SO Jade Regent

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts

Loot List


801 to 837 of 837 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Whatever you think best. This is NOT my area of expertise :-)"


The floor of this vast cavern descends in two twenty-foot drops into a large, eerie grotto. The walls drip with moisture and bear strange and disturbing cave paintings of towering four-winged humanoid shapes. Tiny motes of glowing light drift and bob in the air, giving the place an almost nauseating feeling, as if the cavern is viewed through a dreamlike haze.

You are on the lower level, not the upper.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Continue forward, our folks with high perception should be checking for traps and Vance will be constantly scan the area for magic.

GM, want to ask permission on this: How helpful would Tiltha be in checking for traps? She has a hell of a perception score, but I'm not sure how limited her help would be with her intelligence score locked at 6. I don't want to play her too meta and be too impactful.


Tiltha is not super helpful. Is current map placement about correct? I moved everyone.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

If it helps seek and search are animal companion tricks that animal with 2 int can do.

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Olaff feels unease about the paintings and the whole place. "Humm... Do any o' ya smarrt ones make any sense o' this? I do not give a crrap about ancient mysterries and the sorrt, but if any o' these paints arre any help to Ameiko orr perrhaps hint o' any danger ve might face ahead o' us, it vould be nice to know."

He walks a couple more feet inside the room in order to allow everyone to have a good look of the whole cave. "If nothing helpful can be found, lets move on..."


Female Pygmy Storm Roc Familiar 2

I think asking Tiltha to search for "traps" may be a bit above her capabilities, because she may not see a string of rope and connect the dots that it is a trap. When it comes to looking for something much more obvious, say "Olaff went missing in the forest, go look for him" would be well within her abilities. As it stands I think the GMs ruling is good.

Vance stays where he is most comfortable, near the back, and scans the area for magic.

Placement on map looks good, Vance will follow along!


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn will start by casting detect magic as well as well as checking out the images.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka and Jakur would be a little closer to the front. I think Nikka has one of the highest perceptions in the party.

Nikka is frantically looking around, trying to find trouble before it finds here. Jakur is also alert and nervous although he does a MUCH better job of hiding it :-)


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"These motes look like... some sort of faerie fire? Vance, you are learned, do you recognize these winged things painted here?"


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"As long as they are not will-o-wisps."


Ryn and the others are fairly certain these are not will-o-wisps, but something appears to be moving up ahead in the grotto, though it doesn't appear to have noticed you yet.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Potential hostile ahead. We should move up and attack."


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Drawing his wakizashi, Sunishi begins focusing his ki and preparing for a battle.

Whispering, "These cramped quarters will make this difficult, hopefully the monster goes down easy,"


Init:
Nikka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Vance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Ryn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Leandro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Sunishi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Olaff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Bad Guy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The creature lunges, and it is terrifying to behold! Descriptions fail, there's a picture in Maps & Handouts, page 7. You get the distinct impression that you have made several wrong turns along your path, and that this may in fact become your grave....

________
Leandro
Sunishi

BAD GUY
Vance
Olaff
Ryn
Nikka
________


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

What's the knowledge check?


Planes.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

Leandro dashes to the side, rapier at the ready.

Fighting defensively, readying an attack if it comes into range. If I'm attacked, immediate action to use Dodging Panache, take a step back and gain another +3 AC for a total of 22/16/15.

Readied attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi unleashes his channel ki, turning invisible. Dashing forward with his Wakizashi drawn he positions himself to attack the creature.

Sunishi tries to keep his final position unknown, hoping it passes by him and he can attack it from behind.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 20 + 8 = 38

Invisible for 2 rounds

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Forr Queen Elvanna's loose ass! Olaff curses as he readies his shield. "Vance, tell me this s%*& is harrmless... if not, ve rretrreat!"

When Sunishi turns invisible, Olaff continues to instruct the others. "I hope ye puffed out o' herre, Sunishi... if ye appearr behind that crrap, if it does not kill ye, I VILL!"

If the plan is to retreat, lets retreat!


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Tiltha Knowledge (planar, assist): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Vance Knowledge (planar): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

I'm not up in initiative yet but figured I would roll the knowledge check.


Vance doesn't quite know what it is, it looks like an Octopus only with more limbs, and it seems Fiendish.

Leandro, I'd need a climb check before you jump up a 20 foot cliff. Redo your movement.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

Didn't know it was a cliff. Staying where I am (I guess you moved me back into a safe position) is good for me.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Didn't realize we were retreating yet, we hadn't discussed it in character.


The creature swarms upward, taking a place closer to the ceiling (20' mostly upward movement) and from its maw produces a wand of some sort. "Ffoooolish mortals, you tread in my domain... now become food!"

It does not appear to have done anything yet. Team actions.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"I don't think this is a fight we need to have right now."

Ryn will move toward the exit hoping Nikka and others will get behind him. He will ready a move to move further toward the exit keeping himself between the monster and the others.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Nikka is happy to take the hint and she and Jakur retreat backwards


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi watches his allies begin to retreat and takes advantage of his invisibilty to run out of the room with his team mates.

Whispering to Olaff as he runs by. "Come, let us live to fight another day, we'll come back for this guy"


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"So we're running now? Good for me!" says Leandro, doing as suggested, but keeping to the back ranks.

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Olaff readies his shield and retreats slowly, always keeping and eye at the monster.

To Leandro, he barks as he plants his free hand on his chest and pushes him back: "I am not rrunning... ve arre rretrreating! Ya run, as fast as ya can. Save yarrselves, save Nikka, boy, and save Ameiko! I'll be rright behind ya if I can. If I can't, I'll take that thing vith me orr at least delay it... ya all still have too much to live forr..."

Delaying to be the last to act before the bad guy. Then Total Defense (AC 24, touch 15, flat-footed 19) as standard action and then retreat as move action.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance begins stuttering. "I-I-I h-h-have..." He stumbles back, moving away from the creature before breaking and running!

Move action to move away, I will delay my standard action to see how the retreat goes. If everybody is running and the creature isn't pursuing, he will simply keep moving. If the creature looks to be pursuing, Vance will take out his scroll of silent image and make it look like he walled off the tunnel.


The creature waves its wand, and speaks in an unknown tongue. A ray of fire leaps forth from the tip of the wand at Olaff.

Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 5) = 14

It engulfs Olaff, the searing heat and pain immense! Party Turn.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Is Olaf still up? And can the rest of us see what has just happened?

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 15/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Faen ta deg!" Olaff exclaims in anger and the ray of fire hits his sword arm, burning his cloth and boiling his flesh. Looking back, he notices the others are still close to him.

"Vhat the f+%@ arre ya still doing? GET OUT O' HERRE! Ya arre rruining my death!"

Olaff is still up at 6 hp. He has delayed his action to just before the monster, so you all will act prior to him. If there is any of you still here, Olaff will hold his ground and die next turn... evel if healed I think. Assuming you all double move, Olaff will follow and all will be safe I guess.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Ryn casts cure light wounds on Olaff.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Thank you. Let keep moving. Get behind me and let me take the next one. Share the load my friend.

Ryn will move toward the exit.


Whether you can see it is based on perspective, Olaff is still up though very badly burned.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Come on Olaff. RUN!!! Lets all RUN!!!"

801 to 837 of 837 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - A Merry Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.