[OutPost I] GM Eclipse's Mists of Mwangi (Inactive)

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Maps, Handouts, Information.


51 to 100 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Yeah, the scenario leaves it fairly open ended with what can cure it and from it's second effect it seemed fitting to give him a new will check. Although a monkey juggling bombs sounds like a fun yet dangerous time.
---

Wilen snapping free from the curse quickly examines the situation and pulls our a glowing extract but the Bronze Legionnaire display (Green) strikes out in at the sudden movements.

Longsword (AoA): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

However he goes wide cleaving through part of a display while Wilen guzzles his extract uninterrupted.

---

Back near the entrance Korgan quickly and calmly strikes in retaliation against the reanimated Kellid warrior. His warhammer swings a wide arc across the giant undeads midsection a spray of bones and furs is sent across the room. He attempts to follow-up with a strike from his cold-iron incased beard but as his head swings it only clears away some of the mist surrounding him.

---

Uther charges about the room knocking over multiple sarcophagi and various armor stands. As he rounds the display case he swings his bow much like lumberjack attempting to down a tree in one strike but his increased strength was hard to control causing the attack to go above the hunched Seers head.
---

The bronze adorned legionnaire (Green) continues its attack on Wilen while the Qadiran Warlord display (Orange) steps up to Grey swinging a scimitar in a wild arc.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

M. Alchemical Silver Scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Between rigor and the hazy mist covered room neither of the enemies are able to come close to striking the Grey or Grimlwaldt. They let out cries of rage.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy (Red)
---------------
Wilen
Korgan
Uther
---------------
Green
Orange
---------------
Grimbl
Grey

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Weapon Damage/Saving Throws (Morale)
Once during the spell’s duration, an affected creature can roll an attack roll or saving throw twice and take the higher result. The target must decide to use this ability before the first roll is attempted.

PENDING

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey steps to the side, utters a prayer to his god "везение". and attempts to sink his claws into Qadiran Warlord. "You remember your life undead?"

Five foot step, swift action fervor to cast divine favor, full attack.

to hit; vs orange, claw, divine favor, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 15
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

to hit; vs orange, claw, divine favor, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

@GM Eclipse: you grabbed the spell info for mythic bless, not normal bless.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Woops. I will adjust it next time.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grim takes a 5 foot step closer to the office and lets loose with his crossbow on "Green".

Crossbow+Bless+Mist: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Welp ... that didn't work

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Grim steps jumps back and attempts to fire off his crossbow. The unfamiliar limbs cause him to jerk the bow upwards when setting the string and the bolt ricochets off the display case.

Meanwhile Grey rears back and attempts to drive his claws into the Qadiran Warlord. His opponent barely deflected the first claw the scimitar but left a huge opening for the second to strike true. Grey forces his claw into the chest of the decrepit display before asking "You remember your life undead?" and for a moment it looked as if the undead was able to ponder it's past life but was soon interrupted by the claw driving upwards sending the skull flying across the room.

---

The Ossirian Seer loses focus on Grim as he steps back turning to Uther.

"Gruuuh" it moans while reaching out with fetid claws and clacking jaw.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Leaning in jaw first it clamps down onto Uthers shoulder muffling the unholy moans as it reaches around to rake it's claws against his back...

Fortitude 14 (Open on failure):

CON Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
DEX Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
The bite has imparted you with Ghoul Fever. You feel your body weakening as if it was starting to decay. Your movements are slowing with signs of rigor.
---

Fortitude 13 (Open on failure):

Paralysis Duration/rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
You feel the filth of the claws coursing through your bloodstream and locking up your system. You are unable to move or act, frozen in place.
---

Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

...the first bandage wrapped claw sinks into his adjacent shoulder before being raked across his back leaving a deep gouge...

Fortitude 13 (Open on failure):

Paralysis Duration/rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
You feel the filth of the claws coursing through your bloodstream and locking up your system. You are unable to move or act, frozen in place.
---

Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

...and with luck the second claw doesn't have the strength to penetrate his armor.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy (Red)
---------------
Wilen
Korgan
Uther(-8)(Pending Saves)
---------------
Green
---------------
Grimbl
Grey

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Saving Throws against Fear (Morale)

PENDING
3x Fortitude by Uther

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen takes a guarded step back from the animated soldier next to him and lobs his bomb back at it.

bomb ranged touch attack to green, bless: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
bomb fire damage, targeted bomb admixture (double INT bonus): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
No splash damage due to targeted bomb admixture

Grand Lodge

Seeing his enemy defeated, Korgan races as fast as his stunt legs will carry him to aid his fellow agents.

Double move forward.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Fort Save #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Fort Save #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Fort Save #3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"AAaaagh!" Uther bellows a primal scream as the Scarab Seer sinks it's rotten teeth into his furry flesh. He tries to fight back, lifting his arm to punch the ghoul away, but his limbs stiffen and he's horrified to find that he can no longer move as the unholy creature continues to gnaw on his shoulder, digging its claws into his back for added purchase.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Wilen steps back winding up to throw a bomb at the bronze clad monster. Upon impact it envelops the legionnaire in a cloud of mist and fire with the sound of metal being blown apart. As the dust clears only a few pieces of the bronze half-plate remains attached as the enemy wavers.

Korgan rushes towards his allies as Uther screams out unable to make a movement.

---

Barely holding together the legionnaire display shambles towards Wilen once again swinging a longsword with its remaining arm.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Wilen's surprise at it surviving leaves an opening for the sword to open a wound across his chest.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy (Red)
---------------
Wilen(-4)
Korgan
Uther(-8)(Paralysis/3 Rounds)
---------------
Green(-9)
---------------
Grimbl
Grey

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Saving Throws vs. Fear (Morale)

PENDING

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Dropping the lifeless skull of the Warlord Grey looks at the bronze glad monster (orange) with it's back to him, such a tempting target, and then to the Osirion Seer (red) that had Uther paralyzed and helpless. He can't die yet. Might need him.

Decision made, Grey prowls behind the Osirion Seer (red) and takes a swipe at the back of his legs. Looking for the light of intellegence in the ghouls eyes, Grey prays; "Die, and serve Father."

to hit; vs red, claw, divine favor, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
damage; vs red, claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grim takes another 5 foot step back, reloads his crossbow and takes another shot at the Osirion Seer.

Crossbow, Mist and Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Grey makes the decision to assist uther quickly moves after his next choice in prey, the Seer. After rushing up behind his target he sweeps his razor-sharp claws at the legs of his target but only succeeds in shredding the burial wrappings. With a groan the Seer turns towards it's new threat.

Grimblwaldt however leaps back before firing a bolt towards the Seer. Becoming more comfortable in his new form the bolt sinks into the shoulder of the ghoul doing serious damage and muffling it's groans.

---

The Seer now ignoring the paralyzed Uther turns it's attention to it's attacker, Grey.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

It attempts to clamp down on the claw that swept towards it's legs but Grey is too quick...

Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...however the following flurry of fetid claws opens up a moderate wound across his chest and Grey begins to feel a slight tingling...

Fortitude 13 (Open on failure):

You feel the filth of the claws coursing through your bloodstream and locking up your system. You are unable to move or act, frozen in place.
Paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
---

Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grey's instincts kick in easily knocking away the second strike of the ghoul's claw.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Red(-3)
---------------
Wilen(-4)
Korgan
Uther(Paralysis/2 Round)
---------------
Green(-9)
---------------
Grimbl
Grey(-5)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Saving Throws vs. Fear(Morale)

PENDING
Fortitude Save Grey

Grand Lodge

Korgan rushes to the aid of his fellow agents.

"I'm coming manlings! Let that foul creature taste my hammer!"

Charge attacking.

Warhammer Swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Warhammer damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Unfortunately, it appears his stunty legs weren't quite balanced at the end of his charge in time to deliver his hammer blow.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
As the numbness sets in his lungs, Grey relies on his training from the cult and fights through the paralysis. Step. Lunge. Guard. The lungs are only numb. Breath in. Breath out. They are working even though you can't feel them.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen winces as the sword digs into his chest. He can tell this bronze creature is badly damaged and desperately swinging at him. It doesn't make him feel better though, as he knows how dangerous a cornered creature can be.

He takes a step back and lobs a standard bomb at it, hoping to put it out of its misery.

5' guarded step

bomb ranged touch attack to green, blessed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
bomb fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Grey is able to focus on his breathing allowing his body to overcome the paralyzing effects of the ghouls assault.

---

Korgan closes the rest of the distance to the group but his charging blow goes wide sending the warhammer crashing down into the museums tiled floor with a resounding thud.

The halfing alchemist, Wilen, is able to recover from the legionnaires last attack and he carefully steps back following up with another bomb. Remembering the arc and power of his last toss with slight adjustment guides the bomb directly into the remaining bronze breastplate. A thunderous boom rings out sending the mists billowing upwards and outwards. Once the aftermath has dissapated only bronze scraps are remain on the downed skeletons charred frame.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Red(-3)
---------------
Wilen(-4)
Korgan
Uther(Paralysis/2 Round)
---------------
Grimbl
Grey(-5)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack//Saving Throws vs. Fear (Morale)

PENDING

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

to hit; claw, divine favor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

to hit; claw, divine favor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Grey attempts again an again to swing with the ghouls guard, but can no get a blow in.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grimblewaldt reloads his crossbow and aims another shot at the Seer.

crossbow, bless, taint: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Grey attempts to retaliate against the ghoul but his strikes fail to penetrate it's defenses as he splits focus between the attacking and his breathing defense.

From across the shattered display Grim is able to fire a bolt that slices through the ghouls arm leaving tattered cloth falling it it's wake.

---

The Seer is still locked in combat with Grey and trades attacks. It breaks it's guard to lean in jaw first for another assault.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The ghoulish seer is still unable to sink it's teeth into Grey but the claws are able to dig into him once again as the battle wears on his reflexes...

Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Fortitude 13 (Open on failure):

You feel the filth of the claws coursing through your bloodstream and locking up your system. You are unable to move or act, frozen in place.
Paralysis/Rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
---

Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Fortitude 13 (Open on failure):

You feel the filth of the claws coursing through your bloodstream and locking up your system. You are unable to move or act, frozen in place.
Paralysis/Rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
---

...The claws rake down his forearms leaving gashes that begin to sting severely.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 4 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Red(-4)
---------------
Wilen(-4)
Korgan
Uther(-8)(Paralysis/1 Round)
Grimbl
Grey(-12)(Pending Fortitude Saves)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Saving Throws vs. Fear(Morale)

PENDING
Fortitude x2 from Grey

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Seeing how tightly packed his teammates are around the remaining enemy, Wilen downs his other extract that gives tighter targeting to his bombs.

Consume extract of Targeted Bomb Admixture
15', move action

Grand Lodge

Korgan throws his full weight into his blow, hoping it is enough to fell the foul creature.

"Blasted thing, doesn't it know it's already dead! Bah!"

Warhammer Swing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Warhammer Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Comfortable now with the toxins running through his veins, Grey continuous his dogged assault.

to hit; claw, divine favor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

to hit; claw, divine favor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Korgan and Grey work in tandem to strike down the ghoulish seer. The warhammer of Korgan comes crashing down on the skull of the Osirian Seer fracturing it into pieces as Grey digs a claw into each shoulder and the sound of tearing rotten flesh is followed by the arms being tossed aside. The ghoul let's out a death wail that almost sounds like a sigh of relief before crumpling down next to it's arms.

Combat Over. Uther rouses from his paralysis

The room grows quiet once again and the mist thins slightly revealing the frosted glass of the office door the group was heading towards is shattered on the ground.

Feel free to take your time patching things up and then let me know your actions. That was a rough one (friggin ghouls) but it came together.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen will attempt to ret-con his extract consumption as end-of-combat rendered it useless :)

Just as wilen begins to imbibe his extract he watches Grey and Korgan take the last ghoul down, quickly, at once. He coughs in surprise, but then further in hopes of spitting his valuable extract back into it's tube. He looks around to see if anybody noticed...

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther finally finishes his swing, hitting what's left of the Scarab Seer on the ground. "Bad man! Bad! He yells, hitting it a few more times with his bow for good measure. Finally, breathing heavily from all the exertion, Uther looks at the nasty bite mark on his shoulder. "Uther, man. Not food!" He touches the wound, mumbles something that might be a prayer, and it starts to close.

Looking at the broken glass, Uther starts making his way over to investigate, "Other man in trouble? We must save! Come, come." Learning nothing from his harrowing experience with the paralysing abilities of his most recent foe, he beckons the others to follow.

I had a crazy time in real life in the run up to this game and totally forgot to buy a wand of CLW. I'm spontaneously casting instead. :)

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

That is fine. We will just say you swished it around a bit and put it back into the vial. A little backwash shouldn't weaken it too much, right?

Grand Lodge

"Alright laddies, lets take a look see around and see if we can find the source of the evil or these monsters."

Korgan says as he glances around the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"Oh and let me close up some of them wounds. Let's just get a wee bit away from them critters in case I go an' wake them up, aye?"

Korgan will channel positive energy to heal somewhere 30ft away from the dying/destroyed foes since he doesn't quite know if it'll heal them.
Channel Energy to Heal: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Channel Energy to Heal: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Wounds mostly healed from Korgan's divine healing, Grey retrieves a wand and utters the command word "адский". Every so slowly the blood that had been spilled on the floor congeals and begins crawling towards Grey like a hundred small leeches. Slowly they crawl up his legs and armor and into his open wounds, with each blood leach that returns the wounds are a little smaller.

Casts a wand of infernal healing.

Not waiting for the infernal magic to finish, Grey heads to the next door where the commotion came from earlier and prepares to open it. "Ready?"

Buffs are still running and everyone but Grey is fully healed, shall we rush forward?

Grand Lodge

Korgan walks over to Grey's position.

"Aye manling, whenever the group is ready, rather not rush everyone to their doom if they ain't."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Thanks for the healing, Korgan! P.S. That's the most infernal sounding, infernal healing I've seen. Nice. :)

Uther attempts to stamp on the evil looking blood leaches, but after a frustrating few moments of ineffectual effort, gives up and follows the others towards the office.

I'm good with rushing forward to keep the buffs going.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Also good with rushing forward

Grand Lodge

Korgan looks back at his group for confirmation; upon seeing the nods, he returns to face the door.

"Aye, looking like we be ready, Grey... BREACH!" he shouts as he works with Grey to get into the next room.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

GM Rolls:

Perception: Korgan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception: Grey: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception: Uther: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Stealth: Purple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Stealth: Blue: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

With a roar Korgan pusheds aside what is left of the door and enters the office hallway with Grey

The mist in this sweeps across the floor in a thick roil where you aren't able to see past your knees and tendrils lurch along the walls towards a raised roof where another thick cloud of silvery mist has settled.

Uther notices an odd shadow within the mist when he looks up but cannot make out any specifics. However Grey using his keen senses can clearly make out two figures clinging to the vaulted ceilings above the office. The closer one looks like a worker twisted by the mists influence, part-man and part-baboon covered in bloody-tattered robes.

They start slowly moving towards the group by crawling through the mists.

The roof looks to be 15 ft. high. and the two monkey-people don't seem to be aware you see them, yet.

COMBAT TRACKER - Surprise Round - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Grey
Uther
Wilen
Korgan
Grimbl

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Saving Throws vs. Fear(Morale)

PENDING

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

With the bloody apes too far away for Uther to hit with his bow, a strange thought pops into his head. "Don't be feared of evil monkey men. You watch! Uther stop them from far away." He reaches back and pulls out an arrow from his quiver, and instead of throwing the arrow at his enemy, Uther has the novel idea of firing it from his club-like weapon. "Haha! Small stick fly like tiny angry bird."

Atk. Longbow; Mist, PBS, Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 17
Dmg. Piercing; PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Attacking Blue.

Grand Lodge

Riding on his initial charge and wanting to make a quick, decisive attack, Korgan roars as he throws his hammer full force into the closest monkey-man.

Hammer Time: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 vs flat-footed
Hammer Time, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Hammer Time, Crit confrim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 vs flat-footed
Hammer Time, Crit Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

After Korgan throws his hammer, Wilen steps forward for a clearer shot at the monkeys.

15', move action
Throw bomb, ranged touch attack, purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Bomb fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
If miss, lands on square: 1d8 ⇒ 6 If missed, southwest square from purple, no splash damage to blue

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey recites a prayer "Очаровательное Присутствие" and takes on a terrifying aspect, striking paralyzing fear on all who would attempt to strike him.

Grey used his Charming Presence blessing. Any enemy that attempts to attack him must make a DC 14 Will save or loose that action, similar to sanctuary except that it is mind-effecting, and that it ends only for the target of Grey's attack when Grey attacks.

Surprise round:
Free action, five foot step forward.
Standard action, Charming Presence blessing.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

I somehow missed that this was a surprise round. My turn is just the movement then. Bomb-throw redacted since it can only be a move or standard action.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The monkeys are suddenly surprised by the volley of attacks from the party.

Uther's angry bird-stick whizzes past the first enemy before sinking deep into the chest of the other. Moments later it is followed by the sound of cracking bones and a gurgled roar from the closer of the primates.

Wilen and Grimbl both make adjustments getting ready for the ensuing fight while Grey recites a prayer enveloping him in an aura of energy that unsettles those who strike against him.

GM Rolls:

Intiative (Blue): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Intiative (Pink): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Intiative (Grey): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Intiative (Wilen): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Intiative (Uther): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Intiative (Grim): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Intiative (Korgan): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grim once in position launches a bolt from his crossbow at the closest enemy which bites deep into the primates arm just as it was recovering from the hammer strike.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

---

Acrobatics (Blue): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Acrobatics (Pink): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

The two primates drop down from the pillars and rush the group tossing aside furniture that shatters against the walls. You believe you hear faint muffled screaming coming from behind them.

Will (Pink): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Slam (Pink): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Slam (Blue): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The grievously wounded primate is in a blind rage ignoring the terrifying presence of Grey but his wild strikes still can't land. The other foe has the same trouble trying to attack Wilen. They howl out in anger!

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimbl
---------------
Enemy (Blue)(-9)
Enemy (Pink)(-17)
---------------
Grey
Wilen
Uther
Korgan

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 Attack/Saving Throws vs. Fear (Morale)

PENDING

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

With a monkey right in his face, Wilen suddenly doesn't like his position. He takes a step back before lobbing his bomb at that same monkey.

Throw bomb, ranged touch attack, bless, blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
If miss, lands on...: 1d8 ⇒ 1 => falls short => Empty space in front of blue... splash damage all around :/ sorry guys

Bomb fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Splash damage, DC 13 reflex for half: 1 + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grey grins as the prey approaches the hunter, and then reels in shock as the alchemists flames scorch his sideburns.

Full round attack, attacking pink (the most wounded) first, attacking blue next if it goes down. Takes 5 damage from the bomb,
heals one from infernal healing.

to hit; claw, divine favor, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 26
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

to hit; claw, divine favor, bless: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 14
damage; claw, divine favor: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

No longer holding his trusty warhammer, but seriously wanting it back, Korgan rushes forward at full power.

Overrun vs right enemy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Trying to get to the square my hammer was thrown to. Overrun rules for reference https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/#TOC-Overrun

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Hahoo Oooh!" Uther, still enjoying the neat new trick he learnt for his bow, bellows with laughter, jumps up and down, and points at the feathered stick poking out of the other ape-man's chest.

If Korgan is successful:
When Uther hears the muffled screaming from behind the two murderous apes, he suddenly remembers what he's here for. He charges for the ape-man directly in front of him and and swings at him with his bow. Blue

Atk. Empty Quiver; Mist, Bless, Charge: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Dmg. Bludgeoning; Mist, Two-Handed: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5

Otherwise:
When Uther hears the muffled screaming from behind the two murderous apes, he suddenly remembers what he's here for. He drops his bow and starts climbing the walls, rushing along out of reach of his adversaries before dropping down behind them with a loud roar.

Taking 10 for the climb checks for 23, travelling 40' up and over the enemy, and drops down directly behind purple.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Wilen steps back before lobbing a bomb but the screaming of his enemies affects his aim causing it to fall short sending shrapnel at the group.
Reflex Save from Wilen/Korgan.

Reflex (Pink): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Reflex (Blue): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Both monkeys leap above the most of the blast but as the badly wounded one clumsily lands he is caught in Grey's thrashing claws and succumbs to his wounds falling unconscious. Without hesitation Grey turns to rakes the remaining primate across the arm leaving a deep gash.

---

As one enemy falls Korgan takes his chance to charge through to reclaim his weapon.

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Seeing the incoming dwarf his enemy tries to lash out but can't strike and Korgan successfully plows past.

And not a second later Korgan is replace by roaring Uther who brings his bow crashing down on the dizzied enemy with a resounding THUD! He wavers side to side for a moment before falling backwards echoing the earlier THUD!

Both primates begin to cough violently before globs of thickened silver mist are vomited up. Their features go pale and soften back to their human characteristics.

The group is able to hear the muffled shrieking clearer now and it is originating from one of the toppled cabinets further in the office.

Combat Over!

PENDING
Reflex from Korgan and Wilen to half splash damage.

Grand Lodge

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey quickly checks on the two creatures that were once beast men, standing guard to ensure they pose no further threat. He moves aside so that another can inspect the thumping cabinet.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther holds his bow above his head and starts to cheer, only to realise that the evil he just whacked with his stick was actually people. "Men made strong like Uther, but heads go bad?" He stops his cheering and starts scratching his head. "They men now. Uther saves men, only kill evil. He reaches down and pats the unconscious men roughly on their heads with his abnormally large and strong hand, "You not die today. Drunk man in sky make you better."

He then hops up to investigate the screaming. "SHUT UP! We save you." He howls, using every last bit of diplomacy he can muster.

Casting stabilise on the fallen.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The fitful breathing of the two scribes ease as their bodies stabilize and they show no sign of troubling you further.

From inside the cabinet a terrified scream replies to Uther, "N-n-n-o! You-you sound like one of those terrible b-b-b-beasts." followed by exaggerated sobbing.

A Diplomacy check from someone may help or one can attempt to pry open the damaged cabinet with a Strength check.

Grand Lodge

"Oy laddy, only some of us be the beasts you speak of, and none mean you harm regardless."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 17

51 to 100 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost I] GM Eclipse's Mists of Mwangi Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.