EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... all set on the edges, and often inside, of the demon-infested Worldwound!

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


151 to 200 of 2,729 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Wow, she warned me she had a temper, but I never knew the extent...


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Pathfinders have started pushing back against the horde in the Egelsee and Outer districts
Condition Yellow in both locations

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Sangkip sighs and puts his nice daggers away, bringing out his unenchanted backups as they go off to hunt demons.

As the Spite Demons bound forward Sangkip slides closer to plunge cold iron through demonic flesh.

Dagger (Bless): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Dagger (Bless): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Pathfinders have continued driving back the hordes in Egelsee!
Condition green in that location

Grand Lodge

GM

Time seems to slow to a pause as a tall human calmly walks through the battlefield. Was that... the legendary Psychic Cugel Marat?

Seeker Aid Token
You may use this token to:
Benefit from aid another
or
Increase an attack’s damage
or
Heal all PCs
or
Increase a spell’s save DC

***

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

I vote we use it to heal Floria (and anyone else who gets hit this round).

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Totally.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Protection v Evil
Divine Favor

Huni hurries to the enemy and strikes at them.

Unarmed Strike: Belier's Bite, Divine Favor, bless
to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 25 to hurt: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4


GM Screen:
SR vs immolation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Will: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18

melee vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 = 29, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
bite vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23, 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

melee vs Eamon: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
bite vs Eamon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

As the demons descend on your position, Kara says a quick arcane spell, directing its energy towards the nearest one, intent on lighting it on fire... but try as she might, she can't quite manage to pierce its magical resistances, and her spell fades before it can even form. Her disappointment is only nominally assuaged when Alessio tries a similar fire-based tack with the second spite demon, lobbing a alchemical bomb at it from close range. The concoction strikes the demon across the side, exploding in a small inferno of burning chemicals... all of which the creature completely ignores. The fires burn bright for a moment, doing no damage to its fiendish hide. The defensive spikes and the ground beneath it seem to take more damage from the flames than the original target.

The same can not be said for Floria's response to being gored by its initial assault. Her entire face seems to shift, and change, right before your eyes, as she steps back, nothing but rage emanating from it. For a moment, you feel like you're seeing a completely different person. But, though outward she is screaming, the loudest scream is all coming from inside... in a place only she, and the subject of her ire can hear.

The schir on the barricade suddenly lets out a howl of agony, its claw-like hand going to its head, as blood starts to flow from its nose and ears. It manages to keep its feet, but it is clearly suffering under some sort of mental onslaught. Enough so that Sangkip manages to slip underneath its guard, and jab it it with a couple of knives. Though the first deflects off its course fur, the second sinks into its leg, just above the knee, the cold iron finding no resistance. Blackened blood starts to flow freely, only seeming to make it angrier. As soon as the dagger strikes though, the demon howls in rage, furious that someone would use such fouls metal against it! It immediately turns on the small vanaran, with foul determination.

Still perched on the barricade, as if it were nothing, it slams its halberd down on Sangkip's shoulder, nearly taking his arm off, before it jams its savage horns deep into his chest, lifting him off the ground for a moment in excruciating pain, before dropping him back to the ground. (19 damage to Sangkip)

Sangkip, Fortitude save please!

On the other side, Huni and Eamon confront the other demon, both of them taking a more physical approach. Eamon manages to draw a long gash along its chest with his dagger, the demon howling in anger as the cold iron bites into its skin. Before it can react further though, Huni comes in low, with a single unarmed blow that is almost entirely absorbed by the demons demonic protections... but only almost. The strike opens the smallest of scratches along its ribs, but suddenly, that scratch is bleeding like he too had stabbed it with a dagger! The demon does not seem to notice, as it focuses its ire on the mortal with the cold iron weapon, hacking at Eamon with the halberd, before trying to gouge him with its horns. Luckily, his armor deflects the worst of it, as he retreats under the demon's furious assault.

In quick order, the demon manages to do a considerable amount of damage, blood flowing from its weapon and its horns, as well as its own wounds, all of it mingling together as it drops down onto the barricade.

But before it can do more damage, you see a second group of Pathfinder agents pass by, off in the distance, fighting off demons of their own... but not before one of them sees the plight you are in below, an sends a small blessing your way. Like magic, the wounds on both Sangkip and Floria heal back up, only the blood remaining to hint at the grievous blows they were only moments before!

Token used!

- Round 1 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio
Sangkip
Huni

- Round 2 ----
Floria
yellow schir (-28), red schir (-6, 4 bleed)

Group Buffs: bless

Everyone is up!

Fort save pending from Sangkip

Spell Resistance killed Kara's spell, fire resistance Alessio's bomb. Luckily, Huni got 1 point through the DR, for the bleed to actually happen.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara attempts to put Yellow down permanently with a Force Missile.

Force Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

FM 5/6

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 ~Probably passes... Assuming that doesn't stun me or something similar

Sangkip, quite used to being nearly smashed into a paste, continues to battle undaunted.

"Alessio! Get over here and distract this thing a minute, and I'll carve you off a nice set of goat-skin-galoshes!"

If Sangkip gets his flank:

Dagger (Bless, Flank): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 23
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (8, 4) = 18
Dagger (Bless, Flank): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 25
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (8, 5) = 21
If that first swing finishes Goatboy off, then Sangkip will move to the location marked on the map by transparent imaginary Sangkip

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

"My attacks are having little effect. You keep hurting it. I'll try to keep it distracted." Huni tries to maneuver into a better position.

Unarmed Strike: Belier's Bite, Divine Favor
to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25 to hurt: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +6, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:2/8, 2nd: 4/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 3/5; Dark Half 2/8 Reach Rod 1/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, kobold form

Floria grins a malicious smile as she sees the demon bleed, and she lets out a laugh that sounds quite evil.

If Sangkip is able to make his request:
She draws her cold iron dagger as she moves around the barricade into a flanking position with Sangkip and attempts an aid another to aid his AC
Aid another: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

If Sangkip is stunned or otherwise unable to ask for the flank:
She draws a deep breath and targets yellow with an undercast Mind Thrust I (Will save DC 18 half). If the creature takes any damage it is also subject to 1 point of bleed
Mind Thrust I damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 4) = 12

Either way at the end of her turn the healing focuses her mind and she attempts to exert her will to return to normal.

concentration Vs DC 14: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


GM Screen:
CL check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Kara summons up a small missile of force, and sends it rocketing towards the more injured of the two demons. Like her previous attempt, she can feel the creature's resistances trying to dissipate it before it can form, but she is ready for it this time, and manages to push past it. The spell slams into the demons side, almost toppling it from its precarious perch on top of the barricade.

Beside it, Sangkip tries to find a sensitive spot, but realizes he can not do that without someone to distract the thing. He calls for Allesio to help, but it is Floria that moves to assist. Her face still contorted by whatever emotional or physical trauma has overcome her, she quickly ducks out through the opening, out of the outpost walls, and moves around to the far side, drawing a dagger of her own as she goes. She waves it at the demon, her face snarling, whether she intended it to or not, attempting to draw its attention enough for Sangkip to make his strike.

And strike he does! With it finally having to divide its focus, he is able to vault up to the adjoining barricade stake, and thrust his blade up under the demon's shaggy arms, sinking it deeply into whatever foul organs beat beneath. With a strange ululating cry, spite demon finally loses its balance, and topples dead, down amidst the stakes, halberd still clutched in its claw-like hand.

Satisfied, Sangkip then leaps towards the remaining demon. The same demon that Huni is is fighting. He tries to strike it again, but begins to realize that unarmed, he will never do much damage versus these creatures from the abyss. Still, he manages to scratch it yet again... and again, its black foul blood flows freely from the negligible wound, almost unnoticed.

- Round 1 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio
Sangkip*
Huni

- Round 2 ----
Floria
red schir (-12, 4 bleed)

Group Buffs: bless

Eamon and Alessio to go!

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

I was at work and could not move my character when I originally posted, so I just moved him.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio joins the fight with the remaining demon, drawing a cold iron dagger and stabbing as he arrives.

ci dagger, flank: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

With poor effort.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon doesn’t try anything fancy he slides left 5ft step and works quickly trying to stab the demon cold iron dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 don’t know if I’m flanking or not with Alessio, if I am, add +2 to attack result


Eamon and Alessio both close on the last nearby demon, both of them wielding only cold iron daggers, but the creature is quick on its hooves, and nimbly dodges both of their attacks, with only a sneer and an uttered howl in response.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Luckily, its own attempts have no better luck, as it continues its attacks on Eamon to no avail. Both its halberd and wicked goat-like horns, are turned back, one after the other.

And all the while, the minor scrapes it received from Huni continue to bleed... unnoticed in the heat of battle.

- Round 3 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio
Sangkip*
Huni

- Round 4 ----
Floria
red schir (-16, 4 bleed)

Group Buffs: bless

Party is up, 'cause this demon sucks!

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

GM I edited my post a bit to include a 5ft step unsure if this put me in flanking position or not, so I didn’t include it in my attack roll adjust actions according to GMs discretion as always


I accounted for it

And its your turn again, why didn't you post an action! (sorry, pet peeve of mine when players are up, and they post something, but don't actually include an action of any sort... even just a conditional one!)

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Coming back to her normal self on the wrong side of the barricade, Floria has a quick moment of panic and moves back to where her allies are engaging the second demon.

She can feel her reserves of psychic energy depleting, but this demon means business, and she has the throbbing of the now healed wound in her shoulder as testament to that. I really should have picked up a wand in Absalom. Or a crossbow. She takes cover behind the ballista and attempts another psychic assault.

DC 17 will save half

Mind Thrust I damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 1) = 7
Caster level check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio tries to rake his dagger against the monster, mostly for providing Eamon an advantage.

CI Dagger, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Another poor attempt.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara sends another Force Missile at the remaining demon.

Force Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

FM 4/6

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

A near-manic grin on his face, Sangkip scampers towards the goat demon, "Eamon, you get him from behind, I'll take the front!"

It sounds like Eamon will be able to move this turn, if so, Sangkip strikes after the flank, if not, Sangkip will apply Combat Expertise to his strike and lose the flank and sneak attack

Dagger (Flank, Bless): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 31
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1, 4) = 13

Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 28
Extra Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


GM Screen:
SR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

With quick efficiency, you close on the remaining demon!

Floria again tries to disrupt its mind with her own, but out of her darker state, she can't quite manage to work up the will to force her mind to touch that of the foul creature in front of her, and in the end, all her efforts are for naught. Kara again tries a missile of pure force, but despite her success the first time, can't get another through the creature's fiendish resistances either.

Alessio tries to stab the thing with his dagger, while it is singularly focused on Eamon, but it moves far too quickly for him to make contact at all. Eventually though, its focus proves its undoing, as it shifts enough for Sangkip to duck in behind, and jab his dagger into the back of this one as well! The blade slides in deeply, foul blood gushing from the wound as he pulls it free, getting Sangkip right in the face.

The demon howls in fury, all thoughts of Eamon gone, as it turns it ire on the vanaran! Of course, even as it does so, it staggers slightly... a confused look on its bestial features. It growls angrily, shaking its head, before raising its weapon and bringing it around in a mighty sweep... but that motion seems to be too much, and instead of hitting anything, the momentum continues to carry it in a rough circle, before it collapses to the ground.

And still... blood continues to gush from the tiny scratches Huni created on its thigh.

OK, technically, even if it survives whatever Huni and Eamon do, once it turn comes up, it takes 4 bleed... and game over! So shall call it here. And give the scratch the victory! =)

Though you managed to dispatch the two demons on this flank quite quickly, the assault continues on the others. The sounds of howling spite demons and the cries of soldiers and clash of weapons are everywhere. You quickly move to assist the rest of Captain Kranell's men... and together you are able to kill or drive off the last of the demons in this wave. A loud cheer goes up from the assembled soldiers as the last of them fall or flee, and no more come bounding over the field to join in.

Success!

"Oh, well done!" Kranell crows, as his men quickly regroup and attend to their wounds. "Damned goats come in so quick, its hard to get a good front set up sometimes."

He eyes the weapons in your hands, and frowns. "What? You put 'em down with those pig stickers? By the gods. Those might do the job on these bastards, but you run into anything bigger, you'll want a proper sword for that!"

"Go see Trubin." He adds, pointing to a bald man across the outpost, bandaging another man's head. "He's the quartermaster, we might have a few things left we can spare."

You guys can buy basic cold iron weapons here, if you've the need. Or you can stick with the daggers =)

"Seems to be clear for the moment, going to get this last batch of refugees into the city while we can." He adds, pointing to some frightened folks cowering in the center of the outpost.

"Good luck wherever you head next! We're all gonna need it!" He laughs, though there is little humor in it.

Things do indeed seem quiet outside the walls at the moment, but judging by the trails of smoke wafting into the air, and distant sounds of combat, much of it must be inside the city now... towards towards the Worldwound side.

Where to next guys? Woundward and Confluence at the highest threat levels, Thurl's location unknown (though you could always try asking). Or you can stay in the areas with less hostile activity.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

I had no idea cold iron was so effective against demons. I shall have to see about a light crossbow 35gp and some cold iron bolts 2gp for 10. And I suppose a dagger 4gp would be a good idea also.

Purchase assumed made unless the crossbow is not available. Total 41gp.

Have you seen Thurl?, Kara calls after Kranell.


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Further victories have been achieved in Egelsee and the Outer districts!
In Woundward, the initial push back against the horde has started working!

Condition green in those locations


"Thurl?" Kranell mutters, turning back a moment at Kara's question. "No one here by that name. Only Thurl I know of is that dwarf that runs the mercenary company, somewhere over in Egelsee. Imagine they're caught up in this mess like everyone else, now though."

Kara, all of those items are available.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni will purchase a longsword and 10 crossbow bolts.

Anyone hurt? Huni has CLW. Make your own rolls and let me know.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Egelsee, eh? Let's take a look, see if we can figure out what happened to him..."

Sangkip is happy to stick with his daggers :-p

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

"Pig Sticker? I'll have you know that this is a Smine, crafted by Venture Captain Holgarine Smine himself!"

The dagger is quite ornate, with a snarling imp worked into the handle, but it's not a particularly fine blade It does give a +1 to intimidate checks made with it though, and has 5 extra hit points!. Floria is clearly a bit rattled after the combat.

She will also purchase a light crossbow and 40 bolts for 43 GP. She asks the quartermaster in a quiet voice to remind her of its basic operation. This pushes her into medium encumbrance, I'll update her sheet later to reflect that, but she now has a 20 ft. Move speed

"Right you are Sangkip, let's find Thurl and see if he needs any help.

She follows along, breathing heavily under the new weight after a while.

Egelsee did just go "Green", does that mean we don't need to go there?

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Changed it to a purchase of
- 30gp Cold Iron Longsword
- 400gp Composite Longbow with +3 strength
- 5gp Cold Iron arrows x50

"Where should we look?"


You will not find a composite bow here

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

I realized that Huni doesn't have a ranged option. I guess it's a crossbow with bolts it is then.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara reconsiders and goes back to purchase 30 more cold iron bolts.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

I realised I didn't say cold iron bolts, but that's what I meant honest!

"Captain Kranell mentioned that he ran the mercenary company. With that many trained mercenaries and pathfinders I suspect there might be fighting there, let's follow the sounds of battle and if that doesn't work try asking around for it"

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

So its more like
- 30gp Cold Iron Longsword
- 35gp Light Crossbow
- 4gp Cold Iron bolts x20

"The sound of battle? I think Confluence could use the most help right now. That's where the battle is."

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10
GM wrote:
judging by the trails of smoke wafting into the air, and distant sounds of combat, much of it must be inside the city now... towards towards the Worldwound side

Sounds like we might be most needed Woundward.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

While visiting quartemaster Trubin, Eamon purchases a cold iron rapier and 20 cold iron crossbow bolts. (will subtract 44gp from Eamon)

Kara wrote:
Sounds like we might be most needed Woundward.

Eamon nods as he slides his new rapier's scabbard next to his longsword on his belt. He sheathes his weapon with authority and responds to the half-elven woman, Then the Woundward is where we'll go! All the previous foppishness and priggishness has vanished from the Taldian, only grim determination remains chiseled on his features.


great... 2 votes each for 3 different districts.
Luckily, since I'd already started typing, when there were only three votes, I'm sticking with that, adjusted slightly. =)

You are able to pick up a few supplies from the outpost's quartermaster, despite the limited selection, and head back to the city with the refugees, helping them reach the gate, where the guards there take over an see that they get to shelter until the assault is over.

Of course, now you have to figure out where to go next. Huni points out the obvious, that the bulk of the fighting seems to be in the southwest part of town, in the Confluence District... though others are still concerned about the fate of the Pathfinder's other Venture-Captain, Thurl. Though all you know is where his cover business was located.

Fortunately, it turns out you have to actually walk through the bulk of the Egelsee District to get to the Confluence, which at least, in the short term, makes for a decent compromise. You make your way towards the fighting, just keeping an eye and ear out for news of the V-C as you go.

Of course, any such news is difficult to obtain in the middle of a war zone! Anyone not involved in the fighting has taken to ground, and those that are involved are usually not in a position to stop and chat. Still about half way through the district, you come across a small contingent of fellow Pathfinders, heading west as well, one of whom you recognize as the older warrior sitting in the second row beside Floria at the gathering earlier. You never got his name, though seem to recall Velthar referring to him as 'Clay'.

He nods as you approach, silently taking stock of your condition. "This is a bad one." He says. "Had bloody vrocks dancing on a tavern a bit back. Would have been a good start to a joke, if it weren't so dangerous. Lost a lot of people there." He spits angrily on the ground.

"Glad to know you lot are still up and running." He adds. "Most of the demons have been driven over to the west side, we're heading there now." He is already starting to move in that direction, forcing you to keep pace to talk.

When you ask about Thurl, he shakes his head slightly. "Ya, his base was over that way, towards the Egelsee gate. But can't imagine there's much there anymore. That explosion we heard, the one right before the horns started sounding." He shrugs, pointing towards the mentioned gate. "That was Thurl's lodge. The whole place went up. If he was in there, I wouldn't hold out hope he'll be joining us any time soon."

He shakes his head slightly, as more soldiers join you, and they start to move more quickly towards the Confluence District.

"I know Jorsal was hoping to have his assistance in all this... but not sure that's going to be possible anymore." He shakes his head, catching up to the others.

You guys can go check it out, or continue to the Confluence!

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon looks to the area where Thurl's lodge is/was and only sees smoke trailing from the rooftops in the distance. There's probably not any survivors... but,...I think we should check just in case? Eamon says more as a question to his new companions than a statement.

If it's not clear..Eamon wishes to go check on Thurl's lodge.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Yes, it won't take long to check. We might save a life!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"I dunno, most Pathfinders are pretty tricky about avoiding explosions...
"I'd still like to find Thurl."


You remember hearing the explosion, during Jorsal's speech, now that you think on it. It was quite loud, and preceded the horns sounding the demonic assault. Though if it did indeed come from Thurl's mercenary headquarters, it must have been quite the blast indeed, to carry all the way to the Starrise Spire.

You decide to at least check, since you're apparently not far off, and turn towards the Egelsee gate. It only takes a few minutes to reach the location in question, and what you see does not give you a great deal of hope.

Nestled between a blacksmith shop on one side, and a brewery on the other, the building is modest to the extreme, but given its apparent intent to fly under the eyes of local crusaders, that is not surprising. It is a two story affair, but the entire upper section is gone... destroyed by the recent explosion, and now exposed to the elements... still sending up thing trails of smoke. The damage seems to have blown out the upper sides of the adjoining buildings as well, though most of it seems contained to the lodge itself.

Surprisingly, the lower level seems still accessible, though how stable it all is, is hard to tell.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Come on, he might still be alive!

Kara rushes up to the front door and looks inside.

Edit: forgot my Perception roll:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Low-light

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Sangkip's tail whips up to caution Kara from rushing the door. "Lemme get a quick look at that first.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"Looks good!"

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria catches up with the others breathing heavily again, her crossbow loaded and in her hands.

"Let me see if I can hear anyone inside"

She steps close to the door and closes her eyes to concentrate, and familiar shimmers of force surround her head.

She's casting her once per day Detect Thoughts Spell-like ability, and will concentrate on it to see if she can detect thinking minds inside. She'll continue to concentrate on it as they explore, hopefully to lead us more directly to any survivors. DC 13 will save if she gets as far as the third round of concentration on any particular thinking mind

She reports her findings if any and follows the others inside, crossbow still at the ready.


As Kara is about to rush right in, Sangkip, motions her to hold a moment, while he takes the time to check the entryway, probably more concerned about structural integrity than other dangers at the moment.

The explosion has obviously caused a fair bit of structural damage, but most of the walls appear to be made from stone, so held up surprisingly well. The floors and support beams less so, and prove to be the main concern going forward... though if the explosion mostly went upwards, hopefully the main level will be alright... well unless it has a sub-basement...

A fair bit of rubble blocks easy access inside, collapsed there from the second floor facade. Still, it looks stable enough to move, though it takes a minute to clear the larger timbers out of the way to allow access inside.

While that is going on, Floria stands calmly nearby, her eyes closed, as if listening... though what she could hear that you can not, you're not certain... or why it makes her head shimmer.

Floria:
You can detect no thoughts at all inside the lodge. Though you can not say whether its due to distance or intervening materials, or there being nothing alive in there to detect.

You quickly clear enough to gain access, and slowly move into the ruined building itself.

The first room is a disaster area. Probably once some sort of reception, the ceiling above has partially collapses, timbers hanging down into the room like poorly placed columns, forcing you to move around them as you come in. Surprisingly, you realize it does not appear that the explosion resulted in any sort of fire. There are no tell-tale signs of charring or smells of smoke at all. You're not sure what would have caused such an explosion, without also catching this building, and those around it on fire, but whatever it was, most of the damage is from extreme force.

There is a long desk across the far side of the room, though it has been partially crushed beneath a support beam from above, the chair that once rested behind it, tossed on its side in the corner.

A door leads off to the right, partially ajar from the blast, and another heads north on the left side of the room, blasted off its hinges, showing a hallway beyond.

New map!

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara, ever curious and foolishly brave, moves in to peek through the door to the right.

Hello?

Take Ten on Perception if possible. If not, please roll for me.


Kara won't be able to see too much. There is clearly a room there, but the gap in the door is not really wide enough for a decent view, and is also a little stuck. It would take a little effort to open any wider to get a better view or access the room itself.

There is also no response to her hesitant greeting.

151 to 200 of 2,729 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.