EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... all set on the edges, and often inside, of the demon-infested Worldwound!

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


301 to 350 of 2,729 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Technically, all districts are next to each other, due to the way its laid out (Except Confluence and Outer).
So at this point all are equal (from a Special progress standpoint)
I'd suggest just pick an RP reason to go somewhere, and see what comes up on the way there =)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Woundward cuz it sounds cool.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria can't help but shudder on finding the peep holes in Iomedae's portrait.

"I think we ought to bring what we've found here to Jorsal as quickly as we can. Hopefully it will mean more to him than it does to us. I think the Spire is in Confluence"

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Makes sense to me, Floria. If Thurl was turned, then they know an awful lot about how we plan to fight things like this... Jorsal needs to be told."

To the Confluence!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Fine with me! :)

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none
Sangkip wrote:
"Makes sense to me, Floria. If Thurl was turned, then they know an awful lot about how we plan to fight things like this... Jorsal needs to be told."

Eamon nods in acknowledgement at the groups decision and turns his attention to the still injured Alessio, You're still hurt...stand still and let the grace of the Shield Maiden, wash over you.

Eamon places a hand on the shoulder of the alchemist and cast cure lt wounds (swapped with Divine Favor.) cure lt: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Appreciate it, Eamon but I'm at 30/31 (updating my stat line now)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

When Eamon observes how little his healing ministrations have effected Alessio, he is slightly angry. The scientist must have said something to offend the inheritor or her magic would have rushed through him like a mighty wave striking a lonely coastline. Concerned as well as annoyed, Eamon ask Alessio, Tell me what god or goddess do you worship friend? Do you pay any homage to the Inheritor?

Eamon takes out a scroll with a little *tsk*..He unfurls and and clears his throat before saying, I bought this in a market about 1/2 year back. Some priest of Abadar were having a special...as they would call it... Eamon's distaste for his fellow clergymen is evident. Given that the Shield maiden, has withheld some of her healing mercy to you..perhaps we'll try this scroll written by the priest and priestess of the money God? Eamon the proceeds to cast a scroll of cure lt wounds on Alessio. scroll of cure lt: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

WOW! 2 resources gone only 4hp recovery! Dang!


Eamon: Alessio was only down ONE hit point. You don't need to use any resources at all. There is almost nothing to heal!

Also, the aid token was never activated, so remember you guys still have that in the wings as well!

1d5 ⇒ 4

As you return to the streets of Nerosyan, things seem a bit calmer than when you went into what was left of Thurl's Lodge. But it is clear that despite that, the battle is clearly not over. Sounds of small conflicts spring up everywhere, the demons apparently having abandoned their mass assault, for more concentrated strikes at places all over the city.

You quickly make your way through the inner gate to the Confluence District, heading back to where it all started: Starrise Spire.

Though it is possible Venture-Captain Jorsal has moved out into the city to aid in the defenses, you figure your best chance of locating him, to tell him about what you learned at Thurl's mercenary headquarters, was to return to base, and hope he is still coordinating Society response from there... or at the very least find someone who knows where he is.

Not surprisingly, things are never quite that simple.

As you near the glowing spire... itself a shining beacon of hope for those who defend the city... it becomes immediately apparent that the demonic invaders have realized its importance as well.

Already you see giant winged fiends circling the towers highest points, arcane energy's arcing back and forth as defenders near the top try to fend them off.

Down at ground level, things are just as tense, demons are moving on the spire in force, already the Pathfinders remaining, and nearby local forces, are mounting defenses to hold them off, and small battles are breaking out along the wall.

It only gets worse though, as you see some of defenders spill out from inside the Spire, shouting that the demons have managed to get inside already! The battle now occurring both inside, and out!

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Come on, we've got to help!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Sangkip whips out his daggers and scampers forward to the attack!


Even as you turn to lend assistance, it becomes quickly evident that fighting a battle on two fronts is not going to go well. Even deciding where to help is not a simple decision. Luckily, as you're moving in to assist, a rather harried-looking elf comes rushing over. Most of you recognize him almost immediately, as Kreighton Shane himself, the Society's Master of Scrolls. He is holding a hastily stacked pile of parchments in his arms, a small cloth sack resting on top of them, held in place by his chin, trying not to lose any of it in his haste.

"You there! Friends!" He calls hastily, motioning towards you as best he can with his arms full, as he hurries your way. "The demons. They've gotten inside the Spire and show no signs of relenting! Those still here are trying to hold them off, but we can't keep it up for long. Most of our agents are out helping with the cities defenses elsewhere."

"If they get a foothold inside, they will quickly overrun the defenders that remain." He glances up at the glowing spire with a worried frown. "And if the last defender of the Spire falls... then the Light goes out... forever. If the Starrise Spire were to be extinguished... now... I'm not sure the city would recover. They treat this place like a symbol of faith in its own right."

"They have only managed to get inside because the wardstone has failed. Too many of them can teleport right past our defenses now. It is how they got inside the walls so easily!" He shakes his head, as the enormity of that one tactical advantage sinks in.

"But, not to worry." He adds, trying to look nonchalant, but his frazzled appearance belies his concern. He nods at the parchments in his arms. "I had been researching some ancient Darkland rituals, in preparation for our exploration of Jormurdun. But, they should come in just as handy now, by suppressing their ability to teleporting once more."

He pauses, with a small frown, before amending, "At least in a small localized area. It should be enough to keep them outside the Spire, anyway. Long enough for us to regroup, and deal with the rest."

"I have the rites sorted out, and the materials... but its a bit involved, and I'm going to need your help keeping those damnable things off of me while I finish it!" He ponders the sack, muttering to himself. "At least I think I have everything."

"Quickly, we haven't much time. I already started the warding circles over this way." He turns and heads off towards the northwest side of the spire, motioning at you with his head to follow.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio follows as quickly as he can. Kreighton Shane himself! Amazing.

How long from the demon encounter to now? I had a 1hour 40minute duration on Magic Circle against Evil


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It'll still be going

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio loads his crossbow with cold iron bolts and prepares for the worst.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kreighton Shane, in the flesh! Surely this is a Brush With Greatness!

Kara hurries after him, prepared to defend him to the death if necessary.


Following the Master of Scrolls, you end up around the side of the Starrise Spire, near the battlements themselves.

You can see that three protective circles of some sort have already been inscribed on the cobblestones here, each of them almost ten feet across. One appears to have been drawn in chalk, another looks like it consists simply of some sort of fine white powder, poured directly onto the stones, the last is wet, and glistening... and you realize it is done in blood. Lines of mystic-looking symbols have been sketched out around their perimeters, and between each circle, the entire thing forming a rough triangular pattern.

Kreighton puts the parchments he was carrying on a nearby barrel, then dumps the contents of the sack out on the ground. It seems to contain a multitude of seemingly random items, including pieces of bone, small vials of what look like blood, a number of candles, and a few less easily identifiable reagents. He sorts through for a moment, as if taking inventory, then picks them all up again, putting some in each of three different pockets on his robes.

"Now then." He mutters absently, though you're not sure if it's directed at you or not. "This shouldn't take too long."

He glances back, to make sure you have set up, then immediately starts chanting, as he moves to the first circle, and lights one of the candles, before spilling some substance from a vial on it that causes the flame to flare up a bright green color. He continues chanting as he moves about inside the protective circle's perimeter, all the while, his hands moving in seemingly random, but extremely intricate patterns.

Knowledge (arcana), DC 20:
Though he said the ritual was gleaned from scrolls he had acquired from the Darklands, now that you see the pieces, it seems to have several similarities with elven warding magic.

Even as he starts, you can hear the sounds of battle crashing over the nearby battlements, as a wave of demons hits the defenders up above. At the same time, the sounds of shouting come from the entrance to the spire, as fighting intensifies inside as well.

Please position yourselves on the map... anywhere but inside a circle.

Am kind of winging the map here. But for reference, the battlements are along the upper edge (technically I suppose that'd be southwest).
The entrance to the spire is the big tunnel in the middle.

Yes, the Starrise Spire is right up against the battlements... so it can be easily seen by those out in the Worldwound!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Sangkip's placed. For now he'll have a single cold iron dagger ready

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

placed. crossbow at the ready.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Knowledge Arcana DC20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Kara positions herself, crossbow and cold iron bolt at the ready.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Knowledge Arcana DC20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Floria climbs up the stairs to stand with Kara, crossbow also loaded and at the ready.

This ritual is fascinating, but I can't make sense of it. I probably shouldn't disturb him, but I must remember to ask him some questions. If we live.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni stands ready with shield and new sword. He casts Protection from Evil to better withstand the onlaught.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon stands side by side with the Warpriest Huni, after seeing the priest cast protection from evil upon himself, Eamon does likewise. He nods at his comrade in arms grimly anticipating the fight to come.


As the battle for the Starrise Spire rages all around you, Kreighton Shane begins his ritual, and you can only hope he is able to finish quickly enough to turn the tide!

GM Screen:
1d8 ⇒ 2

Alessio Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Eamon Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, Eamon Init2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12**
Floria Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Huni Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Kara Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Sangkip Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

vi: 1d20 ⇒ 13
bi: 1d20 ⇒ 11


On the battlements, the sounds of conflict grow louder as the demons make a sudden push. You see a pair of figures atop the wall behind Floria suddenly appear, struggling. One wears the uniform of the local militia, the other has no identifying insignias, and you have don't know if it is a fellow Pathfinder, or another local defender. The struggle doesn't last long, as the man in the uniform thrusts his sword through the chest of the other. His strangled cry of pain suddenly cut off as the man tumbles off the wall, falling to the stones not far from Floria with a sickening thud.

The victor turns to look down at you below him, and the corner of his mouth twitches as if trying to smile... but it looks all wrong, his bloated features all out of proportion. He jumps off the edge, landing awkwardly beside Floria. Up close, she realizes he really doesn't look right. The surface of his skin seems to roil and shift, as if his insides were writhing and coiling just beneath the surface. That feeling of horror quickly escalates as suddenly he makes a hideous retching sound, and his entire face seems to tear down the center, blooming open like some sort of rotten flower. A pallid, five-jawed worm like creature suddenly extrudes itself from the ragged hole in the neck where, only a moment before, a head sat.

Worse though, over to the side, you see a second creature, a long bloated worm-like thing, with numerous writhing tail-like appendanges, each of which has numerous thin filaments extending from them. It must be close to ten feet long, and it it quickly undulates over the stones by the recently dead defender. Its multi-jawed mouth opens, and in moments, its burrowing into the (you can only hope) dead body, with a sickening squelching sound. Its entire length disappears inside, and the body writhes and twitches where it lay a moment, then the man slowly gets back to his feet, turning to face you as well... with a lopsided smile. You note he now has the same bloated look as the first, his face sagging, as if his skin no longer properly fits his body.

Knowledge (planes), DC 13:
These disgusting creatures are vermlek demons! One of the lesser footsoldiers in the demonic host, they are quite a bit more ambitious and devious than most of the other lower demons, and all the more dangerous because of it.

More info with greater results, as per usual!

- Round 3 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio (-1)
Floria
Huni
Sangkip

edgar suits!

The party reacts quickly!

Note: They are *not* flatfooted, getting to appear in a pseudo surprise round.
We are starting on round 3, so I can keep track of the ritual time =)

If you move over one of the ritual circles, please make a reflex save, assuming you're trying not to disturb anything

The wall where Floria and Kara is is 15' above the street. Right of there, it is 10' over the street (where the street level goes up).
Stairs are difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Sangkip tosses his drawn dagger to his tail free action and then darts along the side of the battlements to pounce on one of the stolen flesh-suits!

Dagger (Charge): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Cold Iron Slashing: 1d3 + 5 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (7, 3) = 18 I'll give him -2 to attacks, -2 more against me

Charge, changing his grip on his only drawn weapon to tail and back


Sangkip, you can not charge like that. It is nowhere near a straight line.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio skips up the steps and lobs a bomb at the creature by Sangkip.

bomb, 1 range increment vs blue: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 16
damage, excluding Sangkip: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT
The demons are trying to attack in greater numbers and regain control but the Pathfinders are clearing them out just as quickly. Reports indicate that the waves of enemy continue to grow significantly larger.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

Floria is on the edge of panic as these creatures drop down.

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

"Vermleks! ..." she'll add a quick summary of anything else she knows about them

Her crossbow shaking in her hands, she steps back and concentrates, conjuring a shield of psychic energy to protect her from this revolting demon.

Five-foot step then cast shield. If she believes that it might still threaten her she'll cast it defensively, but only if she knows something about them to make her think that

If she thinks she's threatened:
Casting Defensively DC 17: 1d20 + 4 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 6 + 4 = 29


Floria, re: Vermleks:
Floria knows that like many demons, Vermleks are resistant to weapons not made of cold iron, or blessed by holy forces. As well, they have a whole bevy of resistances to pretty much all elemental forces, and an outright immunity to electricity.

They use the bodies of the fallen as both a form of protection from physical harm, as well as a means of disguise to get closer to other victims. Then, when the whim takes them, they discard the lifeless husk of their current victim, and move on to the next, to continue their sadistic goals.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

? I added the arrow to show what my path is if that clarifies matters...


Its a straight line from above, not from the side.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Okay... I think I'm picturing this differently from you, but no worries! Let's just change it to a non-sneak attack against Red, I'll go ahead and draw the second dagger, and use Combat Expertise

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 16 / 13 T / 14FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:7/8, 2nd: 7/7; 3rd 4/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 5/5; Dark Half 8/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, reroll used

What Floria actually said was: "Vermleks! They're immune to electricity and resistant to all other energy types. Use cold Iron or holy! And they pilot corpses for ... infiltration ...

She spares a quick look at Kreighton to see if he looks like he might be a corpse ridden by a worm demon.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Kara is glad to hear of this information from Floria, as she knows little about these demons.

Reasoning that, like the other demons, these might have Spell Resistance, she fires her crossbow at the nearest one.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Cursing her lack of training with the crossbow, she hurries to load another bolt for next time.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni sheaths his new blade and readies his crossbow instead.

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Emaon looks at the disgusting worm creatures as Floria shouts what she thinks they are Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13; having never studied such creatures himself, Eamon trust mystic's knowledge and takes aim with his crossbow and lets a cold iron bolt fly ltcrossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 1 satisfied with his shot, Eamon loads another cold iron tipped bolt into his crossbow.


GM Screen:
red vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
red bite vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
blue vs Alessio: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Floria, shocked to find the disgusting body-snatching demon suddenly so close, quickly backs away, conjuring a shield of energy to fend it off, as she does her best to warn her companions about what little she knows of such creatures. Luckily, Sangkip quickly leaps across the intervening space and interposes himself in between them, jabbing his cold iron dagger into the things gut... or at least where the former soldier's gut should be... it was hard to say what part of the demon was under that spot. In response, it brings its sword around, still covered in the blood of its prior victim, and hacks at the little vanaran, but Sangkip is far too nimble. He easily ducks under the blade. The creatures multi-jawed mouth opens, and its worm-like neck twists, as it it lunges down trying to close its teeth on him as well, but Sangkip easily dodges that attack as well.

Kara tries firing her newly acquired crossbow... but she has not had time to properly calibrate it, and the bolt sails off over the battlements, a gift for the river beyond. Down below, Huni and Eamon have similar ideas, but only the later has his ready. Though his shot barely nicks the second demon's new skin.

Alessio tries the chemical approach, quickly mixing another incendiary explosive, before tossing it up to the top of the battlement, where it crashes against the same demon. The flames burn quickly, severely charring the skin suit that the demon is wearing, though they do not appear to have hurt the demon in any way at all, its resistance more than a match for the alchemist's bomb. The demon smiles down at him, then suddenly is lurching down the side of the wall, as if it were walking on the ground. It hits the street below running, and lumbers across the intervening space, closing on the alchemist quickly, pulling out the sword of the unfortunate victim it is wearing as it goes. Alessio feels the protective barrier of his aura straining as the creature rushes through it, and he is forced to dodge quickly, only his armor saving him from serious injury.

Somewhere in between all the conflict, Kreighton Shane steps out of the chalk circle, and still chanting, walks over to the one delineated by the strange gray powder, below where Floria and Kara stand on the wall. Kara, still worried about the vermlek's ability to infest a human host, glances down... but can not tell if the same thing has happened to the Master of Scrolls or not.

- Round 4 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio (-1)
Floria
Huni
Sangkip

Kreighton Shane
red vermlek (-8), blue vermlek (-1)

Back to the top!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Alessio backs up and raises his crossbow to fire a bolt. He is used to the din of combat but these demons press hard. Focus fire! We must take them down! Alessio fires across the battleground at the other damaged demon hoping we can take them down in turn.

light crossbow, CI bolts, PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

AC 20 vs Evil.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara adjusts her crossbow slightly, then fires again at Red.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Kara is beginning to think that a career in the crossbow archery corps is not going to happen.


Don't forget firing into melee penalties, all you folks using crossbows without appropriate training!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

Blades flashing from paw to tail to paw again, Sangkip advances warily, cornering this demonspawn against the battlements.

Dagger (CE): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
Cold Iron Slashing: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dagger (CE): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 = 8
Cold Iron Slashing: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13 ...
Extra Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

+1 dodge to AC til next turn

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10
GM wrote:
Don't forget firing into melee penalties, all you folks using crossbows without appropriate training!

I'll remember that if I ever roll above a 2. :)

Silver Crusade

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 17/41 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +6, W +8 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:2/8, 2nd: 4/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1; CI bolts 37; Phrenic Pool 3/5; Dark Half 2/8 Reach Rod 1/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, kobold form

Floria moves up the stairs in order to put a little distance between herself and the demon threatening Sangkip. She then lets the darkness overtake her, and she takes on the familiar snarling almost bestial appearance.

With a scream of fury she attempts to violate the vermlek's mind.

DC 19 will save for half damage

Mind Thrust II: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 3, 4, 5) = 20
CL check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni hadn't expected a demon to close with them. He adjusts his tactic. Huni drops the unloaded crossbow and redraws his sword as he closes to attack.

Longsword, cold iron:
to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 to hurt: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silver Crusade

male|spd.30:
special:
channel 6/6day, honor bound 5/5day,Panache 3/3,seize intit 5/5
+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 26/26| Fort:+5,Ref:+5.Wil:+4:
Attacks:
+1 longsword+6(1d8+2)/cold iron rapier +4(1d6+1)/lt crossbow +4(1d8)
Cleric 1/Fighter 1(Lore Warden)/Swashbuckler 1Current conditions:none

Eamon likewise drops his crossbow and draws his new cold iron rapier as he approaches the demon after acceding the stairs he takes a swipe at the thing. cold iron rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
GM I will use Parry riposte if the creature attacks me.fyi my AC: is now '20' vs evil

parry/riposte:
parry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19riposte: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Huni, please remember when using the crossbow, you have to remove your shield. so going back to the sword, you're shield would not be equipped. Luckily, you didn't have time to unequip it in the first place, so will say its still on. Just remember that when switching around.

GM Screen:
Sangkip AoO: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 = 8
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

blue vs Huni: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20, 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
blue bite vs Huni: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Down on the street, Alessio quickly steps away from the fiendish creature, pulling out his crossbow. But instead of firing at the demon right in front of him, instead he aims and shoots up towards the wall, at the vermlek on the battlements. Even with the press of combat, and Sangkip moving around in front of it, he manages to thread his shot through to the target, the bolt sinking deeply into the demons outer skin. Its worm-like head thrashes in fury.

Huni and Eamon quickly move in to fill the void he left, blocking the closer demon from closing on him. Huni hacks a long slash along its ribs with his sword, through which you can see foul demonic flesh writhing about. Eamon thrusts at it with his rapier, but it deflects off the human out skin, failing to penetrate to the demon underneath.

That demon turns on Huni with fury, the pain of the cold iron blade drawing its full ire! The warpriest can not quite back out of the way in time, as the demon's blade cuts a long gash across his midsection, and he can feel the warm wetness of blood flowing from the wound. (9 damage to Huni)

Up on the battlements, Sangkip takes advantage of the distraction Alessio's shot made, as he continues to dance around the demon. His daggers thrusting out as he comes in close, only to dart back out again, before it can get to him. It hisses in frustration, then unexpectedly lurches up the wall, right over his head. Kara tries to hit it with her crossbow again, but has no better luck... and wonders if she didn't get one that was damaged. Beside her, she sees Floria slowly backing up the nearby steps, her visage shifting to the dark, bestial form she saw earlier, screaming soundlessly as her eyes bore into the demonic creature across the way.

Floria, for her part, her subconscious momentarily overridden by her darker side, reaches out with her mind to crush the vermlek in front of her. But even as her thoughts start to invade its, the malevolence and evil she feels there, causes her own thoughts to waver... doubt sewing its disruptive seed, until she suddenly finds herself unable to pierce through its fiendish resistance at all.

From its vantage over Sankip's head, dark energies start to build around the vermlek, as it summons some sort of magical energies around it. The little vanaran tries to interrupt them, but can't quite reach with his knives, not before it finishes its spell, and dark energies burst forth from where it stands.

Sangkip immediately feels his very life force being pulled from his body, as the fur along his arms starts to wither and fall out in patches, the skin underneath turning black.

Sangkip, you will take 4 points of negative energy damage. DC 16 Will save for half

Above him, the vermlek seems to bath in the same dark energies, some of its own wounds closing. Worse, down below, the other vermlek seems to take in those energies as well, as the slash from Huni's blade partially closes.

Spellcraft, DC 21:
It appears to have been a mass inflict light wounds spell-like ability... which unexpectedly, appear to have healed the demons!

In the arcane circles, the Master of Scrolls lights some sort of substance made of dried plants of some sort. The flames are not great, but it seems to be producing a large amount of smoke. He continues to chant, as he waves the brand around in a complex pattern of some sort.

- Round 5 ----
Eamon
Kara
Alessio (-1)
Floria
Huni (-9)
Sangkip+ (-4*)

Kreighton Shane
red vermlek (-21), blue vermlek (-7)

Back to the top!

Willpower save pending from Sangkip

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Alessio watches the back and forth on the battlefield after his shot. Damn, a setback. Whatever that was healed them as well as hurt us. Keep at them! Inflict Wounds, Mass. He loads his crossbow and continues on the most injured demon.

crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 3/3

"Gah! That was just... unpleasant!"

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Is the 5' up meant to be the 'square' above me? i.e. Can I reach it?

301 to 350 of 2,729 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.