[PFS]GM Dennis - Heroes for Highdelve - Table 4 (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Pregens:

  • Brialla, human ranger: PDF | BB Code
  • Meraina, human sorcerer: PDF | BB Code
  • Kiliuk, half-orc barbarian: PDF | BB Code
  • Torgen, dwarf fighter: PDF | BB Code

    -----

    MAPS


  • 151 to 200 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    I'm going to assume you mean orange; there is no green enemy. Round tokens are your group, square tokens (that match the named pictures to the right of the map) are your enemies.

    Torgen and Brialla ready to attack the hypnotized enemies, while Kiliuk runs up to attack the archer. His swing misses, but the bead of force that follows from Meraina does not.

    ----

    The devil-man and Brialla just stare, dumbfounded, at Brialla. Tolwin, enraged by this turn of events, drops his bow and draws a longsword, then attacks the onrushing Kiliuk, but is unable to connect.

    longsword vs. Kiliuk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin (orange)
  • Richelle (blue) Hypnotized.
  • Devil-man (red) Hypnotized.

    Whole Party may act.


  • Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    Torgen runs to the opponent hit by the magic missile (orange) and attacks.

    battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
    battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Meraina, out of breath from all the casting, fires her last Magic Missile @ Orange.

    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Silver Crusade

    Seeing her opponents under control, Brialla moves towards her Cousin- drawing her bow.

    Move: Sheath sword. Move 30ft, draw bow

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    The half orc swings his mace at the archer
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Kiliuk's mace follows Meraina's spell, both impacting Tolwin. He looks at the wound in his side, shocked at the blood, then falls unconscious! Richelle and the Devil-man continue to stare, blankly.

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin Unconscious and bleeding.
  • Richelle Hypnotized.
  • Devil-man Hypnotized.

    Whole Party may act.


  • Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    Torgen runs to the devil-man and attacks.

    battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Silver Crusade

    Seeing Torgen charge at the RED target, Brialla draws back her bow and waits

    Readied action: Attack if Red attacks

    Readied Attack:

    Bow, melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
    Bow: 1d8 ⇒ 2

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Meraina moves south, and uses ACID SPLASH against RED, also seeing Torgen charge her and her cousin reading her attack.
    Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13 vs touch
    damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


    ***Bzzzt!*** "Botting for Kiliuk:"

    Seeing the others attack, Kiliuk runs down and swings at the devil-man.

    attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
    damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    When Torgen attacks, the devil-man snaps out of his stupor, just in time to dodge the blow. He dodges a similar strike from Kiliuk, but moves right into the path of Meraina's caustic glob. He lashes out at Torgen, then deftly dodges out of the way of Brialla's arrow. "Snap out of it, you fool!" he shouts at Richelle as he misses the dwarf.

    short sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
    damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    GM Screen:

    Richelle Will save, combat: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
    Tolwin stabilize, DC 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

    Richelle just tilts her head in fascination.

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin
  • Richelle
  • Devil-man

    Whole Party may act.


  • Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    "This will stop now! Give up!" Torgen shouts to the devil-man and attacks him again.

    battleaxe TWF: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
    battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Warhammer TWF: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
    battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Meraina joins Torgen in attacking the devil-man with acid splash.
    Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 4 = 5
    damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    Growing weary of the fight, the half orc tries to finish it off
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 confirm

    2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    STAY DOWN OR BE BROKEN! he yells at the devil man

    Silver Crusade

    Brialla looses another arrow toward the devil man.

    bow, cover: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 4 = 7
    damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

    Sorry, Mobile!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Torgen strikes the devil-man, and as he reels he moves right into the path of a mighty blow from Kiliuk, dropping him to the ground.

    Richelle continues to stare, fascinated, at Meraina, though she shows signs of regaining her senses.

    GM Screen:

    Feran stabilize, DC 18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin
  • Richelle Fascinated.
  • Devil-man

    Whole Party may act.


  • Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    Torgen attacks him again.

    battleaxe TWF: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
    battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Warhammer TWF: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
    battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Silver Crusade

    Unwilling to attack the girl, Brialla nervously waits- bow at the ready.

    Hold action

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    "Cousin, why you holding fire?" Meraina asks, also holding fire. Does she see something I don't?

    Silver Crusade

    Attacking breaks fascination. Brialla never liked the idea of attacking the kids in the first place- she made a lot of effort to not attack the guy and then the girl earlier in the combat as well. Her concern, even in the village, was that someone (devil man) had put them up to this

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    Is the scum dead? he says pointing his mace at the devil man.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Torgen, who are you hitting there? The devil-man, who you struck the round before, is down, as is Tolwin.


    Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    Sorry, i did not see that properly ! When I post from my phone to not slow you down I do not see the map as this is blocked on my worl device. :-(

    Silver Crusade

    The ranger keeps an arrow knocked and bow drawn, but continues to hesitate.

    "They are just children Meraina. I don't want their blood on my hands, should I be able to help it."

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    When Richelle's mind clears, she finds friends unconscious and herself surrounded by a four heroes, weapons at the ready. She drops her sword and her bow and says "I give up!" as she slowly puts her hands in the air.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    "You give up? Good for you! A bit late, though, as your two friends are down."

    Silver Crusade

    Upon accepting Richelle's surrender, Brialla moves quickly to Tolwin's side. "What did you get yourself wrapped up in, child?" she calls out to the surviving teen. "Who is this man that you have allied yourself with?"

    She quickly assess the young boy for the severity of his wounds, attempting to stop the bleeding and stabilize his wounds

    Heal, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    GM Screen:

    Feran stabilize DC 19: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Feran stabilize DC 20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Upon examination, Tolwin seems to have stabilized on his own. The devil-man continues to bleed, his breathing getting short and sharp, but then he, too, seems to level out on his own.

    -----

    Richelle stares at the unconscious devil-man, then at her similarly incapacitated friend, before responding in a shaky voice. "He said his name was Feran. We found him camping here when we walked up here, just looking for somewhere to hang out after we got kicked out of the festival. He was friendly, and we sat around the fire chatting. When we told him about how they'd banned us from the festival, he offered us a way to get even. It was just supposed to be a prank, we weren't gonna actually hurt anyone! At least, Tolwin and I weren't gonna. I thought that's all Feran wanted, too, but they he showed us the beast he has chained up in the cave. That things gonna really hurt people! It's quick, too; it snatched the Golden Pendant right out of my hands! When we came out and heard you approaching, Feran said it was the police coming to arrest us, and we panicked!"

    Silver Crusade

    "What do you remember about this beast? Is it still chained?" Brialla's tone softens towards the girl. "I am sure the mayor will have something to do with this, before it's all said in done. But no, we are not the police. We are just concerned for everyones safety."

    The ranger looks over Tolwin, seeing that he has stabilized- her immediate fear of having killed the children passes.

    "We need to take care of the beast, if your statements about it are true. Will you stay here and tend to your friend? He will need more medical care than I can offer right now."

    Turning to the devil man, Brialla rummages around in her pack a bit. After a few moments she pulls out metal manicles, and goes to place them on the man. "I do not want him recover and get away." she states to no one in particular, as she looks around for sometime to tie him against.

    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "It was chained to the wall last I saw. I have no idea what it is, I just know it's big, and smelly, and has two heads." Richelle does not look happy at the prospect of sitting around here tending to Tolwin, but after a quick glance around the scene she catches Brialla's eye and recoils a bit. "O-...Okay, fine."

    You can easily find a rock or something to secure Feran to.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    "Yes, cousin, I agree we need to take care of the beast. But, two heads, anyone have any idea what it might be? I haven't even heard of such a thing."

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    Two heads? Ettins have two heads. he says.,

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Where to, folks? Ready to move into the cave?


    Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    "Let us move into the cave and see what awaits us!!"

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    "Well, since noone happens to know anything, really, about what we might be facing, sure, lets go in blind!"

    Silver Crusade

    Brialla has giants as a favored enemy- if the creature is “giant”, could she make a knowledge check to identify it from the girl’s description?

    Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 15

    Pulling out another arrow, Brialla looks around the group. ”It’s the only place left. Let’s just be cautious.”

    stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Brialla:
    Her description of its size is consistent with a giant, but isn't really enough to identify it.

    This rock face towers nearly 30 feet and is punctuated in the middle with the dark opening of a cave mouth. As you enter, the dank scent of moss hangs heavy in the air as the gloom in the cave thickens. Some daylight filters in to the mouth of the cave (the entryway is in low-light), but the caverns receding deeper in on either side are completely dark.

    Please give me your marching order on the map. Also, I want a general sense of your movement: are moving quickly through to find this creature? Are you moving slowly and thoroughly searching every passageway>

    Silver Crusade

    Brialla is on the slow and thorough side. She will be looking for tracks, etc to help determine what direction to explore. Token updated

    Survival, Giants: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
    Perception, Giants: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    These cramped corridors smell like fungus and rot.

    Ridges on the map represent sloping passages downward. Squares that are sloped are difficult terrain.

    GM Screen:

    Perception:
    Brialla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
    Meraina: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
    Kiliuk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
    Torgen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Brialla and Kiliuk:
    You can hear a violent thudding sound as well as muffled roaring coming from deeper within the cave.

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    Does his dark vision catch anything?

    Silver Crusade

    Should I not roll perceptions? I just want to set that expectation so I know going forward.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Not thinking, Meraina talks in a normal voice and not one who is trying to be any sort of stealthy. "Whats the plan? Remember, I can't cast anything great for the remainder of the day, I need time to recover from the last fight."


    Poog of Zarongel” Male NE goblin cleric 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | F +8, R +8, W +10 | Init +6 | Perc +3, darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | fire bolt 2/6 | channel negative energy 4/4 | Active conditions: None

    Torgen moves to the front next to Brialla and walks slowly observing the environment.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    RxGus wrote:
    Should I not roll perceptions? I just want to set that expectation so I know going forward.

    You're welcome to roll them yourself whenever you'd like. I may also roll them for you from time to time, just to keep things moving, but if I do so I will take into account your roll.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    PFSOCPREGEN wrote:
    Does his dark vision catch anything?

    Nothing but rocky passage walls. How about the rest of you, are you striking a light, or moving in the dark? Meraina can cast light, or I believe several of you have torches in your inventory, so if you want to have some sort of light up, you certainly may.

    Sovereign Court

    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 DEFENSE AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 armor, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 5 (1d6+1)

    Should I go up ahead? he asks I can see in the dark

    Silver Crusade

    Brialla continues to move forward into the cavern, careful with her footing and staying in the shadows.

    Token updated, if a new stealth is needed- please do

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Sounds like you're proceeding in the dark then. It's full-on darkness in this part of the cave, rather than the low-light of the entryway, so only Kiliuk and Torgen can see.

    As you creep forward, you can all hear now a roaring and clanking of chains. Suddenly, a loud *SNAP* indicates that something has broken, quickly followed by a bellow of triumph and some thudding footsteps.

    GM Screen:

    Initiative:
    Brialla: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Meraina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    Kiliuk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    Torgen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Ettin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

    Kiliuk and Torgen:
    You see, stomping into view about 10ft from the bottom of the 'stairs' in front of Brialla, a large, two-headed creature. It seems enraged, but it also seems to be dragging one hand along the wall, as if it can't see in the dark.

    What is that thing? Knowledge (local) DC 13:

    Spoiler:
    This is the infamous Brightbloom Ettin! A large, two-headed humanoid (giant), this seems to be somewhat smaller and weaker than a standard ettin. For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask a question about it.

    -----

    INITIATIVE:

  • ?
  • Meraina
  • Brialla
  • Torgen
  • Kiliuk

    Whole party may act.

  • 151 to 200 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]GM Dennis - Heroes for Highdelve - Table 4 All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.