PFS PBP Gameday 4 The City of Strangers—Part I: The Shadow Gambit (Inactive)

Game Master Vahanian 89

Map


101 to 150 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

reflex : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

reflex : 1d2 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

-Posted with Wayfinder

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Human
VITALS:
AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; HP: 11/11; F2, R:4, W:0; CMD 16; CMB +2; Init: +4 ; Perc:+1
Fighter 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Intimidate +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Knowledge (dungeoneering,geography) +6, Perception +1, Survival +0 (+2)

sure. And for 1 damage? No RS needed. Make or fail. Still take 1 damage :P

-Posted with Wayfinder


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Yea its just 1 damage. Shes not that great.

Round 3:
Warden
Ti-Jean
Harrison
Goblin Shaman
Goblin Warriors
Searlas
Hania
Azuk
Gedulan

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Scoffing as he walks forward, Azuk spits out an arcane cantrip.

Daze, Will save DC 13


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The goblins eyes begins to glaze over but she gives herself a giant shake and snaps out of it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Searlas walks along side Azuk in agreement and helps drive the point home...

Daze, Will save DC 14

Silver Crusade

Hania moves toward the goblin and throws a javelin.

range increment is 30 ft, so within 1 increment

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

I don't have a feat to remove the penalty for shooting into melee, but I'm not sure if that applies here or how much it would be. The roll above is before that penalty.

If it hits:
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

The goblin again shakes off the effects of a spell only to have a javelin plunge into her chest. She takes a half step back but stays standing.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 1, HP 7/11; AC 13,11,12; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +1; Perception +4

Gedulan again stands still, unable to do anything from such a distance while keeping the party safe. He looks around the room while the fight is closing, checking for any more threats, or anything of value.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
If he finds anything of interest, he will move towards it.

Silver Crusade

Ti-Jean move toward the shaman ready to strike.

Quick someone flank with me!


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Ti moves and readies if he gets a flank. But just as he does Harrison arrives and delivers a mighty blow to the shaman removing her head from her body.

Using those rolls from your last post. Combat Over! Feel free to search around. So a perception and knowledge dungeoneering


I really shouldn't leave myself logged in at work when I should be working.

Grand Lodge

Male Human
VITALS:
AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; HP: 11/11; F2, R:4, W:0; CMD 16; CMB +2; Init: +4 ; Perc:+1
Fighter 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Intimidate +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Knowledge (dungeoneering,geography) +6, Perception +1, Survival +0 (+2)

Perc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Dungeon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Silver Crusade

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

no ranks in knowledge:dungeoneering

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Any of these poor creatures lucky enough to have survived their ambush deserve at least some mercy." Searlas moves to stabilize any surviving goblins while looking about for useful or interesting information and gear.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Heal (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Peering around in the darkness, Azuk sniffs a few times. Warden swivels slowly as it scans the area as well.

Azuk's Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Warden's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Uhh, what? That's the second time this session Azuk and Warden have rolled natural 20s on the same Perception check. I call shenanigans on the forum's dice roller.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 1, HP 7/11; AC 13,11,12; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +1; Perception +4

RNG amirite. Anyway, I already rolled perception.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

And here I am with the highest perception and dungeoneering in the party staring at a wall and pondering the meaning of life. Live by the dice, die by the dice.


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Its favoritism. lol.

The goblins all seem to have passed from this world. The warriors have nothing of interest on them, just small shortswords and armor. The shaman you find 3 potions. The potions have a symbol etched into the glass, that of a human male on his knees holding his arms up to the sun. The goblins that collapsed the wall seem to have camped behind it.
The knowledge dungeoneering revels that the goblins were very good at their craft the trap was very well made.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 1, HP 7/11; AC 13,11,12; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +1; Perception +4

Gedulan investigates the three potions, interested.
First potion:
Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Second potion:
Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Third potion:
Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Searlas makes an independent assessment of the potions as well.

Casts Detect Magic
Potion 1 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Potion 2 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Potion 3 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Silver Crusade

"i want to taste it, but you seem to be better than me on that."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

They are all potions of cure light wounds. You can spend some more time searching around but thats all you find.

As you follow the passage way it leads out another opening where the rest of your group was. The bodies of goblins lay throughout the tunnel. The Duskwardens look tired and bruised but none seem seriously injured. However one of the merchants wasn't so lucky as the wardens drape his body in a blanket.
As you rejoin the group a warden approaches you, “Haven’t seen these here in a long time,” he says kicking a goblin corpse, then turns to the you and apologizes. “Our duty is to keep our charges safe—we failed. We’ll have to shut down the Path for a while we plug these holes again and figure out where these goblins came from.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Searlas eyes the ruined goblin camp. "This seems unusually well thought out and aggressive for goblins... Are goblins known to inhabit these tunnels?

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Is there anything that would indicate that these goblins were put up to this?

Searlas walks back to the Duskwarden and holds out a hand, "If there is anything that I can do to help, let me know. I consider it my duty to lend a hand where needed, and I can't help but think that the arrival of goblins on this path and recent trouble in Kaer Maga might not be coincidence."

Diplomacy (Linguistics via Orator): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Trying to improve his attitude towards us...

"Have there been any other disturbances recently that could possibly be connected to this?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

"Hey, let's see what happens when we pour one of those healing potions down the gullet of this mechanical contraption here. I'll bet it shorts out and shuts down."

Seriously, though. Anyone object if Warden drinks one of those potions? He's down 4 hp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Is he a construct or does he just count as a construct for effects that check? If he is a construct, cure wont work on him...

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Yeah, it can be healed. Despite its description, it's an outsider and a construct for purposes of targeted effects.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Azuk... You do care for your warden!"

Feed away!

Silver Crusade

Ti-Jean raises his hand. "I would like one. This fire crisp my hand. And a good marchand need a good signature. "

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"I'm a bit banged up myself, but we should probably hold onto 1 to use in case of emergency. Gedulan, are you capable of whipping up any of those curing extracts I've heard about?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human
VITALS:
AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; HP: 11/11; F2, R:4, W:0; CMD 16; CMB +2; Init: +4 ; Perc:+1
Fighter 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Intimidate +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Knowledge (dungeoneering,geography) +6, Perception +1, Survival +0 (+2)

"My hat got a bit singed. But nothing a bit of magic can't cure. And i'm sure my eyebrows will grow back... with time" he rubs his forehead where the fire singed his face


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

"The goblins were pushed out of this area decades ago. From time to time a couple try something but not like this. We'll hopefully find out more from the other wardens in the city." He tells you. With that the wardens get everyone moving again.
Four hours after the fight, you reach a bunker-like complex just outside the entrance to Kaer Maga. The city is enormous. In all directions, you can see that every inch of it is covered in buildings: cliff side buildings, buildings built on the atop thin balconies around the interior of the walls themselves, and buildings crammed together on the floor of the ancient ruin. Except for the lake at the center of the city (even then, only at midday), the entire city is drowned in permanent twilight.

Feel free to make a know local or diplomacy check to find your contact.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Azuk steps behind Warden and opens its fuel port, dumping the potion in and watching its restorative energies course through its biomechanical frame.

Potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"There, that should keep me from getting blamed for any damage those goblins did to this thing."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Hmmm... I think we were supposed to meet our contact around...."

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

After asking around for a bit you find someone who gives you directions to the houes your looking for. You arrive just after dark has set in.
Horis Collgardie’s house is small but in good repair; judging by the decrepit state of the other homes in the neighborhood, this merchant friend of Drandle Dreng must be relatively well off. His home is made of a hodgepodge of brick and stone matching the city’s walls. Several windows look out onto the thin balcony walkway some 60 feet above the city streets that serves as the access for this neighborhood, but all are heavily barred with the shades pulled. The house appears dark and quiet.

Feel free to post what you want to do. Map to come later. I'll post it after work.

Silver Crusade

Hania looks around carefully, especially looking for any sign of people moving in the house or right around it.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Hey guys, does anyone see anything?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Hmm... just like home. Except it doesn't smell like fish."

Searlas takes a look around to make sure nobody is preparing to catch us in our second ambush of the day.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"Come to think of it... back at home strangers used to get mugged if they walked down the alleyway behind my loft. Probably should make sure there aren't any similar characters here."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

"How about we just knock already?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Knock? I haven't learned that spell yet."

Silver Crusade

Ti-jean opens it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Collgardie? Hello? Anyone home?"


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

You open the door and walk right in, a natural pathfinder attidude. When you enter to your right a body lies strewen on the floor in a dried pool of blood. The room is dark, the only light is street light, coming from the doorway and windows.

GM Stuff dont mind me:

BAD NO LOOKING: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Everyone feel free to move about this room. Also make me a perception check. Its at a minus but i will factor that in.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 1, HP 7/11; AC 13,11,12; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +1; Perception +4

Gedulan walks in silently, noticing the body but not seeming to care.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Azuk looks around, then notices his companions straining to see. With a word and a quick gesture, he casts a simple cantrip.

Light

Azuk Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"A corpse... in dried blood... this must have happened earlier today, long ago to have dried but recent enough to still be intact. I think this is serious enough to merit extra vigilance." Searlas mutters a very quick incantation and his eye flash for a brief moment as he begins looking around frantically with his keen elven eyes before clutching his head for a few seconds. "Would someone be so kind as to aid me?"

Perception + Burst of Insight: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Yeah... +16 to a die roll and I roll a 4... figures

Silver Crusade

Draw the sap. "hello anybody home?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Silence is the only response that Ti gets.

What do you do? And feel free to move about the room

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

No clues to be found on/near the body? Also, Detect magic

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Azuk also casts detect magic as he and Warden sweep the room.

Warden Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

101 to 150 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS PBP Gameday 4 The City of Strangers—Part I: The Shadow Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.