The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


76,951 to 77,000 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | 1539 | 1540 | 1541 | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | next > last >>

M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock
narrator wrote:
Mithros Phoebus wrote:
After he's done talking to Jessa, Mithros flies to the firebird camp, and seeks out his parents, then seeing the gathering asks about what's happened...
His mother pulls him aside to where he can see, but not obviously be seen. "You probably shouldn't be here, but as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, it should be fine. There's still several people who are feeling resentful about the last time you interrupted a council meeting," she said dryly. "It's been hours of pointless arguments so far. But the the Elders showed up. None of us expected that. They usually stay clear of politics, a game for the young and so on. But that woman up there claims to be the daughter of Avatar Voltair and is basically scolding all of us like we're children," she said in a hushed whisper, grimacing at the necessity of such scolding.

Mithros nods, seeing the wisdom in her words. He looks as though he is about to ask her a question, then much to her probable surprise, he instead says nothing in response, and merely watches.


Male Elf Slayer 16

"Your little brother is intelligent, then. It generally takes decades of hardship to learn that truth." Djalos pauses. "Shouldn't Adon be back by now?" Another pause. "The interior of Avalon is largely composed of magic, is it not?"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran barked out a laugh. "Yeah, that definitely sounds like Keme's handiwork," he agreed. "I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, it's just a party. As long as nobody takes a drunken swing at the wrong person and no otherworldly invaders show up, it won't be a problem. And it's not an Avalon party, so it's probably just the first one that you'll have to worry about."

"That will be an unusual change of pace if that is true. Then I would just need to worry about whether this event requires formal dress or not. And perhaps the customs of this particular nation..." Fei adds as an almost bemused afterthought.


Adon Derro wrote:

adon eventuslly starts making his way back into the library toward the group. The arrows flicker and falter as he tries to find his way, and he ends up lost. Eventually he sees his room, and slips into it for a moment, hunting for gloves. Perhaps that would help, so that his antimagic didn't have to touch the walls when he was touching them for direction. He wanders in, and his room looks diffrerent, to say the least. The room had melted into a horrible almagam of envorment to try and provide a "correct" environment for adon's "race", and failed horribly. Adon's eye twitched, and he once again silently thanked the fact that he didn't have tear ducts ever since the static ate his eyes. After all, can't be crying in front of friends. He starts rummaging about, but wherever he touched in his room destabilized more, until the room was a shifting mess of static with occasional flickers of envorment sheer and there. Eventually, he manages to find a closet, and takes out cloth, binds up his arms and hands, and takes a moment to try and regain his composure, looking around the writhing room.

"... And this is what they want me to call home. I guess I don't really get much of a choice. Sooner or later..."
adon shakes his head, steps out of his room, and walks away, touching the wall again, the arrows more stable this time. And as he walks away, unbeknown to him, the door itself flickers and fades, as if his room was never there in the first place.

It may not be discovered for the rest of the day, but the next time Adon attempts to find his room, it's a physical room with basic furniture, magically summoned, but not magically maintained or part of the overall magical confines of the school. Instead it's a single physical room in a constant space on the school grounds. The way to find it may sometimes be longer or shorter as the rest of the school still changes, but it stays firmly placed and unchanging.

Adon's previously lost personal affects are scattered in the room along with several other things lost in previously deleted rooms, most having been left behind when students graduated.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave floats by eating a trail of eclairs "ok fair enough"

"Ok, so as far as getting your watch goes, we need ritual supplies, the mythril case, and the insides. The insides can just be normal watch stuff. I know a really cool custom jewelry store that specializes in enchantable stuff. And if we get the mechanism first, they can do a case to fit it. The ritual stuff we can get anywhere, but I think I know where we can get a good price."


Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:


Lang acted as though he was oblivious to the "correction" in fact he merely addresses Phadedra's latest request.

you have nothing to apologize for. part of being friends is looking past our differences and finding the things that we have in common.

I would love to go with you guys. I really had nothing planned. anything you had in mind? he asks.

"Do you know how to play firekeeper*?" she asked eagerly...and then frowned. "Oh, wait, that would be hard to play without wings...well, maybe we can try playing it on the ground?"

Lang first has a confused look, not initially recognizing the game. but after a moment he recalls something, Its been a long time, I think I remember that game. I never was really good at that game. but I would love to play.

Oh and yes I can fly, maybe not as good as you guys but I can manage.

Cindra smiles warmly, "It has been a long time since I played firekeeper. This should be fun!"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
narrator wrote:

The lads suggest a game that involves having to balance a small toy on a stick and whoever dropped it on their turn had to take a drink. It was a deceptively simple game and the group were nudging each other - painfully due to the excessively spiked clothing - to express their mirth at how they were gonna pull one over on these poor idiots.

The blue-haired one offered to go first, just to show them how it was done, and then he handed it off to Jasper to try.

Jasper takes it and holds it as best he can

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
wobbling dangerously before he manages to pass it off to Andromeda, just barely.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Mithros Phoebus wrote:

"Umm...nice to meet you Ace, and thanks Ginni. Say hi to Rae for me."

Mithros gets up and follows after Jessa.
"Wait! You don't have to leave, I have to go check in at the refugee camp anyway. Please don't worry about rambling or being awkward. I understand you've been through a lot and this is new. Don't stress on my account, please. I'll meet up with you later, and we can decide what we'll do then, ok?"

Sorry, it has been hard keeping up with games the last few days. Hope you don't mind juggling two places in the timeline at once. ;)

Before Mithros leaves:

Jessa stumbles slightly as she is walking hurriedly away, and when she turns to face Mithros her expression and bearing are those of a completely different person, and her eyes have gone totally a vivid violet color. She sneers at Mithros in a rather unpleasant and cruel way, "Look, Loverboy. It is easy to say 'don't worry about rambling or being awkward' but entirely another to simply not worry. Jessa has very little experience with boys, but she seems to like you for some reason I cannot fathom. But I like it when she is happy. So. Let her feel awkward when she does. Let her have some space when she feels like she needs it enough to hurry away like this. The best way you can help Jessa feel like she need not 'worry about rambling or being awkward' is to not make a big production out of those occasions when she does worry about it. Oh, and you can refer to me as 'Jessica' if your mind is so weak that you must have a different name for me.

Her fingers lengthen into vicious claws that gleam like polished chitin. She raises one taloned finger to point at Mithros, and her voice is all honeyed threat, "And Loverboy, if you hurt her, you and I are going to go around the woodshed a few more times, inhibitor circuit or no. This time without the big fancy machine to protect you, is that clear? Good."

Then her face relaxes into a blank mask, the violet fades from her eyes, and after blinking rapidly for a moment Jessa is looking out at Mithros once more. A look of confusion passes over her features until she sees her hands, then it changes to one of near panic and she shakes her hands as if trying to shake something off of them. Instead, her fingers change back into normal human hands, "Oh no! What did she say? Did she hurt you? Why am I not in the white place? I am supposed to go there when she comes out that far. Are you okay? I don't see any blood... What did she say?" Once her hands are normal again, she steps closer to Mithros and tugs at his arm to turn him, searching for some injury.


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock

Backtracking just a bit then...
As Jessica is rebuking him, he simply raises his hands in a kind of surrender, and takes a step back.
"New for me to. Understood."
When she mentions the mech, his face blanches a bit.

When she seems to come to...
"No, you didn't hurt me, I'm fine. She simply asked me not to press. It's ok, really. It will take more than that to scare me away." he says smiling, and patting her hand on his arm.
"I need to head out and see what's going on at home, so I'll see you later, ok?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave floats by eating a trail of eclairs "ok fair enough"
"Ok, so as far as getting your watch goes, we need ritual supplies, the mythril case, and the insides. The insides can just be normal watch stuff. I know a really cool custom jewelry store that specializes in enchantable stuff. And if we get the mechanism first, they can do a case to fit it. The ritual stuff we can get anywhere, but I think I know where we can get a good price."

"I have some ritual materials already, but probably not everything we'll need, So, mechanism first, need to find out if it'd be easier and cheeper to just buy the mechanism completed or to bring raw materials and get someone to melt it down"


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Mithros Phoebus wrote:

Backtracking just a bit then...

As Jessica is rebuking him, he simply raises his hands in a kind of surrender, and takes a step back.
"New for me to. Understood."
When she mentions the mech, his face blanches a bit.

When she seems to come to...
"No, you didn't hurt me, I'm fine. She simply asked me not to press. It's ok, really. It will take more than that to scare me away." he says smiling, and patting her hand on his arm.
"I need to head out and see what's going on at home, so I'll see you later, ok?"

Seeming to realize she was still holding his arm, she blushes brightly and seems as if she will pull away, but she just smiles, "Okay, see you later."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace grins "Wait a sec, are you saying that there's literally *nothing* going on right now? No world ending events, no mysteries that must be solved, nothing at all?. Am I dreaming?" He teases playfully.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
"I have some ritual materials already, but probably not everything we'll need, So, mechanism first, need to find out if it'd be easier and cheeper to just buy the mechanism completed or to bring raw materials and get someone to melt it down"

"Well, the mechanism itself isn't going to be magic. So, we don't need to worry about the watch guts being enchantable. I want to put the pattern for your robe onto the case for a couple reasons. One, it'd be way more complicated to involve it into moving parts since your robe doesn't have any. Two, if something happens to the watch part and it needs to go for repairs, you aren't stuck without your magic."

He nods, happy with himself about how far he'd thought this out.
"So, for the mechanism, can you cast that spell that makes things into better versions of the thing? If you can, we can just get a cheap one and you can make it run better and nicer."
Tybs plucks a donut out of the air and feeds bits of it to the hedgehog in his pocket.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"yes I have that spell, and I have another one that makes it more durable, but why not go for a good one and then hit it with the spell anyway" He frowns at Tybalt's logic regarding not enchanting the inner pieces, but can't directly refute the logic


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
"Your little brother is intelligent, then. It generally takes decades of hardship to learn that truth." Djalos pauses. "Shouldn't Adon be back by now?" Another pause. "The interior of Avalon is largely composed of magic, is it not?"

Sadie swore. "You're right. I didn't even think about it. I'm so used to Adon being able to navigate the school by himself...." She glanced at Dara. "Umm....would you mind looking for him? The arrows might not be able to help you. It's even odds ] if they can locate him or not. But he's going to be somewhere between the cafeteria and the library." She pulled her data pad out of her bag. "Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can locate a technogeek willing to make some kind of mapping program of the school for him so he doesn't continue to have trouble getting around."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran barked out a laugh. "Yeah, that definitely sounds like Keme's handiwork," he agreed. "I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, it's just a party. As long as nobody takes a drunken swing at the wrong person and no otherworldly invaders show up, it won't be a problem. And it's not an Avalon party, so it's probably just the first one that you'll have to worry about."
"That will be an unusual change of pace if that is true. Then I would just need to worry about whether this event requires formal dress or not. And perhaps the customs of this particular nation..." Fei adds as an almost bemused afterthought.

"Yeah, can't help there. I have no idea. But I'm sure there's stuff about Laeren and their customs in the library. This is a big event for them, so there's bound to be stuff specific to this festival as well. That'll be a change of pace as well, knowing the rules ahead of time. We don't usually get that kind of preparation time around here," he joked.


Image
Cindra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:


Lang acted as though he was oblivious to the "correction" in fact he merely addresses Phadedra's latest request.

you have nothing to apologize for. part of being friends is looking past our differences and finding the things that we have in common.

I would love to go with you guys. I really had nothing planned. anything you had in mind? he asks.

"Do you know how to play firekeeper*?" she asked eagerly...and then frowned. "Oh, wait, that would be hard to play without wings...well, maybe we can try playing it on the ground?"

Lang first has a confused look, not initially recognizing the game. but after a moment he recalls something, Its been a long time, I think I remember that game. I never was really good at that game. but I would love to play.

Oh and yes I can fly, maybe not as good as you guys but I can manage.

Cindra smiles warmly, "It has been a long time since I played firekeeper. This should be fun!"

Having gotten agreement from both of them, Phaedra is eager to get outside and play, and hurries to go and get the ball so they can play the game, practically dragging the other two outside in her eagerness. "Okay, so since you said it's been a long time, Lang, let's go over the rules of the game. One person starts out with the ball and that person is it. You have to keep the ball in the air without using your claws....errr....since you don't change into a bird, we'll say without using your hands. The goal is to force one of the other players to catch the ball. If you can do that, you get a point and that person becomes it. The other players are trying to get you to drop the ball, because if you can make whoever is it drop the ball, then you get a point. And whoever has the most points at the end wins. Any questions?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
narrator wrote:

The lads suggest a game that involves having to balance a small toy on a stick and whoever dropped it on their turn had to take a drink. It was a deceptively simple game and the group were nudging each other - painfully due to the excessively spiked clothing - to express their mirth at how they were gonna pull one over on these poor idiots.

The blue-haired one offered to go first, just to show them how it was done, and then he handed it off to Jasper to try.

Jasper takes it and holds it as best he can

1d20+2
wobbling dangerously before he manages to pass it off to Andromeda, just barely.

Andromeda takes it and it seems like she has it, but then the toy wobbles and falls. She pouts. "Oh! That's harder than it looks!" she complains as she takes the flask to take another shot and then coughs and giggles.

The orange haired one went next, almost dropping the toy as he was too busy laughing and leering at An. The green mohawk kid did drop the toy and had to take a drink to the jeers of his comrades.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Ardiente follows the instructions closely, but botches cracking the eggs a few times. He smiles a bit sheepishly "You're right, this is way harder than it looks."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Yeah, can't help there. I have no idea. But I'm sure there's stuff about Laeren and their customs in the library. This is a big event for them, so there's bound to be stuff specific to this festival as well. That'll be a change of pace as well, knowing the rules ahead of time. We don't usually get that kind of preparation time around here," he joked.

The young monk nods in agreement.

"Then I can actually behave like a student again, at least for a little bit," he replies in good spirit. "I suppose I should get to it then. If I do not see you before I leave, may your day be bright," he says with a respectful bow. "And may any ensuing excitement be of your choosing." (^-^)


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Ardiente follows the instructions closely, but botches cracking the eggs a few times. He smiles a bit sheepishly "You're right, this is way harder than it looks."

Raelle is making funny faces as she tries so hard not to freak out as Chara picks the eggshells out of the batter. "It's fine," she said through clenched teeth, attempting to smile. "Everyone has to start somewhere."


Image
Raelle del Sol wrote:
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Ardiente follows the instructions closely, but botches cracking the eggs a few times. He smiles a bit sheepishly "You're right, this is way harder than it looks."
Raelle is making funny faces as she tries so hard not to freak out as Chara picks the eggshells out of the batter. "It's fine," she said through clenched teeth, attempting to smile. "Everyone has to start somewhere."

"We have to let her 'fix' it before we actually bake the cookies, or her brain might implode," Ignace said, rolling her eyes as she stepped aside to let Raelle have access to the bowl.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Ignace del Sol wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Ardiente follows the instructions closely, but botches cracking the eggs a few times. He smiles a bit sheepishly "You're right, this is way harder than it looks."
Raelle is making funny faces as she tries so hard not to freak out as Chara picks the eggshells out of the batter. "It's fine," she said through clenched teeth, attempting to smile. "Everyone has to start somewhere."
"We have to let her 'fix' it before we actually bake the cookies, or her brain might implode," Ignace said, rolling her eyes as she stepped aside to let Raelle have access to the bowl.

Raelle gave a forced laugh. "Don't be silly. I'm not that uptight! It's just....it's just...." And that's when her self control broke. "It's just that it needs 3 more grams of flour and another quarter teaspoon of baking soda and an eighth of a cup more chocolate chips," she muttered as she started adding ingredients to make the ratios right for the mathematically perfect balance.

Well, everyone has character flaws....and you just can't hide them from your SO forever.....:P


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Yeah, can't help there. I have no idea. But I'm sure there's stuff about Laeren and their customs in the library. This is a big event for them, so there's bound to be stuff specific to this festival as well. That'll be a change of pace as well, knowing the rules ahead of time. We don't usually get that kind of preparation time around here," he joked.

The young monk nods in agreement.

"Then I can actually behave like a student again, at least for a little bit," he replies in good spirit. "I suppose I should get to it then. If I do not see you before I leave, may your day be bright," he says with a respectful bow. "And may any ensuing excitement be of your choosing." (^-^)

"Same to you," Jeran said with a wave as he walked away, trying to decide what he was going to do with the rest of his day.


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace grins "Wait a sec, are you saying that there's literally *nothing* going on right now? No world ending events, no mysteries that must be solved, nothing at all?. Am I dreaming?" He teases playfully.

Ginni laughed. "I know, right? It doesn't happen often. Guess we should enjoy it while it lasts. Anytime we could be interrupted by some unspeakable crisis. Like homework," she joked back.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Same to you," Jeran said with a wave as he walked away, trying to decide what he was going to do with the rest of his day.

Silently offering up a quick prayer that his stoic friend's day is peaceful and joyous, Fei turns back toward the Cafeteria. As politely as he did earlier, he wends his way through the latest wave of breakfast crowd.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Djalos Tyon wrote:
"Your little brother is intelligent, then. It generally takes decades of hardship to learn that truth." Djalos pauses. "Shouldn't Adon be back by now?" Another pause. "The interior of Avalon is largely composed of magic, is it not?"
Sadie swore. "You're right. I didn't even think about it. I'm so used to Adon being able to navigate the school by himself...." She glanced at Dara. "Umm....would you mind looking for him? The arrows might not be able to help you. It's even odds ] if they can locate him or not. But he's going to be somewhere between the cafeteria and the library." She pulled her data pad out of her bag. "Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can locate a technogeek willing to make some kind of mapping program of the school for him so he doesn't continue to have trouble getting around."

adon walks up shortly after. He doesn't seem to make any noise when he walks, at all.

"I'm fine."
he shows the three his bound arms.
"Covering my hands prevents me from having to directly touch the walls for directions, and it doesn't seem my aura is strong enough to cause a breakdown in... Most places."


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Djalos Tyon wrote:
"Your little brother is intelligent, then. It generally takes decades of hardship to learn that truth." Djalos pauses. "Shouldn't Adon be back by now?" Another pause. "The interior of Avalon is largely composed of magic, is it not?"
Sadie swore. "You're right. I didn't even think about it. I'm so used to Adon being able to navigate the school by himself...." She glanced at Dara. "Umm....would you mind looking for him? The arrows might not be able to help you. It's even odds ] if they can locate him or not. But he's going to be somewhere between the cafeteria and the library." She pulled her data pad out of her bag. "Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can locate a technogeek willing to make some kind of mapping program of the school for him so he doesn't continue to have trouble getting around."

adon walks up shortly after. He doesn't seem to make any noise when he walks, at all.

"I'm fine."
he shows the three his bound arms.
"Covering my hands prevents me from having to directly touch the walls for directions, and it doesn't seem my aura is strong enough to cause a breakdown in... Most places."

"Very resourceful. And I'm really sorry for just leaving you. It never even occurred to me that it might be a problem. But I still think we should see if we can't find a technological solution just in case, so you don't have to worry about being stranded if you don't happen to have gloves or something like that. it doesn't seem like it would be that challenging to make," she said, smiling with relief when she saw that he was there and not stranded in a hallway somewhere.


narrator wrote:


"Who the hell are you?" Lord Soleil demanded with false bravado. But bluster had served him well so far, and he wasn't the sort of person who knew how to change tactics quickly.

The woman looked at him coldly. "Who am I?! I am Eleadora, daughter of Avatar Voltair, and I did not spend the last several centuries of my life keeping that abomination in the sky in working order just to have you hatchlings completely destroy our people through sheer determined ignorance!"

Another of the elders throws back his hood, revealing a large, hulking man with a shaved head and an impressive blond mustache. "Now, sister," he says in a booming voice, "you know it was your idea to let the youngsters be in charge of politics."

"That was before I knew how bad at it they were going to be! I would have interfered years ago if those infernal engines hadn't been taking all of my time!"Eleadora retorted.

"Errr.....I ....thought that Elders retired to live in quiet contemplation....pursue spiritual development?" Magmus asked, dredging up all his courage in the face of these rather intense individuals.

"Ha! Tell me another one! Quiet contemplation! Is that what you call it? Try centuries of backbreaking labor! Foolish children! Did you think those old mechanisms ran themselves?! I was rejoicing when you finally came to your senses and abandoned the wretched place. We were going to have to call an evacuation ourselves soon enough if you hadn't done. That satellite was never intended to actually orbit! Do you have any concept of the wreck that was making of the air filtration systems?! the woman called Eleadora demanded.


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos actually seems relieved that Adon is back, considering his small exhalation of breath. That's progress, at least. "I am glad you are well too, Adon. Sadie is right, we need to find some kind of technological solution to your problem, otherwise... well, most likely it will get even worse." He pauses. "Our efforts thus far have been... not very fruitful, other than the initial discovery of Emm. Perhaps we should split up to find some of the technological geniuses this school no doubt provides a home to. Although I would recommend that you remain with Adon, Sadie, in case his disruption field spikes in power and it starts eating away at the school."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Djalos actually seems relieved that Adon is back, considering his small exhalation of breath. That's progress, at least. "I am glad you are well too, Adon. Sadie is right, we need to find some kind of technological solution to your problem, otherwise... well, most likely it will get even worse." He pauses. "Our efforts thus far have been... not very fruitful, other than the initial discovery of Emm. Perhaps we should split up to find some of the technological geniuses this school no doubt provides a home to. Although I would recommend that you remain with Adon, Sadie, in case his disruption field spikes in power and it starts eating away at the school."

"I can send a message to Vai. She's a tech person. She might be able to do it. If not, she would at least know who to ask for help. Once we know who we're looking for, Djalos, then you can go and talk to them. That will be more efficient than wandering I think. And in the meantime we can keep going through these books and scrolls to see if we can't find any more clues. I mean, if the being isn't actually trying to hurt Adon, it may be more about finding a way to let him function with it. Don't forget that these texts have a bias. Nala said the fey are ancient enemies of whatever Adon is bonded to," Sadie said, while rapidly typing in a message on her datapad.

Vai:
A message will show up for Vai from Sadie as follows: Help please! My friend Adon has an out of control anti magic ability and it's making it hard for him to navigate the school. Would it be possible to put some kind of map program on a data pad for him? His ability shouldn't effect tech and that would let him have some kind of freedom. If this is not something you can do, can you direct me to someone else who can help? Thanks.
Feel free to direct her to Mel or Arthur since either of them should be able to manage this request in their sleep. :P


narrator wrote:


"Errr.....I ....thought that Elders retired to live in quiet contemplation....pursue spiritual development?" Magmus asked, dredging up all his courage in the face of these rather intense individuals.

"Ha! Tell me another one! Quiet contemplation! Is that what you call it? Try centuries of backbreaking labor! Foolish children! Did you think those old mechanisms ran themselves?! I was rejoicing when you finally came to your senses and abandoned the wretched place. We were going to have to call an evacuation ourselves soon enough if you hadn't done. That satellite was never intended to actually orbit! Do you have any concept of the wreck that was making of the air filtration systems?! the woman called Eleadora demanded.

The large man with the mustache winced. "It was an important part of our history, Ellie. I still think that blowing the whole thing up was a bit much."

Eleadora glared at him. "A historically important death trap is still a death trap. Trying to preserve it is foolishness! I have no time for sentimental nonsense! And neither do the rest of you. The temperature in this region is already dropping and we are living in tents! We need to find a more welcoming climate that can accommodate all of our people. Then you can argue about systems of governance and law until you drop, but survival is the first priority!"


Laeren:

This elven kingdom exists in a temperate climate, and of the three elven kingdoms is the one that is the most open to outsiders. They have been at war with the neighboring lycans for centuries, with conflict varying between occasional border skirmishes and all out battles. The current ruler is High Seer Faelwen Denulia. Her position on the council of High Seers gives her a great deal of political influence. In contrast Headmaster Ryo Antairus is the most junior member of the Council and often viewed with suspicion by some of the older council members. High Seer Denulia's children are students at Avalon and she maintains close ties to the school as a result. Faelwen Denulia's husband was killed in one of the many battles with the lycans. This event heightened hostilities between the two groups for years. The current situation is one of watchfulness on both sides with occasional skirmishes as the lycans have been distracted by internal conflicts of late.

The Equinox Festival is an important religious/cultural event for the kingdom, and they have grand celebrations for both the spring and fall festivals, with lesser events marking the summer and winter solstice. (Assume that there is a primer here on exactly how to greet the High Seer and how to bow and so on. Other high ranking officials should be greeted with a respectful nod and the traditional blessing "May the turning of the season bring you joy") The High Seer will preside over a service to open to festival with various clerics being invited to provide blessings. Guests will be set aside in an area where they can observe, but may not participate in this segment of the evening. Once this is over, the remainder of the festival resembles a combination of a ball and a carnival. There is dancing and several performances and general festive chaos.

If there's anything I forgot to include that you want to know, let me know.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
"yes I have that spell, and I have another one that makes it more durable, but why not go for a good one and then hit it with the spell anyway" He frowns at Tybalt's logic regarding not enchanting the inner pieces, but can't directly refute the logic

Tybalt notices his slight disappointment and smirks himself, his body language closing off a little.

"I uh, sorry. Did I do something wrong?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

Andromeda takes it and it seems like she has it, but then the toy wobbles and falls. She pouts. "Oh! That's harder than it looks!" she complains as she takes the flask to take another shot and then coughs and giggles.

The orange haired one went next, almost dropping the toy as he was too busy laughing and leering at An. The green mohawk kid did drop the toy and had to take a drink to the jeers of his comrades.

Jasper takes his round, keeping it for a few seconds until he tries to move it, and overcompensates, knocking it off. He swears and takes his drink.

He's slightly competent at the game, sometimes passing it off, sometimes not, but it doesn't really matter given his incredible tolerance for booze.

We can go ahead and just wrap up, no need for rolls unless you want to. I trust you can wrap it up pretty nicely. :)


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:


Jasper takes his round, keeping it for a few seconds until he tries to move it, and overcompensates, knocking it off. He swears and takes his drink.

He's slightly competent at the game, sometimes passing it off, sometimes not, but it doesn't really matter given his incredible tolerance for booze.

We can go ahead and just wrap up, no need for rolls unless you want to. I trust you can wrap it up pretty nicely. :)

The young punk dwarves are laughing and confident at first, but then as the game goes on, they get more and more clumsy. But their judgment also gets worse, and they're sure the giggly An can't possibly last much longer, and there's no way the four arms one will outlast them. He's not even any good! So they keep going and going and going.

The rolls are just for order. I want to randomize it, since Jasper bet on which order. :)
1=blue, 2=green, 3=orange
1d3 ⇒ 1
The blue-haired one passed out first. His friends laughed at him.
1d2 ⇒ 1
The green mohawk guy passed out next, followed shortly by the one with the orange hair.

An laughed and shook her head. "Well, Jasper, I have to hand it to you, you totally called it. You win the bet. I owe you a favor or something. And we're pulling in to our stop now, too. Good timing," she said cheerfully, lining up to exit the train as it pulled into the station.

The small fey stopped and patted the unconscious boys on the heads. "Silly creatures! Someone should have warned them that the folks who go to Goblintown are not safe. It's just as well they never left the train. They would have gotten into real trouble out there," she cooed, before gesturing for the golem to pick her up.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Djalos actually seems relieved that Adon is back, considering his small exhalation of breath. That's progress, at least. "I am glad you are well too, Adon. Sadie is right, we need to find some kind of technological solution to your problem, otherwise... well, most likely it will get even worse." He pauses. "Our efforts thus far have been... not very fruitful, other than the initial discovery of Emm. Perhaps we should split up to find some of the technological geniuses this school no doubt provides a home to. Although I would recommend that you remain with Adon, Sadie, in case his disruption field spikes in power and it starts eating away at the school."

"I can send a message to Vai. She's a tech person. She might be able to do it. If not, she would at least know who to ask for help. Once we know who we're looking for, Djalos, then you can go and talk to them. That will be more efficient than wandering I think. And in the meantime we can keep going through these books and scrolls to see if we can't find any more clues. I mean, if the being isn't actually trying to hurt Adon, it may be more about finding a way to let him function with it. Don't forget that these texts have a bias. Nala said the fey are ancient enemies of whatever Adon is bonded to," Sadie said, while rapidly typing in a message on her datapad.

** spoiler omitted **

"It doesn't seem to be openly hostile. In fact, when it, uh, was more or less, added, to my head by Nala? It's still kinda unclear what she did to make it so I could sorta let me know what it... Desired? Hard to explain. But it seems downright polite."


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:

"I can send a message to Vai. She's a tech person. She might be able to do it. If not, she would at least know who to ask for help. Once we know who we're looking for, Djalos, then you can go and talk to them. That will be more efficient than wandering I think. And in the meantime we can keep going through these books and scrolls to see if we can't find any more clues. I mean, if the being isn't actually trying to hurt Adon, it may be more about finding a way to let him function with it. Don't forget that these texts have a bias. Nala said the fey are ancient enemies of whatever Adon is bonded to," Sadie said, while rapidly typing in a message on her datapad.

** spoiler omitted **

"It doesn't seem to be openly hostile. In fact, when it, uh, was more or less, added, to my head by Nala? It's still kinda unclear what she did to make it so I could sorta let me know what it... Desired? Hard to explain. But it seems downright polite."

"Right. So we keep gathering information so we know what to do if things get out of hand, and gather as many clues as possible about what it is so that you can understand what you've got riding around in your head. But as long as it's not hurting you or the people around you, then most of what we have to work on is ways to make your life as workable as possible. We don't have to assume that the creature is hostile or bad," she said enthusiastically, as she realized that they had been looking at things all wrong. "Maybe it's not actually the end of the world after all," she said, smiling.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen will walk with Tyrrin to the teleport room.


Image

She twisted and turned in front of the mirror. No matter how she looked at it, she felt like she was looking at a stranger. The dress Ehos had picked out for her made her look sophisticated and elegant. Not usually the adjectives that came to mind where she was concerned. And thanks to Tyrrin's help her hair was pinned up into a feminine style with an enameled floral barrette and several tiny sparkly pins made to look like flowers. There had been a bit of a battle with those because Tyrrin kept pinching her ears, and she needed to keep range of motion there or she'd feel even more insecure. She took a deep breath and smoothed the dress. The side slits were high, so she'd had to abandon her plans to hide her weapons under her skirt. She'd have to rely on her unarmed combat skills if things went wrong. She adjusted the annoyingly heavy bracelet on her left wrist. This was the item that she'd asked the High Seer for. Hopefully Ehos wouldn't be too suspicious of it. She didn't want to lie to him. But she couldn't tell him everything either with that demon still having access to his mind. She was as prepared as she was going to be. With reluctance she put on the impractical shoes. They sparkled. And they had heels, which felt beyond awkward. The only thing in their favor was how quickly they could be kicked off.

She felt a puff of air as the door opened, although it was completely silent. She turned, smiling, to see Ehos standing there. She felt herself blush a little. He looked so handsome in his formal clothes. Well, he always looked handsome. That was sometimes the problem. Like last night. They were supposed to be cooling things off a little physically, to work on their relationship. But truth be told, neither of them was particularly good at abstinence. Ehos grinned at her in a way that made her blush even more. He held up his data pad. 'You look beautiful.'

She cautiously closed the distance between them, trying to not fall over from her shoes. "I'm really nervous," she admitted.
He felt a little bit of guilt for asking her to do this, but he set that aside. They'd agreed on this together after all. He pulled her close and nuzzled her neck, holding up the pad so she could see his words, 'You'll be great. You faced down my mom. The rest of them should be a piece of cake,' he joked, trying to put her at ease.
Jaiye laughed and shook her head. "I really do love you, you know. Enough to walk into a large gathering of my ancestral enemies unarmed and wearing heels no less," she joked back and felt the familiar butterflies in her stomach feeling when his eyes crinkled with laughter. "Come on," she said, reluctantly pulling away, grabbing his hand to pull him after her. "We'd better get going before Tyrrin sends a search party after us."


Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Ghalen will walk with Tyrrin to the teleport room.

Tyrrin seems especially tense and keyed up, but not very talkative. She walks at a very fast pace and when they appear to be the first ones to arrive at the teleport room, starts pacing around it. "Where are they? I told them what time to be here. We cannot be late," she snapped.


narrator wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

If there's anything I forgot to include that you want to know, let me know.

I've got two questions that I forgot to ask earlier today (=^-^=):

1. Which Equinox Festival is this? Vernal or Autumnal? (I'm pretty sure we're still in the fall of the new school year, but I just don't remember for certain anymore)

2. Are there certain wardrobe choices/colors/affectations that are considered 'taboo' at each Festival? (i.e. Wearing green to the Autumnal Equinox Festival, or fall tones to the Vernal)


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
narrator wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Ghalen will walk with Tyrrin to the teleport room.
Tyrrin seems especially tense and keyed up, but not very talkative. She walks at a very fast pace and when they appear to be the first ones to arrive at the teleport room, starts pacing around it. "Where are they? I told them what time to be here. We cannot be late," she snapped.

Ghalen smirks.

"Jaiye isn't the type to get cold feet, but I'm sure she's nervous. She and your brother are probably just taking a few extra moments to make sure they are ready to face the high Seer."


Imperial Chronicler wrote:
narrator wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

If there's anything I forgot to include that you want to know, let me know.

I've got two questions that I forgot to ask earlier today (=^-^=):

1. Which Equinox Festival is this? Vernal or Autumnal? (I'm pretty sure we're still in the fall of the new school year, but I just don't remember for certain anymore)

2. Are there certain wardrobe choices/colors/affectations that are considered 'taboo' at each Festival? (i.e. Wearing green to the Autumnal Equinox Festival, or fall tones to the Vernal)

This is the Autumnal Equinox Festival. Yes, it is still early fall, beginning of the school year. :)

There are no restricted colors. Generally only children really engage in any theme dressing for this event. For everyone else, it's a fancy dress ball. Elven styles of formalwear tend to be a bit on the revealing side, but that's not a requirement and even among elves more conservative dress is sometimes seen.


Ghalen Kiln wrote:
narrator wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Ghalen will walk with Tyrrin to the teleport room.
Tyrrin seems especially tense and keyed up, but not very talkative. She walks at a very fast pace and when they appear to be the first ones to arrive at the teleport room, starts pacing around it. "Where are they? I told them what time to be here. We cannot be late," she snapped.

Ghalen smirks.

"Jaiye isn't the type to get cold feet, but I'm sure she's nervous. She and your brother are probably just taking a few extra moments to make sure they are ready to face the high Seer."

Tyrrin gave a frustrated sigh. "You're probably right, but being late isn't going to make it any easier."

"And she better not mess up her hair during these extra moments. I spent all afternoon on that," she added testily.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

He nods. "I doubt she will. She respects you and your efforts on her behalf."


narrator wrote:

This is the Autumnal Equinox Festival. Yes, it is still early fall, beginning of the school year. :)

There are no restricted colors. Generally only children really engage in any theme dressing for this event. For everyone else, it's a fancy dress ball. Elven styles of formalwear tend to be a bit on the revealing side, but that's not a requirement and even among elves more conservative dress is sometimes seen.

Heh - that last one could be nice and awkward. I should be good to post now, thanks :)


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

Fei had not intended to be this late getting to the teleportation room, but young Dara had been most insistent upon him staying in the Library as long as possible. Given his absences from the school over the last week or so, the young monk could not, in good conscience, deny that. (^-^)

He had hoped to save time by using his ability to teleport to get to the teleport room (as ironic as that sounds), but when he appeared in the hallway outside he could already hear the familiar voice of Tyrrin critiquing the apparent lateness of others supposed to be here as well.

Fei quietly steps into the threshold to the room as Tyrrin and Ghalen are talking, and waits for an appropriate pause in the...conversation.(^-^)

"Hello," his even-toned voice calls out from behind them.

I will have to save his appearance description for later, as I am off to take care of a family errand for the morning. Suffice it to say that Fei is not at all dressed like he usually is. Fortunately, he does 'clean up well', as they say ;)


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Oh yeah, descriptions.
Ghalen sees Fei, and bows. Upon seeing his dress attire, it reminds him to alter the appearance of his robes. He concentrates for a moment, and the clothes begin to shift and swirl with new color, as he now appears in the military dress attire for Laeren, as appropriate for an armsmen in personal service to a member of the royalty, although no visible marks of rank appear, as not to offend anyone there that has earned a rank in Laeren's armed forces. Between the library and personal assistance from 'Thel, he has it right down to the gold leaf stitching. He also alters his raven hair to grow, appearing mid-back in length, with elven side-braids that join under a gold clasp behind his head. His weapon changes to look like an armsman's longsword on his hip.
He leaves enough variance in his attire as to not be a direct copy, but the styles, cuts and colors fit the bill well.

"I hope this style of dress is to your liking, M'Lady." he says to Tyrrin.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

The young punk dwarves are laughing and confident at first, but then as the game goes on, they get more and more clumsy. But their judgment also gets worse, and they're sure the giggly An can't possibly last much longer, and there's no way the four arms one will outlast them. He's not even any good! So they keep going and going and going.

The rolls are just for order. I want to randomize it, since Jasper bet on which order. :)
1=blue, 2=green, 3=orange
1d3
The blue-haired one passed out first. His friends laughed at him.
1d2
The green mohawk guy passed out next, followed shortly by the one with the orange hair.

An laughed and shook her head. "Well, Jasper, I have to hand it to you, you totally called it. You win the bet. I owe you a favor or something. And we're pulling in to our stop now, too. Good timing," she said cheerfully, lining up to exit the train as it pulled into the station.

The small fey stopped and patted the unconscious boys on the heads. "Silly creatures! Someone should have warned them that the folks who go to Goblintown are not safe. It's just as well they never left the train. They would have gotten into real trouble out there," she cooed, before gesturing for the golem to pick her up.

The djinn raises an eyebrow to Andromeda as the first one passes out in the order he gave, the second eyebrow comes up with the second, and as the third falls, he's totally grinning about it.

"Ah, no need to do that. I don't keep debts, plus we didn't put anything on it. We'll save the fun stuff for next time."
Pocketing the rest of the bottle, which had less than a third of it remaining, they make to leave the train. Jasper holds his hand out to help Andromeda across the gap of the tracks, if she chooses to take it.
"Well, given the eventful ride, and the new commentary, I'd say we should be able to find something fun here."

76,951 to 77,000 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | 1539 | 1540 | 1541 | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | 1545 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.