Ordinary Heroes II (Inactive)

Game Master Rhanloi Ehlyss

“If everybody was satisfied with himself there would be no heroes.” -Mark Twain

Encounter Map

Daggermark Map


1 to 50 of 709 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Squad - report!


Male Human Druid 1 HP: 10/10, - AC: 13/T: 11/FF: 12 – Perception +7 - Initiative: +1 - F:+4 / R:+2/ W:+5 - CMB: +1 - CMD: 12, Speed: 30

Reporting in, SIR!!! -salutes-


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

Present and accounted for. About bed time for me but i will be able to do some mad posting tomorrow.


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

Drelsh blinks his weary eyes, wiping some sweat from his brow with his free hand while he holds down the struggling child. He reaches back down, pulling out the last of the porcupine quills from his foot and begins wrapping it up. After the bandages are finished he finally takes his arm of the child's leg. "There, next time think before you go messing with wild animals." He watches the red faced child exit to his waiting mother, raising a hand in acknowledgement of her grateful smile. As the door closes he grunts, grabbing his knotted walking cane and standing up, going outside to meet the day.

Drelsh lets the morning sun soak into his face, one of the few things in his life that still makes him smile. He sits there for several moments as he sips a cup of coffee. How that boy managed to find a porcupine this early in the day is beyond me. After making sure there were no other last-minute patients he limps to his side door, flipping over the sign on it to show Closed. He grabs the spear leaning against the wall, strapping it to his pack and slowly making his way to the barracks.

Along the way he greets many of the citizens, most of them saying something along the lines of "Morning Doc!" but a few actually knowing him by name. Drelsh settles for an acknowledging wave or grunt for most of them, occasionally asking how somebody that he treated is doing. Finally he finds himself at the barracks, entering slowly through the heavy front door and mumbling to himself about the rusty door hinge that makes it so hard to open. He sits down and beings leafing through a book, waiting for his squad to arrive.


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

Breggel checks the forge once again, making sure the fire is properly dimmed and all his tools are back in their correct place.

"Come on Ulan, we are going to be late for Militia training."

He gives the little shrine to Torag a quick bow, then gathers up his warhammer and waits at the door for his brother.


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

present

Bryn is up early helping his younger brothers fill the workshops big wooden tubs with the clay that his parents and grandfather will use during the day. When they finish he washs as best he can and puts on one of his cleaner shirts and the studded leather armor they gave him to where while on militia duty. taking his pack and short spear he reports in at the militia barracks.


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster). 2; Init +0; AC 17; hp 21/21; Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5; Perc +6

Ulan gives his brother a mild smirk.
"Aye aye, I'm coming." the dwarf replies as he wipes some of the grime from his hands. As he walks over to join Breggel, he pauses only to give a very brief prayer to Torag before hefting his own warhammer onto his shoulder.

"All ready, Breggel? You don't need another hour to comb your beard?" Ulan comments with a broad grin.

It was a good-hearted rivalry Ulan had with his older brother. Being the eldest, Breggel was expected to take charge when circumstances warranted it. Such a thing was expected from any dwarf and it didn't bother Ulan. Still, he enjoyed goading his older brother from time to time, and the opportunity to improve their martial training had put him in a good mood.


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

"Keep it up whelp and I'll be taking back that hammer I made fer ye! Then you will have to practice with the human weapons!", Breggel laughs as he heads out the door.


Male Human Druid 1 HP: 10/10, - AC: 13/T: 11/FF: 12 – Perception +7 - Initiative: +1 - F:+4 / R:+2/ W:+5 - CMB: +1 - CMD: 12, Speed: 30

He had not been looking forward to this day.

Of course, Lambert rarely looked forward to any days that provided a disruption in the otherwise rigid routine that was his daily life. But militia duty was its own special case. Three days of boredom, month in and month out. How anyone chose to make a career of it was beyond him.

He had lingered in his small home for as long as he could manage, hoping that perhaps some miracle would appear from down the lane, forever releasing him from the monthly inconvenience. As always, no miracle came, and so Lambert had no choice but to report to the barracks, dragging his small bundle of supplies and neccesary gear with him.

As he pushed aside the heavy door, Lambert offered a mumbling incoherent... well. It was close enough to a greeting that it could be passed off as one. He then found a reasonable enough spot along the wall to toss his things and lean up against it himself. Gods be good, let these three days pass by quickly...


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster). 2; Init +0; AC 17; hp 21/21; Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5; Perc +6

"Ugh! Human weapons? Torag forbid!"
The two laugh and share a few more jokes as they head towards the barracks.

The Exchange

Aldras Vayne went to bed on time, unlike most days, because he wanted to be on time for his militia duty.

He eats a small breakfast before putting on his militia gear. "I am off to do my civic duties., he says to his father before heading out the door and towards the barracks.

On the way there he greets the other citizens already out and about at this early hour.

"Reporting for duty!", he says while entering the barracks. Looking around he sees the town doctor sitting at one of the tables.
Aldras goes over to him and takes one of the free chairs. "Morning doc, are you joining us for militia duty on this fine morning?"


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

The Militia barracks are luckily not far from Bryn's home in the Rivermen's Quarter, so Bryn arrives in good time despite needing to do chores before hand. Bryn finds an older man and a few other young men already at the Barracks.
Good morning everyonehe says. He sets down his pack but keeps the three foot spear in his hands. does anyone know what we are doing today?


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

Mike rustled out of bed in his room at the happy cow. "Another 3 days of city life." He grumbled as he got his gear together and made his way into the streets using his spear as a walking stick. His mood only worsened when he realized he didn't know any of the faces in this months sqaud.

"Morning everyone." He said to those present trying his best to sound like he is in a good mood. "Who are we checking in with?"


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

Good morning Bryn replies to the newcomer with the strange ears. I don't know you. I'm Bryn Potter, Wil Potters son. He extends his hand to Mike in greeting.


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

"Names Mike." He takes Bryn's hand and gives it a good shake. "You have any idea whats going on the morning?"


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

Breggel and his brother arrive at the barracks to be greeted by 5 humans waiting there.

"Sorry we are late. Mine brother could not decide which tunic he should wear this morning!", the dwarf says with a laugh and smile.

"I'm Breggel Tokadar and this is my brother Ulan. Well greetings all humans."

His common is somewhat stiff and slightly formal, as if he did not speak the language often, but he speaks clearly and has a deep, rich voice.


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

Mike turns to the two Dwarfs obviously annoyed. "Only half human actually, but well met."


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

As the members begin filing in Drelsh finishes his sentence, then closes the book and stows it in his jerkin. He remains sitting, both hands resting on the knotted length of wood in his hands as inspects each member walking in.

Once everybody is there Drelsh clears his throat. "Morning. I'm Drelsh, many of you may know me as Doc. I'm in charge of you lot, so you'll check in with me. I'm ex-military but I'm no officer, so you can call me Doc or Sir, I don't really care which. Beyond simple duty I'm not sure yet if we have any specific job. Also I am aware that some of you are not thrilled to be here." His eyes flick towards Lambert and Mike. "Well that's tough. While you're part of my charge you will be an effective squad. You don't have to smile, you don't have to like it, you don't have to like me, but you're going to respect each other and listen to me. Do I make myself clear?"


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

"Ah, sorry there lad. No offense meant. Didna notice the ears from down here!", he laughs and offers his hand to show the fellow he meant no slight.

As a professional, Breggel will look over the weapons the group is carrying, and compare them to his own work...he does this with all weapons he comes across...would he use appraise or craft for this?


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

Breggel, I doubt any of us have anything too crazy. You can see Drelsh's knotted walking cane has seen some use, he carries it with a sense of comfort. You could easily tell he's trained at knocking heads with it.


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

Mike briefly shook Breggel's hand before Drelsh started shouting out like the big man he is. Giving Breggel a quick nod of acceptance he turn to address Drlesh."Doc, right? Yeah your clear." Mike finally drops his pack off his shoulder and loosens them up trying to look intimidating. "You won't need that attitude with me. I want this to be as painless as possible, and if you havn't heard by now my names Mike and i'm reporting for duty from Two Creek Hamlet."


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

More of a professional thing...I know as a museum professional, I look at the technical underpinnings of a museum when I visit..Breggel is the same...just looking and comparing in case he does come across something special...


Breggel - that would be a craft check, if you want =) Like Doc said, you all have simple weapons. =)

The time is late fall. So far, the winter snows haven’t hit Daggermark, but you know they are on their way.

You are called to muster before Sherlen Spearslayer, the human female militia commander. She is wearing chainmail, with a shield slung on her back, and carries her namesake magical spear. She is confident and walks lightly among your squad. ”We need you to do some road guard duty today,” she says. ”A messenger from Waterdeep tells us that there is one last caravan coming down before the snows come. Waterdeep troops are going to meet the caravan on the road – I want you to go south along the Trade Way to The Way Inn and make sure things are safe for a caravan. Basically, you are an advance scouting party.”

”Take it easy, avoid fights if at all possible, and come back as soon as you can after reaching The Way Inn with a report of the conditions, including anything the folks at The Way Inn can tell you about conditions further on. Any questions?”


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

nice to meet you Mike Bryn says as he shakes the half-elf's hand. I have no idea what we are doing or who is in charge but I supposed we will find out soon.

When the Dwarves arrive Bryn greets them as well.

Drelsh said wrote:
Once everybody is there Drelsh clears his throat. "Morning. I'm Drelsh, many of you may know me as Doc. I'm in charge of you lot, so you'll check in with me. I'm ex-military but I'm no officer, so you can call me Doc or Sir, I don't really care which. Beyond simple duty I'm not sure yet if we have any specific job. Also I am aware that some of you are not thrilled to be here." His eyes flick towards Lambert and Mike. "Well that's tough. While you're part of my charge you will be an effective squad. You don't have to smile, you don't have to like it, you don't have to like me, but you're going to respect each other and listen to me. Do I make myself clear?"

yes sir. Bryn says in response to the question. One things sir, would it be possible for me to get another couple of shortspears? Bryn asks holding up the three foot weapon. or a long spear if there is one available?

The Exchange

Before being called to muster before Sherlen Spearslayer, Aldras greets everyone. "I'm Aldras Vayne and I'm looking forward to working with you all."

I'm not sure about this, but do we only get the shortspear & armor from the militia. Or do we also get the other simple weapon we got proficient with in militia training?

After the commander is done talking.
"No questions from me commander! I'm glad we can be of service to the community in this manner."

Aldras will then wait for orders from the commander or Drelsh and if none are given will follow Drelsh and the others outside if that is what they'll do.


Male Human Druid 1 HP: 10/10, - AC: 13/T: 11/FF: 12 – Perception +7 - Initiative: +1 - F:+4 / R:+2/ W:+5 - CMB: +1 - CMD: 12, Speed: 30

"Mm," Lambert's lack of a proper response was accompanied with a small nod at Doc's speech. Right, yeah. He could work with that. He did not, however, proceed to offer any verbal responses beyond that. Instead he gazed at the others' conversations with a veiled disinterest, more out of a lack of anything else to do than genuine curiosity.

When called into line, Lambert does as he is instructed... More or less. His form and posture leaves much to be desired, as he slouches against his simple spear. He pulls a bit of a face at Sherlen's speech, but remains characteristically quiet. He simply shakes his head at the inquiry for questions.


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

"I can't provide any more weapons than what you already have. Make due with it or ask one of the dwarven brothers to make you something."

~~~~~

Sherlen's entrance makes Drelsh finally stand, him being the last in line as he limps over. As he passes Lambert he raps him sharply on the knee with his quarterstaff, giving him a stern look as if to say stand up strait.

"No ma'am. Seems pretty straightforward."


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

"ok, Patrol duty. I can have some fun with this" Mike mutters before moving behind Drelsh "You going to make it the whole way with that leg or are we getting horses?"


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

Drelsh remains silent, waiting to be dismissed before speaking out of turn.

That. 8. Charisma.


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

Well the dwarves don't seem like bad sorts. Mike certainly doesn't care for militia work. This Aldras fellow seems very excited though. Bryn thinks as he falls in behind Drelsh as prepare to set out. at least the job seems fairly staight forward.


Internet screwy tonite so can't give good updates...sorry!


GM rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 5

You spend the first day riding south along the Trade Way. The traffic is relatively sparse. You meet a few farmers who are making use of the still mild weather to make final trips to town to get supplies for the winter to come.

Finally, you reach Liam’s Hold, a small village of perhaps 50 residents. The village is guarded by a fortified tower built a centurey ago. The tower is now part of the inn that is often patronized by passing caravans. Near the tower is an extensive field for caravans to park wagons.

The inn is small compared to The Happy Cow back in Daggermark, but it is clean and cozy. A middle-aged male stands behind the bar, pouring drinks for the handful of customers. He looks up when you enter. ”Hail, travelers. Ye have the look of Daggermark’s militia about ye…What brings you to my humble inn this eve?”


Bryn lets Drelsh do the talking for the squad, but looks around with interest. He has never been to Liam's Hold before. He has been futher from home before but that was traveling the river looking for quality clay deposits with his father and they didn't see anything but riverbank.

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster). 2; Init +0; AC 17; hp 21/21; Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +5; Perc +6

Ulan does the same as Drelsh, although he shows considerable interest in the architecture and structural strength of the tower.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (+2 for stonework)
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

Like his brother, Breggel is interested in the fortification and other buildings in the area.


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

Thinking of the lump Drelsh gave him before they left Daggermark Mike just gives a quick greeting to the polite fellow and points him in the direction of Drelsh. Interested in waht the Dwarfs are doing he rides up to the them giving the structure a quick look over. perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5"What are you two so intrigued about?"


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

Drelsh waits for the woman to leave and turns to Mike. "It's stiff, not painful. I'm slow but you won't hear me whine about it."

~~~~~

Drelsh limps his way forward, giving the man a hearty shake. "Well met. You're right, we are militia from Daggermark, and that's what brings us. How fare the conditions ahead?"

The Exchange

While Drelsh and the innkeeper are talking, Aldras checks out the inn's patrons. Mostly looking if there are any that seem a bit out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Your group notices nothing out of the ordinary, except Aldras, who can't help but stare at one patron in the inn. Is that a man or a woman? Dressed like a man. Pretty like a woman. Neck like a man. Hands like a woman. Eyes like a man. Lips like a woman. Nice perception roll, there, Aldi! :p

The innkeeper shakes Drelsh's hand with the firm strength of a man who is used to physical labor and breaking up the occasional tussle between other strong men. "The roads seem to be good and clear. Had a handful of folk pass through and got no reports nor rumors of trouble. Sure there's the occasional pack of wolves prowling about, but nuthin' you lot can't handle!"


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

he would be suprise what we can't handle lol.


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5
Bryn Potter wrote:
he would be suprise what we can't handle lol.

Ha!

Drelsh frowns. "Where were the wolves spotted?"

The Exchange

If I keep rolling like I did, we're in for a rough ride ;)

"Doc, not to butt in, but would you mind if we first have some dinner before we go out hunting those wolves? We have been on the road all day, we could use something to strengthen us."

And then I can maybe get a better look at that patron. Really wonder what I'm missing, not sure if I should mention it later ... Aldras thinks while speaking to Drelsh.


Male Tiefling Magus/Rogue 5

"I do not intend to run us during the night, it would be dangerous and ignorant."

The Exchange

"Aye, you're right sir. Wasn't thinking straight."
Aldras then puts himself at one of the tables and waits for the rest to join him. Meanwhile glancing over to the patron he spotted earlier.


Male Half-Elf Wizard (Illusionist) 1/Fighter (Archer) 1 [ HP: 20/20 | AC: 13 T: 10 FF: 13 | W: +3 : R+0: F+4| Init: +0 Perc: +6 Low light Vision | Effects: none]

After finishing his conversation wit the Dwarfs Mike walks in hearing the crosstalk between Drelsh and the inkeeper. "Drlesh if the wolf's are causing problems I have no problems going out before dark to find a trail that we can fallow at first light. He sais as he approaches the bar. @DM &rew here some rolls if this is good. Take the one that is most appropriate. profession: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Dwarf Paladin (Stone Lord) 1; Init +2; AC 18/12/16; Hp 5/12; Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Perc +4

Finishing his inspection of the stone tower, Breggel wanders over to the table that Aldras is sitting after ordering whatever passes for beer at this establishment.
"We did not get much time to meet before we left. I am Breggel Tokadar, weaponsmith and ironworker. That other dwarf is my brother, Ulan, best armourer in the district."

The Exchange

"Nice to meet you Breggel. I am Aldras Vayne, son of Merryc Vayne. We make the best musical instruments in the area. I do prefer to play them rather then making them.", Aldras says while pointing at the lute strapped to his backpack.

"But if I ever find myself in need of a good weapon, now I know where to go."


The innkeeper perks up at Aldras when he hears him talking about playing. "Are ya any good with tha' lute? An inn can always use some nice music - helps the drinks go down, ya know! As for the wolve, I dinna say they was a problem as such - always have wolves prowling about, and folks round here know how to handle them. Ain't you never spent time outside those city walls?"

"But where are my manners as your host? We have a long standing partnership with the Daggermark militia. Your room and meals are reimbursed by the city, but more than a couple ales and its on you to cover 'em. Neither food nor rooms are fancy, but a sight better than the trail rations you carry and sleeping in a tent on this chilly night!" He brings out a large bowl of stew for each of you, two big loaves or dark bread and a small wheel of cheese, and a mug of ale or hard cider.


Male Human Druid 1 HP: 10/10, - AC: 13/T: 11/FF: 12 – Perception +7 - Initiative: +1 - F:+4 / R:+2/ W:+5 - CMB: +1 - CMD: 12, Speed: 30

Lambert, being his usual conversational self, follows silently along with the others, not uttering a single word during their trek. It was not until they gathered at the inn at Liam's Hold that Lambert finally seemed to take notice and interest in the conversation around him.

"Wolves?"


Male Human lvl 2 Fighter
stats:
Init +1 Senses Perception +5 AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex) HP16/22 (1d10+5)Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +1

Bryn sits at the table with Aldras and Breggel.
"So your a weaponsmith?" he says to Breggel "that would explain why you and your brother are better armed than the rest of us. I really don't care for the idea of trying to kill a wolf with this." He sets his militia issue short spear on the table. When the server brings Breggel his beer he order one for himself.

1 to 50 of 709 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ordinary Heroes II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.