EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... all set on the edges, and often inside, of the demon-infested Worldwound!

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


401 to 450 of 2,729 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Alessio!" **cough** "Get over here!"

"Okay, goat boy. I'm done messing around."

Assuming I get my flank

Dagger (Flank): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19 vs. -4 AC
Cold Iron Piercing (Aid Token): 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (2, 6) + (5) = 20
Dagger (Flank): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 vs. -4 AC
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d3 + 2 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (6, 3) = 12
I'll stick the Brimorak with penalties to attack this time

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

distance calculation:
a^ + b^ = c^ (A=length B=Height C= Distance between points) 25^+15^=C^ Pythagorean Theorem P 1: 625 + 225 = 850
(Square root of 850=roughly 29.15 rounded down to 29ft {between Eamon and Kara}
Eamon bends down and picks up his unloaded crossbow. He keeps his rapier in his primary hand and calls upon Iomedae's healing touch once again after shuffling a bit closer to the women on top of the battlements (5ft step). channel: 1d6 ⇒ 2

This time Eamon blocks both demons from healing... His channel should reach Kara as demonstrated in the spoiler above. PS in case the rest of the party isn't reading the discussion I think we should use one of our tokens to heal the party further. PS. done for the day..won't post again till tomorrow.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Works for me - that's why I only spent one Aid token on stabbery

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Thanks, Eamon!

HP 11/23

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
NICE

Alessio scoots over to aid Sangkip.

Alessio tries a stab with his dagger.

CI dagger, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


GM Screen:
extra healing via token: 1d6 ⇒ 4

burn monkey burn: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

cast defensively: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 4 = 22
kaboom!: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4) = 22

Eamon reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Huni AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Kara continues to feel 'off', as evil forces slowly work their magic on her injuries. She picks up her discarded crossbow as Floria comes back down the stairs, attempting to use a wand of her own on the young wizard. But she is clearly more rattled than she wants to let on, and can't seem to sort out the proper motions to get it to activate.

Huni continues trying to dispatch the vermlek, but it again is able to parry his blade... but it doesn't immediately attack back, almost like its waiting for something.

In the middle of it all, Eamon takes another step forward, again calling on the grace of the Inheritor to send healing energies to his companions.... and, for a moment, its almost as if she hears his call, for when the waves of energy burst forth, they are even stronger than usual, some of them even reaching all the way up to Floria on the wall!

Token used, and added to Eamon's channel, for a total of 2 + 4 = 6! The 2 misses Floria, the 4 does not!

Sangkip calls for Alessio to distract the demon, and the alchemist, his face turning pale from the smoke as he gasps for air, steps in close, stabbing at it with his dagger. Unfortunately, the brimorak appears quite skilled at melee combat, and Alessio is forced to retreat before his blade can strike, to avoid getting gutted himself.

But the distraction was all Sangkip wanted, as he quickly ducks under the flaming blade, dodging one of the demons fiery hooves, to move in opposite Alessio. With practiced precision, tiny blades flash out, stabbing into the demon over and over again. But the attacks come at a price... even as the knives sink in, the demons boiling blood gushes out over the vanaran's hands. The skin blisters and swells, flesh burning, and it is all he can do to keep his grip on the daggers. (4 fire damage to Sangkip)

But through all of it, the brimorak manages to stay on its feet... its fiery blood is streaming from multiple wounds, forming a boiling puddle on the stones beneath it.

With a furious snarl, it steps back, the flames on its feet and running up its blade intensifying, until the demon is encased in fires burning so hot and bright, they are almost impossible to look at.

Floria:
Again, the words worm their way into your head.

Embrace what you are. Blood does not lie nor does it forgive.

I give this gift to you...

You're not sure what those final words means... until what happens next.

As if it hits some sort of tipping point, the brimorak throws its head back, howling in exultation, as the fire bursts out from its body in a mighty conflagration!

Spellcraft, DC 18:
It has apparently activated some sort of Fireball spell-like ability!

The entire street is consumed in flame, the Pathfinders included. The fires washing all the way up the wall and catching poor Kara where she stands. Only Floria escapes the blast unharmed. She stands there helplessly as Kara, standing right in front of her, is engulfed in flames that then stop right at her own feet, lapping around them almost tenderly, but not actually touching her.

Everyone except Floria, takes 22 fire damage. DC 15 reflex for half. (Kara gets +2 on this save due to cover, Alessio a -2 for being sickened)
Eamon, I rolled your save for you, as I needed to know the results to continue the NPC's turn! You made it =)

The fire hits Kreighton as well, though you are relieved when you realize he must have some sort of protective spells going, as he seems entirely undamaged. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for his ritual components. The vial in his hand is completely consumed in the flames, with the final few runes still unfinished.

For the first time, his chanting comes to a halting stop, as he stands there looking at the ruined vial, blinking slightly.

"Oh dear." He mutters.

Suddenly the vermlek starts to gather dark energies around itself yet again, as it tries to step away from Huni. The warpriest again is unable to stop it from completing its foul magic, and again, dark energies descend on him, Eamon, and the vermlek itself.

Eamon and Huni take 8 points of negative energy damage. DC 16 Will for half

- Round 10 ----
Eamon (-21*)
Kara (-29/-18*)
Alessio (-11, sickened)
Floria (-7)
Huni (-31/-20*)
Sangkip+ (-11)

Kreighton Shane
brimorak (-56, 1 bleed), blue vermlek (-17)

Party is up!

Reflex save pending from Kara.
Reflex save pending from Sangkip.
Reflex save pending from Alessio.
Reflex save pending from Huni.
Will save pending from Huni.
Will save pending from Eamon.

Note: Kara and Sangkip will be unconscious if they fail the save...
Though on the plus side, Kara would then stabilize due to the fast healing.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

reflex: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13
Folio reroll
reflex: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20

I take 11, so I'm at 20. Popping a Boro Bead for a CLW.
Master Shane! What now? Alessio prepares a bomb to toss and help his friends.

I'll wait to throw my healing bomb when I see who goes unconscious. Or if anyone calls for a heal.


Using a command word item (like the boro bead) is a standard action. You would not be able to toss the bomb this round as well

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Sangkip flings himself out of the way of the blast. A few murmured counter-charms giving him just enough space to avoid it. He brings his blade up to finish off the demon, hoping this awful goat thing will stop bleeding all over him!

Dagger (Flank): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Cold Iron Slashing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (2, 1) = 10 Giving -2/4 to attacks
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Cold Iron Slashing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (8, 8) = 22

If the first hit brings this thing down, then Sangkip will abort his full attack and move to his transparent location

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

That'll be my action, then.Things are looking dire :(

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Reflex DC15, Cover: 20 + 3 + 2 = 25

Kara cries out, but manages to avoid the brunt of the flames.

Kill your friends, they've done nothing to helllllp you...No! I won't give in....they covet your status, privileged one, killlllll themmmmmm....

Kara shakes off the pernicious voices in her head and fires her crossbow at the vermlek, hoping that the multiple party members below can take out the brimorak.

Crossbow, into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

HP 6/23, IH 2/10

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni's body is burned by flame and and his soul is wracked with negative energy, but he fights against the pain. Huni aims his blade for the heart of his enemy.

Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Long Sword, cold iron:
to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 to hurt: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Kreighton starts suddenly, at Alessio's query, then at the battle with the demon occurring right beside him... as if he had completely forgotten the rest of you were there.

"That was all I had." He despairs. He holds up the burned out vial, and tips it sideways. Only a few flakes of ash fall out. "I can't finish the ritual... and there's no time to get more. It will collapse soon."

You are not sure what was in the vial, though it apparently was important.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Don't give up! Surely there is something we can do!

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon stays where he is at and channels once again. channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3 he then sheaths his cold iron rapier leaving only his crossbow in hand


Eamon, you forgot your will save

GM Screen:
1d4 ⇒ 3

Whether there is, or is not, something you can do to help with the ritual, there are definitely things you can do that can help with the demons!

Sangkip leaps in again, jamming his dagger deep into the chest of the brimorak demon. Again he is badly burned by the demon's flood (3 fire damage to Sangkip), but it staggers backwards mortally wounded. It says one final thing, in its foul language, before dropping to the street, finally done.

Abyssal:
"Yet still, I am victorious."

Not knowing, or caring what it said, Sangkip then bounds out of the circles, back towards the final demon.

That particular demon, the vermlek that started this whole thing, continues to fight on. Kara tries to pick it off with her crossbow, and though she finally seems to be getting the feel for the weapon, she can't quite manage to hit it, with Huni in the way. The warpriest has no such problems, as he sinks his own sword deep into the vermorak's bloated hide. It hisses in pain as the cold iron drives deep, staggering backwards. It's human guise is so damaged, you can all freely see the worm-like entity writhing beneath the skin now.

Eamon calls upon his goddess one more time, the healing energies striking everyone but Floria, but sorely needed nonetheless.

As Alessio fiddles with his alchemical supplies, Kreighton does not look hopeful.

"Without more blood, I can not finish the ritual." He calls.

He immediately shakes his head, before you can ask. "It was not normal blood, but that from a tainted soul."

He looks down at the fallen brimorak, its fiery blood still pooling around it, the smoke from its breath slowly starting to fade.

"And not from a creature such as this. It must be from a mortal being, tainted by the foul energies of the Abyss." He shakes his head. "It was the final part in the antipathy component of the ritual. We have no time to find such, now... and I can not leave the circle, or it all collapses, and the Spire is lost!"

- Round 10 ----
Eamon (-18*)
Kara (-15)
Alessio (-8, sickened)
Floria (-7)

Huni (-13)
Sangkip+ (-11)
Kreighton Shane
blue vermlek (-29)

Floria to go.

Will save pending from Eamon.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria watches the brimorak fall with relief, but on hearing Kreighton's words her heart sinks.

Oh no her heart starts pounding in fear This is it, a way to prove once and for all that I don't have a link to the abyss, that my soul isn't tainted, that I just get angry.

"Master Shane!" She's starting to sob. "I think I might, I mean my blood might be, or it might not."

She double moves down towards the ritual

Tears streaming down her face now, having to shout to get it out. "I HAVE DEMON BLOOD! Maybe. It's worth- worth a try."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio's heart sinks when Master Shane describes their despair. Floria's revelation brings a small ray of hope. I hope whatever she's thinking works!

I should get to Eamon. Alessio curls around to avoid the circles in case they are still usable. He bounds up to Eamon and quickly ejects a wand from his wrist sheathe.

wand clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
every little bit helps :)


Alessio, you did the boro bead thing, yes? If so, no wand. If not, then the wand is fine =)

GM Screen:
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Kreighton looks at Floria with surprise, though you can see his mind immediately start pondering.

"You? Nonsense. Only demons have demon blood." He says, matter of factly. "But if you do have a hint of it, that might work! Do you know what kind? Nevermind, not important now."

He motions her towards him. "Quickly, step inside. Be careful not to disturb the circle, or the symbols."

Floria suddenly feels a deep dread. Every fiber of her being is telling her to get away and not go anywhere near the circles inscribed on the street.

Kreighton finally notices her not moving, and frowns for a moment, then nods. "Oh yes. That would be the antipathy effect I was mentioning. Anyone with an abyssal influence will be hedged out. That's a good sign!"

"Come now. Ignore it. Its all in your head." He adds, excitedly... then stops, and adds. "Well, mostly in your head. Whatever. Not important. Come. Come. You have to be inside for it to work."

"I need a drop of your blood. Here, and over here." He points at a two of the symbols etched on the cobbles inside the circle.

Nearby, the vermlek seems to have at least some idea what is going on. It steps away from Huni yet again, and summons dark energy once more, only this time, it targets Floria first, as if trying to prevent her from continuing.

Floria and Huni take 8 points of negative energy damage. DC 16 Will for half

- Round 11 ----
Eamon (-18*)
Kara (-15)
Alessio (-8, sickened)
Floria (-15*)
Huni (-21*)
Sangkip+ (-11)

Kreighton Shane
blue vermlek (-21)

Party is up!

Will save pending from Eamon (from previous round).
Will save pending from Floria.
Will save pending from Huni.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

HP 9/23

thE nOble giRl PloTs aGainSt yoU...kill hEr befOre sHe tUrnS oN yoU...yOu knoW iT to bE trUe...

NO!, Kara shouts, surprising herself with the intensity of it.

I am tainted! Let me donate the blood!

She spares a glance at Floria that's hard to read.

Sense Motive DC16 Success:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Kara is worried that she will hurt Floria, but is keeping it together so far.

Sense Motive Fail:

Kara seems to have some animosity to Floria for some unknown reason.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None
Quote:
Alessio, you did the boro bead thing, yes? If so, no wand. If not, then the wand is fine =)

My name was bolded so I reacted. Can do the healing wand in round 11 if that's ok.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

will: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 (using t-shirt re-roll)will: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8 I had Eamon at 17 of 23 HP leaving him 6hp left...GM had me with only 5 I'll check the thread to see what's correct...either way Eamon went down with that last negative energy blast...I'm either at -2hp or -3hp

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Ah, I was mapping myself to Huni, not Eamon. Since Initiative is a little fluid here, is it ok if I go heal whoever falls first, GM?

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Will Saving Throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Floria pushes herself forward with an effort of will, which is fortuitous as it clearly helps her fend off the vermlek's attack. "It'll be OK Kara"

If it doesn't look like Kreighton has a way to get a drop of blood from her she'll drop her crossbow and draw her cold iron dagger

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Okay, that's enough out of you!"

With a mighty yawp, Sangkip pounces on the last demon!

Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30
Cold Iron Slashing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (4, 4) = 14
Crit?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25
Extra Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

GET HIM, SANGKIP!!!!


Eamon, the -18 was already including the full damage for failing the save (with the asterix to remind me it might be less)... though you were right, it should have been -17 (math is hard!). So you're still up with 6 hp's to spare, and able to act this round normally

Floria, luckily, you've taken enough damage that you're bound to be bleeding somewhere! But the dagger will work too

Alessio, no one falls... unless you want to count demons. So heal who you'd like!

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Huni moves to get the best angle of attack he can (accepting the AoO)

Long Sword, cold iron: flank
to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 to hurt: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Huni, then. Thanks :)


Huni continues to press the vermlek demon, tired of its negative energy tricks. He hacks at it one more time, the cold iron blade easily slicing through the vermlek's human skin-suit, to the demon underneath.

Sangkip though, has tricks of his own. With a primate howl, more suited to the jungle of the Expanse, than the city streets of Nerosyan during a demon attack, he leaps and bounds across the cobbles, closing with the final fiend, and thrusting his dagger through the gash Huni just cut in the body armor, to sink his blade directly into the demon itself. It sends out another long hiss of pain, as its body jerks and spasms... before falling to the ground for the last time, the skin of its victim little more than an ill-fitted, tattered shroud over its remains.

Combat Over!

As Alessio heals some of Huni's wounds, and Kara starts to call out strange things from atop the battlements (none of which sound cooler or more menacing because of her odd alternating inflections), the battle continues, inside Floria's head.

Every part of her being is telling her not to step into the circle... but a small rational part in the back tells her she must! With a great will of effort, she finally manages to push aside the part of her brain telling her not to enter, that it would be better to get the hell away from it as quickly as possible. It takes everything she has to take that single step, and when she finally does, her entire body is trembling from the effort.

The feeling doesn't go away once she's inside either, and she has to consciously make an effort to not step right back out again. Only the Master of Scrolls putting a firm hand on her elbow, stems her immediate reaction... enough for her to keep it under control... at least for a moment.

"Those two there." Kreighton repeats, pointing to a pair of symbols on the stones. "Just a drop or two. I know its hard... the nature of the ritual is to repel demons, this part most of all. If its fighting you, then you are indeed just what we need. This was not an issue when the blood was in a bottle. But now..." He shrugs slightly at the current state of affairs.

Floria draws her dagger, the blade feeling unusually cold and heavy in her hand, and uses it to cut a gash along her palm. Her hands are trembling so bad, that the wound ends up being much bigger than she'd intended, the skin peeling back under the cold iron like it were demon flesh itself.

As she holds the cut over the nearest symbol... nothing appears to happens... despite the length and depth of the gash on her hand, no blood flows out of it. A quick glance shows the blood forming there, but it does not flow any further, as if it too refuses to come any closer. It takes her a few hard shakes, to finally get some of it to fall free, and gravity takes over from there, the drops hitting the symbol below her hand and the stones around it as well. The dark fluid rests there a moment, then seems to get absorbed into the stone, the symbol around it glowing darkly for a moment, before returning to normal.

"Excellent, its working." Kreighton observes. "One more, quickly."

Her every nerve fires as she turns to the last symbol, her brain yelling at her to stop, to leave the circle before it is to late, the force of it sending her to her knees. Again she brings her hand out, the blood once again seemingly reluctant to come out, even with some vigorous shaking this time. Finally, with a strangled cry, she just jams her entire hand, palm first, onto the symbol, forcing the blood pooled in the wound directly onto it.

There isn't even a delay this time, as that symbol grows dark for a moment, then the entire circle begins to glow.

"Yes!" Kreighton cries, and immediately starts chanting arcane phrases again.

In quick succession, the other two light up as well, bands of energy running between them, as they all come to life. The effect continues for a long moment, then with a sudden flash, a nimbus of energy bursts outwards, and all three go dark.

Inside the Starrise Spire, you hear the sounds of battle suddenly cease, and yells of surprise and relief filling the void. Up in the sky, above Nerosyan, you see multitude's of demons suddenly pop into existence, some of them with wings, hovering there, in surprise, and anger. Others, without wings, immediately starting to plummet to the ground below... with perhaps a little more surprise and anger.

"It worked!" Kreighton yells, giving Floria a pat on the back. "I didn't think it would force them back out like that, but I'll consider that bonus. Whatever you did, seems to have added a little extra to it. I'll have to recheck the ritual notes, to see if they say anything about that."

Floria, for her part, feels the overwhelming need to leave lessen... but it does not go away completely. She now eyes the Spire with nervous wariness, not eager to be anywhere near it... her brain telling her that there are many other places, that are not here, that could use her attention.

Success!

Now of course, where to next. You still looking for VC Jorsal, though he does not appear to be here. Though perhaps Kreighton knows.

Party status:
Alessio 23/31
Eamon 6/23
Floria 18/29
Huni 17/31
Kara 16/23 (after the spell runs its course)
Sangkip+ 20/31

You do have the option to request some supplies, gratis, from the Society quartermasters. Those supplies are limited given the current situation... but do include some minor healing, as well as some cold iron weaponry/ammunition if needed. This can only be done 3 times.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Holy smokes, I thought we were in TPK territory.

Alessio goes to patch himself up with the wand in his hand.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Not a moment too soon. Floria, your sacrifice is appreciated. I am in debt to you. Alessio sees to the needs of the others.

Assume Alessio activates your wand for you if you lack the ability.

Master Shane, we are equally indebted to you. We can repay the favor by finishing the fight with these demons. We have important information about a betrayal at the highest level that we must report to VC Jorsal. Thurl sided with the demons and has defected.


The victories always feel better when you feel like you earned them! If your not sweating a little, or eagerly cheering when the bad guys go down, what's the point?! =)

Kreighton Shane doesn't answer Alessio's comment at first, as he stands hunched over a bit of parchment scribbling notes, muttering to himself. Eventually though, his sensitive elven ears finally pick up that he's being talked to.

"Hmm? What was that?" He mutters, looking up distractedly. "Thurl?"

He looks puzzled for a moment, as if trying to place the name. "You mean that surly dwarven fellow that heads up the secondary lodge? A right wiz at demonic lore, that one!"

He smiles, clearly missing the point for a moment... but the smile suddenly disappears, replaced by a concerned frown as he works out the problem in his logic.

"Wait, he's working with the demons? And you have proof?" he scratches his head with a worried look. "Oh dear, that's not good at all. Jorsal should definitely hear about that... it puts all of our countermeasures in question. Perhaps even why this attack happened here!"

"Jorsal rode out just before the attack here with one of his assistants." He adds, quickly, pointing off to the northeast. Went to the Battle District to meet up with some of the Crusader Commanders in one of their command bunkers. Then he was to go go the Gate to help coordinate efforts there. The fighting has been quite heavy. He should be at one of those places."

You all remember the Battle Gate, as that's where you worked with Commander Neylan, what feels like ages ago. Fighting was relatively light there, when you left, though must have picked up again, if what Kreighton is saying is true. The bunker he mentioned is on the way there.

"You should hurry though." He looks at you all speculatively. "We should be alright here now. You guys though... you look a proper mess. Feel free to request some assistance from the quartermaster or the med station, if you need some, before you go."

Again, a reminder of the Pathfinder Supplies you can get if needed... they are only available in the current act.

You can head directly to the Gate (which will lead to another trip outside the walls, or stop to check in at the Battle District bunker on the way)
One of them might have the VC =)
Its a fun-filled game of Where's Jorsal? (should put red and white stripes on his armor)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Still just basic weapons and armor?

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara's Infernal Healing runs its course, and with it the threatening, cajoling voices in her head. She wonders whether it was worth it, but is certain that she would be dead without it.

HP 17/23

She Prestidigitates the smudges and blood off her gown, then voices her opinion that the Battle District bunker should be checked on the way to the Gate.

@GM, are wands of CLW available at the healing station? Can we get them for Prestige Points?

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 6) + 2 = 15

Sangkip is soon feeling right as rain and is ready to head to the Battle District!


No, you can get an actual cast CLW (5th level caster), or some cold iron ammunition, or a mwk cold iron weapon. All for free. But again, no more than 3 times total (not each). And only for the duration of the scenario (ie: you don't keep the weapons)

As for buying supplies in general... um... that I'd have to ponder, especially using prestige, as available pathfinder resources are a bit limited at the moment!

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni offers his Wand of CLW to his companions. Just roll your own healing. I'll deduct it from my wand.

He'll use his wand on himself
Wand of Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wand of Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio will take a MWK Cold Iron longspear in that case.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Thank you, Alessio. You are a man of honor and wisdom.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

That'll do. HP 23/23 and ready to go.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Just doing my duty, m'lady. Let's see this through. Alessio gives Kara a nod.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

I think we should probably requisition 3 masterwork cold iron weapons for our fighters rather than use the healing. So two in addition to Alessio's

Floria stumbles back out of the circle after the ritual is complete, clearly distraught. She's been burned, stabbed, covered in demon blood, and found out that her life's dearest goal, to prove that she's not tainted by fiendish blood, is a failure. She collapses in a heap and sobs inconsolable, Kreighton Shane's bedside manner is, as ever, execrable.

After a couple of minutes though she collects herself. "Isn't this why you came here? To find out the nature of your moods? . Uncle Frederich didn't make a pact with a devil, and you're not playing host to some entity, the entity is you. That doesn't mean you're evil. You can show the abyss that you're stronger than them, that they can't change who you are.

She stands up and wipes her eyes (leaving two pale patches amongst all the dried blood she's covered in), holds her head high and goes over to Alessio, handing him her wand. "If you wouldn't mind good sir"

Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

She then approaches Kara cautiously. "Kara during the battle at the end there, you seemed conflicted. Are you OK? I'm not a bad person, demon blood notwithstanding. I'd very much like to be your friend, if you'll still have me, and I'd also very much like you to clean this blood off of me like you did yours" She tries for a warm smile amidst all the horror.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Ohhh. I'm just using original strength cold iron daggers, I'll gladly leave those here and borrow some masterwork ones.

"Oh man, if someone's got cleaning spells, ol' Sangkip's hopping in line! And Floria, way I figure, there are plenty of things out there where the best weapon against 'em is themselves. There's more than one way to look at an unpleasant heritage."


At most, you can get 3 weapons, so you might not get to replace both.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Oh, Floria, no. Infernal Healing saved my life, but it comes with a cost. The demon whose blood is used gained a foothold in my brain and tried to convince me that you were my enemy. It...it scared me.

But I'm fine now, and no demon will ever convince me that you are not my true and wonderful friend.

Kara moves to hug Floria, if allowed.

She is happy to Prestidigitate the stains off anyone's clothes. Quite eager, in fact!

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

sangkip can have my share of cold iron. No need for the spear.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

If holy water damages demons, and if Floria is aware of that, she'll have a look around the spire to see if she can purchase any. She'll also suggest it to Alessio since I think he'd do extra damage with it.

Floria embraces Kara and turns to face the demonic onslaught with renewed vigour (and cleaner clothes!) "Let's go send some Demons back to the abyss!"

I suggest we stop in at the battle district bunker and ask after Jorsal there. We'd feel pretty silly if we went outside the walls again if he was just sat by the gate

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

I'm in for holy water

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

sorry that grel post above is for Alessio. On my phone :/


Its not really a share. There's only 3 total. =)

And Floria, your reluctance to be near the Spire, much less in it, is still going on... you could get one of the others to ask for you though =)

Although Kara's intentions are good, if a little superficial, she will find cleaning herself, or anyone else, much more difficult, and time consuming, than she'd planned. Without completely stripping down, her cantrip can only do so much, and it can't help the damage to the clothing at all. She can also only clean what she can see, which makes getting her backside, or under limbs and such, with obvious patches she didn't notice she missed.

Cleaning Sangkip is even worse. The cantrip can get the grime and the blood, and the healing fixes most of the burns and cuts. But nothing but time will grow back the numerous patches of fur that were burned away in their acquisition. Worse, with the signs of battle cleaned away, it just looks like some sort of mange has set in, all patchy and ragged.

Though you do earn a rather disapproving look from the Master of Scrolls, when he notices you seem more concerned about cleaning your clothes than the demon attacks happening all around the city.

You are able to stop at the Society Quartermaster, who has set up an aid station just inside the Starrise Spire. Strangely, Floria chooses not to come in with you. Reluctant to go inside the building at all, apparently a side effect of the ritual, she stays out on the street, eyeing it warily eager to move on... though claiming she has some more things to ask Kreighton Shane, to cover her reluctance.

The burly man inside, missing a leg from some long ago battle, frowns at your request for weapons, then goes back to dig around. Eventually, he returns with three blades, of surprisingly high quality... though two of them appear to still be covered in blood, some of it quite recent.

"We've had to repurpose a few things that were not being used anymore." He explains, with a pragmatic shrug, before sliding them across the table. "Try not to lose 'em, in case we need to pass them along to a relative or the like, later."

Still need you guys to sort out what you get. But 3 weapons of some sort. =)

When Kara asks about healing wands, or holy water for Floria, he only shakes his head. "We got a few finger wigglers that can patch up some of your wounds, but if you want more long term healing resources or water, those are scarce as it is, and nothing to spare here at the moment."

"Not going to many places doing business during this mess." He adds, "Though the Cruciform Cathedral would be open, they might have something they can give you for appropriate donations." He shrugs again, clearly thinking it a long shot.

The Cruciform Cathedral is the big tower directly in the center of the city. It is the main temple of Iomedae. Remind me later, I might be able to pass you through there. =)

Eventually, you start out again, heading towards the Battle Gate once more, in search of Venture Captain Jorsal.

401 to 450 of 2,729 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.