Saga of the Sages

Game Master Nathanael Love

PFS Legal Massive Play through of Mummy's Mask and Scarab Sages scenarios.


801 to 850 of 1,044 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Pirro follows along in his position between the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

I believe since this is a "complex" trap it is outside what Detect Snares and Pits can discover.

As Kenji walks, when he reaches the bottom step it arms the trap, then when Penthesilea steps on the first step it triggers the trap.

Stabbing Spear Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Spear just out from all sides into the staircase area, hitting everyone (except Zarisha).

Ahead you see another room at the bottom of the stairs. . .

The air in this chamber is cool. The walls and ceilings are tiled
with stone, but the floor is hard-packed earth, giving the area
an unfinished quality. A long stone table rests against the
western wall, flanked by two large brass urns. A flight of steps
ascends to the south, while two passages lead north and east
out of the room.

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

”Argh!! This place is treacherous!“ Kenji exclaims.

He does not heal himself and continues to search the room.

Take 20.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"Owwwww! Hey hold up a second Kenji, I'm still bleeding here!"

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Scarab Sages

Male Human 2 Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) | HP 17/18 | AC 17 Tch 14 FF 13| CMD 18 | F+0 R+7 W+0 | Init +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Panache Used: 0/2| Charmed Life used: 0/3 | Active conditions: none

Dmitri groans as one of the stabbing spears punctures him as well. "Enough with the blasted traps," he cries. "Just give me something to fight, that won't hold my weapon back!" His frustration is evident, and he tries to bottle it back up.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

”Ouch,” the sylph grunts as the spear pierces their calf muscle. ”I should’ve spotted that.”


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Aside from the now empty, very heavy, and of little value urns the only thing you find of note in the room is the bypass switch which could have turned off the trap.

There are two exits from this room, both of which lead ahead to area B29- if you can stack yourselves in the order you will plan on entering it.

An earthy scent fills this large chamber. The ceiling and walls
are tiled with stone, but the ground is bare earth. Stone
benches are set against the east and west walls, and torch
holders are mounted in the corners and on either side of a
wide doorway to the west. The beginnings of several shallow,
rough passages have been started along the eastern wall and
in the southwest corner, but the excavations are incomplete,
ending in earth and rubble after only a few feet. At the south
end of the room, a short, wide flight of steps descends to a set
of stone double doors.

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kenji enters with his bardiche in hand.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

As the ifrit enters the room, Drea turns to Penthesilea.

”May I trouble you for a touch of that healing?” they ask.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"Of course! You loaned me your sword's magic. Share and share a like - that's what I say!"

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Fine by me if anyone else wants charges. Since they're from a consumable being used in a campaign mode module they're not far from free ;-)
Not that I wouldn't pass 'em around anyways if needed!

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

"My thanks," Drea says.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Pirro draws out the bone wand and tends to his and others' wounds.

CLW (Pirro): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW (Pirro): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW (Kenji): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW (Kenji): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW (Dmitri): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

"You stitch yourselves back together only to be rent apart later, over and over," Zarisha comments unhelpfully.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

As you enter the room, you see a house cat creeping up towards you. . . then you see another, and another, and as your light sources better illuminate the tomb area you notice that these are dead and embalmed house cats!

And there aren't just one, or two, or ten, there's an entire swarm of the things, animated by the necromantic energy of the place!

Initiative:

Drea Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dmitri Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Kenji Initiative:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Penthesilea Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Pirro Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Zarisha Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ubashiki Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Round 1

The cats swarm over Kenji and Pirro!
Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Will both need Fort Saves DC 13 vs disease as well.

Turn Order:

1. Ubashiku Swarm 21
2. Pirro 19
3. Penthesilea 17
4. Drea 16
5. Zarisha 12
6. Dmitri 9
7. Kenji 7

That brings up the party for round 1

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Kenji moves out of the swarm and then he retrieves an alchemist fire.

"Again a swarm!! Pirro move out!"

He then looks at Penthesilea.

"I am so sorry but I cannot do anything. Here take a fire bomb!"

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Pirro tears himself away from the swarm of mummified cats. Free of the sharp clawed horror, he draws a flask of holy water.


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

Zarisha, for now, watches impassively.

Form: incorporeal

This swarm is made of tiny creatures. Weapons will do half damage.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

yes, I should have specified- weapons can damage it at half value

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Thanks GM, I will act according to this information next round.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

Penthesilea whips out a pair of fowling arrows and fires them into the yowling mass of undead.

Longbow (PBS, RS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 15
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Longbow (PBS, RS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 6
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1
Pirro moves away and draws a holy water.

Penthesilea fires her bow, hitting once.

Kenji backs up and retrieves an alchemist flask.

Round 2
The swarm advances, meowing in disturbing fashion as the undead cats scratch and bite.

It moves onto Drea and Kenji
Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Turn Order:

1. Ubashiku Swarm 21
2. Pirro 19
3. Penthesilea 17
4. Drea 16
5. Zarisha 12
6. Dmitri 9
7. Kenji 7

Swarm damage taken: 4

That brings up the party again.

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kenji takes a step back, drops his bardiche, draws his greatsword and strikes!

MW Greatsword , power attack: 1d20 - 1 + 7 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 7 = 7
Greatsword 2H, power attack : 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Pirro moves into range and tosses the vial of holy water into the swarm of mummified cats.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Holy Water (Splash): 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

The sylph, engulfed by undead mummified cats, frees themself and steps back into the hall, flicking a flask of alchemist's fire from their belt at the swarm.

5 foot step. Pull out and toss alchemist's fire flask.

Ranged Touch Attack, Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 5


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 2
Pirro throws the Holy water!
3*1.5=4 damage

Drea throws an alchemists fire!
5*1.5=7 damage

Kenji swings at the cats, but fails to hit a meaningful number of them!
Turn Order:

1. Ubashiku Swarm 21
2. Pirro 19
3. Penthesilea 17
4. Drea 16
5. Zarisha 12
6. Dmitri 9
7. Kenji 7

Swarm damage taken: 15

[ooc]Penthesilea can still act before the cats go again.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

Penthesilea fires another pair of her anti-swarm arrows and backs off, hoping Kenji can keep them at bay.I

Longbow (PBS, RS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 18
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11
Longbow (PBS, RS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 21
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Unless the cats have DR to bludgeoning, this should deal full damage to a tiny swarm, right?

Scarab Sages

Male Human 2 Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) | HP 17/18 | AC 17 Tch 14 FF 13| CMD 18 | F+0 R+7 W+0 | Init +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Panache Used: 0/2| Charmed Life used: 0/3 | Active conditions: none

Dmitri also readies an alchemist fire to lob into the cat swarm unless it has already been dispersed by the others.

Alchemists's fire, ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Fire dmg, AOE: 1d6 ⇒ 4 x1.5 = 6 total dmg


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 2

The entry calls out "half damage from weapons" separate from "swarm traits" so its hard to tell. but I believe the intent is that it takes half from B weapons as well.

Penthesilea fires two more arrows in and the swarm disperses after several more of its numbers fall slain!

Ahead the last door lurks. . .

A stone sarcophagus rests atop a stone platform occupying the
southern end of this room. The lid of the sarcophagus bears the
likeness of a man and is inlaid with gemstones and trimmed in
gold. Two lacquered benches run parallel to the east and west
walls just north of the platform. Hieroglyphs line the walls of
the chamber, and stone torch holders are set in all four corners.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

"It appears that there's a passage to the north that we've not yet examined as well," the sylph explains. "Should we be thorough prior to entering the burial chamber of the likely most-celebrated descendant of this lost house?"

Drea indicates the passage to the north.

Unless I'm misreading the map...


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

The last unexplored section here just loops right back into these rooms- you have now explored every room in this location!

When you open the sarcophagus, a magic effect triggers! DC 13 will save, or be frightened for 3 rounds.

After being appropriately scared, you look again, and see a mummified cat (magical) alongside the body of Pentheru. The
sarcophagus also contains Pentheru’s gold funerary mask, worth 150 gp, and a gold-and-turquoise scarab pendent worth 50 gp. In addition, several small semiprecious stones worth a total of 40 gp can be pried off of the sarcophagus.

Spellcraft DC 18:

This mummified house cat—dried, filled
with sand, and bound in linen wrappings—
appears to be nothing more than a family
pet buried alongside its deceased master.
Far more than a mere pet, however, a
mummified guardian protects and preserves
the corpse it is interred with and acts as a
guardian against grave robbers and looters,
potentially driving such trespassers toward
more dangerous defenders or traps. When placed inside a
sarcophagus or coffin alongside a dead body and activated,
a mummified guardian also infuses the corpse with positive
energy, preventing the body from being turned into an
undead creature, as sanctify corpseUM.
In addition, the mummified guardian also creates a magical
ward around the sarcophagus containing it. If the sarcophagus
is opened after the mummified guardian is placed inside,
any creature with 5 Hit Dice or fewer within 20 feet of the
open sarcophagus is overcome by a feeling of dread and must
succeed at a DC 13 Will save or be frightened for 3 rounds. On
a successful save, a creature is instead shaken for 1 round. This
ability functions only once. Once triggered, the mummified
guardian retains only its sanctify corpse ability (this reduces
the price of the mummified guardian to 3,000 gp).
If the sarcophagus containing the mummified guardian is
placed in an area or room with multiple paths of egress, the
owner may designate one general direction an affected target
must take if it flees, as long as the chosen direction does
not require the target to move any closer to the mummified
guardian. After moving in the designated direction for 1 round,
the target behaves as normal for the frightened condition for
the remainder of the effect’s duration.
A mummified guardian must be placed inside a sarcophagus,
coffin, or other enclosed container with a dead body to function.
Although cats are most common, mummified guardians
can be created from other animals as well.

That's the end of the second part of Mummy's Mask Part 1- I'll get the next part spun up here in the next day or two.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Of course.

Once they are no longer frightened, Drea re-enters the funeral chamber.

Spellcraft Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Drea looks with interest at the mummified feline remains.

"This mummified house cat—dried, filled with sand, and bound in linen wrappings— might appear to be nothing more than a family pet buried alongside its deceased master, but in fact it acts as a guardian that protects and preserves the corpse it is interred with, acting as a guardian against grave robbers and looters,
potentially driving such trespassers toward more dangerous defenders or traps."
The sylph blinks at Penthesilea. "That is why I ran in panic."

They continue pedantically. "When placed inside a sarcophagus or coffin alongside a dead body and activated, a mummified guardian also infuses the corpse with positive energy, preventing the body from being turned into an undead creature, sanctifying the corpse. Once triggered, the mummified guardian retains only its sanctification aura. It is still worth a great deal of coin. What a find!"

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Pirro pales as the sarcophagus is opened and then flees through the underground chamber until the supernatural fear fades.

He eventually returns, looking abashed. "Ahem," he says, "I fear that I do not know what came over me."


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

Vanishes the moment Pirro runs beyond the range of their bond.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

Penthesilea shudders at the unsettling guardian, but mostly manages to keep her cool.

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

She listens carefully to Drea's explanation, Drat! Almost nothing rhymes with 'Mummy-cat'. I suppose if I were writing some doggerel verse, 'But when Drea breached the tomb for that money,
They fled, tail full-turned, from that cat-mummy.'

She shuddered once more. That settles it. Nothing shorter than an epyllion for this.

"Neat that it can point you right to a trap. That's just good worksmanship."

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kenji scratches his head.

”One day ... one day I will know a lot! But I have to trust you companions and I thank you for guiding me to achieve more and more ... day for day ... until I can feel the faint enlightenment nearing! This was dangerous but it was at the same time rich with history and knowledge! I hope we continue our path together to deepen our understanding!“


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Gathering up your discoveries, you head back to the living section of the city and to the temple of Pharasma.

When you arrive to get your next (and likely final) assignment, High Priestess Sebti. "Ah, welcome back adventurers. I take it your findings of the day were. . . interesting?"

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

"They were! Found Pentheru himself, took lots of notes, killed some undead guardians... ran away from a couple spooky traps... Pretty good day!"

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 0/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kenji is suddenly hit by the fact that he didn’t take any notes!!

”I ... ehh ... well ... “ and then the realisation that his memory is quite poor hits him again.

”I ... am very sorry but I cannot remember much!! A lesson for the future!!“ he says vehemently but with sadness in his voice.

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

"We uncovered the burial chambers of the House of Pentheru!" Drea exclaims. "The family residence appears to have been haunted by the violent memories of mobs storming the walls when the plague hit Sothis years ago, but we persisted in our efforts and uncovered many valuable artefacts that I think will make you proud. It was quite extensive - our exploration - and I am quite proud of how our team efficiently managed to manoeuvre through the numerous trips and denizens of the well-explored residence!"

Drea's exuberant report oddly does not match the placid calmness of their expression. A slight breeze ruffles their hair.

"I should like a rest, that is certain."

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Pirro removes the haunted ring from his finger. "I am not certain if we laid the souls haunting this to rest. I was able to quiet them for a while, but they may need a proper cleansing," he says to the High Priestess, holding out the ring.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

She smiles slightly, "Ah yes, Pentheru, truly a fascinating figure in this city's history." turning to Pirro, "It is good that you put their souls to rest, let them find comfort in being judged by the Goddess."

Addressing the group she speaks more loudly then, "You'll be wanting your assignment for tomorrow then?" her long nailed fingers slide into a bag of tiles, and she slowly lays one face up on the table before her.

When she sees the writing on the tile, her eyes narrow, "My, how interesting." you strain to look at the rune, but she alleviates any questions as she speaks the name of your location aloud, "The Temple of the Erudite Eye- a coveted assignment."

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"The Erudite Eye? Interesting..."

Scarab Sages

Male Human 2 Swashbuckler (Rostland Bravo) | HP 17/18 | AC 17 Tch 14 FF 13| CMD 18 | F+0 R+7 W+0 | Init +4 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Panache Used: 0/2| Charmed Life used: 0/3 | Active conditions: none

Dmitri wonders what the next day's challengs would bring. The episode with the adherer still stuck (no pun intended) in his brain, and he wondered if he'd be up to the challenge, especially if the fiery ifrit was not joining them this time out.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

I had forgotten-- the AP calls for everyone to be level 3 for this part, so go ahead and level up to 3rd for anyone who wasn't already 3rd.

Penthesilea: the only time you've heard that name before was when the Burned Hand adventuring group mentioned they wanted to explore it specifically. Other than their interest, all you know is that it is supposed an ancient temple dedicated to Nethys.

This is the last chance to sell/buy gear while in campaign mode as well.

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

I'm on the road this weekend and won't be able to whip up level 3 Penthesilea til I get home. Til then I'll just assume +1 to skills.
Also, anyone rolling without a masterwork or magic weapon should probably sell some stuff and get one for the rest of the module.

"We should see if the Burned Hand is looking for anything in particular; we might be able to sell or trade it afterwards. Is there somewhere we can contact them?"


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

I understand it's a holiday weekend and everyone is traveling, no worries- we'll kick things back up after everyone is back.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Having rested and and prepared, you depart following the day following the map the priests provided to hea for the Temple of the Erudite Eye.

The sun beats down on the lonely, silent streets of the
necropolis. Dust and sand now cover the once-bustling
streets, and buildings that were once homes and shops are
gradually disintegrating into rubble after centuries of neglect.
Scattered throughout the ruins is the occasional palm tree or
shrub, kept alive by the broken remnants of a long-abandoned
irrigation system.

GM Screen:

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

DC 11 Perception:
You catch the site of armed thugs hiding, preparing an ambush!

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 2/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 5/10

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 ::Checks Spoiler:: Well, I got +2 more ;-p

Fitting an arrow to her bowstring, Penthesilea whipped around suddenly, "Bandits!"

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

I think we need to hold on the action until everyone has completed purchases.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Flashback to the night before at the bar. . .

Kenji shakes your hands in turn as he prepares to depart, "Perhaps we will meet again," he and the others have been summoned by the Society for an urgent matter, a group of replacement pathfinders sent to take their place on your excursion here to Wati.

As Kenji, Dmitri, and Nardic depart, Rograch and Ram approach to introduce themselves.

801 to 850 of 1,044 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Saga of the Sages Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.