Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


101 to 150 of 752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Loot Tracker Current Map

That old tree is the primary anchor. It's sturdy looking. If you anchor to the base of the trunk it looks like it could hold four or five people no problem.

I like that in the wake of all the chaos the just happened, Dvalin is calmly setting his line and checking his ground.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Hallvarðr finds the ground shifting beneath his feet...

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

and tries walking backwards to escape its collapse.


Male Changeling Fighter 1, Monk 1, Rogue 1, Ranger 1, Actor 5

You're good. DC is 10


Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
Stats:
AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision
DM Doomed Hero wrote:
I like that in the wake of all the chaos the just happened, Dvalin is calmly setting his line and checking his ground.

Dvalin's been mining for decades. This ain't his first rodeo with sinkholes, cave ins, or giant spiders.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Reflex Save vs 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Seeing Caderyn and others fall into the sinkhole Nisfeollyn wasn’t as aware about the ground under the board he stood on. The ground gave way, and suddenly he found himself falling for a moment until stopped by the thick webbing of a giant spider.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Torgan was laying planks when it all went to hell...

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Oh, I should have pointed that out sooner. Once the situation starts deteriorating, it goes on downward slope with more and more kinetic energy. So basically, if you were not screwed in the beginning, you end up screwed in the end..." Torgan told no one in particular.

"Oh great trickster, bless us with the power to defeat our enemies, when they least expect us to do so." Torgan started to pray to Loki. "End trust me, my lord, nobody expects us to do any good after the way we started this venture."

Looking down the hole Torgan cast bless.

Just a reminder - +1 morale bonus on attack and fear saves for next 30 rounds.


HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
Abilities:
Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

After the tumbling and rumbling stops. Cadeyrn tries to get his bearings He will then try to get unstuck and climb towards the ground.
"Can someone get my axe on their way down?"
Strength check to break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
2nd Strength check to try and break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Climb checks to get to the ground: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Will wait with what he does next, as it kind of depends on if he actually gets to the ground....


Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

Bladud growls as he climbs from the rocky rubble, then slings his shield onto his arm, black eyes set on the spider. He stalks forward, every footstep squelching with mud as he draws his morningstar from his hip.

"THE SPIDER'S DRAGGIN'IM INTO THA DARKNESS!"

Actions:
Move to stand, swift to draw quickdraw shield, then move to close on the spider (getting into melee if possible) and drawing his morningstar on the way.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Vell... thats that, He says pragmatically on hearing the news of the spider dragging the man off. TO VAR!!.

And with that cry he takes his axe in both hands and leaps in, hoping to catch the less clustered areas of the strands of web to slow his descent.

200lbs of falling dwarf and equipment should punch a hole right through a lot of the web. Trying to pick a segment that isn't so webbed that I am gonna get tangled but not so sparsely webbed as to not try to benefit. GM call on how I pull this off. Hoping for points for style...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Acrobatics to land somewhat safely

Acro (Falling) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

The webs appear to cushion him somewhat but he lands awkwardly.

2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

His stands, shaking his head, his braids flicking back and forth as he readies his axe.

Using the move action in the OOC thread to stand


Loot Tracker Current Map

Current Status Effects: Bless, +1 morale bonus on attack and fear saves.

Hal lands and picks himself up in time to see Bladud rush forward, but the spider is too deep into the corridor for Bladud to bring his blade to play.

GM Rolls:

Grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 4

The spider continued to pump venom into its prey. The injured worker struggled weakly, but was unable to break the spider's grip. More and more webs were being wound around him and the poison coursing his body was making his struggles less and less effective. He was all but dead weight.

The spider treated him as such, dragging him backwards around the corner and out of sight.

Earth Elemental gets an AoO

Spider went east on the map and is now out of sight. Light radius ends at the entrance to the corridor, so anyone without dark vision won't be able to see into the hall the spider went down.

The party is up, act in whatever order you'd like.


Bal watches helplessly as three more tumble into the pit, then stares in shock as the dwarf jumps in after them.

"They're insane. They're all insane."

Dark Archive

Vitals:
  • Regular: AC 17, Tch 13, Flat 14 -- HP 33 -- F/R/W 7/3/2 -- CMB/D 6/19
  • Raging : AC 15, Tch 11, Flat 12 -- HP 39 -- F/R/W 9/3/4 -- CMB/D 8/19
  • Skills:
  • Phys Skills: Acro 5, Climb 4, Percep 10, Surv 6
  • Mental Skills: Appraise 7, Ling 8, Know(Dungeon) 8, Know(Eng,Geo,Hist,Relig) 6
  • Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Shoanti
  • Human Barbarian (Elemenal Kin) 1 - Fighter (Lore Warden) 2

    Ach! Seriously? I need to work on my balance...but first I need to get...myself...free! Brak yells as he tries to work himself free.

    STR check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (why do the virtual dice hate me so?)

    Seeing that it's going to take a bit more work, Brak calls on his inner strength, his Strength of Tyr to try and break free, thinking this time he might...just...have it....

    STR check w/rage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    As the others begin falling or leaping into the hole Layla calls out what is meant to be a warning. "Siz orada nə qədər çox bilmirəm! İndi deyil Lanet olsun."

    Aklo:
    ""You don't know how many of them there are down there! Damn it not now."

    I know it's supposed to only happen in combat, but flavor text says it happens in times of high stress and I figure this counts


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    Earth elemental AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26, 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
    The little rock strikes the oversized spider as it drags it prey away.
    Not wanting this to happen he rushes after the creature to hound it with blows 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11(crit miss confirm:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30), 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    The celestial eagle tries to break free from it's bindings. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Meanwhile Dorian grabs his whip to cut loose a hanging axe.
    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
    If succesfull he levitates down, otherwise he stays at his altitude


    Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
    Stats:
    AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

    After Dvalin gets his seat rigged (climbing kit), he tests it and the knot around the old tree that acts as his anchor. He slowly backs out into the sink hole ready for the rock to give way before reaching the edge. The 100-ft of silk rope spools between his gauntlets.

    "Not all of us are insane," he calmly replies to Foreman Bal.


    AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

    Hal closes on the spider, snarling and yelling harsh words in his native Norse.

    map does seem to show me and I can't see the spider on it


    HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
    Abilities:
    Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
    Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

    Cadeyrn had finally managed to break free of the webbing and then slowly but steadily climbed down till he reached the cavern floor.

    It's a downright mess we got ourselves in, I hope the worker survives this ordeal. Although I think he'll be looking into different occupations, Cadeyrn thought while he straightened himself and looked around.


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    Bladud wastes no time, hustling after the retreating spider. His senses seek threats as he rounds the corner as Bladud looks for the first opportunity to rip the dying man from the spider's clutches.

    "If'a scream like'ahm dyin'," he says to anyone back over his shoulder, "just yank on ma'rope!"

    Actions/plans:
    Move to follow, as quickly as possible. Please remember he has Trap Spotter and half-range Scent, if those come into play. If he ever gets adjacent to the man, he'll drop all weapons, Rage, and try to rip the man from the spider's grip... and place himself between the spider and its meal, if possible (reposition?).

    Raging combat maneuver: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


    M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

    Here are the usual prepared spells for an “exploration” day (which this is) rather than a “catalog the dig’s artifacts” day. Level 1: Detect Secret Doors x2, Shield, Sleep. Level 2: See Invisibility x2, Locate Object

    From his position in the webs, after blinking away the dirt from his eyes, Nisfeollyn saw his familiar raven circling overhead above the sinkhole. There were worse situations to be in, but in the middle of this chaos he didn’t want to think about any of them. Seeing that he’s thirty feet above the chamber’s floor, he starts to extricate himself from the spider’s web, pulling his arms free one at a time. Once he managed to unsheathe his sword and cut through the strands, he made progress descending.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Nisfeollyn, please roll either Escape Artist or a Strength check.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Dorian's whip wrapped around the hanging axe. It came free with a tug, falling and nearly getting caught in the webs again, but somehow managing to land with a plop in the wet earth below.

    Bladud rushed forward as fast as he could on the web-encrusted ground, turing the corner to see… nothing.

    The spider was gone. Before the highlander was a fork in the path. The one straight ahead of him led to a web-covered rounded wall. The one that curved southward looked like a large jagged crack in the wall. It was larger at the top than the bottom but was still coated in webbing.

    It was hard to tell which direction the spider might have gone.

    Bladud sniffed with his sensitive nose, but he couldn't pick out anything that helped. The whole damn place smelled too strongly of dirt and spider.

    Roll perception and survival for tracking


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
    Tracking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


    The man who was stuck in the initial cave in finally managed to get his head free of his coat and looks around, blinking.

    Fala recognized him as her friend Jonas, the academic who recommended that she would be an excellent candidate for the Royal Archeological Society.

    He turned to look at the ground below and said "Oh my. That is quite a ways down."

    "Bal, can you get a rope to me? I'd like to start burning away these webs, but I'd prefer to have a safety line first."


    The big foreman quickly untied his own line and tossed it to Dvalin.

    "Since you're the sane one, maybe you can help tie off our boss. If he falls and breaks his neck, we're all unemployed."


    Loot Tracker Current Map
    Bladud wrote:

    [dice=Perception]1d20 + 8

    [dice=Tracking]1d20 + 7

    The wall in front of Bladud wasn't a wall. It looked like some kind of trap door with some kind of hinge at the top made of webbing.

    He still couldn't tell where the spider went though. The crack was probably big enough for the spider to fit through. Either direction was plausible.


    Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
    Stats:
    AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision
    Foreman Bal wrote:

    The big foreman quickly untied his own line and tossed it to Dvalin.

    "Since you're the sane one, maybe you can help tie off our boss. If he falls and breaks his neck, we're all unemployed."

    Dvalin caught the line and looped the coil over a shoulder. "Which one is our boss? I barely know these other surveyors." Dvalin replies while continuing to steadily rappel down into the cave.


    "The skinny one who wasn't on the wagon with you. His name's Jonas."


    AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

    Hal backs the highlander up when searches for tracks and moves up next to him when he decides to move.

    Vhich Vay?, his accent heavy and voice hoarse, as if excited.


    M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

    Escape Artist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


    HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
    Abilities:
    Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
    Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

    Cadeyrn saw his axe fall down in front of him and looked up shouting, "Thanks for getting it down."

    "Keep your eyes peeled everyone, there might be more than one spider around!", he said before picking up his greataxe while going in Bladud's direction as fast as he could muster on the unfamiliar cavern floor.


    Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
    Stats:
    AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

    After Dvalin negotiates the walk over and sets his footing on the cavern wall, he pauses and surveys the scene. Seeing all the webbing, be calls out to the cavern, "HAIL THE CAVERN! CLEAR THE WEBBING! I WILL BURN IT AWAY! CALL OUT IF YOU ARE NOT CLEAR!"
    ___________________________________
    Perception take 10+10=20


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    Having successfully cut loose the axe of his accursed bloodkin, Dorian attempts to cut loose his Summoned ally as well. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. if unsuccessful the eagle tries to break loose: Str check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. Else it flies down the corridors looking for spiders too attack.
    If Dorian succeeds he takes a move action levitate to the floor.


    AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

    I should now be next to Bladud where ever he is


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    The elemental pressed itself slowly into the floor, struggling against the webbing, then started through the ground after the spider. The ground rippled for a moment beneath Bladud and Halvardr, but then it was gone.


    "Clear the webbing, he says." The man in the coat said straining against it. "As if the very nature of webbing didn't complicate that particular request."

    "Fala," he called up. "There is a green bottle in my trunk. It is a solvent that might serve to get us free of this confounded stuff."


    "On it, boss!" Fala called down, taking off at a careful run back down the hill.


    "Can any of you up here do that water creation trick?" the foreman asked the Surveyors who were still above ground.


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    Lyla strode forward the stand before the forman. "I can conjure water, what d'you need?"


    "Fire control. I think if we just go ahead and light the webs, we can keep it away from our boys if we just dump water down on them when the fires get close. What do you think?"


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    "Sounds like a plan" Lyla responded carefully making her way towards the edge of the hole.


    "Someone light up those webs!" Bal barked "We'll keep the fires off of you from up here!"


    Jonas looked around and spotted the hanging plank that had fallen down with Cadeyrn. He extended a hand and spoke a word that seemed to sear the air.

    A five foot wide ball of fire coalesced on the plank. The thick webs immediately flared up, fire racing in all directions.

    "Get ready!"


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    Lyla prepared, focusing on a spot in the air above the hole, lining up with the first of those she saw in danger of being burned.

    Readied action to cast Create water


    Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

    Hmm, water, good idea. Too bad I have not prepared that. I feel a bit useless now.

    Is there something I can do to help at the moment? Torgan turned to the obvious head of the site.


    Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
    Stats:
    AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

    Hey, idea stealer! Burning the webs was Dvalin's.

    Dvalin sees the massive flaming sphere and shakes his head concluding, I guess they are all clear of the webbing now. Then he begins repeating a mantra in his head as he methodically sets fire to the webbing attached to the walls with the snap of his fingers, always use a pick for precision work after the a hammer. "Fire in the hole!"


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    As the flames erupted Lyla focused 25 ft down, above the heads of Nisfeollyn, Jonas & Brak, those most surrounded by webbing. As she made a brief swirling gesture, a small torrent of water materialized, cascading down on the two men to protect them from the worst of the flames.

    4 gallons of water


    M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

    Nisfeollyn closed his eyes to calm himself in preparation for the upcoming fire. He knew the webs would burn quickly. He chastised himself for not learning a spell to slow a falling person. He sang an elven melody to himself, building his optimism for the fall and the feat of agility for him to avoid serious harm.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    The fire around the sphere spreads quickly, burning out the center of the mass of webbing. Lyla's water keeps the flames clear of the tangled surveyors. Dvalin's carefully placed spark of flame separates one of the web's primary anchors.

    All at once, the web collapsed, bringing everyone to the sodden ground.

    Brak and Nisfeolyn give me a DC 15 Acrobatics check. If you fail you take 1d6 falling damage and are prone.

    The plank the sphere had been sitting on swung down in an arc, endangering those in it's path.

    Caderyn and Nisfeolyn, please give me a DC 12 Reflex save to dodge the swinging plank. Nisfeolyn, if you are prone when you land, you do not need to make this save.


    HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
    Abilities:
    Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
    Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

    When he saw everything coming down Cadeyrn tried to dodge out of the way.
    Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

    101 to 150 of 752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.