[OutPost I] GM Eclipse's Mists of Mwangi (Inactive)

Game Master Agent Eclipse

Maps, Handouts, Information.


101 to 150 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

"...you...you aren't one of those monkeys..." replies the voice followed by a moment of silence then the cabinet creaks open.

Inside is a quite plump human that begs the question of how he was able to squeeze in there. The question of how he became that size is far more apparent as he still has icing from a number of sweet buns smeared across his face.

After taking a few moments to wiggle free he stands with shaky knees and with a shakier tone introduces himself, "My-my-my-my names is Saldak and I work as a scribe here. Thank you for saving me...you saved me right?"

He looks wearily around the room and past Korgan before seeing his colleagues on the ground. "Yeaaagh! Are they dead? This morning all that mist came surging through the offices and it...it poured down Kadarnik and Yannis's throat before they turned into raving beasts...that k-killed Milgen while I hid in the cabinet."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

"Yes, we're here to save you, and any others we can recover." Wilen assures the plump human.

"Can you tell us how many more museum workers there are, that might be afflicted by the curse?"

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

"Where is Nigel! Where is the artifact!" Grey snaps at the man as he inspects the bodies searching for gold, weapons, and keys.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Why mists inside?" Uther wonders, "Mist not belong inside." He sees Grey searching the bodies, and decides that searching the room would be fun. He starts tipping over any furniture that is still standing, lifting tables to look under them, and tossing draws across the room in search for the source of the mist.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

"I uh...Nigel went to the storage for inventory this morning and there should have been at least two more on shift to help. It is through the West Exhibition hall." replies Saldak to Wilen before recoiling at Grey snapping further questions. He starts to sob again.

"ITS...IN THE...NORTH HALL! PLEASE...DON'T HURT ME...that thing..that thing it is what caused the mist to enter this building...that foul monkey shaped idol Lugizar brought. I’ve a nose for trouble, I do! No one listens!"

While this is occuring Uther finds some tatters of cloth transcribed with strange writing and tagged with a label “Tik Taan Idols,
courtesy of Lugizar Trantos”
. It calls out to Uther for some unknown reason (Linguistics 15 or other means to read). Further inspection also reveals a large sack of gold coins under one of the toppled cabinets.

Hearing the jingle of the coins Saldak turns..."Please take those and let me live! I am of no use to you...just a scribe for the museum."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Monkey idol make mist? MAGIC MONKEY!" simian Grim begins to hop up and down with excitement at the prospect of a magic monkey.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen scowls at Grey before reassuring Saldak. "Don't worry. We're not going to hurt you. We thank you for the info, we're going to go have a look and see what we can do to end this madness. You'll know it when the mists subside."

He walks over to the Uther, looking over his shoulder at the writing on the cloth to see what he can make of it.

Linguistics to read is just for the cursed monkeys, or it's indeed another language?

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

It is another language.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther nods along with Wilen, "We save you. You safe!" He then stares at the cloth in his hands for a bit, wondering why a rag would seem so interesting to him. Suddenly, he hops up and charges Saldak, shoving the rag in the poor man's hands. "What this!? Is important, yes?" He howls excitedly. However, noticing that Saldak still seems a little on edge, Uther tries his best to make the scribe feel more comfortable. In a friendly display of bonding and trust, he slowly circles Saldak, close enough for the man to feel his breath, and starts ruffling up his hair with big rough hands, searching for parasites.

Finally, he asks the others. "We go save other man now? Find storage."

Grand Lodge

"You best be getting out of here while we find the source, laddy."

Korgan then stomps toward the next area to try and find the source.

"Doesn't look like we can read that thing anyway, lest you can, manling."

he says over his shoulder toward the museum worker.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey shrugs, language isn't his thing. Taking the coins, Grey prepares to head to the West hall. "What? Danger pay."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The scribe freezes as he is cleaned by Uther but his eyes slowly look over the scroll he was handed.

"I. I can read it. It is important. These are the words of the Jambala Jaeg used by their chanters to ward off evil. If you don't have anyone vocally inclined one could still coax the magic to work at least once by reciting it. Maybe you can save the others with it..." Saldak informs the others and teaches them the words.

The scroll can be used by a Bard as Countersong to provide more saves to the Mist-Tainted template. Or it can be used as a Scroll of Break Enchantment to consume the object and remove the Mist-tainted template from your target.

Still shaking he holds it back up for Uther to take and then runs out of the museum sobbing still.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Nice man." Uther says as Saldak runs from the building, "Now we save other man." He bounds after Korgan and Grey as they head towards the West Exhibition hall.

Not sure I want to be cured of the curse, it's pretty much a buff for me it seems. But break enchantment is on three of our spell lists if you're interested, Grim.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

The mist is more of a buff for me as well so I'm good staying a monkey for now

"We use words to help others. They need fix too. Grim can wait. Need save other man."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen rolls his eyes at his monkey-team and strolls out of the office behind Korgan.

"So much monkey business."

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The group heads back towards the hallway without any incident except you can still faintly hear the sobbing of Saldak as he runs through the front doors to escape.

Across the hall is the West Exhibit under a plaque reading BEASTS OF LEGEND. Through the doorway you can see most of the mist has dissipated giving a clear view of the monstrous taxidermy nightmares that stand beneath the radiant light of braziers.

A two-headed bear at least twice the size of Uther, a horned beetle whose desiccated shell dwarfs the clock face on the Absalom Clockwork Citadel, and the skeleton of a tyrant lizard is locked in a mock confrontation with the preserved chimera.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Eager to meet (and save) more nice men like Saldak, Uther runs into the hall towards the storage room. However, he stops in front of the great two-headed bear and scratches under his arm. "Uther never see bear like this before. Get good fur from bear like this, sell for much gold, then eat and DRINK like king!" He starts stroking the display, looking all around the room for guards, and wondering if anyone will notice if he takes it home.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen approaches the chimera in fascination and scans it thoughtfully with his hand on his chin.

Perception, inspect chimera: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"I really hope the mists can't activate this one..."

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Careful from the last ambush Grey advances through the hall inspecting the displays one by one. "Always curses n' undead."

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Entering the room reveals ancient weapons, masks, and other hunting instruments not previously noticed due to the monstrous displays. These tools were likely used by those civilizations to hunt these beasts.

Uther inspects the two-headed beasts eager to takes it fur but as he runs his hand across it he can tell age has rendered it matted and weak. The stand holding it up creaks ever so slightly as if saying, "Noooooooo..."

Wilen bravely walks up to inspect the Chimera and luckily the mists are extremely thin around the floor of this room. Enjoying his observation but not finding anything of real use.

It is while Grey is inspecting the towering Tyrant Lizard that he sees something peculiar taking place on the wall behind it as his hair stands on end and his instincts kick in!

On the wall is pair of wicked looking stone masks staring at Grey. Their jaws agape and filled with large fangs and tentacles protruding from the edges. The items themselves do not stand out but they begin to shiver violently as the stone begins to crack and fall away revealing s sickly green flesh underneath.

Grey realizing the threat warns the others and they have a few moments before they break completely free.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 14:

The masks are actually a pair of Vargouille that must have been set to stone by a shaman's curse. The Mists of Tik-Taan weakened the magic.

Not native to the Material plane these Evil Extraplanar Outsiders often lurk near the remnants of death or decay. Carrion feeders of the outer planes they keep away from their enemies only dropping down to attempt a paralyzing bite.

For every 5 you exceed the check you may ask a question from this link.

GM Rolls:

Initiative Grey: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Initiative Uther: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Initiative Grim: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Initiative Korgan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative Orange: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative Purple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimbl
Wilen
Uther

Orange (Breaking Free)

Korgan

Purple (Breaking Free)

Grey

---
ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Grand Lodge

Korgan moved into the room, looks at the masks, and then back at his party.

"What in Torag's name are those!?"

Ready action to attack an enemy that comes in range.

Readied Swing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grim steps onto the room behind Korgan and fires a shot at the Mask coming at him.

Crossbow @ Orange,PBS, Mist Tainted: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

turns out I still have phone service on this camping trip!

Wilen sneaks between two of the exhibits to get a clearer shot at one of them.

Bomb, ranged touch vs purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
splash damage (if misses): 1 + 4 = 5

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Unable to get a clear sight on the... things, Uther positions himself in the middle of the room, beating his chest and howling a challenge. "OOOhhh AAaagh!" He draws an arrow and aims for the first thing to come in view.

Readied action to shoot the first enemy to move out of cover:
Atk. Longbow; PBS; Mist: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 14
Dmg. Piercing' PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

Grey silently steps over to the defensive line his allies have started, drawing his lucerne hammer as he moves.

Readied action, enemy enters range:

to hit; mwk lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
damage; mwk lucerne hammer: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Move action to move and draw, standard action ready attack.

AoO if they provoke:

to hit; mwk lucerne hammer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage; mwk lucerne hammer: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The group takes up a defensive posture as the creatures work to break their stony prisons.

Grim steps into the room and fires a shot at the closes of the masks and scores a hit that is able to pierce the stony shell and embed itself in the creatures side. Moments later it finishes shedding what is left of the stony shell and unfurls bat-like wings which allow it to float in the air.

Wilen follows suit lobbing one of his bombs at the other mask monster enveloping it in a flume of flame that reveals another of the floating creatures however this one is charred badly and barely able to keep afloat.

Now completely free they turn to their nearest prey and their jaws drop open.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimbl
Wilen
Uther
---
Orange(-2)
---
Korgan
---
Purple(-9)
---
Grey
---

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen gets a more immediate sense of danger when the face turns directly at him. Without thinking he throws his next bomb.

Bomb, ranged touch vs purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
splash damage (if misses): 1 + 4 = 5

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther howls, impatient for the opportunity to smash more evil. Unable to wait much longer, he knuckle-runs to the side of the room, bow clattering on the floor with every step, and looses an arrow at the orange menacing mask.

Atk. Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Dmg. Piercing; PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Move up and total defense (+4 dodge AC).

"I'm with ya laddies. Shield wall!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grim double moves to the center of the room and reloads his crossbow.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Wilen lobs another bomb expertly at the mask causing another explosion to shake the museum and the mask to come crashing down into a smoldering pile of twisted flesh.

Uther follows suit unleashing a sharp-stick of his own that lodges into the forehead of the mask creature. The demonic mask recoils and and floats sporadically for a moment before its jaw stretches open in an unsettling manner. The tentacles and outstretched tongue flail wildly as a shriek that threatens to drive the group made fills the museum.

Everyone make a Fortitude Save DC 12 or be overcome by the shriek resulting in paralysis

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimbl
Wilen
Uther
---
Orange(-10)
---
Korgan
Grey
---

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Everyone: Fortitude DC 12

Grand Lodge

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Fortitude vs shriek paralysis, DC12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

to hit; claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage; claw: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

to hit; claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage; claw: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grey steps forward and attempts two quick strikes at the creature.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Uther covers his ears and bellows a roar of his own in return.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The whole group is able to shake off the echoing shriek and what looks like an expression of surprise comes over the monsters visage. The look is shaken away as it has to dodge the strikes of Grey which it does at the last moment.

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimbl
Wilen
Uther
---
Orange(-10)
---
Korgan
Grey
---

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen runs between the inanimate creatures towards his companions, his hands covering his ears as the mask shrieks. After it subsides he draws his crossbow...

20', move action
draw weapon, move action

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

"Uther smash!" Uther bellows as he swings his heavy bow at floating head, hoping to send it flying across the room.

Atk. Empty Quiver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Dmg. Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Ranger 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: | Favored Enemy: Gnolls Favored Terrain: |Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Grim shoots one more time with his crossbow at the horrid thing.

Crossbow, PBS, Mist Taint: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

As Wilen moves into position Grim and Uther fire off a pair of attacks. Uther's powerful shot strays to the left leaving a large crack in the stone wall but Grim's hits home leaving yet another bolt sticking out of the floating creature.

The monstrous mask seems incensed after it's shriek failed to paralyze the group. It tumbles around in the air wildly before attempting to sink it's fangs into the shoulder of Uther.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

As Uther almost pulls away but the tentacles crowning the monster hold him still as the bite drives home. This time rather than a tingling sensation the bite begins to burn.

Fortitude 12

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 3 - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimbl
Wilen
Uther
---
Orange(-12)
---
Korgan
Grey
---

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

PENDING

Grand Lodge

"Oy, I've got ya manling!"

Warhammer Swing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Warhammer damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

to hit; claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage; claw: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

to hit; claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage; claw: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grey continous to swing at the strange creature.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

The wild thrashing tentacles of the creatures is unsettling as Korgan powerful hammer swing just barely misses. However Grey quickly steps in swinging both claws in an effort to leave no escape for the monster and it works perfectly as the creature dodges one claw resulting in the other rending the wicked visage.

A loud death shriek is cut short as the powerful claw catches the flailing maw tearing it in two. As the mangled mask falls to the ground it thrashes about one last time.

Combat Over

Upon further inspection of the room you feel fairly confident that is the last of your attackers. On the wall adjacent to the entrance is two doors each labelled with brass plaques reading Storage: Authorized Personnel ONLY! and Lavatory for Museum Patrons ONLY!.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Uther howls in pain, rubbing his burning shoulder where the mask sunk its fangs in. "Shoulder hurts!" He moans, giving the fallen head an extra kick for good measure. Looking around the room, Uther spots the plaque indicating the storage room and knuckle-walks over. "We authorised now? Save other man from smoking monkeys?" He asks, tapping the brass plate with his bow.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

"Yes Uther, we authorized. Let's see what's in there, but be careful."

Wilen follows him into the storage room, making sure not to take the lead.

Grand Lodge

"Let me heal us up before we go smashing in another room."
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Korgan will then take the joint-lead with Grey towards the next location.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 11/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 0/3, Blessings: 2/4, Fervor: 1/4 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves), Divine Favor (+2), Sanctuary DC 14

"Yes. Forward." Grey comments as he paces impatiently.

Dark Archive

Hao Jin Cataclysm

Korgan and Grey push open the door of the storage warily. It provides no resistance and the door swings with a whining creak revealing a simple stone room that is piled floor to ceiling
with boxes and crates.

Seemingly there is no sign of Nigel however after the creaking of the door subsides it is replaced by a faint and much more disturbing sound. There is an erratic and insane cackling coming from behind some boxes in the far corner.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

As Wilen follows Korgan and Grey into the storage room... "Uh oh... that doesn't sound good."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 fail

101 to 150 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost I] GM Eclipse's Mists of Mwangi Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.