Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


3,701 to 3,750 of 4,331 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

-7/60hp
thank you Kael, i feel reinvigorated and ready to feed more trolls...


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Cast Detect Magic around the area


It is morning, you rested most of the night.

Sanrael does not notice anything other than disturbed earth previously noted by Pnin.

Curral does not detect any magic.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin walks toward the disturbed earth. He looks again more carefully . . .

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39

If he sees nothing, he steps onto the spot and continues to look for patterns and signs.


The earth has definitely been disturbed, nothing happens when Pnin steps on the spot.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

is something buried there
Sanrael looks
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

F%!#ing hells!

Guess there's only one way to find out San.

Kael digs through the disturbed earth to see what lies below.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin shrugs as if to say "yeah . . . sure. . . why not"

And starts to dig with Kael.


You dig down about a foot and find a sack of coins and jewelry with a total value of 400 gold.

Sometimes the answer is the simple/obvious answer.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

A slight sheen of sweat on his brow-Well I suppose we are all quite awake now. Might as well look for that cave entrance, eh?

perception looking for cave entrance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

I shall also toss a gander in the direction of the cave
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Perception Looking for Cave: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39


The party heads back to the creek and heads upstream, after about an hour of searching Curral and Pnin locate a partially collapsed cave entrance behind some thick vegetation. The entrance is about 3' wide and 4' high.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin enters the cave:

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael lest some of the shorter party members scout ahead before entering the cramped confines.


Pnin makes it down the cramped tunnel about 30’ before it opens up so he can stand, but he is going to need a light source to continue any further.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin relays the information to the party.

Come on in, the water's fine!


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael follows ahead


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael moves down the tunnel after Sanrael, his darkvision quickly adapting to the different lighting. Once he gets to the more open area he stretches his stiff frame and looks about.

Sorry Pnin, I don't have a torch, lantern, or anything else that sheds light besides my blade. My eyes work fine in the dark and I always forget that isn't the case for everyone else.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Onward intrepid explorers!


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin has torches.

Kael, I am glad your senses are easily adapted to dark. But I think we ought to light torches unless someone else wants to take the lead.

Curral, can you cast light?


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

I dont mind some torchlight, Pnin. Your eyes are far more keen than mine.


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Unless Curall conjures some lights, Pnin sets fire to a torch and takes another look around

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael stands and looks about with the torch lit
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


The cave continues on and splits 30’ ahead, giving you an option of left or right.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

hmmmm...lead the way Pnin


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

Curral will cast Dancing Lights to illuminate the way.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

as long as no friggin clowns show up.....im ok with dancing lights


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin heads left.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael follows.....perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael dutifully follows the indomitable cat-man.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


The path to the left dips down after about 40' and it looks as if you will have to slog through murky water about 2'-3' deep if you continue.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

hmmmmm.....lets check path to the right Pnin...would rather something not sneak up behind us


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Yes, let's head back the other way.

Pnin turns around and proceeds down the other path.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Dry, thank the goddess...

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


The path to the right weaves back and forth for 60’ where it ends in a ledge, you will need to climb down 30’ to continue.


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael looks over the edge-That's a long way down....even longer falling in full plate. I guess wet boots don't look so bad after all.

What can Kael see down below with his 60' darkvision?perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Kael has had his wheaties today!


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Can we send the lights down the ledge? I'd rather not get wet either . . .


You can see the tunnel continues once you get down to the bottom.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

i can climb down....but climbing back if we need to do so in a hurry might be a different story....
sanrael looks about for a path or footholds that others might have used
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


AC 22; HP 42; INIT +6; PERCEPT +23
Combat:
Shortbow +11 / 1d6+6; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +3d6
Saves:
Fort +4 Ref +11 Will +4

Pnin was just concerned with making sure the landing looks safe.

I agree, Sanrael. Kael, are you saying you'd have to take off the armor to get down there? I have rope and pitons, but would like to make it down there ready to fight. I do think we should explore that path eventually . . .


The stone is rough so there are places for handhold/foothold but it will still require a moderate amount of skill to climb up or down without falling, a rope would definitely help. No obvious threats at the bottom.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

let me climb down and have a look about....tie a rope off in the meantime....

climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


M init: 1d20 ⇒ 11
P init: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Sanrael gets to the bottom and can see that the passage continues on for at least 40', of more immediate concern are the spiders clinging to the roof of the passage that are rapidly approaching.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

does sanrael think he can climb even more rapidly?? if so
he does climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
and yelling [b[SPIDERS!!![/b]


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

if using the rope helps me move faster i do so


AC 21; HP 47; init +3; Perception + 8

If I can, fire at the spiders

short comp. bow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


AC-22; HP 50 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +10/2d6+5; PA: +8; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Waiting to see if Sanrael can evade the spiders using the rope before declaring an action.


AC 20; HP 60 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
+10 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+8 to hit (4STR/5BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

are these spiders bigger than a mouse and smaller than a breadbox kinda spiders??

3,701 to 3,750 of 4,331 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.