GM Valen's - PFS Quests - What the Helms Hide (10-16)(PbP)(TABLE 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

CHRONICLES!

Handouts & Slides


251 to 268 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
The Concordance

F Sylph 2 | Aprentice | 3-Skymaster Druid
Tag:
CN Sylph F Druid 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 19; TC 14; FF 15 | CMB +3; CMD 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc: +8; 20 ft

Ynam, remembering how to cats spells focuses on the energy her new body, as white ightning starts to spark across her to hers. She moves up to discharge her ability.

Shining Grasp: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 173d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) = 51d100 ⇒ 1 +4 if wearing metal, and miss chance.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The portions of the library obscured by faded memories and time momentarily disorient Ynam and she fails to make contact with Helven.

She, nevertheless, has Zaul's attention. The antler-helmed foe draws his longbow and fires at the Pathfinder.

Ranged (longbow), studied target, point blank shot, inspired): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage (P): 1d8 ⇒ 5
Concealment, <21%: 1d100 ⇒ 87

The man sneers as his shot misses.

Combat Round Two Cont'd

All PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Jovis/Ynam
Zaul Blystone (red) (studied target:Ynam/inspired)
Fimbrik/Brakkik
Idena/Waggi
-7 HP (prone)
Eylysia (purple)
Sera/Salvadore
Myrin/Veilblade (flat-footed v. Helven)
Shadowfang (dominated/inspired)
Helven Leroung (blue) (inspired)
Veldrid Goldborough (yellow) (inspired)

Grand Lodge

Male CG Ratfolk Trap Breaker Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (+10 vs traps), SM: +1, Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Bombs 9/9 | Active conditions: None

Perfect!

Brakkik steps to the side and grins. "Incoming!" he yells, his mind racing as time seems to pause momentarily. 57 degrees up, offset two centimeters left, counterclockwise spin... There! With a toss that merely looks effortless, the alchemist throws a bomb straight through the mist at the horned archer.

Ranged Touch, True Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 20 = 45
Fire damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (Splash 6 damage - Reflex 15 to halve)

True strike allows Brakkik to ignore the miss chance from concealment this round. Yay! Also, I can't tell if this is within 30 ft - the floor tiles are messing with my eyes. If yes, add +1 damage from Point-Blank Shot.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Waggi stands defensively as the mutt drools over him "What's gotten into your mutt man! Call him off already!" He takes a step back away from the dog.

Full defense then stand, provoking AOO. AC without prone penalties is 20 for the round.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The vial strikes true against the Zaul's helm, momentarily coating it in flames.

Veldrid steps away. Reflex save (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
She avoids the full heat of the flames.

As the prone Pathfinder crawls, the dominated wolf goes for a bite.
Melee (bite) v. Waggi, prone: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage (P): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Pathfinder makes it unscathed.

"Yes! Yes!" Eylysia cries as she rushes over to weave magical threads within the library, "Keep them occupied just a little longer!"

Combat Round Two Cont'd

All PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Jovis/Ynam
Zaul Blystone (red) -6 HP (studied target:Ynam/inspired)(aflame)
Fimbrik/Brakkik
Idena/Waggi -7 HP (prone)
Eylysia (purple)
Sera/Salvadore
Myrin/Veilblade
(flat-footed v. Helven)
Shadowfang (dominated/inspired)
Helven Leroung (blue) (inspired)
Veldrid Goldborough (yellow) -3 HP (inspired)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Wizard(Evoker)/3 [HP: 14/17] [Init: +2; Perc: +8] [AC: 12+/12/10+] [saves: 3/3/4] [CMB: +1; CMD: 13/11] [Force Missile used: 1/7] [Signet Ring used: 0/1] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor; Shield ]

Savadore moves 30' and fires a Force Missile at Veldrid...

Force damage vs. Veldrid: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Force Missile:
Force Missile (Sp): As a standard action you can unleash a force missile that automatically strikes a foe, as magic missile. The force missile deals 1d4 points of damage plus the damage from your intense spells evocation power. This is a force effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Don't forget everyone has +1 morale to saves and +5 temp HP


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

A bolt of magical force strikes the helmed dwarf, but do not stop her advance.

Veilblade's last post suggested a return sometime today, so I am willing to wait one more day for a post before botting.

Combat Round Two Cont'd

All PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Jovis/Ynam
Zaul Blystone (red) -6 HP (studied target:Ynam/inspired)(aflame)
Fimbrik/Brakkik
Idena/Waggi -7 HP (prone)
Eylysia (purple)
Sera/Salvadore
Myrin/Veilblade (flat-footed v. Helven)
Shadowfang (dominated/inspired)
Helven Leroung (blue) (inspired)
Veldrid Goldborough (yellow) -5 HP (inspired)

Dark Archive

Male LN Wayang Samurai/2 - HP 20 - AC 18/T:14/FF:15 - Perception: +7, Darkvision - Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: -1; +2 vs. Shadow school spells - CMB: +5, CMD 18 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +3

I could swear we decided I was Avera

The little gray thing moves through the mists and then strikes at the silver masked lady in the back with his naginata.

naginata, attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
slashing: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

20% concealment; 1 is a miss: 1d5 ⇒ 4


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Veilblade wrote:
I could swear we decided I was Avera

Seems I wrote down the wrong elf. Corrected below.

The naginata strikes deep within the helmed dwarf. Already suffering from prior wounds, the slash of the blade causes her to fall hard to the floor, which she lies unconscious and dying. Her song is silenced.

The dominated wolf acts on its last command.

Melee (bite) v. Waggi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage + trip: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Trip v CMD 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

It once again manages to sink its canines into the Pathfinder's leg and bring him down!

Helven flashes his blade in a display of prowess, then lunges at Ynam.

Improved Feint, Bluff v.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Melee (rapier): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage (P): 1d6 ⇒ 1

But, he fails to fool the Pathfinder or make contact with her.

Combat Round Two Cont'd

All PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Jovis/Ynam
Zaul Blystone (red) -6 HP (studied target:Ynam/inspired)(aflame)
Fimbrik/Brakkik
Idena/Waggi -9 HP (prone)
Eylysia (purple)
Sera/Salvadore
Avera/Veilblade
Shadowfang (dominated)
Helven Leroung (blue)
Veldrid Goldborough (yellow) -17 HP

The Concordance

F Sylph 2 | Aprentice | 3-Skymaster Druid
Tag:
CN Sylph F Druid 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 19; TC 14; FF 15 | CMB +3; CMD 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc: +8; 20 ft

Ynam blinks, as Helven misses her and she thinks, "Huh, I guess the winds still protect me in this form." She sees an opening, and uses the charge she was holding from her previous miss to step forward and go for Zaul instead.

Shoking Grasp: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 53d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6) = 15 -- I don't think Zaul is in the fog, but I will stay there for my own protection. +4 to hit if Zaul is wearing metal.

Edit- Can't remember if I've used by GM re-roll, but i'm sure I have not. I will do so now.

Shoking Grasp, reroll: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18 - +4 to hit if he is wearing metal.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Wearing leather armor, Helven appears well-insulated from the electrical spell. Suddenly, it becomes clear that the one area most vulnerable to such an attack is the villain metallic, Decemvirate helm.

With the speed and precision of a dwarven monk, Ynam lays her hand upon the helm. The surge of electricity that follows drops Helven instantly!

Seeing his other ally fall so quickly, Zaul Blystone unleashes an angry, primal yell.

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"YOU'RE DISCOVERIES END NOW!" he cries. Ignoring the flames consuming his armor and flesh, Zaul draws his dagger. With the sheen of his helm sending light from the flames dancing off in multiple directions, the last standing member of the Decemvirate single-mindedly seeks to bury his blade within the Pathfinders.

Melee (dagger), studied target v Ynam: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 = 19

Oh, yes! The dice LOVE a dramatic showdown!
Damage (P): 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

The villain's blade pierces Ynam's armor, then slides deep through soft flesh and between bone!

Eylysia gasps in horror as she sees another comrade inching towards death's door!

Combat Round Two Cont'd

All PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Jovis/Ynam -5 HP
Zaul Blystone (red) -10 HP (studied target:Ynam/inspired)
Fimbrik/Brakkik
Idena/Waggi
-9 HP (prone)
Elysia (purple)
Sera/Salvadore
Avera/Veilblade

Shadowfang (dominated)
Helven Leroung (blue) -18 HP
Veldrid Goldborough (yellow) -17 HP

Dark Archive

Male LN Wayang Samurai/2 - HP 20 - AC 18/T:14/FF:15 - Perception: +7, Darkvision - Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: -1; +2 vs. Shadow school spells - CMB: +5, CMD 18 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +3

The little gray thing drops his naginata, draws his katana, and steps to the side. He raises his blade and pauses, saying something about how Zaul has shown much dishonor by betraying a faithful pathfinder. Then he brings the blade down in a mighty blow.

[Ooc]move action to draw
5' step
Swift action to challenge (+2 damage and DR/1 vs. Zaul; -2 AC vs. everyone else)
Standard to attack[/dice]

katana, challenge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
slashing: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Wizard(Evoker)/3 [HP: 14/17] [Init: +2; Perc: +8] [AC: 12+/12/10+] [saves: 3/3/4] [CMB: +1; CMD: 13/11] [Force Missile used: 1/7] [Signet Ring used: 0/1] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor; Shield ]

Savadore moves 5' and fires a Force Missile at Zaul...

Force damage vs. Zaul: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Force Missile:
Force Missile (Sp): As a standard action you can unleash a force missile that automatically strikes a foe, as magic missile. The force missile deals 1d4 points of damage plus the damage from your intense spells evocation power. This is a force effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Don't forget everyone has +1 morale to saves and +5 temp HP


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

One Pathfinder's blade slices into the remaining villain. Another strikes with bolts of force. Zaul falls to the ground, defeated and dying.

COMBAT OVER

Suddenly, the library around you appears to shimmer, the items within begin to slightly distort, as the vision wavers.

Eylysia smiles at you all, observing, “That went differently this time."

The gnome's form, too, begins to shimmer and distort, as if being slowly drawn away, but not before a smile can be seen clearly on her face.

"I like this ending better...” Eylysia's words seem to echo even after her body fades from view.

As her words reverberate within your mind, you are instantaneously overcome by a flash of insight, which you know with certainty must be the past’s true events:

You see an injured Zaul fleeing the battle, abandoning the others as he disappears into the strange mist swirling around the library.

Only one of Eylysia’s companions remains visible. The gnome wizard
Fimbrik the Illusionist, sends a crackle of spell energy at Veldrid that drops the masked dwarf to the ground where she disintegrates into motes of color that the unstable magic quickly devours.

A badly wounded Helven points his blade at Eylysia and stalks towards the defiant gnome woman.

“Your secrets cannot remain hidden forever!” Eylysia cries, before tapping a foot on the ground and vanishing. The broken strands of magical mist explode in a whirlwind of rainbow light as Eylysia’s vision concludes and the battered old spell finally ends.

As the final vision fades, the you once again find yourselves fully within the present. The library again stands as it did when you first entered. The appearance and form of your bodies are once again solely your own.

Before you stands Kreighton Shaine, shadowed by the two helmed members of the Decemvirate.

"You...experienced a vision of some kind?" Shaine inquires as the two helmed figures looks on with interest.

Dark Archive

Male LN Wayang Samurai/2 - HP 20 - AC 18/T:14/FF:15 - Perception: +7, Darkvision - Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: -1; +2 vs. Shadow school spells - CMB: +5, CMD 18 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +3

The wrinkled gray thing nods solemnly. He says there is much dishonor in the history of the Pathfinder society; members of the decemvirate attacked Eylisia as she tried to share her findings.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Ranger 2 HP 20/20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +2 Effects:

Waggi finally stands, cautiously as the normally friendly mutt still lingers nearby. "Good thing you ended that or I was going to put my axe through your dogs skull!" He barks, clearly annoyed and in some pain.

Are we still injured here? Or was that 'dreamland' where injuries don't count...

"Aye, the spirits came to us. The spirit of Eylysia the gnome and her friends. We fought you.." He points to the helmeted ones and nods with a smile "And WE won while YOU lost. The gnome woman's spirit was happy with the victory. Her secrets ready to be shared for all to see..." He starts rehashing the battle and how the woman and her friends were being murdered.

The Concordance

F Sylph 2 | Aprentice | 3-Skymaster Druid
Tag:
CN Sylph F Druid 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 19; TC 14; FF 15 | CMB +3; CMD 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +7 | Init +6 | Perc: +8; 20 ft

Looking very apologetically at the venture captain, "We...we didn't know...did we even have a choice in there...we were only doing what we had to..."

The timid sylph listens as Waggi recounds the events that just unfolded. When he finishes, "Was that...were were experiencing the events of the past?"


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Waggi wrote:
Are we still injured here? Or was that 'dreamland' where injuries don't count...

The scenario doesn't say. As it was a vision and you "inhabited" other bodies, I am going with uninjured, though as a practical matter it doesn't matter.

Veilblade wrote:
The wrinkled gray thing nods solemnly. He says there is much dishonor in the history of the Pathfinder society; members of the decemvirate attacked Eylisia as she tried to share her findings.

Upon hearing Veilblade's account, the two masked Decemvirate members appear to listen intently, yet say nothing. Instead, they turn towards each other as though sharing a silent conversation.

Waggi wrote:
"Aye, the spirits came to us. The spirit of Eylysia the gnome and her friends. We fought you.." He points to the helmeted ones and nods with a smile "And WE won while YOU lost. The gnome woman's spirit was happy with the victory. Her secrets ready to be shared for all to see..." He starts rehashing the battle and how the woman and her friends were being murdered.

If the two Decemvirate are offended by being equated with the villains in the vision, they do not show it. Instead, in strangely neutral voices produced through the magic of their helms, one member of the Decemvirate replies, “These secrets have remained hidden for too long—from the Decemvirate and the Society both."

"In doing so," the helmed figure continues, "the organization defamed an upstanding agent. What we have learned here grants us an opportunity to correct past crimes."

Ynam wrote:
"Was that...were were experiencing the events of the past?"

One of the Decemvirate nods solemnly in reply, then says, "Well done, Pathfinders.” With that, the the two masked figures turn and head for the door.

As they exit the library, Kreighton Shaine steps forward, looking pleased. "Yes, excellent work, Pathfinders." he says.

"It would seem that you were experiencing the events of the past, at least in a way." he continues. "Although the Decemvirate’s identities were magical hidden, it appears that Eylysia, along with some of her hand-picked allies, had pieced together many indirect clues that let her identify several of the leaders of the Decemvirate. She was dismayed. Although she considered several to be upstanding visionaries and had been rising stars of the Society, several others she believed had reprehensible records of deceit, abuse, recklessness, or even betrayal. She was appalled that such ne’er-do-wells were to lead the Society and be responsible for shaping its future."

"She, and her allies, sought out evidence to allow them to better understand the helms’ powers, to call out corrupt Decemvirate members, and see them replaced. Her investigations took her to the locations referenced in her notes."

"Upon returning to Absalom, she made sure to hide away her most sensitive notes before laying an ambush to confront the first Decemvirate wrongdoer with her proof. Her investigations had already attracted her foes’ attention, and rather than one leader, all three appeared in force to take the bait. What should have been a verbal clash instead became a lethal combat. By the end, one of the Decemvirate was dead, and another was terribly wounded. But so too had several of Eylysia’s companions been killed, and the gnome herself was forced to flee the Society, never to be heard from again/"

"Yet, it would seem, not before she was able to hide a latent message that the Decemvirate could never uncover." he notes with a smile. "A latent message that, it would appear, you all have experienced."

"You have done well, indeed, Pathfinders." Kreighton Shaine concludes. "Now, go and get some rest. The Society will soon have more tasks for each of you."

FIN

Thank you all for playing! Please provide any Day Job rolls on the Discussion thread. I believe I cobbled together the other PC chronicle info I need earlier to report the game, but having it all in the Discussion thread would help me get Chronicle sheets up a bit sooner. I plan to have them posted by the end of the week.

251 to 268 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's PFS Quests - What the Helms Hide (10-16)(PbP)(Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.