The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


76,901 to 76,950 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1534 | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | 1539 | 1540 | 1541 | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | next > last >>

Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:


""detention"? Regardless. Great news. was getting really sick of always having to deal with this or that. Be a nice break to not have to command people constantly."
"Detention is when you have to spend your free time doing extra, and usually especially unpleasant, work assigned by whichever teacher is in charge. They get really creative about it sometimes too. Sooo.....I guess that you're, like, in charge of a lot where you come from?"

Maya frowns at the thought of being made to do anything.

"Yes. I'm the pharaoh, like i said. I rule by Devine decree. What i says happens. When my parents died, the gods themselves raised me."
"Is that what pharaoh means? I'd never heard that word before, but you used a lot of words I didn't know and I was too embarrassed to ask about all of them," Lyzzie admits with a laugh. "I'm sorry about your parents. That must have been hard. And wow, that must have been pretty weird being raised by gods. Not a lot of arguing about bedtime then, I guess," she joked.
"..., I don't sleep. I just have a spell that lets me stay awake. Instead of sleeping, I go to four to eight hour Devine meetings daily."
Lyzzie looked appalled. "That's awful! You poor thing! Ugh, gods obviously make terrible parents! That is no way to treat a kid! How is your brain supposed to process memories properly if you never sleep?! That's just...well, awful!"

"Keep watch lets me process normally as long as I don't do anything strenuous. And I'm only barely awake during the meetings. So, they're far from strenuous."

she thinks she knows what she's talking about. But she more just doesn't like the idea of being wrong, so she made up the most plausible reason she could find.
"If you say so," Lyzzie says skeptically, clearly not convinced. "But it...

"You seen really adamant about that. I probobly won't, you know."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image
Silinrul wrote:
Sil smiles at the bird "This is Huninn, my spirit animal. Hunnin, this is Asha, my friend. Well, I'm pretty sure we're friends." The bird nods a greeting to Asha.

"Well, as far as I'm aware, we're friends. Potentially with benefits, if that's the right way to say that? I think that's the correct euphemism when you mean you're open to sex, but not wanting a commitment or exclusivity. I'm trying to learn the right phrases because apparently people get uncomfortable when you're too blunt," she said with a nonchalant shrug. "But so far the success rate is pretty bad. Being less direct means people don't understand more. I'm probably messing up the body language or something. Oh, and I won't be offended if you're not interested in that or anything. I know that some people are kinda weird about that stuff outside of a serious relationship. But you can consider it a standing invitation," she said with what she hoped was a flirtatious smile. This sort of thing worked better for Rena. Asha was certain is was because Rena had larger boobs. People tended to stare at them and get the right idea without much prompting. Meanwhile, she was not so well endowed, which was great for gymnastics, but not so great when trying to proposition someone.

She nodded back to the raven as she went back to eating her breakfast. "What's a spirit animal? I'm not really familiar with the concept."


Image
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Ardiente sighs dramatically "I'm so misunderstood." He says, barely containing a grin.

He stands a bit out of the way while the girls get everything set up, though he will offer to help if any of them appear to need an assist.

The girls clearly know what they're doing and the counter is covered with ingredients and tools in no time flat. Raelle gets the oven heating, while Ignace starts the instructions.

"Alright, to start we need two cups of flour," she said bossily. "Chara, show him which measuring cup to use."


Image
Ignace del Sol wrote:
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Ardiente sighs dramatically "I'm so misunderstood." He says, barely containing a grin.

He stands a bit out of the way while the girls get everything set up, though he will offer to help if any of them appear to need an assist.

The girls clearly know what they're doing and the counter is covered with ingredients and tools in no time flat. Raelle gets the oven heating, while Ignace starts the instructions.

"Alright, to start we need two cups of flour," she said bossily. "Chara, show him which measuring cup to use."

Chara handed him a measuring cup and slid the flour container towards him. "Don't worry," she said cheerfully. "It's not hard. Except cracking the eggs. That's pretty hard. And if you get the ratios off, watch out. Then you have to listen to a lecture from Raelle because you messed up the recipe equation."


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Keme Tokala wrote:
Being smaller than the black fox, there wasn't much he could do to stop it, but once again he turns to smoke and reappears a few feet away, turning around to make sure that the black fox saw him before taking off once more.

When he looks back at Alys, Keme can see that he was not so much 'pounced on' as 'run over'; apparently his escape from Serrin put him directly in Alys' path. Alys is picking herself up off the ground and shaking the collision off. Alys growls a challenge at Keme and lights off after him when he runs.


Image
Maya Rego wrote:
"You seen really adamant about that. I probobly won't, you know."

"You're...not used to being given advice, are you?" Lyzzie asks.


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
"You seen really adamant about that. I probobly won't, you know."
"You're...not used to being given advice, are you?" Lyzzie asks.

"No, not really. Orders, rarely."


Image
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
"You seen really adamant about that. I probobly won't, you know."
"You're...not used to being given advice, are you?" Lyzzie asks.
"No, not really. Orders, rarely."

"Well, you'll probably get advice a lot more often here. Orders sure, from teachers. But also advice, which is when someone else shares their opinion and what works for them. You don't have to take it, but you might want to remember it in case you change your mind and decide to try their suggestion later on. That was more advice, by the way. You don't have to listen to any of it, but usually when people give you advice it's because they're trying to be nice to you and help in the best way they know how."

She giggled. "Listen to me! Acting like I know anything about anything! How ridiculous is that! But even someone like me has opinions, and likes to be listened to sometimes."


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
"You seen really adamant about that. I probobly won't, you know."
"You're...not used to being given advice, are you?" Lyzzie asks.
"No, not really. Orders, rarely."
"Well, you'll probably get advice a lot more often here. Orders sure, from teachers. But also advice, which is when someone else shares their opinion and what works for them. You don't have to take it, but you might want to remember it in case you change your mind and decide to try their suggestion later on. That was more advice, by the way. You don't have to listen to any of it, but usually when people give you advice it's because they're trying to be nice to you and help in the best way they know how."

maya raises an eyebrow. She doesn't seem to have anything to say here.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

Ah, right, alright, let's go," she said, heading for the queue for tram 13. This train was considerably less crowded than the one to the Bazaar had been. It's fairly easy to find seats in the mostly empty car, and the other people riding this way all looked a bit strange. There was some sort of sheep person in a trench coat, glaring at everyone suspiciously. The fellow wearing sunglasses indoors, of course. A twitchy goblin carrying a large brown paper bag and drinking from a fast food paper cup. A crumbly clay golem accompanying a tiny winged fairy. And a small group of rowdy adolescent dwarves wearing clothing with too many spikes on.

The tram pulled out of the station and headed off through a tunnel. It appeared that this was going to be the extent of the view for the remainder of the ride.

One of the dwarves swaggered up to Jasper and Andromeda. "What say youse pretty ladies joins us for a drink," he sneered in a tone that screamed trying to pick a fight.

Hehe, "Small" group...

"Interesting crowd, huh? But I guess we're not exactly the most normal either."
When their diminutive heckler approaches, Jasper shrugs and looks to Andromeda.
"I'unno. Could go for a drink."
He leans back, two hands behind his head and two thumbs in his pockets.
"You guys got any schnapps?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

Ah, right, alright, let's go," she said, heading for the queue for tram 13. This train was considerably less crowded than the one to the Bazaar had been. It's fairly easy to find seats in the mostly empty car, and the other people riding this way all looked a bit strange. There was some sort of sheep person in a trench coat, glaring at everyone suspiciously. The fellow wearing sunglasses indoors, of course. A twitchy goblin carrying a large brown paper bag and drinking from a fast food paper cup. A crumbly clay golem accompanying a tiny winged fairy. And a small group of rowdy adolescent dwarves wearing clothing with too many spikes on.

The tram pulled out of the station and headed off through a tunnel. It appeared that this was going to be the extent of the view for the remainder of the ride.

One of the dwarves swaggered up to Jasper and Andromeda. "What say youse pretty ladies joins us for a drink," he sneered in a tone that screamed trying to pick a fight.

Hehe, "Small" group...

"Interesting crowd, huh? But I guess we're not exactly the most normal either."
When their diminutive heckler approaches, Jasper shrugs and looks to Andromeda.
"I'unno. Could go for a drink."
He leans back, two hands behind his head and two thumbs in his pockets.
"You guys got any schnapps?"

Gotta love it when the puns are appreciated. ^.^

"Errrr...." the dwarf boy looked a bit nonplussed. "Not sure I know what schnapps are. We've, uh, got some firewhiskey and I think Rotter has some beer..."

"Ooh," Andromeda cut in, "definitely the firewhiskey. I don't care for the flavor of beer."

"Errr....okay....I'll just....be right back...." he scurried back to the rest of his group who immediately huddled together for a rapid whispered conference.

Andromeda giggled. ::I don't know about djinns, but dragons can't get drunk. My brother tried it once and the best he managed was drunkish for like ten minutes. And that was definitely stronger stuff than these guys have,:: she said telepathically, not wanting to let on to the troublemaking lads that they were in over their heads.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel lowers the teddy bear (and her guard) at Morrivan's comment huh? hey your right! never realized that before. Are we caught in some dimensional rift? maybe that leak from the vortex didn't close right.

Mel looks about a little confused but the "gears in her head" are turning as she tries to find some scientific explanation.


male human monk 16
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Cindra Svarog wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Cindra Svarog wrote:


Cindra smiles at the younger girl, real affection showing, "Sure, we can play outside. As long as we stay on school grounds."

"Can Lang come too? I mean, if he wants to. You did say you wanted to be friends, and I'm fairly certain that requires spending time sharing activities," she said primly, addressing Lang.
Cindra nods in agreement, "Of course Lang can come if he wishes to do so. But perhaps you should also ask if he has any activities planned today that you might share with him. Sharing must go both ways." She winks at Phaedra to take the pedantic sting out of what she said.
Phaedra's face twisted in a grimace and she gripped her hands tightly in her lap. She didn't like being corrected on her etiquette, but it was a familiar experience. "I apologize, Lang. I should have asked you your plans first. Do you have anything planned for today?" she asked stiffly.

Lang acted as though he was oblivious to the "correction" in fact he merely addresses Phadedra's latest request.

you have nothing to apologize for. part of being friends is looking past our differences and finding the things that we have in common.

I would love to go with you guys. I really had nothing planned. anything you had in mind? he asks.


Baboon

Sun smiles at the progress being made.

If you will forgive me but I have some important spirit world stuff I gotta take care of.

with that Sun politely excuses himself and heads outside.

Once outside he finds a quiet, out of the way spot and soon is in statue form.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Let's have the invite ding across his messages about now, since I imagine his lace would forward anything sent to his student account.

I would think so too, aye.

As you say, so shall it be done :)

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran laughed. "Well, if that works as well for you as it does for me, then we're in trouble already," he joked.

The young monk bows his head as if in defeat, but Jeran can see the smile on Fei's face ruining the illusion. "I know," he replies as he shakes his head....then suddenly tilts it to the side. After a few seconds, he blinks and bows apologetically to his friend.

"My apologies for...that momentary distraction. It seems my neural lace can retrieve my student mail for me, and has just forwarded several dozen messages for my review."

"Do you have any knowledge of a regional event called an 'Equinox Festival?"


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel lowers the teddy bear (and her guard) at Morrivan's comment huh? hey your right! never realized that before. Are we caught in some dimensional rift? maybe that leak from the vortex didn't close right.

Mel looks about a little confused but the "gears in her head" are turning as she tries to find some scientific explanation.

"Uh, I don't think so? I mean, things are definitely not very tossed about. Other than Ginni's habit of not making her bed, Tami's habit of leaving her clothes laying around, and the pillows we've been tossing around. I think dimensional rifts would be a little more....messy I guess. Not that I really know anything about them," she said, looking around the room. "I bet the school just rearranged the room while we were asleep. Decided we'd all be happier in a bigger dormitory kind of thing. You know how it gets when it's feeling helpful."


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Cindra Svarog wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Cindra Svarog wrote:


Cindra smiles at the younger girl, real affection showing, "Sure, we can play outside. As long as we stay on school grounds."

"Can Lang come too? I mean, if he wants to. You did say you wanted to be friends, and I'm fairly certain that requires spending time sharing activities," she said primly, addressing Lang.
Cindra nods in agreement, "Of course Lang can come if he wishes to do so. But perhaps you should also ask if he has any activities planned today that you might share with him. Sharing must go both ways." She winks at Phaedra to take the pedantic sting out of what she said.
Phaedra's face twisted in a grimace and she gripped her hands tightly in her lap. She didn't like being corrected on her etiquette, but it was a familiar experience. "I apologize, Lang. I should have asked you your plans first. Do you have anything planned for today?" she asked stiffly.

Lang acted as though he was oblivious to the "correction" in fact he merely addresses Phadedra's latest request.

you have nothing to apologize for. part of being friends is looking past our differences and finding the things that we have in common.

I would love to go with you guys. I really had nothing planned. anything you had in mind? he asks.

"Do you know how to play firekeeper*?" she asked eagerly...and then frowned. "Oh, wait, that would be hard to play without wings...well, maybe we can try playing it on the ground?"

*Think a cross between soccer and tag, played in the air. Lang would probably recognize it courtesy of his last incarnation.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Let's have the invite ding across his messages about now, since I imagine his lace would forward anything sent to his student account.

I would think so too, aye.

As you say, so shall it be done :)

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran laughed. "Well, if that works as well for you as it does for me, then we're in trouble already," he joked.

The young monk bows his head as if in defeat, but Jeran can see the smile on Fei's face ruining the illusion. "I know," he replies as he shakes his head....then suddenly tilts it to the side. After a few seconds, he blinks and bows apologetically to his friend.

"My apologies for...that momentary distraction. It seems my neural lace can retrieve my student mail for me, and has just forwarded several dozen messages for my review."

"Do you have any knowledge of a regional event called an 'Equinox Festival?"

"Depends on what region you're talking about. If it's the one in Laeren, then yes, I'm somewhat familiar with it. It used to be considered a good time for making raids on Laeren because the elves were all busy with their celebrations. Some kind of religious thing I think. Not really clear on that. But several years ago they got more serious about their security. Magical traps and such. Only the foolhardy and desperate would try to attack them during the festival these days. Or at least as of a couple years ago. I haven't exactly kept in touch with things since I left," he said dryly. "Since I was determined to put distance between me and my past."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Depends on what region you're talking about. If it's the one in Laeren, then yes, I'm somewhat familiar with it. It used to be considered a good time for making raids on Laeren because the elves were all busy with their celebrations. Some kind of religious thing I think. Not really clear on that. But several years ago they got more serious about their security. Magical traps and such. Only the foolhardy and desperate would try to attack them during the festival these days. Or at least as of a couple years ago. I haven't exactly kept in touch with things since I left," he said dryly. "Since I was determined to put distance between me and my past."

"I did not mean to conjure bad memories on an otherwise good morning, my friend...I am sorry," Fei replies with another apologetic bow.

"It is, however, for the one in Laeren - apparently I am to be present there later this afternoon, at the behest of the High Seer's family. I am not sure why, though..."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Errrr...." the dwarf boy looked a bit nonplussed. "Not sure I know what schnapps are. We've, uh, got some firewhiskey and I think Rotter has some beer..."

"Ooh," Andromeda cut in, "definitely the firewhiskey. I don't care for the flavor of beer."

"Errr....okay....I'll just....be right back...." he scurried back to the rest of his group who immediately huddled together for a rapid whispered conference.

Andromeda giggled. ::I don't know about djinns, but dragons can't get drunk. My brother tried it once and the best he managed was drunkish for like ten minutes. And that was definitely stronger stuff than these guys have,:: she said telepathically, not wanting to let on to the troublemaking lads that they were in over their heads.

::Pretty sure we invented wine. Duller people ask for dumber and easier things. I can actually make wine easier than water, so it's definitely in my blood.::

He smiles back, glancing at the dwarven powow.
::Bet you we can make orange mohawk pass out.::

Can you cut all but the last post out of the quotes? Too many nested ones cut stuff off at the end.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:


"When I tried to use it to pay for stuff when I first got here, they told me this civilization hasn't used gold coins in a long time. We could trade coins for their value as gold itself, but they don't have any specific value as coins."
The tea stays firmly in the cup, meeting some kind of flat barrier at the very edge of the cup.
Picture your mouth as the straw to a Capri sun that reseals itself. You can open up a hole in the seal to drink from, but it closes again. But the seal is invisible over the cup.
"Besides, gotta save those coins to get your watch. I dunno how much that'll be wherever we get it. Everything here is all electric and no good for magic, but I've got a couple markets in mind."
The food arrives at the same rather quick rate the other did, ready to be eaten.

Dave drinks the upside down tea, clearly amused "right, right, what's the gold to mithril exchange rate here anyway, or do you have somewhere better in mind to get the materials?" we did decide on mithril right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Depends on what region you're talking about. If it's the one in Laeren, then yes, I'm somewhat familiar with it. It used to be considered a good time for making raids on Laeren because the elves were all busy with their celebrations. Some kind of religious thing I think. Not really clear on that. But several years ago they got more serious about their security. Magical traps and such. Only the foolhardy and desperate would try to attack them during the festival these days. Or at least as of a couple years ago. I haven't exactly kept in touch with things since I left," he said dryly. "Since I was determined to put distance between me and my past."

"I did not mean to conjure bad memories on an otherwise good morning, my friend...I am sorry," Fei replies with another apologetic bow.

"It is, however, for the one in Laeren - apparently I am to be present there later this afternoon, at the behest of the High Seer's family. I am not sure why, though..."

Jeran shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It's not like I expect people to tiptoe around me in order to not upset me. I only brought it up myself because I wanted to express that my information was out of date. And will probably only get more out of date. There's no place for me among the other lycans, and truth be told, I don't want one. I'll leave the whole reforming the system thing to Jaiye since she seems to have grabbed the idea and run with it." He shrugged. "I like what I do now. Being a pilot, helping people, protecting them, training new recruits. All of it. I could maybe do with a personal life that didn't look like a wreck, but nobody gets everything," he said with a quick smile to show that he was mostly joking.

"Anyhow, you probably impressed them or something. You do that a lot more than you notice. Besides, your uh, diplomatic skills may be warranted. I mean, unless Jaiye and that elf prince guy, the one who doesn't talk, I can't remember his name..., anyhow, unless they broke up in the last week or so while I was busy with other stuff, she's likely to be going too right? So maybe you've been invited for your ability to make interesting situations slightly more dull?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:


::Pretty sure we invented wine. Duller people ask for dumber and easier things. I can actually make wine easier than water, so it's definitely in my blood.::
He smiles back, glancing at the dwarven powow.
::Bet you we can make orange mohawk pass out.::

::Bet you we can make them all pass out,:: she countered.

The group shuffled over to them, looking a bit wary, but they seemed to calm down when Andromeda smiled at them. The heckler smoothed his bright blue hair out of his face and nudged the guy with the orange mohawk, grinning like an idiot. The mohawk guy scowled because the spikes on the other guy's jacket poked him, but then pulled a flask out of his backpack and handed it to Andromeda. "If you're sure you can handle it, girl," he growled, giving their original heckler another glower for good measure.

Andromeda took a drink from the flask and made a show of wincing and coughing. "Wow, that's got quite a kick," she said, passing the flask to Jasper. "What do you guys say we all make friends and play a drinking game?" she added with a cute little giggle.


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock

After he's done talking to Jessa, Mithros flies to the firebird camp, and seeks out his parents, then seeing the gathering asks about what's happened...


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave drinks the upside down tea, clearly amused "right, right, what's the gold to mithril exchange rate here anyway, or do you have somewhere better in mind to get the materials?" we did decide on mithril right?

Tybs is all smiley now that he sees Dave having a good time.

He's steadily working through his order, packing away more than anything his size (without a black hole of extradimensional space) should be able to.
"I don't know if they even have it here. This society developed without actual magic, so they have a lot of cool techy stuff, but not a lot of the regular things we'd expect. It's not bad, just kinda different."
He floats past a creamy pastry and tries to reach it, barely touching it with his finger as he floats past. After flailing in its direction for a moment to no avail, he folds his arms and makes a grumpy face until he lands on a wall to push off of to grab it.
"I know some good places. They're not in this system, but that's not exactly a problem for us. Oh, by the way, I forgot to say, don't use levitation magic in here. The gravity thing can't work with it and you get slammed into one of the walls. Kinda learned that the hard way..."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

::Bet you we can make them all pass out,:: she countered.

The group shuffled over to them, looking a bit wary, but they seemed to calm down when Andromeda smiled at them. The heckler smoothed his bright blue hair out of his face and nudged the guy with the orange mohawk, grinning like an idiot. The mohawk guy scowled because the spikes on the other guy's jacket poked him, but then pulled a flask out of his backpack and handed it to Andromeda. "If you're sure you can handle it, girl," he growled, giving their original heckler another glower for good measure.

Andromeda took a drink from the flask and made a show of wincing and coughing. "Wow, that's got quite a kick," she said, passing the flask to Jasper. "What do you guys say we all make friends and play a drinking game?" she added with a cute little giggle.

::If that's how we're playjng, I'm gonna say orange then blue then green.::

Jasper takes the flask and plays along, taking a hesitant swig before coughing and handing it back to Orange Mohawk.
"Geeze guys, that's strong. But I think I could take a couple. Anyone know any good ones?"
He adjusts his position, leaning forward and closing his shoulders off to make himself look subtlety less capable.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It's not like I expect people to tiptoe around me in order to not upset me. I only brought it up myself because I wanted to express that my information was out of date. And will probably only get more out of date. There's no place for me among the other lycans, and truth be told, I don't want one. I'll leave the whole reforming the system thing to Jaiye since she seems to have grabbed the idea and run with it." He shrugged. "I like what I do now. Being a pilot, helping people, protecting them, training new recruits. All of it. I could maybe do with a personal life that didn't look like a wreck, but nobody gets everything," he said with a quick smile to show that he was mostly joking.

"It is your calling, and you are very good at 'all of it', as you say. As to the latter - remember that there is always another dawn," Fei answers simply, then changes the subject out of respect for his friend's feelings on the matter.

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Anyhow, you probably impressed them or something. You do that a lot more than you notice. Besides, your uh, diplomatic skills may be warranted. I mean, unless Jaiye and that elf prince guy, the one who doesn't talk, I can't remember his name..., anyhow, unless they broke up in the last week or so while I was busy with other stuff, she's likely to be going too right? So maybe you've been invited for your ability to make interesting situations slightly more dull?"

The young monk ponders Jeran's last words for a few seconds, looking at him appraisingly.

"His name is Ehos. And I did not know that my talent for 'dulling things down' was so well-known. I should probably thank Keme for spreading such tales about me," he finally responds with a wide, self-deprecating smile across his face. (^-^)


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:


Tybs is all smiley now that he sees Dave having a good time.
He's steadily working through his order, packing away more than anything his size (without a black hole of extradimensional space) should be able to.
"I don't know if they even have it here. This society developed without actual magic, so they have a lot of cool techy stuff, but not a lot of the regular things we'd expect. It's not bad, just kinda different."
He floats past a creamy pastry and tries to reach it, barely touching it with his finger as he floats past. After flailing in its direction for a moment to no avail, he folds his arms and makes a grumpy face until he lands on a wall to push off of to grab it.
"I know some good places. They're not in this system, but that's not exactly a problem for us. Oh, by the way, I forgot to say, don't use levitation magic in here. The gravity thing can't work with it and you get slammed into one of the walls. Kinda learned that the hard way..."

Dave raises an eyebrow "would be nice to know that earlier, with the way I fly these wings are mostly for show, how does a society make all this crap without magic to at least get the ball rolling, this is incredible"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"I mean, it didn't happen. And I figured you wouldn't try it since you would have to use a spell to anyways. Your wings should work fine in here, it's the same idea as levitation magic, but different. You know how when you use a magic levitation, you can still kinda feel the way gravity is supposed to be because everything else around you is still effected by it? Well, in here, the whole room except the sections on the column is all floaty." He demonstrates by setting a paw on the food service section of the column, which is enough to hold him in place there.
"And I really have no idea where this stuff comes from. Maybe having magic makes us too dependent on it, and hurts progress on everything else in the long run."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave scoffs at the thought of magic being harmful to development "we both are very magical but we still learn other things, I bet it'd be the same everywhere else and I mean that when I fly I'm not just using my wings, if you didn't already know, Linnorms don't have wings and I'm made of rocks, wings alone probably wouldn't be able to get me off the ground for long"


male human monk 16
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:


Lang acted as though he was oblivious to the "correction" in fact he merely addresses Phadedra's latest request.

you have nothing to apologize for. part of being friends is looking past our differences and finding the things that we have in common.

I would love to go with you guys. I really had nothing planned. anything you had in mind? he asks.

"Do you know how to play firekeeper*?" she asked eagerly...and then frowned. "Oh, wait, that would be hard to play without wings...well, maybe we can try playing it on the ground?"

Lang first has a confused look, not initially recognizing the game. but after a moment he recalls something, Its been a long time, I think I remember that game. I never was really good at that game. but I would love to play.

Oh and yes I can fly, maybe not as good as you guys but I can manage.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Morrivan wrote:


"Uh, I don't think so? I mean, things are definitely not very tossed about. Other than Ginni's habit of not making her bed, Tami's habit of leaving her clothes laying around, and the pillows we've been tossing around. I think dimensional rifts would be a little more....messy I guess. Not that I really know anything about them," she said, looking around the room. "I bet the school just rearranged the room while we were asleep. Decided we'd all be happier in a bigger dormitory kind of thing. You know how it gets when it's feeling helpful."

Mel lowers her guard, I think your right, My ship kind of does the same thing

I mean Susan's ship. not mine but I wish I had one though


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave scoffs at the thought of magic being harmful to development "we both are very magical but we still learn other things, I bet it'd be the same everywhere else and I mean that when I fly I'm not just using my wings, if you didn't already know, Linnorms don't have wings and I'm made of rocks, wings alone probably wouldn't be able to get me off the ground for long"

"Well, at the very least, not having magic doesn't prevent progress. Just makes it different." He gestures to the room as an example.

"I've seen your magic pattern, so I know you fly with it, but there's no need to in here. You're already floating, so you can just use your wings for direction like normal."
Dave tends to be more easily maneuvering in the room with his wings than Tybalt is, despite his nominal more expertise and experience in floating. Tybalt tends to reach a wall and push away from it to redirect himself, sometimes shrinking and growing his staff to move himself or snag things.

He's pretty well done in the buffet amount of food he order, giving a contented sigh as he pats his slightly domed belly. He has to pulls his shirt down a little over it as he relaxes in the zero gravity space.

"I usually eat too much here cause I can't feel how heavy it is, but I was probably gonna skip lunch anyways."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:

"Well, as far as I'm aware, we're friends. Potentially with benefits, if that's the right way to say that? I think that's the correct euphemism when you mean you're open to sex, but not wanting a commitment or exclusivity. I'm trying to learn the right phrases because apparently people get uncomfortable when you're too blunt," she said with a nonchalant shrug. "But so far the success rate is pretty bad. Being less direct means people don't understand more. I'm probably messing up the body language or something. Oh, and I won't be offended if you're not interested in that or anything. I know that some people are kinda weird about that stuff outside of a serious relationship. But you can consider it a standing invitation," she said with what she hoped was a flirtatious smile. This sort of thing worked better for Rena. Asha was certain is was because Rena had larger boobs. People tended to stare at them and get the right idea without much prompting. Meanwhile, she was not so well endowed, which was great for gymnastics, but not so great when trying to proposition someone.

She nodded back to the raven as she went back to eating her breakfast. "What's a spirit animal? I'm not really familiar with the concept."

The young man shrugs "I suppose we could be, and I find being direct and to the point is usually best." He offers some of the berries to Hunnin. "My spirit animal is my connection to the spirit world, it's how I get my spells that affect the natural world, as well as being a constant companion."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace grins as Mithros and Jessa walk away. "Yup, total crushville tween those two."

"I think I have several hours before I have to leave for the festival, any ideas on what to do till then?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"ok... just got to remember to actually move when I move... even for small movements..."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

As the day of the festival arrives, Ghalen gets ready to spend a few days in Tyrrin's homeland. He'll go to her room and let her know he's ready to depart whenever she is.


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos embeds himself in the books, but eventually pulls himself out. "It's..." he grasps for a correct analogy for Dara. "It is like that I was a wild animal, when they took me in." That was truer than Djalos would have liked to admit. "They trained me the wrong way, and because that is all I've ever known, it had never occurred to me that what they made me do was wrong. But when I came here, some nice people showed me what I did wrong, and taught me - and are teaching me - to do better. Like your sister."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
"ok... just got to remember to actually move when I move... even for small movements..."

"I mean, we aren't gonna be be here for long enough for it to be a problem, right?"

The cat floats past upside down, drinking some kind of juice.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave floats by eating a trail of eclairs "ok fair enough"


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Djalos embeds himself in the books, but eventually pulls himself out. "It's..." he grasps for a correct analogy for Dara. "It is like that I was a wild animal, when they took me in." That was truer than Djalos would have liked to admit. "They trained me the wrong way, and because that is all I've ever known, it had never occurred to me that what they made me do was wrong. But when I came here, some nice people showed me what I did wrong, and taught me - and are teaching me - to do better. Like your sister."

There was a clink as Dara peered over the edge of the table. He made a series of motions with his hands and words shone in the air over his gloves. 'People say they good. Most lying.'


Image
"Ace" wrote:

Ace grins as Mithros and Jessa walk away. "Yup, total crushville tween those two."

"I think I have several hours before I have to leave for the festival, any ideas on what to do till then?"

"Yeah, pretty sure Raelle will be relieved. She felt bad about turning Mithros down."

"Ummm......" She laughed. "Honestly, no, I don't have a clue. I'm going library diving this evening. And then curling up with a good medical textbook in the hopes that it enlightens me on how to make this shapeshifting business work. But I hadn't really considered what to do this morning and afternoon."


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:

"Well, as far as I'm aware, we're friends. Potentially with benefits, if that's the right way to say that? I think that's the correct euphemism when you mean you're open to sex, but not wanting a commitment or exclusivity. I'm trying to learn the right phrases because apparently people get uncomfortable when you're too blunt," she said with a nonchalant shrug. "But so far the success rate is pretty bad. Being less direct means people don't understand more. I'm probably messing up the body language or something. Oh, and I won't be offended if you're not interested in that or anything. I know that some people are kinda weird about that stuff outside of a serious relationship. But you can consider it a standing invitation," she said with what she hoped was a flirtatious smile. This sort of thing worked better for Rena. Asha was certain is was because Rena had larger boobs. People tended to stare at them and get the right idea without much prompting. Meanwhile, she was not so well endowed, which was great for gymnastics, but not so great when trying to proposition someone.

She nodded back to the raven as she went back to eating her breakfast. "What's a spirit animal? I'm not really familiar with the concept."

The young man shrugs "I suppose we could be, and I find being direct and to the point is usually best." He offers some of the berries to Hunnin. "My spirit animal is my connection to the spirit world, it's how I get my spells that affect the natural world, as well as being a constant companion."

She beamed at him when he said that he liked direct and to the point. That at least was something that she could do. She was already working her way through the last of her breakfast at this point. She'd eaten it faster than she'd intended. This was what happened when she got overly hungry.

"That's nice. That you always have Hunnin. That way you don't have to feel lonely," she said, resting her chin on her hands. "I don't know what spirits are. They have their own world? I think I've heard the word before though. When they were trying to explain what ethereal means. That thing that I do sometimes when I go through things, they tell me that's the word for it. I guess. Can Hunnin go through stuff too?"


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

adon eventuslly starts making his way back into the library toward the group. The arrows flicker and falter as he tries to find his way, and he ends up lost. Eventually he sees his room, and slips into it for a moment, hunting for gloves. Perhaps that would help, so that his antimagic didn't have to touch the walls when he was touching them for direction. He wanders in, and his room looks diffrerent, to say the least. The room had melted into a horrible almagam of envorment to try and provide a "correct" environment for adon's "race", and failed horribly. Adon's eye twitched, and he once again silently thanked the fact that he didn't have tear ducts ever since the static ate his eyes. After all, can't be crying in front of friends. He starts rummaging about, but wherever he touched in his room destabilized more, until the room was a shifting mess of static with occasional flickers of envorment sheer and there. Eventually, he manages to find a closet, and takes out cloth, binds up his arms and hands, and takes a moment to try and regain his composure, looking around the writhing room.
"... And this is what they want me to call home. I guess I don't really get much of a choice. Sooner or later..."
adon shakes his head, steps out of his room, and walks away, touching the wall again, the arrows more stable this time. And as he walks away, unbeknown to him, the door itself flickers and fades, as if his room was never there in the first place.


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:
Morrivan wrote:


"Uh, I don't think so? I mean, things are definitely not very tossed about. Other than Ginni's habit of not making her bed, Tami's habit of leaving her clothes laying around, and the pillows we've been tossing around. I think dimensional rifts would be a little more....messy I guess. Not that I really know anything about them," she said, looking around the room. "I bet the school just rearranged the room while we were asleep. Decided we'd all be happier in a bigger dormitory kind of thing. You know how it gets when it's feeling helpful."

Mel lowers her guard, I think your right, My ship kind of does the same thing

I mean Susan's ship. not mine but I wish I had one though

"Well, nobody knows how this school was made. Maybe it's similar to Susan's ship. All I know is that it seems to have a mind of its own and thankfully it's nice and wants us to be happy," she said with a shrug. "Ugh. Okay, now that we're up at an ungodly early hour for a Saturday, want to go get some breakfast? If I can't have sleep, I at least want doughnuts."


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:

"Do you know how to play firekeeper*?" she asked eagerly...and then frowned. "Oh, wait, that would be hard to play without wings...well, maybe we can try playing it on the ground?"

Lang first has a confused look, not initially recognizing the game. but after a moment he recalls something, Its been a long time, I think I remember that game. I never was really good at that game. but I would love to play.

Oh and yes I can fly, maybe not as good as you guys but I can manage.

Phaedra smiled. "Great! Three people is enough to play! It's better with a crowd, but as long as you have at least three, then that's alright. I bet we can find a ball in the gym. They keep a bin of equipment out for kids to play with, so I don't think anyone will mind if we take one as long as we put it back later."


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It's not like I expect people to tiptoe around me in order to not upset me. I only brought it up myself because I wanted to express that my information was out of date. And will probably only get more out of date. There's no place for me among the other lycans, and truth be told, I don't want one. I'll leave the whole reforming the system thing to Jaiye since she seems to have grabbed the idea and run with it." He shrugged. "I like what I do now. Being a pilot, helping people, protecting them, training new recruits. All of it. I could maybe do with a personal life that didn't look like a wreck, but nobody gets everything," he said with a quick smile to show that he was mostly joking.

"It is your calling, and you are very good at 'all of it', as you say. As to the latter - remember that there is always another dawn," Fei answers simply, then changes the subject out of respect for his friend's feelings on the matter.

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Anyhow, you probably impressed them or something. You do that a lot more than you notice. Besides, your uh, diplomatic skills may be warranted. I mean, unless Jaiye and that elf prince guy, the one who doesn't talk, I can't remember his name..., anyhow, unless they broke up in the last week or so while I was busy with other stuff, she's likely to be going too right? So maybe you've been invited for your ability to make interesting situations slightly more dull?"

The young monk ponders Jeran's last words for a few seconds, looking at him appraisingly.

"His name is Ehos. And I did not know that my talent for 'dulling things down' was so well-known. I should probably thank Keme for spreading such tales about me," he finally responds with a wide, self-deprecating smile across his face. (^-^)

Jeran barked out a laugh. "Yeah, that definitely sounds like Keme's handiwork," he agreed. "I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, it's just a party. As long as nobody takes a drunken swing at the wrong person and no otherworldly invaders show up, it won't be a problem. And it's not an Avalon party, so it's probably just the first one that you'll have to worry about."


Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

::Bet you we can make them all pass out,:: she countered.

The group shuffled over to them, looking a bit wary, but they seemed to calm down when Andromeda smiled at them. The heckler smoothed his bright blue hair out of his face and nudged the guy with the orange mohawk, grinning like an idiot. The mohawk guy scowled because the spikes on the other guy's jacket poked him, but then pulled a flask out of his backpack and handed it to Andromeda. "If you're sure you can handle it, girl," he growled, giving their original heckler another glower for good measure.

Andromeda took a drink from the flask and made a show of wincing and coughing. "Wow, that's got quite a kick," she said, passing the flask to Jasper. "What do you guys say we all make friends and play a drinking game?" she added with a cute little giggle.

::If that's how we're playjng, I'm gonna say orange then blue then green.::

Jasper takes the flask and plays along, taking a hesitant swig before coughing and handing it back to Orange Mohawk.
"Geeze guys, that's strong. But I think I could take a couple. Anyone know any good ones?"
He adjusts his position, leaning forward and closing his shoulders off to make himself look subtlety less capable.

The lads suggest a game that involves having to balance a small toy on a stick and whoever dropped it on their turn had to take a drink. It was a deceptively simple game and the group were nudging each other - painfully due to the excessively spiked clothing - to express their mirth at how they were gonna pull one over on these poor idiots.

The blue-haired one offered to go first, just to show them how it was done, and then he handed it off to Jasper to try.


Mithros Phoebus wrote:
After he's done talking to Jessa, Mithros flies to the firebird camp, and seeks out his parents, then seeing the gathering asks about what's happened...

His mother pulls him aside to where he can see, but not obviously be seen. "You probably shouldn't be here, but as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, it should be fine. There's still several people who are feeling resentful about the last time you interrupted a council meeting," she said dryly. "It's been hours of pointless arguments so far. But the the Elders showed up. None of us expected that. They usually stay clear of politics, a game for the young and so on. But that woman up there claims to be the daughter of Avatar Voltair and is basically scolding all of us like we're children," she said in a hushed whisper, grimacing at the necessity of such scolding.


Image
Dara Jhiwoon wrote:
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Djalos embeds himself in the books, but eventually pulls himself out. "It's..." he grasps for a correct analogy for Dara. "It is like that I was a wild animal, when they took me in." That was truer than Djalos would have liked to admit. "They trained me the wrong way, and because that is all I've ever known, it had never occurred to me that what they made me do was wrong. But when I came here, some nice people showed me what I did wrong, and taught me - and are teaching me - to do better. Like your sister."
There was a clink as Dara peered over the edge of the table. He made a series of motions with his hands and words shone in the air over his gloves. 'People say they good. Most lying.'

"Translation, Dara has trust issues and a limited vocabulary. He'll believe you're a good person when he sees it for himself and even then will be suspicious because he's suspicious of pretty much everyone except me."

76,901 to 76,950 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1534 | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | 1539 | 1540 | 1541 | 1542 | 1543 | 1544 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.