[OutPost I] GM Eclipse's Mists of Mwangi (Inactive)

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Maps, Handouts, Information.


1 to 50 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Gameplay thread. Please dot and delete.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The Pathfinders find themselves standing before The Blakros Museum. The black spire rising up from the imposing buildings cuts the full moon in twain casting oddly dancing shadows. The black iron gates in front of you howl against the battering winds as you look through to the exhibition hall where the doors are ajar spewing forth a silver-gray mist.

While you look around unsure if this is truly a mission you want to take on a large booming voice interrupts.

“The Blakros Museum is cursed. Some darkness has
descended upon the place and those who enter are blasted with
evil and left raving through its halls, more beast than men. The
curator, Nigel Aldain, is an old associate of the Society, though
he chose to leave our organization some years back after a
disagreement.”
says the looming figure as if the message was committed to memory.

You recognize him as Venture-Captain Adril Hestram, the man who earlier requested your assistance.

His face contorts as if a bad memory is fighting to arise but he continues his speech.

“Nigel has long denied the Society access to the Blakros
Museum’s considerable collection of relics and scrolls, using
his extensive contacts to nab several excellent finds right out
from under us... he always had a nose for the hunt. Whatever
is past between Nigel and the Society, he needs our help now.
Perhaps if we can come to his aid, he may think on rejoining the
Pathfinder Society, or at least offering to share his discoveries
with us.”

He pauses for a breath and then locks eyes with each adventurer before getting into the specifics of the night's mission.

“Apparently the trouble at Blakros Museum began this
morning, shortly after a wayward Pathfinder named Lugizar
Trantos returned to Absalom after months spent in the Mwangi
Expanse. Supposedly, instead of coming straight to the Lodge
to report in, he went to Blakros, sold his finds to Nigel, and
then disappeared with a hefty sum of gold. The few who
glimpsed Lugizar claimed he was much changed by his time
in the Mwangi... gaunt, his eyes yellowed and unfocused, a
strange rasping cough that seemed to wrack his now wasted
frame. Whatever he brought back with him, we believe it is the
cause of the Blakros Museum’s ills. Root it out.”

Feel free to converse among yourselves and ask the Venture-Captain information.

I won't move the actual scenario forward till we begin on the 5th.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

"Venture-Captain, how do we safely enter and traverse the museum if it is filled with this evil? Will we not go mad soon as well?"

Wilen seems very unsure about this mission, fearing that it will cost him his sanity and clarity of mind.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey flexes his claws and shifts in his armor as he waits "Sounds simple. We going to retake them other relics too? While we in there?"

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Ha! Evil is my speciality, son." Uther, a large hairy ulfen man, says as he pats Wilen boisterously on the back, "No need to fear curses when you have the very gods on your side! If that ain't good enough for ya, then take this advice... If you see something evil, whack it with a big stick." He bellows with laughter, his furs rustling softly over his armour/

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

”My choice would be to stand back and blow it to smithereens with an explosive. I’ll take care not to catch you in any of those.” He smirks, trying to catch the lightness of Uther’s mood.

Grand Lodge

A dwarf clad in Mountain Pattern armor, carrying a shield and warhammer, stands still as stone amoung the party. Even with the armor, it is easy to see his full black beard poking out of his helmet.

"I agree with the halfling. My mind is my own, and I'd like to keep it that way manling."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

A purple haired gnome steps in crossbow over his shoulder. He nods to the Venture Captain and says,

"Whatever our course of action, I can support from a distance."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Adril lets out a hearty laugh at the concerns of the Pathfinders.

"I am sure you know at least a little about the infamous Blakros Museum and their relics especially those of the Mwangi people. I mean you wouldn't come over here with no knowledge of what you are getting in to, right?" he tosses a wink and helps fill in any blanks you start to draw on the situation as well as the history.

Knowledge Checks. Roll for any skills you have and open the Spoilers of what you beat.

Knowledge (History) 10:

Much of the Mwangi’s darkest interior
worships a demon lord named
Angazhan, who is described in the
Book of the Damned as a thing of
primordial darkness, a foul-breathed
demon who grunts prophecies of
blood to apes and madme

Knowledge (History) 15:

The Gorilla King’s dread city
was founded hundreds of years past
by cultists who bowed to Angazhan.
It is said they captured the souls of
monkeys in the wood-grains of strange idols called Tik
Taan. The monkeys’ tormented spirits became the slaves
and playthings of Angazhan, who murdered their playful
whims and replaced them with a deep-seated hate and
wild madness. These Tik Taan are rumored to shred the
sanity of anyone who spends too long in their presence.

Knowledge (History) 20:

The cultists who created the Tik Taan were hunted
by a brave tribe of the Mwangi called the Jambala Jaeg.
The Jambala Jaeg created ritual knives, crafted out of
bone handles and obsidian blades, to slay the demons
inside the Tik Taan. Legends speak of the deadly mists
of the Tik Taan, ill humors that invade men’s hearts by
seeping into their mouths. Anyone wearing a scarf or
other protection against the airborne menace is immune
to its effects.

Knowledge (Local) or Diplomacy 10:

Lugizar Trantos spent the better part of a year in the
Mwangi Expanse. At first he wrote letters to his brother
and wife, but after a few months these stopped coming
and most gave him up for dead.

Knowledge (Local) or Diplomacy 15:

His letters spoke of a lucrative find at one point,
three idols of dark wood carved in the shape of bearded
monkeys.

Knowledge (Local) or Diplomacy 20:

The last of his letters evidenced an unhinged
mind, and was covered in strange sketches of monkey
paws. He described dark eyes glaring out from the mists.
Shortly after his return to Absalom, many of the monkeys
and apes in the city’s menageries attacked their keepers
and fled into greater Absalom.

---

He starts to ruffle through his bags and hands Wilen a map of the estate. It is well drawn and has each room labelled with a mark on the room labelled Office.

"Wilen...some say even becoming a Pathfinder you have to be mad. Nothing wrong with it if you are but let's not blow the place up. Hah! I am sure whatever is in there you can handle. This room is the office where Nigel is probably cowering. He should have a better grasp of what is going on in there or you can blaze your own trail."

Slide 5 is Map Handout. I'll use it to mark anything pertinent in your notes. I will add larger slides as we go into each room for ease of viewing.

As you head off he calls out to Grey...

"We will be leaving those relics in one piece and where they belong if we can help it! Oh and you all remain in one piece too. I don't want to have to come in there."

Grand Lodge

Still standing as still as possible, Korgan looks at Adril and says

Knowledge (History) Untrained: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Knowledge (Local) Untrained: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

"Aye manlings, if ain't about smithing, drinking, or hitting, I ain't knowing about it...Although, come to think of it, I think my people tell some stories about that Mwangi place, not much mind you, we've got more important things to talk about, like smithing, drinking, and hitting.

From what memory is recalling, there is some wives tale about Mwangi’s darkest interior worshiping some demon lord named Angazhan, or something similar. Supposed to be some kind of beginning of time darkness demon with bad breath, like stale ale, and spits out bad fortunes to monkeys and men that have gone mad. Probably all just a bunch of hooey if you ask me, although, that there museum sure is looking pretty dark.

So, Adril, we'll get this done for you, but about all that black evil stuff? We just gonna walk in and be fine, or you gonna tell us how to protect ourselves against a foe that can't be hit?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Diplomacy:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Knowledge (History-untrained):: 1d20 ⇒ 4 +2 if pertaining to Cheliax (Delvehaven Star Boon)

"Name's Grim. Nice to meet you all. Is there anything else we may need to know about his condition or the condition of the interior of the museum before we enter?"

Grand Lodge

Korgan looks around at the gathered group.

"Since it looks like we will be working together to solve this problem, I suppose I should tell you a bit about meself. The name is Korgan Stonehammer, Cleric of Torag, Smith of Legend, and the Dwarf that can drink you under the table."

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

diplomacy; gather information: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
"Trantos? Never heard of him?"

After Korgan's introduction Grey responds with his introduction shortly and to the point. "Grey. I kill things." Preparing the enter the museum, Grey retrieves a strange symbol of a single eye from under his armor and hangs it from his neck.

Grey slowly considers Adril's words, scratching at his stubble with long claws, before addressing the others. "If we ain't plundering, straight for t' office?"

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Ha! I'd like to see you try, Korgan. I'm Uther, a priest of the The Drunken God, and though I know nothing about what is happening in that museum, I do know how to hold my ale." Uther says proudly, giving Korgan a friendly pat on the back as he regards the scene in front of him. "I'm with Grey. We should head straight for the office and find out what is happening before we have to deal with too many of the cursed men inside."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

"A dwarf and a priest of Caylen! Looks like I am going to be buying a few rounds after you sort this all out. If I am not diving into a dungeon you can find me with an ale in my hand so we might just have a drink-off!" he says interjecting in the groups banter but when the questions are asked he pauses and starts to look disappointed.

"I wish I had more to share but I only arrived shortly before you did to oversee the matter and there is no telling what kind of curse those relics could be causing. Nothing has entered since so whatever has become of the workers should be the biggest issue. The commotion started shortly after that mist started billowing out...not to mention mist pouring out of a building is a tad odd itself."

He gives one last smile and nudges those standing near the back forward.

I put you all on Atrium Map according to the March order on the slides but feel free to arrange yourselves accordingly. All can open the spoiler below for Approaching the Atrium if that is how you would like to proceed.

Approaching the Atrium:

As you draw closer the temperature begins to drop sharply. The escaping streams of silver-gray mist dance in the moonlight and creep up your legs sending chills that pierce the flesh and gently caress your bones.

From the doorway you see an empty chamber with vaulted ceilings held above by six great pillars of black stone. The fog encompasses the entire room in a silvery haze but braziers upon the pillars call out like beacons radiating a pale light across the room. Shadows dance along the walls and an eerie silence give the impression of being watched by alien creatures.

Decide on how you will proceed/enter the building. The first person(s)
to enter the building provide Will saves.

Grand Lodge

Plan ahead if I have to make the check:
SR 7 if it matters will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Greeting, back from my trip and checking in

GM Eclipse wrote:


"I am sure you know at least a little about the infamous Blakros Museum and their relics especially those of the Mwangi people. I mean you wouldn't come over here with no knowledge of what you are getting in to, right?" he tosses a wink and helps fill in any blanks you start to draw on the situation as well as the history.

Knowledge Checks. Roll for any skills you have and open the Spoilers of what you beat.

** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **...

"I'm not mad, no, but this seems a mite riskier than my last mission. I'll ride the confidence of others though."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"I was able to gather the story of one man in particular, Lugizar Trantos, who came to the expanse nearly a year ago. After a few months he stopped writing back to his loved ones. I suppose that if this is the same madness, then perhaps it can take a while to set in."

My placement in marching order looks good.

As they approach the face of the museum the eerie manifestations give Wilen a bit of a sickly feel. When they look inside he notices the burning braziers and silently wishes to run between them, as islands in the darkness of this place.

In back, so going to await the will saves of others.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grey advances into the museum, casting light on his shortsword pommel to shed extra light.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grim steps forward into the doorway with his crossbow at the ready.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hao Jin Cataclysm

Grey steps forward into the misty atrium of the museum with Korgan shortly behind. The mists swirl around them as they move forward and they feel a chill with each breath. Grey let's out a small cough but otherwise the two seem fine.

Once inside they confirm the only thing sharing this chamber with them is the braziers and mist. A hallway stretching further in matches the map that was handed to the group.

Woops got ninjaed doing a small update, hehe.

Grimblwaldt steps in shortly after them but seems to be having a harder time with the mists. He feels the tendrils of mist filling his lungs and begins to have a coughing fit. Looking upon him you now see the fog streaming into his mouth between coughs which start to sound more bestial. Through the mist you see his form begin to contort or degenerate into something more bestial and when the mist settles you see him hunched over with a twisted form much like an early primate.

A loud clamor is heard deeper within the museum. The sounds of other primates howling ring through the mists causing your hair to stand up on end.

Grimblwaldt:

Here is the interesting part of the scenario. Below will be the template you have gained and the description. You are free to roleplay it as you see best.

-Reduce Intelligence and Charisma to 6
--Charisma and Intelligence based casting is gone.
-Gain+2 enhancement bonus to both Strength and Dexterity
-Immune to fear effects
-Gain +5 circumstance bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth
-Gain +10 circumstance bonus to climb checks
-Gain Climb speed of 20’
-Gain Natural weapon (slam attack) 1d4 for Medium/1d3 for you

You have become a brutish animal but you have not lost your sense of self. Your alignment and goals remain the same but due to the low Intelligence you cannot think your actions through.

Your intelligence leaves you with the ability to speak...poorly.

Intelligence 5-6 "Dull-witted or slow, often misuses and mispronounces words"

Charisma 5-6 "Uninteresting, rude, boorish, and generally unpleasant to be around"

If the others step in roll Will as well. No one senses an immediate threat from him so there is no initiative currently.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen grimaces a bit at the howls within the museum. He stalls for a few very long minutes after his first two teammates have steps into the building and tries to listen for a direction of origin of the howls.

"I really hope those didn't come from near the office we're going to..."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther doesn't have enough time to shiver as the eerie sights around him, too concerned with the condition of his new companion, and rushes into the atrium as Grimblwaldt starts coughing, "You alright, Grim?" Noticing that neither Grey nor Korgan are having any issues, he quickly deduces that it must be the gnome's short stature that gnome is the cause of his discomfort, and he makes to pick him up...

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Only then does he notice the worrying transformation! The large ulfen man recoils at the sight of the gnome-primate that used to be his fellow agent, stepping back and straightening as the worrying howls ring through the museum. He starts looking around the room, wide-eyed and anxious, then he starts to cough himself...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

"Grim feel different. Grim need fixing. Grim hunt for fix in big man cave."
The small gnome scratches his posterior as he talks and begins to move forward deeper into the room, dragging his crossbow behind. His hunched form looking like a small simian from Pathfinder Society accounts of the Mwangi Expanse.

Grand Lodge

Korgan looks back at his party and spits on the ground.

"Pah! Foul magic, should have known. Looks like we will have to press forward and find the source to end this corruption." he says as he strokes his beard in contemplation.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hao Jin Cataclysm

As Uther recoils at the sight of Grimblwaldts new form he feels a the streams of mist coursing into his nostrils. As the thick strands reach deeper into his system the coughing fit intensifies and he falls to one knee with a large thud.

The cacophony of primates rings out once again and Uther returns with his own bestial roar in kind. The mist being scattered by his fall provides a clearer view of his transformation. His limbs begin to jerk as they swell in size straining against his armor. With each primal bellow more thick brown fur sprouts into place across his exposed flesh. Then an abrupt eerie silence takes as the transformation finishes.

The group is left staring at an ape-like caricature of Uther resting upon his knuckles.

Uther:

Here is the interesting part of the scenario. Below will be the template you have gained and the description.

Like with Grimble you are free to roleplay it as you see best. An uninhibited Uther should be interesting.

-Reduce Intelligence and Charisma to 6
--Charisma and Intelligence based casting is gone.
-Gain+2 enhancement bonus to both Strength and Dexterity
-Immune to fear effects
-Gain +5 circumstance bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth
-Gain +10 circumstance bonus to climb checks
-Gain Climb speed of 20’
-Gain Natural weapon (slam attack) 1d4 for Medium/1d3 for you

You have become a brutish animal but you have not lost your sense of self. Your alignment and goals remain the same but due to the low Intelligence you cannot think your actions through.

Your intelligence leaves you with the ability to speak...poorly.

Intelligence 5-6 "Dull-witted or slow, often misuses and mispronounces words"

Charisma 5-6 "Uninteresting, rude, boorish, and generally unpleasant to be around"

---

Wilen stands at the doorway attempting to discern the location of the noise but can only figure it is further in the building.

Poor Wilen now gets to choose how he wants to cross the threshold into the misty atrium.

All the while

Since this isn't combat all are free to move themselves on the map as they see fit to match their actions.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther stands for a few moments, resting on his knuckles and breathing heavily. He then tears off his furs, his clothes suddenly feeling restrictive and uncomfortable, and after a quick scratch, he turns towards the open door, feeling much better. "Come, little man!" He beckons Wilen with a big hairy hand, "We find... find man in other room." He starts moving back towards the door, using his knuckles to help move, just like a gorilla, "Don't be feared. Uther keep you safe!" He says proudly, beating his chest. "Come. NOW!" The last word comes out more as a roar, than a request.

Grand Lodge

Korgan watches Uther's transformation and his shift in personality.

"Aye, watch it uhh...manling. Keep yer head clear lest we have another problem to deal with and I'm still looking forward to that drinking contest."

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey watches the transformation of his allies, tense and ready to strike as the first sign of hostile intent. As they speak, he relaxes and turns back towards the hall heading further into the museum.

Still heading to the office unless we see more simians.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Drink?" Uther turns to Korgan with a confused expression, not quite following everything Korgan said, but definitely picking up on the most important words, "Yes. Drink good!" With one more gesture encouraging Wilen to follow, Uther hastily knuckle-walks over to the other side of the atrium, "Hurry! Sooner we find other man, sooner Uther beat half-man in drink contest..."

Grand Lodge

"Half-man, aye? I'll be paying you back for that one later manthing. I suppose I'll take the lead then."

Korgan then takes his heavy steps forwards, opens the door, and steps into the museum.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen recoils at Uther's gestures. He's becoming less and less convinced.

"Hey guys.... guys? Maybe uh... maybe they meant to send more experienced agents here."

He pauses as Korgan leads them away.

"But I don't wanna be a monkey!!"

He continues waiting, and as they get further the eerie darkness outside reaches the same loneliness as the darkness inside that his group is disappearing into.

He scowls and finally makes up his mind to not be left alone.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaait!!"

He runs into the door after the group.

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 ook ook, ook ook dook

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hao Jin Cataclysm

Wilen finally works up the courage or necessity to chase after the group. He inhales a good deal of the silvery mist which seems to be gravitating towards him while crossing the room and as he calls out his voice grows into a wild howl that draws your attention to look back.

"Waaaaiiii-aaaaroooo-roo" This is where I miss being able to play sounds during a session. Lol.

However turning back all you can see is a whirlwind of mist heading straight for you but he comes crashing down with a thud at your feet. A wall of thick mist blows past all of you towards the back of the museum.

As the blanket of mist peels away from silhouette of Wilen you see he has been struck by the curse as well. He looks up at the group and shakes the dirt out of the newly grown golden-red mane circling his face. It seems that each member has taken on characteristics of different simian creatures.

Wilens new look resembles that of a Golden Lion Tamarin, Uther a Cross River Gorilla, and our first victim Grimbl as a Gibbon.

Wilen:

Here is the interesting part of the scenario. Below will be the template you have gained and the description.
Like with the others you are free to roleplay as you see fit. Alchemy technically isn't spellcasting so I would say you can still use any extracts/mutagens you have made even though you wouldn't quite know what they do. I would say bomb materials are already made so those could be used to but that is up to you if you want to.

-Reduce Intelligence and Charisma to 6
--Charisma and Intelligence based casting is gone.
-Gain+2 enhancement bonus to both Strength and Dexterity
-Immune to fear effects
-Gain +5 circumstance bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth
-Gain +10 circumstance bonus to climb checks
-Gain Climb speed of 20’
-Gain Natural weapon (slam attack) 1d4 for Medium/1d3 for you

You have become a brutish animal but you have not lost your sense of self. Your alignment and goals remain the same but due to the low Intelligence you cannot think your actions through.

Your intelligence leaves you with the ability to speak...poorly.

Intelligence 5-6 "Dull-witted or slow, often misuses and mispronounces words"

Charisma 5-6 "Uninteresting, rude, boorish, and generally unpleasant to be around"

---

Again after the commotion and resulting cacophony of bestial replies an eerie silence settles back over the museum. Grey and Korgan move further in after Grimbl who ran forward after his transformation. When they catch up they find him standing a short distance from the entrance to the hall between two doors.

Above one door is a golden plaque with blood-red letters, "The Honored Dead". East Exhibition Hall. Above you on Map Handout.

Above the other is another plaque with large block letters. "Hunting the Beasts of Legend". West Exhibition Hall. Below you on Map Handout.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Oooh hooh Ha!" Uther bellows with laughter, pointing at Wilen, "See, no need to fear. Now little man STRONG..." He bashes his chest, the hollow sound echoing through the hall, "Strong like Uther!" He removes the bow that had been slung over his shoulder, the string held taught over his enlarged chest, and holds it tightly in his hand like a club, "Which way other man? Uther help find. Hit evil with stick." He punctuates the sentence by rapping the sturdy wooden bow on the floor a few times.

I guess we're heading towards the office, through the honoured dead exhibit, right?

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

On edge with most of his team cursed Grey turns to Korgan with his heavy armor, "You first?" with the suggestion hanging in the air that if Korgan doesn't lead go through the door first, Grey will.

I still vote north.

Grand Lodge

While continuing to look forward, Korgan responds to Grey.

"I've no preference for being first, but our path is clear, we must move forward to dispel this taint."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen hunches over and begins obsessively scratching his left elbow-pit. He grunts derisively at Uther's told-ya-sos. Otherwise he follows Korgan and Grey, and begins juggling his bombs along the way.

Grand Lodge

one of the monkey men has bombs? Oh boy lol

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey flexes his claws, ready for anything, and opens the door heading north.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

With muscles tense and claws ready Grey pushes the door leading into the The Honored Dead. The door gives some resistance with the old hinge unnaturally rusted under the effects of the cursed fog. It scrapes across the ground revealing the exhibition.

A burst of even colder air blasts you in the face as you see a large hall with various exhibitions on the funerary practices of past civilizations. Looming in the thickening mist is a giant helmeted warrior with his arms tightly across his chest and further lining the room are ancient sarcophagi. The mist seeps into the glass cases in the center of the room where long withered dead are put on display with ropes and rods. The whole situation looks like a macabre torture chamber rather than an exhibit with the hazy filter.

The only thing that can be heard is your own breathing until you hear some commotion coming from the behind the door visible on the other side of the room which according to your map is the museum office.

We have moved into slide 7 and I have placed Grey who is in the doorway currently.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Evil?" Uther asks as he follows Grey into the room and sees all the macabre sights. He then knuckle-walks towards the giant warrior, his bow rapping against the floor with every step, "Uther no like giant man. " Just as he is about to nudge the display with a fist in order to test its evilness, he hears the commotion from the other room, "Ooh ooh other man! Come! We save!" Excited, Uther once again beckons the others to follow as he rushes towards the sounds.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey crosses the room quickly, 'commotions' are what he joined the Society for. He pauses briefly at the door to listen and check his flank.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Silently noding to Uther, Grey readies to breach the office.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Hmm, apparently the Golden Lion Tamarin is very squeaky.

Wilen plods along behind Grey, starting to pick bits of fuzz and dirt off of the back of his clothes. His form doesn't make much noise on the ground, but his constant squeaking betrays his presence just behind.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grim monkey walks with the crossbow dragging on the ground behind him. He follows Uther to the sounds of the commotion.

"Grim need fix!"

Grand Lodge

Seeing the non-verbal communication between Grey and Uther, Korgan will prepare for battle.

Korgan casts protection from evil on our alchemist, which he hopes might help him fight off the corruption. He also whispers a short prayer to Torag for strength in arms and casts bless on the party. Finally, he casts Ironbeard and, well, his beard becomes iron spikes.

2min timer ticking for these buffs.

He then nods at Grey indicating that he is ready, scratching his newly ironed beard at the same time.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Korgan prepares the party to enter the thickened mist of the exhibition hall by providing them with his god's blessing and attempting to help Wilen fight his curse. Will Save (DC12) w/ +4 Bonus Wilen

Successful Will Save:

As the protection spell wraps around Wilen he starts to dry heave and a moment later a thick clump of congealed mist is coughed up onto the floor before dissolving. You no longer feel the mists attempting to enter your body. You are cured.
---

Uther takes a moment to stare down the large warrior on display but as dust starts to break away he is distracted by the commotion within the offices. With Grimblwaldt following his fellow companion closely they move deeper in to the room.

Grey also moves towards the door trying to discern the noise which sounds like furniture being toppled but after the abrupt silence he turns around to find not only Wilen squeaking along behind him but the grim displays are beginning break free from their constraints as more mist funnels into their slacked jaws and hollow skulls.

Knowledge (Religion) CR 11 Red/Orange:

The giant kellid warrior and the qadiran warlord are skeletons with the undead trait and DR/5 bludgeoning. For every 5 you beat the DC you may request one item from List
---

Knowledge (Religion) CR 11 Yellow:

The mummified corpse is actually a ghoul dressed in Osirian Seer garbs. It has the undead trait and channel resistance +2. For every 5 you beat the DC you may request one item from List
---

Knowledge (Religion) CR 11 Green:

The bronze armored corpse is a zombie. It has the undead trait and DR/5 slashing. For every 5 you beat the DC you may request one item from List
---

GM Rolls:

Initiative Grey: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Initiative Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative Uther: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Initiative Grimbl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative Korgan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Initiative Orange: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Initiative Green: 1d20 ⇒ 11

The mummified remains of an Osirian Scarab Seer (Red) pushes through the velvet ropes and lunges after Grimblwaldt claws first in an attempt to paralyze him.

Claws: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

However the Seers movement is still rigid from decades of collecting dust.

"RWaaorgh!"

A unnatural groan comes from the giant warrior near the door as it breaks free from the restraints that once held the inanimate corpse in position. It grabs an ivory club leaning against the display and lashes out at the nearest living creature, Korgan.

M. Ivory Greatclub: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

However the strike goes over the dwarfs head.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Enemy (Yellow)
Enemy (Red)
---------------
Wilen
Korgan
Uther
---------------
Green
Orange
---------------
Grimbl
Grey

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Weapon Damage/Saving Throws (Morale)
Once during the spell’s duration, an affected creature can roll an attack roll or saving throw twice and take the higher result. The target must decide to use this ability before the first roll is attempted.

PENDING
Will save from Wilen +4
Knowledge (Religion) for each enemy

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

knowledge religion (red/orange): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
knowledge religion (yellow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
knowledge religion (green): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grey sucks breath as the displays begin to move. Slow on the reaction he smiles exposing canine teeth. The thrill of the fight is a wonderful thing.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

No knowledge skills trained (damn cleric skill points per level lol).

Having just been the target of an attempted attack, Korgan looks at his assailant calmly.

"Well, ain't you ugly"

Warhammer Swing: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Warhammer Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Beard Attack: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (1) - 6 = -5
Beard Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Cold Iron

This will probably go terrible for the attack rolls, but I want to use that beard attack at least once lol

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Wilen suddenly regains himself. As he sees what he's juggling his eyes become almost as big as the bombs themselves in shock! He quickly catches each in succession and stuffs it back into his belt pouch.

With better clarity of mind, and surveying the threats around him, he stays in place and pops one of his prepared extracts.

Consume targeted bomb admixture

Grand Lodge

I didn't think protection from evil would work, but I'm glad our alchemist has his wits about him again. Something about a monkey with bombs didn't seem safe.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Monkeys with bombs sounds perfectly safe to me... But then again, I am currently one of those monkeys. :)

Uther starts pounding his chest, whacking his bow against the floor, and howling, "Oooo Aaagh aah!" He runs around the hall, making as much noise as possible, throwing exhibits around in a display of dominance as he circles the Mummified Osirian Scarab Seer. "Uther stop evil!" He bellows as he swings his heavy bow, two-handed, with all the supernatural strength he can muster.

Atk. Empty Quiver; Mist Tainted; Bless: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 Doh!
Dmg. Bludgeoning; Mist Tainted: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

I have a feat that lets me use my bow as if it is a heavy mace, but it doesn't threaten so I'll have to use my slam for AoO. :)

Move action 30', Standard to Attack Red

1 to 50 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost I] GM Eclipse's Mists of Mwangi Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.