this round for facing off with Historia-6?

"Oh you're trying to save me. How very sentimental of you... Don't you see this is why you need someone who thinks logically?" Historia-6 asks, silvery eyes glittering.

@Yuqab and Naylor... Would you have redirected your attacks to Historia-6, seeing him still hostile and dismissive?

Id-Sinitis redirects his magic missile to Historia-6.

Waiting to update combat until I hear from Pangea, Yuqab and Naylor.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions:

Id-Sinitis (-8)
Yuqab
Naylor

================================

Silver Historia-5 (Gone)
Yellow Historia-6 (-12 and pending -- depending if Yuqab and Naylor redirected their attacks.)

================================

Pangea
Hawthorne
Antoine

================================

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Antoine Laughs.

"Sentimality... You think that someone Who think diffrently than is sentimental... We don't know Who the real Historia-6 was. What we know is he could have been an Ally against you. Your logic is so flawled that you don't realise how wrong. You are not immune to the cognitive Filter. You are not a machine."

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea waits to see what will happen.
Will just pass this round


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Filling in from instructions from players.

Both Naylor and Yuqab redirect their attacks, and Historia-6 bursts into silver confetti that then melts and beads together in a stream that slips through the ship's vents and out of this scene.

COMBAT OVER

As the nasty silver trail drains slowly away, the screens on the bridge momentarily glow blue. The disembodied voice of Historia-7 crackles from the comm unit. “I can't find any trace of either Historia-5 or Historia-6 anywhere. There was another presence here, but they must have been just a memory.” The screens fade to darkness, but blue emergency lighting strips flare up on the floor, leading off the bridge toward the aft airlock.

The voice continues, interrupted by bursts of static. “Something's wrong. Historia-Prime knows we're here and hasn't fully revealed itself yet. You should leave now, before it's too late.”

The airlock opens, and a wall of near-deafening sound crashes forth. At first it's not clear whether the screams are excited or terrified, but then pastel lights flare and flash along to a pounding bass beat, and the screams are subsumed by a near-deafening wail of an amplified koto. From this vantage, the giant strawberry laser-projected across the back of the stage readily identifies the four performers.


Bone:
♫ It's confounding;
Memories fleeting;
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely... ♫

MimiMetal:
♫ Not for very much longer ♫

Bone:
♫ We've got to keep control
I remember doing the Gap-game
Drinking the despair when
Amnesia would hit me ♫

MimiMetal:
♫ And the void would be calling... ♫

SMC:
♫ Let's do the Gap-game again
Let's do the Gap-game again ♫


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Not five feet away are Zigvigix and Historia-7, attention fixed on the stage and the dynamic performers there. Zigvigix has their limbs and antennae both up in the air, thrashing along with the cascading guitar rhythms, but from here it's plain that even Historia-7 is wearing a small smile despite the crushing crowd. She begins to nod along with the music—until the sound degrades into a screeching feedback. The lights flash silver, and the seats at the edge of the stage begin crumbling away into digital static, leaving a growing void that spreads outward. The suddenly empty stage remains the only fixed point of safety and stability amidst the rapidly expanding chaos.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

You each have a choice. You can try to leap towards the safety of the stage, or you can try to stand your ground and stabilize the memory.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAND YOUR GROUND:

Profession (Performer) or Engineering or Mysticism to try to stabilize the memory. The Profession (Performer) is to reproduce the music. The Engineering is to fiddle with the sound system to provide feedback to the silver static and chase it back with waves of sound. The Mysticism is to reinforce Historia-7s psyche against the corruption.

If you have none of these, I'll let you attempt an aid another with another related skill check or some other idea if you can justify and roleplay it to the hilt.

If this character has credit for 1-01 Commencement or 1-14 Star Sugar Heartlove!!! (or better yet both), please note that information with your post.

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Naylor dives for the equipment and begins stripping wires and poking at things, combining their professional experience as an electrician and their more recently learned engineering skills to hack the system and provide support to their teammates.

Profession (electrician): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"Come on you lot, we have to do something NOW!"

Sometimes the dice are cruel. Naylor has participated in both scenarios.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne has completed 1-01.
Engineering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Hawthorne begins to recalibrate the sound system. "Sophia, can you calculate the phase shift for me?" he asks his manifest AI as he tries to jury-rig a noice cancelling waveform. He devotes a significant amount of his mental energy to trying to keep the reality together.

Spend 3 RP to give Naylor a reroll on his Engineering check.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Seeing the oncoming tsunami of silver static, Id takes a deep breath. He vividly recalls his first mission for Ziggy, waiting in line to pick up his own copy of Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, as well as all the times he rocked out to the music alongside the Exo-Guardians leader. He acutely recalls Historia-7's affection for Ziggy, shielding them from the intrigue of unraveling a dangerous mass murder effort at that iconic concert so that they could enjoy the performance. He psychically projects his emotions and memories into the images of the two faction leaders. This is bigger than any corruption. We love you both, and you love each other. We'll get through this!

Played both 1-01 and 1-14, hoping to use Id's mindlink mystic ability to share his memories and reinforce Historia-7's memory.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34


"I'm trying," Sophia responds, her manifestation visibly glitching, "But this noise is interferring with me."


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //
Naylor wrote:
Sometimes the dice are cruel. Naylor has participated in both scenarios.

Please check the MM handouts linked in my GM header, and decide if you want to keep those rolls.

Dataphiles

Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

"The visuals don't mean anything if the sound isn't right. Let's see if we can't fix that voice-over!"

Engineering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Yuqab has played 1-01

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Antoine takes a lot of picture of what is happening around him. It feels like he is seeing the end of the world.

I can't stop take picture... I cannot stop... Why? This is just a mental space... Nobody will be able to see this... but I can't stop!

Seeing the others who takes a stand, Antoine despairs.

I know just enough mechanic to be able to repair this camera and I am so bad in Karaoke! How useless I am! L.i.b.r.e would have been much better than me here. ARGH!!!I am just a photographer that write... what can i do?

"Antoine,... you still love to hit yourself don't you?", says a familiar voice in his head.

Antoine recognises the voice...It is his wife!

-But How?

-"This is not important for the moment, I can lend you my power, but you will the one who shape it."

-But I...

-"You are Antoine Desilet, The photojournalist, you can do this Bye!"

-Lay... She not here anymore., thinks Antoine being a little frustrated at his wife.

Antoine's hands and eyes continues to take picture of degrading scenes.

And there goes this.. What can i do.. and now... Wait.

I have been there! I have followed Zigtoria progression! I know this scene. I know about Historia... I have already all the picture I need... Now, it is time to give them back.

Antoine stops taking picture. He fixes his eyes on his camera and concentrates. The silver light gets off of him and enters the camera. Picture comes out. There in fact lots of pictures. Of Historia-7,Of Ziggy, Of the First mission with her, of the scene... Each of them are beautiful beyond compare and transmits the emotions of the subject.

"Historia... No Celita! I know you can hear me! Use this to reinforce your mind! Memories can disappear or be corroded but nothing can alter a picture already taken!" he cries toward the horizon.

I hope it will help her.

mysticism: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27I have done both

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

Spending resolve and accepting the resolve spent to reroll both

Zapped by a live wire, Naylor yelps then dives back in.

Profession (Electrician): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Engineering: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 27 using shirt reroll as well with 1 nova

Sorry, in last throws of prep for the plane to Origins tomorrow morning.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

"Come on, you've never smiled once during a briefing you gave, you've never joked, you were always tough as nails and pragmatic... it's not time to go soft on us now, and give in to some antiquated model that's no use other than for spare parts. Remain cold headed and steadfast like always! Answer this like you answered receiving gifts from Ziggy: without flinching or acknowledging anything!"

Mysticism: 1d20 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (17) + (6) + 4 = 27
Has credit for 1-01 Commencement


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

The party manages to work together, reconstructing the concert's unique sound and bolstering Historia-7's psyche. The music of the concert starts again, softly at first, and then getting louder and louder.

♫ Down where Absalom’s Spike meets its Eye up above
Out where our stations’s arms extend their embrace
I could swear there’s someone watching us
Out in space
Through the drift, and the chill and the void
The Pact worlds and their moons
I can feel your strength, your armor alloyed

I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes dashing and bright
They’ve gotta be strong
And they’ve gotta be fast
And they’ve gotta be fresh from the fight
I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes to lead us to light
They’ve gotta be sure
And they’ve gotta be soon
And they’ve gotta help us all fight! ♫

With your delicate work and intimate knowledge of these two faction heads, the memory stabilizes. The concert venue rematerializes almost as if the scene had been played in reverse. Then it starts up again with the whole crowd dancing and singing along.

Yes, that's how it happened, Historia-7's calm voice states.

You all walk easily to the center stage, where CAPTAIN*CARMINE calls out to the audience honoring the Starfinders for saving Songbird Station. “Today, we found out we had some fans who didn't make it here because of a tragedy,” the lead singer continues, causing the audience to quiet down. “These brave Starfinders were lost in the Scoured Stars system a few months ago. Their friend brought their holograms here so they could still be with us today. So, I want you to get ready to cheer for them! Cheer so loudly that they can hear us, even out in the Scoured Stars! Let's let them know we love them!”

At that, the crowd erupts into an even more deafening roar, with people from every corner of the Pact Worlds, the Veskarium, and beyond yelling at the top of their voices. “That's right!” CAPTAIN✶CARMINE cuts through the screaming cheers. “Everyone, get ready to cheer one more time! Because not only are the missing Starfinders with us here in spirit, their friends are here with us in the flesh as well, and they just saved our concert and Songbird Station! Everyone, give it up for the Starfinder Society!”

As the holograms of all of Ziggy's lost starfinder friends appear, you all see something that you had missed in the crush of the crowd when you were here before... but this is Historia-7's memory, not yours. You see her reach out a hand briefly to Ziggy, a hand that Ziggy briefly touches before they both quietly let go again.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Then blue stage lights form an arrow leading you to a bright-blue door that appears in the wings. Historia-7's voice booms out from the massive wall of speakers. “Hurry, Starfinders! There's no time to lose!”

Dataphiles

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

"But I couldn't make it to this show! Now's my chance to...oh all right, fine, let's go." With one last wistful look, Yuqab rushes toward the newly-opened door.

Exo-Guardians

Androgynous NG Android, Ace Pilot, Operative (Ghost) 7 | SP 57/63 HP46/46| RP 7/7 | EAC 23; KAC 24 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40ft | Darkvision |Evasion | Active conditions: none.

"There will be more concerts, Yuqab. Perhaps, when this is done we can enjoy one together," Naylor reassures his friend as he follows quickly behind the other Operative.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Great job everyone!

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Id's gaze lingers on the brief contact between the two faction heads, then he hustles to join the group in the next memory.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sophia's dress settles on a style and color as the mindscape stabilizes. "I'm more of an opera fan," the AI comments, "But that song wasn't too bad."

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"Come on!" the armored Hawthorne says, taking Sophia's hand and pulling her toward the bright blue door.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

The bright-blue door at the back of the stage swings open, allowing soothing sunlight to pour through. The landscape beyond is a lush, verdant jungle, though the familiar skyscrapers rising up behind the trees mark the site as Jatembe Park, the massive green space in Absalom Station's central Eye. Here, though, the trees are shot through with silver circuitry, and the foliage flickers and stutters. To the south, down a half-dozen steps, a statue of a heavily augmented shirren stands within an overgrown sunken garden. Silver lines trace around the statue's base and creep upward along the statue's legs.

"There you are." As soon as you appear, a silvery ooze with five screaming heads -- and one, eerily calm -- congeals out of the silver circuitry that laces this park. All six voices speak in unison. "It's good to have someone witness this moment, the moment when I sever the last ties of a corruption that has rotted my faction for the entire last year. She wrecked everything -- all my life's work undone. She offered me the faction back, but I knew it was too late. All those new recruits looked up to her, an entire generation of Starfinders corrupted, beguiled into unthinking loyalty. No, I could not take it back as myself. So I became her. It should have been simple. She couldn't resist me alone, but she's had you and that loathsome bug that she befriended. I wondered where that loathsome bug was, for surely they would be leading the charge? And then I realized. They are the BRIDGE." The calm head glares at the statue of the augmented shirren. "Ah, but the bridge linking you here has a broken foundation that is easily crumbled. Destroy it, and I gain the field. You are just in time to witness the return of order, wisdom, and the guidance that the Society has so desperately needed."

The squares of undergrowth on the map act as difficult terrain during this encounter.

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Antoine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Initiative, Hawthorne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Initiative, Id-Sinitis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Initiative, Naylor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Initiative, Pangea-Kappa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative, Yuqab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Initiative, Historia-Prime: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

================================

Yuqab
Pangea-Kappa
Id-Sinitis
Naylor
Hawthorne + Sophia
Antoine

================================

Historia-Prime

================================

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

identify: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
L.i.b.r.e, what is this thing?

"You are insane! You are not a living being anymore!" cries Antoine. " You have been so warped with protecting the Society that you are just you cannot conceive that life outside the Society.

You want to protect Starfinders? You should repent of the lost lifes in the Scoured Stars incident. You are as guilty of them than Jadnura. It was your responsability to know about the god shield and the others dangers and you didn't. You were being captured! Even with your centuries of experience, you mess a big time.

You're old! Outdated! You should have renew a long time ago! When we finish this, I will expose your dark legacy to all of the Pact Worlds! And you can't stop me!"

That should be enough.

improved Get'em. With a point of resolve. +2 attack and damage.
Clever feint: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 14 + (1) = 29
and if this is not enough I use 1 resolve to treat him flat-footed

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"What in the zero divided by zero!?" Hawthorne blurts through his helmet's speakers. "Casandalee's descendants would be ashamed. Androids spent so long seeking freedom, and you choose to enslave your own because you don't think anyone can do your job as well as you?"

Hawthorne readies his plasma fork as he moves through the brush toward the statue of Ziggy and fires at the writhing silver mass.

"Sophia," he calls, "Tell me what that tyrant thinks he can do in this plane."

Move: 5 ft normal terrain, 10 ft difficult terrain.

12-notch Plasma Fork, IGE: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15 Maybe against flat footed penalty
E&F, magic, IGE: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
Recall Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 10 (+18 computers, +9 culture, +14 engineering, +9 life science, +11 mysticism, +12 physical science)

EDIT: Edited for Improved Get 'em.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shirren Star-Shaman Mystic (ace pilot) 10; SP 90/90, HP 66/66, RP 12/12; EAC 26, KAC 27, CMD 35; F +8, R +8, W +14; Spd 40; Init +5; Perception +23 (+4 kit; blindsense 30)

Id's antennae perk up in alarm. They want to destroy Ziggy's psychic bridge! Hurry, defend the statue and stop that monster! He rushes to interpose himself between the ooze and the Zigvigix statue, hastened by his glowing aeon stone. As he moves, he produces another thrust of violent psychic energy.

Move to square, standard cast mind thrust III.

Mental Damage (Will DC 20 half): 7d10 ⇒ (5, 8, 5, 5, 8, 10, 9) = 50


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Neither L.I.B.R.E. nor Hawthorne are able to recognize exactly what Historia-Prime is... other than a jerk and an obvious monstrosity.

Life Science, DC 24, Historia-Prime:
Historia-Prime is a large psychic ooze.

Life Science, DC 29, Historia-Prime:
He? She? They? It's unknowable, really. Historia-Prime has can use automatic fire with their psychic ray, and split off smaller bits of themselves when they take enough damage.

Hawthorne's shot still misses Historia-Prime, but then Id reaches out to mind thrust the monstrosity.

Historia-Prime's Will Save DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Historia-Prime screams out of all six heads as Id's attack hits! The creature shudders, and splits off another silvery android, with a shock of reddish pink hair threaded with silver. You recognize her as Historia-4, from the photos on the screens in Historia-7's office. "Now look at what you've made me do," she says, glinting at you with cold, silvery eyes. "I don't think you lot are worthy of my kind mentorship."

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

================================

Yuqab
Pangea-Kappa

Id-Sinitis
Naylor
Hawthorne + Sophia
Antoine

================================

Historia-Prime (-50)
Historia-Four

================================


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

BOTTING NAYLOR

Naylor moves forward. "Yes, look at what we made you do. We made you look at yourself -- not so comfortable when you look, and see the price of what you're doing, is it?" They fire directly at Historia-Prime.

Stealth+1 vs 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 1 = 29
potential trick damage + Off-target: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 6, 6) = 21

Dirge Pistol vs EAC+Get 'Em: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19
potential Sonic damage+ Get 'em: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Naylor's shot hits Historia-Prime because the ooze was feinted by Antoine!

Another silvery android with green hair appears next to Historia-Prime, one that you have never seen before! She looks at you with flat silver eyes. "Really, this is tedious. It will take forever to gather myself back up again. On the other hand... There may be an advantage to splitting up like this. Can you stop all of us?"

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1
Active conditions:

================================

Yuqab
Pangea-Kappa

Id-Sinitis
Naylor
Hawthorne + Sophia
Antoine

================================

Historia-Prime (-82, flat-footed, off-target)
Pink Historia-Four
Green Historia-Three

================================

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Calice, Ziggy is more in danger than I thought!

Dataphiles

Male Halfling Operative (Daredevil) 5 | sp 29/35, hp 32/32, rp 6/6 | EAC 20 KAC 20 | F+3 (+1 Yetis), R+9 (evasion), W+5 (+3 vs fear) | speed 40ft, climb 30ft, swim 30ft, jump jets 20/20 | Init +6 | Percep +12, SM +6 | Trick attack (Acrobatics) +18 [+1 yetis], Ranged/Operative attack +7 | Current Conditions: [yeti party -> +1 STR/DEX skills, +1 Fort]

Yuqab vaults off the nearby stone wall, landing in front of Id and firing at Historia-Prime.

Acrobatics to trick (DC 20+CR), yeti party: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 1 = 26
Trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 8, 3) = 16
If trick is successful and attack hits, target is flat-footed until beginning of Yuqab's next turn

Static arc pistol (Targets EAC), IGE: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Electricity damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Acquisitives

Sexless Android | SP 0/35 ; HP 15/39 ; RP 5/5 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 19 ; KAC 19 | (+2 vs.disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep) Fort. +4 ; Ref. +3 ; Will +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +4 ; SM +2| Active condition(s):
OOC:
N lvl 5 Solarian (worships Triune)

Pangea activates its jet pack and then charges the big hydra-like lug, flying over the difficult terrain.
Activating its weapon as it moves in, it strikes the old Prime in the best location it can find... Hopefully a Prime location, Pangea thinks.
+4 ac vs. AoOs w. Mobility

Solar Weapon Energized Fist vs. KAC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25 (vs. Flat Foot ; w. Get Em' added in)
Magic B & f, crit 1d4 Burn: 1d6 + 1 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 12 + 2 + 1 = 20 (w. Get Em' & Photon added in)

GM Hmm:
Since I am only holding everybody up, being out of timezone synch', please bot me whenever you want. I do not have any plans so just have Pangea do whatever you wish. Just bot as wanted.

151 to 200 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's SFS 1-38: The Many Minds of Historia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.