Doom of Cormanthyr

Game Master EltonJ

The player characters are sent back in time by Elminster the Sage.


1 to 50 of 226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Okay, you can introduce your character in an RP. Laheo will get you eventually. I post the extraction tomorrow morning (hopefully before I go to Topps, but we'll see).


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4

Luile starts walking with a couple muffins she is snacking on as she walks. As she strolls through the streets, she notices a stranger who seems to be searching for something, or someone. Luile considers the stranger for a moment before deciding to investigate. "You look lost. Can I help you find where you are going?"

Assuming the man is Elminster's scribe, but easy enough to go a different direction. Even another player if they want to.


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5

Kel stared accusingly at her wine glass. Empty already?!?

The Moon elf slouched over the tabletop and started twirling the wine glass gently on the tabletop with a palpable air of depression. The Oak and Spear’s dimly-lit taproom was quiet in the mid-afternoon lull. The only sounds were the gentle notes of the harpist’s background music and an occasional click as the barkeep polished the finer glassware.

The Oghmanytes aren’t hiring guards - not even Celestial-speaking ones - and Silverhand House won’t be taking in a new training cohort for another three months. I should go back to Semberholme and try Highmoon again next season.

Kel banged her forehead gently against the table edge. Except that home will be unbearable now that my dear sister-in-law is pregnant again. I need a job away from home!


F Diviner Wizard 5 | HP 28 / 28 (0 NL) AC 17 T13 FF14 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | F +3 R +5 W +6 init +11 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Appraise +6, Alchemy +15, Kn: Arc +14, Kn: Dung+14, Kn: Hist+14, Kn: Nat+14, Kn: Planes +14, Perception +12, Spellcraft +14

'So this is Shadowdale' thought Nim as she strolled along the one main street that ran north to south, it intersected another much smaller street running east to west, just off of which was her destination. It seemed peaceful enough, a bit boring if she was being honest. It probably hadn't changed much in the thousand odd years since her birth.

A thousand years, that was a long time even by the reckoning of elves and she doubted she'd ever get used to it. Of course that was why she'd agreed to this mad scheme, and it was mad. One of the prevailing theories sages had about time was that it was like a tree, branching infinitely with every decision. Another set of sages held that this was complete rubbish and if you somehow went back to change history you'd cause a paradox and the universe would disappear in a puff of logic. Nim privately hoped that this latter theory wasn't true, but what if it was?!

So it was that Nim found herself rather distracted by existential angst as she knocked on the door of Elminster's tower. Having an analytic mind she examined this from various directions and came to the conclusion that she wasn't worried about what would happen to herself, rather what would might happen to everyone else and moreover what had happened to everyone else back home in Myth Drannor.


Male Moon elf Bard 1 / Oracle 4

Calardanion blinks, sunlight getting into his eyes. Coming out of his reverie about magical items, and their histories and usages, he takes stock of his surroundings.

Quote:
"You look lost. Can I help you find where you are going?"

A little startled, the male elf glances around trying to locate the speaker. Spying the kobold with muffins in hand, he considers.

"You are talking to me? Ah, yes. Sometimes my connection to Deneir makes it hard to reacclimatize to the day to day life. Could you remind me where we are? And perhaps directions to the nearest library or bookshop. First time travelling in a while."


The moon elf enters onto the stage. He is dressed in the colors of Corellon Larathian and wears the symbol of the Father of Elves. a long sword at his side. At the same time he wears spell component pouches, the smell of roses, sweet spices and even death seem to come from the pouches, the wares of a wizard.

The elf feels that he has been here, many life times ago, or was that more recent than one lifetime. He is not sure and so walks around both knowing and not knowing where he is going.


half elf

Slowly, a rather dirty and grubby half elf hobbles along, leaning on a bone tipped short spear as if using it to give him stregnth, and perhaps hope. His brown hair looks almost black as "stuff" cakes the tight curls making them cling together like piglets begging for a teat on the sow. His breeches and shoes look worse for the wear as if they belong to some one else as they drape and flop along the folds of his malnutritioned body. The billow of his tunic almost hides the retched condition of a seemingly weak torso. The appearance makes up a pretty frail and pitiful creature although, the glint of rebellion's light in his eyes and the definitive grip on the spear create a discombobulation of considerations.
He speaks I wonder....hmmm...I wonder !!!!!!!!!! as he glances around at the myriad of folk hanging around. I wonder who chose all of us from the rabble?


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4
Calardanion Hadron wrote:


"You are talking to me? Ah, yes. Sometimes my connection to Deneir makes it hard to reacclimatize to the day to day life. Could you remind me where we are? And perhaps directions to the nearest library or bookshop. First time travelling in a while."

"A fellow seeker of books! I am headed that way myself. Last time I was here I was told there would be a new book on Myth Drannor." She leads the way to books. The handle of sword visible on her back, poking out from under a dull green cloak, clashing somewhat with the blue and purple of the clothes underneath.


Male Moon elf Bard 1 / Oracle 4

"Myth Drannor? How exciting!!!" Calardanion's eyes light up at the prospect.

"I am extremely fortunate to encounter someone else who appreciates the value of books! Tell me, what subjects interest you the most?"

He cheerfully follows Luile, looking around with bright eyed curiosity.


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4

"Well, I am most familiar with history, but I'll read whatever I can get ahold of." Luile says, before finishing off her first muffin, breaking the second in half and offering the half still in the paper with a beautifully gloved hand.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Luile and Calardanion:
A bright orange-yellow circle of flames appear in a stone wall close to where you are. It starts small, but it grows wider. First pigeon sized, then fox sized, then wolf sized, and finally man-sized. You can see into a room that is full of books. All with different colored spines. Out of the circle steps a man in red, someone you're not familiar with.

"Calardanion Hadron, and Luile the kobold," he says. "My name is Laheo, the scribe of Elminster of Shadowdale. I'm afraid you have to come with me through the gateway. No time to explain to you now. But the danger to Shadowdale is too great. Come with me, the gate is two way."

Strigh:
A bright orange-yellow circle of flames appear in a stone wall close to where you are. It starts small, but it grows wider. First pigeon sized, then fox sized, then wolf sized, and finally man-sized. You can see into a room that is full of books. All with different colored spines. Out of the circle steps a man in red, someone you're not familiar with.

"Ah, Strigh," says the man. "You have been one of the ones chosen to save Shadowdale. My name is Laheo, scribe to Elminster. Your talents are urgently needed. Come through the gate with me, it's a two way gate."

Kel Darkblade:
A bright orange-yellow circle of flames appear before your table, breaking your reverie. It starts small, but it fans out wider. First pigeon sized, then fox sized, then wolf sized, and finally man sized. You can see into a room that is full of books. A library of sorts. Out of the circle steps a man in red, someone not vaguely familiar.

"Kel Darkblade," he states. "Your talents are urgently needed to save Shadowdale. My name is Laheo, the scribe to Elminster. Come through the gate with me, it's a two way gate."

Kemian Brightwhisper:
A bright orange-yellow circle of flames appear before you, breaking your reverie. It starts small, but it fans out wider. First pigeon sized, then fox sized, then wolf sized, and finally man sized. You can see into a room that is full of books. A library of sorts. Out of the circle steps a man in red, someone not vaguely familiar.

"Kemian Brightwhisper of Correllon Larethian," says the man in red. "You are needed urgently to save Shadowdale. I am Laheo, scribe to Elminster. You have been chosen by Correllon Larethian for an important deed."

Nimrodel:
A funny looking man in red steps out of the alley beside you. He's Laheo, the scribe to Elminster. You've seen him before, even when you are buying goods at the local farmer's market. There are many farms in Shadowdale, most of them north of here.

"Nimrodel of Shadowdale," says Laheo. "You are needed at Elminster's tower, post haste. Your talents are needed to save Shadowdale. Come with me."


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4

Luile shouts a warning and stands back with a hand on her sword when she notices the strange magic start to appear.

As the man introduces himself, Luile warily and perhaps hesitantly enters the portal in front of her newfound companion.


F Diviner Wizard 5 | HP 28 / 28 (0 NL) AC 17 T13 FF14 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | F +3 R +5 W +6 init +11 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Appraise +6, Alchemy +15, Kn: Arc +14, Kn: Dung+14, Kn: Hist+14, Kn: Nat+14, Kn: Planes +14, Perception +12, Spellcraft +14

Nim blinked at the man in surprise, "How did yo.. Nevermind. You're his scribe aren't you." A certain professional curiosity stirred, she'd visited the chambers of several powerful spell casters back when she was studying at the Incanistaeum. Some had been extradimensional spaces filled with wonders designed to inspire awe, others had been spartan, monastic even. What would Elminster's be like?

She blinked at the man once more before replying cautiously as she followed him, "Okaay, what seems to be the problem? I mean I'm sure there's half a dozen more capable spell casters within five miles of here, how could I help where they can't?"


Male Moon elf Bard 1 / Oracle 4

"Oooh, library!!! And of course, we will help Shadowdale. Pleasure to meet you Laheo!"

Calardanion eagerly follows Luile through the portal.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Nimrodel_ wrote:

Nim blinked at the man in surprise, "How did yo.. Nevermind. You're his scribe aren't you." A certain professional curiosity stirred, she'd visited the chambers of several powerful spell casters back when she was studying at the Incanistaeum. Some had been extradimensional spaces filled with wonders designed to inspire awe, others had been spartan, monastic even. What would Elminster's be like?

She blinked at the man once more before replying cautiously as she followed him, "Okaay, what seems to be the problem? I mean I'm sure there's half a dozen more capable spell casters within five miles of here, how could I help where they can't?"

"Perhaps you have a talent they don't have, plus he thought you might be able to contribute in some way," Laheo explained as they walked.

"There is a new timeline coming upon us," Laheo described. "Probably something from the Moonsea, but what ever it is -- it's situated right at Cormanthyr's destruction. Something is happening at that critical time juncture."


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5

Shadowdale? I could ask what that’s got to do with me, but ... “any port in a storm”. At least this sounds more interesting than going back home.

“That sounds like an intriguing job offer,” Kel said. Looking over at the dumbfounded barkeep, she continued. “If my family asks, please let them know that I’m on a special contract for someone in Shadowdale.”

She dropped a tip on the table, tossed another coin at the harpist’s feet - impressed that he'd just continued playing - and grabbed her gear.

“Alright then, let’s go!” Kel grinned at Laheo before striding through the flaming circle.


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4

Luile looks around as she responds to Cal, "Mr Hadron, you shouldn't be so quick to believe what you are told. I imagine this true, as it would take a powerful mage to do this, but that doesn't mean it isn't an enemy seeking to lure one of us into a compromising position. It's a possibility at least. If you believe everything so readily, you'll get taken advantage of, or killed."

Luile detects magic, though avoids looking at their host, mainly to see if the room they were brought to is an illusion. She's careful though, to avoid looking at anything too bright.


The elven cleric looks at the man in red Thank you for your introduction and your library does look inviting, but why would the First of the Seladrine speak through a human vessel to one of his clerics?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Kemian Brightwhisper:

Kemian Brightwhisper wrote:
The elven cleric looks at the man in red Thank you for your introduction and your library does look inviting, but why would the First of the Seladrine speak through a human vessel to one of his clerics?

"We have a cleric of Corellon Larethian who has sided with us," Laheo explained. "We asked for a communion, as Shadowdale is in danger."

Kel Darkblade:

Laheo just shakes his head, and helps Kel through the portal he made. "You seem eager, that's for sure," he said. "Elminster might like you."

Luile and Calardanion Hadron:

As Luile does detect magic, she finds that there is no magic in the library. Indeed there was no illusion in this place. It just happened to be Laheo's private study. Laheo puts a wand on the stand where he writes. His stand is made of cedarwood, stained with a cherry stain. You see ladders around the place, used to pick up books. and there is a stairwell that goes up to a door that is made of mahogany and has four windows to it. The door seems to be built into the wall.


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5

"Thank you," Kel replied as she looked around curiously at their destination. "So, what's the problem? What's threatening Shadowdale and how am I supposed to help?"

Also, is there any reward involved?


F Diviner Wizard 5 | HP 28 / 28 (0 NL) AC 17 T13 FF14 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | F +3 R +5 W +6 init +11 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Appraise +6, Alchemy +15, Kn: Arc +14, Kn: Dung+14, Kn: Hist+14, Kn: Nat+14, Kn: Planes +14, Perception +12, Spellcraft +14

Nim's eyebrows rose, "Well that sounds ominous... Wait, Cormanthyr's destruction?! Er..." She gave Laheo a sidelong glance, "That's rather a long time in the past isn't it."


Male Moon Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 5

The silvery haired elf walked out the gates of Silverymoon; perhaps for the last time. He had completed his quest. Tahl’larlylth was safely ensconced in the family pile once more. His father had been delighted at the sight of the heirloom blade, reveling in it's beauty. He had congratulated his son on having accomplished the impossible before noticing the look on Castien's face. Realization dawned and his shoulders slumped. Tahl’larlylth had rejected his only child. He had moved to console his son, but Castien put up a hand to forestall him. Shaking his head, he turned and left without a word never looking back.

The open road lay ahead and only the future held his destiny.


half elf

Strigh pauses only momentarily once the portal arrives. With a grin that says "let the mischief begin" and a disappearing hobble, the half elf ducks into the library and quickly glances around taking note of his now new surroundings.


The elf accepts with some reservation.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Castien Telendel wrote:

The silvery haired elf walked out the gates of Silverymoon; perhaps for the last time. He had completed his quest. Tahl’larlylth was safely ensconced in the family pile once more. His father had been delighted at the sight of the heirloom blade, reveling in it's beauty. He had congratulated his son on having accomplished the impossible before noticing the look on Castien's face. Realization dawned and his shoulders slumped. Tahl’larlylth had rejected his only child. He had moved to console his son, but Castien put up a hand to forestall him. Shaking his head, he turned and left without a word never looking back.

The open road lay ahead and only the future held his destiny.

A bright orange-yellow circle of flames appear before you, breaking your reverie. It starts small, but it fans out wider. First pigeon sized, then fox sized, then wolf sized, and finally man sized. You can see into a room that is full of books. A library of sorts. Out of the circle steps a man in red, someone not vaguely familiar.

"Castien Telendel, you have been chosen for a task," the man begins. "My name is Laheo, the scribe of Elminster. And I have been sent to get you by Elminster. Shadowdale is in trouble, and we need you to help sort the trouble out."


Male Moon elf Bard 1 / Oracle 4

"A valid warning." Calardanion nods in response to Luile, his eyes flicking over the titles of the books around them.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Calardanion Hadron wrote:
"A valid warning." Calardanion nods in response to Luile, his eyes flicking over the titles of the books around them.

"I see that you are interested in my library," Laheo said.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Nimrodel_ wrote:
Nim's eyebrows rose, "Well that sounds ominous... Wait, Cormanthyr's destruction?! Er..." She gave Laheo a sidelong glance, "That's rather a long time in the past isn't it."

"Yes, it is," said Laheo. "But something is affecting the past. Shadowdale could very well be doomed."


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4
EltonJ wrote:
Calardanion Hadron wrote:
"A valid warning." Calardanion nods in response to Luile, his eyes flicking over the titles of the books around them.
"I see that you are interested in my library," Laheo said.

"He is not the only one, but more importantly, I do wonder why you brought us. Why us, and are you bringing others as well, or are you expecting us to handle it ourselves, or do you just need us to carry your bags?" Luile asks with only a hint of suspicion in her voice.


F Diviner Wizard 5 | HP 28 / 28 (0 NL) AC 17 T13 FF14 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | F +3 R +5 W +6 init +11 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Appraise +6, Alchemy +15, Kn: Arc +14, Kn: Dung+14, Kn: Hist+14, Kn: Nat+14, Kn: Planes +14, Perception +12, Spellcraft +14
Laheo wrote:
"But something is affecting the past. Shadowdale could very well be doomed."

"Really?" replied Nim dubiously, "The past is supposed to be immutable... I mean if what you say is actually true, then it's not just Shadowdale that's in danger!"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Luile wrote:
EltonJ wrote:
Calardanion Hadron wrote:
"A valid warning." Calardanion nods in response to Luile, his eyes flicking over the titles of the books around them.
"I see that you are interested in my library," Laheo said.
"He is not the only one, but more importantly, I do wonder why you brought us. Why us, and are you bringing others as well, or are you expecting us to handle it ourselves, or do you just need us to carry your bags?" Luile asks with only a hint of suspicion in her voice.

"I'm getting others," Laheo said. "When everyone is here, Elminster will explain."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Nimrodel_ wrote:
Laheo wrote:
"But something is affecting the past. Shadowdale could very well be doomed."
"Really?" replied Nim dubiously, "The past is supposed to be immutable... I mean if what you say is actually true, then it's not just Shadowdale that's in danger!"

"All of our future is in danger," said Laheo. "Elminster will explain more."


Might I be able to study in the archmagus' library during my soujourn there? he inquires.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kemian Brightwhisper wrote:
Might I be able to study in the archmagus' library during my soujourn there? he inquires.

Laheo chuckles a bit. "I don't know, but it's a distinct possibility."


half elf

Strigh finds a area out of the way of where the others are arriving and sits down. He presents as if he is meditating although in reality he is watching and cataloguing the possible usefulness of each new comer.


Male Moon Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 5
EltonJ wrote:

A bright orange-yellow circle of flames appear before you, breaking your reverie. It starts small, but it fans out wider. First pigeon sized, then fox sized, then wolf sized, and finally man sized. You can see into a room that is full of books. A library of sorts. Out of the circle steps a man in red, someone not vaguely familiar.

"Castien Telendel, you have been chosen for a task," the man begins. "My name is Laheo, the scribe of Elminster. And I have been sent to get you by Elminster. Shadowdale is in trouble, and we need you to help sort the trouble out."

Castien started at ring of fire as it appeared and quickly expanded in the space before him. The Sage's scribe spoke, but his words were flat. The moon elf nodded and made a vague gesture of dismissal cum acquiescence and followed the servant through the magic portal. As he entered the library, he absently looked around more from an ingrained habit than any sense of curiosity. Truly it was an impressive collection of books and he had rarely seen such a mass of volumes anywhere else.


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5
Kel Darkblade wrote:

"Thank you," Kel replied as she looked around curiously at their destination. "So, what's the problem? What's threatening Shadowdale and how am I supposed to help?"

Also, is there any reward involved?

Not hearing any reply, Kel looked questioningly back at Laheo.

"Well?" she prodded him verbally.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kel Darkblade wrote:
Kel Darkblade wrote:

"Thank you," Kel replied as she looked around curiously at their destination. "So, what's the problem? What's threatening Shadowdale and how am I supposed to help?"

Also, is there any reward involved?

Not hearing any reply, Kel looked questioningly back at Laheo.

"Well?" she prodded him verbally.

"a time shift, hundreds of years ago," said Laheo. "Elminster may think it's because of the Bane Blades of Demron, but I think it has to do with the army of darkness."

He didn't hear your thought.


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5
Kel Darkblade wrote:

"Thank you," Kel replied as she looked around curiously at their destination. "So, what's the problem? What's threatening Shadowdale and how am I supposed to help?"

Also, is there any reward involved?

Kel Darkblade wrote:

Not hearing any reply, Kel looked questioningly back at Laheo.

"Well?" she prodded him verbally.

EltonJ wrote:

"a time shift, hundreds of years ago," said Laheo. "Elminster may think it's because of the Bane Blades of Demron, but I think it has to do with the army of darkness."

He didn't hear your thought.

I wouldn't have expected Laheo to hear Kel's thought. It was more to explain to the GM (and other players) what's on her mind.

Whaaat?

"A time shift a hundred years ago?!? How does one even discover that, let alone fix it?" Kel inquired with some astonishment.

The Army of Darkness is what destroyed the old kingdom, if I recall correctly. But the 'Bane Blades of Demron' ... Where have I heard of those before?

Knowledge (History):
*face palms*

I'm still trying to get the hang of using aliases, so I accidentally posted under my main account. Fixing that messed up my dice roll for Knowledge (History) because it omitted the original spoiler.

Anyway, the original dice roll produced a Knowledge (History) result of 19.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Kel Darkblade wrote:


I wouldn't have expected Laheo to hear Kel's thought. It was more to explain to the GM (and other players) what's on her mind.

Whaaat?

"A time shift a hundred years ago?!? How does one even discover that, let alone fix it?" Kel inquired with some astonishment.

The Army of Darkness is what destroyed the old kingdom, if I recall correctly. But the 'Bane Blades of Demron' ... Where have I heard of those before?

** spoiler omitted **

Kel Darkblade:

You hear that the elves developed some swords enchanted with magic that could cut down demons. They were made in Myth Drannor as the war with the Army of Darkness started.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

You all arrive in Laheo's study by now. Some people are looking at the books, and others are just trying to get comfortable.

"Now that you are all here, Elminster should be arriving shortly," Laheo said.


half elf

Strigh merely raises his eyebrows at the mention of Elominster arriving.


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5

Kel found herself a seat, dropped her pack beside it, and settled in to look around carefully at the others.

Six others: another warrior of sorts, a probable spellcaster, a worshipper of Corellon, a worshipper of a human deity - an odd choice for one of us - a disreputable-looking half-blood, and a kobold with one of our holy symbols. This already has the earmarks of an unusual group; that, plus the mention of a "time shift", would indicate that something really strange is in the works.

I'm assuming that taking 10 on Knowledge (Religion) (= 15 for Kel) will identify any visible holy symbols on Kemian, Calardanion, and Luile.

"Hello, there!" she addressed the room at large in Elven with a brief smile. "I'm Kélebrindal 'Mormakil' ná Koronmänthar. 'Kel' for short." Crossing her mental fingers, the tall Moon elf added "भवद्भ्यः सर्वेभ्यः कोरेलोनस्य आशीर्वादः!"

For those who understand Celestial:
"The blessings of Corellon on you all!"

There, any responses to that will hopefully let me know who'll understand me if - or when - the screaming and running starts. Nobody gathers this sort of group if they don't expect screaming and running at some point.

Settling back in her chair and absent-mindedly tapping the base of her breastplate, Kel awaited any replies.


The moon elf cleric/wizard nods in greetings to the assembled group.


F Kobold Pal1/Sor4

"Hello, I'm Luile, ward of house Galastacia." the little blue kobold speaks politely.


F Diviner Wizard 5 | HP 28 / 28 (0 NL) AC 17 T13 FF14 | CMB +2 CMD 15 | F +3 R +5 W +6 init +11 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Appraise +6, Alchemy +15, Kn: Arc +14, Kn: Dung+14, Kn: Hist+14, Kn: Nat+14, Kn: Planes +14, Perception +12, Spellcraft +14

Nim surveyed the eclectic crowd, mostly elves but there appeared to be a kobold which was unusual but not unheard of in the Myth Drannor she knew. Nodding to Kélebrindal she replied, "Well met, I am Nimrodel although my friend call me Nym." To any elves present, Nimrodel's accent and speech would sound rather old fashioned. Speaking the way their ancestors might once have done.

When Kel spoke in celestial, she smiled and thought for a moment before saying in a most peculiar tongue, "እዚ ምሁር ጉጅለ ካልእ እንታይ ዓይነት ቋንቋታት ይዛረብ ኣሎ ዝብል ሕቶ ኣሎኒ"

Draconic:
I wonder what other languages are spoken by this learned group?


half elf

Well now, Ain't I the odd one out. Bet I have less learning than everyone else except maybe the annoyingly polite kobold. Strigh sardonically thinks as the others speak out.


F Moon Elf Ftr 4/Ora. 1 |HP 50 / 50 (0 NL) |AC 22, T 15, FF 18, Mobility, Run, +4 dodge vs. Orcs | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F +8, R +4, W +3; Fear +1, Ability + Energy drain/Death effects/Ench. +2 | Immune: magical sleep, light-based blindness + dazzled | Init +7 | Spd 40', Run
Some skills:
Appr. +5, Kn.Dng. +5, Kn.Eng. +5, Kn.Geog. +2, Kn.Hist. +5, Kn.Loc. +2, Kn.Nob. +2, Kn.Pl. +5, Kn.Rel. +5, Ling. +5 (Elven, Common, Chondathan, Damaran, Shou, Goblin, Orc, Jotun, *Celestial*), Perc. +2, SM +3, Spell. +5

So far, no responses in Celestial. Normally, that wouldn't bode well for communication with me during battle, Kel thought to herself. But surely some of the more religious-looking types would have learnt Celestial?

"Unfortunately, I don't understand that language," she told Nim in Elven. Might as well take the bull by the horns since no one responded to my admittedly very indirect question. "Do any of you speak Celestial?" Kel enquired hopefully of the group as a whole.

Speaking of horns ...

"And greetings to you too, Titta Angulókë," she added to Luile.

"Titta Angulókë" means "Tiny Dragon" in the Quenya form of Elven


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Gotcha.

Still others need to respond. :) I'll give them a day before I post.

1 to 50 of 226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doom of Cormanthyr Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.