The Hunt (Inactive)

Game Master Jiggy

Current location: Wilderness, in the forest
Day 4 (mid-morning)
Weather: Sunny and very warm


51 to 61 of 61 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Human Mythic Loiterer

I totally knew that about damage. Just wasn't thinking, I guess

I take another swat at it, getting a bit uneasy at the amount of damage I've take from it so far.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


You swat the beast again and it hisses at you, but notices its other piece of prey trying to get away and spits a web at it in an attempt to keep it in place while it deals with you.

Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The web sticks to a tree instead!

You're up!


Male Human Mythic Loiterer

I plant my feet and swing at it again, hoping to wallop it hard enough to put it down this time.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


You take another swing at the creature, and though you miss, it decides it can't afford to ignore you anymore.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Confirmation Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

The monster lays into you, hard!

You're up!


Male Human Magus 3/ Init +2/ BAB +2/ HP 1/ AC 16/Tch 12/FF 14 , FORT +6, REFL +4, WILL +5 /Perception +4, Sense Motive +3

Growing desperate, I take a 5 foot step back and cast Magic Missile.

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 3 = 6


Wow. Well, it's actually only two missiles at CL3, so that at least gives us an excuse to re-roll it:
Magic missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7

The monster screeches in pain as your bolts of force slam into it! It responds by trying to entangle you so you'll be easier to deal with:

Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
You are now webbed, and thus entangled.

The web spreads across you, tangling you in sticky fibers!

You're up! Also, remember to keep your HP up to date in that stat line under your name.
Monster damage tracker: 16


Male Human Magus 3/ Init +2/ BAB +2/ HP 1/ AC 16/Tch 12/FF 14 , FORT +6, REFL +4, WILL +5 /Perception +4, Sense Motive +3

I've been keeping up. I'm a pretty concerned by the HP loss...lol. I'm down to 1 HP. And sorry about the mistake on the Magic Missile. I knew what I was supposed to actually roll, but I don't think as clearly as I once did.

Desperate and hampered by the webbing, I swing my morningstar for what may be the last time.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9, Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


It's important to keep your HP clearly updated, for both the GM and other players to be able to see at a glance. If you were in a party with a cleric, they'd look at your last post, see "HP 29", and think "He'll last another couple rounds at least, so I'll just cast spiritual weapon or something."

Your swing goes wide, and the monster comes in for the kill!

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If you're still up, it's your turn.


Male Human Magus 3/ Init +2/ BAB +2/ HP 1/ AC 16/Tch 12/FF 14 , FORT +6, REFL +4, WILL +5 /Perception +4, Sense Motive +3

Ah, I understand now. I'm such noob at this. And common sense things often escape my trains of thought anymore.

I'm down, at -6 HP.

Can I try to stabilize or do I need to wait until the next round?


Male Human Magus 3/ Init +2/ BAB +2/ HP 1/ AC 16/Tch 12/FF 14 , FORT +6, REFL +4, WILL +5 /Perception +4, Sense Motive +3

Still confused about how many hp I'm supposed to have because of my fuzzy thinking skills. I think I had 24 to begin with, so I think I'm still down. I no longer even know. I'm sorry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Your world fades to black. As you awaken, you see that you are somewhere unworldly, standing (or rather, floating) in a long queue of people, at the front of which a terrifying lady sits on a throne made of bones. Clearly this must be Pharasma, and you are in line to be judged.

You turn your head in a direction that you instinctively feel is toward where you died, and you see Rosie near your body, stomping in the face of the creature that killed you. With the creature already wounded by your own attacks, she was able to finish it off, and then came to nudge you awake. Though you're saddened to be unable to answer her, you feel a comfort that you probably have nothing to fear when you reach the front of the line.

51 to 61 of 61 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Jiggy's The Hunt Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.