EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... all set on the edges, and often inside, of the demon-infested Worldwound!

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


651 to 700 of 2,818 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio takes a moment to reload the the ballista.

Spend a round to reload.


Oh hey, totally missed the second Knowledge roll!

Floria has learned a little about half fiends in her search to learn of her own background, none of it good. Often the result of unholy unions, such creatures have fully embraced their demonic natures. They usually share all the typical traits of their evil sires, including resistances and immunities to elemental magics, and being difficult to affect with magic.

GM Screen:
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15[/dice]

But as her darker half takes over once more, she finds her own mind pushing past those resistances, and driving a violent psychic thrust into the fiendish creature across the battlements! It howls in pain, as blood starts to flow from its nostrils and ears.

Nearby, Alessio quickly works to reload the light ballista, though realizes he is still within the Minotaur's reach, and will be exposed the entire time!

Alessio, you might want to 5' step back a touch =)

-- Round 8 ------
Huni (-25)
artillery team (-1/-1) (4/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [2/5], B#8 (Law) [0/1]

-- Round 9 ------
Kara (-12, sickened)
Sangkip*

Alessio (-5)
half-fiend minotaur (-29, 1 bleed)
Floria
Eamon (-5)

Bold can go!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

moved

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

Seeing that cold iron isn't helping, Sangkip drops one of his knives, scoots up the battlements, whipping out one of his better daggers as he goes, and plunges it into the minotaur!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Dagger (Flank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20
Magic Piercing: 1d3 + 6 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (4, 8) = 21 -2/4 to Attacks


hrmm. didn't want to have to bot Huni, as he could die here.
Will move things forward today, regardless!

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

1: Did Huni receive the 3hp from my last channel? 2: Eamon will change is round 8 action (of helping the artillery team) to channeling a second time.
R 8
Eamon looks up from the crank he is helping his fellow artillery mates pull on to see Huni in dire straits! Without a thought he lets go of the wheel and calls upon Iomedae's mighty grace to once again soothe his allies injuries. channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Eamon then murmers to himself, enough of this! I need to help my friends! and takes out a vial of liquid from his belt pouch.

Eamon's channel heals all alies with 30'(ie. everyone) 3hp more. Eamon has taken out a vial of Holy Water from his pouch.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

My post got eaten

Huni knows he can't take another hit, but his allies are depending on him, the people of the city are depending on him. He can't move away. He drops the ineffective blade and summons the strength of his god to his fist to strike at the hell-born beast.

Unarmed Strike: Belier's Bite, sacred weapon, flank
to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 11 to hurt: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

That was better before.


Huni can barely keep his feet under him, his leg threatening to give out at any moment. He forgoes the sword, instead striking at the fiendish minotaur with his bare hands, but it is all he can do to stand, much less plant his feet to deliver any sort of telling blow.

Seeing his plight, Eamon channels a second time, though it is not nearly enough to curb the bleeding. The artillery team falls further behind, without his assistance, Kara alone unable to make up the slack.

Sangkip leaps around the the creature, towards the edge of the battlements, trying to distract the fiend, and the beast tries to cut him down as he goes, the axe taking a large chip out of the battlments, though just missing the vanaran. He half flies, half somersaults onto the crenelation, pulling out one of his magical daggers as he goes, and jabs the tiny blade deep into the minotaur's muscular back, right between the wings.

It howls in pain and anger, the sound echoing over the battlements. Sangkip clearly hit something important, evident when it tries to bring its axe around for another swing... but it still manages it, shaking off the wound to slam the giant blade down on the vanaran with such force, Sangkip's tiny weapons are not nearly enough to deflect it. The blade cuts deeply into Sangkip's chest, down towards his midsection, nearly eviscerating him on the spot! (24 damage to Sankgip)

A dark energy starts to form around the blade, as it quickly reverses its the momentum of its swing, a baleful eye on Huni. The axe swings around and up, trying to finish off Huni on the other side. The warpriest just manages to slide back enough to avoid the blade, but nearly slips on the blood pooling at his feet... most of it his own.

The move proves a bit feint though, as it keeps spinning, and lashes out at Sangkip again trying to catch him off guard. Its large yellowed fangs try to snap over the much smaller foe like he were little more than an appetizer. Luckily Sangkip potion allows him to avoid the suddenly blood-slick crenelation and dodge aside as the maw slams shut where his head was only moments before.

But even as those jaws snap shut, its entire shaggy demon head swings around yet again, this time catching Huni completely off guard, as the twin horns sink deeply into his chest! Huni is lifted bodily off the stones, his bloodied form going limp as it lay impaled for a moment... before the minotaur gives a triumphant bellow and a contemptuous shake of its head, that sends Huni's limp body crashing unmoving to the stones at its feet. It is hard to even recognize the man through all the blood. (18 damage to Huni)

GM Screen:
AoO vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 16

axe vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 - 4 = 21, 3d6 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2) + 9 + 6 = 24
axe vs Huni: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 13
bite vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 - 4 = 12
gore vs Huni: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 20, 1d6 + 3 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 + 6 = 18

-- Round 9 ------
Floria
Eamon (-2)
Huni (-40, dying)

artillery team (4/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [1/5], B#8 (Law) [1/1]

-- Round 10 ------
Kara (-8, sickened)
Sangkip* (-24)
Alessio (-2)

half-fiend minotaur (-51, 1 bleed)

Party is up.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

**ptoo** "Okay, a$&~%$*, let's finish this."

Dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Magic Slashing: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Magic Slashing: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If someone's interested in the flank, Sangkip delays til then, but I'm less certain that will be the case this time... :-/

Dropping the other cold iron dagger, swifting the other one into his tail, then passing it over to his empty hand as a free action

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon howls in protest at seeing his comrade fall. He says a quick prayer to Imodae for guidance then trots to an advantageous position for throwing his holy water whilst drawing his magic longsword. Eamon cast ‘guidance ‘ on himself. Then moves to 15’ away from the minataur and draws his longsword while moving

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio tosses a healing bomb onto Huni to hopefully bring him back from the brink in lieu of firing the crossbow.

bomb vs a willing/helpless target: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
clw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 6/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

For the first time in a while, Floria doesn't need to exert her will to force her insidious dark half away as it fades away on its own, energies spent.

She is tired, but she sees Huni fall and tries to find the last dregs of her energy. She remembers the advice a tiefling friend of hers offered for making spells penetrate magical defences, and tries once more to assault mind of the demon.

She's using her final two phrenic pool points to increase the DC by 1, and her GM Incentive boon 1/3 for an extra 1d6 on the spell penetration

Mind Thrust II: 4d8 ⇒ (3, 6, 8, 3) = 20
Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 4 + (4) = 20

Will save DC 19 half


Both Eamon and Alessio abandon their efforts on the ballista... more concerned about the fate of Huni, laying in a crumpled bloody heap on the stones. Eamon takes a small vial in hand, as he works around for a clearer line at the demonic minotaur, while Alessio digs out a healing infusion, and attaches it to one of his alchemical bombs. With a quick toss, he lobs it over to crash on the mangled warpriest, and is relieved to note some of the man's wounds appear to heal... although he does not regain consciousness, at least he must be still alive!

Sangkip has more pressing concerns, as he continues to dance around the far side of the fiend. Without someone to work with, his small blades seem barely more than insect bites to the minotaur, who snarls defiently at the small vanaran's attempts, and brings the gore-covered axe around for a killing blow.

On the far side of the siege weapons though, Floria continues to focus her mind on the half-fiend. Her darker side fades, and her thoughts clear to a crystal precision along with it. She reaches deep into her psyche to draw on the last vestiges of stored strength there, to send another blast of mental energy into the minotaur's mind. For a brief moment, the minotaur's fiendish resistances rise up to block her, but they only manage to interfere for a moment, before she cuts through them with focused clarity, her mind suddenly a weapon sharper than any blade.

The fiend suddenly throws back its head, and howls... a sound so feral, so filled with pain and rage, that you wonder if your mind is not under physical assault as well. The minotaur's entire body seems to seize up, and it stands there quivering for a moment... before its head seems to explode from the inside, sending a shower of demonic blood and brain matter over Sangkip, before the things body falls to the battlements with a resounding thud... the giant axe clattering across the stones.

Well, he had 1 hp left at the point, and that'd take him to negative con... so boom! Scanners style!

GM Screen:
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, 1d2 ⇒ 1
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

-- Round 10 ------
artillery team (4/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [1/5], B#8 (Law) [1/1]

You have a couple of rounds...

Current Status:
Eamon 21/23
Huni -5/31
Kara 16/23
Sangkip* 7/31
Alessio 29/31
Floria 29/29

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

Do we have a sense of how many rounds? Sangkip will start healing himself up, but I'm not sure how many to include.

UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sangkip whips his wand out and starts tending to his energies, huddling around Eamon in case he has any more healing to dispense.

After a couple of moments of futzing his wand he mutters, "Thanks Floria. That was timely."


The battle rages all around. More foes could appear at any moment!

ie: IC, you've no way to know.
OOC, don't get too carried away! I mentioned a couple of rounds for now.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon looks at his drawn sword and sheathes it: He keeps the holy water in hand for now, giving Floria a nod of respect. He then channels once again while shuffling towards the fallen war priest (5ft’ step does someone mind moving me towards Huni?) Eamon then draws his wand of cure light wounds and use some of the magic to heal the priest even more. ( that’s two round of actions one channel and Huni gets one hit from a wand)channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

Ok, I'll keep it to a couple rounds then for now

UMD: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT
Pathfinders fire a large volley of siege weapons from the ramparts!

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 6/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Floria is too tired to react with more than a little smile at seeing the minotaurs head explode. That was exactly how I was picturing it

She immediately moves to help Kara with the artillery team, hoping that the others can see to Huni. While she's working and wishing she'd gone weight training with her father and brother rather than staying in the library, she calls out

"Eamon! Alessio will likely be able to use that holy water better than you, you've seen how accurately he places his bombs.

Alchemists get +INT to damage on all thrown splash weapons I think

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio helps with any healing if necessary, otherwise he goes to direct the crew to reload the ballistas.we have little time to waste. We must support the effort on the battlefield and secure these other ballista in case another demon appears. It nearly was the end for us all.


Keeping this moving! Huni wakes up on the 2nd heal from Eamon...
So he can still take a single standard action before things happen.
Am assuming two of you help with the loading of 7 each round. So one of Kara/Alessio/Floria can take another action during this time if they want.

GM Screen:
bi: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

sting vs Kara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19, 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The Pathfinders quickly scramble to try to recover from the fight with the fiendish minotaur, but it did a lot of damage. You only hope the flow of battle will give you time to deal with it.

That thought causes your eyes to glance back towards the field below, where the forces of Nerosyan and the Worldwound are still fighting. It is almost impossible to tell who has the upper hand in the chaos, though the demonic forces have not managed to overwhelm the combined might of the city... and you can only take that as a positive sign.

Though your assigned ballista has been silent for most of the battle, along the ramparts you can see others completely abandoned, their crews dead or worse. But many are apparently still being manned, and firing. As the volleys fly, the towers of Kakuen-Taka take blow, after blow. Still lurching along towards the city walls, but not without cost.

But even as you see the ebb and flow of the battle below, a sound reaches your ears... at first almost indistinguishable over the clash of battle below, but it quickly rises in intensity from a low drone, to a high-pitched whine that almost hurts to hear. You see a large cloud of ... something ... darting across the sky to the west, moving with such incredible speed, its almost hard to track. You quickly realize it is not a single creature, but a small swarm of flying fiends, each one of them quite large, to be visible from this distance. They head directly towards the siege engines, clearly another directed attack to stop them from firing. Creatures peel off in ones and twos as the swarm zips along the wall, wings moving so fast, the sound sends ripples of sound bouncing off the walls and drowning out even the epic battle below.

Much to you chagrin, one of them darts off towards Seven, before you've even had time to breath from your prior engagement.

It looks like a giant hornet or bee of some sort, though almost ten feet long, its body covered in wicked-looking spines, and colored a sickly purple with vertical black stripes along its abdomen. Its wings beat so quickly, they are a blur over its huge body, and it moves so fast, you can barely track it with your eyes... just a giant blur that one moment is far off, then next right in your faces. A large stinger on the end of its abdomen drips a foul greenish liquid.

Knowledge (planes), DC 22:
It is clearly some sort of vermin. A fiendish version of an insect... but one that has grown to gigantic proportions. But the color, and the way it moves, sends a sense of dread down your spine.

You recall reading once, long ago, about something like this, but even that text was vague, hinting at it only a myth.

There was said to be a giant hive in the Worldwound, a hive of just such creatures... created by one of the demon lord once widely worshipped in the area before the Worldwound opeend. Known as the Scourge of Deskari, these creatures are apparently feared by mortals and demonkind alike. A mindless plague of vermin that usually consumes anything they come across.

Though this time, they seem to be working with the forces of the abyss... at least enough.

It is clearly vermin, and fiendish, but is also a mythic creature. (and thus the higher DC on the knowledge check)

It moves in too quickly to follow, right at the heavy ballista, its foul poison-tipped stinger lashing out before anyone can react! The giant barb hits Kara in the back, lancing right through her shoulder, until you see the tip thrust out the far side. (Kara takes 11 points of damage)

Kara, you need to make a DC 17 Fort save, or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 con damage
And a 2nd save on your turn, if you fail that one.

It withdraws the barb and darts to the side before she even fully realizes what has happened

Then the pain hits.

-- Round 13 ------
bzzzzzzzz
Kara (-14, poisoned)
Sangkip* (-9)
Alessio
Floria
Eamon
Huni (-29)

artillery team (4/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [3/5], B#8 (Law) [1/1]

Party is up!

Fort save pending from Kara (and a 2nd if you fail that one)

Ballista 8 is loaded and ready to fire, and still glowing

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 6/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Alessio since you can use a wand of CLW I'd think using your extra round to heal someone with one would be most efficient, if you have one. If not Floria could have attempted to activate hers, but success is by no means certain for her

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

"What is that?"

Floria almost moves to help Kara, but before she does she thinks It wants to stop this ballista. The best way for me to help her is to keep it firing. With a look of grim determination she continues to prepare it for firing, but not without addressing her allies.

"SHOOT IT!"

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Knowledge Planes DC22: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

What in the Nine Hells is tha...Aaauuuggh!

I have a feeling this will not go well for me.

Fort DC17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Yup.

Trusting to her Infernal Healing to help her remain standing, Kara grimly continues loading #7.

Infernal Healing 8 rounds remaining; Sickened 1 rounds remaining; Poisoned

@GM you have me at -14 HP from max but by my calculation I'm at -26. Not sure if I missed a heal somewhere or what, but I'm happy to accept your total.


Ya, you've missed a lot =), including a number of rounds of your infernal healing, at least 3 channels, etc... I'm pretty sure my number is accurate for the current round.
Will also need another save, since you missed the fort save.... or take even more con damage!

Also, Important! Loading the ballista's provokes! You can't just ignore the critter beside you!

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

OK, thanks GM. Sorry if I held the action up.

Fort DC17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Getting closer at least.

Kara feels the poison coursing through her veins as she 5-foot steps away from the demon.

Will continue to load from this position if possible; otherwise, Kara casts Vanish.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

GM I'm pretty sure I have round shield of faith left. I went back and it kinda indicates I cast shield of faith in the 2nd round but it would have been the 3rd round if I had to travel at all to the ballista before I started the full round action to load it. (this would technically be round 13 now so 'd have the remainder of this round till the start of round 14) anyway as always your call. If you do allow my shield of faith to still be active my is AC:20 through till the beginning of 14.

Eamon runs over to the commotion and sees a huge flying insect with a stinger strait form the Abyss. Without thinking he chucks his holy water, at the giant flying insect. ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 5dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 (the +1 is from guidance I cast 4 rounds ago, the -2 is range increment penalty) Eamon carefully studies the creature hovering in the air, as his Holy water spins end over end, towards the creature's thorax. K planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

I could roll a 1d8 for the miss but since it's only going to miss by 5' it will splash the creature no matter where it lands and holy water doesn't harm me or any of my allies presumably ..(ie. if creature is an evil outsider it will take 1hp dmg)

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

"Oh good. A really big bug."

Still feeling light and airy from his potion, Sangkip soars up to meet the bee!

Dagger (Charge): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Magic Piercing: 1d3 + 6 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (7, 4) = 18 Giving it a -2/4 to attacks


have to do my side view, but pretty sure the heavy ballista will prevent a charge lane, even flying (remember, it is size Huge, so it occupies a 15' x 15' x 15' cube)
Though with flying, you might be able to get around it far enough to get legitimate flanking, if someone else gets close enough

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio offered to heal in the between rounds, if I had standard action to spare I would have healed Huni, if possible.

heal if allowed:
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Alessio fires the ready ballista a the hovering creature.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 5) = 13


yes, you can have dropped a heal on Huni! Putting him at 10 hp! =)

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni's eyes pop open and his body hurts. Then he remembers what's happening and knows he has no time to wallow in pain. Instead he summons his inner reserves to cast a healing spell upon himself and then all around him.

Use Fervor to cast Cure Moderate Wounds as a swift action then to Channel Positive Energy
Cure Moderate Wound: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 8) + 4 = 13 x1.5= 19

Channel Positive Energy1d6 ⇒ 3

Round 13
Don't forget that the ballista is Axiomatic +1d6 against chaotic creatures
Huni stands up and starts to help with the ballista.


Eamon makes the basic knowledge DC... but up to him to share the information! =)

GM Screen:
1d8 ⇒ 2

fly: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

sting vs Kara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
sting vs Kara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

The poison rages through Kara's system, and already you can see the veins in her neck starting to darken from the foul toxin, as they spread throughout her body.

Kara will take 1d2 ⇒ 1 more con damage, and needs to make another save or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 more!

She steps away from the creature, a look of determination on her ragged features, as she continues helping to ready Number Seven, along with Floria and the remaining crusaders... though the later seem a little concerned with how close the giant insect has gotten, and look ready to bail themselves.

Sangkip immediately leaps to the offensive, flying across the intervening space with remarkable speed, though the huge bulk of Ballista Seven prevents him from charging directly at the giant insect. He jabs his magic dagger into the creatures thorax, only to find it barely scratches the surface, as the blade skitters across the the hardened carapace doing minimal damage.

Clearly some DR going on!
You had no charge lane, so will not get sneak damage.

Alessio swings Number Eight around, lining up a shot through all the traffic, and fires at the thing from close range. The barrage of bolts whistle past the artillery team, and the larger ballista... but the insect moves so quickly that in the brief amount of time it takes to cover the distance, the creature has moved. He can only watch in dismay as the spray of bolts disappears out over the edge of the wall.

Huni, amazingly recovered from his near death experience, quickly starts reloading Eight while the cable is still vibrating from Alessio's shot.

Eamon moves around the heavy ballista, holy water in hand, and hurls it at the giant bee-creature... but it slips in his hand as he swings it forward. He ends up hurling it somewhere to his left, where it shatters upon the battlements nowhere near anyone, the sacred water wasted on stone.

Note: since you were in the 2nd range increment, the vial actually lands 2 squares away from where you were aiming. (Not to mention the bug is above the ground, so it drops down some too). Either way, no splash damage.

The fiendish insect seems unconcerned with what anyone is doing, beyond those working on the siege engine itself. It continues to chase Kara as she backs away, covering the short distance in the blink of an eye, the buzzing drone of its wings almost deafening.

Again it twists its body to thrust the foot long barbed stinger at her, its tip glistening with the foul venom and her own blood. It is all she can do, as her body weakens from the poison already there, to try to twist out of the way... but it is not enough!

But, just as it is about to impale her a second time, the stinger seems to deflect slightly, off of an arcane barrier that surrounds her, narrowly missing, but nearly knocking her backwards over the engines support brace/

Her sigh of relief is short lived though, as it doesn't stop there, moving with incredible speed to try again, seemingly intent on finishing her off. Once more the stinger lances out, this time dead center, before she can react. But again, there is a faint blue flash as her arcane armor deflects the blow... though a small tear in her shirt tells her how close it came, as it almost pushed through. She knows her luck will not last forever.

-- Round 14 ------
Scourge of Deskari (-2)
Kara (-13, -2 con, poisoned)
Sangkip* (-6)
Alessio
Floria
Eamon
Huni

artillery team (4/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [4/5], B#8 (Law) [1/1]

Party is up!

Fort save pending from Kara

Ballista 8 is loaded and ready to fire on Huni's turn, and still glowing

Sangkip, please make a fly check! (think you're at a +12)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio lines up his shot again as Huni loads the ballista. C'mon, old man. We gotta take that thing down.

ranged, pbs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 4d6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 5) + (5) + 1 = 26

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Fort DC17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Getting closer! Yay!...right?

I...am...not...a...front...line...warrior!

Kara 5-foot steps away again and Vanishes!

@GM, how's my Infernal Healing doing? You'll let me know when it's done, I trust.


Why do you think its targeting you! Ha!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

My Fly check math is +13 (5 Dex, 4 maneuverability, 2 size, and 2 from the spell) So I'll auto-pass the DC 10 to move 1/2 speed or less

"Eamon get over here! This bug needs a dancing partner!"
I think you've got a 30' path without provoking
Dagger (Flank): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
Magic Piercing: 1d3 + 6 + 2d8 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (7, 8) = 23 -2/4 to AC
Dagger (Flank): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
Magic Piercing: 1d3 + 3 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2, 7) = 15 -2/4 to Attack

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni coordinates with Alessio to load while he fires.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 6/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

"YES!" Seeing Kara cast a spell and disappear from view is a small victory, but Floria will take what she can get.

"Stand Firm!" She says to the soldiers manning the ballista, raising her voice to be heard over the sounds of combat and the constant thrum of the demon's wings. "They are professional monster hunters! They can handle the demon, we need to handle this!", all the while helping to load the weapon while it's still an option.

I hope they can handle the demon she thinks to herself. I've not got much magic left

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon somehow swallows the huge lump in his throat upon hearing Sangkip's request and murmurs a quick prayer to Iomedae (resistance). Even though Iomedae's holy protection has expired, Eamon's pride and honor won't allow him to disengage with such a fearsome creature. For the Glory of the Shield-Maiden! Announces Eamon as he advances towards the hovering creature while drawing his family's heirloom sword.
Note GM Eamon had plenty of movement to skirt around even a creature with 10' reach to avoid an AoO while positioning himself in the flank with Sangkip.


Eamon, you're not quite flanking there, but moved you one square to where you would be.

And Sangkip, I asked for a fly check, not an excuse for why you don't need to make one (You don't know why I was asking)! =P
(Though I did forget the maneuverability modifier... so you'd be at a +16)

GM Screen:
fly: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

sting vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22, 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
sting vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Kara, under duress, and her body wracked by poison, does the only thing she can to get away from the creature... she steps away, and with a quick arcane word, vanishes from sight.

Kara needs to make another Fort save, DC 17, or lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 more con (don't forget the -2 for the con loss so far)

Perception, DC 20:
You think you hear a small gasp, then a thump of a body collapsing to the stones, from near where Kara disappeared.

Unfortunately, that leaves the heavy ballista one person short, and the loading of Sevene stalls... not that the remaining crew are too eager to stand so close to the fiendish creature.

Sangkip calls for assistance from Eamon, who seems a little leery of approaching the thing... but eventually he starts to circle around, trying to get on the far side of the vanaran.

While he moves, Huni finishes reloading Ballista Eight, and he can barely clear the way, before Alessio adjusts the aim and fires it again. Unfortunately, like the previous shot, the fiendish insects moves even as he fires it, and the brace of bolts again misses. Huni immediately starts loading it again.

Eamon finally reaches the far side, his sword held ready, as he attempts to draw the giant bee's attention. Sangkip, waiting for just that opportunity, swings around the far side, jabbing with both his daggers. But try as he might, none of his attempts manage to cut through the creature's exoskeleton.

As a reminder, Sangkip, you are currently 15' up, to be flanking.

It draw its attention though. With its original target suddenly gone, it turns to the next nearest to the ballista. Sangkip, focused on trying to stab the fast-moving thing, is unprepared for its sudden movement. One moment, its facing away form him, the next, its compound eyes are focused on him, and the stinger is piercing his chest, shooting a dose of its foul venom straight into his body (12 damage to Sangkip)!

As quickly as it impaled him, it is withdrawn, a thin trail of blood and venom leaking out from the wound. The bee quickly pivots, and the stinger thrusts out again, this time coming up from below, piercing Sankip just above the hip (12 damage to Sangkip) as even more poison pumps into his bloodstream.

Sangkip, need you to make two fort save, the first at DC 17, the second at DC 19 (if you failed the first, 17 otherwise), or lose 1d2 ⇒ 1 con.
If you fail either, you will need to make third one as well, DC depending on how many you failed (17 if one, 19 if two), or lose 1d2 ⇒ 1 more con.

-- Round 15 ------
Scourge of Deskari (-2)
Kara (-18, -4 con, poisoned, unconscious, invisible!)
Floria
Eamon
Sangkip* (-30, poisoned)
Huni
Alessio

artillery team (4/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [4/5], B#8 (Law) [0/1]

Party is up!

Fort save pending from Kara
2 Fort saves pending from Sangkip, and a 3rd if he fails either

Note: Kara, the four con damage has dropped your current and total hit points by 6 (so you are currently at -1 hp (infernal healing included)).
Sangkip is soon in a similar boat.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio kicks the ballista. Let's go, you piece of garbage. Our lives are at stake!

ranged attack, pbs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
damage, pbs: 4d6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 5) + (3) + 1 = 17

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Fort DC17, Con-4: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 Finally made it! Woot! Just in time to be unconscious!

Kara decides that the best thing to do right now is take a nap. While invisible. In the middle of battle. Yup, definitely the right choice!

Her dreams are exceedingly not pleasant.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 1/3

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Not... gonna... be that easy!"

Sangkip determinates his way through the venom coursing through his veins! Then, hoping to just distract the bug, he focuses on bobbing and weaving rather than trying to murder it.

Total defense for a +6 to AC

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 6/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Seeing that the team is not getting anywhere with only three people, Floria changes tack Sorry team, I forgot about that

She conjures a pair of magic missiles and sends them at the insectoid monstrosity, again mixing in a few of the techniques her tiefling friend taught her to punch through resistances. GM Incentive boon 2/3

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
Caster Level: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 4 + (2) = 18

She then starts moving around with the goal of eventually loading the unoccupied ballista, but she's giving the creature a wide berth and is still slowed by the weight of the crossbow bolts on her back. Why did I dump strength so much. Argh!

EDIT: I forgot the perception (assuming it's free?)
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
She sees nothing!


Kara, though you made the poison save... you still need to make a stabilization roll...

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon approaches the buzzing horror with cation (*edit* going to attack with abandon instead gaining the +2 AC), but gathers his courage chooses *not to* fight defensively but with righteous indignation L sword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

if flying fiend attacks Eamon:
parry: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12riposte': 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

If the Infernal Healing has any duration left, she shouldn't need to make that stabilization roll.


Ya, I figured that out after I'd posted... sadly, just over an hour after I'd posted, so I was unable to edit it away. =)


Hmm.. huni showed up, but didn't post an action. botting him to reload

GM Screen:
sting vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

sting vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Floria realizes that without enough people, trying to man the ballista does no good. She abandons the effort, and calls upon her mental energy, to send a pair of psychic missiles the insect's way. She immediately feels the resistance there, but is able to will them through, and they strike the creature, ripping small tears in its abdomen.

At Ballista Eight, Alessio waits with barely controlled patience for Huni to finish loading. As soon as the ammo pack drops into place though, he is immediately turning the stock and firing another volley of bolts at the fiend! This time, he manages to account for its otherwordly speed, leading it just enough that it gets caught in the barrage, the bolts piercing its hide and tearing through its wings with relative ease... though Huni's axiomatic blessing on the ballista does not appear to have any additional affect.

As soon as he fires, Huni jumps to loading once again.

It is not chaotic, so the Lawful buff does not add any extra damage

Meanwhile, Sangkip is just trying to stay alive. Fighting off the poisons from the two stings, he is barely conscious, blood flowing freely from the two gaping wounds caused by the bee's stinger. He franticly dodges and weaves in the air, as the fiendish insect continues trying to finish him off, though with no success this time.

On the opposite side, Eamon adjust his position slightly, and throwing caution to the wind, hacks at the giant insect flying overhead. His familial blade strikes true, but can barely penetrate the thing's tough carapace, only causing minor damage.

You see no sign of Kara.

Kara:
________________

Your body weakened and ravaged by fiendish poison, and under the self-inflicted infernal influences of your own magic... magic that once again seems to be feeding off the abyssal poisons in your system... your 'nap' is far from restful.

In fact, you find yourself somewhere else entirely!

One moment you are barely standing amidst the chaotic battle atop the wall, then the world seems to blur around you, and the ground rushes towards you, then blissful nothingness.

When you come to, you are standing on one side of what appears to be a small office. Shelves and cabinets line the walls, filled with books and scrolls and piles of stacked parchments. Across from you, is a large desk, its surface piled high with the same scrolls and papers and books as the shelves. Even the floor is covered in stacks of papers, all of them piled so high, they look like they might tip over at any moment. There are no windows, but there is a closed door behind you, through which you can just make out the sounds of screaming, but thankfully, those sounds are muted, as if a long ways off.

Mostly though, you hear a faint, continuous, skritching noise, interspersed with a strange clacking and whirring sound.

Those sounds seem to be coming from the direction of the desk, and you see a creature there almost hidden behind the piles of papers. It is a small reddish demon, with horns and a long tail with an arrow shaped tip. Strangely, it is wearing an odd hat that appears to be missing the top, perhaps to allow the horns to poke through, and with a translucent green peak projecting from the front. Perched on its nose are a pair of wire-framed spectacles.

The demon is hunched over a large ledger.

The skritching sounds you heard, are coming from a giant feathered quill pen with which it is writing feverishly, occasionally pausing to dip the tip into a vial with a thick dark reddish ink inside. Every few seconds, it stops writing to tap away on a strange device next to it. A thin sheet of paper seems to spool from the top each time it does.

You can't seem to move from your spot, and when you try to speak, no words come out. It is just you, all alone with the demon, who pays you no heed at all, as it works.

It feels like you've been standing there for hours when it finally glances up, and appears to notice you.

"Oh..." it mutters, speaking the common tongue, with what sounds like a faint chellish accent. It looks back at its ledger with a puzzled frown.

"Ah... I see." It adds a moment later, smiling slightly. "You're a bit early, I'm afraid. I've not finished the tally yet."

It taps one finger on the ledger. "But your account comes due soon enough"

"And we always collect what we're owed." It adds, with a smile that sends shivers down her spine.

It goes back to jotting in the ledger, again tapping the strange machine, which whirs, as more paper spools out... but this time the whirring sound increases in volume until it is almost deafening, and sends waves of pain through her body until Kara's world goes dark once more...

But the whirring sound does not go away, instead morphing into an incessant drone that has her gritting her teeth in pain.

At which point she realizes she can grit her teeth... and is feeling pain... and cold hard stone under her cheek.

She will realize she is laying in the midst of the battle on the battlements of Nerosyan again, though every nerve in her body seems to be firing at once, and she can barely move.

You are currently at 0 hp and have limited actions you can do... many of which will drop you unconscious again!

Your infernal healing has 1 round left, by the by.
________________

The giant fiendish bee's wings continue to drone on as its stinger continues trying to skewer the little vanaran... who only manages to avoid the fate that awaits him in its venomous tip through shear desperation.

-- Round 16 ------
Scourge of Deskari (-27)
Kara (-17, -4 con, disabled, prone, invisible!)
Floria
Eamon
Sangkip* (-30)
Huni
Alessio

artillery team (2/4), B#6 [0/1], B#7 [4/5], B#8 (Law) [1/1]

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Finally, some dang success with this beast. Let's hit it again. Alessio waits for Huni to load again and sends another ballista bolt.

ranged attack, pbs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 5) + 1 = 20

651 to 700 of 2,818 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.