The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


68,151 to 68,200 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1359 | 1360 | 1361 | 1362 | 1363 | 1364 | 1365 | 1366 | 1367 | 1368 | 1369 | next > last >>

Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Earlier in the morning, in the cafeteria. Long before the bell rings

A tall elven man, clearly a warrior of some sort as evidenced by his build, strolls into the lunch room. A bow and a large sword are strapped to his back, along with a quiver. All are of elven make, and look both expensive and battle-worn.

He grabs a tray of food, and sits quietly, alone and in such a spot as to be able to see the whole cafeteria.

He witnesses the altercation between Dave, Tybalt and Ace, and makes a mental note to keep an eye on them.

He does the same when he sees Ardiente show off for Raelle, as well as when Silinrul, Ehos, and others react to Asha accidentally hurting herself.

As the bell rings, and the students head off to class, he gets up and decides to wander the halls.


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

Iolth raises his hand as Sorchan speaks. "Professor del Sol, what is the maximum threat level for the SIMs?"

Treat Threat Level like CR.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Seeing the other student handle the girl, Vickory continues back to the sim room.

"They didn't have much, but I got a few useful things. A set for each of us."

Vickory goes to hand out the bags.

Seems to me everyone is about to leave rather then having left, but if I'm wrong, oh well.


Female Image of Halo Smart Hero L6 / Mecha-Jockey L10 / Machinesmith L--
Damiani wrote:

Ulna Terrianos

Glancing at the odd three some, Halo, Iolth and Shoshin, Ulna was watching their interaction with a mixture of wide eyes, excited and wary.

Eventually, as before, she over comes her fear and asks Halo, "Excuse me, miss? May I inquire what you are doing with that ... object? With the blinking red illumination?"

"no it's not talking, it's just a camera and I'm talking photos, its a hobby of mine, look"

She shows the girl the back of the camera, and the images she's taken


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

"Put us in the room. That way we won't have to fight our way through flunkies and waste valuable time. Could get ugly fast, but we need to risk it," he said before shifting into wolf form.

::All ready to go.::

"Me too" he says, getting into a crouch.


Male Kitsune (9-tailed) Professor of Eastern Philosophy and Planar studies (?)Sorceror/(?)Flowing Monk
Keme Tokala wrote:
Genosuke wrote:
Alys Himuro wrote:


Seeming to ignore the brief effect her words had on nearby listeners, Alys retrieves the bundle from beside her desk and walks out of the room coming to a stop at a respectful distance in...

Bows slightly higher than Alys, then smiles and takes her up in a hug.

"You've grown, pup! It's good to see you." He steps back, and motions to Keme "Alys, this is your cousin Keme."

Keme waved hello. "Hey, cuz...welcome to the asylum," he said, grinning.

He looks surprised when she tries to talk and then smiles again. "Heh. Looks like I'm not the only freak in the family anymore...well, you've definitely come to the right place. It's actually pretty cool here...maybe we can get you a datapad or something. There's this one kid who uses one to talk because he can't make any sound or things go boom. Might work for your..uh...language issue...whatever that is...or it might not, but might be worth a try," he said with a shrug.

Shifts to humanoid fox form, and uses body language and yips and such to communicate...

"That is a good idea Keme. I believe one of those devices is provided to each new student, they just need to be requisitioned. Alys, you speaking aloud has a very tangible effect. Does your telepathy not work either?"


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Phaezeriel wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

::Vai tried to speak about her 'twin' to me, and Light is punishing her for doing so:: Fei replies to Phaezeriel, his own eyes not leaving his meldanya.

::Her roommate, Melody, may have a way to circumvent what is happening. I am glad you are here, though - I may need your help with the actual healing of her wounds when the time comes...::

Phaezeriel growls low and deep in his throat, ::I tire of these accursed Patrons! Will you all join in a collective with me? It will increase my healing ability many times over.:: Phaezeriel attempts to gather Melody, Vai, Fei, Aananda, Ace, and even Krays into a collective.

He looks at Melody, ::What are you doing and in what ways can I assist you?::

Is a bit startled as Phaeze flys by, but not when he's incorporated into the collective, having been in there several times before. Krays will ask what's going on, and after being told...

::I am here on another matter, but If I'm needed don't hesitate to ask.::

He'll ask a staff member on the status of the stabbing victim


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Genosuke wrote:
Keme wrote:

Keme waved hello. "Hey, cuz...welcome to the asylum," he said, grinning.

He looks surprised when she tries to talk and then smiles again. "Heh. Looks like I'm not the only freak in the family anymore...well, you've definitely come to the right place. It's actually pretty cool here...maybe we can get you a datapad or something. There's this one kid who uses one to talk because he can't make any sound or things go boom. Might work for your..uh...language issue...whatever that is...or it might not, but might be worth a try," he said with a shrug.

Shifts to humanoid fox form, and uses body language and yips and such to communicate...

"That is a good idea Keme. I believe one of those devices is provided to each new student, they just need to be requisitioned. Alys, you speaking aloud has a very tangible effect. Does your telepathy not work either?"

Alys smils shyly at Keme, having never met him before. When Genosuke changes form, Alys grins broadly and follows his example, speaking in the same manner that he has, "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Cousin." She then turns her attention to Genosuke, "My telepathy seems to have the same difficulty as writing, only moreso. It is not reliable, and most people find the effect when it is not cooperative to be fairly unnerving. I do not know if these devices .. daddapuds? .. will work. No magic that has yet been tried has any effect. I hope it will."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

He crouches down to be on eye level with her.
"Hey, it's gonna be OK. No one can hurt you here. OK? Come on, let's stand up."
He stands and offers his hand to help her up.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace shakes his head "Mel, it's not about being a whimp. Think of the absolute worst person you know, and I am at least that bad in Tybalt's eyes. Not only did the malicious entity in my head try to murder him via melting, but I went off on him and Dave earlier. It lead to my challenging Dave to another duel. If I go try and talk him into helping, he'll likely just ignore me, at best. Can't say I blame him either. I am definitely one of the last people he wants to see right now, if ever."


Kevin Ramos wrote:

He crouches down to be on eye level with her.

"Hey, it's gonna be OK. No one can hurt you here. OK? Come on, let's stand up."
He stands and offers his hand to help her up.

Hallway: Not Too Far from Infirmary

At first there's a bit of a flinch at the hand coming out, but through sobbing eyes, red from tears and such, she looks awkwardly at the hand being offered and rises up.

She doesn't quite seem aware of social customs, the hand hits! It does not help.

Kevin might, depending on his psychological awareness, realize this isn't a socially aware individual. If he's been around children, she's showing all the signs of being inexperienced in a lot.

She does stand up though, he suspects his direction commands have the best effect with her.

"She does not know what you want. Why she is here. Chest hurts. No harm to the Chosen One, that is the rule. But, hurt." She taps her chest again, which had been wracked with sobs.


Krays wrote:

Is a bit startled as Phaeze flys by, but not when he's incorporated into the collective, having been in there several times before. Krays will ask what's going on, and after being told...

::I am here on another matter, but If I'm needed don't hesitate to ask.::

He'll ask a staff member on the status of the stabbing victim

One of the nameless few medical staff helps direct Krays towards Zilla's location.

Gonna need to wait on Dom, I think (which may take some time).


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:
Opening her eyes after the zillion runaway thoughts shot through them, she looked over toward Vare, seeing what he'd written. Trying to keep her thoughts silent, proved to be as much a failure as silencing Jivana.

As she examines Vare's handiwork on the board, he appears to be drawing a design of some kind, in white chalk. He's being very meticulous in his drawing, careful of even small details.

The device Vare is drawing is most definitely a summoning and binding circle, and could be used to draw Outsiders to be trapped within it, were the appropriate magic brought forth upon it.


Halo_Jonnes wrote:

"no it's not talking, it's just a camera and I'm talking photos, its a hobby of mine, look"

She shows the girl the back of the camera, and the images she's taken

Ulna Terrianos

"Oh. So- it is not a magical device? Kamerah. Fotos. Interesting. Oh-- look there, you have images in it. How novel. This device ... captures the fotos? How very delightful. Where did you get this? Are you an artificer?"

Ulna's curiosity seems to show, and she clearly doesn't have any issues being around another female (or what she presumes is one). She does, as before, that dance between keeping distant out of uncertainty, to defying the emotion and diving in. A duality of sorts, surely noticeable at this point by those who may have paid attention. It just failed when speaking of being around the 'guardsmen'.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Fei is already in motion as Ace begins to speak. Returning to the databed controls, he administers just enough sedative to keep the pain from registering.

With the sedative administered, Vai's stirring ceases, and her mind retreats back to the sweet oblivion of unconsciousness.


Female Human Teenager
GM Fireclaw wrote:
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:
Opening her eyes after the zillion runaway thoughts shot through them, she looked over toward Vare, seeing what he'd written. Trying to keep her thoughts silent, proved to be as much a failure as silencing Jivana.

As she examines Vare's handiwork on the board, he appears to be drawing a design of some kind, in white chalk. He's being very meticulous in his drawing, careful of even small details.

The device Vare is drawing is most definitely a summoning and binding circle, and could be used to draw Outsiders to be trapped within it, were the appropriate magic brought forth upon it.

Anahita's attention is captured by the drawings and work, and her eyes flutter as if pages are being sorted through in her mind, an unfocused look on her face, back arching slightly, and then she's back again.

A few blinks later, she's present to the room once more. The briefest of strained looks on her expressive face fade away, reverting to her neutral visage.


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
Lim-Môr Azair'vialys wrote:

"Fair enough. Good to know it's not for the usual reasons."

He says, fairly ambivalent about it.
"There /is/ always magic, though."
He offers.

"Magic is amazing, isn't it?" Illy replies to that in a low and sultry voice (or, at least, as low as a Halfling teenager can manage), and looks like she's about to continue on when Vare finally turns around clears his throat. Whatever the tattoo'd halfling was about to say is cut off, as she glances to the front. She gives Lim-Mor a wink before turning to face the front.


Male Kitsune (9-tailed) Professor of Eastern Philosophy and Planar studies (?)Sorceror/(?)Flowing Monk
Alys Himuro wrote:
Alys smils shyly at Keme, having never met him before. When Genosuke changes form, Alys grins broadly and follows his example, speaking in the same manner that he has, "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Cousin." She then turns her attention to Genosuke, "My telepathy seems to have the same difficulty as writing, only moreso. It is not reliable, and most people find the effect when it is not cooperative to be fairly unnerving. I do not know if these devices .. daddapuds? .. will work. No magic that has yet been tried has any effect. I hope it will."

"I see. Well, luckily for us, datapads are not magical."


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Jaiye wrote:

"Sounds good to me," she said, holding his hand as they left the cafeteria.

Once they're well away from the others, "So...want to tell me what's bugging you? Or would you rather I just drop it?"

Ehos takes her hand, squeezing it lightly as they exit the cafeteria. He shakes his head slightly at her query, and looks distantly down the hall as they walked. 'It's stupid. Asha just reminds me of the one time before I came to Avalon that I met Firebirds. Just bothered me a little to start thinking about it, especially after what Asha's gone through.' he displays, though Jaiye can sense that he's being evasive about this, not wanting to tell the full story, for whatever reason his elf brain has contrived. He didn't tell Jaiye to drop it though, so maybe he does want to talk about it.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask
Carlos Rexach wrote:

the flapping gets closer and a large shadow descends on Renkai... a man in spiked full plate riding an monsterous undead dragon hovers now before him

Ah, one of the students has left the nest... time to pick off the strays while the mother hen is away.

He leaps off the dragon and lifts a large bastard sword writhing in dark energy

I hope you've made peace with this life, you just might be living it along time.

Gazing upon the dark warrior and his patchwork abomination, Renkai is utterly calm as a realization comes to him. The scales of the dragon are blue, black, purple... That creature required the deaths of at least five of the dragon species. How long have you been alive... 'collecting' the bodies of the dead? Renkai asks flippantly.

Renkai lashes the kisurigama out like a flail and then focuses his inner energy through the weapon.

1d20 + 14 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 7 + 1 = 37 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dispel Magic, on you

Caster level check 1d20 + 9 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 10 = 26


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
"Ace" wrote:
Ace shakes his head "Mel, it's not about being a whimp. Think of the absolute worst person you know, and I am at least that bad in Tybalt's eyes. Not only did the malicious entity in my head try to murder him via melting, but I went off on him and Dave earlier. It lead to my challenging Dave to another duel. If I go try and talk him into helping, he'll likely just ignore me, at best. Can't say I blame him either. I am definitely one of the last people he wants to see right now, if ever."

Mel stops working going to Ace.

Ace, you are a friend, and so is tybs, I asked you to do this because You need to understand, the things you say and do, affect others, this is a chance for you to not only understands this better, but also to find a common bond. What happened to Tybs was no more your fault then what Dave did to Raelle, both were situations beyond our own control. Tybs saw that and so do I, that is why we are all here in this school, after all.

It is time to put aside our differences and our disagreements and work toward a common goal. indicating Vai She is what is important right now. together we will all make a difference, but I need you to be the one to take that first step toward working together. So please, at least try, for Vai.

She nudges him toward the door. And Ace, it isn't going to be easy, but you are strong enough.

Mel is hoping her faith is not misplaced, but she believes Ace can do this. not only for Vai, but for Tybs, and Dave as well.

And you don't want to know what the absolute worst person in my head is, you just might understand fear

for Phaeze only please if he is still connected to Mel:

the last part about the worst person. an image flashes through mel's mind that he can pick up on.

an image of death and destruction on a global scale, an entire race being eradicated. though the enemy is unseen, he can feel the oppressive evil it is in the brief glimpse. he does not recognize anyone but he hears a voice yelling "Mel there is one pod left, hurry"


Female Image of Halo Smart Hero L6 / Mecha-Jockey L10 / Machinesmith L--
Damiani wrote:

Ulna Terrianos

"Oh. So- it is not a magical device? Kamerah. Fotos. Interesting. Oh-- look there, you have images in it. How novel. This device ... captures the fotos? How very delightful. Where did you get this? Are you an artificer?"
Ulna's curiosity seems to show,

"Artificer, no more artist well aspiring one, Photography is just one of the mediums I use. I got this camera on the second mall moon of Klan-Ra."

She pulls at a memory crystal from the back of the camera and puts a new one in.

"O I'm Halo buy the way and that clanking robot dog behind is Toby and its nice to meet you. So where heading to the Sim rooms what ever they are"


Image
Damiani wrote:
narrator wrote:

Elektra, Etain, and Alev seem to be especially interested in the SIM rooms.

"Can we try them out?"

"Can we at least see what they're doing in there? All I see now are a bunch of doors."

"So...if the damage isn't real...does it still hurt? Cause if it doesn't hurt it would be awesome to go exploring some glaciers...what? I mean, it's a room designed to let you do impossible things, right? What's more impossible than for us to go explore some icy terrain."

Meanwhile, Solus was listening very closely to the responses to those questions while pretending to be bored.

And Phaedra actually was bored. She glared haughtily at the strange being with the clicking box with the red eye.

Ulna Terrianos

Watching the youths speak, Ulna at one point says, perhaps interjecting boldly, "But-- without the realism, what's the point? Isn't it just an illusion? Those can be ignored with enough will. Wouldn't that just make people blindly fearless, in the end?"

"You'll all get a chance to try them out eventually, just not right now. You can only see what's going on if the room in question has an observation gallery...this one over here does. This is a PE class in session, step through this door and you can see what's going on. And wounds may be temporary, but pain is very real inside the SIM so if you want to explore glaciers you'll have to find some way of dealing with the cold. Because Miss Terrianos brings up a valid point and we are trying to teach you how to survive in the real world, not foolishly think yourselves immortal," he said, opening the door and letting the group step inside the observation gallery.

Inside the SIM, a dark haired woman with horns was yelling orders as a group appeared to be trying to navigate their way through some sort of jungle temple filled with traps. They had to dodge spiked pit traps, duck poison darts, run from falling rocks, and so on, all while carrying heavy packs.


Construct Mecha

Toby comes up and Halo puts the memory crystal into a small slot on his body.


Female Firebird

Lily hadn't been able to fully suppress her grin when the yet-to-be-named 'Tall Thin Guy' had snapped at Archena, citing her disgusting fingers as good reason for the freak to be 'dismissed' from the Firebird society. Lily couldn't help but agree, even if she questioned the public setting. Her parents had always taught her that when she was in public, she was to maintain decorum. Grudges, disputes, and other such things were not a matter for the public to concern themselves with, and losing one's temper in such a situation would only draw the wrong kind of attention. These things were to be handled in other ways.

Still, she couldn't help but admire the young man who spoke so fiercely on behalf of upstanding and pure Firebirds, and he certainly managed to fan her flames. She almost snickered at the heinously crude expression that had crossed her mind.

As she follows along with the group, she makes a face when the function of the SIM rooms are explained to her. "Professor, I assume those of us who wish to engage in more sensible activities than sport will be allowed to do so." she asks demurely, maintain her haughty attitude. It wasn't really a question, so much as it was a statement.


Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:

Iolth raises his hand as Sorchan speaks. "Professor del Sol, what is the maximum threat level for the SIMs?"

Treat Threat Level like CR.

"I do not believe that Professor Sunwake programmed in a maximum as such. But I would have to ask her to be sure."


Female Image of Halo Smart Hero L6 / Mecha-Jockey L10 / Machinesmith L--

Halo go's into the PE Sim and starts taking more Photos, she seems very interested.


Image
Lily Svarog wrote:


As she follows along with the group, she makes a face when the function of the SIM rooms are explained to her. "Professor, I assume those of us who wish to engage in more sensible activities than sport will be allowed to do so." she asks demurely, maintain her haughty attitude. It wasn't really a question, so much as it was a statement.

"Physical fitness is an important element of your education and your health. All students are expected to participate, although there are non-combat alternatives offered for those of a more pacifist bent. I understand the dance SIMs are very popular."


Image
Vickory West wrote:

Seeing the other student handle the girl, Vickory continues back to the sim room.

"They didn't have much, but I got a few useful things. A set for each of us."

Vickory goes to hand out the bags.

Seems to me everyone is about to leave rather then having left, but if I'm wrong, oh well.

Jeran, on wolf form, ready to spring as soon as a portal was opened, looked at her with that expression that so clearly said 'I'm a wolf, fool, I don't need things'.

::There is no time. We leave now.::


Damiani wrote:
Krays wrote:

Is a bit startled as Phaeze flys by, but not when he's incorporated into the collective, having been in there several times before. Krays will ask what's going on, and after being told...

::I am here on another matter, but If I'm needed don't hesitate to ask.::

He'll ask a staff member on the status of the stabbing victim

One of the nameless few medical staff helps direct Krays towards Zilla's location.

Gonna need to wait on Dom, I think (which may take some time).

Wasn't Zilla released already? Honestly don't remember. Maybe she wasn't.

Also, Julie could run into him with that note...hint, hint. :)


Image
Ehos Denulia wrote:
Jaiye wrote:

"Sounds good to me," she said, holding his hand as they left the cafeteria.

Once they're well away from the others, "So...want to tell me what's bugging you? Or would you rather I just drop it?"

Ehos takes her hand, squeezing it lightly as they exit the cafeteria. He shakes his head slightly at her query, and looks distantly down the hall as they walked. 'It's stupid. Asha just reminds me of the one time before I came to Avalon that I met Firebirds. Just bothered me a little to start thinking about it, especially after what Asha's gone through.' he displays, though Jaiye can sense that he's being evasive about this, not wanting to tell the full story, for whatever reason his elf brain has contrived. He didn't tell Jaiye to drop it though, so maybe he does want to talk about it.

"Tell me about it?" she asked, deciding that pushing the issue was the right choice.


Male Kitsune Witchblade 16/Arcane Archer 10, Fighter 6

Shoshin looks towards the group in the temple as well as the woman shouting orders, a small smile plastered on his face as he observed what was happening in front of him. He soon turned back to Sorchan and gave the man his full attention as he explained it, thinking that this school was getting better and better.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"How... Sophisticated, can these... Projections get" he pauses "if I were to want to train or experience a certain specific location, such as my ancestral home, or if I wanted to fight a specific creature maybe even myself, would such be possible?"


Image

"Casil, just shut up and go do it! I don't care if you have to drag Tybalt here. Just bring him. My daughter's life is in danger, and there is not time for any teenage emotional drama right now!" she snapped, her eyes going full draconic, and a few scales appearing on her hands as she spoke. She got herself under control in a matter of seconds but for those few seconds there was a sense of fear surrounding her.

She's upset enough to lose control of her frightful presence for a few seconds. Might cause a moment of extreme unease to those not immune, but not active long enough to require a save.


Female Human image

Ouch, no need to hit so hard, <rubs head>

After Morrivan is finished dictating Nurse Julie puts some finishing touches on it.

Ok I think I got it. I took the liberty of trying to sound a little more decisive and confident in your request. but in short and to the point.

Julie allows Morrivan to read the note making sure everything she wanted is in there.

basiclly asking for assistance to say goodbye to a couple of friends that were killed in the attack. Julie added a bit about being of great assistance to bringing closure and helping Morrivan in her recovery and returning to a normal fun filled life learning from the experience.

(there is some medical mumbo-jumbo toward the end)

Once Morrivan agrees with the note, Ok I will deliver this note right away, OK.

Julie heads out just as the intern retiurns with another refill for everybody's drinks.

there is even a plate with a chocolate bar and two charcoal brickettes.

who was this going to again? Phaeze?


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Aanandareavekki wrote:

"Casil, just shut up and go do it! I don't care if you have to drag Tybalt here. Just bring him. My daughter's life is in danger, and there is not time for any teenage emotional drama right now!" she snapped, her eyes going full draconic, and a few scales appearing on her hands as she spoke. She got herself under control in a matter of seconds but for those few seconds there was a sense of fear surrounding her.

She's upset enough to lose control of her frightful presence for a few seconds. Might cause a moment of extreme unease to those not immune, but not active long enough to require a save.

Mel looks at Aananda, ahhhh, yeah, and what she said.


Image
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"How... Sophisticated, can these... Projections get" he pauses "if I were to want to train or experience a certain specific location, such as my ancestral home, or if I wanted to fight a specific creature maybe even myself, would such be possible?"

"Only if those scenarios were programmed into the computer. The latter is. Fighting yourself is a popular training choice. Visiting your ancestral home would require that you find someone willing to program that scenario for you. And would require that you would be willing to telepathically share your memories of the place so they could do so."


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

Iolth gets a slight grin on his face. "Sweeeeeet. I have a question: can you make custom SIMs for your friends?"

See where I'm going here ;)


Image
Nurse Julie wrote:

Ouch, no need to hit so hard, <rubs head>

After Morrivan is finished dictating Nurse Julie puts some finishing touches on it.

Ok I think I got it. I took the liberty of trying to sound a little more decisive and confident in your request. but in short and to the point.

Julie allows Morrivan to read the note making sure everything she wanted is in there.

basiclly asking for assistance to say goodbye to a couple of friends that were killed in the attack. Julie added a bit about being of great assistance to bringing closure and helping Morrivan in her recovery and returning to a normal fun filled life learning from the experience.

(there is some medical mumbo-jumbo toward the end)

Once Morrivan agrees with the note, Ok I will deliver this note right away, OK.

Julie heads out just as the intern returns with another refill for everybody's drinks.

there is even a plate with a chocolate bar and two charcoal brickettes.

who was this going to again? Phaeze?

No, Krays. Also known as Professor Blackscales. The necromancy teacher. Also, sorry, was just reminding in case it was forgotten. :)

"So I guess the one good thing about having a nervous breakdown is that they let you and your friends eat lots of junk food," Morrivan said, trying to not act as nervous as she felt.


Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:

Iolth gets a slight grin on his face. "Sweeeeeet. I have a question: can you make custom SIMs for your friends?"

See where I'm going here ;)

"There are only a few people who are authorized to program the SIMs. You can request a custom SIM, yes, but you will have to wait for such until they can get around to it. I don't believe it is a terribly long wait."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

He frowns, well there goes that, no training to find my sups end rivals weaknesses.. Unless. "if I were to do a scenario where I fought myself or were to program my ancestral home into the room would others have access to it?"


Male Humanoid
Sorchan del Sol wrote:
Iolth Taknith wrote:

Iolth gets a slight grin on his face. "Sweeeeeet. I have a question: can you make custom SIMs for your friends?"

See where I'm going here ;)

"There are only a few people who are authorized to program the SIMs. You can request a custom SIM, yes, but you will have to wait for such until they can get around to it. I don't believe it is a terribly long wait."

One authorized operator standing by!


Image
Lucas Svarog wrote:
He frowns, well there goes that, no training to find my sups end rivals weaknesses.. Unless. "if I were to do a scenario where I fought myself or were to program my ancestral home into the room would others have access to it?"

"A teacher could observe the recording of your SIM if they wished. The fighting yourself SIM customizes itself to its user, so another student couldn't use it to fight you. Locations are generally available to anyone though yes."


Male Half-Elf Undead HP 318/318
Renkai Urmas wrote:

Gazing upon the dark warrior and his patchwork abomination, Renkai is utterly calm as a realization comes to him. The scales of the dragon are blue, black, purple... That creature required the deaths of at least five of the dragon species. How long have you been alive... 'collecting' the bodies of the dead? Renkai asks flippantly.

your dispell courses over the scowling knight to no effect (could only get cantrips off him with that check, 26+spell lvl is target number)

I've never collected undead, but my master demands tribute of his adversaries... The schools pupils will be culled and harvest like so much wheat. There lies beyond this town a vast army the likes you can't imagine. But have no fear, you will soon know plenty... Malshor the maleficent, come we have work to do

He raises his hand and a large demon appears next to you as he himself teleports opposite of you, you feel a string attach to your very soul as he utters an arcane phrase (you are unholy smited) the stench is strong, sulfur, brimstone, death and rot fill you


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Jaiye wrote:
"Tell me about it?" she asked, deciding that pushing the issue was the right choice.

Ehos sighs and continues looking a bit distant, before glancing back to Jaiye with a fond smile. 'Alright, well... back when I was in my mid-70s, there was this delegation from the Sun that came to my Mother. I don't really know why they were there, but I didn't really question it. Probably some political maneuvering on my Mother's part.'

He sighs noiselessly, squeezes her hand a little, before continuing on. 'Anyway, the Firebird delegation naturally brought their own servants and such, one of which was a really cute girl. I think her name was Erika.'

'You can pretty much guess my reaction - I wanted to bed her. And we did end up in bed together.'

His face colours slightly as he relives the memory, and he frowns. 'She... I'm pretty sure nobody told her that fire wasn't the same for non-firebirds. We were fooling around, taking clothes off... and she just blasted me with some fire out of nowhere. I was really badly burned, and she started panicking, and ended up running out of the room not wearing any clothes to find help.' he pauses, looking at Jaiye, his frown deepening as he hesitates.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Morrivan wrote:

"So I guess the one good thing about having a nervous breakdown is that they let you and your friends eat lots of junk food," Morrivan said, trying to not act as nervous as she felt.

"There's always an upside." Ardiente replied optimistically, glancing at Raelle, trying his best not to smile. The situation was still pretty somber after all, but when he looked at her he couldn't help but smile.


GM Fireclaw wrote:
"Magic is amazing, isn't it?" Illy replies to that in a low and sultry voice (or, at least, as low as a Halfling teenager can manage), and looks like she's about to continue on when Vare finally turns around clears his throat. Whatever the tattoo'd halfling was about to say is cut off, as she glances to the front. She gives Lim-Mor a wink before turning to face the front.

"Today I want to talk to you about Planar Bindings." Vare says, without pre-amble, moving to his podium which was covered in notes, revealing the drawing more fully to everyone in the class. "As I'm sure some of you are aware by now, we've had a really rough weekend at Avalon. Part of that began on Saturday, when a group of reckless young students attempted to summon a demon outside of the school's walls."

"What I plan to do, is give you all a safe place to practice these types of magics, without having to resort to such insanity to satisfy your curiosity. Planar Bindings are extremely dangerous, even if you are binding Holy agents. One of the first things you must...." and the lecture continues on from this point, Vare going into great detail about the various dangers revolving around Planar Bindings, including the complex political landscapes which mages often don't consider...


Male Quasit (Demon) Gestalt Vitalist/Psion(Telepath) 16
narrator wrote:

Wasn't Zilla released already? Honestly don't remember. Maybe she wasn't.

Also, Julie could run into him with that note...hint, hint. :)

Zilla was released last night. Phaezeriel's signature is on the release documents.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Humanoid

SIM Room 3

Tryko'Sam spots Vickory approach and pass out some bags, seeing it ignored by Jeran now wolf.

"Get close, this gate will be two way-- if something tries to get through it, as you move in, I'll shut it, but you'll be dropping down in the middle from above. People tend not to look up. Go figure."

That said, and presuming they gather together a bit more, the floor in front of their feet of Casseus, Jeran and Vickory starts to open up to another location-- the summoning room.

Unless they actively move out of the way, there will soon be nothing to stand on, as they will be in the air and gravity pulling them down. The option to 'leap on in' is viable, before the portal's edge gets to them, so they can have their own motion versus merely uncontrolled falling.

-----

Cultist Kill Team:

Vickory, please list what's in the bags when you post next. Thanks.

You guys welcome to have a free surprise round of action-- however, all I request is, do NOT assume your actions are successful, against any of the NPCs here, unless informed of such. We'll go with the cinematic fight, you posting your actions/reactions to what I post, and I'll do similar with the NPCs you choose to assault/attack.

Please be sure to track your own resources, spells used, etc. And above all else, list what spells you have on you prior to leaping in. I think Vickory's the only one with Tongues at this time.

For the record, the room is a vast expanse, let's say, one football field circle, with four central massive pillars, and then another row of eight in circles, holding up the ceiling, though anyone immediately would realize they aren't needed, as the dome of this roof is the means by which it stays up, carved out of the very stone the floor and pillars are made of. You are indoors, underground, if that matters, and the only way out of this room you can see, before the portal shuts above you, are the two massive doors mentioned previously, which were mentioned leading out to hallways on opposite sides.

Four Major Summoners, Eight disciples per Major, total of thirty-six humanoid beings in the room from prior determination. The room itself has numerous shadowy sections and mostly lit by braziers and torch sources. Could be easy to sneak away, given some pillars and shadowy area. Stone floor, smoothed out, ceiling is some twenty to thirty feet high.

Any questions, feel free to PM, or Discussion post it. Warning in advance, I'm going to be out tonight after 4pm Pacific, until late, so apologies for slow down on my part.


Male Human Rogue 16/Magus 9
True Seeing:
He is wearing a blank white mask

The Smite has no effect, Renkai's soul is neither pure nor impure, [/ooc] and he whirls in place. Stepping forward he unleashes his fury into the demon.
bluff1d20 + 30 ⇒ (15) + 30 = 45 Swinging his foot towards the demon's leg, he hopes to put it off balance

1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 3 = 211d8 + 8d6 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (6) + (5, 5, 3, 3, 1, 2, 2, 6) + 2 + 8 = 43
1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 3 = 131d8 + 8d6 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (4) + (1, 6, 1, 5, 6, 1, 1, 1) + 2 + 8 = 36
1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 3 = 291d8 + 8d6 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (1) + (1, 4, 5, 4, 4, 4, 1, 2) + 2 + 8 = 36
1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 101d8 + 8d6 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (6) + (5, 6, 5, 1, 2, 4, 5, 1) + 2 + 8 = 45
1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 141d8 + 8d6 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (3) + (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 2, 6, 5) + 2 + 8 = 48

plus 8 points bleed for every successful hit

The vulnerable points on the demon will prove to be its undoing, for Renkai is able to hit these points for maximum effect

68,151 to 68,200 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1359 | 1360 | 1361 | 1362 | 1363 | 1364 | 1365 | 1366 | 1367 | 1368 | 1369 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.