EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... all set on the edges, and often inside, of the demon-infested Worldwound!

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


101 to 150 of 2,729 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio does his best to search for the lost goods. We will set to retrieve your items immediately.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni sighs as he is forced to agree with the vanara's sentiment. He helps to look for whatever equipment he was supposed to be looking for.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Note, there are two tasks here... so probably best if not everyone did the same one =)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Ah, want to make sure I understand the direction.

Quote:
Anyone can help find the missing stuff, with Perception (and taking the time to look) ... or they can help with fixing some of the broken equipment with appropriate crafing skills (and taking the a fore mentioned time to do so). You can't do both! DC's are different for each.

It says "or" so I figured we would just pick the skill check. Should we attempt both evenly? You also stipulated we can't do both. Or is there another task I've missed?


There are two total tasks... and 6 of you to help with them.
One person can help with task A, or with task B. Not both.
At the end, between everyone: you will either have A done, B done, both done, or none... depending on how you divide the labor and die rolls.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Would craft clothing help with the armour? Floria's family makes military uniforms and she has some skill with that, but not armour specifically

If she can, Floria will attempt to mend what armour is in the shipment using the tailoring skills she learnt under her Father. She can't beat out the dents in a breastplate, but she could stitch leather armour back together, or affix plates on lamellar using thread perhaps?

Craft (clothing): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

However if it's all plate mail and it doesn't look like her skills will be useful she won't do that and instead will have to help with searching.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Craft can be done untrained. Its just an int check. People seem to forget that sometimes.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

I had indeed forgotten (or never known) that! In that case Floria will make do as best she can trying to repair the arms and armour if that's ok

Using her travellers any tool as masterwork tools for the repairs (which she asks her porter to retrieve for her), Floria attempts to make the respiratory

Craft (Whatever is most appropriate) INT + Masterwork tools: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara has never crafted anything in her life, but she did talk to her handmaidens about sewing occasionally.

If you double up the thread and twist it, you don't need to do as many stitches for the same strength.

Craft, Untrained, Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Heh, I would have let you keep the previous roll... but with Kara's aid, that one will work too. =)

Knowing what Crusader Barre's squad's current issues are, that are keeping her from sending some of them into the city proper, the Pathfinders immediately set in to help. The guys all add a few fresh sets of eyes, in search of the misplaced supplies, while the gals both decide to check on the damaged armor, to see if its a fix that can be applied with a little thought and know how.

Barre is happy for the help, insisting it won't take long, as she sends along some extra hands to help Kara and Floria.

Eventually, the crates are located in an area that appears to have been set up for emergency medical treatment. The corpsman there having used the crates as convenient cots, covering them with blankets so that no one noticed they were not actual cots.

He seems a little surprised when you start carting them away, not realizing what they were... though does ask if he can have the crates back at least...

Back with the damaged equipment, the two Pathfinders there put their heads together as they examine what needs to be fixed. Floria takes the lead, her experience with military uniforms making her the closest thing to an expert in the room. Luckily, between her and Kara, there is a fair amount of brainpower on display, and with the two soldiers assigned to help for grunt work, they are able to stitch, patch up, bend, pull, and jury rig, enough temporary solutions and bypass enough of the more egregious problems, that everyone agrees should allow the equipment to survive another foray into the field, while still doing the job it was intended for.

Barre is relieved when she finally gets the news, immediately seeing that the supplies in the crates are distributed where they needed to be, and that the patched up gear is put to use.

"My thanks." She says, looking the least stressed you've seen here since you arrived. "Tell the Commander I've sent two units into the city on the Tower side. The rest will stay here on post."

Success!


As you head back southeast, you realize that the battle is definitely progressing. What was just a few initial skirmishes when you started out, has clearly started to pick up. You see foul demonic shapes up in the air, mostly outside the walls, but occasionally inside as well. Sounds of fighting are coming from all over.

By the time you reach the next squad's location, southeast of the Commander's, you realize that a major battle has just happened there.

A tall, severe-looking elven woman stands in the middle of it all, directing the soldiers there. Clearly the one in charge. The remains of a number of strange demonic creatures lay about, waiting their turn to be tossed over the side of the battlement, and many of the soldiers sport wounds of their own.

Judging by the shapes covered by sheets lined up on one side, they did not escape the engagement without losing a few of their own, those being tended by a few medical corpsmen.

The elven woman eyes you warily as you approach, one hand on the hilt of a slender blade at her hip.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Thank the gods. Some proper battle-hardened troops at last. Commander Neylan's putting together a sorty to deal with the demons that have already snuck in. We need you to send some of your soldiers to join it." Sangkip's tail snakes to a sheathe on his belt and draws out a wand painted with a vague symbol of Sarenrae on it. "We can help get some of your wounded back on their feet if that'll help get things moving more quickly."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

The other commanders are responding to the call as well.

Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


The elven woman continues to eye you suspiciously. "I am Crusader Ialya." She says, finally. "As you can see, we have our hands busy here. My orders are clear. Protect the battlements."

"We managed to drive this last attack off, but those demons shall return soon enough." Her eyes go hard. "And I do not intend to face them short handed, or go against my orders."

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria begins distracted, drawn to the bodies of the demon like creatures. She'll examine one if they haven't all been tossed over yet. Her heart races as she does so Will they appear familiar to me, kindred? Or just another evil dead end?

She crouches over the creature and examines it.

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

At hearing Crusader Ialya she'll stand up from the crouch and turn to face her.

"Crusader Ialya, the enemy is already inside the walls as I'm sure you can see. They have no need to attack the battlements other than to distract you, and we are here to deliver an update to your orders from Commander Neylan personally. You and your forces are clearly brave and strong, but they'll be more use in the city where the defences are weakest and you know it. "

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Lots of folks aiding... who's taking the lead? =)

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Not the Minus three Monkey!

More seriously, Eamon's got our best Diplomacy modifier, but Floria and Huni are only one behind him.


Eamon's been a wash so far. Not sure he's even following the thread!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

He did check in back at the Starrise Spire, but well... that is why I mentioned that Huni was only one lower in Diplomacy...

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Can we bot Eamon for this purpose? Failing that, can we take the highest roll or maybe choose our Face randomly among the participants?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

You have orders from your Commander. If the city falls, the walls are worthless. Will you lend your aid? Alessio appeals to her sense of duty.

Prof Soldier in place of diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Sad face

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

As the group approaches the next group, Huni casts Enhanced Diplomacy on himself.
He talks plainly to the commander, eye to eye without raising his voice."So the rest of the city can burn as long as you defend this one section of the wall? You're a good soldier, I'm sure, but I hope that you're a great leader. Send some help into the city before there's no city to defend."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

To the rescue!


Floria:
The demons here are strange winged creatures with just a single eye, and rows of needle sharp teeth. You believe you've heard reference to these particular creatures before, and in that reference, they were referred to as Storm Demons.

As to whether they are related to you or not, no idea! =)


The look she gives Alessio is almost withering. "Yes, I do have orders." She says. "Orders I do not intend to disobey."

It is quite clear she does not recognize you as her chain of command. (which you are not!)

She turns to Huni and adds. "And if the wall falls, the entire city not only burns, but is lost. As you can see, they are already here."

She looks at you all, shaking her head slightly. "And what do you lot do? Clearly you have not been fighting, why are you not down below?"

Her look softens a little. "My guess, is that this is your first time here? You have no idea what sort of evil we are facing."

"Fine, I will send some soldiers to help you." She finally concedes, though you suspect more out of pity for you, then a belief that it will help.

"But they will have strict orders of their own." She adds, her face stern once more. "You had best run along, before even worse things hit the wall here, once more."

Success! (though only due to the low tier discount)


You are a little uneasy as you approach the final section of wall, where Crusader Montvale is stationed. Especially given the Commander's warning.

When you arrive, it is clear, like Ialya's squad to the northwest, they too have recently fended off an attack, probably the same one. Though they have mostly finished clearing the field. Most of the soldiers seems nervous, and scan the sky for the next wave.

You find Montvale in the guardhouse. He is a wiry man with a nervous look, but while the soldiers look like they are looking out for more demonic attacks, Montvale looks like he's been looking over his shoulder his entire life.

When you state your reason for being here, he only laughs in your face, derisively.

"There ain't no way I'm going down there!" He replies. "G&$ d~~ned demons are everywhere now." He waves one hand towards the door and the evidence of the recent battle outside. "I sure as hell ain't gonna go looking for more of 'em."

"We're fine here, thanks."

Alessio or Sense Motive, DC 12:
Montvale looks like he is regretting his life choices in joining the guard. Clearly he wasn't expecting the demons to be suddenly getting past the wards, and him finding himself under an actual demonic assault. His entire demeanor just screams 'lazy'... but lazy that suddenly found out it was supposed to actually work.

Soft words might not be the way to go here.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Commander Neylan is delivering an order, soldier. You signed up, you carry it out. That's how it works. Alessio tries to deliver sternly.

Prof Soldier for Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Well you'd better send someone! If you don't send some troops you could get ambushed!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Sense Motive DC12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

You're not going to be fine here for long if the demons are allowed to gather in numbers while you sit and wait. Come on, man, take the fight to the enemy!

Diplomacy, Aid Whoever: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Hmm... thought the no 'soft words' would imply that diplomacy wasn't the best option.
Oh, and failing diplomacy has a consequence =)

"Commander Neylan isn't delivering s#+%, you are." He replies, to Alessio's words. "You seen what's out there? Not going down into that."

"So you lot just go on your merry way. We're good here."

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Huni steps into the commander's face. "Straighten your spine you puff pastry. You swore to defend this city and that's exactly what you're going to do. Commanders Neylan, Antonick, Barre, and Ialya have all sent sortie's to fight the demons that have gotten through. Do the same."

Intimidation 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Any help would be appreciated.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Damn right! Get in line, or pay the price!

Intimidate aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Floria smiles sweetly at Montvale. "If you keep all your men here, the demons will sweep over the city and devour everything until you are all that remains. They will take their time then, and relish in torturing you, slowly crunching your bones with their rows upon rows of teeth, keeping you alive for further depredations to be visited upon you by their unholy masters. You'll scream out the purest wish to have died in battle, and when you're dragged back to the abyss and your broken body finally expires after a decade of torture, your soul will be trapped there to suffer an eternity of exquisite horror."

She shrugs light heartedly

"Or so I've been told, we've not been here very long."

Intimidate to aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Pathfinders have struck a blow against the invaders in the Battle District
Condition green


Montvale winces as you lay into him, standing up and frowning.

"Hey, we're doin' our job here." He exclaims, defending himself under Huni and Alessio's withering gaze.

It isn't until Floria starts in that he noticeably gulps, and stands there, quietly, his eyes fixed on her as she describes what's coming, with a look halfway between horror and something less savory.

"Fine. Fine!" He finally shouts, if only to break the tension a little. "I'll send a few men out to the city. I get it."

"Where the hell did the Commander find you people?" He grumbles, as he sends out the command.

As you turn to head out, he glances at Floria again and adds. "What ya doing later?"

Success!


GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 5

As the troops drop down into the city, to fight off the demons that have gotten past the wall, and with the success of those fighting on it, conditions in the Battle District appear to have lightened considerably. Heartened by this, you continue on your original plan, to try to help those outside the wall as well. Commander Neylan allows you out the Battle District gates with a nod, and good wishes.

It doesn't take long to realize that the demons driven back from the walls, have instead turned on many of the entrenched outposts in the Outer District. A short distance out, you come upon just such a fortification, a small outpost, that was probably once just a checkpoint for gear and people coming into Nerosyan from further into Mendev. But now it is a battle ground, dead demons, but even more dead soldiers, still laying strewn about, with no time to collect the bodies.

A halfling in plate armor, waves to you from the fortification as you approach, beckoning you to come quickly. He has a small troop of men, all of them looking like they've been through a least two or three wringers.

"You there!" The small warrior shouts. "Get out of the open. There'll be more again soon!"

He steps out of the outpost to meet you as you get closer, and looks up at you through the opening in his recently dented plate helm, a glorious mustache running along the bottom edge of it.

"Captain Kranell" He says, by way of introduction. "What news of the battle from the walls?"

He listens with a concerned frown, at the news, shaking his head slightly.

"Those thrice-damned things have already gotten inside. They ain't supposed to be able to do that!" He calls some orders to one of his men, before turning back.

"We're still holding them off out here, but its been touch and go. Outside the walls is not the most auspicious place to be during a full on onslaught, let me tell you. But there are still people streaming in from some of the nearby communities that need protecting, so can't really bail." He laughs, clearly perfectly happy to be just here. "They've been on us since the bells started ringing, and ain't let up for long since."

Even as he talks, you hear a call go up from the far side, and the men start moving around that way, to intercept whatever is coming.

"Your just in time. Might want to stay a moment. Help out. Yes? A few extra swords could really help. And you're here anyway, right?" He adds, with a friendly smile, before moving back inside the defensive line.

"Hopefully this'll be the last of 'em, and we can then take a few moments to make repairs and call for reinforcements." He adds. "If you guys can work the western side here, we got the others. Should be fun... right?"

You have a few minutes to get ready.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

"The western side shall not fall." Huni casts Bless for as many as he can get inside the area, then Protection v Evil on himself, and, if there's time Divine Favor on himself.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria gives Montvale a wink and a playful flick of her hair as she turns to leave.

To Captain Kranell: "You can count on us Captain."

While the group is preparing she concentrates and subtle rings of concentric force seem to emanate from her head for a few seconds before a shield of psychic energy forms to protect her. Casting shield

"Before we go into battle I should warn you, sometimes I can get a bit, er, carried away in combat. Don't worry it's perfectly normal."

She tries for a disarming smile.

"Oh and I recognized the demons that attacked the defenders in Battle Districts as Storm Demons if that means anything to any of you. Good luck!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio takes a few vials from his bag and begins to consume them.

Alchemical Allocation to consume Magic Circle against Evil CL5. I'll use my Enhance Potion discovery to make that last 1hr 40 minutes. I'll also use my Touch Injection ability to store an extract of CLW for 4 hours.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara checks that her Mage Armor will continue through the expected battle one hour total time, so I think that's sufficient. If she feels like it might not, she uses her wand again.

Does anyone else want a little Mage Armor boost?

She readies her wand of Celestial Healing in her belt for easy access if needed.

Ready.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria is wearing a mithral shirt so mage armour wouldn't benefit her much (only the bonus against incorporeal touch AC would help) so she waves away Kara's kind offer.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon is tired and sweaty from battling a a horde of Dretches with some Crusaders. When he finally has a break in the battle; Eamon bids his new crusader brothers farewell, as he spots Commander Kranell issuing orders to a group of fellow Pathfinders, that Eamon recognized from earlier today.

Eamon approaches as Commander Kranell is finishing up issuing his orders.

Commander Kranell wrote:

"Your just in time. Might want to stay a moment. Help out. Yes? A few extra swords could really help. And you're here anyway, right?" He adds, with a friendly smile, before moving back inside the defensive line.

"Hopefully this'll be the last of 'em, and we can then take a few moments to make repairs and call for reinforcements." He adds. "If you guys can work the western side here, we got the others. Should be fun... right?"

Eamon makes a show of wiping some dark Dretch blood off his blade as he approaches the group and interjects. Quite right commander! Seems every sword is required... Eamon examines the others with a measuring eye. Some of us Pathfinders were born to slay Deamons and Devils. Most of whom gravitate towards the Silver Crusade faction like myself. Eamon sniffs lightly. Other Pathifnders..*sniff* ...ut umm..have other talents.. as it were. Eamon nods approvingly at Alessio Imeroni and Huni, whilst eyeing the two females with a bit of suspicion.

If it please the Commander I'll offer my sword to this group and perhaps a bit of guidance. Eamon sheathes his sword waiting for the commander's inevitable approval of his sensible offer.

Eamon is a bit surprised to see the familiar Vanara person appear from behind him...He tries to not let it show that he was startled but his voice is a tad high pitched when he squeaks to Sangkip, OH! it's you! um didn't se....um know you were part of this group? Will you be helping us to defend the western flank? Eamon says to the Vanara Sangkip with trepidation. Forgive me, I've yet to introduce myself...I'm Eamon Valda, Pathfinder in good standing with the Silver Crusade formally of Taldor. Having sworn off the wealth and power of by father's estate to pursue more noble purposes. Eamon emphasis the part about nobility and wealth and his sacrifice unashamedly.


Um... you're not talking to Neylan... she was the Commander back on the wall. This is Captain Kranell, outside the city!

GM Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 69
1d100 ⇒ 87

Alessio Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Eamon Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Floria Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Huni Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Kara Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Sangkip Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

schir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

As you take up position on the western barricade, making what preparations you can, it does not take long before you see dark, furtive shapes off in the distance, moving in quickly. Nearly a dozen creatures approach with unnatural speed, moving in strange jerky motions that are disconcerting to watch. A call goes up from the soldiers on the line, as they approach, fanning out to encompass the entire outpost.

They don't attack at first, seemingly content to lurk out of range, strange grating words echoing across the field in their unholy demonic tongue, accompanied by foul grunts and howls, as if they fight inward as well as outward. Their purpose is clear enough though, to sew unease and draw out the fear amongst their prey.

You catch the occasional glimpse of them, seven foot tall muscular creatures, with demonic goat-like heads, and hooves, and patches of shaggy gray fur covering reddish scabbed hide. They are constantly hunched over, making them appear smaller than they are, as they gnaw on the ends of wicked-looking halberds.

Knowledge (planes), DC 14:
These are in fact schir demons, often called spite demons by mortals. One of the lower hierarchy of demon, formed from souls guilty of heinous crimes in the act of petty retribution. They are used mostly as foot soldiers by the demonic forces, but relish that role.

More of course, with better results!

They do not posture for long... one moment, they are off in the distance, the next, all of them are charging across the field towards the outpost with a horrendous howl of hatred, and a speed that catches almost everyone off guard!

Only two of them approach from the west, but despite being ready for it, only Floria has the opportunity to react in time before they hit the barrier!

- Round 1 ----
Floria
yellow schir, red schir
Eamon
Kara
Alessio
Sangkip
Huni

Group Buffs: bless

Floria is up!

Alessio, put a little blue circle on your token, as a reminder to folks =) Emanations are annoying from a 'where to center them' perspective... so will give a little wiggle room.

They didn't give me a map, so I rigged one up from discarded parts. Ignore the ballista... its just for show it doesn't work! =) Map link at the top.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Magic circle is kind of a weird one. You get the effects of the spell while in the circle but lose them and don't regain when you leave. It's more about the 10ft buffer against evil outsiders, which seems relevant coming up.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none
GM wrote:
Um... you're not talking to Neylan... she was the Commander back on the wall. This is Captain Kranell, outside the city!

fixed

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Floria calls out: "Spite Demons!" She'll then go on to blurt out a few seconds of any useful information she knows about them, which would likely be related to their damage reduction / immunities if she got to pick.

She'll then concentrate with her hands firmly gripping the barricade in front, and two orbs of pure psychic energy will shoot forth at the demon approaching her, Allessio and Sangkip. Finally she'll draw her wand of cure light wounds just in case.

Standard action to cast magic missile at yellow, move action to draw the wand. She does need UMD to use it FYI

Magic missile force damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6
Caster level check if necessary: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Floria knows enough about spite demons to know, like many of their kind, that weapons not made of cold iron, or those not blessed by holy forces, have a harder time damaging them. Luckily, her magic missiles seem to do just fine, though she does note a little resistance as they fly in, so they definitely have some ability to ignore magical attacks as well... though she is able to overcome it!

GM Screen:
yellow vs Floria: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 26, red vs Eamon: 3d10 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 7) + 4 = 14

Of course, it also serves to draw the creatures attention, and it immediately adjusts its course, as it races in, demonic hooves pounding in the dirt. At first, you think it a bit of a relief, given the long line of outward facing stakes embedded all around the outpost, but the demon builds up so much speed, that when it finally leaps, it covers half the distance in the air alone! Landing on top of the posts themselves, as if they were solid ground. For just a moment, Floria is reminded of mountain goats clinging to steep rocky ledges in defiance of gravity, then its horns sink deep into her shoulder! (14 damage to Floria!) It nearly tears her off her feet with a backward turn of its shaggy head, as it stays balanced up on top of the defensive spikes and lets loose a demonic bellow.

The second demon seems a bit less dramatic in its entrance, as it instead heads for the opening in the wall there, howling, and tries to take Eamon's head off with its own halberd. It is pure luck that deflects the blow, as the demonic creature is far too eager, and overswings. Its weapon catching the edge of the broken siege weapon behind it as it comes around. Instead of cleaving Eamon's skull, it instead takes a large chunk out of the wooden palisade... though you can feel the force of the blow vibrating through the ground.

All around the outpost, more demons clash with the defenders as they hit the barricade, sending up a deafening wave of sound.

- Round 1 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio
Sangkip
Huni

- Round 2 ----
Floria (-14)
yellow schir (-6), red schir

Group Buffs: bless

Everyone is up!

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara points at the red schir and says, "Burn.".

Casting Spontaneous Immolation.

Damage, Evoker: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 1 = 7 fire, Fort DC15 half

Burn 1d6 on failed save.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio slings a bomb at the monster attacking Floria.

bomb, bless vs touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

Silver Crusade

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +6, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:2/8, 2nd: 4/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 3/5; Dark Half 2/8 Reach Rod 1/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, kobold form

Floria screams in pain at the wound in her shoulder, and when she opens her eyes again they are yellow like a cats', and her face is snarled up in rage. She steps back, tilts her head forward, and unleashes the fury of her mind.

Manifest dark half as a swift action (+1 to spell DCs, +2 will, immune to fear), five-foot step back, then cast mind thrust ii on yellow using two phrenic pool points on overpowering mind to up the DC

Mind Thrust Damage (DC 20 will save for half): 4d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 4) = 17
Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Hearing the words "Spite Demons" from Floria, Eamon draws his cold iron dagger almost instinctively. He shuffles to the side a bit in order to let the war priest also engage in melee with the demon and then Eamon sets about trying to carve up the gift from the abyss. cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

101 to 150 of 2,729 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.