Saga of the Sages

Game Master Nathanael Love

PFS Legal Massive Play through of Mummy's Mask and Scarab Sages scenarios.


901 to 950 of 1,139 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea releases one hand from their greatsword and readies their scarab shield, stepping in front of Ram and taking a defensive position in the face of the enemy still positioned on the roof of the near building.

Move action. Free action (draw shield as part of move action). Standard action - total defense. Drea's AC is +4.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"Don't worry about the sniper, just clear the streets!"

Ignoring allies for cover, @ Red
Shot (IC, RS): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 15
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 23
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Ram puts away his Khopesh and shouts up to the sniper;
"You up there, your friends are running scared. Whoever sent you on this fools' errand did not expect you to live! Come down and we will talk- the alternative is the land of the dead."

Ram is attempting to intimidate the sniper to surrender.
intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

"Running away is pointless," Zarisha moans as she glides after the fleeing thugs. "Nothingness will consume you in the end."

Reaching near the limit of her tether, she swings at the trailing (blue) thug.

Slam 1, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 If hit: Will save DC 12 vs. -2 atk/dmg
B 1, IC: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

As the opponents flee Rogarch drops out of her rage.
Panting a little from the effort she speaks.

"Friends. Do not act out of vengeance. This is not the way."

She shifts her weapon to her gloved hand. She then draws a wand of healing and cures herself.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She is currently fatigued for 2 rounds.


Green Sting Scorpion Bloodline Familiar (Celestial)(Emissary)
Resources:
Heavenly Touch 6/6 Share Will 1/1
| HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16| CMB +6 CMD 10 (22 vs trip) | F +5 R +5 W +3 Improved Evasion| PER +10 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' |Climb +12 Stealth +15|

Helping Hand tries to make the shape of a heart with his tiny pincers but fails miserably. With a shrug he manages a thumbs up.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 4
Ram attempts to intimidate the sniper, but he appears unphased.

Zarisha moves and swings at the fleeing thug, but misses.

Rogarch heals herself.

Drea goes total defense.

Two quick arrows from Penthesilea drops the sniper, and with the Thugs fleeing into the ruins, the skirmish ends.

Status:

Ram- 24/27
Zarisha- 10/14

The thugs/snipers had 2 masterwork longbows, 2 regular long bows, 2 masterwork Khopeshes, 2 regular khopeshes, and padded armor

If you check, at least one of the downed thugs is still alive though bleeding out. . .

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch is quick to disarm the downed thug before healing him with her wand. She is hopeful that they will come back for him.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

With the assumption that the man causes no trouble she takes a masterwork longbow and half of the remaining arrows.

She rushes over to heal Ram before healing herself. She is not quite sure if healing would help or hurt Zarisha.

CLW Ram: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea regards the stabilised thug impassively.

"We should question him, yes?" their voice breathes the question tonelessly.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

"I am curious to learn if this was a random act of banditry or another team trying to sabotage our efforts," Pirro replies to Drea.

He draws Zarisha closer and then draws out his own bone wand, healing the phantom.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

"I thank you for the assistance, the sands of the desert sands have caused more irritation than the scratch, but again I thank you, friend."

Ram gathers himself and trundles over to the wounded thug.
"We should question him, then turn him over to the guards- Horus will judge him"

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

Once the thug's awake

"So. What brings you to the neighborhood?"


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

The thug quivers, groggy from his wounds, and clearly afraid, "Please madam, sir, please! We dinna have nothan agains you, we was just hired to ambush anyone coming this way. We were supposed to stop em from coming to the, the, oh some old temple down the way!'

Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Sense Motive 10:
You question him further, and while he doesn't know the name of the person who hired him, his description leaves no doubt: it was Velriana Hypaxes from the Scorched Hand group that you met the other day in the inn. . .

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

"I have no talent for this," the sylph sighs, losing interest in the pathetic thug.


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

"There is no use hiding things," Zarisha moans as she floats in front of the thug. "Nothingness consumes even the gods in the end!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Ram wrinkles his nose at the groveling of the thug; "By Horus, I believe he has given us as much as he knows." Turning to his new companions he chews thoughtfully on a clove; "Who is Velriana Hypaxes? Is that a name I should be familiar with?"


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

By way of a reminder and update for the new joiners-- Velriana Hypaxes is a member of the Scorched Hand adventuring party. They were overly interested in the Temple of the Erudite Eye. Velriana is female human wizard and the leader of the group, the other members the party had met include: Khelru, a male human cleric of Nethys, Idorii a female half elf martial type, and Azaz Arafe a human male wizard. They are interested in the site because they are all devout followers of Nethys.

You continue to the Temple of the Erudite Eye, your third and final assigned site to archeolige. As you gaze at the temple on your approach. . .

Although the Sanctum’s central nave is symmetrical, the rest of the structure does not conform to traditional architecture, with wings and extensions on both sides that, except for the uniformity of the stonework, appear to have been haphazard additions. A large dome over the apse tops the roof at the north end of the temple. The Sanctum is windowless, and the temple’s exterior walls are carved with likenesses of the Nethys and other celestial figures. Unless otherwise noted, ceilings within the Sanctum are 15 feet high and all of its rooms are dark.

As you enter D1 on the new page 2. . .

No doors block the grand entrance to this building—a wide
flight of steps leads directly up into the temple’s interior. Two
humanoid statues flank the stairs, wearing black-and-white
masks and holding quarterstaves. Just inside the entry, two
rows of columns lead toward an archway in the north wall.
Two smaller passages open to the east and west.

DC 15 Perception (Stonecunning Bonus applies):
You notice that this building is exceptionally well kept compared to the other buildings in the necropolis

DC 10 Knowledge Religion:
The statues are statues of Nethys

DC 14 survival:
there are footprints- at least four humanoid creatures past this ways recently

Six mobile creatures occupy the room besides yourselves! Skeletal Jackals stalk the chamber!

Initiative:

Drea Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Penthesilea Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Pirro Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Ram Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Rogarch Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Zarisha Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Jackals Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Turn Order:
1. Pirro
2. Drea
3. Penthesilea
4. Rogarch
5. Ram

6. Skeletal Jackals
7. Zarisha

ALl but Zarisha can act before the Jackals

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"Man, evil claim-jumping Nethysians. What're the odds?!" Penthesilea glances down at where his two-toned mask hangs from her belt. "You couldn't have given your followers a heads up that this was going to lead to a lot of pointy arrows?!"

***

Aside from recognizing the god who's face she's currently wearing, Penthesilea doesn't make much of the entrance before they're set upon by jackals. That she knows exactly what to do with!

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Survival: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

@Red
Longbow (RS, PBS): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 25
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Longbow (RS, PBS): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 10
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea helps to fill in the newcomers.

"The Scorched Hand has established a reputation as single-minded and ruthless. It would seem that we've not made friends."

Inside the sanctum, Drea attempts to be of use.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Knowledge (Religion) Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Survival Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

"Those are statues of the god of magic," Drea offers as they draw forth their flail.

Stride forward and engage a skeletal jackal.

Melee Attack, Bludgeoning, Adamantine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Zarisha follows along beside Pirro, silently contemplating the futility of life.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"This building seems remarkably well kept for a 'ruin,'" Pirro comments as they approach the temple.

----

Pirro draws his kukri as he moves to fall in behind Drea. He raises his holy symbol of Sarenrae and invokes her divine admonishment against the undead animals.

Channel Positive to Harm Undead: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Move: 10 ft & draw weapon
Standard: Channel, 30 ft burst, DC 11

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Helping Hand touches Rogarch guiding her attack.
Rogarch steps forward bringing down her big hammer on one of the jackals.

Lucerne Hammer (Reach 10'), Guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
confirm crit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
crit damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Bludgeoning damage this time.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1

Pirro channels:
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Two of the creatures crumple to dust, the others taking half damage!

Drea misses.

Penthesilea hits, crushing one, then misses.

Rogarch crushes another with the lucerne hammer.

The last two rush forward at Drea and Rogarch

AOO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Rogarch crushes another as it rushes her!

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 the last one misses Drea!

Turn Order:
1. Pirro
2. Drea
3. Penthesilea
4. Rogarch
5. Ram
6. Skeletal Jackal (singular)
7. Zarisha

[ooc]The whole party can act again before the last sad jackal.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea dodges the jackals' jaws swiftly, wind swirling motes of pulverised bone around their form. The sylph brings their flail down on the remaining skeletal creature.

Melee Attack, Bludgeoning, Adamantine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 CRITICAL THREAT!
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Not a confirmed critical.

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

In conversation on the way to the temple; "By Horus, a rival group. What motives do they have that contradict our own? and What did you do to attract the attention of Hypaxes? "
As they approach the temple Ram quietens down but indicates he wishes to ask more questions at a more appropriate time.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"The temple has not crumbled like the others here- something is keeping it from yielding to the incessant sand."

Upon encountering the skeletal creatures at the entrance of the temple;
Ram rushes forward, turning left and right to see the skeletal creatures crumble at the hands of his allies, he searches for one that remains standing...
"By the Ruby Prince, these creatures are dust with just a look"

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Drea and ram each slash at the final jackal, and it crumbles beneath their combined assault.

[ooc]Need a decision on direction- left, right, or forward here.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

"I'm always leaning towards exploring the sinister direction before others," Drea states placidly. The sylph then looks at the team.

"I'm joking," they say with a flat expression. "But we can go left."

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

"Left is fine."


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

(In D6)
A series of cubicles encircle an open central space here, each
separated from the common area by a curtain hanging from a
rod over the doorway.

There are three creatures here- zombies by the look of them!

Initiative:

Drea Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Penthesilea Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Pirro Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Ram Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Rogarch Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Zarisha Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Zombie Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Whole part goes before the Zombies, so I'm going to block initiative this one and take actions in post order.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch screams into position and with a touch of divine guidance unloads with her big hammer on the closest zombie.

Lucerne Hammer, Guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage,blud: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"Ugh. Zombies?"

Penthesilea weaves a brief transmuation to enhance her arrows.

"Gonna need this if I'm gonna do any good."

Gravity Bow


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1

Rogarch hits, but with the blunt weapon her strike does less than full damage and the Zombie keeps shambling.

Penthesilea casts gravity bow.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea considers the enemy.

Knowledge Religion Check to Identify Monster (and Resistances): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 I'll assume that's a success - enough to know the resistance to bludgeoning weapon.

The sylph then considers the movement needed to get within melee combat range. Finding the calculations not favourable, Drea opts for a defensive stance, gliding next to Rogarch with their shield presented.

"They have resistance to blunt weapons," Drea offers bluntly to the elven half-orc. Ha!

20 foot move. Free action - drop flail. Move action - equip shield. Drea's AC is now 19.

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

"Ah, the undying creatures trapped in these tombs- let us put you to rest.?

Ram moves up with his shield raised for protection, hooking his Khopesh around the legs of the closest creature to trip it (result vs CMD, no aoc due to Improved Trip
trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Their DR is DR 5/Slashing so both Bludgeoning and Piercing are reduced; they don't have any other abilities to speak of, except that they are always staggered- which means they can't take AOOs which you would know

Drea moves and repositions their weapons.

Ram attempts to trip, but the Zombie is too solid on its rotting feet.

Botting Pirro/Zarisha here- let me know when you're back Pirro

Zarisha repositions with a full move. Pirro moves in and flanks with her, then slashes with hus Kukri.

Kukri: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

hit!

The Zombies strike back, such that they can!
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 at Pirro
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 at Ram
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Ram is hit for 5 damage! Sorry, I lost track if you weren't healed to full there?

The yellow provokes an attack moving into Rogarch.
AOO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
hit!
Damage, B: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Damage done:

Red- 8
Blue- 5
Yellow- 7
Rogarch- 22/27

Everyone can act in the second round now

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea takes a hand off their shield and draws forth their greatsword. With a pass into both hands (and a step forward), the blade slices into the nearest zombie.

Move action - 5 foot step. Free action - release shield. As part of move action - draw greatsword. Attack as standard action.

Melee Attack, Slashing, Cold Iron: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 122d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 6 = 13 Another miss.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

@Oxnard - Ram was hit not Rogarch. The damage section could use some correcting at the next update. :)

With a loud clang Rogarch drops her heavy hammer. She deftly draws an enormous blade and with a blessing from Helping Hand attempts to carve the nearest Zombie (thin border yellow) into two.

Great sword,Guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage, Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

12 actually hits Drea

Drea hits, and with the slashing weapon, cleaves the Zombie in two!

Rogarch does likewise, and the second zombie falls!

Kurkri: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Pirro misses!

I realized he should have had a crit attempt last time.
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Extra damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Damage:
Zombie- 8
Ram- 22/27

Ram and Penthesilea could still act before the Zombie.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"I was really hoping to save my breath - And my arrows..."

Longbow (PBS, RS, *gravity bow): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 22
Cold Iron Piercing: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 + 1 = 14

Longbow (PBS, RS, *gravity bow): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 22
Cold Iron Piercing: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 2 + 1 = 12

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Yep, healed for full
Ram lets out an enraged growl as the zombie slams into him.
Stepping forward and bringing his khopesh down on the remaining Zombie.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Penthesilea's arrow and Ram's Khopesh combine to chop down the final zombie.

You search the room and find it a series of small chambers where priests must have lived and meditated. The curtains, bed frames, and footlockers are all dusty but in good repair. The bedding, however, has rotted away and served as nests for mice and insects over the years.

I'm assuming you want to continue north to the next chamber now

D7A short hallway connects a shallow, empty pool to the west to two curtained cubicles to the east. A wooden bench is bolted to the floor in a small alcove across from the pool. A set of stone doors marked with hieroglyphs stands to the north.

There are two bodies laying in the corner here. . .

DC 10 Knowledge Religion:
These are the remains of a skeleton and a zombie, both recently destroyed! The bones are still warm to the touch from being scorched!

Need a decision point here on continuing through the north door, or turning to the right/east, and setting up your order of march for entering whichever door you choose

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea has a +9 to their Knowledge Religion check, so its an automatic success.

The sylph frowns at the two undead corpses. ”These were recently killed. Within the hour. We are not alone in this temple, and I have grave suspicions that the rival group that sent those thugs after us are already here.”

Drea does not realise their own pun, but instead looks for tracks or signs of recent passage.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

know(religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
"Then let us push forward. Perhaps they have met their fate at the undead hands of the tomb."

I vote north

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"Works for me, Ram!"

I'm flexible on placement - just not the very front!

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch sheathes her sword and retrieves her mighty hammer.

"I will lead the way. North is a fine direction."


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

The door to the North is locked!

DC 28 Break or DC 20 Disable Device:
This sparsely furnished room contains a bed frame bolted to the floor in the southwest corner next to a lacquered end table. On the opposite side of the room, a wooden desk has partially collapsed against the wall. Doors exit the room to the north, east, and south.

The door out of this room to the north is also locked (DC 20); and roll a perception check when examining that lock.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

"I will need a moment," Drea says as Rogarch's advance stalls at the locked door. The sylph removes their gauntlets and begins unfastening their scale mail.

Once removed, Drea pulls a pack of picks from their belt pouch and examines the door more closely.

"Let us see what lies in wait," Drea muses, approaching the door cautiously.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

If there are no further concerns:
Disable Device Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

"and to think, a door is what hinders this quest. Drea, if you can not open the door I am sure it will splinter with a bit of effort"

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 3/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch holds her enormous hammer is her hands before speaking aloud.

"Well, well have some patience my good dwarf. Surely Drea can make another attempt before we reduce the door to kindling."


Green Sting Scorpion Bloodline Familiar (Celestial)(Emissary)
Resources:
Heavenly Touch 6/6 Share Will 1/1
| HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16| CMB +6 CMD 10 (22 vs trip) | F +5 R +5 W +3 Improved Evasion| PER +10 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' |Climb +12 Stealth +15|

Helping hand climbs off of Rogarch's back and touches Drea granting the slyph better fortune on the next attempt (Guidance). The odd looking scorpion then returns to rest on her master's shoulders.

901 to 950 of 1,139 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Saga of the Sages Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.