PFS PbP Gameday V - #7-00 The Sky Key Solution (tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Uktar

This Scenario is a Special being run as part of the Official PFS PbP Game Day V.

Overseer GM Thread: Overseer
Overarching Map/Status Page: Status

Our group's current Map
campaign images


1 to 50 of 561 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

At long last, the Pathfinder Society has reassembled the Numerian device known as the Sky Key. Initial tests suggest it is capable of projecting a location’s past into the present, allowing Society agents to peruse books from destroyed libraries and speak with echoes of long-dead heroes. Now that it has perfected the Sky Key’s controls, the Pathfinder Society is prepared to extract a slice of Absalom’s history and bring it into the present; however, there’s no telling what might be waiting inside—or who in the present might wish to wield the same power.
Written by Crystal Frasier.

This is a recruitment thread for The Sky Key Solution for the 5th PbP Gameday. The game will run from August 27th to October 11th. Either Tier 1-2 or 3-4, depending upon who/what signs up, first come, first served.
Since this is a timed scenario run across multiple tables, I will expect at least one post a day for each participant, in order to keep up with the other tables. I reserve the right to put you in delay to keep things moving.

To sign up, please post the following information:
Player Name (or alias):
Character Name:
PFS#:
Dayob if applicable:
Email address: You're welcome to pm it to me (or put it in a spoiler).
Specialty: Anything special I should know, a boon, a game mechanic that you use, etc.

I will also need you to have all your character details entered in your profile or provide a link to your character sheet (you can signup now, then provide character sheet/details no later than Aug 23).

Link to PbP Gameday official page

As always: Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Dark Archive

M half-orc bloodrager (Steelblood rageshaper) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 / T: 11 / FF: 19 | Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | Init: +1, Perception: +6 | Bloodrage 13/13 | Conditions: None

.

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 3 (empiricist) | HP 27/27, inspiration 2/4, 3 Str damage | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs giants, +1 vs traps) | F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLAs, +1 vs traps) | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush/trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +9+1d6 (+10+1d6 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Present.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

Dotting in.


Hello, my sweet victims players. I've updated the header on all threads for this game. It now includes links to the Overseer GM page, as well as the Overarching Progress/Status map (there's a placeholder graphic there right now). I will also place the link to the map of the current setting for your characters on this table, once we get the ball rolling.

If you don't know about multi-table specials, take a look at the Overseer GM page and then PM me if you have any further questions.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

I'm here!

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf HP83/83|AC 19(+3/+1)/T12/FF17|F+11/R+12/W+10|BAB+8|Init +4|Diplo+33 Battle Herald 4/Vig(Avenger) 2/Bard(Arcane Duelist)1/Cav 1/Rgr (Guild breaker) 1

Joining in the fun.


The sun beats down across this muddy plain, a scant five miles from the walls of Absalom. Dozens of fellow Pathfinders gather on all sides, including well-traveled field agents and more permanent staff from the Grand Lodge itself. In the center of the field stands a wooden platform, raised some ten feet off the ground. The excited chatter drowns out the buzz of summer insects as the gathered adventurers speculate on what’s to come.

this should be the Overseer GM speaking as the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, but I'm fudging so we start right at midnight...

Kreighton Shaine addresses the group:
“Yes, Pathfinders. A lot of you, certainly. Lovely! Well, find your
places in an orderly fashion. We’ve got some truly exciting news today and I can’t wait to get started!”

While there seem to be some mighty heroes assembled, you notice several agents nearby wearing more modest equipment, who appear just as eager as the seasoned veterans.

Introduce yourselves, if you so desire.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

A thin, half-elven woman with pale skin and dark hair frowns as she looks around at the assembled crowd. "I'm sure Master Shane's news is fascinating, but what purpose does meeting out here serve?" she wonders aloud. She glances down at her feet, where a small fox sits quietly. "There's so much more work we could be doing right now, Viata. Let's hope that this news is worth the lost afternoon."

Sovereign Court

The fox's eyes flicker up to the half-elf with a surprisingly eager and docile look for such a creature. He yawns and stretches in a languid manner before resuming his sentry-like position.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf HP83/83|AC 19(+3/+1)/T12/FF17|F+11/R+12/W+10|BAB+8|Init +4|Diplo+33 Battle Herald 4/Vig(Avenger) 2/Bard(Arcane Duelist)1/Cav 1/Rgr (Guild breaker) 1

"Well, if you want to make sure that lots of people know of good or bad news, the more that hear it at the same time, the more accurate the news will spread. Since the Pathfinders have been summoned, it will be dealing with us as a whole and not Absalom. said the half elf standing near by.

"Greetings," he said with a bow. "I am Lorian, called the Peacemaker and serve the Sovereign Court in diplomatic matters. I would hazard to guess that the one you call Vaita acts as your eyes and ears as it appears to be far more intelligent than the average fox."

"Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting?" he asked.

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 3 (empiricist) | HP 27/27, inspiration 2/4, 3 Str damage | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs giants, +1 vs traps) | F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLAs, +1 vs traps) | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush/trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +9+1d6 (+10+1d6 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

"Or perhaps they don't want the news spreading at all. Why else would we have to come all this way out here? This is for Pathfinder ears only," replies a nearby dwarf.

"How do you do? Barl at your service. Tell me Lorian, what peace do you make?"

Dark Archive

M half-orc bloodrager (Steelblood rageshaper) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 / T: 11 / FF: 19 | Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | Init: +1, Perception: +6 | Bloodrage 13/13 | Conditions: None

A burly-looking half orc walks stoically next to the two half-elves. His fists are clenched at his side. "Zavubak. ....I am Zavubak." He releases his grip and offers the three Pathfinders near him a handshake.

"I am not sure why we are called here, but that is somewhat expected in my experience of serving the Society." A devious grin covers his face. "Regardless, it's been some time since I left Red Redoubt and reported those thieving humans who had ransacked the place, and I could use an adventure." Zavubak surveys the crowd. It's noisy -- very noisy. More noisy than he'd ever been used to. He breathes deeply in an effort to remain calm, his draconic blood boiling in his veins. "... And perhaps this will be another chance to spill some fiendish blood." He grins wickedly.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Isme Wintrish," the woman replies as she looks up at the three men, obliging Zavubak's offer of a handshake. "Alchemist for the Society - though I've largely put my skills to use for Paracountess Dralneen so far."

"I'm not sure of what to make of your theories, Misters Lorian and Barl. I would think that if they wanted to announce something to large numbers of us, it would have been just as easy to have done so at the Grand Lodge," she continues. "The travel of so many of us to and from this location will surely have drawn some curiosity from the rest of the city. A rather poor way to try and keep a secret, wouldn't you think?"

She pauses. "And I certainly hope there won't be any fiends in need of removal. That's...not something that I thought to prepare for this morning."

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

A tall, smartly dressed elf, noticeably uncomfortable at being in the mud, coughs lightly in order to draw attention. "I am Ajaline and I assume I am at the correct location." He looks around with only slightly veiled disapproval. Hmm. A couple of round-ears, a dwarf, and an orc half-breed! What am I getting myself into? "I do hope whomever is in charge begins soon. This filth covered field is most unpleasant.".

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf HP83/83|AC 19(+3/+1)/T12/FF17|F+11/R+12/W+10|BAB+8|Init +4|Diplo+33 Battle Herald 4/Vig(Avenger) 2/Bard(Arcane Duelist)1/Cav 1/Rgr (Guild breaker) 1

Lorain shook hands with the assembled Pathfinders."I work to help keep diplomatic paths open. Nations and their people prosper in times of peace and prosperity rather than war and ruin. he said.

Turning towards Ajaline he cocked an eyebrow. "Ajaline, your statement can be taken in many ways and I want to make sure that I understand it correctly when you refer to the "Filth" on the field." he asked. "Are you referring to the ground, the assembled Pathfinders or that three of us that are currently assembled would be considered half-breeds or worse by those that believe in the purity of their race?"

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

Isme raises an eyebrow as tensions seem to rise between the elf and her fellow half-elf. Even though it was occasionally unpleasant to deal with, she had long since grown used to the fact that there were some who might look down on her for having mixed blood. To her it was as expected as the sun rising or the tides changing and so she rarely paid it any real attention.

But not everyone sees things the way I do, she reminds herself.

"If you're in the wrong location then so are the rest of us," she responds with a bit of a chuckle. "And yes, the fields are a bit muddy this morning. I don't relish the thought of how long it will take me to clean my boots off when I return to my lodgings later."

Sometimes deliberately interpreting certain statements in one way and not another can be sufficient enough to allow the conversation to proceed in a more pleasant direction. Maybe it will work here.

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

A small halfling with strikingly red hair and sharp blue eyes would be looking to get a spot towards the front of the crowd. While being small had it's advantages, she had to admit that the draw backs were many as well. The chain shirt she wore was colored a deep red to match the black of her clothes underneath it. She will speak up from beneath everyone as they speak.
"Oh boy, I think he just meant that he did not enjoy all the dirt. I'm the one closest to it all though so I ought to be the one doing the groaning. Personally I don't see the issues with half breeds. Long as we got our backs, you could be dark purple and bleed roaches. The name is Etna, pleasure to meet you all."
She will offer her hand to shake everyone's, trying to calm the mood slightly as well.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

Ajaline smiles thinly, glancing at each of them. "Yes. Of course I was referring to the mud. It appears that maybe you were thinking I meant something else?". He stares pointedly at Lorain. "Suspicions and invention of petty grievances are the currencies of lesser minds. I trust that those things were not in your mind, master peacemaker."

The tall elf then tilts his head down to look at the small, and altogether much too cheerful, halfling. "Etna, thank you for your opinion on half-breeds but I think you have been misled. No one here, except our peacemaker, has mentioned any concerns on that account. But no doubt strong opinions do abound."

Then looking back to the alchemist, "Miss, I believe we are of the same mind in regard to cleaning our boots. I will agree with you on that." He nods politely towards her.

With visible effort his smile towards all warms. Much endured is much gained, I must remind myself.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf HP83/83|AC 19(+3/+1)/T12/FF17|F+11/R+12/W+10|BAB+8|Init +4|Diplo+33 Battle Herald 4/Vig(Avenger) 2/Bard(Arcane Duelist)1/Cav 1/Rgr (Guild breaker) 1

"Which is why I asked that you clarify your statement. Many a war has started over petty grievances and misunderstandings. Lorian said, turning his attention towards the Master of Scrolls and his announcement.

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 3 (empiricist) | HP 27/27, inspiration 2/4, 3 Str damage | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs giants, +1 vs traps) | F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLAs, +1 vs traps) | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush/trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +9+1d6 (+10+1d6 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Barl rolls his eyes at the elvish bickering.

"Hello Etna. It's rare to meet anyone who is closer to the dirt than I," he winks.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

Well, that seemed to work well enough thanks to the little halfling's intervention.

"Yes, the two of you are in a worse position than the rest of us," Isme agrees as she bows down slightly to shake hands. "I'm sorry that I didn't think of that earlier. I'm Isme Wintrish and it's nice to meet you Etna."

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

"Haha well what can I say. Gods had to make us with some extra spunk to get over the crowd of butts and legs that our view usually is." Etna will look up at Isme and grin as she shakes her , getting a chuckle at her comment. Anywho, maybe they have something extravagant to show us out here. Like maybe a explosion. Ohhhh or maybe they are giving us a vacation, I mean I technically just joined but I would not complain of a tropical trip as my first experience here."

Dark Archive

M half-orc bloodrager (Steelblood rageshaper) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 / T: 11 / FF: 19 | Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | Init: +1, Perception: +6 | Bloodrage 13/13 | Conditions: None

Zavubak shrugs off the bickering and takes a short walk around the plain, knocking shoulders with whoever happened to be in his way, as if they weren't standing there at all. After many a dirty look cast his way, he returns to the gathered party. "Has the Peacemaker made peace with the rest of you?" He grins at his sad attempt at a joke. "I suppose Shaine should be giving us more details any moment now, or at least... He had better. I'm not one for crowds."


As you're milling about, chatting and catching snippets of conversation around you, the more knowledgeable and/or diplomatic among you may glean from information:

[Diplomacy (gather information)

Diplo DC 12+:
Something has been abuzz around the Grand Lodge the past several weeks, keeping many Society scholars and casters busy and away from the public eye. This follows a recent conflict at the Grand Lodge that the Society kept from spilling into the rest of the city.
Diplo DC 17+:
Supposedly the Society has reassembled the Sky Key, a dwarven relic it started piecing back together a year ago. The Society has been “secretly” buying up large quantities of sky metal whenever it appears in the market. The Pathfinders have also been recruiting dozens of arcane spellcasters, especially evokers.
Diplo DC 22+:
The Grand Lodge has been importing all kinds of experts on Dwarven artifice, which seems reasonable—but also experts on Numerian science, conjurers, mathematicians, and even historians who specialize in Absalom’s earliest history.
Diplo DC 27+:
Apparently today is about a “big test,” and it sounds like the Decemvirate needs a large number of assistants to handle whatever happens next.

.

Knowledge (arcana):The PCs might analyze some of the markings on the broad field

Kn-Arc DC 10+:
The field has been marked out with a series of circles, which are unusual for social gatherings but standard for arcane rituals
Kn-Arc DC 15+:
The assemblage of circles suggests a conjuration ritual, but there are enough variations that even this seems unlikely.
Kn-Arc DC 20+:
The markings across the field don’t align correctly for any sort of magical ritual. It seems to be something completely new

.

Knowledge (History):

Kn-Hist DC 12+:
Locals call this field the Bloodwatered Meadow. Many of the invading armies that tried to conquer Absalom assembled here before being defeated.
Kn-Hist DC 17+:
One of the most famous conflicts here did not even involve Absalom’s army. The Linnorm King Yardvun Skolson clashed with the Thuvian warlord Attagesha hundreds of years ago as both attempted to besiege the city at the same time but refused to share the glory with each. They crippled each other’s forces and were forced to retreat without ever attacking Absalom.
Kn-Hist DC 22+:
An archeological excavation led by the Pathfinder Society uncovered truly ancient sites in the Bloodwatered Meadow. The exact age is unknown, but several building foundations and pieces of pottery seemed reminiscent of old Azlanti designs.

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Etna will begin to stroll around, poking her head into conversations in a attempt to figure out the real reason that they were all gathered.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Realizing that the less he moves, the less mud he'll get on his feet, Ajaline tries to stand still. People milling about constantly bump into him and offer inane apologies which he responds to with glares. To make matters worse, everyone around him is spewing mindless chatter that he does his best to ignore.

Dark Archive

M half-orc bloodrager (Steelblood rageshaper) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 / T: 11 / FF: 19 | Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | Init: +1, Perception: +6 | Bloodrage 13/13 | Conditions: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Never really the sociable type, Zavubak stays put near Ajaline, his gaze moving from gnome, to elf, to dwarf, to human. They all seem so eager to learn something about why so many Pathfinders were called to one place at one time, but Zavubak would rather stand idly and wait for further details from Shaine himself.

Sovereign Court

Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls and de facto Master of Spells in the wake of Aram Zey’s untimely assassination, steps forward. A broad smile graces his youthful, elven features, and his golden hair shines in the sunlight.

You can find the rest of this message at the overseer thread.


if you have applied chronicles for any of the following scenarios to this character, check the spoiler: PFS#6–00: Legacy of the Stonelords •PFS #6–16: Scions of the Sky Key, Part 3: The Golden Guardian • PFS #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata • PFS#6–20: Returned to Sky • PFS#6–21: Tapestry’s Toil

the right XP:
If you have the indicated number of chronicles in the first column, a PFS agent walks up to you and hands over &/or casts indicated materials/spell, thanking you for helping with restoring the Sky Key
4....... A potion of Haste (CL 10th)
2-3.... The benefits of Air Walk for 30 minutes, starting right after Kreighton Shaine speaks again
1....... A potion of Tongues (CL 5th) and Elixir of Comprehend Languages for 1 hour

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

She will listen intently as the explanation is given, unable to contain the large grin that was starting to come over her face. "It's a little sad about the flowers but by Shelyns's birthing hips were gonna get make history while we explore it! Looks like I picked a good time to join." Her neck will quickly go back as she watches as the tower of rock appears before turning back the the people she had gathered near. "Unless you guys have a better idea, let's get climbing!

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Ah hah!" Isme smiles, her features more animated than they've been yet by Kreighton Shane's announcement and the magical workings on the field. "When I was walking around earlier I'd noticed that the field was dotted with circles, reminiscent of those used for arcane rituals." She looks at the waiting bubble. "A bit of an understatement on my part, needless to say."

Shouldering her gear, she nods at Etna. "Your enthusiasm is...catching," she chuckles. "And it seems that the six of us should make a serviceable team. Shall we get started?"

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf HP83/83|AC 19(+3/+1)/T12/FF17|F+11/R+12/W+10|BAB+8|Init +4|Diplo+33 Battle Herald 4/Vig(Avenger) 2/Bard(Arcane Duelist)1/Cav 1/Rgr (Guild breaker) 1

Lorain kept his ears open as he maneuvered through the crowd chatting up the other Pathfinders to find out what was going on and why they were assembled here. Turing back to the group, he compiled the snippets of information collected to get a better picture of what was going on

"Listen up. It sounds like there is going to be a big announcement from the Grand Lodge" Lorain said. Looks like they might have been able to piece together the Sky Key that they have been talking about over the past several weeks. Many of the Pathfinders scholars have been so busy that they had to also recruit dozens of arcane spellcasters to supplement them, especially evokers and those that understand Dwarven artifice. These casters have been busy along with experts on Numerian science, conjurers, mathematicians, and even historians who specialize in Absalom’s earliest history trying to piece it back together, even buying large quantities of sky metal whenever it appeared on the market using back channel contacts.

Apparently todays meeting is about a “big test,” and it sounds like the Decemvirate needs a large number of assistants to handle whatever happens next. So get ready for whatever it is going to do."

Take 10 on Diplomacy, 27

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

Ajaline gasps as the gigantic chunk of earth seems to materialize out of thin air. "Master Peacemaker, it appears this was the big test. Even I admit that it is impressive."

He chuckles, only a little bit patronizingly, at Etna's suggestion of climbing the sides. "Little one, I think that even the most skilled climbers of our group will struggle with a vertical climb of this height." Ajaline cranes his neck backwards to view the very top and estimates it to be close to 400 feet high. "Isme, do you see a way to the top from here? Or you, dwarf, you are used to climbing around in the dirt. Is there an easy way up to the top?"

Ajaline watches the half-orc, Zavubac, just standing there, out of the corner of his eye. While he doesn't typically trust these half-orc creatures, he does find Zavubac's silent behavior somewhat admirable.

Dark Archive

M half-orc bloodrager (Steelblood rageshaper) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 / T: 11 / FF: 19 | Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | Init: +1, Perception: +6 | Bloodrage 13/13 | Conditions: None

"A bubble of time..." For once in his life, Zavubak saw before him something that actually impressed him. Other than his fascination with the human band he'd once traveled with showing off their latest sword tricks and various treasures they'd looted, he lived a very somber life, his feelings constantly kept to himself.

Now, his eyes were wide, and a genuine smile covered his face. "Truly, this is something out of this world. I don't know about you all, but I find myself enthralled. A vision of the past that we can actually investigate... And interact with..." He trails off as he's lost in his thoughts and wonder. Moments later, he comes to. "I'm with the half-elf. Let's have a look."


You notice a break in the rocks outside of the energy field that appears to allow access into the heart of the stone edifice.

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

"Oh thank Desna that their is a path. These fingers were made for fine work, not heavy work. Let's go!
She will begin walking towards it.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Thank goodness," Isme responds as Etna spots an easier path, "I wasn't exactly looking forward to having to climb that thing - though I'm certainly ready to try if it comes down to it."

She moves to follow the halfling, using her longspear as an oversized walking stick. "Come along, Viata. New experiences await us all..."

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 3 (empiricist) | HP 27/27, inspiration 2/4, 3 Str damage | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs giants, +1 vs traps) | F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLAs, +1 vs traps) | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush/trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +9+1d6 (+10+1d6 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

diplomacy (gather info): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Barl is stunned by the developments. He had heard something of the Sky Key through Dwarven contacts but had no idea of its power.

"I don't think we can climb it. Whichever Pathfinders end up on top will fly there- or better- I reckon. That entrance right into the rock looks mighty appealing though. Gods only know what might be waiting in there for us!"


Indeed, Barl's words are prophetic. Some pathfinders are moving directly toward the Temple Plaza on high, but the entrance to the caves below beckon to those more gravity bound...

check out the Status page in my tagline--or the link on top of the thread tab--to see what areas are open in the overarching plotline.

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

while the temple looks super cool, I don't think any of us are able to make the climb. It looks like we're heading to the zoo

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

"Ah, there is where we should go." Ajaline points towards the break in the rocks as if he is directing the group. He is slightly perturbed that the group actually started heading to the rocks before he pointed them out. Nevertheless, he falls in step behind the others.

I don't have permission to view the zoo gardens map.


The lowest level of the temple complex consists of sprawling networks of caverns and artificial tunnels. As you wind your way further in, The stink of animal scat and rotting meat grows stronger, eventually filling the tunnel. Stairs open into a larger space ahead. Shelves, passageways, and fixtures have been carved into the wall by careful hands, each stylized to resemble a serpent’s head or body.

And now I've added the link to our group's current map. Etna, I picked a rather...distinct token for you. Feel free to add an image to your profile, or PM me a file and I'll use that instead.

Nothing's in the room with you, but let's have everyone roll initiative as a precautionary measure.

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp4/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

looks perfect to me.
Etna will look about the room, putting a cloth over her nose as the smell began to grow worse. She will not hesitate to keep exploring unless some one asks her to slow down, otherwise assume she is almost running.
initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf HP83/83|AC 19(+3/+1)/T12/FF17|F+11/R+12/W+10|BAB+8|Init +4|Diplo+33 Battle Herald 4/Vig(Avenger) 2/Bard(Arcane Duelist)1/Cav 1/Rgr (Guild breaker) 1

"Well now, that is a rather pungent smell." Lorain said before waving a hand, creating a crude looking red rose that he placed on his collar in order to help mask the smell.

"I think we should be ready for anything as we do not know what types of animals this zoo held. Luminos! " he said, causing his rapier to light up like a torch as he drew it

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Cast light on the rapier and will be using my swift action to keep Arcane Strike active as needed

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +1, R +5, W +3; +2 vs. enchantments l Inspiration (3/3) l L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +5, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Disable Device +8, Kn. Arcana/Planes +7, Kn. Local +8, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +7
Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Well said," Isme whispers quietly as she looks around. "And keep in mind what Kreighton Shane told us - while we can't take anything out of this place that also works in our favor if we run into some extremely hostile or dangerous. If we can make it back to the exit then it will not be able to leave this...time bubble."

Her longspear still in her hands, she cautiously begins to move to have a closer look at some of the shelves and carvings. "Do not run too far ahead, Etna," she warns. "As our Peacemaker has said, there might be any number of creatures caged down here."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

GM, do you want Viata to have his own initiative or just act when Isme does?

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 3 (empiricist) | HP 27/27, inspiration 2/4, 3 Str damage | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs giants, +1 vs traps) | F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLAs, +1 vs traps) | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush/trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +9+1d6 (+10+1d6 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Barl is stunned by the complexity of this ancient cave system. He examines the craftsmanship of the tunnels as journey deeper. The walls are far more fascinating to him than the animal smells.

Is it ok to try to learn more about the nature of the caves here? I will roll a couple checks just in case. The knowledge one may be irrelevant.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Perception + 2 for noticing unusual stonework: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
Knowledge (History) +2 regarding dwarves or their enemies, untrained check: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22


Barl, in the parts that are crafted, the stonework is unlike any you've ever seen before...It's fascinating.

Any animal companions or familiars can just use master's initiative for simplicity's sake. In addition to initiative, Perception check--Barl, Isme, thanks for anticipating. Also establish marching order, right to left, i.e. right is front of group.

Dark Archive

M half-orc bloodrager (Steelblood rageshaper) 4 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 / T: 11 / FF: 19 | Fort: +8, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | CMB: +9, CMD: 19 | Init: +1, Perception: +6 | Bloodrage 13/13 | Conditions: None

Zavubak is generally unaffected by the smell, and almost doesn't even notice it. He surveys the chamber as the others do. "I'd like to take our time here as much as you would, but as Shaine said, time isn't something we are in abundance of." He takes a few steps forward and looks for any sort of markings or unusual things in the cavern.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Sorcerer (verdant) /2 -- DEAD

"Interesting aroma." Ajaline comments as the group enters the wider chamber. "The sooner we can complete our work here, the better." He begins peering around while arming himself with his bow, just in case.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

1 to 50 of 561 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS PbP Gameday V - #7-00 The Sky Key Solution (tier 1-2 OR 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.