The Silver Shields return - Group Grey

Game Master TheNine

Need something investigated, explored, or delivered with minimal fuss and maximum protection? Hire the Silver Shields today!

Group Grey
Battlemap


1 to 50 of 1,315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

.

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Dot


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

I'd assume the post in discussion was wrong.

Does this latter offer any idea of what kind of job he wants us to do? I'm mostly thinking about what we should prepare ourselves for."


In the library you all find Allura sitting in a ver large and well cushioned chair behind a large darkwood desk.

"Very good, very prompt. We have recieved a letter from a Jemar A clerk whom works for a merchant coster in Macridi. He has been hiring mercenaries.... not us who were much cheaper and less skilled. Now we have a letter asking for us. Go to the Black Dragon inn, speak with this Jemar."

She began. looking not overly concerned by the request.. almost bored really.

"Any questions?"


Nicenzia Immortuos wrote:

I'd assume the post in discussion was wrong.

Does this latter offer any idea of what kind of job he wants us to do? I'm mostly thinking about what we should prepare ourselves for."

"It does not state, as strange as this sounds, you could perhaps ask Miss ALinna Mondale at the tavern about it. She for some reason has eyes and ears everywhere it seems... though dont mention that to Master Binderbook... his view on clandestine operations is a rather shortsided one.


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

"I will refrain myself from doing so. This Alinna sounds like a very good informant to have on one's good side. is she one of the workers at the Black Dragon?"


She laughed and shook her head. Pausing to compose herself she cleared her throat.

"She runs the tavern attached to the outer wall here. "


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

Slight embarrassed "Oh I am not good at remembering names, most people never treated me good so I am afraid I have a habit of forgetting names quickly. I'll make a note of her in my journal so I don't forget it again."

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen enters into the library still cupping her mug of tea in both hands, sipping from it every now and then. Trying her best to fit in with this regimented group, Swen listens carefully to the short briefing. She makes a mental note about Master Binderbook's view on 'clandestine operations', but is happy that her captain here doesn't seem to frown upon it.

We can stop by the Silver Chalice on our way out, Nicenzia, and ask about Alinna's contacts.

Any other advice for us, uh, captain? Can you tell us more about this Jemar? How will we recognize him?

Swen looks about the crew to see if anyone else had any other questions.


"Hes an older fellow by my understanding white hair, you will no doubt find him complaining about today's youth in fine clothes. To be honest im not sure. I know he is the butler for a trading company in Macridi. We have not been paying as much attention to them like I said they were in the business of hiring private and cheap mercenaries."

She began offering a refill to Swen.

"I spoke with Colewin about this at length last night. If when you speak with the man the coin isnt right feel free to decline. What i've heard however is that they are getting desperate... but don't rake them over the coals either we have a reputation to maintain."

You all can do things like knowledge local checks if you would like. pretty much at anytime im liberal with skill checks :)

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen gratefully receives the refill offered from Allura. She sips on the tea, pondering.

I wonder what happened to his usual mercenaries that's got him so desperate...

I guess we'll have to weigh his coin purse against the risks, she says lowly, speaking more so into her mug of tea than to anyone in general.

Swen mulls over what she can remember about Macridi from her briefings in Absalom and her short stay there before arriving at the Silver Shields.

kn. local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

Nicenzia smiles at Swens comment in her mug "If he pays well I don't mind a little risky business. I have my eyes on a nice evening cloak I want to be able to afford." she says with a wink.


"If he starts to balk at price, I figure asking him what happened to the last people they hired should loosen the purse strings." Ramona mutters from her spot leaning against the wall by the door. The dark skinned woman give a little smirk in emphasis.


macridi:
The town of Macridi (pronounced ma-KRID-ee) is located in central Druma in the middle of the Palakar Forest. It sits at the confluence of the Great Goldpan River and the Prophet's Flow, and is primarily a logging town. Although just as affluent as the other population centers of the Kalistrocracy, Macridi's residents do not feel the need to display their wealth as openly. This gives the wooded town a somewhat less opulent feel.

Most of the money in Macridi is made in the logging industry. Unlike in other logging communities, where nearby forests are clearcut for profit, the citizens of Macridi take a more long-sighted approach, selecting to fell only the choicest and most expensive trees. This also puts them in good standing with the local fey community of the Palakar Forest, who understand that the city's inhabitants could take a much more ruthless approach should they so choose. In return, some of the fey acts as scouts, tipping off the lumber industry when they discover particularly impressive darkwood or paueliel trees. Even though this might seem like atypical behavior coming from a fey inhabitant of the forest, these faeries understand that the sacrifice of a few trees saves the whole forest.

"Well thats a fine point. Honestly most of our missions have more information, but we have looked over what facts are to be had and truly believe this is a great starting point for you all. If you have no further questions I believe heading into town and finding our about the mission is in order. If after going over the mission's parameters you have questions or need aid please come back to see me."

She paused and set her tea down.

"In fact I would almost command it. I will have some of the workers here prepare some supplies for you, I do know that whatever they have hired the mercinaries for before this, its has taken them out of the area."

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen looks over her shoulder at Ramona, glad that this one at least thinks somewhat alike. Remember to introduce yourself, like a nice person would.

Ok then. I'm gonna go grab my gear, she says, addressing her new teammates. I'll meet you all at the gate, then we can check in with Alinna.

Swen turns and heads out the library, but as she reaches the door, she stops and turns to face Allura, a hesitant look on her face I uh... I mean, that is, are we dismissed, uh, captain?


Male 1/2 Orc Bloodrager 2 | HP 25/25 | Init +1 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Perception +5 with Darkvision

Hmm. I was the second one to dot this threat but my dot is not there. What happened


AC 14, T 14, FF 11 | hp 7/7 Fort +0 (+2 vs. poison (+4 vs. accidently poisoning yourself)), Ref +3, Will +4 Female dread gnome sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 1 N Small humanoid Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6

Tush hurries into the room after her new friends and team members. She takes a seat and pulls out a notebook. "How far away is Macridi? We're going to be headed out even further from Macridi?" I'll need the traveling cloak, and the sharp black pants that go with the purple trimmed boots. She begins to make a list.

@Aurelain: If you use the same dot as a previous person the post never shows up.


Not sure at all Aurelain. Macridi is a little less than a hour or so horse ride from the Silver Shields manor.


"I would guess that you will be heading outside of Macridi, if they were hiring mercenaries whom were disapearing within the city itself we would know. If you have no further questions then yes, you may go. Just remember to stop back by before you head off to wherever you will be going."


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

"Understood, I'm sure most of my questions will be answered by the guy who is hiring for this job. Seeing as he hasn't shared much with you we should be prepared for everything. Is there a good place around here to get hold of a scroll or two? I was thinking to bring an extra with healing I can handle to use, as I can't drink the normal stuff." Nicenzia says getting up and ready to leave.


Male Suli| HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +1 Magus (eldritch scion)/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Eldritch Pool 8/8

Stumbling in past the gnome, comes a slightly disheveled and quite hungover Amed. The magus walks past the others to sit heavily down upon a nearby chair.
Moaning slightly, Amed Alsaakhib-Alraed, self-proclaimed 'master of spell and steel' spoke, "So..where are we going?"
Sorry for my tardiness. Looks like this page like to eat posts.


"Meet a contact, see if there's a job worth taking." Ramona replies.


Male 1/2 Orc Bloodrager 2 | HP 25/25 | Init +1 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Perception +5 with Darkvision

Sorry for my absence. Posting from my phone; on business travel and they are keeping me quite busy. And will be at Dragon Con this weekend. So thinks will not be normal for me til Tuesday.

Aurelian listens to the briefing saying nothing and nodding in agreement and understanding as points are laid out.

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Having now gotten permission to leave, Swen returns to her bed where her pack and weapons are stowed. She grabs them and her cloak and heads for the compound gate where she said she'd meet the others.


Alright parties all here, to the tavern and Allina or to town and the Black dragon inn?

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

As others arrive at the gate, Swen remembers to introduce herself to those she doesn't know yet.

Hi. The names Swen, she extends a hand toward Ramona first, then looks Amed up and down.

The captain said Alinna might have some intelligence on our potential customer, she says in a professional tone, I say we stop in at the Chalice for a brief chat with her first.


Male Suli| HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +1 Magus (eldritch scion)/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Eldritch Pool 8/8

Not fully awake and aware yet, Amed notices the discerning look given by Swen. The magus snaps his fingers and cast prestidigitation on himself, magically styling his hair, whiting his teeth, and refreshing his body with the slight smell of mint and pine.
"Yes, last night was a bit of a ruckus. My name is Amed Alsaakhib-Alraed. Pleased to make the acquaintances of my new Team Grey members", spoke the magus with an endearing smile.


AC 14, T 14, FF 11 | hp 7/7 Fort +0 (+2 vs. poison (+4 vs. accidently poisoning yourself)), Ref +3, Will +4 Female dread gnome sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 1 N Small humanoid Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6

"Nice to meet you. I'm Tush." The gnome waves in greeting to the three others she hadn't met. "I think we should get all the information we can get before we head out. For warned is four armed as my Great Uncle used to say. I don't know why you would want four arms but that's always what he said."


"Ramona, pleasure to meet you all." the quiet woman says with a nod.


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

Nicenzia unfolds her umbrella as they get outside shading her eyes in a dark shadow and looks for where Swen said she would meet them. "Name's Nicenzia, I support we should know as much as we can before going into this business. If Alinna has something for us it's worth going that way before heading to the Black Dragon."


At somepoint and hopefully sooner than later I will have a map of sorts for compound... Alinna's tavern the Silver Chalice is well... built right outside the eastern walls.. so its a 2 to 3 minute walk? outside the gates? Will post for her in the momrning sometime, end of the month paperwork and all

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen give a snort when Amed magically grooms himself. There doesn't seem to be any objection to visiting with Alinna, so Swen heads in that direction.


AC 14, T 14, FF 11 | hp 7/7 Fort +0 (+2 vs. poison (+4 vs. accidently poisoning yourself)), Ref +3, Will +4 Female dread gnome sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 1 N Small humanoid Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6

Tush hurries along with her team as they head to speak with Alinna.


The common room of the Silver Chalice looks much as it did last night, albeit a bit cleaner. There are a few tradesfolk in the place sitting in front of a bowl of morning stew in most cases none looking at all that talkative.

The person you are looking for in questions is sitting behind the bar a large leather book in front of her. She appears to be deep in numbers and accounting.

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

On the way, Swen slows her pace a bit and properly greets Tush.

Morning Tush. Ready for some excitement today?

She takes a look at the other members of the group and wonders who among them would make the best negotiator.

When they reach the tavern, Swen removes her hood but hangs back, letting anyone more comfortable with people do the talking first.


Male Suli| HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +1 Magus (eldritch scion)/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Eldritch Pool 8/8

Amed smiled. "Tush is a good name. It brings back fond memories."
------
Amed walks up to the attractive half-elf with a courtly bow. "Greetings Madam Moondale, if we could have a moment of your time, I, along with the rest of Team Grey, was wondering if you could shed some light on the Jemar from Macridi and the mission he wishes the Silver Shields to accomplish for him."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

"Would be good with some exciement. BY the way do any of you have a good way around people? I'm more talented as a lier." Nicenzia asks as they are on thier way to the tavern.


Male Suli| HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +1 Magus (eldritch scion)/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Eldritch Pool 8/8
Nicenzia Immortuos wrote:
"Would be good with some exciement. BY the way do any of you have a good way around people? I'm more talented as a lier." Nicenzia asks as they are on thier way to the tavern.

"I've found it is easier to to ask for forgiveness than lie about the transgression", Amed smiled and nodded to Nicenzia. "But, yes, I have an knack of making new friends while placating old friends."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen raises a brow at Nicenzia's statement. You mean you AREN'T a dhampir? she asks, her sarcasm hardly veiled. She follows with some advice A good liar doesn't tell people she's a good liar.

Swen watches Alinna attentively as Amed goes to work, slimy bastard better not try and pull any of that crap on me.

sense motive on Alinna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

"But what makes you think I'm telling the truth now Swen? Maybe I just don't like to talk with others?" She smiles before adding "That's aside I wanted to at least let you know where my talents were if we needed them later, it wouldn't help I'm sent in to do diplomacy, and I don't have a knack for that sort of things. Although that could end in some delightful troubles, I doubt the shields will look fondly on that kind of attention." Nicenzia says with a wink towards Swen.


Nicenzia Immortuos wrote:
"Would be good with some exciement. BY the way do any of you have a good way around people? I'm more talented as a lier." Nicenzia asks as they are on thier way to the tavern.

"I tend to be better at putting th fear o' the gods into people myself." Ramona says with a grin.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen also raises an eyebrow at Ramona's statement as she evaluates the mysterious woman. She sure is... intimidating... and there's something about that that appeals to Swen.

Ramona looks like she's seen some action. Swen herself has never had to take someone's life, and she wonders if today will be her first. She wonders if she'll be able to go through with it.

"That's an interesting, uh, weapon," she says, nodding to the pistol in it's holster, "How does it... How does it work?"


"Quick answer ...you point this end at the unlucky bastard you want dead." she says tapping the end of her holstered pistol. "I'll be happy to show you more about it sometime if you're interested."


rolls:
sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Without looking up from her bookwork she began to slyly smirk.

"Indeed I may have heard such things good man, tell me, what does this have to do with me?"

Swens sense motive:
You get the sense she is amused by the interuption... but that it is an interuption. If she is involved in a rogues work, a bribery of sorts may be more helpful than idle chatter..
unless you have some juicy secrets to trade of course

The Exchange

Female Kayal URogue (Shadow Walker) 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 18/18 | F +2 R +6 W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +7 (Darkvision 70ft)

Swen offers a quick smile in response to Ramona, Maybe you'll get to show us all today.

She returns to studying Alinna in her conversation with Amed. How does she respond to his charm? How cooperative is she in providing intel for the Shields? Does she seem to be holding anything back?

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Swen deftly slips some coin from pouch to palm and moves up to behind Amed, deciding to amuse him and let him have another go at it before she has to spend any of her remaining gold on the intel.

boy i sure hope i can keep the random number gods happy


Swen:
You get the feeling that her coyness has entirely to do with Amed. It is probably not the first time some man has tried to how did you put it, slimily seek information from her. So she isnt so much as being difficult to your folk for the sake of being difficult, but more to toy with him.


Male Suli| HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +1 Magus (eldritch scion)/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Eldritch Pool 8/8

"Because as one of the bar matrons of The Silver Chalice, one of the most popular taverns in the city, you constantly have your ear to the comming and goings of visitor both far and near. Or, at least that is how your reputation precedes", Amed spoke in his playful accent.
"Of course, if what I heard was wrong, I deeply apologize for disturbing you." The magus bows and turns as if to leave.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"One of? you are aware that I own this place right?"

She began her tone heightened making it sound like she had taken offense.... she let it hold a moment more before she couldnt help but grin.

"Listen, you seem a nice enough lad. If you are looking to try and woo me, you start with bringing flowers or silks or candies or something. If you are looking to do business with me, you start with spending coin... but you folks are the new blood am I correct? I throw in what I know for free... just remember next time the right way."

She began shooting the girls behind Amed a quick conspiratorial wink.

"I honestly dont know much, the groups he has hired has been no more than three men and they head out south down the profit's flow. A few of the small teams stopped for pickaxes and other mining gear so i think they were sent, by my guess, to some of the old mines south in the mountains. Now there are not any dwarven settlements there so I would imagine what ever they were sent to dig up wasnt precious gems or metal... or there would be dwarves."

She said sweetly with a smile and a wink for Amed.


Dhampir Sorcerer | HP 15/15 | Init 4 | AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 |
Skills:
Bluff +11, arcana +7, spellcraft +7, use magic device +9

Having been a little distracted becuase of the sun "My apologies Alinna, I'll make sure to drop a few coins off after the mission as thanks." She says getting interrested about the info they get. "I wonder what kind of things they are going to dig after since even the drarves ain't interrested in the place. I hope it's nothing dangerous, but I guess only he can tell us what we are about to be digging after."

She turns back to Alinna "Once again I thank you for the infomation."


Male Suli| HP: 16/16 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +1 Magus (eldritch scion)/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Eldritch Pool 8/8

"Wooing you, madam", says Amed, taking a slight step back, "the lady presumes much. I was just inquiring to get your keen insight into a situation."
"But silks and candies, eh", the suli continues coyly, "I'll keep it in mind. For next time."
Amed gives another courtly bow. "Thank you for your council, dear lady."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

1 to 50 of 1,315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Silver Shields return - Group Grey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.