DM Brainiac's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet
Current Date: 17 Pharast, 4719 AR


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,676 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

Ulrich tries to remember and emulate the noble he was supposed to be, so many years ago. He approaches Veena, bows politely, and offers to kiss her hand. "Doctor Ulrich Kurbanov of Ustalav, at your service." He makes sure to look her up and down to show interest in her. Kamosh transforms into a Nosoi and bows as well. "And this is Kamosh, my familiar."

"Precentor Martial of Magic, Lady Heliu. Your words spark inspiration that sets my heart aflame. Too long have we relied on evocation and abjuration on the battlefront. In order to keep our enemies on their toes, we must look to the other schools of magic. I admire your vulnerability to speak your mind in front of these traditionalists."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
I don't plan to make a warning today, just to improve her attitude.


Veena holds out her hand for Ulrich to kiss, regarding him with a carefully neutral expression. He does note a flicker of interest when Kamosh reveals his true form, though.

"I appreciate the kind words, Doctor Ulrich. If only more of Vigil's battle mages shared our sentiments. Are you planning on staying in the city long? Perhaps when the festivities are over, we can sit down together and talk strategy."


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

"Alas, my stay in Vigil is tumultuous at best. I am on a diplomatic mission, and may be called back at any time. Nevertheless, I will attempt to meet with you if we both can spare the time. It was a pleasure meeting you, Lady Heliu."

I'm hoping to create a bit of mystery and tension here for future interactions.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Gabbi's face hardens. "I assure you, Ma'am, I have no motive other than the safety of the people of Vigil. We have no evidence other than the testimony of myself and my companions. If you doubt the word of an Inquisitor of Pharasma, then feel free to subject me to truth magic. Do not put the people of this city at risk because you mistrust me."


Rascal: 57/63, 1 neg level. +10, d8+6+trip. |HP: 18/54| AC: 22 (19 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 7/7, 3rd: 5/5 | Stun Fist 0/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Channel 4/5 (4d6), Curse of Suffering |

Alessandra meanwhile heads for the Sword Knight, the bundles of papers reclaimed from the Sarenrite monastery in her pack. Waiting patiently until the Sword Knight is less than fully engaged the dhampir slides through the crowd until she can reach out and touch the cleric's arm.

"My Lady Varvatos, may I have a word." She waits for assent before continuing, so quietly that her lips are almost against the Sword-Knight's ear.

"I have just come from Roslar's Coffer and the monastery there. The town has been wiped out by some sort of weapon. We entered the Sarenrite fortress and recovered information that may be vital to the war effort, but it suggests strongly that Vigil may be the next target."

She pauses for a moment to let Sword Knight Varvatos digest this news. "My companions and I are here to help my lady. Is there anything we can do?"


"A pleasure, indeed," Veena says, inclining her head to Ulrich.

***

Ceto continues to scowl at Gabby. "I haven't the time nor the inclination to verify your outlandish claims. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more important matters to attend to." The knight nods curtly and turns away from the inquisitor, uninterested in anything else she might have to say.

**

Second Sword Knight Aylunna Varvatos is a short woman with soft eyes that peer from well-earned crow's-feet. She is dressed in her priestly finery, and her speech focuses upon the importance of faith in daily life and upon relying on the clergy to mediate disputes.

Aylunna nods politely to Alessandra as the oracle approaches. The priestess looks amused at first, but seeing the seriousness in Allie's eyes, she quickly regains her composure. "You speak truly? This is dire news indeed. Tell me what you know of this weapon. What makes you think Vigil might be targeted?"


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Gabriella replays the conversation in her mind, attempting to pinpoint exactly what she did wrong. Not for the first or last time, she berates herself for not having the people skills her sister possesses.

Was there a Diplomacy roll I needed to make there that I mucked up?

Hoping that the others are having better luck, she sets out to locate them.


Nope, Ceto is just not very nice. Maybe if you had some concrete proof to show her... :P


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Concrete proof that the town was destroyed? Not sure what form that proof would ... Ah. I get it. I've met the type.


Rascal: 57/63, 1 neg level. +10, d8+6+trip. |HP: 18/54| AC: 22 (19 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 7/7, 3rd: 5/5 | Stun Fist 0/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Channel 4/5 (4d6), Curse of Suffering |

"It seems to be some sort of massive energy weapon." Allie explains. "Everything dies in a matter of seconds and all that's left behind is heavily mutated plant life. As to Vigil... strategy suggests it." She tries to channel her sister here, she doesn't have the first idea what 'strategy suggests', "And we have had advice from a source of our own whose information I trust." As far as I can throw her... it...


Aylunna's frown deepens. "You must scour the city, then, to try to find out if the threat to Vigil is real. Do you suspect enemy agents are at work here now? If we knew who they were, it might be easier to root them out."


Rascal: 57/63, 1 neg level. +10, d8+6+trip. |HP: 18/54| AC: 22 (19 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 7/7, 3rd: 5/5 | Stun Fist 0/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Channel 4/5 (4d6), Curse of Suffering |

"I'll bring you anything we can find." Alessandra replies with a short bow. "Is there a temple of Sarenrae in the city? I should return what we have found to them."


Aylunna nods respectfully. "Yes, of course. There are many Sarenites in the city. The temple would be grateful to have their property returned." The priestess provides directions to the temple.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

As Alessandra converses with Aylunna, Gabriella approaches. She remains silent as the woman gives directions to the local temple to Sarenrae.

"It seems that you fared better than I," she says with a grimace. "Remember Sister Luttonia? 'Prove that you were sick yesterday!'" she says, mimicking the woman's voice. "Well, she had nothing on Malderra."


Rascal: 57/63, 1 neg level. +10, d8+6+trip. |HP: 18/54| AC: 22 (19 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 7/7, 3rd: 5/5 | Stun Fist 0/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Channel 4/5 (4d6), Curse of Suffering |

"Sounds like someone to stay clear of." Allie replies without inflection. "I'm going to the temple." She walks off without another word, but also without outright rejecting her sister's company...

Rascal trots at her heels, very excited by this new place with all the smells and other interesting things!


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Gabbi follows along behind, content to simply be close.


Allie and Gabby head to the temple of Sarenrae. The priests gratefully offer a reward for the relics rescued from the Bastion of Light outside Roslar's Coffer. There are numerous other merchants and vendors around the city where you can buy and sell the gear you have acquired.

You can still try to approach Venture-Captain Evni Zognoss of the Pathfinder Society or retired Reliquary Guard Ranton Gandry to try to court their favor. Or you can start exploring the city looking for leads.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

"There has to be someone in this city that will take this threat seriously," Gabbi grouses as they finish up at the church of Sarenrae. "Let's talk to the Pathfinders."


As the afternoon wears on, you track down the venture-captain of the Pathfinder Society's lodge in Vigil. Evni Zongnoss is a motherly gnome woman who looks like a fortune-teller. She wears an elaborate turban that matches her oversized robe, and both are decorated with crescent moons and butterflies. She speaks about acknowledging and learning from mistakes of the past, timely topics for the Whiteblade Festival.

When you approach after her speech, she smiles warmly. "May Desna smile upon you, friends. How can I help you?"


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Gabbi glances at her sister before beginning to explain what's happened at Rostler's Coffer. Once she's reached the conclusion of her rather dry account, she gestures around at the crowds.

"So our concern is that if they were testing it there, then they plan to use it somewhere else and this would be the most likely target. We also have suspicions that Tar-Baphon's seneschal, Gildais has escaped imprisonment and is here somewhere."


Evni is initially skeptical of your report, but by the time Gabbi finishes, the gnome has a thoughtful look on her face. "You may be on to something here. Dire happenings in remote places sometimes herald future trouble."

Upon hearing Gildais's name, Evni's expession turns to a frown. "Gildais, as in Jomah Gildais? He was an Ustalavic count whom the Whispering Tyrant hurled into the Negative Energy Plane. Gildais eventually returned as some sort of powerful undead creature and served as Tar-Baphon’s seneschal. He was sealed in Gallowspire along with the Whispering Tyrant, but I, too, have heard rumors that he has recently escaped. He's likely an agent for the Tyrant and not someone to be trifled with; if he's active around Vigil, I would encourage you to proceed with caution."

She taps her chin. "Come to think of it, I once overheard Ranton Gandry saying the name 'Gildais' when talking about his mother. I suspect it's a coincidence, but you may want to check with him."


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

"Ranton Gandry, the retired Reliquary Guard?" Gabbi asks. "Do you know where we could find him?"


"I believe he will be wrapping up his own speech at that pavilion in just a few minutes' time," Evni says, gesturing across the plaza.


Rascal: 57/63, 1 neg level. +10, d8+6+trip. |HP: 18/54| AC: 22 (19 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 7/7, 3rd: 5/5 | Stun Fist 0/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Channel 4/5 (4d6), Curse of Suffering |

"We'll go then. Thank you." Allie adds, disengaging Rascal who has become enamoured of the gnomes' scarfs.

"So the Pathfinder and the Sword Knight are taking this seriously." She sums up as the twins recross the square. "The 'Hero' isn't. Better than nothing I suppose."

This is nearly the first conversation she's initiated with her sister since the Incident, and definitely the first that doesn't touch a raw nerve, contain a veiled insult or something of the sort.


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 8 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +7 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 14 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Kamosh takes to the skies as a raven in search of the terrible twins.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

Ulrich wanders around, casually glancing at the people present. It would seem that the city is completely unaware of a necromancer in their midst. This pleases Ulrich. Either Pharasma has not cursed him with an aura of evil, or the guards are idiots. He can work with either.

He starts chatting with the people, asking fairly simple questions. What do they think of the festivities? Are the speeches worth listening to? Is there anything wrong with the city these days?
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


It only takes a few minutes for Kamosh to find the dhampir twins leaving Venture-Captain Evni's tent.

Meanwhile, the locals Ulrich talk to all seem to be enjoying the festivities. Vigil is such a martial city most of the time that the festival is a welcome change of pace. They tell Ulrich that Ceto Maldera's speeches are always the most riveting. It's awe-inspiring to be in the presence of such a great hero! They don't think anything is wrong with the city.


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 8 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +7 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 14 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Kamosh perches on Gabriella's shoulder while singing the familiar nosoi haunting tune.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

"Go tell Ulrich where we're at," she says to the psychopomp in a casual tone. "He may wish to join us. Could you find the others as well?"


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 8 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +7 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 14 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Smart bird!

Kamosh gets the gist of what Gabriella wants, and makes a little 'whip-poor-will' before taking off again. He starts by finding Elka, then Ellie, and finally the old goat.

Each time he lands, he points and hops in the direction of the terrible twins.


Kamosh gathers the group as you approach Rantom Gandry. Ranton is a tall, rail-thin man who walks with a stout cane. He wears the spotless white uniform of a reliquary guard and carries a well-polished halberd. Ranton is being honored at the festival as a wounded military veteran and he speaks about the importance of service.

After the speech, Ranton greets you eagerly. "Well met, friends! What can I do for you?"


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

"We wish to speak to you about a possible threat to Vigil," Gabbi says, doing her best to appeal the man's sense of duty. "The small village of Rostler's Coffer to the south has been entirely destroyed by a weapon created by the Whispering Way. We have reason to believe that they may move on to Vigil as their next target. We also suspect that Tar-Baphon's seneschal, Gildais, is somewhere in the city."


Ranton listens sympathetically when you talk about the destruction of Roslar’s Coffer and asks to hear the whole story. He seems quite concerned.

When you mention Gildais, Ranton’s face falls. "I have heard that name before. It's quite embarrassing, actually. Two years ago, my mother became very ill, and a gnome named Kilibrandt appeared on our doorstep offering a cure. She said that it would be expensive but that her patron Gildais would see to it that all the costs were covered. Sure enough, my mother improved almost immediately. In exchange, Kilibrandt wanted to privately examine the Shattered Shield of Arnisant in the Crusader War College. I felt I owed Kilibrandt for saving my mother, so I agreed. My subordinate, a woman named Doeswen Aubry, insisted that she spotted Kilibrandt stealing the artifact, but since the artifact was still there after Kilibrandt left, it clearly hadn’t been stolen.

"To keep the matter quiet and to silence Doeswen’s protests that something unusual had happened, I pulled some strings to get Doeswen reassigned to the Northgate Road way station outside of town. I have been feeling increasingly guilty about this and I worry that Doeswen may have been right in thinking that something was amiss about
Kilibrandt’s visit. Especially now, if the gnome's patron was really the same Gildais! You should head to Northgate and speak to Doeswen right away!"


Rascal: 57/63, 1 neg level. +10, d8+6+trip. |HP: 18/54| AC: 22 (19 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: 8(10), CMD: 24(26) | F:+7, R:+11, W:+7 | Init: +2 | Blf +10, Dip +15, Itm +10, Perc: +1, Spcft +9, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd: 7/7, 3rd: 5/5 | Stun Fist 0/1, Kin Bond 1/1 | Active conditions: Life Spirit, Channel 4/5 (4d6), Curse of Suffering |

"How do we get there?" Allie asks, all business when a lead materialises in front of them.

"We need to track down this Kilibrandt too." She says, once the group has moved away from Ranton. "Sounds like a thief to me. Find this Doeswen first, and then we can find them."


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Gabbi nods in agreement with her sister.


Many fortified way stations guard the highways and waterways of Lastwall, beacons of civilization that bring order to the wilderness. Ranton Gandry directs you to one such fortification, the Northgate Road way station, a few miles outside of Vigil. It is situated at a natural choke point within a series of winding canyons. Th

An imposing brick wall 30 feet tall blocks passage through this canyon. Three corpses hang from ropes tied to the wall’s crenellations, twisting slowly and staining the wall a gruesome red. Beneath the dangling corpses, a portcullis gate 20 feet high and 15 feet wide stands closed. A whitewashed stone building looms on a bluff to the east.

Heal DC 20 or Perception DC 25:
The central corpse isn’t actually dead, as his feeble kicks barely distinguish him from the swaying of the two genuine corpses on either side.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Gabbi points out that the figure in the middle isn't actually dead ... yet.

Any idea if the hanging of corpses is SOP for these folks? Or are we walking into something ugly?


The latter. The people hanging wear the tabards of low-ranking Knights of Ozem...


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

"Do you have any plans to save the middle one? I cannot say I aspire to get involved with the Knights of Ozem."


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

If this is defensive for Vigil, are we on the inside or the outside? In other words, is there a way to get to the stone building from this side of the portcullis?


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

Convincing Ulrich to use two 4th level spell slots to teleport there in order to save a Knight of Ozem won't be easy.


The iron portcullis is closed (hardness 10, hp 60, lift DC 25), preventing easy access to the burnt yard visible beyond it which has stairs leading up. The fortified wall is smooth and difficult to climb (Climb DC 25). The cliff walls on either side are slightly easier to scale (Climb DC 22), but any attempt to climb the cliffs will create a clatter of falling rocks that might alert nearby enemies.


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

"We're already supposed to be getting in bed with the Knights," Gabbi says in annoyance. "Well, at least trying to save them," she amends. "Can you get us to the other side of this gate?"

She looks up at the single struggling figure.

"And sooner would be better if we want them still alive."

detect evil on the hanging figures.


The figure is not evil.


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

"Yes, but I do not want to be the one bedding knights." Ulrich grimaces and groans. "I might have a self teleportation spell prepared, but it would be costly..."

Hey while you've got that detect evil up, glance over at Ulrich. Does he have an aura?


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

She checks periodically - that doesn't mean she's going to tell you. ;)

"I think that he would say that it would be worth it," she snaps, pointing up at the figure still struggling.


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

"People die every day. I cannot, and should not, attempt to save every soul I pass by. Especially ones who may choose to smite me the moment they open their eyes."


Male Nosoi Psychopomp Familiar 8 | HP 22/22 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +6* Wi +7 | Init +3 | Perc +11 l CMD 14 l Speak w/Dead 3/3 l Hide 1/1 l Sound 1/1 l Melody 14/14 l Current Effects:

Kamosh starts pecking the back of Ulrich's head.

NL peck: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 4 = 24
Dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Female Dhampir Inquisitor 8 | HP 20/43 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +12 | Init +9 | Perception +18, low-light vision, darkvision | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 3/3 | Judgements: 2/3 | Bane: 4/8 | Twin Save Reroll: 1/1

"Ulrich," Gabbi begins, her voice growing tight as she grinds her teeth together. "If you have a way to get us past this gate, do it. Now."


Male Human Necromancer 8 | HP 44/44 (2NL) (17 Temp)| AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | Ft +5* Rf +4 Wi +10 | Init +4 | Perc +9 l CMD 13 l Control 7/7 l Bolster 8/8 (+2) l Lifesense 8/8 l Current Effects:

"Fine! But you better help me if I get attacked. This only works one way, and I do not have any other tricks up my sleeve. And quit pecking! You will make me lose concentration."

Ulrich grumbles a spell passive-aggressively and casts Dimension Door to send him above the crenelation where the half-dead man is hanging.

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,676 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.