[PFS]DM Elanmorin Phantom Phenomena (Inactive)

Game Master Rogar Valertis

There's something rotten in Ustalav. And where's something rotten the Pathfinder Society cannot be far away... can't it?

Initiative check:
[dice=Feiya]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Hakon]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Harsk]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Kyra]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Lem]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Oloch]1d20+2[/dice]

Perception:
[dice=Feiya]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Hakon]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Harsk]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kyra]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Lem]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Oloch]1d20+4[/dice]

Handouts

Maps


401 to 436 of 436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort+1 Ref +4 Will+2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +2 |

Feiya steps forwards and attacks with what she hopes won't be a useless spell. Judging by the ferocity with which the monstrous fungus whipped its tendrils about it could probably afford to lose some of its strength.

The young witch hurls a Ray of Enfeeblement toward the cerebral fungus.
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 3
Strength Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Fortitude DC 15 Half

Grand Lodge

Marnarius / Male Human NE Slayer / 7th | HP:41/67 | AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMB:12 CMD:24| F:+9 R:+9 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +11

Feiya, are you moving to the spot just north of Harsk? Just wondering as if you are then I'll step back to your old spot and fire...

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort+1 Ref +4 Will+2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +2 |

"Ya wgah'n mnahn'agl!" Feiya curses in aklo as her only decent spell fails spectacularly.

I'll move up next to the Doctor so my old spot will be free for you Harsk, sure.

Grand Lodge

Marnarius / Male Human NE Slayer / 7th | HP:41/67 | AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMB:12 CMD:24| F:+9 R:+9 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +11

Harsk will step back 5' and fire at the creature...

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6


NG Human Skald 1 | HP 6 (7)/11(12) | AC 16 [17] T 12 [13] FF 14 [15] | F +4 (+5 singing) R +2 W +1 | CMB/D +3/15 | Init +2 | K: all +2 | Per +3 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Effects: Harrowed (Con), Eye of Gorum, -2 to Hit

"Steel your will and plug your ears, if you can," Hakon warns the others. He, himself, foolishly with no candle, wax, or ear plugs thinks this is a situation where a single copper could save his life.

Ranged Touch Alchemist's Fire, 1 RP: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 = 20
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Critical, 1 RP: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1
Fire Critical: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Fire Damage for next round at start of Hakon's turn:
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Unless the fungus is capable and willing to spend a full round action to attempt a Reflex DC 15 save to try to put out the fire.

Free: Drop 1 hand axe
Free: Continue Raging Song

Shadow Lodge

MAP

Oloch casts a defensive spell before advancing further inton the cave.
Feiya tries to weaken the otherworldly creature with her magic but her aim leaves much to be desired.
Harsk does not cover himself in glory either as his crossbow bolt goes far off into the cave depths.
Things don't seem to be going very well for the heroes... but Hakon surprises everyone by pulling out a flask of alchemist fire and tossing it towards the monster... and hitting it fair and square!

Round 02/03 - Bold may act

Lem

Nightmare creature -9hp

Hakon
Professor Quolorum
Oloch
Harsk
Feiya
Kyra


Female NG Human Cleric 1 | Init: +0 | Speed 30ft | HP: 13/13 (1 non-lethal) | AC/Tch/FF: 10/10/10 14/10/14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +5 | Perc: +3, Dipl: +6, Heal +7, Knowl Relg: +4 | 5/5 Channel Energy | Active conditions: none

Kyra, feeling a bit naked without her armor, launches a sling bullet across the divide.

To hit sling: 1d20 ⇒ 3

but joins Feiya in the 'feeling useless' department as the bullet comes nowhere near to hitting.

Sovereign Court

Female Ifrit Oracle/2 hp 19/19 AC 17 Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 Init +7; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1

Lem skips another rock at the creature.

sling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Shadow Lodge

MAP

Kyra and Lem fail to hit the mushroom from beyond the stars. It reacts by crawling with surprising speed towards the incoming Oloch and slashing with its tendrils.

Attack roll (Fungus vs Oloch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Again, it misses.

Professor Quolorum recharges his crossbow and shoots again.

Attack roll (Prof Q. vs Fungus): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 -> Damage roll: 1d6 ⇒ 3

This time he does not repeat his previous feat.

Round 03 - Bold may act

Lem

Nightmare creature -7hp

Hakon
Professor Quolorum
Oloch
Harsk
Feiya
Kyra

Grand Lodge

Marnarius / Male Human NE Slayer / 7th | HP:41/67 | AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMB:12 CMD:24| F:+9 R:+9 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +11

Harsk loads and fires again...

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9

...and misses again...


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 53/53

Oloch stops focusing so much on his footwork in lieu of concentrating on those concerning tendrils. Moving move speed bonus over to a +1 dodge bonus to AC

Then with a mighty bellow, he swings for the fungus!

Greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14


Female NG Human Cleric 1 | Init: +0 | Speed 30ft | HP: 13/13 (1 non-lethal) | AC/Tch/FF: 10/10/10 14/10/14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +5 | Perc: +3, Dipl: +6, Heal +7, Knowl Relg: +4 | 5/5 Channel Energy | Active conditions: none

Kyra does a double move to get in position to aid Oloch with a channel of CLW next round.

Shadow Lodge

MAP

Harsk and Oloch miss with their attacks while Kyra closes in to the fighting.

Round 03/04 - Bold may act

Lem

Nightmare creature -7hp

Hakon
Professor Quolorum
Oloch
Harsk
Feiya
Kyra

Lem may go as well


NG Human Skald 1 | HP 6 (7)/11(12) | AC 16 [17] T 12 [13] FF 14 [15] | F +4 (+5 singing) R +2 W +1 | CMB/D +3/15 | Init +2 | K: all +2 | Per +3 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Effects: Harrowed (Con), Eye of Gorum, -2 to Hit

With the carnivorous mushroom scrambling away to dine on Oloch, Hakon picks up his axe and then advances down the ledge while singing his bolstering song.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort+1 Ref +4 Will+2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +2 |

As the monster moves further than Feiya can throw, the witch sighs and jogs across to the other side of the cavern.

Double move.

Shadow Lodge

MAP

Hakon and Feiya close in on the fight as well...

Round 04 - Bold may act

Lem

Nightmare creature -7hp

Hakon
Professor Quolorum
Oloch
Harsk
Feiya
Kyra

Shadow Lodge

MAP

As the battle rages Lem stops moving and starts considering the situation... "Do I really want to go near the mushroom of doom???".

Said mushroom unleashes its madness upon Oloch...

Tendril 01 (Fungus vs Oloch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Tendril 02 (Fungus vs Oloch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bite (Fungus vs Oloch): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

And the creature hits everything but the huge half orc standing in front of it.

The professor keeps shooting from afar:"Onward my brave companions! Let's cleanse this evil with the sacred fire of knowledge!"

Prof Q vs Fungus: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 4 = 2 -> Damage roll: 1d6 ⇒ 4

It does NOT go well.

Round 05 - Bold may act

Lem delay

Nightmare creature -5hp

Hakon
Professor Quolorum
Oloch
Harsk
Feiya
Kyra

Sovereign Court

Female Ifrit Oracle/2 hp 19/19 AC 17 Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 Init +7; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1

Sorry, had no way to post yesterday.

Sling, no PBS: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 31d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

The bard's stone flies well wide of the combat.

Just a reminder that Inspire Courage is still up. +1 to hit/damage/saves vs fear


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 53/53

Oloch steps off the swaying bridge to better plant his feet and smashes into the strange fungus with an overhead chop!

Greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14

Keeping my dodge bonus

Grand Lodge

Marnarius / Male Human NE Slayer / 7th | HP:41/67 | AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMB:12 CMD:24| F:+9 R:+9 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +11

Ever persistent, Harsk loads and fires one more time at the fungus creature...

Crossbow: 1d19 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19

Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9


Female NG Human Cleric 1 | Init: +0 | Speed 30ft | HP: 13/13 (1 non-lethal) | AC/Tch/FF: 10/10/10 14/10/14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +5 | Perc: +3, Dipl: +6, Heal +7, Knowl Relg: +4 | 5/5 Channel Energy | Active conditions: none

Kyra moves to the side, waiting for her chanelling to become necessary, and falls back on her sling again.

to hit: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4

She nicks a tentacle, but it barely notices. Not much of an accomplishment since they seem to be everywhere.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort+1 Ref +4 Will+2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +2 |

Feiya, frantically trying to prove herself useful, moves carefully across the bridge toward the monstrous fungus and reaches out to touch the creature's ugly mushroom 'head'.

Touch of Fatigue: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 0 + 1 = 16 vs Touch AC
Fortitute DC 14 or Fatigued for 1 round.
Channelling negative energy through her fingers the witch breaks into a maniacal laugh.


NG Human Skald 1 | HP 6 (7)/11(12) | AC 16 [17] T 12 [13] FF 14 [15] | F +4 (+5 singing) R +2 W +1 | CMB/D +3/15 | Init +2 | K: all +2 | Per +3 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Effects: Harrowed (Con), Eye of Gorum, -2 to Hit

Still chanting, Hakon continues along the ledge until he reaches the start of the bridge.

Shadow Lodge

MAP

While Hakon comes even closer to the fighting, Kyra and Lem once again fail to hit the maddened mushroom. All seems lost when Harsk and Oloch decide they had enough and inflict two heavy blows against the myconid menace! It survives but bluish ichor starts heavily bleeding out of its "body".
Instead of brute force Feiya uses magic to weaken the monster...

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

... but it easily shruggs it off and counters by unleashing a shrill scream of madness.

Oloch, Feiya and Kyra: DC 15 Will save or be nauseated for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds

The professor takes another shot at it...

Professor Q vs Fungus: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10 -> Damage roll: 1d6 ⇒ 3

... in his haste his last attempt proves no better than the previous one

Round 06 - Bold may act

Lem delay

Nightmare creature -26hp

Hakon
Professor Quolorum
Oloch
Harsk
Feiya
Kyra


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 53/53

Will: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Oloch reels from the mindbending shriek!

Grand Lodge

Marnarius / Male Human NE Slayer / 7th | HP:41/67 | AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMB:12 CMD:24| F:+9 R:+9 W:+7 | Init:+2 | Per: +11

Encouraged by his last shot, Harsk loads and let's go another...

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18

Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort+1 Ref +4 Will+2 | Initiative +2 | Perception +2 |

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

By some fierce determination, Feiya resists the maddening scream.
I really did not see that coming.

Quarterstaff Attack: 1d20 + 0 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 0 + 1 - 2 = 8
Quarterstaff Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
Feiya retaliates with a hasty swing of her staff, then retreats from the melee.

Sovereign Court

Female Ifrit Oracle/2 hp 19/19 AC 17 Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 Init +7; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1

Desperate to help, the bard flings another stone.

sling: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 171d3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2


NG Human Skald 1 | HP 6 (7)/11(12) | AC 16 [17] T 12 [13] FF 14 [15] | F +4 (+5 singing) R +2 W +1 | CMB/D +3/15 | Init +2 | K: all +2 | Per +3 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Effects: Harrowed (Con), Eye of Gorum, -2 to Hit

Hakon should have been in range of that if Kyra was.

Will, IR: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Hakon ends his performance with a rallying crescendo.

Immediate: Cast saving finale
Inspiring Rage ends.

Will, IR: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 = 22


Female NG Human Cleric 1 | Init: +0 | Speed 30ft | HP: 13/13 (1 non-lethal) | AC/Tch/FF: 10/10/10 14/10/14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +5 | Perc: +3, Dipl: +6, Heal +7, Knowl Relg: +4 | 5/5 Channel Energy | Active conditions: none

will st: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Fortunately she is not wearing her armor. Also fortunate is the nice pit she throws up into.

Shadow Lodge

MAP

The fungus' shriek proves wildly effective as only Feiya manages to resist its effects. Unfortunately for the mushroom the hardy Harsk was out of range of the sonic onslaught and once again his crossbow shoots true, slamming a bolt into the creature's spongy trunk... as this happens the fungus starts flailing wildly with its tendrils while emitting pitiful screams and everyone present feels his mind assaulted with a barrage of images, sounds and smells, coming faster and faster.
Lem on the other hand doesn't seem amused by this and reacts by sending a bullet towards the monster. The hit seems weak, no more than a slight tickle. Yet once hit the mushroom stops moving and then rapidly collapses into a pile of bluish goo.

Professor Quolorum takes a few seconds to regain his composure before announcing:"Well my friends... I think this marks the end of these so called Phantom Phenomena well done! Well done indeed! What's left to do now is for you to come to the Sincomakti School of Sciences so I can run the required tests on you to study the long-term effects of exposure to the creature’s attacks. And of course... I will also need your assistance in carrying the remains down the mountain."

Scenario over. You saved lower Ustalav from the cerebric fungus nefarious influence! Expect CS in a short while. Thanks for playing!

Sovereign Court

Female Ifrit Oracle/2 hp 19/19 AC 17 Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 Init +7; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1

WOOHOO!!! Lem, the combat monster, carries the team across the finish-line.


NG Human Skald 1 | HP 6 (7)/11(12) | AC 16 [17] T 12 [13] FF 14 [15] | F +4 (+5 singing) R +2 W +1 | CMB/D +3/15 | Init +2 | K: all +2 | Per +3 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Effects: Harrowed (Con), Eye of Gorum, -2 to Hit

"We need to carry the remains?" Hakon asks with trepidation as he looks over the slimy mass of fungal material.

Thanks!


Female NG Human Cleric 1 | Init: +0 | Speed 30ft | HP: 13/13 (1 non-lethal) | AC/Tch/FF: 10/10/10 14/10/14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +5 | Perc: +3, Dipl: +6, Heal +7, Knowl Relg: +4 | 5/5 Channel Energy | Active conditions: none

"See if it will burn. I'm worried it might spread spores if we don't"

Shadow Lodge

MAP

"No no no! I need to study the remains! How else would we be able to learn how to counter its kind in case another one manifested itself in our midsts?" professor Quolorum admonishes Kyra sounding indignant at her suggestion of burning the slimy mushroom's remains...


Female NG Human Cleric 1 | Init: +0 | Speed 30ft | HP: 13/13 (1 non-lethal) | AC/Tch/FF: 10/10/10 14/10/14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +5 | Perc: +3, Dipl: +6, Heal +7, Knowl Relg: +4 | 5/5 Channel Energy | Active conditions: none

"Well, then, I hope you brought some sealable containers; otherwise, dragging its seeds all over the place would be a disaster."

401 to 436 of 436 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]DM Elanmorin Phantom Phenomena All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.