Saga of the Sages

Game Master Nathanael Love

PFS Legal Massive Play through of Mummy's Mask and Scarab Sages scenarios.


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,229 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch nods to the Bard.

"I imagine that would work just as well."


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

After a few seconds, as you are conferring the iron gate springs shut!

It appears to be mechanized to close after being open for a single round- upon inspection, it is locked again as well!

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

know religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Is there any other information about the guardian we can glean?
Can we expect more in the next few rooms?

Ram chews thoughtfully on a new clove as he examines the guardian.
Whatever gets us through these Horus-damned gates, though I will not touch the symbol of the god of magic.
He waves dismissively at the symbol Penthesilea holds out.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
perception check for anything of importance in the room

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

"It looks like we will need to fight the guardian or convincingly fool it, lest some of us be trapped inside while Drea works to open the doors each time," he says. "Did the huecuvas above bear any symbols?"

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/10

"Good thinking Pirro! Though we might have to stick them on Ram's back to keep him from smashing a bunch of statues for fun..."

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch suggests gumming up the gate.

"We could just block the mechanism up so it fails to close. Perhaps shove a piece of wood or something in it."

"I mean if you can pick the lock surely you can disable the mechanism."

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

"I can attempt that, if it is wished by all," Drea offers.

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

"An obstacle to keep the doors open is agreeable to me, though we should be prepared for the guardian to awaken as soon as you cross the threshold."

If the guardian is inanimate, can we take its weapons before it attacks?

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Ram will walk closer to the guardian, studying it with care.
What weapons is the guardian holding?
Ram will try to pull the weapon free if he doesnt think that tampering with the guardian will cause it to attack. What role can I make?


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Knowledge DC is 15, so you could have 2 questions; you don't know if there would be more or not.

The guardian is carrying a spear and is currently inanimate- but you don't know how close you can get before it triggers and awakens.

The Heucava did not have Holy Symbols (presumably disposing of them when they became undead).

And yes, it looks like you could jam the gate open.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

"I think we are overthinking this. Just jam the door and we can go one at a time past the statue. Each of us wearing the holy symbol in turn."

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Those who have come before us have surely navigated this maze too-Yes, Jam the door open. Ram is distracted, focused on the guardian; [i]I want to try something...[i]

Ram reaches out and grabs hold of the spear, tugging at it- attempting to wrench it from the statue.
strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Sorry guys, it's been quarterly reports this week and they swallowed my life

Ram jams the gate open and enters the room. Wearing the holy symbol sees to work to keep the stature from animating, but the tug on the spear fails to make it budge.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch shakes her head. Her golden locks almost sweep poor Helping Hand away.

"Leave well enough alone, Ram. Let sleeping dogs lie! We will pass through one at a time each wearing the amulet in turn."

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Ram harumphs at the lack of movement in the spear as the party moves onwards he makes the sign of Horus, warding himself as he takes a scribbling of the glyph of the god of magic.

By Horus, let us continue

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea awaits the holy symbol of Nethys before entering the room with the guardian. They stop in front of the inanimate statue before proceeding to the other side of the room.

"We are discovering so many wondrous things; I would return here to attempt to read your history, but alas, our fates are mal-aligned to result in such an honour. I promise that our cause is just and our means will do you no disservice in this life, or any future lives."

With the incitation completed, Drea leaves the room after ensuring the Nethys holy symbol is available for the next person.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch stows her own holy symbol for now and wears the symbol of Nethys to pass without violence. As soon as she is in the other room she makes the Nethys holy symbol available to the next person and restores her own symbol on her person.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

I defaulted to moving to the right first- in D16

Two columns carved to resemble men with their arms crossed
over their chests, holding a khopesh in one hand and an ankh in the other, support the ceiling of this long chamber. Deep
alcoves in the walls form burial chambers, some of which are
sealed with stone doors. Other sepulchers just have sarcophagi
tucked inside, while a few appear empty. To the north and
south, wide passages exit the room through the east wall, each
leading to stone double doors.

As you enter the chamber, you see a creature, looking like a zombie shamble out into the main corridor!

Initiative:

Drea Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Penthesilea Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Pirro Initiative : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ram Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Rogarch Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Zarisha Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Zombie initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Round 1
It moves to Ram and attacks!
slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Ram is grappled!

Turn Order"
1. Zombie
2. Ram
3. Penthesilea
4. Zarisha
5. Drea
6. Pirro

Ram: 19/26, grappled

The whole party is up for round 1

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Helping Hand taps Rogarch for the win before she drops her big hammer and draws out an enormous sword. Having learned about Zombies just earlier today she is more adept at fighting them or so she thinks. So she steps forwards and tries to slice it in half.

To Hit,guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage, Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

Rogarch is not listed in the initiative order.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Pirro advances down the corridor to stand behind Ram. He draws out a wand.


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

Zarisha lunches through the solid stone to emerge on the other side of the zombie.

Form: Incorporeal

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Drea notes the undead creature entangling Ram and wonders if it looks similar to the previously-encountered entangling undead creature.

Does it, GM?

The sylph glides through the doors in their unharried and unrushed way, passing around the female half-orc with their sword raised.

I would provoke an AoO in passing through Rogarch's square if applicable, GM.

Drea brings down their greatsword on the ensnaring undead foe with both hands.

Melee Attack, Cold Iron: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 242d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Apologies Rogarch- you should be between Penthesilea and Zarisha; pending Penthesilea and Ram's actions currently-- also Knowledge Religion to identify the creature. No, Drea- the adherer grappled with sticky substance, this creature is grabbing and grappling in a more conventional manner.

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Ram lets out a growling cry as the creature appears and slams into him, wrapping its writhing body around his sword arm. He wrenches himself around attempting to reverse the grapple;
CMB to reverse Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Can Ram reverse the grapple with an adherer?


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1

Ram attempts to reverse the grapple, but fails to do so. Apologies, I didn't describe this exactly right- it is NOT sticking like an adherer, but grabbed you by the throat

Rogarch attacks, hitting the creature, but doing less than complete damage-- even so it appears to be enough as the creature falls to the ground, releasing Ram.

Zarisha moves.

Drea moves, and attacks, hitting the creature on the ground.

[Spoiler=Knowledge Religion DC 14]You can tell now this is a Coffer Corpse- DR 5/BLudgeoning AND magic, with a strangle special attack, and that fake collapse/rise again when damaged[/ooc]

Round 2
the creature rises from the ground, obviously not actually destroyed by Ram/Drea's attacks!

You feel a fear overcoming you! DC 14 Will save vs. fear or become panicked 2d4 rounds- shaken for 1 round on successful save

The creature tries again to attack Ram:
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

One hit! Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 but it fails to get the strangle locked on!

Turn Order:
1. Zombie
2. Ram
3. Penthesilea
4. Zarisha
5. Drea
6. Pirro

Ram: 12/26, grappled

Damage done: 14

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Knowledge Religion Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Drea frowns in consternation at the fallen creature. As it rises with a scream, Drea startles.

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Ugh. Panicked.

The sylph drops their greatsword and flees.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch shudders at the sight of the monster rising but resists the worst of the effects (shaken 1 round). She swings with purpose taking advantage at the semi-prone creature.

Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Attack of Opportunity:

Attack,Shaken,Prone: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 4 = 21
damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

Round 2 Action -

Rogarch continues the assault. Helping Hand is still afraid but offers aid (Guidance)

Attack,Shaken,Guidance: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15

I do not know if the Coffer Corpse falls again after the Attack of Opportunity probably hits. If so add +4 to this attack roll.


Green Sting Scorpion Bloodline Familiar (Celestial)(Emissary)
Resources:
Heavenly Touch 5/6 Share Will 1/1
| HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16| CMB +6 CMD 10 (22 vs trip) | F +5 R +5 W +3 Improved Evasion| PER +10 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' |Climb +12 Stealth +15|

Helping Hand tries to resist the fear of the undead creature. He too is unsettled but remains on his master's shoulder (shaken 1 round).

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Round 2 Action - Guidance on Rogarch.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Pirro pales slightly as the creature wails but holds steady. "It resists blades and weapons not blessed by magic," he warns the others. He activates his want and touches Ram's back, directing restorative energy into the Pahmet.

Cure Light Wounds (CL1): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


NG Female Phantom 3 | 21/21 | AC 16/16 T 16/15 FF 14/14 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (darkvision) | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: DR 5/slashing or incorporeal

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Zarisha pauses in a moment of disconcerting emotion.

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

know religion: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 (+2 from Monstor Lore)
will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Ram grinds his teeth, choking out a panicked yell and cowers as the thing holds tightly to him.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 2
Ram and Drea flee.

Rogarch maintains composure and strikes back at the creature, and it falls again.

Pirro heals Ram.

To be sure, Rogarch strikes the creature on the ground once more and it finally crumbles to dust.

Ram: 19/26

You search the chamber finding each sarcophagus has a grave mask worth about 100 gold each.

DC 20 Perception:
You find a small hidden compartment which has an unlocked chest containing: apprentice’s cheating gloves, a potion of bull’s
strength, two potions of cure moderate wounds, 330 gp, and a
pouch containing six rubies worth 25 gp each.

There are also wooden holy symbols of Nethys- enough for each if you need to traverse the chamber with the guardian again.

You can proceed either back to the other side of the guardian chamber or through the double doors to the south-- either way the doors are locked- (hardness 8, hp 60, break DC 28, Disable Device
DC 20).

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

You hear clapping and a rumbling voice behind you.

”Well done! I see that you are as effective as ever! I also see new faces ... an honor to work with you! My name is Kenji Haru.“

Kenji is a massive Solar Ifrit. His hair and beard are blazing and burning so that they almost warm his surroundings.

He has a greatsword and a bardiche on his back, a longsword at his side and a heavy shield in his hand.

He wears a fullplate that looks like it has been recently oiled.

Resting on top of his chest is an amulet showing the holy symbol of Irori.

Kenji is standing as if in a medidative stance.

”I am sorry that my personal history caught up with me and that I had to leave you for a short time. And I hope that you accept me back into your group?“

He bows.

"As ever it would be an honor to walk the road to perfection with you." Kenji says in a rumbling and crackling voice.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch sheathes her massive sword and reclaims her lucerne hammer. She bows to Kenji arms extended in a formulaic greeting of Chaldira.

"Walk with friends under the protection of our lady."

"Welcome."


Green Sting Scorpion Bloodline Familiar (Celestial)(Emissary)
Resources:
Heavenly Touch 5/6 Share Will 1/1
| HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16| CMB +6 CMD 10 (22 vs trip) | F +5 R +5 W +3 Improved Evasion| PER +10 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' |Climb +12 Stealth +15|

Helping Hand jumps up and down on the young Paladin's shoulder sometimes getting tangled up in her long golden hair. He waves with obvious excitement at the new comer.

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kenji nods and smiles at half-orc lady and her scorpion.

”Your words mean a lot to me. Thank you! I do not know who your lady is but I am eager to learn. Irori teaches to embrace knowledge!!“

Scarab Sages

Female Arrowsong Minstrel 3* | HP 25/25 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 CMD 18 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2(6) | Init +5 | Perc +4(6) | SM -1 | Spells Remaining: level 1 1/3 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/10

Penthesilea beams and gives Kenji a carefully fire-avoidant embrace.

"Good to have you back! The saga hasn't been the same without you!"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Unfortunately her elation seems to distract her from the room's secrets...

Scarab Sages

Pahmet (Sand Dwarf) | Fighter 1, Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 2 | HP 19/27 | AC 20 T11 FF19 | F7, R1, W5 | I3, P9 | Bull Rush +5/20, Trip +7/22

Ram stands to his feet shakily, brushing the remains of the creature off of him. Voices of doubt and despair eat away at him and finds a wall away from the party, muttering hastily to himself.

He faces the wall, hunched, supplicating himself to Horus, praying and arguing with an unseen figure. Horus watches over us, Horus watches everying, the eye of Horus watches us - don't you dare! I will not gamble with you, trade life for life - Horus watches us- the endless sand stings but, I stand strong...

Presently his demeanour changes and the dwarf draws his strength - catching a cough that was odd

When he finally regains composure he stands tall again, broad and strong, rejoining the group;

You are known to these companions? I greet you as a friend
Ram bows; As the sun, so Horus will watch over us.

Scarab Sages

| Male LG follower of Irori | Solar Ifrit | Outsider (Native) | Paladin 2, Ninja 1 | HP 35/35 | AC 17 T 8 FF 15 / AC 19 with heavy shield | CMB +7 | CMD 14 | F: +10, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2 | LoH 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kenji laughs and is glad to see Penthesilea again.

”Ha ha ha!! So good to see you again! I feel that you are very well-equipped so I will stay in the back and try to guard what remains! And maybe I can learn a couple of things from all of you!“ he says with a genuine smile.


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Anyone who hasn't should try a perception check, then let me know which direction you want to continue

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Green Sting Scorpion Bloodline Familiar (Celestial)(Emissary)
Resources:
Heavenly Touch 5/6 Share Will 1/1
| HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16| CMB +6 CMD 10 (22 vs trip) | F +5 R +5 W +3 Improved Evasion| PER +10 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' |Climb +12 Stealth +15|

Helping Hand has a look out from Rogarch's shoulder.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

He notices something unusual and points it out to Rogarch.

We found the hidden loot.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch turns to the party, beaming with joy.

"It would seem that Chaldira favors us today."

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"I'm not certain that I see what you mean," Drea says. "And a warm welcome back to you, friend Kenji."

It is not immediately evident that Drea meant the wordplay or not.

Scarab Sages

NG Male Human (Keleshite) Spiritualist 3 | 24/24 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +3 W +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (+11 vs. haunts/incorporeal) | 30 ft | 1st: 3/4 | Channel: 2/3 | Active Conditions: --

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"Kenji! It is good to see your burning smile," he says. "Fortunate that you made it through the ruins unmolested. We believe that there is a rival band somewhere within trying to beat us to the treasure."

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch retrieves the hidden loot and distributes it to the party.

"Perhaps we should continue on?"


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Assuming you get the door open one way or another

A stone altar flanked by two bronze urns sits against the north wall of this chamber. To the south, three rows of stone pews face the altar. A lacquered wooden cabinet is bolted to the western wall at head level, and a long stone table runs parallel to the east wall. Stone double doors exit the room to the east and west.

There are creatures here!

Three animate skeletons in various states of armor and weaponry wait for you!

DC 12 Knowledge Religion:
These appear to be Skeletal champions- a type of undead who retain the abilities they have in life and gain DR/ bludgeoning, immunity to cold,and channel resistance

Initiative:

Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Drea Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Penthesilea Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Pirro Initiative : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ram Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Rogarch Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Zarisha Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kenji Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Turn Order:
1. Rogarch
2. Drea

3. Skeletons
4. Kenji
5. Penthesilea
6. Ram
7/8 Zarisha + Pirro

Rogarch and Drea go before the skeletons

Scarab Sages

Genderless Sylph Occultist (Occult Historian) 3 | hp 26/26 | AC 19 (t11;f18) | CMD 17 (f16) | F+5 R+3* (+4 vs traps) W+4 | resist electricity 5 | Init+3 | Perception+6 | SM+0

Knowledge Religion Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

”It would be better to use your weapons of bludgeoning against these enhanced undead foes, and avoid attempting spells with cold damage!” Drea utters breathily, dropping their greatsword and drawing their heavy flail.

The sylph then takes a step into the doorway and swings the flail at the lead skeleton.

Melee Attack, adamantine, bludgeoning: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Critical THREAT!
Critical Confirm roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Free action, move action, miscellaneous action, standard action.

The Exchange

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 / Paladin 2
Resources:
Rage 5/12 Smite 0/1 Lay on Hands 2/4
| HP 30 /30 Die Hard| AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | CMB+7 CMD 17| F +12 R +5 W +8 | INIT +4| PER +6 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 40'|

Rogarch moves past Kenji into the room. With a tap of good luck from Helping Hand she brings down her huge hammer on the skeleton with the spear.

Attack,Guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage,Blud,Cold Iron: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Sage of the Sages Slides Tengu Dwarves of Gold Peak Combat Map Dwarves of Gold Peak Folder

Round 1
Rogarch moves in and smashes the first with the hammer!

Drea follows and delivers a blow to (A), though the undead's breastplate armor keeps the blow from being worse! (critical confirm misses).

The first skeleton strikes back at Drea with its khopesh:

Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

A miss!

The spear wielding skeleton snarls, stepping forward to swing its spear at Rogarch!

Spear attack w/ divine favor, power attack, destructive smite, and channel smite: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 + 1 + 1 + (5) = 26 Will Save DC 11 to reduce negative energy damage by 3

A nasty hit catches Rogarch and the undead's focus on dealing as much damage as possible drops him to the ground!

Seeing Rogarch falls, the third skeleton swipes at Kenji around the corner:

Khopesh attack, with partial cover: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
A miss!

Turn Order:
1. Rogarch
2. Drea
3. Skeletons
4. Kenji
5. Penthesilea
6. Ram
7/8 Zarisha + Pirro

Damage done:
A- 15
B- 7

Status- Rogarch -9 (or -6)

That brings up the party for round 1/the top of round 2

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,229 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Saga of the Sages Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.