Regular Joes

Game Master John Napier 698

AD&D, 1E-feeling campaign. PC's start at Level 1. PF basic rules.

Don't get comfortable.


701 to 718 of 718 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

With the stairwell clear, the party lights torches and goes down into the dark.

At the bottom, they find themselves in a 15' by 15' room with a single door in the center of the opposite wall.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Any signs of passage here?" says Aeden. She bends down and brushes a finger across the floor, checking for dust, webs, tracks, or blood.


M Male N Ranger | HP 12/12| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F:+ 3, R: +4, W: +1; | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Combat Reflexes (3 AOOs/round, threaten at both 5ft and 10 ft)

Tassadar checks the room for traps then kicks open the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Aeden, make a Perception check.
Tassadar, you don't see any traps.


M halfling CN Unchained Rog1/Sor1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 17, 15, 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | Arcane Bolt 7/7

Flouncy looks for possible traps, too. perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

He then readies himself for trouble, in case there is any.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


There are no traps that you can see, Flouncy. Aeden sees drops of blood here and there, probably centuries old.


M halfling CN Unchained Rog1/Sor1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 17, 15, 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | Arcane Bolt 7/7

Hang on, Tassadar. You'll bend the mechanism.

If the door won't yield to a kick, Flouncy will try to unlock it.

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


M Male N Ranger | HP 12/12| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F:+ 3, R: +4, W: +1; | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Combat Reflexes (3 AOOs/round, threaten at both 5ft and 10 ft)

Tassadar rubs his sore foot as the door stubbornly refuses to budge. "Yeah, you're right."


Flouncy opens the lock, revealing a dark hallway.

Those with Darkvision see:
There are several doors about 30 feet ahead.


M Male N Ranger | HP 12/12| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F:+ 3, R: +4, W: +1; | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Combat Reflexes (3 AOOs/round, threaten at both 5ft and 10 ft)

"More doors." Tassadar says laconically, then moves into the room ahead.


M halfling CN Unchained Rog1/Sor1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 17, 15, 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | Arcane Bolt 7/7

Great, Flouncy mutters, peering into the dark. He follows the ranger.


Male Human Magus - 1

Jared ignites a torch and follows Flouncy.


Goldus follows Jared.


M halfling CN Unchained Rog1/Sor1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 17, 15, 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | Arcane Bolt 7/7

Maybe you can open some of these without hurting your foot... Flouncy says, feeling a little small for the job.


M Male N Ranger | HP 12/12| AC: 17 (12 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F:+ 3, R: +4, W: +1; | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Combat Reflexes (3 AOOs/round, threaten at both 5ft and 10 ft)

"I tell you what. You check the doors aren't locked. Once that's determined, then I'll try to kick them open."Tassadar replies.

He then checks that the doors are not trapped.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

One perception check for each door... That should be enough to cover 10 doors worth.


I'll work out the room details tomorrow, on my day off.


M halfling CN Unchained Rog1/Sor1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 17, 15, 13 | CMB: -3, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 | Arcane Bolt 7/7

OK.

701 to 718 of 718 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Regular Joes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.