SO Jade Regent

Game Master ScorchedOne

Maps & Handouts

Loot List


451 to 500 of 832 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance gives a partway sight of relief. "I think we have no concerns for undead at the very least." He advises the others.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Good."

Ryn will begin to creep forward.


Creeping forward still elicits no response from the skeletal corpses on the ground.

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 6/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Olaff keeps moving forward, while pointing to the water with his drawn sword. "Can ya see therre, underr the vaterr? Therre arre two morre skeletons..." He then crouches, looking for marks on the ground, like footsteps.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"So, if the skeletons attacked the goblins, who do you think attacked the skeletons? And where are they? This stillness is unnerving me."


Olaff does not find what he is looking for, but the wet ground does not seem the best for retaining tracks.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
know local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"That is very strange. The armor these skeletons are wearing isn't from around here. Unless I'm mistaken, its from that other continent far, far away. Tien, I believe it is called"

Nikka takes a look at the skeletons, trying to see if she can see how they died

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Nikka finds that between the damp air and the skeletal remains, it is difficult to determine how these had died.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

"Well...just some unmoving corpses...great. Let's move on, shall we?"

I think the GM is giving us strong hints there's nothing else of interest in this room. Onwards, rule of left!


Indeed. Unless you wish to directly interact with the corpses, there is very little to see here that I did not outline in spoilers.


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sorry about the delay in posting, I've been in some very spotty service, i should be back up to my regular posting now.

Sunishi, looking more closely at the armor after Nikka mentions that they are from Tien, looks to see if anything is familiar about them but unfortunately nothing stirs his washed memory of his prior home.

Continuing to hold the rear Sunishi pulls out his Katana and pokes at the skeletons as they continue through the cave.


Poking the skeletons continues to prove ineffective because as we all know skeletons have damage reduction against poking. Now smashing? That could be effective in destroying a skeleton. Does the party wish to smash skeletons, or do they wish to move on to the next chamber?


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

MOVE ON!


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"I'm at your side" Leandro answers the wizard. Although he's unsettled, the possibility of an ally who's fighting against the skeletons galvanizes the young man.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Let's continue onward."


The path ahead narrows. You don't think more than about one of you could fit side by side. Shall I put you in 1x6 formation down the tunnel? Didn't want to make that assumption. I moved everyone up to the mouth.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Yes, and don't feel bad about making some reasonable assumptions!


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

The point of the formations are so any one player or the gm can move the group.


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

Agreed on both counts. Move forward, and feel free to make reasonable assumptions


Groovy. I didn't want to do that without some consent because....

The party begins to squeeze into the narrow tunnel. Out the other side, Olaff notices a large jade and cherry wood chest. There is a skeleton slumped over it, as if guarding it. It is about 20 feet away. The party is still somewhat cramped along the tunnel, except Vance who hasn't begun squeezing his way in yet.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Is the hallway just narrow, or are we experiencing squeezing penalties?

"Hold, let me scan that for magic as well..."

Vance will scan the room for magic, including the skeleton and the chest, before anybody gets too close. If necessary he will move forward in order to do so, but advise nobody to get within 15 feet of the chest/skeleton.


Those in the tunnel who are medium sized are taking penalties. The small ones are just a little cramped. Vance isn't anywhere near the new room with the chest yet. He's on the other side of the tunnel. Only Olaff can currently see the chest, barring movement.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"It seems whatever necromatic energy that is here has dissipatedn but it's good to double check."

Ryn will look for traps and cast detect magic. Ryn will get everyone to shift back so he can be second in line. 1x1 marching order.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Cramped and trying to hold a katana as best he can, a bit of panic starting to rise in his voice ”I have a bad feeling about this, if these skeletons attack us I have no way of helping!”


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Vance directs the others to move out of the tunnel, all except for Olaff who he wants to keepin front. Once they leave the tunnel he directs Ryn in, telling Olaff to move a little forward so he can stand from Olaff's previous vantage point in order to see the skeleton and chest.

Get it Ryn!


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"Sorry, excuse, pardon me."


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Up until now, they seem quite inert. I'd say someone already dispatched them."

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 6/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"I do not like the look o' this..." Olaff says, warning the others as Vance comes into the room. "Among the tales the skalds tell in my land, a constant theme is about a foolish ulfen who gets currsed or vorrse vhile taking trreasurres frrom the dead..."

"I'm forr surre ulfen and definitely vant vhat is in that chest, but foolish is something I'm not. Those blasted grreen buggerrs varrned us about the skeletons, and if they moved beforre, they'll forr surre move again, and if they do, ve'rre f%##ed in this narrow space just like that whorre Queen Elvanna frrom Irrrisen likes."

"Look at that skeleton watching the chest, Vance, but darre not to touch it... at least until we've stripped those skeletons frrom the previous rroom o' their veapons and arrmorrs... thinking about it, also taking their feet is also a good prrecaution." Olaff adds, obviously suspicious and perhaps a bit paranoid. "No skald have everr told a tale about feetless skeletons chasing my people..."


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"I'm pretty sure I'm already cursed so I'm not any more worried then I am every day."


You detect faint abjuration on the skeleton's weapon, a sword of some Tian variety.

You hear your words echoing within the smaller cavern. You feel as if they are coming back to haunt you... or perhaps to taunt you.

Everyone should hopefully be reflected correct-ish on the map. If not please correct it.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Map looks good to me. I like the idea of breaking all their feet, spooky skeletons are significantly less spooky if they look like they come from the ministry of silly walks.


Male Human (Varisian) Swashbuckler 2 | HP 12/20 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +0 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2/+5, CMD: 15, M.Attack +6 (1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Panache 0/2

"Then how about we take position inside this room, then? That way they will have to squeeze." comes Leandro's voice from the rearguard.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

"That or throw there heads in the water."


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Edging towards the side of the wall as best he can, so he’ll be in a position to flank or help distract the skeletons as they come through, ”Whatever we do, let’s decide quick, I don’t like this one bit,”

Twirling his katana, Sunishi readies himself at the entrance.

Since I cant really damage them, I’ll be focusing aiding another on attack or defense

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 6/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Verry vell, it is decided then. Leandrro and Sunishi, pile their veapons and arrmorrs in a corrnerr and put their feet on a bag... once ve are out o' herre ve can prroperrly burry 'em and lift any missunderrstanding about messing vith their bones... me and Rryn vill keep vatching this otherr one herre..."

During the talking, Olaff did not lowered his shield or sword.


Let me know what you are actually doing. If you start disturbing corpses or piling into the new room, or what have you.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

First remove the feat, and put them in a bag. Next take the armor and weapons, put them in a pile for now, though we should take them with us.

I know the rules on haunts (if this is a haunt) are awful but is there are check we can make on the voices?


You don't hear any voices which you yourselves are not the sources of. This is not a haunt. If you are actually, factually, beginning to remove the feet from the skeletons, please state that and place yourself next to one of the skeletons on the map.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

GM, would it be an unreasonable expectation to give you full privileges to move us if we explicitly state what we're doing?


I did so for the moving you to the next room through the tunnel, but with regard to "gathering up skeleton feet in a bag", I'll need to know who is or is not doing the corpse desecration.


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

If I have Ryn and Olaff stand guard as he said I put the others in reasonable positions given the plan. But each person can adjust accordingly.


As soon as you start directly interacting with one of the skeletons, they all come to (un)life and attack!

Initiative:
Nikka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Vance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Ryn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Leandro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Sunishi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Olaff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Surprised by their sudden animation, they get the drop on the group!

Some of them have to spend their full turn simply rising and approaching, but others who were being interfered with are able to strike at the intruders.

Attacks:
Leandro: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Nikka: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Sunishi: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Olaff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Nikka's armor blocks the blow, but Leandro and Sunishi are struck by their foes. Party may act.


Male Human Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 13/12/11 | Initiative +2 | Perception +1 (+2 with familiar) | Speed 30 ft. | CMB +0 | CMD 12 | Saving Throws F +1, R +2, W +4

Oh. I need to brush up on how necromancy works apparently. Vance thinks as his mind fails to grasp the situation quickly enough to panic. He waits for Nikka's companion to move so he can step away from the frontline, then points at Olaff with an intricate gesture. "Muansi xiekiv...muansi xiekiv...muansi xiekiv..." He chants.

Delay until Nikka/companion act, then 5 foot step up and to the left and cast enlarge person on Olaff. The spell is a full-round to cast so it won't take effect until the start of next turn.

Tiltha cries aggressively, taking off after one of the skeletons, harrying it to distract it and leave an opening for Olaff!

Assist DC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Success

Tiltha moves on map as shown (going around to avoid AoO) to assist Olaff's next attack against it.


Map Pieces of Knowledge

Skeletons
--------------------
Vance
Olaff
Nikka:
Leandro
Ryn
Sunishi
--------------------

I use this to help track buffs and conditions for the group


| AC16 T11 F15 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+2 R:-1 W:+3 | Init:+5 | Perception: +4

Still being weak Ryn taps into ancient memories of his ancestors fighting using martial flexibility to take dedicated adversary (undead), then asks for their blessing divine favour.

"Let's do what we came here to do."

The Exchange

Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 2 | HP: 6/22 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM +1 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: None.

Olaff curses as the enemies wake from their slumber. "F~%!! That vas vhat I vas afrraid... everryone, fall back and rregrroup! All behind me!" He then slashes at the closest skeleton to him.

Attack (longsword), assist, flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 21
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

If the skeleton is down, Olaff will move to take Vance's place.


As Olaff completely obliterates one skeleton, the rest of the party comes to grips with the danger of the situation but keeps their wits about themselves.

--------------------
Skeletons
Vance
Olaff
Nikka
Leandro (-5)

Ryn
Sunishi (-3)
--------------------


HP: 17/17 |AC:15 T:13 FF:12,| CMD: 15 | Fort: +1, Refl: +5, Will: +0 | Ki Pool 3/3 | Init: +5, Speed 30ft

Sunishi does an acrobatic jump to get out of the way of the Skeleton and to help aid Nikka's attack.

Acrobatics to move without provoking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Attack to aid Nikka: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Halfling Fey Touched Druid Hp 16/16 |AC 17 (T 13 FF 15) | Init +2 | Per +7 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) } HP 16/16 |||| Jakur (Cougar) AC 19. H{ 20/20)

"Aarrrrggghhhh. Skeletons!!!!! Jakur, save me!!"

With a scream of fear, Nikka steps back and casts magic fang on Jakurs bite attack

Edit: Can't fail handle animal check


Fire Cougar

"No bag of bones menaces MY mommy!!!. you MUST die"

"Gggggggrrrrrrhhhhisssssss"

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 for bashing damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
On other if that one puts the skelly down
claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for bashing damage: 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for bashing damage: 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

451 to 500 of 832 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - A Merry Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.