Motteditor's Reign of Winter PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / overall map


11,701 to 11,750 of 11,883 << first < prev | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | next > last >>

Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31 Will

Apetir hears the howl and tries to keep a stiff upper lift. At the sound, his meaty paws reach for the fire seeds, ready to make battle.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Just to be clear, the wendigo is clearly still some ways away. You're not in combat at the moment...


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28

Will Save v DC 28: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

"Your Hut is truly a thing of wonder, Baba Yaga. It would be, homier, had you foregone all the hideous denizens. Some of your guardians had their charms, of course, but they were largely held against their will, and proved quite annoying when we tried to come and go as we pleased."

Tsin finds herself recalling some of the stranger things they'd experienced, and it drives words from the front of her brain. The howling distracts her.

"That's a singular howl. What if it howls again, in so many minutes? Are our minds steeled against any further attempts to intimidate us?"

Tsin waits for the warmth of the Mansion, rubbing her forearms to improve the circulation of blood.


Male Elf Traveler 16 | init +6, per +32 | AC 35/19/29 | HP 130 | Fort +17, Reflex +15, Will +20 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 33

DC 28 Will save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

Quinn shivers at the howl and is unable to shake the terror rising in him. "Did Apetir already eat today? You're not hungry are you, buddy?"


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Apetir nods to Quinn, giving him the "I could eat more" look back. He's trying to be honest and truthful with the Alpha. And he could rest and eat and whatnot.

He bares his teeth in a ape smile.


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

Will Save (DC 28): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

"Bah! What a dreadful racket!" As the group seems to be readying for a rest, Malavarius summons the door to his tower. He glances to Tsin, "I'm afraid that I'm not entirely sure, my dear. I'm sure if enough time passes any of us would find that baleful howl unsettling again, at the very least."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Thanks to Malavarius' Magical Mystery Mansion, you're able to pass the evening without any further disruption, and you emerge back on the steppes in the morning to complete your journey to the kurgan. You can assume you've cast your usual preparatory spells

Rising from the bleak plain like a beacon stands a huge earthen mound. It is clearly artificial, protruding prominently from the otherwise flat steppe, but it is just as obviously thousands of years old, as its contours are the natural result of long years of wind and rains, and the brown grasses of the steppe grow in an unbroken blanket over its sides. A low, dark entrance, little more than a cave opening, leads into the mound near the bottom on the south face, framed by two mammoth tusks. Two squat, lichen-covered female statues flank this opening, but the details of whatever they once depicted have long since been erased by the years.


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

In the morning, Hektir is animated, hopeful that the end of their quest to restore summer is nearly at an end. He prepares as he usually does, and changing into Apetir only after the party has set out from the mansion.

Only his daily buffs are running and he has yet to protect himself from cold or give himself flight yet. His fire seeds are within easy reach.

He’s going to kick some witchy ass.


Male Elf Traveler 16 | init +6, per +32 | AC 35/19/29 | HP 130 | Fort +17, Reflex +15, Will +20 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 33

is Quinn recovered from the shaken condition?

"Well, I can see why she liked the hut better than the mound, what a dreary place!"


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

"Looks like a straight line to the entrance. Quinn, your eyes are keener than mine. Do you detect any resistance to our approach? Baba Yaga, before we enter the Kurgan, might you lend us intelligence for our preparations?"

Tsin stretches out before they begin their approach.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

No, Quinn, you recovered after about an hour.

"I hardly know what else has crept in here over the centuries. If you can't defeat whatever is in there, though, you're hardly going to be able to put my great-great-granddaughter in her place..." Baba Yaga replies.

You don't see anything between you and the entrance. Going to assume you've all had time to make any preparations you wanted before entering, so ...

You move into a vast chamber that has been dug out of the mound, the ceiling overhead supported by stout wooden posts and shored up with rough timbers to prevent the packed dirt from collapsing. A large alcove in the north side of the chamber holds a strange statue depicting a humanoid with the head of a hippopotamus, sitting cross-legged and clutching a double-bladed greataxe in its massive hands. Although dark stains smear the statue’s features, it has been beautifully preserved from the passing ages by its sheltered position inside the mound.

Overall map is updated. They're 10-foot squares. Also, not sure if I'll post again this week, what with holiday travels. If not, happy holiday, everyone, and I'll be back Sunday or Monday!


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28

Tsin fixes a firm gaze on the hippo, reasonably sure the thing will come to life, and antagonize. She's seen enough golems and constructs in this long, long journey, to understand that danger can wait a long, long time to awaken. With their footsteps into the Kurgan, and Baba Yaga's promise that Elvanna has likely turned the guardians to her purpose, Tsin will keep her guard up, until the end.

Knowledge(Arcana?), Monster Lore: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 3 = 28 +3 more if Nature/Planes/Religion Check instead

"I don't suppose you all would consider destroying the idol before it awakens? The stains are unnerving."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Surely a butcher isn't afraid of a little blood. Especially when the ones who left the blood there are long gone," Baba Yaga replies.

If questioned further, she acidly comments that you have nothing to fear, as she's never seen the thing move at all.

Tsin doesn't recognize anything that looks like this, half-hippopotamus, half-human.


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Apetir almost flippantly begins a full round cast. He summons a small friend (SNA 3), a normal ape and sends to to pounding at the weird hippo statue.

He grunts and points to enjoy more apish pounding and smashing.


Male Elf Traveler 16 | init +6, per +32 | AC 35/19/29 | HP 130 | Fort +17, Reflex +15, Will +20 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 33

As the ape beats on the statue, Quinn keeps watching for something to sneak up on the party...

Perception: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (16) + 32 = 48

...and if nothing occurs or springs from the shadows, then he'll take some time to search the chamber properly.

take 20 on search for a 52


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28
Baba Yaga wrote:
"Surely a butcher isn't afraid of a little blood. Especially when the ones who left the blood there are long gone."

Tsin doesn't speak her query, as to how the witch knows whose blood it might be, and when they left it. Baba Yaga might be deducing, for the dryness of the stains...

The swordswoman looks on with interest, as Hektir sacrifices a summons to figure out what will magically awaken to assume guardian duties for Baba Yaga Queen Elvanna.


HP 98/98; AC 19, T 14, FF 15; F+9, R+14, W+15; Init +8; Perc+23 (24 vs traps); SR 27; immune to cold

"I wouldn't get too grouchy, Grandma. Tsin's sword cuts all sorts of things, even mouthy dolls." Pems mutters. He waits and watches the ape go... ape-sh!t on the statue.


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

"Oh, good heavens Hektir! Let the corpulent stone thing be and save your magics for that blasted wendigo or Elvanna herself."

Despite his words, the old wizard still arches one bushy eyebrow as Hektir vents his suspicions, and the mage weaves a quick protection over Tsin as Hektir continues to lash about.

protection from spells for Tsin

Status:

HP: 88/88
AC: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Fort: +9 // Ref: +10 // Will: +16 (+1 vs spells, SLAs, & Su abilities of evil arcane spellcasters)
Spell Resistance: 18
Resist 10: Cold
Energy Absorption: 0/48 absorbed
Displacement used: 0/15 rds
Pearl of Power I: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power III: 0/1 used
wand of scorching ray: 35/50 charges used
Cantrips Prepared (4): detect magic, open/close, prestidigitation, read magic
Level 1 Prepared (4+2+1): endure elements [X], feather fall [ ], identify [ ], mount [ ], protection from evil* [ ], mage armor [X], shield [ ]
Level 2 Prepared (4+2+1): glitterdust [ ], locate object [ ], protection from arrows [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Level 3 Prepared (4+2+1): dispel magic* [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ], fireball [ ], haste [ ] [ ], magic weapon (greater) [X]
Level 4 Prepared (4+2+1): dimensional anchor [ ], dimension door [ ] [ ], fireball (intensified) [ ] [ ] [ ], remove curse* [ ]
Level 5 Prepared (3+1+1): break enchantment* [ ], dismissal [ ], lightning arc [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 6 Prepared (3+1+1): disintegrate [ ] [ ] [ ], flesh to stone [ ], greater dispel magic* [ ]
Level 7 Prepared (3+1+1): banishment [ ], mage's sword [ ], mmm [ ], resonating word [ ], spell turning* [ ]
Level 8 Prepared (2+1+1): moment of prescience [X], protection from spells* [X] [ ], mind blank [X]

Protective Ward used: 0/10

Ongoing Effects:
protection from arrows (everyone)
mage armor (Pemsworth)
greater magic weapon (Hektir)
moment of prescience (self)
mind blank (Tsin)
protection from spells (Tsin, 160 minutes)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

To no one's surprise -- except apparently Baba Yaga, as you can feel the waves of shock roll off her -- the idol animates as the ape (the summoned one, not Hektir) enters the room. You react quickly, though Tsin is so annoyed that she spends a moment glaring at Baba Yaga's doll form, a moment that costs her. Everyone but Tsin is up; if you enter the room, you need to make a DC 21 Will save vs. fear or be panicked; on a success, you're shaken for 1 round.

Initiative:

Hektir (+2 in surprise rounds): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Malavarius: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Pemsworth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Quinn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Tsin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Antagonist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28

"Wait a moment. Let the ape demonstrate the idol's ability, before you rush head long into battle. Perhaps the idol is a slow thing, and we can let the animal distract it while we exit the chamber to the left."


HP 98/98; AC 19, T 14, FF 15; F+9, R+14, W+15; Init +8; Perc+23 (24 vs traps); SR 27; immune to cold

Pems hesitates as Tsin makes a lot of sense. "Good call." He lays his Witch's Charge hex upon Tsin while they wait.


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Summoned GorillaCR 2:

XP —
N Large celestial/fiendish animal
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

DEFENSE

AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, -1 size)
hp 19 [25] (3d8+6) [3d8+12]
Fort +7 [+9], Ref +5, Will +2
SR 7
Celestial – Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5
Fiendish – Resist cold and fire 5

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee 2 slams +3 [+5] (1d6+2) [1d6+4]
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attack smite evil/good

STATISTICS

Str 15 [19], Dex 15, Con 14 [18], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +2; CMB +5 [+7]; CMD 17 [19]
Feats Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +14 [+16], Perception +8

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Will

The proud ape demonstrates its ability by running away, crying with fear, and pooping itself in the process.

Apetir responds with a slow and embarrassed facepalm and a sigh.

Full turn will come tonight unless I get lucky.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

LOL! So much for your plan, Tsin. We will all hope you don't get lucky tonight, then, Hektir.


Male Elf Traveler 16 | init +6, per +32 | AC 35/19/29 | HP 130 | Fort +17, Reflex +15, Will +20 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 33

"I'll draw it out." Quinn volunteers. He moves into the room and approaches the idol ready to pop back out as needed.

Will save DC 21: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

ready action to dimension hop


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Both Pems and Mal act before Apetir, so gunna wait to see if they can ID.

Apetir points to the hangry hangry hippo, then points at Mal, then Pems, then makes the WTF? gesture.

Mal, what is that? Pems?


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

Is there a check to make for this thing? Seems like too deliberate of a set piece to be that ghost from the stove and jotun troll that got away.

Malavarius regards the lumbering hippopotamus-like statue and frowns as he strokes his beard. "What in the blazes is that monstrous thing?" The old wizard then sends a thin emerald beam lancing toward the statue's large axe. "No need for that!"

CL Check vs SR: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32
Disintegrate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26for: 32d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 6, 5, 1, 1, 6, 3, 4, 5, 6, 3, 1, 6, 6, 1, 4, 4, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3) = 114 or Fort Save (DC 24) for: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 2, 4) = 15

Status:

HP: 88/88
AC: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Fort: +9 // Ref: +10 // Will: +16 (+1 vs spells, SLAs, & Su abilities of evil arcane spellcasters)
Spell Resistance: 18
Resist 10: Cold
Energy Absorption: 0/48 absorbed
Displacement used: 0/15 rds
Pearl of Power I: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power III: 0/1 used
wand of scorching ray: 35/50 charges used
Cantrips Prepared (4): detect magic, open/close, prestidigitation, read magic
Level 1 Prepared (4+2+1): endure elements [X], feather fall [ ], identify [ ], mount [ ], protection from evil* [ ], mage armor [X], shield [ ]
Level 2 Prepared (4+2+1): glitterdust [ ], locate object [ ], protection from arrows [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Level 3 Prepared (4+2+1): dispel magic* [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ], fireball [ ], haste [ ] [ ], magic weapon (greater) [X]
Level 4 Prepared (4+2+1): dimensional anchor [ ], dimension door [ ] [ ], fireball (intensified) [ ] [ ] [ ], remove curse* [ ]
Level 5 Prepared (3+1+1): break enchantment* [ ], dismissal [ ], lightning arc [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 6 Prepared (3+1+1): disintegrate [X] [ ] [ ], flesh to stone [ ], greater dispel magic* [ ]
Level 7 Prepared (3+1+1): banishment [ ], mage's sword [ ], mmm [ ], resonating word [ ], spell turning* [ ]
Level 8 Prepared (2+1+1): moment of prescience [X], protection from spells* [X] [ ], mind blank [X]
Protective Ward used: 0/10

Ongoing Effects:
protection from arrows (everyone)
mage armor (Pemsworth)
greater magic weapon (Hektir)
moment of prescience (self)
mind blank (Tsin)
protection from spells (Tsin, 160 minutes)


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28

Creature's CR is higher than 18, if my maths are in line. Will happily disappoint our GM if that thing is destroyed before it gets up and waddles forward...


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

Just to clarify, I'm meaning to disintegrate its axe and leave it (ostensibly) weaponless. That's the hope, at least.


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Apetir waits to see if Mal's spell has the intended effect. And see if there is an ID check to be had.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Know (arcana) DC 31:

It's a stone idol, a construct granted power by the faith placed in it over the centuries.

The axe disintegrates there goes a cool 98,000 gp magic item... as Mal's spell hits it, though the creature still begins to move toward Quinn as the cleric enters and the ape exits.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Still waiting on Hektir's action to resolve the round. I'm assuming Quinn went in and will bounce back out as the creature moves toward him.


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

A 98,000 gp item with no mercane to sell it to isn't much different from a handful of dirt, I'm afraid.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (9) + 26 = 35

"Jumping Jehoshaphat! I think that thing used to just be stone but its actually acquired a sliver of divinity from being worshipped for so long. I thought such things were just a myth! Astounding."


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

I’m still confused as to why Mal didn’t roll an arcana check two days ago.

Hektir delays, hoping to get some information before charging in.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 98/98; AC 19, T 14, FF 15; F+9, R+14, W+15; Init +8; Perc+23 (24 vs traps); SR 27; immune to cold

"A god?!? We have to fight a god now?!?" Pems sighs and whistles. "Welp, Hektir, you get to grunt that you fought a god, mate. Just think of the wife that'll buy you!"

Pems draws his revolver and nods to the rest of the party. "Let's go kill a statue god. Do you think he dies, we get to be statue gods? I'll be the statue god of former halflings. Mal can be the statue god of lost hats. Tsin can be the statue god of whatever she wants to be because she scares me in a way that confuses and titillates me. Quinn can be statue god of alcoholism and its denial! And Hektir can be statue god of apely wife-taking."

Arcana: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37 Any information on weaknesses, vulnerabilities and immunities, please!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Between Mal and Pems, they're prety sure the thing is likely immune to the usual things constructs are immune to, plus its stone exterior won't be easy to crack without a lot of strength it has hardness, and doesn't take full damage from ranged and energy attacks. That said, sonic effects might work well against it...


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Round 1

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 Will vs. DC 21

Apetir flies into room, unaffected by the 'god's' radiance. He moves, 20' up, ready to flank in the next round. He hopes his sacrificial apebait serves its purpose of luring the 'godling' into a flank.

ApeTir Status:

[ dice=bite]1d20+22[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+22[/dice] magic damage;

[ dice=claw]1d20+22[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d4+22[/dice] magic damage;

[ dice=claw]1d20+22[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d4+22[/dice] magic damage;

HP 179/179
AC: 10 + 9 breastplate + 5 shield + 1 dex - 1 size + 3 deflection + 4 NA + 5 Barkskin: 36 AC
Resist 15/cold and fire; 10/good; resinous skin

Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +19; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
Immune poison

N Large animal
Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent, ferocity

Strength: 26+4=29 (+10)
Dex: 14-2 = 12. +4 NA bonus
Speed 30+20=50 ft., climb 30+10=40 ft.

Melee: +12 BAB +10 Str +4 Amulet -4 PowerAttack = +22 to hit
Damage, bite: 1d6+10 (str) + 8 (PA) + 4 amulet = 1d6+22
Damage, claw: 1d4+10 (str) + 8 (PA) + 4 amulet = 1d4+22

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d4+17)

Spells:
Barkskin (extended-320 minutes)
Resinous Skin (extended-320 minutes)
Gr. Longstrider (16 hours)
Resist Fire (30) -  minutes
Echolocation - 0 minutes
Endure Elements

Elemental Body 1 (druid lvl 6): Air elemental: If the form you take is that of a Small air elemental, you gain a +2 size bonus to your Dexterity and a +2 natural armor bonus. You also gain fly 60 feet (perfect), darkvision 60 feet, and the ability to create a whirlwind.
Elemental Body 2 (druid lvl 8):Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +4 size bonus to your Dexterity and a +3 natural armor bonus.
Elemental Body 3 (druid lvl 10):Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +2 size bonus to your Strength, +4 size bonus to your Dexterity, and a +4 natural armor bonus.
Elemental Body 4 (druid lvl 12):Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +4 size bonus to your Strength, +6 size bonus to your Dexterity, and a +4 natural armor

Hektir Status:

AC: 7 armor + 3 shield + 2 dex + 1 ring +3 barkskin =26
HP 179/179  - DR5 piercing

Rimeblade:
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+7[/dice] magic damage.

+12 BAB +8 Str + 1 Mwk = +21 to hit

Spit:

Druid Spells Prepared (CL 16th; concentration +22)
. . 8th—summon nature's ally VIII (animals only)[D], sunburst (DC 24), word of recall*
. . 7th—animal shapes[D], fire storm (DC 23), heal, sunbeam (DC 23)
. . 6th—fire seeds* (2), mass fly[D,APG] (DC 22), quickened resist energy (2)
. . 5th—beast shape III (animals only)[D], death ward, fire snake[APG] (2, DC 21), stoneskin, wall of fire
. . 4th—echolocation[UM], flame strike (DC 20), freedom of movement, life bubble[APG] (DC 20), slowing mud[*ACG] (DC 20), summon nature's ally IV (animals only)[D]
. . 3rd—daylight, fly[D], greater longstrider*, communal resist energy[UC], sleet storm, stone shape*
. . 2nd—barkskin* (2), feather fall[D], fog cloud (2), resist energy* (2)
. . 1st—air bubble[UC], calm animals[D] (DC 17), liberating command[UC] (2), obscuring mist, produce flame (2)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 1:

Tsin: 7*
Pemsworth: 28
Quinn: 25
Malavarius: 18
Hektir: 15
Antagonist: 9

Pems puts his wyrd on Tsin as she waits, watching as Mal destroyed the idol's axe, and the gorilla goes running back out of the room into the plain. Hektir and Quinn exhibit more bravery -- or perhaps less intelligence -- as they enter, Hektir in the air, Quinn on the ground.

As the idol approaches Quinn, the cleric pops back to his companions 30 foot step and the hippo-like creature turns its attention to the flying monkey. It spits, and what looks to be a mass of ice and snow engulfs Hektir! He quickly realizes that the spit is in fact alive! Hektir takes 23 bludgeoning damage, plus 4 cold damage; plus is engulfed (so has the pinned condition and is in danger of suffocating).

Know (dungeoneering) DC 21:

It's a glacial ooze, which looks like its made of snow and ice, but is in fact alive.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
1d4 ⇒ 2
3d6 + 2d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + (2, 6) + 9 + (4) = 27

Idol of millions: 2 rounds

Party is up; remember it's 10-foot squares.


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

@Motte: usually there is a reflex save to avoid engulf effects. Is that not the case here? Also what is the size of the ooze and can it entrap things larger or as large as itself?

Apetir ponders his existene.


Male Elf Traveler 16 | init +6, per +32 | AC 35/19/29 | HP 130 | Fort +17, Reflex +15, Will +20 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 33

Quinn waves at the spit attack and the shot veers awkwardly at the last moment.

immediate action, divine interference, sacrifice locate object to make the statue reroll the spit attack with a -2 modifier

"That false god is nearly as bad as non-alcoholic beer!" Offended and wary of their foe, Quinn calls upon Cayden to bless the party.

blessing of fervor, misses Hektir

next week is crazy busy, I'll update as I can, but please bot/run Quinn as needed, should be back to normal by Saturday


HP 98/98; AC 19, T 14, FF 15; F+9, R+14, W+15; Init +8; Perc+23 (24 vs traps); SR 27; immune to cold

Pems steps into the room... Will DC 21: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 He momentarily shudders, but fights through it. He accepts the Blessing to increase his speed and rushes to within 30' of the Quinn and hits him with Fortune (Re-roll twice and take the best roll once per round, duration of two rounds).

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The ooze automatically engulfs in this case (because it was spit out by the idol). It's Large and can engulf up to its size.

Respit: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 2 = 30

Unfortunately, Quinn causes it to veer in the wrong direction, and it hits Hektir this time right in the chest.


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

Malavarius tugs on his beard in alarm as the giant godling engulfs Hektir in the most hideous phlegm the wizard has ever seen. "Oh good heavens that's foul! Hektir, lad, hold still!" An emerald beam then lances out from Malavarius' outstretched staff as he tries to blast the ooze into dust.

CL Check vs SR: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
Disintegrate: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26for: 32d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 3, 5, 6, 5, 4, 4, 1, 6, 3, 2, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3) = 114or Fort Save (DC 24) for: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 3, 3) = 19

+2's from BoF

Status:

HP: 88/88
AC: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Fort: +9 // Ref: +10 // Will: +16 (+1 vs spells, SLAs, & Su abilities of evil arcane spellcasters)
Spell Resistance: 18
Resist 10: Cold
Energy Absorption: 0/48 absorbed
Displacement used: 0/15 rds
Pearl of Power I: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power III: 0/1 used
wand of scorching ray: 35/50 charges used
Cantrips Prepared (4): detect magic, open/close, prestidigitation, read magic
Level 1 Prepared (4+2+1): endure elements [X], feather fall [ ], identify [ ], mount [ ], protection from evil* [ ], mage armor [X], shield [ ]
Level 2 Prepared (4+2+1): glitterdust [ ], locate object [ ], protection from arrows [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Level 3 Prepared (4+2+1): dispel magic* [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ], fireball [ ], haste [ ] [ ], magic weapon (greater) [X]
Level 4 Prepared (4+2+1): dimensional anchor [ ], dimension door [ ] [ ], fireball (intensified) [ ] [ ] [ ], remove curse* [ ]
Level 5 Prepared (3+1+1): break enchantment* [ ], dismissal [ ], lightning arc [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 6 Prepared (3+1+1): disintegrate [X] [X] [ ], flesh to stone [ ], greater dispel magic* [ ]
Level 7 Prepared (3+1+1): banishment [ ], mage's sword [ ], mmm [ ], resonating word [ ], spell turning* [ ]
Level 8 Prepared (2+1+1): moment of prescience [X], protection from spells* [X] [ ], mind blank [X]
Protective Ward used: 0/10

Ongoing Effects:
protection from arrows (everyone)
mage armor (Pemsworth)
greater magic weapon (Hektir)
moment of prescience (self)
mind blank (Tsin)
protection from spells (Tsin, 160 minutes)
blessing of fervor: +2 to hit, +2 AC, +2 Ref Saves


Female Char-cutie HP 218; AC 28, T 15, FF 26; F+20, R+8, W+14/+17(fear); Init +5; Perc +21; CMD 35/33ff; SR 28

Round 1, Init 7

Status:

AC = 30
HP = 218/218
Weapon Equipped = Sever
Condition(s) = Protection from Spells, Witch's Charge, Shaken, Blessing of Fervor

Tsin enters the Kurgan, mindful of the unfolding chaos.

Will Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 Nope
Improved Iron Will Reroll: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29

It occurs to her that she can delay long enough for Malavarius to obliterate the thing before she incurs any injury, but she recognizes that her mind can, on occasion, convince her that fear is simply primitive reason seeking survival. She pushes the thought away, and marches towards the creation. For its distance, Tsin circles the hippo to the left, imagining that there will inevitably be a flank for her to take. She keeps 20' away, if possible, baiting the thing to close on her, readying a single attack, should it be so bold.

Blessing of Fervor for 30' Additional Movement.

She growls petition to Pharasma to thicken her skin a little more against the incoming swings. Judgment of Sacred Protection +2

Readied Attack:

Strike Back

Sever, Power Attack: 1d20 + 25 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 25 - 4 = 24 for 2d4 + 14 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 14 + 12 + (4) = 38 damage, including Fire


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Waiting to see if Mal’s disintegrate works. If not, Apetir will use a move action to become a HUGE apish mastodon and see if that frees him.

Apetir ponders his life’s choices that have lead him to this point.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2:

Tsin: 7
Pemsworth: 28
Quinn: 25
Malavarius: 18
Hektir: 15
Antagonist: 9

Tsin circles the idol, barely staying out of the massive thing's range. Quinn and Pems move into the entrance to the kurgan, followed by Mal, who tries to free Hektir. Unfortunately, while the mass of ice and snow sizzles at the old wizard's spell, it remains and Hektir forces himself to grow even larger, freeing himself from the ooze, though it remains a threat.

Still waiting for Hek's standard action.

Mechanics:

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Ooze: 19
Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Manly Stats:
HP 179; F:17/R:10/W:19;Fly +13; (Loc) +21, (Nat) +22, (Geog) +5, (Plns) +10, Perc +33, Surv +18,Spllcrft+16
Tracksmage 16

Round 2

Apetir stays 20’ up and reverts back to Apetir as a standard action.

ApeTir Status:

[ dice=bite]1d20+22[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+22[/dice] magic damage;

[ dice=claw]1d20+22[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d4+22[/dice] magic damage;

[ dice=claw]1d20+22[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d4+22[/dice] magic damage;

HP 179/179
AC: 10 + 9 breastplate + 5 shield + 1 dex - 1 size + 3 deflection + 4 NA + 5 Barkskin: 36 AC
Resist 15/cold and fire; 10/good; resinous skin

Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +19; +4 vs. fey and plant-targeted effects
Immune poison

N Large animal
Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent, ferocity

Strength: 26+4=29 (+10)
Dex: 14-2 = 12. +4 NA bonus
Speed 30+20=50 ft., climb 30+10=40 ft.

Melee: +12 BAB +10 Str +4 Amulet -4 PowerAttack = +22 to hit
Damage, bite: 1d6+10 (str) + 8 (PA) + 4 amulet = 1d6+22
Damage, claw: 1d4+10 (str) + 8 (PA) + 4 amulet = 1d4+22

Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d4+17)

Spells:
Barkskin (extended-320 minutes)
Resinous Skin (extended-320 minutes)
Gr. Longstrider (16 hours)
Resist Fire (30) - minutes
Echolocation - 0 minutes
Endure Elements

Elemental Body 1 (druid lvl 6): Air elemental: If the form you take is that of a Small air elemental, you gain a +2 size bonus to your Dexterity and a +2 natural armor bonus. You also gain fly 60 feet (perfect), darkvision 60 feet, and the ability to create a whirlwind.
Elemental Body 2 (druid lvl 8):Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +4 size bonus to your Dexterity and a +3 natural armor bonus.
Elemental Body 3 (druid lvl 10):Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +2 size bonus to your Strength, +4 size bonus to your Dexterity, and a +4 natural armor bonus.
Elemental Body 4 (druid lvl 12):Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +4 size bonus to your Strength, +6 size bonus to your Dexterity, and a +4 natural armor

Hektir Status:

AC: 7 armor + 3 shield + 2 dex + 1 ring +3 barkskin =26
HP 179/179 - DR5 piercing

Rimeblade:
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6+7[/dice] magic damage.

+12 BAB +8 Str + 1 Mwk = +21 to hit

Spit:

Druid Spells Prepared (CL 16th; concentration +22)
. . 8th—summon nature's ally VIII (animals only)[D], sunburst (DC 24), word of recall*
. . 7th—animal shapes[D], fire storm (DC 23), heal, sunbeam (DC 23)
. . 6th—fire seeds* (2), mass fly[D,APG] (DC 22), quickened resist energy (2)
. . 5th—beast shape III (animals only)[D], death ward, fire snake[APG] (2, DC 21), stoneskin, wall of fire
. . 4th—echolocation[UM], flame strike (DC 20), freedom of movement, life bubble[APG] (DC 20), slowing mud[*ACG] (DC 20), summon nature's ally IV (animals only)[D]
. . 3rd—daylight, fly[D], greater longstrider*, communal resist energy[UC], sleet storm, stone shape
. . 2nd—barkskin* (2), feather fall[D], fog cloud (2), resist energy* (2)
. . 1st—air bubble[UC], calm animals[D] (DC 17), liberating command[UC] (2), obscuring mist, produce flame (2)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2b
Hektir reverts back to his usual size as the ooze moves toward the group at the entrance, pouring over them as it threatens to engulf all three! You can each attempt an AoO, or a DC 21 Reflex save to avoid being engulfed and taking 6 cold damage

The idol, meanwhile, moves toward Tsin. It stays out of her reach, its own much greater, as it chomps down on her, though she's able to slip free of its bite moments later. 29 hp, but I think you have freedom of movement, so aren't potentially grabbed.

Mechanics:

1d6 ⇒ 6
Bite: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38
4d8 + 11 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 5) + 11 = 29

Ooze: 19
Idol: 1 round

Party is up.


HP 98/98; AC 19, T 14, FF 15; F+9, R+14, W+15; Init +8; Perc+23 (24 vs traps); SR 27; immune to cold

"NOPE!" Pems cries as he tries to get the heck out of the goop. Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Getting clear of the goop, he tried to ice-tomb the blob!

Cold damage, Fort DC 26 half and avoids entombment: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

Reflex Save (DC 21): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Malavarius grunts as the icy ooze engulfs him and he watches with wide eyes as Pemsworth works to entomb the ooze while he himself remains inside of it. Blurbling something that's lost within the frigid mountain of mucus, the old mage closes his eyes and concentrates before suddenly vanishing and reappearing a good distance away, deeper within the kurgan.

Concentration check: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 casting dimension door
Will Save (DC 21): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

"Gadzooks!"

I'd like to appear as far from the ooze as I can while still having bodies between myself and the hippo-godling.

Status:

HP: 88/88
AC: 17 (11 T / 16 FF)
Fort: +9 // Ref: +10 // Will: +16 (+1 vs spells, SLAs, & Su abilities of evil arcane spellcasters)
Spell Resistance: 18
Resist 10: Cold
Energy Absorption: 0/48 absorbed
Displacement used: 0/15 rds
Pearl of Power I: 0/1 used
Pearl of Power III: 0/1 used
wand of scorching ray: 35/50 charges used
Cantrips Prepared (4): detect magic, open/close, prestidigitation, read magic
Level 1 Prepared (4+2+1): endure elements [X], feather fall [ ], identify [ ], mount [ ], protection from evil* [ ], mage armor [X], shield [ ]
Level 2 Prepared (4+2+1): glitterdust [ ], locate object [ ], protection from arrows [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Level 3 Prepared (4+2+1): dispel magic* [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ], fireball [ ], haste [ ] [ ], magic weapon (greater) [X]
Level 4 Prepared (4+2+1): dimensional anchor [ ], dimension door [X] [ ], fireball (intensified) [ ] [ ] [ ], remove curse* [ ]
Level 5 Prepared (3+1+1): break enchantment* [ ], dismissal [ ], lightning arc [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 6 Prepared (3+1+1): disintegrate [X] [X] [ ], flesh to stone [ ], greater dispel magic* [ ]
Level 7 Prepared (3+1+1): banishment [ ], mage's sword [ ], mmm [ ], resonating word [ ], spell turning* [ ]
Level 8 Prepared (2+1+1): moment of prescience [X], protection from spells* [X] [ ], mind blank [X]
Protective Ward used: 0/10

Ongoing Effects:
protection from arrows (everyone)
mage armor (Pemsworth)
greater magic weapon (Hektir)
moment of prescience (self)
mind blank (Tsin)
protection from spells (Tsin, 160 minutes)
blessing of fervor: +2 to hit, +2 AC, +2 Ref Saves

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Behind Hektir, Mal?


male human addled old kook 16
Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 88 | AC 17 ( 11 T / 16 FF) | Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +16 | CMD 18 | Know (arc, planes) +26, (local, rel) +20, (nat) +12, (dun) +11 | Fly +20 | Esc Art + 15 | Perc +20 | S.craft +25 | UMD +21

That'd be great, yeah. North of Hektir where it's nice and safe and where nothing bad could possibly happen to us.

11,701 to 11,750 of 11,883 << first < prev | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Snows of Summer PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.