Skyfall- An Only war story

Game Master Solar27

Map of current fight
This is a Warhammer 40K story set on the world of Skyfall, where 5,000 years ago demons and angels warred in the heavens and broke the sky. Now pieces of that war rain down upon the land and you are the Scavanger teams sent to reclaim those pieces of lost technology that might survive, from an area called the Skybreak.

This is your life and it's not an easy one, the Skybreak takes as much as it gives but it gave you hope of better times.

At least it did, until they came


551 to 600 of 623 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Ogryn

Duncan lays down in a corner and starts to nap.


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Seeing Jak take an interest in the logs, Notch also reads them.

Willpower 36: 1d100 ⇒ 17

Seeing Jak comply, he shoves the tech-priest while shouting:

"There was a data daemon in the equipment! Jak, snap out of it!"

Strength 28: 1d100 ⇒ 35


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Willpower vs 27: 1d100 ⇒ 10.
NICE! Thanks, Notch!

The sharp movement forces Jak to stagger to the side and jolts his mind out of its carefully guided path. It is enough. Several of the failsafes inside his cranial circuitry engage and Jak's mind is once again under his own control.

Shaking his head to clear it, Jak turns to Notch, "Gratitude, Notch. I am unsure why the request of that thing seemed so logical." Jak turns back to the communication console and reverses any steps he took in preparation of sending this daemon to another system. "Notch, please drape something over that console so that others do not succumb. I would prefer not to destroy it."

Is there a way to open communications to the other ship without letting the data daemon out?


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Any time, Jak!", Notch says, silently thankful that he was able to stop disaster in time.

He looks for something to drape over the console.

Whew!


Forbidden lore archtech at -40 or any warp related forbidden lores at +0 would tell you if it's safe. Otherwise you have no idea


only forbidden lore i have is psykers, assuming that wouldn't count?


You can try at a - 10 otherwise the answer is burn everything


forbidden lore psykers: 1d100 ⇒ 80

yup, burn it.

Best to be rid of it in my opinion.


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"So, we burning this? Or blowing it up?"


Ogryn

Duncan snorts as he is roused by the words blowing it up...


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"If drapping over it is enough to protect us we can leave it for a more experienced and provisioned salvage team to cleanse and collect."


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Fair enough. So long as we don't have it bite us in the behind later. So, how about we contact the Reckless Dawn?"


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak stands for a long moment trying to determine if the comm system is clean enough to safely use. He would not willingly corrupt another machine with this creature's taint.

Int 48 -40(difficulty) +20(cranial implant)
Forbidden Lore(Archeotech) vs 28: 1d100 ⇒ 70.

Unable to verify if communication alone would corrupt the receiving station, Jak is forced to rely on hope. "I hate to rely on hope alone, but I am forced to in this case. The creature infesting this ship's systems required help to transfer itself to the other ship above. Logic tells me that communication alone should not corrupt the receiving station. I will contact the Reckless Dawn."

Activating the broadcast system, Jack tries to establish communication with the Reckless Dawn. <<Reckless Dawn. This is Jak Sunnajak of the Steel Seekers, aboard the wreck of the Omnissiah's Wraith. We are beset by mutant-tainted forces and large green mutants. A large .. mutant beast is devouring our city. Who or what are Helldivers, and how large of a save drop zone do they require. Any assistance is welcomed.>>


<<I hate working with savages. The Elysian 13th “Helldivers” Drop Troops are our company of troops, specialized in deploying behind enemies lines from obit, as in from the sky.
The large mutant beast is some kind of Tryannid .. frigate? It's a alien living ship. But it fly's through space not water.

As for your question about a drop zone, the Helldivers have informed me that 'safe' is neither required nor appreciated>>


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak keys the Vox to Lord Dominatus' position, <<Steel Seekers calling for Lord Dominatus. I have established communication with the Reckless Dawn. Helldivers seem to some kind of orbital drop troops. Do you wish to provide them with a drop location?>>


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Notch waits in anticipation, though ready to start shooting the console if the drape rises off.


<<Domoninastrum here. Request that they send their forces to relieve the city of Defiance, specifically the engine-seers factors in north-west quadrant and that they send a lightly escorted envoy to me for further discussion.>>


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"Is it just me or are they a bit... rude? Why are they calling us savages." Krevlor whispers to the others


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

"It is a matter of perspective, Krevlor. We live on the surface of this world with no knowledge of or capability for travel outside our own atmosphere. To them we are as savages. But you are correct, his prejudice did introduce inefficiency into our communication. In the interest of swift and efficient communication, I shall refrain from doing the same."

Jak turns back to the comm console and keys the transmitter once more, <<Reckless Dawn, Helldiver support requested in defense of the city of Defiance; the one being eaten by the Tyranid organism. Primary objective to defend the engineseers factory in the north-west quadrant of the city. My Lord Dominastrum also requests an in-person conference with representatives from the Helldivers near the base of this portion of the wreck of the Omnissiah's Wraith. Can you obtain a lock on these locations, or shall I provide you with planetary coordinates?>>


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Notch shrugs.

"So long as they kill that *thing* eating the city, a few name can be forgiven!"


<<Of course I don't need coordinates. Dispatching Helljumpers now. Welcome to the Imperium>>


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak permitted himself a small satisfaction at needling the self-righteous prick. None of that showed in his voice, however, as he responded over the comm net, <<Acknowledged, Reckless Dawn. Thank you for the assistance.>>

Jak speaks into the vox once more, <<Lord Dominastrum, this is the Steel Seekers. Reckless Dawn confirms that Helldivers are being dispatched to Defiance. They also said something curious: 'Welcome to the Imperium.'>>


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Beats me.", Notch says.


Should we warn them of the data demon? Perhaps they are more equipped for dealing one it? Davien offers to the others.


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Yeah sure, why not?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"Welcome to the Imperium! These offworlders are very rude. By the God Emperor's Divine Extra Appendages do they think so little of us?"


Jak's vox unit cracklys into life. The sounds of las fire comes through
<<This is the Hammers of the Lewd, to all near by squads. We are under attack. Send reinforcement to Macro cannon 24D. We are//
The line suddenly cuts out and the signal is lost


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Well, frack. Losing that would look bad for us. We should probably help out the Hammers. Or at least avenge them."


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak will key the comm unit to communicate with the Reckless Dawn once more, <<Reckless Dawn, this is Steel Seekers. Be advised: do not attempt a data connection the the wreck of the Omnissiah's Wraith. According to her logs, her systems are corrupted by a Data Daemon. We have to move to support other units inside the Wraith. I am going to disable this comm unit permanently to try and prevent the Daemon's egress at the hands of someone else after we leave. Steel Seekers out.>>

Jak pauses for a moment to see if the Dawn will respond.


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"At least I can help with this... that said the Hammers weren't inexperienced, whatever is giving them trouble will be a threat." He carefully moves over and gingerly pokes Dunc's boot before stepping back.

"Wake up Dunc, time to go fight some monsters!"


Ogryn

Duncan rouses himself and finds his feet.

"We need break thing now?"


<<Data what? Don't waste my time with your superstitious nonsense. Reckless Dawn out>>

As you make your way down towards Macro cannon 24D the vox cracks again
<<This is Lord Dominastrum to all forces. The enemy main force has broken through the rear guard and will be out of the tree line in under 10 rels. Man and secure all external defenses. Show no quarter>>

Let me know if your make any special preparation before you get back to the cannon and what your approach is like


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

"The Lewd Hammers are under attack and asking for help. Ready to smash some mutties?"

Krevlor is up for rolling out.


Ogryn

"K, we go smash dem good." Duncan smiles at Krevlor as he hefts his ripper into a ready position. He looks over to Val for confirmation that his answer was correct. Her nod reassures him all is right with the world.


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Jak shrugs, the keys the vox once more, <<Lightning Lances, this is Steel Seekers. De-energize circuits to Communications Hub A. I say again, de-energize Communications Hub A.>>

Turning from the comm equipment, Jak glances over at the log console and wonders if he should smash the machines here. He shudders at his blasphemous thoughts, Though they are taineted by something...

Finally shaking himself free of dark thoughts, he turns to join the rest of the Steel Seekers as they depart Communications Hub A.

******
Approaching Macro Cannon 24D, Jak will use his Auspex to try and pinpoint any hostiles and help them make the most of their approach.

Tech Use vs 58: 1d100 ⇒ 19, 5 DoS.


1d100 ⇒ 48
Jak detects 2 warm bodies in the cannon room and 3 cooling ones.
One of the bodies moves forward and drop to the floor, it's temperature now cooling


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

Krevlor keeps his longlas handy as they approach the macrocannons. "My hab block for a flamer..."


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

"Auspex indicates five heat signatures. Four are cooling rapidly, one seems to be stable. Stay alert."

Lasgun ready, servo-arm poised, Jak approaches the macro-cannon chamber.


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

"Let's do this!", Notch says, holding his lasrifle tightly.


Initaitve:

Enemy: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Notch: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Krevlor: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Jak: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Ducan: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Davien: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Order is:
Jak,
Notch,
Krevlor
Enemies
Ducan
Davien

As you all enter the room you see the bodies Hammers of the Lewd spread across the floor.
One survivor is hiding behind a makeshift barricade of boxes. He sees you.
"Take cover yo", as he speaks to you there is a soft coughing sound and half of his face disappears and he falls over dead.
1d100 ⇒ 40

Awareness with 2 or more degrees of success:

There are 3 snipers in the room with needle rifles
For details of where see this map


Ogryn

1d100 ⇒ 26 Nope


| 1 IP | 2 CP WS 31 BS 36 S 28 T 26 Ag 54 Int 34 Per 35 Wp 36 Fel 28 Wounds: 10/10 | Fatigue: 0 | Critical Damage: None | Fate Points 0/1 | Init +4 | Armour 4 body, 4 head and arms|

Awareness with auspex beeping 55: 1d100 ⇒ 54

Notch rushes into the room, seeking cover to move into!


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Per 36 +20(auspex)
Awareness vs 56: 1d100 ⇒ 64.

Jak rushes into the room, trying to asses from the kill patterns of the Hammers what direction they were attacked from. Using what he can deduce from the dead, He moves into the best cover he can manage.


per1-30: 1d100 ⇒ 57

Davien moves back outside the room, keeping his back to wall next to the door.

Holy f$*&! His head just exploded!

would psyniscience be of any use in enemy detection?


Maybe. It won't let you find exact locations and you might see some f#!%ed up s!@~ in the process


Medic. FP: 0/1, Wounds 9/9. TB: 3. Armour: 4.

Krevlor dives into some cover near the door. After a heartbeat "Diane get over here... by the God Emperor do you want to die?"
Awareness: 1d100 ⇒ 82


Rolls and stuff:

1d100 ⇒ 77
1d100 ⇒ 34
1d100 ⇒ 73
1d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (3) + (9) = 12
Toxic: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Target: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Stealth: 1d100 ⇒ 4
Stealth: 1d100 ⇒ 98
Stealth: 1d100 ⇒ 76

There are 3 soft coughs, as 2 dark figures lean around corners and fire at the group. Range 18, covered behind walls giving them +4 armour on the legs and chest
A razor sharp needle is fired toward Jak,
Dodge test at -10 (as you couldn't see them) or take 12 damage to your chest (you have +4 armour from your cover), toxic (5) so if hit make a toughness test at -50 or take 8 damage ignoring toughness or armour)

Awareness at -20:

A 3rd sniper is 23 meters away from you

Map of everything


Ogryn

1d100 ⇒ 47

Duncan rushes forward to provide a bulwark against further fire Bellowing as he charges.

Run 18 down the hall, attackers get -20 BS to hit and +20 WS to hit.


flamebreath,uf,pr3,1-75: 1d100 ⇒ 32 4 dos

Davien takes advantage of the momentary sight of their assailants and unleashes a torrent of fire towards him. Balls of flame arching from his eyes and hands in a fury. He continues trying to take advantage of the wall for cover, back pressed up hard against it.

fb1: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
fb2: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
fb3: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
all with pen 0, flame quality. Targeting closet enemy I can see. staying still, so I think my cloak is active- If the wearer remains stationary, any Ballistic Skill Tests to target him suffer a –30 penalty.


Male Human Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 8/13 | Armor rating: (Body 6)(Head 4)(Arms/Legs 2) | Fate: 3/3 |

Ag 35 -10(difficulty)
Dodge vs 25: 1d100 ⇒ 35.

Jak tries to flinch back out of the way, but without having seen them before they fired, he had no chance to avoid the attack, and he feels the impact directly in the armour covering his chest.

Chest armour: 6
Cover: +4
Toughness Bonus: 3
Total mitigation: 13

No damage taken. Which is good. Because I cannot make that toughness test on anything other than a 1...

Awareness vs 16: 1d100 ⇒ 35.

Grateful for the boxes behind which he crouched, Jak pulls out the needle embedded in his armor with slightly shaking fingers. His voice is calm, however, "They are using needle weapons. Almost certainly poisoned. Do not get hit. There are at least three of them. Two are 18 meters ahead, behind those crates. I have not identified the location of the third."

551 to 600 of 623 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skyfall-An Only war story All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.