Motteditor's Strange Aeons PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Overall map / Treasure tracker / Thrown splash weapon rules


4,551 to 4,600 of 4,818 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

Tristain relaxes a bit as the others wake up on their own. He wasn't sure they would and with his own tongue hurt, he's glad to be able to use his healing magic on himself.

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 CLW

"That wath scary," Tristain says, his tongue still swollen. "What happthened in there?" He asks, trying to get the story after he woke up.

"NESTHTOR IS DEAD! OH NO! But I warnth him though. I thtold him," Tristain hopes it was only the fake death of the Dreamlands and not real death. "Did you take hith stuff? Might come in handy nexth time we go in."

* * *

"Yeth, okay, I will try to find the nexth plath to go. Gimme a day to do more reseacth," Tristain asks, not wanting to rush again after that experience.

* * *

Tristain blurs his eyes at Tenebrynn, waking up no more clearly now than he had before. "What?"


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 94 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 16 | Initiative +3 | Fort +12 / Ref +8 / Will +7 | Stealth +22 |Disable Device +18 | Fly +14 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10

You all see Nestor, yeah.

Tenebrynn points a shaky finger up toward the wavering visage of the man she'd seen mauled by green tigers. "Wh-wh-why is he here?"

Nestor spins and throws his arms up as if to challenge the sky, "Because: the work, small one! She still has to be stopped and you- we will stop her!"


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

"How? Trying to calm himself. It sounds like he wants us to stop.. what was her name?


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Kyffin draws his scimitar instinctively and wonders if in fact their leaving the Dreamland was itself a Dream. Were they still there? What was going on?

"Look here ghost," he says, trying to get a handle on the situation, "Stop haunting us. We didn't kill you. You want help? You ask nicely. Are you talking about the quest you had? You want us to go back into the Dreamland and hunt down that woman?"

He shrugs, "I dunno, we have our own goals and difficulties. And the Dreamland is a dangerous place. I'd like to help you, but I really don't like that place." He seems to struggle with the decision. On the one hand, he wants to help this creatures, so clearly in pain. On the other hand... Dreamland.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 94 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 16 | Initiative +3 | Fort +12 / Ref +8 / Will +7 | Stealth +22 |Disable Device +18 | Fly +14 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10

Nestor spins around to speak to Jasno, his image growing more insubstantial as he pauses to recall the name of Kelvetta Brix, "Name? Name? No, no. Names, her name, my name. Fuzzy. Gone. Names. Don't remember names. Don't remember." He turns then to Kyffin, his image sharpening as his voice shifts from uncertainty to fervor. "No, no. Maybe? Or yes. She wasn't there, but the tigers. The tigers were. She could be elsewhere. Dreamlands or not Dreamlands. But she's not just her; she's all of them - the cruel, the honorless! We can stop them. Yes. Stop any we come across!"

Tenebrynn holds one hand up to the side of her head as if she were trying to sooth a headache. "I- I think he doesn't remember that Kelvetta woman. Or even himself, really. It's more he remembers what she was trying to do. But why do I understand him?"

Nestor turns back to the gnome, "You were there but not there, little one. You are you but not whole. And you glowed. Bright like a beacon, you shone through the trees."

"You-you're in my head? I-I'm a vessel for you? Is that what you're saying?"

Nestor nods.

"Because whatever Lowls did to me left- left room? And because I- I felt guilty over you dying?"

He shrugs.

Tenebrynn looks to the others, eyes wide with concern. "Somebody please tell me we can fix this?"


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Janso looks to Tenebrynn, taking a deep break. "I'm sure you've heard your share of tales, from sailors or otherwise. I can't tell you if they're true, but I know mine. His eyes seem as if he is seeing something else. I left my home when I was young. To be among the waters. And even though I went when I saw the storm coming, by the time I got home there was nothing left. The storm had destroyed it all. For days I swam in the deep to find them, the bodies of my father and brother. To burry them among the rock and earth as a dwarf should be. Though they rest peacefully now, as they should. I cannot. I still chase the storm. The peace I find is in the pursuit. Maybe for you, for your peace.. Looking to the others. ..we have to complete what Nestor aimed to. To put a stop to this woman and those like her."


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 Know (Religion) - [ooc]What’s wrong with Tenebrynn?[/ooc

Tristain just looks at Tenebrynn, very confused.

”I don’t know what happened after I left,” he begins to bonk his head against the wall. ”I don’t know. I didn’t see. How can I know?” Tristian bonks and tries to think.

*bonk!*
*bonk!*
*bonk!*

”This doesn’t make any sense! You’re not supposed to bring things back from the Dreamlands,” Tristain says between bonks.]

”I told Nestor that his hunt was pointless! I told him!”

*bonk!*
*bonk!*
*bonk!*

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

It appears she has a spirit that has taken a liking to her, Tristain. If Nestor really died, it's certainly possible he could have latched on to Tenebrynn. While sometimes that could be a possession, other spirits may attach themselves in beneficial ways.

Also, letting you guys continue to play this out. Let me know when you're ready for me to move you on.


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Kyffin shrugs at Tenebrynn, "Apparently he's going to haunt you until we do his job for him. That means more Dream-time." he spits over the side of the boat, careful to check the wind before he lets fly.

"So back into the Dreams we must go. Tristain, you need to take us back there, where we almost died and where Nestor did. Jasno's right, we'll have to do this."

(Ready to go!)


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 94 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 16 | Initiative +3 | Fort +12 / Ref +8 / Will +7 | Stealth +22 |Disable Device +18 | Fly +14 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10

Nestor shakes his head, ”No. No. She wasn’t in the trees with the big cats. Must be some place different. Maybe in Dreamlands, maybe not. Doesn’t matter. Hunting her goes forward, not back. Onward to elsewhere. Find her. Find them.”

Tenebrynn sighs in defeat. ”He means that we can go where we’d intended to, Kyffin. We can look for Kelvetta or others like her as we go. No special detours or side excursions necessary.”

Nestor nods with zeal and certainty before allowing his wavering image to fade. At the moment he vanishes for good, Tenebrynn’s head snaps back as if she’d been hit in the forehead. Rubbing the side of her head, she grumbles, ”Ouch. That’s going to take some getting used to I guess.”


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Jasno nods. "Onward. Let's see what more we can find out."


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

”But...the ghost is nuts! Reckless! Wouldn’t listen to reason,” Tristain replies, shocked. ”It was a fool’s errand then. It was a fool’s errand now.” He rolls over and tries to ignore the haunting that he sees in Tenebrynn.

I think we go back tomorrow, after we have rested and regained spells, yes? Also, not sure where we are going next.

Tristain will research other locations in the morning. He avoids the ghosted Tenebrynn, not liking it at all.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You emerge onto the decks after you've finished getting what rest you can, expecting another day of seemingly endless sailing, but today promises something different. Skywin indicates she plans to stop at Riverton, a small ramshackle community on the eastern shore of Lake Kallas, for supplies

She warns you, "There aren't that many people there, but most of them are followers of Hanspur. They're generally harmless, but will try to convert you to follow their drowned rat."

DC 20 Knowledge (local) to know more about Riverton:

The only laws in Riverton are the erratic decrees of the demagogue Naerel Twice-Born (known as the “River Prophet”). Despite Skywin's warning, Riverton is a fairly safe port, as visitors seeking river guides or Naerel’s advice are frequent, but the citizenry’s zeal for pestering visitors to convert to their god discourages lengthy stays.

She says she plans to keep the trip short, if she can.

"They have a damned mandatory sunset service dedicated to Hanspur. Everyone, even visitors, is required to attend, so if we can bloody well get out of there before that, I won't want to f&$~ing drown myself halfway through! It's three hours of desperate shoreline flailing by mad, muddy fanatics.”


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Do they have much in the way of shops? Perhaps we can replenish our supplies as well." he suggests to the party.

Everyone please look over the treasure sheet. Let me know if there's anything you'd like, or I'll sell it off in town if we can and do a distribution. Much of our loot seems to be from the Dreamlands which doesn't help us much here, but there's a few things to unload.


AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 17, hp 60, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +11; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 25, Perception +1

Albert starts prepping for the dreamlands with Kyffin, then stops when the ghost of Nestor clarifies his mission. "Right, lets move on to the warring city or whatever it was, first some food and rest, than back to the dreamlands like the boy says."

"And I ain't attending no drowned rat worship, I'll be back on this boat before sundown."

guessing there is a slim to none chance to find an elven curve blade in Riverton?


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Know (local)

”Riverton? We’re close to there, huh?” Tristain seems surprised to have heard of it at all. ”Is that the river hovel where the populace follow the decrees of the demagogue Nareen Twice-Born? Aka the River Prophet? Bah...they probably follow that damned pirate goddess, Hanspur. You know, the one that likes bilge rats and whatnot?”

”From what I remember, Riverton has a bunch of true believers and will try to convert visitors,” he notes. ”We probably should be cautious and not spend too much time there.” Tristain looks down at his notes.

”Why are we stopping here at all? Do we need supplies? Is this a good place to buy equipment?”

Motte, what is the buy/sell level for this town? Everyone, do we have stuff to sell and CLW wands to buy?


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

"It would be good for me to have a cure wand of some sort."


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

"Can you use a wand Jasno? Here, I've a wand with some charges in it yet you can carry if you like. It has 24 charges left." he hands him over one of the wands he carries for the group. If you use it in the Dreamlands, remember to keep track of the charges separately.

Kyffin departs from the boat clutching a satchel of goods. He avoids the people on the docks as much as he can, assuming they're beggars, religious fanatics, or busy with their own jobs.

He spends a part of the morning selling their goods here and there. Not too much to sell really, but some. He also picks up another wand of cure light wounds for the parties use.

Party Divvy!
Everyone in the party gets 1,942gp each, and we're adding one wand of CLW to the party.

Then he looks for a few things for himself, but is frustrated by the small town's availability. When he meets up with the party later, he's frowning, "Can't even get a decent potion in this town, let alone the shirt I'm looking for. Ah well, maybe when we get to somewhere larger."


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Jasno nods, "Thank you."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops, hold on, backing up a little, Kyffin.

As the half-orc prepares to leave the boat, he sees striding across the rickety pier is a wide-eyed elf, his patched robe and mud-spiked hair swinging around his rail-thin frame. A coterie of women follows a few paces behind him. The man thrusts his hands into the air and shouts,
“The Water Rat delivers, but in his own time! I have seen you in murky reflections and I would impart Hanspur’s sodden wisdom to you with private words -— let us speak of strange dreams, red sails, and dead fisherfolk!”


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

Tristain is about to see Kyffin off, but grabs his arm as the man and his harem wade into view.

”Hold on, Kyffin. This could be trouble, more of that Hanspur thing.” Tristain whispers and retreats back to where he can bonk his head against the mast while watching what happens.

*bonk!*
*bonk!*
*bonk!*

*bonk!*
*bonk!*
*bonk!*


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 94 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 16 | Initiative +3 | Fort +12 / Ref +8 / Will +7 | Stealth +22 |Disable Device +18 | Fly +14 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10

Tenebrynn adds quietly after Tristain’s warning, ”Red sails? That could be that ship we saw chasing us through the fog before though.”


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

(No problem Motteditor!)

Kyffin looks at the man as he steps off the boat to meet him. He does not want him, or his rabble, on the ship. He assumes the man is another fanatic however, "Yes, yes, strange dreams and dead fisherfolk. I'm sure it's all very monumental to you."

He sighs, "Say what you have to say, for we have business in town to get to and little time to do it. Please, impart Hanspur's sodden wisdom, but be quick about it!"

He stands, confronting the man, and awaits his blather, only half listening.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Such words are not for everyone's ears, but for yours alone! Will you speak with me?" he asks.

He gestures toward one of the tumbledown shacks alongside the pier.


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

”Why don’t you invite him on board instead, Kyffin? We can all talk to him here, I think,” Tristain offers, while still bonking.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Skywin is not thrilled with Tristain's solution, though the prophet seems willing. Still, you eventually manage to convince her.

Once you reach some privacy, Naerel talks more calmly: “Just before midnight many nights ago -- has it been two weeks? Three? -- a red-sailed ship came to Riverton. Its captain looked like a man dressed in thick clothing, but he was no natural man—although I cannot say just what caused such unease to afflict me. He passed me a large ruby and asked whether any travelers matching your description had been in Riverton. I swore by my drowned soul that no such visitors had arrived and that his ruby was ill-spent, but the captain merely chuckled and gestured for me to keep the gem. The chuckling continued and I realized it was not the captain, but the ship itself, as strange as that may seem.

"The vessel looked to be of ordinary wood and cloth and iron, but there was something sinister and alive about it. I had nothing more to add, so I left the pier. By morning, the red-sailed ship was gone. Now I see you arrive, and I have to ask: who was that man, and what was that ship? It has gnawed at my mind ever since, like a rat gnaws a bone. I’ll pay for whatever knowledge you have.”

With this, the wild-eyed prophet produces a glittering ruby the size of a child’s fist.


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Kyffin does not want the crazy man on the ship, but he lets it go for now.

"A living ship huh? And it's hunting for us? Can't say I know anything about that sir, much as I'd like that big fat gem you have. We are folk with powerful enemies it's true, but I couldn't hazard a guess as to which it was."

He looks to the others to see if they remember things differently.


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Jasno pauses to consider Kyffin's question. He hasn't been with the group long, but being that this prophet is describing a vessel he thinks back further.

Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 or take 10.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10
Kyffin Rhees wrote:
"A living ship huh? And it's hunting for us? Can't say I know anything about that sir, much as I'd like that big fat gem you have. We are folk with powerful enemies it's true, but I couldn't hazard a guess as to which it was."

”Kyffin...you said you saw a ship, didn’t you? Tristain stops his bonking to pipe up with a memory that was stirred by Tenebrynn. ”Could be the same ship.”


AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 17, hp 60, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +11; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 25, Perception +1

Albert senses for the presence of evil on the man and the gem.

detect evil


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

"Oh yeah, I remember that now. Sure, but that was behind us, not way ahead of us. And I only caught a glimpse. Though red sails are rare I must admit."

He tells the man of the glimpse he had, for what it's worth. He certainly doesn't expect the gemstone for such a thin story as that!


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 94 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 16 | Initiative +3 | Fort +12 / Ref +8 / Will +7 | Stealth +22 |Disable Device +18 | Fly +14 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10

Tenebrynn keeps one suspicious fixed upon the gem as soon as Naerel produces it. Her questions aren't directed at anyone in particular, but her tone grows more worried as she considers the thing. "Why would a captain of a sinister, living ship be willing to part with such a jewel for so little? Maybe it's not just a ruby?"


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

"I wonder if it has some sort of magical properties?" (Cast detect magic)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Naerel flinches a bit as Jasno casts, but the dwarf's spell reveals nothing magical about the ruby.

"I don't know," he says, shaking his head. "But I said I would pay you for information, and you gave me what you could. So, here, the gem is yours."

He holds it out to you.

Appraise DC 20:

Obviously huge, the gem is probably worth 10,000 gp.

Al does detect a strong aura of evil from the man. He certainly has the bearing of a cleric, who you know would have such an aura, so it may be more of a sign of the power of his faith than a measure of how evil he is.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 94 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 16 | Initiative +3 | Fort +12 / Ref +8 / Will +7 | Stealth +22 |Disable Device +18 | Fly +14 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10

Tenebrynn remains skeptical despite Jason’s assurance the ruby is unremarkable save for its size and relative worth.

”I don’t know. This seems too grand a gift on all counts. Both for you to receive from the heavy-coated captain and then again for us to receive from you, Naerel.”


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

*bonk!*
*bonk!*
*bonk!*

Tristain pauses his bonking to look at the gem.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Appraise. 1d2 ⇒ 1 high = high value error

”I dunno. Might be worth a few gold, probably not that much,” Tristain offers, unable to really bead in on the gem’s value, and thinking it less quality than it probably is.

He goes back to his bonking.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Yes," Naerel agrees with Tenebrynn, before giving a look at Tristain that makes it clear whom he thinks is mad here. "I think he intended it for you, and as I do not with to cross paths with man or ship again, I offer it to you."


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Jasno is unsure of Tristan's sense of the gem's value.

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

Quietly to the party, "It's worth much more than that, I'm sure. I'd say over 5,000 gold if not closer to 7 or 8,000."


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Kyffin will take the gem, though he too is uneasy about this transaction, "Thank you sir, whatever its value we appreciate the offer."

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 vs DC 20

He examines it and shrugs, also not knowing what it's worth though leaning toward Tristain's view. It can't possibly be worth as much as Jasno thinks. It just can't be.

He waits to see if the man has anything else to offer before escorting him politely from the ship, with his thanks.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

The man leaves, though he looks over his shoulder several times at you as he does so. As he emerges onto the deckplank, he sort of puffs up again, his followers falling in behind him as he returns to shore.

Anyone else wanting to go out with Kyffin to shore?


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

If the goon and his harem are leaving and it seems safe, Tristain will go into town as well. There might be things he wishes to buy and he's not against stretching he legs.

Will put shopping list in discussion assuming we can get the party divvy as above. "Everyone in the party gets 1,942gp each, and we're adding one wand of CLW to the party."


AC 21, touch 15, flat-footed 17, hp 60, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +11; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 25, Perception +1

Albert prepares to enter town with the party. "Few things I outta grab while we're here. Let's make it quick, that sundown ritual ain't for me."


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Jasno nods in agreement. "Not looking to encounter any zealots."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As you descend the gangplank, you suddenly hear screams and cries of fear, and you realize there's a hideous creature blending features of both bat and ape, with fleshy wings and hind legs ending in sharp claws, flying directly toward you from out of the woods outside the village!

It's about 30 feet away from you, but you're all frozen in astonishment for a moment, only Kyffin realizing quickly enough that you're its target to react!

Know (arcana) DC 19:

It's an ahool, an ancient, primitive species that are savage predators. They make their homes in jungle regions, typically near the sites of ancient ruins. Ahools bully other indigenous intelligent creatures into placating them with offerings of food and treasure, particularly gems, which the creatures covet. They're usually night hunters.

Initiative:

Albert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Jasno: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Kyffin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Tenebrynn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Tristain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Antagonist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Kyffin is up for Round 1/2; no map for this one


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Round 1

Status:
HP: 67/67 | AC: 22 (f18/t13/shieldless 21)
Weapon Equipped = Scimitar
Cold Iron/Silver Blanch Arrows = 10/10
Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Arrows = 10/10
Conditions = Divine Favor (1/10r)
Scimitar: Attack: BAB +6/1, Str +4, Magic +1, Focus +1, (Power -2) Damage: Str +4, Magic +1, Specialization +2, (Power +4) Crit: 18-20
Ranged: Attack: BAB +6/1, Dex +1 Damage: Str +4
Blessings (6/7, su, DC 16) (Holy Strike (std) or Powerful Healer) (sw)
Fervor (6/6, su, sw, DC 16, 3d6)
Sacred Weapon (8/8r, su, sw, +2)
Sacred Armor (8/8m, su, sw, +1)
Boots of Speed = 10/10 (+1 attack, +1 on attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC & Reflex, +30’ move)
Pearl of Power (1/1, first)(1/1, second)
Spells (Caster Level 8, Concentration +10)
Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Stabilize
First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
Second (14): Bull’s Strength, Bull’s Strength, Burst of Radiance, Hold Person, Sound Burst
Third (15): Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment

Kyffin swears under his breath as he charges forth, drawing his scimitar as he goes! He swiftly casts Divine Favor (+3 attacks/damage (luck)) and tries to make a swing on the beast (if it’s 30’ away he’ll close and swing. If it’s 35’ or more, he’ll just close).

Scimitar (magic): 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 3 = 30 (favor) damage: 1d8 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 = 22 (favor)


M Dwarf 55 hp. AC: 11 (f10/t11); CMD: 16; F: +5, R: +6, W: +8

Jasno isn't sure what to make of the creature.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 3 + 4 = 14

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

It's flying, Kyffin.


AC: 22 (f19/t12); CMD: 20; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10; Perc +6

Doh! Sorry, I totally missed that.

Kyffin holds his ground and readies an attack in the event it closes. So pretty much everything is the same, except he's not moving.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1/2:

Tenebrynn: 16*
Tristain: 15*
Albert: 15*
Jasno: 11*
Kyffin: 21
Antagonist: 20

Seeing Kyffin ready his blade, the creature picks another target, the smallest member of the group, Tenebrynn. He flies by, snapping at the gnome, teeth drawing blood, as he soars back into the air. Tenebrynn takes 14 hp

Mechanics:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14

He's about 10 feet away from the group and 10 feet up. He didn't have reach on his jaws, but his claws look like they do.


M Human - Loon 8 AC: 13 (11 FF) CMD (16/14) CMB +3 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +10

Tristain finally collects his wits enough to figure out what is happening.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Know (Arcana)

”Hey! Bring her back! We need her!” Tristain calls, trying to figure out relevant details on what to do.

DRs? Resistances?

4,551 to 4,600 of 4,818 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Strange Aeons PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.