Tears at Bitter Manor - Team A - "Avengers" (Inactive)

Game Master FratManCy

Hope Against Hope!
Bleak days have come to the Taldan city of Cassomir and nearby settlements, with a wave of depression and rage sparking horrific acts of violence. When retired adventurer Taergan Flinn doesn’t show up to meet with his old companions, The Golden Watch, the PCs are called upon to investigate, leading them into a swirling maelstrom of horror and tragedy. Can the PCs unmask and confront the malevolent entity behind the madness and restore hope to a tortured land?

Cassomir Map

Mothers Care Map


151 to 200 of 702 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Brawler 6 | HP 68/68 | AC: 17 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD 22 (+3 vs trip) | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 (+2 vs charm/compulsion) | Initiative: +2, Perception: +12, Speed: 30 ft.

Right, bless. Add 1 to my attack roll. Sorry about that.


COMBAT RESULTS

Initiatives:

Monsters 23
Pipernortin / Kienyach 22
Galoria 21
Stephen 15
Rafaello 11
Laralai 8

HP Tracker:

[Cacodaemon 2] +2 Fast Heal = 08/19HP
[Juju Zombie 1] ~0/22HP +1 Bleed DESTROYED

It didn't take for the combined might of the party to dispatch the lone juju zombie. Pipernortin in particular felt sudden relief as the creature that had nearly destroyed his beloved pets had met a swift and destructive death. As the party's tensions eased, it was the calming light of the Eternal Rose's energies that restored much the grievous wounds that Drips and Pavlov and whomever else was within its range.

= = = = =

end

= = = = =

So combat's over guys and gals, great job by the way. It's safe to say that the Cacodaemon that had escaped is well out of your range. So...what now?


-INACTIVE-

Woot! Nice first combat. I don't think we're done here yet, though...

"Well fought, friends," Rafaello says, lowering his holy symbol. "Pip, how are the dogs?" He nods toward Kien and Stephen in appreciation of their considerable fighting skills. "I think we were all a bit surprised by the appearance of these fiends, but you handled yourselves brilliantly."

Rafaello stares out toward Cassomir, hoping that the escaped Cacodaemon might soon be tracked down and destroyed. "Clearly, some truly nasty business has gone down at this place. Daemons and Juju Zombies... If Taergan Flinn still lives, then we must hurry and find him. Shall we give this place another look-see and make sure there are no more clues to his whereabouts?"

Rafaello will, if no one has any objections, return to the manor and begin looking about. So... am I still hearing that violin from earlier?


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

As the graces of Shelyn's restorative powers wash over Pipernortin and his dogs, the little man turns to Rafaello and gives a big smile.

"Thanks! Poor little guys... never really faced dead stuff before. Can't eat those. Well, I guess you could. Probably a bad idea though." With a nudge, he pulled his dogs back to his side, though Drips looked like he wanted to go back to sleep.

With a few more prods, Pipernortin inspects the re-dead dead thing before him. "Never heard of juju zombies, but does anyone have any idea why a daemon might be wandering around an alchemist's house?" He gave the zombie another experimental poke with his foot. "Or where these things may have came from?"

Perception, seeing if the creature has any kind of information/details/clues. Take 10 or 20 if needed, Perception 20/30 respectively.


Male Half-Elf Brawler 6 | HP 68/68 | AC: 17 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD 22 (+3 vs trip) | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 (+2 vs charm/compulsion) | Initiative: +2, Perception: +12, Speed: 30 ft.

"Don't." Is Kienyac's response to the talk of eating the dead. The brawler steps around the room, swiftly putting his foot through each of the zombie's heads to make sure they won't be coming back a second time. "Not exactly my area of expertise. We should finish the sweep. Is anybody still hurt?"


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

Pipernortin slowly points at the zombie at his feet.

"Well, him. Pretty sure there's no fixing him, though."


Rafaello:
Silence had washed over the manor once more, and in the distance, you couldn't hear the discordant tunes of the violin anymore.

Pipernortin:

The male humanoid zombie that lay at your feet was dressed in a servant's uniform, which had only been recently bloodied thanks to combat. This man appears to be a different strain of undead, it's body looks like it had been rapidly aged like saggy wrinkled leather that clung to its frame. Aside from it's shabby appearance, nothing else remains remarkable about the monster.

Basically, he looks like he spent WAY too long within a tanning bed! xD

Here's a map of the townhouse.

Obviously the blocked out parts have yet to be visited, but the Museum hadn't been visited.


Male Half-Elf Brawler 6 | HP 68/68 | AC: 17 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD 22 (+3 vs trip) | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 (+2 vs charm/compulsion) | Initiative: +2, Perception: +12, Speed: 30 ft.

Kienyach moves to the room south of them, opening the door cautiously.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

Stephen slides to a halt at the dead dead persons body.
"Woah. Where did these guys come from? Can anyone fly? One of the little ones got away. How's Galoria?"

He fishes some jerky from his pack and offers it to Drips.

"Good boy! You saved Pipernortin. You're our most valuable puppy. I'll bet that monster didn't taste very good, huh?"

He stands and follows Kienyach after ascertaining everyone is healthy. "There's a smaller building on the property, servants quarters or a guest house or something. Should check it out before we leave the property".


M Dog Drips: HP 24/24 | AC 22 (18FF/14T) | F+5, R+6, W+2 | Perc +5 ||| Pavlov HP 24/24 | AC 17 (13FF/15T) | F+5, R+6, W+2 | Perc +5

Food.

Drips raised his head and opened his mouth. It was one of the big ones, with his hand extended. And meat. Trademark drool began to drip from the sides of his muzzle as he gobbled up the offered jerky.

He loved this one. Almost as much as the little master. Almost.

Pavlov hardly noticed. The sensation of having an injury inexplicably mend itself in less than a minute was throwing the dog for a loop. He spun in circles, sniffing at the injured spot before experimentally gnawing on it a bit.


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

Pipernortin glanced up to see Stephen eagerly feeding his pups. It was nice to see someone appreciate a good dog, rather than toss a good bard out on his butt just because of some arbitrary health code violation. Who would have though that dogs weren't allowed to sample the soup before dinner? It only made sense!

"Well, this one's dressed like a servant, and drier than a dessicated desert dweller. Maybe whatever caused it's in the servant's rooms?"


-INACTIVE-

"A fair assumption, Pip," Rafaello says. "Should we assume the smaller building Stephen mentioned is the servants' housing? I say we should take a good look around this building first, but I agree that we need to poke our heads inside there before we leave."

Seeing Kien open the door to the South, Rafaello begins looking around for anything unusual.

Assuming we're talking about the Museum... if not, then I'm checking the Museum anyway before I head into the next blacked-out room.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17 Assuming I still get the +2 from being within range of Galoria. Thanks for that, by the way!


Female Half-Elf: AC 19 /13/16 / HP 39 / F +5 R +7 W +3 / Init. +3* / Perc. +12* Warden / 5

I'm assuming the resolution of Laralei and I going downstairs was supposed to have occurred. I don't see it written though.

Hearing less hostile sounds from the group now, Galoria decided it best to return to them. Having a calm visual, she put her dagger away.

"She's fine," the thief responded to Stephen. "My guess is our friend isn't in this building. Or if he is, he's out cold. Either way, we'd be better served to look at this ... servents' housing?" Though she disagreed with Rafaello's assessment of priorities, she didn't think it would make much of a difference. "Those things being here don't bode well for his health. Let's make haste."


Sorry Galoria, I had assumed we had regrouped.

Museum
A tasteful menagerie of Flinn’s travels and victories packs this large room. Paintings and memorabilia fill the perimeter, and a large glass display case with a prominent lock on its front lies in the room’s center. Inside the case rest several rolled maps, a pair of worn leather journals, and a shining iron chalice. A fine painting of Flinn and his four adventuring friends hangs on the eastern wall, behind which a wooden staircase rises to the second floor.

Figured yall needed the description of the room we're currently in. I'm assuming that Kienyach and Rafaello would check out the southern room.

Kienyach slowly opened the southern door which opened up to a large room!

Alchemy Lab

Bright windows line the exterior of this large laboratory, illuminating row after row of shelves stocked with chemical reagents, minerals and metals, and creature parts. A wooden attic door remains closed in the ceiling in the southeast corner; its dangling pull-string is perfectly still. A low partition separates a small office in the eastern third of the lab, and two stone tables take up space in the western part of the room. It’s clear that multiple alchemists perform work here.

And as you guessed it, this where Taergan Flinn worked on his craft!


Female Half-Elf: AC 19 /13/16 / HP 39 / F +5 R +7 W +3 / Init. +3* / Perc. +12* Warden / 5

Galoria follows the brawler in, nodding in approval at the selection of valuable items. "Quite the trove in here. Perhaps a cut of it for finding him is in order?.."

Perception(looking for clues): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

"I don't think so, Galoria. Wouldn't want to end our adventure with looting allegations."

Stephen has little interest or knowledge in alchemy. Unless Galoria's search turns up something relevant he'll pull the attic door open.


As the party entered the Alchemy Lab, Galoria carefully spent her time searching the room for any clues regarding what may have happened to Taergan Flinn. The lab was an impressive site, especially one for such an accomplished adventurer. Vials, jars, tonics, and materials of the likes she hadn't seen before marked much of the counters and shelf space giving the impression that Taergan wouldn't simply walk away. Like much of the house, Taergan's workshop was in an immaculate state.

Unfortunately, the only clues regarding Taergan Flinn's absence is the crime scene within his bedroom, and the destroyed monsters within his house.


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

Pipernortin, hesitant to leave his buddies outside again after what happened, pulls his dogs along into the lab. Their snouts go wild with the various scents, most of which probably stung in their sensitive noses.

Giving them a quick pat on the head to comfort them, he followed behind the others, searching the lab.

"So... I've never really had a knack for alchemy, but this all looks quite impressive. And while I'm inclined to agree with our good shield bearer, I'm not sure Taergan would mind if we used his personal stock to rescue him. Well, assuming he needs rescuing. Maybe he just had a really wild party and invited daemons and zombies? I knew a guy who did that once. Well, I know a tale about a guy who did something like that once. Turned out to be a psychopomp and a vampire, and boy did that go south quick... but that's a story for another time."

In any case, Pipernortin eagerly watches and waits while Stephen pulls the attic door open.


Female Half-Elf: AC 19 /13/16 / HP 39 / F +5 R +7 W +3 / Init. +3* / Perc. +12* Warden / 5

Galoria rolls her eyes. "Mark my words - something quite foul has happened to that man. If he's gone, he'll likely have no need for this lab or its materials. As you wish though..."

She stayed her palms. For now. It's not like the goodies are going anywhere. Besides, they still hadn't finished investigating; it was entirely possible danger lurked about.

While the door above was opened, she thought aloud. "If there's an attic, there may well be a cellar. We should take a look - outside perhaps - if we find nothing here." Someone of his status will want a place to keep things cool.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

Lore pokes his head up into the attic and looks around, holding his shield horizontally over his head in case anymore clever demons or undead are waiting to drop something on his head.

" If there was any more monsters here they definitely would have heard us by now. Probably safe enough to break in to groups of two now."


Female Half-Elf: AC 19 /13/16 / HP 39 / F +5 R +7 W +3 / Init. +3* / Perc. +12* Warden / 5

"If there's nothing of note up there, I'll be on my way outside then."


-INACTIVE-

"Anything up there in the attic?" Rafaello asks as he follows Stephen up. "Because I would love to take a look in that guest house. Let's check this place off, shall we...?"

Rafaello follows Stephen's lead and begins searching around the attic.

Perception!: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 Extra +1 from Galoria's ability. Again, I assume she is still within range. Not that that helps any off of such a crap roll...

Anything of note?


Gosh darn playing on a pbp.

Captain Andoran, ever so vigilant doesn't let anything stop his pursuit of justice. Expecting the worse, he had his trusty shield readied should anything befall him by pulling the string, and he couldn't have been anymore right. In mere seconds flat, several small containers emptied from the chute, clanged against his shield, and broke upon the laboratory's floor. The sound rung out like a banshees' wail, enveloping the room with vocal disturbance.

DM Rolls:

Burst Jar Trap.
Captain Andoran's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Rafaello's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

BURST JAR TRAP CR 4
XP 1,200
Type mechanical; Perception DC 20; Disable Device DC 20
EFFECTS
Trigger touch; Reset none
Effect One dozen burst jars fall and shatter (24 sonic
damage and 1 round later the target is permanently
deafened, Reflex DC 20 half and reduce the duration of
deafness to 1d4 rounds); multiple targets (all targets
within 5 feet take 12 points of sonic damage, Reflex DC
20 half)

Sonic Trap Deafness: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Stephen makes the save, 12points of sonic dmg
Rafeallo does not make the save, taking 12 points of sonic dmg

In seconds flat, both Stephen and Rafaello succumb to the trap.
I rolled your saves. Stephen succeeded and suffers 12 points of sonic dmg. Unfortunately, Rafaello didn't make it, and he takes 12 points of sonic dmg from splash

Allowing their senses to come back to them, Stephen and Rafaello both notice that the pullstring revealed a quick access ladder that lead to what appears to be the Alchemist's private study, the very room where they had encountered the cacodaemons.

Rafaello:

Dunno if I mentioned this, but that horrible violin player had stopped his practice some time during combat. Probably for the best. ;)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

Does Monk evasion work with mithral breastplate?


Yes because of mithril being treated as lighter armor. Stephen takes no dmg


-INACTIVE-

Ouch! Somehow I did not see that coming.

"Ouch!" Rafaello grunts. "Somehow, I did not see that coming!" He rubs his ears and says (a bit too loudly), "Are you all right, Stephen? Something tells me that could have been worse."

Looking around, Rafaello frowns in disappointment at the realization that he and Stephen's big discovery was the very room they had left only a minute before. "Well, this is disappointing," Rafaello says, and clenches his holy symbol in his hand. "Hopefully the Goddess won't mind if I share in her grace again so soon..."

Surprise! Channel Energy: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6) = 10 Ninja'd by Evasion! Well, damage or no damage, enjoy that shiny divine energy, Stephen!

Stoopid sonic bombs!


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

Pipernortin leaps nearly twice his own height backwards as the trapped doorway sends a cascade of death atop Steve and Raf. While Stephen looked relatively unharmed - he had a shield, after all - Rafaello seemed decidedly less so.

At least until the cleric called upon his goddess's aid once more. Still, Pip had to restrain his laughter as he rubbed his pups' ears. Surely the burst of sound didn't do them any favors, either. They sat, glad to have a good pat down that didn't involve fighting smell beasts.

"So, that was... interesting. Maybe we should give that room another look over, now that we've disarmed its hazards with our faces?" Without waiting for an actual response, Pipernortin follows the others up into the attic and searches it with the intent of finding something meaningful. There had to be a clue here somewhere!

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Well, damn. Maybe we can pretend I took 10 or 20 instead...?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

Stephen sees the jars plummeting towards the floor.

Oops.

With almost superhuman speed he hops back, drops to a knee and ducks behind his large shield. The concussion sends him sliding back several feet but leaves him unharmed, aside from ringing ears.

A little better than "Steve deftly dodges the sound waves", eh?

He leaps to his feet ready for a fight but nothing follows the jars out of the attic.

"I'm fine, Rafaello. I'm so sorry, that was my fault. I need to come with a warning. Paint my shield red and yellow.

For a few moments he examines his shield, concern plainly showing on his face. Convinced it was unharmed he advances up to the attic.

If it's dark, activate Ioun Torch.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


After braving the trap, Pipernortin, Stephen, and Rafaello traversed the foldable stairs upward to the attic, which was a quick access point to Taergan Flinn's private study. Coming upon the southernmost section of the small room, they easily recognized that this may have been a rather clever shortcut for the famed alchemist. After all, necessity was the mother of virtue, and even a scientist of high standards needed a direct route to his lab when the next idea would spawn.

Even after exploring the tight room, no additional clues had surfaced.

- - - -

Current Map of Townhouse

We've only the Servant's Quarters and the Outside Garden left to explore. For the moment, you've learned that there was a large bloodstain in Taergan's bedroom, cacodaemons, and monster-fied humanoids posing as servants within the alchemist's home. Seems to me something is afoul


-INACTIVE-

No, clearly nothing is afoul here! Flinn just cut himself shaving and is out for a walk.

"Very well, then," Rafaello says, dusting his hands off on his robes, "It seems we're done here. Let's have a look around the servants' house. Anyone fancy a quick looksee around the garden on the way there?"

Movin' right along.


Female Half-Elf: AC 19 /13/16 / HP 39 / F +5 R +7 W +3 / Init. +3* / Perc. +12* Warden / 5

Upset with the lack of (allowed) baubles and coupled with the lack of items of import indoors, gsloria opted to head outside as she mentioned. "Those gardens looked appealing to me, and who knows - we might even find a clue! Don't worry, Stephen, I won't touch the flowers."

With a smirk, her long raven hair trailed behind her as she led the way outside.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

"Any chance those dogs of yours are search and rescue trained?"


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

Pipernortin looked at Stephen with a perplexed look on his face. Turning to Drips and Pavlov, the pair of canines looked back at Pipernortin equally perplexed. A long strand of drool hung from Drips's muzzle. Pip looked back at Stephen.

"Define 'rescue'"


Male Half-Elf Brawler 6 | HP 68/68 | AC: 17 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD 22 (+3 vs trip) | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 (+2 vs charm/compulsion) | Initiative: +2, Perception: +12, Speed: 30 ft.

Kien gives a look of amusement at the dogs, leading Rafaello into the servant's quarters.


Garden
After realizing that the attic staircase brought the heroes back to the alchemist's private study, it was Galoria and Rafaello who deemed that the Servants Quarters should be their last stop after visiting the garden. Kienyach avoided the sun room with scorn while Pipernortin scuttled his pups along.

Entering the garden from the Museum, the party had found...that this section of the garden was merely where Taergan kept his privy. Two lacquered small rooms stood among a carefully tended garden complete with decorative flowers and succulents. They could see however that past a hedge was another untouched section of the garden. Rounding around, they made it and found...no additional clues, however, they were closer towards the Servant's Quarters.

Servant's Quarters
Despite not finding any clues within the Garden, the party then decided to enter the Servant's Quarters.

Inside this small house two simple wooden doors close off small rooms. A small table and two rocking chairs fill the main room.


-INACTIVE-

Time for the faithful ol' Perception Check!

Perception!: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21

Rafaello pokes around the first room of the Servant's Quarters.


Upon entering the first door within the Servant's Quarters, Rafaello noticed that the room was small enough to house a lone person. A small but comfortable bed was positioned against a nearby wall complete with a nightstand, and a closet that was left slightly ajar. A cursory inspection within the room revealed a small coffer containing a stamped silver bar, a strange jar, and several changes of clothes.

I'll need an appraise check and a spellcraft


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

Following along behind Raf, Pipernortin shrugs as he peers past the larger man.

"Looks servant-y to me. No alchemist and no daemons, so that's a win and a loss, I guess."

Casting detect magic.


-INACTIVE-

I can Detect Magic that too! Lemme get in on that with a Spellcraft check. Can Pip and I work together on that one?

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Yes, you most certainly can! :0

Pipernortin and Rafaello scoured the room for any magical auras, and the only one they found was the strange jar that the cleric had been holding. It was a fist sized jar that contained brilliant colored sand and particles that seemed to shimmer in the sunlight. Allowing but a brief moment, Rafaello recognized that he held a jar containing an Unguent of Timelessness.


Male Half-Elf Brawler 6 | HP 68/68 | AC: 17 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD 22 (+3 vs trip) | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 (+2 vs charm/compulsion) | Initiative: +2, Perception: +12, Speed: 30 ft.

Kien waits quietly for the spellcasters to finish their business, folding his arms and scanning the room.


-INACTIVE-

Rafaello frowns as he looks over the Unguent of Timelessness. "Used for the preservation of things formerly living," he murmurs. "What was the servant doing with this...?"

He then sticks the jar into his backpack. Sensing a disapproving glare incoming, he shrugs. "I have a strong feeling that this could be an important clue. If Flinn is offended by our taking this, I will take full responsibility." He then gestures to the stamped silver bar and says, "Would any of you lot mind taking a look at that? I doubt my family would approve, but I'm no good at appraisal. If the servants were on someone's payroll other than Flinn's, this could be a clue."

After a moment, he approaches Galoria and says quietly, "That blood splatter you examined earlier- how long did you suppose it had been there? A nasty little theory is starting to take shape in my mind..."


Female Half-Elf: AC 19 /13/16 / HP 39 / F +5 R +7 W +3 / Init. +3* / Perc. +12* Warden / 5

"Doesn't take too much of a trained eye to see - silver is silver. Who wouldn't want it?"

Appraisal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Galoria gives Rafaello's line of inquiry some thought. "Not too long ago. Are you suggesting it was placed there to mislead us? Hmm ... crafty, indeed."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

"Maybe Flinn's been dead...un-dead this whole time. Heh. We're certainly light on clues here."


Holding the stamped silver bar in her hand, Galoria discerned it's value as a month's wage, 10gp, which seemed quite lavish for a servant working under such an esteemed alchemist.

There's also the 2nd door within the Servant's Quarters. Any takers?


Male Half-Elf Brawler 6 | HP 68/68 | AC: 17 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD 22 (+3 vs trip) | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +3 (+2 vs charm/compulsion) | Initiative: +2, Perception: +12, Speed: 30 ft.

Kien takes a moment to look around the room, then carefully opens the next door.

Take 10 on perception for 21.


Male Gnome Animal Speaker Bard 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 15 (13FF/13T) | F+1, R+4, W+2 | CMD 10 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Bardic 8/9

As the unguent is passed around and examined, Pipernortin uncorks it and takes a deep whiff before quickly stopping it up and returning it to Raf.

"Whew! That's some stuff. Can't imagine our alchemist is a dead man walking if this is how he's been doing it. He'd stink halfway to the Abyss and back. Suppose it's possible, though. There were those nasty buggers who tried to taste Pavlov."

Following along behind Kien, Pip lends his gnomish eyes to the search for stuff.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


While Rafaello passed around the Unguent-of-timelessness, Pipernortin and Kien had entered the adjacent bedroom to find a similar set up. Just like the previous room, it was a servant's dwelling, possibly belonging to the female of the staff, as noted by her wardrobe which was visible from the open closet. A stamped silver bar and a jar containing the same markings as the Unguent of Timelessness rested on the nearby lamp stand. Other than those two items, it seems as if the room had not been disturbed for quite some time.


-INACTIVE-

Rafaello nods to Galoria. "It's just a theory. But, using something like this, one could make it look as if that bloodstain were still fresh. Flinn could have been gone for a great deal longer than it would seem. Why anyone would do such a thing is beyond me."

After the contents of the second room are revealed, Rafaello shrugs. "Looks like we're done here. As much as I hate to leave without knowing what really happened to Taergan Flinn, I think we've done just about everything we can. What next, then? Shall we report back to the Golden Watch, or check in on their other compatriot- the priest... Dern Fosimuth, wasn't it?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human
Stats:
Brawler/7 AC: 23,15,19; HP: 74/74; Saves: 9,10,7; Init+7; Per+11

"I fear the rest of our friends in the Golden Watch are in danger. We should check on Dern first, Verus and Branda should be relatively safe at the inn, but we should send them a message and inform the authorities. Bring the jars, leave the silver. Maybe these poor people had families."

151 to 200 of 702 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tears at Bitter Manor - Team A - "Avengers" Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.