[PFS] 8-08: Tyranny of the Winds Part II (Inactive)

Game Master Blake's Tiger

Subtier 1-2

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 619 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

Scraps flies around overhead [ooc]this round in a desperate attempt to stave off having to make an actual fly check. He draws forth a flask of alchemist's fire and prepares to make another attack run on trench formed by all the bodies. This assumes that those nearby move away at some point or have more than 2 hps.


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

I vs. E: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
E vs. Keelee, EM, entangle: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 11
B, EM: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

Iyasset scours the earth elemental once more with a whirling blast and then rises out of the Goanron's reach. Elsharon sinks into the sand, leaving a small pool of tar behind.

Brutus gains an AOO. Assuming it is not enough to finish Elsharon...

The earth elemental rises behind Thornberry and sweeps a heavy fist at Keelee, but misjudges the distance and throws a wave of sand over the adventurers as her fist pounds the ground.

Combat! Round 5. Bold may act.
Igor & Scraps (Igor -1 hp, includes older damage)
Corona (-12 hp, unconscious, stable)
Brutus (-20 hp, includes older damage)
Thornberry
Keelee
--Round 6--
Theophilus (-2 hp)
Iyasset (-13 hp)
Fire Elemental (red) (-13 hp, dying)
Fire Elemental (blue) (-19 hp, dying)
Elsharon (-39 hp, entangled 4/6)

The Exchange

Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 4 | HP 39/39 (THP 6/6, NL 4) | Burn 1/7 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +8, R +8, W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8

C'mon Gusts, I uh prophesy that Rocky can't last much longer!

Theophilus pursues Elsharon, angling for a clear shot before sending his mace rocketing at her once more.

Telekinetic Blast: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

The Concordance

M Gnome Druid (leshy warden/wild whisperer) HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 9 SM +2 init +2

Thornberry backs away from the elemental and uses his wand once more to help out Brutus CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Leshington, get in there, help Keelee end this!

The leafy miniature soldier bravely produces his sharpened twigs and adjusts his orange rind helmet as he readies to stab at the earth elemental once the swashbuckler draws her blade once more for the flank trying to harry the

Shortspear attack + flank, aid another for Keelee's attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc, Brawler (strangler) 3 | hp 18/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5 (+2 to grapple) CMD 17 (+2 vs grapple) | F +6 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' (Run x4) | Init +2 | Kn(Local +7, Dung. +5), Perc +4 (dark 60), SensM +0 Dirty Fighter, Strangle +2d6, Martial Flexibility (move action) 4/4

Brutus swings his hand axe at the elemental as he sinks into the ground.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
CriticalConfirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
ExtraCritDamage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 5) + 10 = 17

That was AOO, for regular action...

Brutus takes another potion from his backpack and chugs it.

CLWpotion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

Straightening up, Keelee swings with her Aldori sword at the earth elemental

me Aldori sword w/+2 flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 to hit
damage if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Parry and Riposte if attacked:

Panache remaining 1
Parry: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

If successful parry
Counter attack/ +2 flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10 to hit
damage if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

After Theophilus takes his shot Igor interposes himself between the rock and squishy guy, points high over the boulder's shoulder at the far wall kicks the dirt off the end of his morningstar and swings it with all of his might.

morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

THREAT!

confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 additional damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Fortunately, Elsharon's attack was a natural 1 so I don't have to retcon it.

Brutus strikes off a large chunk of the earth elemental as she sinks into the sand. Once she rises out of the sand, the kineticist's blast ricochets off of her stone hide.

Igor steps forward and strikes the elemental with a hard blow from the morningstar, and she crumples into a pile of stone and dirt.

"Well done!" Iyasset cheers. "I would expect nothing less from you who have proven yourselves."

End of Combat

The air elemental descends from the air and gently lifts Corona. "I will lead you to our elder, as promised."

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

<Well, they won. Elsharon's a pile of rubble now.>

She is...dead? A shame. We have much to learn from this Goanron - Anisi clash.

<Oh, we'll learn plenty. You promised.>

The Concordance

M Gnome Druid (leshy warden/wild whisperer) HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 9 SM +2 init +2

Thornberry proudly follows bragging all the while about how heroic Leshington was at the end there.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"Atheth to atheth, dutht to dutht." eulogizes Igor.

He pulls out a dust pan and has Scraps begin the job of tidying up. He contemplates what bottle to use when the same happens to the air elemental.

Silver Crusade

Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

Keelee picks up her dropped wand and tries to use it on Corona again.

UMD wand CLW: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

And it works the first time

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 healing on Corona.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Ugh... did we win?" She coughs. "I see. A shame, I had hoped she would not fight to the death." She rights herself. "If this should ever happen again, I have a wand we can use."

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"Do we need more magical healing?"

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc, Brawler (strangler) 3 | hp 18/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5 (+2 to grapple) CMD 17 (+2 vs grapple) | F +6 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' (Run x4) | Init +2 | Kn(Local +7, Dung. +5), Perc +4 (dark 60), SensM +0 Dirty Fighter, Strangle +2d6, Martial Flexibility (move action) 4/4

Brutus turns to Cel, ”I know you had hoped we could subdue him, but there came a point where that didn’t seem to be an option”

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

Corona simply nods. "Some things cannot be helped..."


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Once Corona channels the life renewing energy, something shifts in the pile of rubble that was the earth elemental. Before anyone can react, it sinks into the ground. Iyasset's expression conveys irritation, but he makes not comment.

The air elemental leads you safely through the desert hills and ravines. Several smaller air elementals join you on your journey, transforming into small whirlwinds to provide you with refreshing breezes (not knowing that your magics protect you from the heat).

Iyasset leads you into a wide canyon, the river that carved it long since dried away. As you approach the Ainsi camp, you first see a long needle of dust rising upwards. Closer, you see that it is a sixty foot tall, roaring tornado in the center of the camp.

"Wait here," Iyasset bids you as he leads you into a small clearing. The camp itself is unusual as there are few covered structures. Here and there are a leather tents, and you catch glimpses of a handful of sylphs, but most of the activity is above the ground. Air elementals of different sizes dance or hover in the sky above the camp. There are stones within the camp that have been carved by erosion in waving, sweeping forms.

A few minutes later, the tornado coalesces upon itself and forms a forty foot tall translucent giant of white clouds with lightning flashing in the space where his eyes belong. Iyasset returns and says, "Aridiea will speak with you now."

Your guide leads you deeper into the camp until you stand beneath the towering elder elemental.

The elder elemental sighs as you come before him. "Ah. Alas. You are not the prophets," he speaks at a surprisingly soft volume, as if his words are carried on the air to your ears from the great height above. "However, you did prove yourselves, which makes you worthy allies. Allow me to apologize for any suffering you experienced due to the differences between the misguided Goanron and my tribe."

After a short pause, he continues, "But you came here in good faith and had a question for me."

No Diplomacy checks are required. They are Helpful.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

<What? You healed Rocky, you dummy! She almost killed you!>

May this act of mercy show her violence is never the answer.

<Boorrring! At least the air elemental is carrying us, yay!>

As they approach the camp, Corona looks around. "All of this is suspended by the wind, yes? Very useful."

<Oh yeah, sustained wind is incredible. Like that air elemental over there. Pretty big, huh? Oh, and he's in the form of a tornado. He could wreck Sothis single handedly.>

Corona bows before the elemental. The voice in her head continues to describe its destructive force.

"Iyasset is an excellent guide, and led us here without significant trouble." Corona subconsciously rubs her shoulder where Elsharon clobbered her into the dirt. "Thank you, elder. We have been searching for a Janni by the name of Jamila. She stole two precious artifacts from us and headed to the Underdunes. We began to follow her when Iyasset met us and said you would know more- if we could prove ourselves worthy."

"Jamila has pale skin, long red hair, gold-colored eyes, and angular brown tattoos. She typically travels with a bird with green and orange feathers whose talons crackle with electricity."

Silver Crusade

Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

Keelee gives a bows as well, but have the need to add any to what Corona said.

The Concordance

M Gnome Druid (leshy warden/wild whisperer) HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 9 SM +2 init +2

Also when you saw Jamila did she seem to be...sensible. Thornberry will chime in She is an old friend - we met at a funeral, a wake really. I just want to know whatever she's doing she's not under ome foul compulsion

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc, Brawler (strangler) 3 | hp 18/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5 (+2 to grapple) CMD 17 (+2 vs grapple) | F +6 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' (Run x4) | Init +2 | Kn(Local +7, Dung. +5), Perc +4 (dark 60), SensM +0 Dirty Fighter, Strangle +2d6, Martial Flexibility (move action) 4/4

Brutus listens intently to Aridiea’s comments, and absentmindedly checks his weapons to ensure they are all sheathed in the proper places.


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

"Yes. The woman you describe--Jamila--was here, and I spoke with her," the elder air elemental answers. "She seemed to be in complete control of her faculties, although I would have no way to know if she had been under a powerful compulsion.

"She met with me in an effort to gain the Ainsi's aid in stopping you from following her, trying to convince me that you were dangerous people. I saw through her lie. She was merely desperate to escape. I sent Iyasset to find you, as her description matched the coming of prophesied prophets that would aid us in establishing a nation of elementals.

"Unfortunately, as I said, you are not those prophets. However, you are good people, and you deserve better than what I can provide you. Jamila continued into the desert, but the winds tell me that she left this plane. She has powerful allies in the elemental planes. She works for those known as the Concordance of Elements. They have become more active on this plane recently, and whatever she stole from you, it was likely at their behest."

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Concordance of Elements...I see. It sounds like we will have to locate them and give chase if necessary." Corona turns to her teammates. "Who is up for it? Besides the voice in my head."

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |
Thornberry wrote:
Also when you saw Jamila did she seem to be...sensible. Thornberry will chime in She is an old friend - we met at a funeral, a wake really. I just want to know whatever she's doing she's not under ome foul compulsion

Igor tries not to roll his eyes at the word 'funeral'.

What a waste. Just because a man's heart is bad doesn't mean his pancreas and kidneys are shot too. Why Igor has a slew of hand-me-downs. In fact, he inherited his grandfather's hands. He has his father's eyes too. Well, one of them his sister got the other. The very fabric of his being is stitched of material passed down from family members and friends. It makes him feel like he is apart of something bigger than himself. People just throw all their discards into landfills without a second thought when really what they should be doing is sorting their recycling.

The Exchange

Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 4 | HP 39/39 (THP 6/6, NL 4) | Burn 1/7 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +8, R +8, W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8

She wouldn't happen to be heading out to the City of Brass would she? I've always wanted to see that.

Theophilus's normally mocking or deadpan voice has the slightest touch of real emotion as he asks the question.


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

"It is difficult to say," the giant replies. "She is not the one who invoked the spell. We have something for you. A gift of friendship and apology for not being of more help."

A tiny whirlwind brings forth a simple copper band.

Loot:
Ring of Sustenance

"Rest here, if you wish. Iyasset can guide you home safely when you are ready."

Silver Crusade

Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

Keelee speaks up "Yes if she is working for these Concordance of Elements, we must find out more and continue our pursuit of Jamila."

The Concordance

M Gnome Druid (leshy warden/wild whisperer) HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 9 SM +2 init +2

A double agent? Interesting...

Thornberry nods gratefully to the Ainsi We are not prophets but your generosity has been the stuff of legends. We hope this can be the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship between our Society and your tribe - please if you are able to restore any more of the city you MUST contact us, that place is a marvel.

Thornberry twirls his orchid between his fingers from the grounds whimsicalls having his thin green tattoos rearrange shape to match.


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Iyasset leads you uneventfully through the Underdunes. He leaves you approximately one hour from Sothis.

Once you enter the Sandswept Halls, Venture-Captain Balentiir looks you over. "Well, I see that you do not have the stolen items. What transpired?"

Note: I told you the wrong loot. The Ainsi give you a Ring of Feather Fall.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"We were unable to catch up to Jamilia, but the Anisi tribe told us who she truly works for: the Concordance of Elements. They exist on other planes of existence, mostly like those of Air, Earth, Fire or Water. The most likely conclusion is that this Concordance ordered her to steal the items for some unknown purpose."

The Exchange

Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 4 | HP 39/39 (THP 6/6, NL 4) | Burn 1/7 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +8, R +8, W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8

So hey, at least we've got a lead on where she's headed next. And some notes. And apparently an importantly pretty flower?


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

"You made contact with the Ainsi tribe?" Balentiir asks with some surprise. "A shame that you were not able to capture Jamila and recover the artifacts, but this is interesting information: that she works for the Concordance of Elements. Well, did you at least make a good impression on the Ainsi?"

The Concordance

M Gnome Druid (leshy warden/wild whisperer) HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 9 SM +2 init +2

Thornberry nods Not only did we make good contact but they said they would give us a call if they manage to recover any more of the city isnt that wonderful?

The Exchange

Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 4 | HP 39/39 (THP 6/6, NL 4) | Burn 1/7 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +8, R +8, W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8

Though uh... they no longer think we're any kind of messianic figures. Sort of a two steps forward, one step back kinda thing.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"They no longer believe we are prophets. It is for the best, lest they rely on us to perform miracles we are incapable of doing."

Case in point: Myself.

<Naaah, I believe in you! Would the King lie to me?>

No, but he may be a delusional fool.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

”Who need to be prophets when you can be pathfinders.” Keelee quips.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 2 | hp 18/22 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +5 W +0 (+2 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnNat +8, Perc +5, SensM +0 |

"Well quipped, mathter!" Igor kicks at Scraps meaningfully.

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 16/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

Scraps claps his appendages enthusiastically, his ears flip up as he unfurls his long tongue. It makes a thin, festive noise. It immediately retracts, sticks out again and makes the noise.


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

A few days later...

Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir sits bent over a weathered scroll. He looks up from the parchment and smiles wearily. “Thank you for waiting in Sothis. As you know, Jamila, believed to be an ally of the Society but actually an agent from the Concordance of Elements attempted to sabotage us by leading you into a trap in the deserts to the east. You have my deepest thanks for dealing with the Ainsi in a manner beneficial to the Society.”

“I would appreciate your tracking Jamila down and discovering her cabal’s goals. My colleagues and I believe she went to Armun Kelisk, a metropolis on the Plane of Air, to convene with other members of her organization. I’ll need all of you to travel to the Plane of Air to pick up the trail. While you are in Armun Kelisk, I have another important task for you.”

Balentiir taps a finger to the image of a gem drawn on the scroll before him. “This is a sketch of the Untouchable Opal. It imprisons the good-aligned lord of air, Ranginori, and is now in our possession. If we can find a way to release Ranginori, he may grant us his blessing, making the outer reaches of the Plane of Air more hospitable for us. Armun Kelisk’s numerous libraries are an invaluable place to start our investigation into the Opal.

“A friend of the Society by the name of Jairo the Enlightener has arranged your travel to Armun Kelisk, and he will meet with you once you arrive. He is a scholarly djinni with many contacts that should prove useful. I advise exercising discretion though—we do not know who may be allied with the Concordance. Do you have any questions?”

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

The charm doesn't hurt too much. This time. Then again, it has been quiet for the last few days, bored by the peaceful period. Corona finishes another book about the different elemental planes and drifts to sleep.

<Hey! Listen!>

Corona wakes up and feels the charms burn against her skin. "Ugh, what now?"

<We're going to the Plane of Aaaaiiiirrr!>

"How would you know that?" Corona shakes her head and visits the Venture Captain almost immediately.

...only for the prediction to be verified.
"I see. This will be my first time to another plane of existence. What dangers should we look out for? What is the best way to travel through the plane?"

<Ask what monsters we're going to kill! And->
"Are most denizens fire resistant, because we need more fire opportunities!" "Corona" giggles before regaining control of herself. "My apologies. But knowledge of elemental resistance will be quite useful. I bought a wand to bypass this, but I trust my own abilities first and foremost."

The Exchange

Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 4 | HP 39/39 (THP 6/6, NL 4) | Burn 1/7 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +8, R +8, W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8

At first glance, Theophilus seems more fidgety than before, but he's not actually doing the moving. Unattended objects near him just keep twitching...

I'm guessing there will at least be air to breathe, but I'll second Cel's concerns. Anything we should be prepared for about going to another realm of existence?

Also, any surprising, yet lethal, laws we should keep from breaking while we're in Armun Kelisk?

Oh! Oh! Does Jairo grant wishes?

Silver Crusade

Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

Keelee nods, "Plane of air? Sounds exciting."

The Concordance

M Gnome Druid (leshy warden/wild whisperer) HP: 15/15 | AC: 19 CMD: 10 | F: 5 R: 2 W: 3 | lowlight vision, Per + 9 SM +2 init +2

Thornberry gives Leshington a high five upon hearing of the trip to the plane of air. You hear that, Sir Leshington - more chances to glide through the air with the greatest of ease!!

His green tattoos swirl with joy at this noise. But he calms down a bit to think on Jamila So with her headed into a city where she and her group are headquartered, are we going to be in any danger? Do we need an attorney? Oh and also what do we do if like...Jamila just doesn't want to talk to us. Do we go looking for her Venture-Captain?


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

"There are many kinds of danger, Thornberry, and I suspect you will encounter several of them," Balentiir says as he begins to answer your questions. "I believe that many creatures native to the Plane of Air are resistant to electricity."

“Most of the Plane of Air is difficult for non-natives to traverse because gravity itself is subjective throughout most of the plane. However, to encourage foreign trade and tourism, the djinn of Armun Kelisk have arcanely simulated gravity in Armun Kelisk that resembles Golarion’s.”

“Armun Kelisk is primarily filled with djinn, but it has a sizeable population of sylphs, gnomes, elementals, and mephits. Sultan Zafer XXXVIII rules from the Sussurran Palace, but the ruthless elemental lord Hshurha commands the entirety of the Plane of Air. Known as the Duchess of All Winds, she rarely interferes with the people of Armun Kelisk. Blessedly, Sultan Zafer himself is far more pleasant a ruler, if a bit epicurean. The city is a metropolis bustling with traders and travelers, so you shouldn’t incur any hostility out in the open.”

"If you cannot locate Jamila or she refuses to talk, see if her compatriots in the Concordance are willing to explain their purpose. Even better if you can retrieve the stolen artifacts."

“Jairo probably can grant wishes, but I doubt he will," the Venture-Captain chuckles, "He has secured your transportation to the Plane of Air. I will speak more on that shortly. He will also be your host while in Armun Kelisk, and he’s already arranged for you to meet with local scholars and dignitaries. If you encounter any need for political support during your mission, ask Jairo. He may have some connections.”

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"I don't need wishes."

<The king wanted more wishes from me, so he picked you as my joyride!>

Corona sighs.

"At least we won't have to worry about fire resistance. We will see what we can learn about Jamila, the Concordance, and the Untouchable Opal."

Silver Crusade

Female human Swashbuckler 2: HP 20 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: -1 | CMD 16 | Perc. +3 | Init. +3

K(nobility): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
K(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Keelee thinks back to any of her studies to see if there was any bits of knowledge that she recalls that might be useful, but draws a blank.


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Knowledge (Planes), DC 15+:
Armun Kelisk is the largest settlement on the Plane of Air. It is divided into seven different islands: the Lower City, the Cyan Keep, the Silversky Markets, the Luminous Court, the Cirussean Ward, the Godsward, and the High Palaces.

Knowledge (Planes), DC 20+:
In addition to simulating gravity, the djinn of Armun Kelisk have also created an artificial day and night cycle for the comfort of their frequent non-native guests.

Knowledge (Planes), DC 25+:
A network of portals connects the city’s seven islands. These portals are heavily guarded, and anyone wishing to access the High Palaces district must possess a special crystal key granted by the sultan himself.

"Well, come, then," Balentiir says. "Jairo has provided a rather ostentatious manner of transportation. It waits you in the gardens."

The Venture-Captain leads you into the lodge's garden where a massive gilded carriage drawn by four white pegasus awaits you. The four pegasus turn their heads as one, looking at you expectantly.

"You have time to do any last minute preparations, but try not to make our host wait longer than is necessary," Balentiir informs you.

I finally caught the flu--from my son, not work--so things may be a bit spotty for a bit.

Sovereign Court

Cleric: Channel 0/4, Fire Bolt 5/6, Spells -/1+1 | HP 3/22 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Saves 5/3/8 | CMD 12 | Perception 9| Init 6| Female Samsaran | Cleric of Sarenrae 1/Wizard (Diviner) 3 | GM Reroll +1 | Wizard: Diviner's Fortune 7/7, Arcane Bond, Spells -/2/1+1 | Sickened |

"Let me think..."

Knowledge(Planes), Sickened: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23

"Ah yes. Armun Kelisk is the largest settlement on the Plane of Air. It is divided into seven different islands: the Lower City, the Cyan Keep, the Silversky Markets, the Luminous Court, the Cirussean Ward, the Godsward, and the High Palaces."

"In addition to simulating gravity, the djinn of Armun Kelisk have also created an artificial day and night cycle for the comfort of their frequent non-native guests. Good, I am not ready to return to a tidal locked area. That was a frightening memory."

"As well, I recall YAY! Fire works on them! Woohoo!" "Corona" has a brief outburst of pure joy and runs around the room for a bit, before the Samsaran is able to regain control.

"Bah, now I've forgotten the last detail." Corona prepares to board the rather elaborate chariot.

The Exchange

Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 4 | HP 39/39 (THP 6/6, NL 4) | Burn 1/7 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +8, R +8, W +2 | Init +6 | Perc +8

A lot of that matched our briefing... probably she's not just hallucinating the Cirussean Ward...

Theophilus elects to take Corona's information at face value, though as he boards he can't help but ask, But the breathing thing isn't that detail right? We'll be able to breathe?


AtAT | PFS2 1-02 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

"As long as you're not a fish," Balentiir says.

One of the pegasus whinnies in amusement.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc, Brawler (strangler) 3 | hp 18/22 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +5 (+2 to grapple) CMD 17 (+2 vs grapple) | F +6 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' (Run x4) | Init +2 | Kn(Local +7, Dung. +5), Perc +4 (dark 60), SensM +0 Dirty Fighter, Strangle +2d6, Martial Flexibility (move action) 4/4

Brutus follows along and examines the pegasi.

”Pretty fancy for a beast of burden, but I guess most common beasts of burden can’t fly...”

301 to 350 of 619 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 8-08: Tyranny of the Winds Part I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.