PFS PBP Gameday 4 The City of Strangers—Part I: The Shadow Gambit (Inactive)

Game Master Vahanian 89

Map


151 to 200 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Its a body. Looks like a well of merchant or craftsman type. Harrison, Hania and Gedulan please place your selves in the building.Or i can put you somewhere random.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Are we allowed to search other things, too?


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Sure just let me know.

Silver Crusade

Hania looks around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Searlas moves into the north room carefully and inspects the documents on the table.

On mobile, can someone move me?

Silver Crusade

Ti-Jean also search the room.

take 10=15 of perception.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Anything appear amiss with the papers on the table?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Linguistics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

My post from last night seems to have been eaten so here is is again. I moved a couple people back to before you get to the other doors because things happen.

Sealess goes to the north double doors while Azuk and Warden go to the west door. Just before they get there the doors burst open revealing 4 people. One of them says, "That must be them that killed the bosses friend. Get 'em!" Then he throws something at Azuk. Then one of them strikes at Searless.

Attack Azuk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 miss

Attack Sealess: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (3) = 8

Init:

Init Azuk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Init Searless: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Init Hania: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Init Warden: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Init Ti: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Init Harrison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Init Gedulan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Init BG: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Round 1
BG
Everyone


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Round 1
BG
Searless goes down in the surprise barrage. Then the rogues then move into the main room and attack.

Attack Warden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Miss

Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (1) = 6

Attack Warden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (6) = 13

Attack Ti: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (1) = 6

Attack Ti: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (4) = 9

They score one hit on warden who malfunctions then vanishes and 2 hits on Ti who goes down.

Ouch. I didnt think they would win initiative. Everyones turn. I need stabilizing rolls from Ti and Searless.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 1, HP 7/11; AC 13,11,12; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +1; Perception +4

It's my turn then, right? If so:
Gedulan quickly downs a potion (True Strike)and yells in Searlas's direction.

Elven:
"Move away from them!"


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Yep everyone can act on the same initiative. He is currently unconscious and dying.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4
GM V wrote:
They score one hit on warden who malfunctions then vanishes and 2 hits on Ti who goes down.

Wait, what? A couple things: Who moved Azuk and Warden to where they are now? The last I moved them, they were just to the right of the door, now they're out in the middle of the room? Also, do these rogues have weapons with banish effects on them? Can Azuk not use Life Link to save Warden?

Silver Crusade

stabilise: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15 Stabilised!


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

I moved you because theres a wall and a door that they were waiting for you behind. So when they heard you get there they did their suprise round because no one noticed them. Thats one of the things that i am trying to figure out better on PBP. IRL its easy just to tell a player to stop at a door because things happen its harder to catch in PBP. Normally when an eidelon hits 0 hp its sent back to its home plane. I forgot about that ability, never played a summoner, so you can totally do that if you want. NICE TI!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Eidolons don't get sent back to their home plane until they get down to negative Con. Azuk will spend 5 hp to keep the eidolon at 1 hp.


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Right its if you get knocked out he goes back without certain feats. Read that wrong.

Silver Crusade

Hania notices her fallen comrades and walks closer to the enemies attacking them. Then she throws a javelin at the closest enemy attacking Ti-Jean and Searlas.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

(I assume no penalty to throw into melee when all allies are down??

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Hania throws her javelin but the throw is off the mark and misses the rogue.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Stepping away from the rogue, Azuk touches Warden on the back, activating a protective barrier around it.

Mage armor

Warden then proceeds to pummel the rogue with its massive mechanical arms.

Warden slam attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Warden claw 1 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Warden claw 2 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I give up. TPK. GG.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

if someone can administer a clw pot to me I might be able to do something


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Searless you bleed out 1 point. So your at -3 now. Dont give up Azuk. These guys arent that good. Its just they got the drop on you AND won init. If not for that i doubt you guys would be hurting.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Also, since they attacked first without provocation, call for city watch. If I live I can talk us out of probably anything.


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

They had reasons that make sense kinda..

Grand Lodge

Male Human
VITALS:
AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; HP: 11/11; F2, R:4, W:0; CMD 16; CMB +2; Init: +4 ; Perc:+1
Fighter 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Intimidate +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Knowledge (dungeoneering,geography) +6, Perception +1, Survival +0 (+2)

Harison jumps into action, wielding his rapier, and tries to gut the attacker closest to hit with a swift jab

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 No
Stab: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He almost does just that, but it seemed he misses his mark in his eagerness to help


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Harrison moves up landing a strong blow on one of the rogues, who visible staggers after that attack.

Gedulan is up

Dark Archive

I have one suggestion for everyone, and that's to please, please stop clumping up. I am almost completely useless here.
Gedulan chucks a bomb at the area behind the enemy near Ti, so that it will not hit directly, and will not damage his allies.
Need a 5 to hit: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
7 fire damage if it doesn't miss. If it does: 1 is the closest space to me, and 2-8 are the spaces in a clockwise direction.
Miss: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

How do you have a plus 22? did you mean +2?

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Gedulan throws his bomb and the explosion drops the enemy in her tracks.

Round 2 BG
Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Nope

The foe that Harrison stabbed steps back drawing a potion and drinks it.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The other 2 move to attack Azuk and Warden.

Attack Azuk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5Miss
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack Warden: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14Miss
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Everyones turn. Also Azuk you cant 5 ft to there because theres a wall in the way. And who deleted the building?

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 1, HP 7/11; AC 13,11,12; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; Init +1; Perception +4

True Strike m8
Gedulan moves over to Searlas and begins to pour a CLW potion into his mouth.
Not sure when it would trigger, but I'll roll it here for when it does.
Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Hania walks over toward the nearest enemy still standing and attacks with her sword.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

See what happens to those who attack the innocent! yells Hania as she attacks.


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

when did you put up true strike? Not that it matters. You won't be able to feed it to him til next turn you have to move over there then it's a move to draw it. So you have it in your hand.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

Sorry, didn't see that it's actually a thin hallway there.

Azuk steps away from the melee and draws his whip, cracking it at the rogue to distract him.

Aid another to improve Warden's AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Fail.

Warden swings around to attack the rogue once again.

Warden slam attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Warden claw 1 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Warden claw 2 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Let me guess, AC 18 on the rogue, right? :) Just in case any of those hit, here's the damage:

Warden slam damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13
Warden claw 1 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Warden claw 2 damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

That might have been me... Went to view map from mobile and drive crashed. Looked again on my desktop later and it was gone.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

No worries Searless. Does warden take a 5 ft step too?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4
GM V wrote:

No worries Searless. Does warden take a 5 ft step too?

Yes.


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

In that case

Wardens first blow fells the rogue before him.

Silver Crusade

What about Hania's attack?


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Sorry i missed it. We posted at the same time last night.

As Hania screams her challenge a confused look goes over the man she strikes down, as he tries to respond Hanias sword make a gash across his chest and he goes down in a heap.

Harrison is up.

Grand Lodge

Male Human
VITALS:
AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; HP: 11/11; F2, R:4, W:0; CMD 16; CMB +2; Init: +4 ; Perc:+1
Fighter 1
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Intimidate +2 (+4 vs. people from chosen country), Knowledge (dungeoneering,geography) +6, Perception +1, Survival +0 (+2)

From the map it looks like he can flank with Hania?

Harison steps up once again, jabing at the bandit with his rapier

Stab!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21

And finds his mark once more!
Gut!: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Nope that guys is dead. The only one lefy is by Azuk.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Harison seems to have disappeared from the map


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Harrison i moved you over by Azuk as both the rogues over there are down.

The last rogue seeing all of her associates go down, and no escape, throws down her cestus and raises her hands in surrender. "Bullocks this job ain't worth dying for. I dont care that you lot killed the merchant just let me live." She pleads with you.

Meanwhile Gedulan pours a potion down Searlesses throat.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I dont think that gets you up quite yet but your stable now.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

"Oh, no, no, no," Azuk says, pointing at the rogue. "There's no way I'm getting blamed for someone else's crime again." He glares at Warden, who shows no sign of responding. "We just got here. Tell us what happened, what you did, other than attack us."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

It gets me up, puts me at 0 hp. Staggered but conscious.

Searlas looks up groggily... "Surrender? Good, lets get everyone stabilized and make sure no more lives are lost."

Searlas shoots a glance at Gedulan and in a quick hushed tone asks

Elvish:
"So uh... who all is hurt, I don't remember much. Any of them have potions? I could use another..."

"Don't worry Azuk, we wont be blamed for this.

Draconic:
I hope...

Lets see... attacked us without provocation... I think Warden has some new charges for now. Anyone got a potion? I'm not feeling so hot..."

Silver Crusade

Hania digs around in her pack, finds a potion of cure light wounds, and hands it to Searlas.

Here, I thinks this counts as an emergency.

Do we really have no one in the party who can heal??


Deity, Benevolent or Malevolent that remains to be seen.

Between them there are 3 potions of cure light

"Listen I only know what the boss told me. He sent us here, saying his friend had been killed and we were to wait for them that did it." She says.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Summoner (Unchained) 2, HP 17/17; AC 16,12,14; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +2; Perception +0; Eidolon: HP 14/14; AC 17,11,16; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3; Init +1; Perception +4

"Who's your boss?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Alchemists can heal (a bit)

Searlas inspects the fallen foes for any medical gear and attempts to stabilize each of them, slowly and carefully. "Azuk, Warden, make sure the guy near you doesn't bleed out."

If Hania and Gedulan could make aid another checks (DC10 Heal, take 10 if you have a Wis mod that isn't negative) to help me keep these guys from bleeding out that would be great. Each aid will mean a +2 on my roll. Marking rounds so GM can make appropriate checks for them to bleed out or stabilize on their own.

Round 1: Moves adjacent to both bodies
Round 2: Heal most wounded: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Round 3: Heal next most wounded: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Round 4: Perception, checking first body for potions: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Round 5: Perception, checking second body for potions: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

If I find any potions, I feed one to Ti-Jean and drink one myself. If i can avoid using Hania's emergency potion I will do so.

Ok, I think most of this post was ninja'd, use the info as you see fit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Healing for Ti-Jean: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Healing for me: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Searlas returns Hania's potion. "Thank you, but it looks like fortune has provided for this emergency"

Searlas walks to Azuk and whispers. ~"Good cop bad cop routine? Dibs on good cop."~

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Noticing that Ti-Jean still isnt waking up, last of the 3 new potions goes down his gullet as well.

More healing for Ti-Jean: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

151 to 200 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS PBP Gameday 4 The City of Strangers—Part I: The Shadow Gambit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.