GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


651 to 700 of 1,258 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Good deal, then we can defer that for now and hold onto it. Apparently waving it in front of his face was effective :)

Telos will scan the northern door of that room off of the stairs, between the east-west hallways.

Perception, traps?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Cast detect magic on door

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Pietro steps forward, clears his roughly, and opens his mouth--
The halls are taken back by the sheer level of detail coming out of the cleric's lips. He presents each detail with a finesse, his words almost turning to song as they escape his breath. And then everyone realises that he's just drunk, and probably made everything up.

Pietro was just going to bellow at the baron like an angry bull walrus, hence his face's angry shade of purple. I didn't finish because I was hoping someone would tackle him from behind before he started.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:

Floor 3 - The Enigma Vaults

Somewhere in your research on the next floor, one of you comes across a fun little piece of literature.

"It's called a 'Tijuana bible'. There are lot's of dirty pictures inside." Pietro says sagely.

GM Tealk wrote:
Nothing bad is on this floor, I promise.

The cleric keeps his eyes on the ceiling.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:


GM Tealk wrote:
Nothing bad is on this floor, I promise.
The cleric keeps his eyes on the ceiling.

Pietro very patiently moves forward, eyes glued to the celling, seemingly averting them from the books and the knowledge they possess. He looks down, at brief moments, only to make sure he is walking following the party and not to trip over. He walks along, right as Telos opens the door which he checks thoroughly for traps first, revealing a magical room. The rest of the party watch, as Pietro walks forward into the room, and stares at the ceiling in awe. Insert punch line here.

The stars painted on the central floor constitute a map of the night sky—a star chart that places Golarion’s solar system at the center and dozens of other smaller stars in the outlying reaches. A phrase is carved in Azlanti over the western doors.

Written in Azlanti.:
A phrase is carved in Azlanti over the western doors: “Behold and Wonder, for Beyond Lie Enigmas!”

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

I guess we’re going to be asked a bunch of riddles. Or, that a bunch of riddles are going to try to kill us. Shall we?

Telos motions for the group to proceed forward, checking the far door to the south.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Cast detect magic, scan the door

He doesn’t feel confident in his look over the door and motions at the elf.

Why don’t I let you take point on these?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
Pietro very patiently moves forward, eyes glued to the celling, seemingly averting them from the books and the knowledge they possess. He looks down, at brief moments, only to make sure he is walking following the party and not to trip over. He walks along, right as Telos opens the door which he checks thoroughly for traps first, revealing a magical room. The rest of the party watch, as Pietro walks forward into the room, and stares at the ceiling in awe. Insert punch line here.

"Oh my stars and garters... IT'S FULL OF STARS!" Pietro says in an amazed bellow.

Telos Downshot wrote:
I guess we’re going to be asked a bunch of riddles. Or, that a bunch of riddles are going to try to kill us. Shall we?

"WHAT!? You mean that squiggly stuff!? BAH! It's just a bit of decoration! You know, to liven up this tomb!"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"I think we may be the only thing alive" He then draws his sword and points it to the door. "After you Nan."

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The stinky elf drags himself to the front, eyes darting rapidly in contrast to the rest of his sloth-like movements. He checks the door.

Don't forget about Trap Spotter (Ex) (Rogue Talent) [Paizo Inc. - Core Rulebook, p.69] Whenever you come within 10 feet of a trap, you receive an immediate Perception skill check to notice the trap. This check should be made in secret by the GM.

traps?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Confident that there are no traps, he opens the door.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

/me sees natural 1...

You see? It pays to defer to the expert! The rest of us wouldn't be so sure about that door, but Naneryn has our backs! It's not like he wants to die or something...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Yep, there are no traps here, only dusty books and old writing. No one is going to try to comprehend languages? Alright then...I have updated your locations on the map where I see yourselves standing at the time.

Confident in your investigation of this room, you all move to open it. The ornate doors are well crafted, and seem to be remarkably polished - as if recently. The stars sparkle in this false sky, as if they were really there.

The doors wring open into a large room. This thirty-foot-diameter room seems something like a silo—the domed ceiling rises twenty feet above, and the floor drops away into darkness below. A ten-foot-wide stone bridge with no railings crosses the shaft to a hall and door in the opposite side, yet a onefoot-wide gap separates the bridge from either hall. Below, two additional archways lie in the north and south walls of the shaft, thirty feet below the level of the upper entrances.

The floor of this room is 60 feet below the level of the hallways above you. You are standing somewhere in the middle, roughly 30 feat from the bottom. The walls of the room are relatively smooth, but can be scaled with a successful DC 20 Climb check. The ground below is hard and littered with numerous rotted and skeletal goblin bodies—unfortunates who wandered too far from their territory. The bridge in the middle of the room is supported by a single 10-foot-wide pillar that extends down from its center to the floor below.

As you saw him on the first floor, in the silent tombs of The Accursed Halls, one of Nhur Athemon’s original guardians still stands sentinel here—a f lickering, ghostly image of Nhur-Athemon’s demonic patron, Abraxas. The figure appears as a vaguely humanoid monster with the deformed head of a fanged bird and two coiling serpents for legs. It immediately turns to face them from its position at the center of the bridge and demands in a language you can only assume is Azlanti. "Nga largimi i të cilëve je kërkojnë Kutitë e Enigmës?"

Azlanti:
By whose leave do you seek the Enigma Vaults?

What do you do?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro scratches himself.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Oh boy, more of this language. Does anybody know it? Naneryn, did you prepare Comprehend Languages this morning?

Telos throw up his hands is useless resignation.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran draws his longsword, "Did anybody get that?"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The image of the God looks disappointed, and repeats himself in Elven.

Elven:
By whose leave do you seek the Enigma Vaults?

I check, and I don’t think anyone here has any way of comprehending languages...? Well this will be fun.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Nope...still no clue." Roran says lowering his sword for the moment. "At least it is not openly hostile"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

The smelly elf's ears perk up when he hears his native tongue. He translates for the party.

He replies, "Indeed! By who's authority do you think?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Well, by the authority of the society, but I'm not sure that'll be satisfactory for him. Um, maybe if we tell him we bested the alchemist in the previous floor?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward flexes initimdatingly unable to add to this much.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

You think you have to reply back in Elven. But I would recommend you think a little harder on what the answer might be.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Maybe he means the creator of this place or maybe the deity that the creator worshipped." Roran says adding his opinion.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos ponders further with his small halfling hand on his small halfling chin.

Technically, we are presently here at the leave of the Baron, but what do the denizens of this place care about him? Or maybe they don't beyond the accuracy of this answer...

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The image, grows restless and impatient. It repeats itself, but this time in Abyssal.

¿A quen licenza busca as Enigma Vaults?

What do you guys do, you think you need to answer this riddle to move forward. Correctly, or incorrectly. I would urge you to think back to your conversation with Krenar the Two Faced on the previous floor. You've all got good ideas, you're on the right track.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Looking back, all I can tell is that he said 'Nhur Athemon' about a hundred times

Believing he has the answer, the over-confident trap-lover blurts out in elven, "Calm down, we were just fooling around. We are acolytes of Nhur Athemon and we are ready to enter the Enigma Vaults" He then stares boldly at the apparition, clearly expecting him to give way.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The image bows deeply, and in Elven, announces, "Then you may pass, Acolytes of The Forever One. Yet touch nothing, lest you be purged. Come forth, and witness his Vaults...”

After a few moments, the image disappears, leaving before you the walkway to the next room. As you move through the room, you feel like something or someone is observing you...as you open the door.

This large cavern is bisected by a 30-foot-deep chasm. A rattylooking rope bridge crosses the eastern ledge to a western one, which winds down to a hallway 20 feet lower. Although the ancient rope bridge looks dangerous, it’s been preserved by powerful magic and remains stable and safe to cross. The surface of this cavern looks like a dried up moon, or at least from what you've read in books. As you enter, a still wind blows as it reveals the bones of various different creatures around the place. Two corpses of two-headed deinonychuses rise from the dusty ground, their rage filled eyes coming to life as they surge forward.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Dinos: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

DC 18 Reigion:
These are advanced variant deinonychus skeleton. They are the remains of an other-worldly creature from another planet. They are undead and have DR bludgeoning!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1 - ♭ Music!
@ Naneryn
@ Seward
!Skeletons
Pietro
Telos
Roran

@ Naneryn and Seward may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro sniffs at the indignity of someone telling him what he can and cannot touch. Then he sees their welcoming committee.

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"They are an advanced form of skeletal deinonychus which means 'terrible claw' (or perhaps breath) in some other dimensional language called 'Latin'. Fortunately these things are undead. I would not be able to tell you what they were if they were not stripped of flesh and attacking us."

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward comes forward with his club in hand - good wood hadnt seen much use in the previous floor but skeletons are skeletons. He comes forward with it drawn and takes a defensive stance (+6 dodge bonus to AC)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The undead beasts rush forward and try to bash up against the ranger.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Foreclaw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 171d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The one across the bridge does a run and jumps across the small chasm.
Acrobatics, jump: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Looking for natural 20s!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2 - ♭ Music!
@ Pietro
@ Telos
@ Roran
@ Naneryn
@ Seward
!Skeletons

@ Everyone may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro smash, but leaves Roran a charge lane.

masterwork morningstar v purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"RORAN! THE PIT!"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"Got it" Roran grabs his morning star off of his belt and charges the skeleton attempting to push it into the pit.

charging bull rush: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
not improved so skeleton gets an AOO vs charging AC. 21

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay, time to take level 4 for a spin...

Telos rushes forward and starts drawing a circle in the air with an index finger. The opposite hand pulls a bit of tallow, brimstone, and powdered iron and drops it through the circle he traced.

A ball of fire appears on the skeledog near seward.

Let's see if they like playing with this!

10', move action
Cast flaming sphere, standard action. Duration 4 rounds. Appear on the red skeledog.

Fire damage on red skeledog, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5

GM: let me know if I need to make a spell resistance roll

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward tries to bash the dinodog with goodwood while continuing to try and tank.

Club Fight Defensively for +3 AC: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 4 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Nan reaches for his holy water only to find he forgot to restock! So instead he pulls out his sword and waits.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As the large cleric steps aside smashing the creature in the skull, the even larger paladin does what he knows best, and deletes the undead creature down the ravine.

Fall: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) = 10

You peer over and watch as the skeleton falls, shattering every bone in it's body onto the cold rock beneath.

The sorcerer cast's a new spell, and everyone feels warmer. Sewards club hits true.

Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The last remaining creature retaliates, but probably all for naught.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Foreclaw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 201d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Talon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3 - ♭ Music!
@ Pietro
@ Telos
@ Roran
@ Naneryn
@ Seward
!Skeleton -7 lethal,

@ Everyone may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran steps up and takes a swing at the other skeletal creature with his cold iron morning star.

Power Attack
cold iron, B/P: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos leaves the flaming sphere where it is at, as the last undead creature seems to not be fleeing it.

Fire damage on red skeledog, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8

He walks out of the passage and settles behind Roran as he controls his new toy.

You know I was sort of hoping it would give chase so that I could practice controlling the movement of this thing. It looks nice so far! Is it keeping you warm Seward?

10’ move action, I can’t update the map at the moment. Total defense, standard action.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Naneryn whistles as he watches the skeleton get pushed off the cliff and cheers at the sounds of cracking bones and crackling fires. Next, he moves to the edge and starts looking for trouble.... I mean looks to see if there is more trouble headed our way. :)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Between the Roran and Telos, you are able to dispatch the last remaining dinosaur. As it falls, and some of the bones still singed from the flames of the sorcerer's spell, a gust of wind ushers a whisper. "Don't be afraid. Come forth." And after a brief moment, it's gone.

You press forward, revealing another set of doors which lead further up and around to the other room above the platform you used to get across. A metal lever protrudes from a stumpy stone pedestal in an alcove here. To the north, the hall opens into a large, silo-shaped chamber.

Map updated. Thoughts, actions? What do you do next.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
To the north, the hall opens into a large, silo-shaped chamber.

"Grain? Down here?" asks the macro-brewer priest.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
"Grain? Down here?" asks the macro-brewer priest.

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Pietro looks down and see's the small white grain sized specs on the bottom of the chamber. What he doesn't realise, is that it's the reflection of the thousands of glistening stars which flicker in and out on the star map on the ceiling.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Earlier, after the battle...

Telos rolls his eyes and sighs in frustration as he snaps his fingers on one hand to dismiss the flaming sphere.

That was not a very thorough test. The least the denizens of this place could do is stay alive long enough to stress my toys!

Later, at the switch further down the passage...

Is the map rotated? Is North to the right?

Hey, can we get the pitiful elf to come get his eyes on this lever? You know, the usual trap concerns. I'll check it for magic.

He aims his arcane eye at the general area of the lever...

Cast detect magic, scanning the lever and any discernible surrounding machinery.

Knowledge (arcana), identify any auras present: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward dutifully switches back to his main weapon and stalks after the stinky elf and waits for the results of the switch tomfoolery.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Helps feels underwhelmed by not being able to test out his new spells well enough, but feels a sinking feeling in his but that he's going to get a good chance to do so very soon.

He casts his arcane mastery through a spell, but detects no magic on the lever. It isn't trapped in any way, mearly the device to bring the bridge up to your level.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

lol, that post was definitely made on a phone :P

Telos shrugs and pulls the lever.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran hooks his morning star back onto his belt before continuing on behind the others.

"I thought that was a good warm up round for us" Roran says half joking. His demeanor goes back to normal as they approach the door and waits for the halfling to pull the lever.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Telos Downshot wrote:

lol, that post was definitely made on a phone :P

Telos shrugs and pulls the lever.

Is it that obvious? Sorry, i'm doing the best with what I have. I've recently changed phones, so still getting used to typing.

Telos pulls the lever, as the team stands behind him ready for what is to come. The room begins to shake and rumble. Dust and debris fills the room, as the bridge begins to ascend slowly up to your level. You watch as it begins to rotate to face parallel to the next room. The whole process takes almost one minute, as over the echo of steel grinding on hard rock you hear the same ominous voice. "Come see, my Enigma."

After the bridge comes to a halt, you feel as though if the presence watching you was not yet aware of your comings - the immense noise you just endured would have woken up the citizens of Thornkeep town hundreds of feet above you.

Thoughts?

You press forward, and cross to the next room. There is a message, written over the doors into the next room, but none of you can read it. As you open the door, this vast, cathedral-like space seems even larger because of its emptiness. Two rows of stone pillars run down the center of the hall, supporting a vaulted ceiling sixty feet above. The east and west walls contain tall alcoves—some hold strange objects or displays, and others sport tall stone doors. To the north, twin stairwells ascend to a raised platform with more alcoves, and a circular stand just south of this platform supports an immense mechanical device.

Your light penetrates this dark chamber, as out of nowhere, a human face appears. Shielding her eyes for a moment before they adjust, a lanky and scared woman in shabby tattered armor stands before you with open arms. In excellent common, she smiles and says. "We welcome you to us, friend. We have not seen visitors come to see us in many moons. Come, join us. We welcome all into our brotherhood. Will you please come inside?"

What would you like to do. Please move yourselves if you walk into the room.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
Is it that obvious? Sorry, i'm doing the best with what I have. I've recently changed phones, so still getting used to typing.

You're fine. I think auto-correct failed you.

Before responding, Telos casts Light so that it's easier to see.

Thank you, what is this brotherhood? Why do you dwell down here in the dark?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Sorry for delay

earlier
Naneryn is more than happy to inspect the lever, adding Detect Poison to the inspection process. Eventually, he shrugs, defeated by the simplicity of the device.

now
The smelly elf peeks around from behind the others at the lady and the chamber. Though he is obviously daunted by the size of the chamber and the thought of having to drag himself all ... they ... way ... across that great length, he is likewise very curious about all the displays and the machine at the other end of the hall.

"Ummm.. I'm sorry, but I could not read the words over the doorway, what do they say?" he asks the lady. He pulls out his Everburning Torch, following Telos's brilliant example ;)

He also moves into the room, crossing to side of the hall opposite the halfling. He stops just past the lady and turns asks her, "What is this?" He is pointing at the display the other lady is looking at. Is she alive or a statue? Does she really have horns and such?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The robed human turns to the smelly elf and smiles. "Those are the priests. We do not need light to see that which is sacred. Your eyes will adjust, as ours have. All are welcome here, inside this chamber. You will join us as children of the Black Goat." He ignores the first part of Nanery's question, but moves further inside the chamber.

DC 12 Local:
The horned creatures are Teiflings. They wear deep black robes and seem to be have no clerical symbols on their person.

DC 25 Religion:
The Black Goat, is reference to Shub-Niggurath, an alien deity of fertility and monsters worshiped by lunatics and worse.

He waves you all inside. "Please, come strangers. What brings you here on such a beautiful evening. We were not expecting friends."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"'Black goat'? BAH!"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

know local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"you say those tieflings are priests but they carry no symbols"

651 to 700 of 1,258 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.