Lil"Eschie The Emerald Spire-Team I'm good and I know it! (Inactive)

Game Master Escharid Blackrose

Fort Inevitable Map
Emerald Spire-Map
Forest Ambush
Loot-Good team

Davlamin HP 10/10 AC 12/12/10
Warren HP 10/20 AC 20/11/19
Joza HP 10/18 AC 15/12/13
Rahiv HP 18/18 AC 16/13/13
Zinli HP 17/17 AC 16/14/13
Voyla HP 20/20 AC 17/14/13


151 to 200 of 1,808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Thanks! ^o^
And also thank you everyone for wishing me good luck! :) I didn't have the time to tell you how much it touched me


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Youre welcome!


HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

Welcome back Zinli and you're welcome!

Unable to get a word in edgewise, Joza is simply reduced to nodding and replying, "Uh huh" as Zinli happily attempts to explain how her pis-tol works. "It sounds amazing...but I think I might understand it better once I see how it works in battle," she chuckles once the gnome finally runs out of steam. Turning to Davlamin, she replies, "I don't mind going with you to meet with Sage Royst, but I have no idea where he would live. Maybe Rahiv or Ekran would know?"


To Ekran/Rahiv (re post from earlier):
You know a few things about the town, of course, as you live here or around.Besides the Temple of the Golden Key (33), where Abadar is worshipped, there's a temple of Pharasma called the Temple of Silence (19). You can find any kind of mundane items at Braddon's General Store (26). No one can miss the Commander's Citadel (32), a huge octogonal building which is the center of the Hellknight command. The local mage is an old man called Abernard Royst, living in a white house (41).Finally, Rillin's Armory (25) is a well known trade, specialising in plate armor and good quality armor, and good weapons can be found at Tsador Arms (37), even if the half orc owner is mean. Numbers in brackets refer to the map


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1

Still clutching his head a bit, Ekran brightens a bit at the mention of seeking out the old magicker. Maybe he has a spell to put this grog-soaked headache in someone else's brain...

"Finally, something besides fighting that needs my expertise! I'll lead the way to the wizard's shack...follow me!

With a gesture (and a bit of a wobble), Ekran walks towards the mage's home.....he stops, blinks a bit, and then turns 180 degrees and goes the opposite direction.

Hehe....it's this way...


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Chuckling a bit, Davlamin smiled as he followed the half-drunk warrior towards the sage's home. Thank you my friend Ekran. Have you lived here for very long?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Thinking out Davlamin said, Ro caele beika sereg.

Translation from Elven:

He had too many cups of ale.

Literal Translation:

He drank countless cups of ale.

@Everyone Hooray! I found an elven phrase book! Not a translator but it has interesting phrases in it! I'll put both a translation so you'll know what I'm saying and the literal one for those interested. And Joza what translator are you using?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1
Davlamin Glimmergaunt wrote:
Chuckling a bit, Davlamin smiled as he followed the half-drunk warrior towards the sage's home. Thank you my friend Ekran. Have you lived here for very long?

Smiling broadly, he stretches his arm wide, gesturing to the city around him.

Here??Counting on his fingers:Let's see.....1......2.....3.....4...yes, four years. I was born in Ridonport in Taldan. Though I learned the iron trade from my family...especially my father and uncles...I didn't love it. So I set out to see the world and enjoy as much of it while I can. On my terms.

Ekran's demeanor turns to steel at this last point. You get the sense that he's argued this point in his past.So, for me, it's war, wine and wenches!


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

I see, Davlamin said, so what were you doing before we met you in the tavern?


HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

"I might have said this earlier, but there's something to be said for someone that knows exactly what they want in life," Joza chimes in as they head towards Royst's home. "And not everyone can say that! Many return to dust without having ever determined it. You are lucky, Ekran."


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv listened and thought about what he might want himself. Did he really want to go home to a tribe who had likely moved on, did he want to be an adventurer, what about settling down and becoming a healer for a town...certainly not this town but a bustling city that had a lot better scenery, perhaps even the sea nearby.

"You have given me something to think about Ekran, I haven't thought of what I might want to do with my life now that it is my own again. Maybe I will figure it out one day, but I suppose for now fortune is at least something to look for."


Having left Juliver's inn, It doesn't take you long to walk down Juliver's way to the local mage's house, on the other side of the town, near the second gate...Juliver's gate.

See a pattern here?^^ The house is noted 41 on the map

The door of Abernard's white house is closed, of course.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin thanked Ekran as he walked up to the door and knocked on it. Hello, Master Royst? Are you home? We are adventurers planning on traveling to the Emerald Spire and we would be most thankful if you could aid us with any knowledge of the ruins that may assist us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

After a few minutes wait, a white haired man in his mid fifties open the door.
He looks at you all, with a mix of surprise and cautiousness

You seem to have an advantage on me, young ones, as you know my name and I don't know yours. May I ask you who you are? Arcane knowledge is important, but don't forget mundane knowledge and good manners can open you quite a few doors into this world.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

"Oh, hi! Nice to meet you!"

Zinli bowed down a little, and started to present everyone:

"Well, there's Ekran. Who's a bit drunk. But he'll get better. Then there's Joza, Strider, Rahiv, and Davlamin. And I'm Zinli!" she completed, with her usual enthusiasm. "Aaaanndd... Nope, that's all!"

She tilted her head back to look at Davlamin:

"Was it good? I hope so. 'Cause I've honesty forgotten why we're here. So I'm just going to look at the pretty flowers over there, aaannddd... Let you do your business!"

The strange gnome walked a bit away, and knelt in front of some colorful flowers she had apparently noticed.


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv followed Zinli's example and left the half elf to his business while he enjoyed the flowers and company of the gnome.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

To Rahiv:

Spoiler:
Zinli is staring intensively at the flowers. She picked a red one, bringing it closer to her thick glasses.

"Even in this town," she murmured. "There are still pretty flowers... Nice."

She was looking at it closely, when she let out a barely audible scream of joy.

"Look!"

She brandished the flower almost under Rahiv's nose.

"A red caterpillar! It looks a-do-ra-ble! I've always saw the green ones..."

Overjoyed, she picked carefully the insect between her thumb and her index, and watched its small legs moving madly in the air. She then smiled brightly, chuckled mischeviously, and put it in one of her pocket...


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin was going to introduce everyone but the gnome had already started doing that. He smiled at her as she finished. It is an honor to meet you, Hodoer. I am Davlamin Glimmergaunt. I am a scholar of the Ancient Azlanti, and I heard that there was a connection between the Azlanti and the Emerald Spire.. The half-elf bowed as he called Royst 'wise one' in Elven. I was hoping you could assist us in knowing more about the ruins. Davlamin smiled as he hoped to learn more about the Azlanti and the Emerald Spire.


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv watched her curiosity and smiled. It was true that there was hidden beauty even in the worst of cities such as this.

When she brandished the flower under his nose, he almost instinctively ate the caterpillar but calmed himself as he knew he could have a meal when he wanted these days.

He nodded and then watched her slip it in her pocket raising a brow.

"You plan to have a bit of fun with it? Be careful it doesn't become a stain should another tall one take a spill on you."" he said before taking the flower that she had in hand and carefully affixing it in her hair.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Zinli laughed.

"Ha ha! Good one! Don't worry, it'll be safe... Besides, it won't stay here for too long."

She seemed surprised when Rahiv put the flower in her hair. She raised her hand to touch it.

"Wow! Thanks! Does it suit me?"


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv smiled and gave a little chuckle. "It certainly suits you better then this city, but yes I would say it is a nice addition to the palate the world have given you."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

After fallen asleep for what appears to be a hour or two, Strider wakes up from his sleep apparently stretched across two of the limbs, with his claws dug deep into the bark, great for climbing, although poor use for combat. Strider never took the time to sharpen his claws for flesh tarring. When his eyes came to he noticed a squirrel resting on his foot as if it found a stable non moving fluffy spot. First thought was.

Aaa Ha, Got you!!!!

As Strider scrambled to grab the squirrel, attempting to catch some dinner for later. Strider misses, catching his own foot with his hand and the squirrel ran up his arm like a speed demon, and leaping off his shoulder on to another tree. Strider spins around holding on to the tree and attempts to catch this toy, always loving to play with his food, but sadly this one was much faster then Strider expected. Strider gave up, the food was much faster then his sleepy hands after being woke up. Strider looked around and stretched after all the excitement, and pondered on the group that was suppose to catch up to him.

hmmmm.... I wonder..... This group I have been with, would they have gone without me to the spire. Perhaps it might be best if I catch up with them, Wouldn't want to be late......but what if they are still playing in town??? Well I am no good at tracking so best to ask around, furthest from those guards!!!

Strider climbs down the tree, and begins talking to commoners along the street asking them many different questions. Staying out of any view of the guards to the best of his ability.

Sir, Mam, You wouldn't by chance seen any blue fin people traveling with a loud energized gnome, and strong bulky warrior and a flimsy half-elf, with a beautiful cheetah spotted cat-folk lady?

Strider ask around the outside of the gate never going in, asking different people till he gets an answer of sorts, or till he sees the group exiting the gate. Strider was more concerned that he missed the group and is hesitant about heading that way to catch up with them. Slipping into the back of his mind a short but quick lesson.

You know hot headed or not I really shouldn't wonder to far my so called group, after all I am so used to being alone it may not be that way much longer should there skills be useful to me.

Strider is being as nice as he can to people while trying to gather information.

Not really sure what you want me to roll if any roll required so I am adding a few

perception for group: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Local Knowledge to find group: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Charming people to the best of his ability: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Strider struggling with his charismatic approach, and nearly getting people to call the guards. Strider face was causing people to hate him more then favor him, several times having to duck away into the shadows so that way people wouldn't call the guards. Not Striders best day, in fact strider could take a few points on how to talk to people from Joza

Stealth should he have to hide from angry people: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Sorry for such long postings.. was going to go longer but I figured that was enough.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

FLIMSY!?!?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

I'm basically called by the type of sushi you would order at a restaurant so I don't know what you complaining bout.


HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

*snerk* My bad, I totally forgot that Strider went on ahead over the walls and wasn't expecting us to go shopping and go talk to Royst too!

"Joza Fersig, of the Fersig tribe," she bows as Zinli introduces the group and then promptly wanders off to play with the flowers. As Davlamin states their business to the sage, she steals a glance over at Rahiv and Zinli as they talk. A smile creeps across her face and she turns her attention back to Royst and Davlamin, unwilling to intrude on the two's private conversation any further.

"Apologies for our sudden intrusion, wise one. Davlamin is right that we seek to enter the Emerald Spire. He had heard that you knew more about the place than most and suggested that we pay a visit, to see if you would be willing to share any of it with us," she says, her tone one of respect. Despite having lost her temper and yelled at Dav earlier, it had been firmly entrenched in her mind from her earliest days to always, always show proper respect to elders as well as to those capable of weaving magic.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

please take no offense to character play, only playing his personality. Sorry for harsh ideas but there is humor in it.


Strider is left alone in the streets, people giving a wide berth to the strange oversized cat. He remembers the rest of the team was going to check a few things with the local wizard, and even manages to remember that the mage lives on the other side of the Fort, near Juliver's Gate.

..........................................................................

at the wizard's home

Royst invites you inside. His home is cosy, but not ostentatious. Of course, there is a big library, and a small laboratory in a separate room.

He takes a big book lying on the table, closes it, and put it back into the library.

So, you want to explore the Emerald Spire? What do you already know, so I don't give you redundant informations?


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin nodded as he glanced around the mage's home. When he was asked about what he knew about the ruins, the half-elf thought for a moment before answering.

I know that it is a place of great power, great magic, and great danger as well as having some connection with the Azlanti. We've also heard from Lady Starcloak of the Goldenfire Order that there are some planar activity taking place there and that two Goldenfire members disappeared while investigating these activities.

Checking now to see if he knows anything already connecting the Azlanti with the Emerald Spire even if it's just rumors.

knowledge (local): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

knowledge (history): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

@ davlamin Much Cleaner.

After remembering that the group is going to head to the old wizard house, perhaps it would be a good thing to catch up with them, after all he wasn't getting to many people to help him along. Strider Chuckles a little bit.

Purrrrrfect, I remember...

Pausing a moment to look around and again waiting for the guards to let in another travel group of people, ducking into the ground vanishing within to re-enter the city.

This is going to become a common thing....

Strider thought as he ducked into town.

scanning for crowds: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Having some serious difficulty finding groups at such late hour he had to hope for the cover of night and stealth through. Using the boundary of the walls to walk behind the guards, proving harder then it appeared.

Stealthed Entry: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

The idea of picking the pockets of the guards as Strider roamed in, crossed his mind but then thought:

oh... I could take a pocket full of coin... but wait my actions might actually impose on the group, best I find coin somewhere else at the moment like the spire.

-------------------------------------------
Should Strider get through Again...

Should Strider find his way past the guards yet again, he will race through the back ally and head to the old wizards house, knocking a few things down, stopping for a moment as random string was draped down from a window seal. Strider found that this string was more tantalizing then he expected, and stopped to toy with the string for a min or two. Strider realized that he was being distracted he left the window, pulling the string as far as it would go, stuffing it into his pocket after it snapped loose. It couldn't be more then a few feet of yarn. Strider was in such a rush that he didn't even push the yarn in all the way as it dangled behind him as he raced towards the old wizard house.

Once Strider arrived at the old wizard house, he was nervous about knocking on the door but built up enough courage to knock. Strider was at the front door, string dangling behind him, as he stood there waiting for someone to answer.

While at the door of an old wizard house Strider would scan over the door to see if there was any traps quickly. Strider didn't want to be the victim of a wizard trick.

Perception for traps: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Strider lacked wisdom on some things but one thing was he was smart in some situations, first and most importantly don't sneak into old wizard house for you find "magic missile in the darkness'. So no sneak as Strider waited for answer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1

While the wizard and Joza and Dav all earnestly converse on the subject of The Spire and Rahiv and Zinli begin small talk, Ekran starts looking at various books the wizard has collected. Though most of the books look to be about boring subjects he's not particularly interested in: ".....History of Hell Hound Hall.....The Frost Giant Moot......My Dinner with a Duergar....".

He wanders over to the alchemy lab and stares at the bubbling, churning liquids and goos.

Grabbing a stoppered bottle of red liquid, he uncorks it and gives it a sniff.

mmmm, this smells of cinnamon...

"What is this concoction, Master Royst?"


HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

"I scouted around the area outside and nearby the Spire before I made my way here to Fort Inevitable, but I dared not venture inside by myself," Joza offers quietly, trying to recall if she saw anything of significance during her earlier scouting run.

Kn. Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


@Davlamin: you know the last known resident of the Spire were a tribe of Goblins, the tribe of Zog, some 500 years ago. The Spire in itself has never been explored totally, but a few reports and hints has classified it as an Azlant ruin.
@Joza: From your scouting, you know that the Spire is some 6 miles northeast from the Fort, in the Echo Woods. The place is quite unnatural, as the Spire rests in a glen called "the Spire Glen" by the quite unimaginative locals. No tree grows in that glen.

As you speak in turns of what you know of the Spire, and the mage listen to you carefully, he suddenly turns to Ekran

I wouldn't drink that, if I was you. This concoction, as you call it, isn't yet finished. You would only poison yourself. I suggest you put it down carefully right now.

Meanwhile, a male catfolk enters the room. You of course recognise Strider, with some kind of string stuffed to his pocket.
After you introduce him to the suspicious mage, Royst delivers a lecture about the Spire

The Emerald Spire is indeed a very ancient Azlanti ruin. More than a thousand years old. As you said, the Spire has been most recently used by the Tribe of Zog, half a millenium ago, but more as a way to execute prisoners than like a base of operation. Numerous expeditions have tried to explore the Spire. None, to my knowledge, has been successful so far. Various creatures has been seen in its surroundings, from the simple goblin to big beasts and even extraplanar beings. The Spire is a mystery, and a dangerous mystery too. If you manage to go into the Spire, I would be highly interested to get a map of the place for my records. I would, of course, reward you for your efforts. No one knows how deep the Spire is, or what or who lurks inside it, so beware and be prepared. Don't take the Emerald Spire lightly, and it won't take your life, maybe.Get some food and water, some light, some ropes... I've been a young and bold adventurer myself, and I had the wisdom to stop so I could become an old and cautious mage.


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1
DM Lil" Eschie wrote:
I wouldn't drink that, if I was you. This concoction, as you call it, isn't yet finished. You would only poison yourself. I suggest you put it down carefully right now.

The fighter's eye widen a bit and he silently nods at the wizard's words of wisdom. Firmly, yet carefully, he stoppers the vial and places it where he found it.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Zinli chuckled some more.

"I'll take that as a compliment... Though I don't know what's so weird with my palate!"

She arranged her flower with one hand.

"So, you enjoy Nature too?"


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin nodded.

I see. So anyone who has explored it has failed to return? Have even the Hellknights failed in conquering the ruins? Also did you wish us to bring anything back besides maps of the ruins for you concerning our explorations and adventures in the Spire? You have aided us so I think it only polite that we return the favor.

He made sure to make a mental note to get the supplies Royst mentioned as well.


HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

"A map should be doable," Joza nods in acknowledgement of Royst's request, waving at Strider as he makes his way inside the cottage. "I could try to do it, unless Davlamin or one of the others is better-suited for the task."

"Do you drink or consider drinking every liquid that you pick up?" she asks as she turns to Ekran. Though her tone may sound serious, the amused sparkle in her eyes tells a different story.


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv nodded. "I never meant it was weird, just that the flower would help bring out the inner beauty of your looks. Perhaps I have spent to long talking to only hellknights and other slaves" he said as he seemed to have trouble with his meaning getting across some times.

Rahiv smiled when she asked if he enjoyed nature "I was to be the shaman of my tribe originally. I can only assume they have raised another in my absence. To say I enjoy it would be an understatement. I venerate and understand it and thus love it." he said as he gently caressed one of the flowers still remaining.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Completely baffled as the door of the old wizards house opens on its own, even after finding no traps, magical or non-magical. Strider kinda strolls in all curious like trying not to impose on the powerful wizards home but assumed an open door is a welcomed entry. Of course at this point Strider was not hiding from anyone as it would be little use in the house of a god.... A strange look upon his face upon entry, some and amazement and other and scarcity.

Hmmm, welcoming arms, I really hope I am not walking into a death trap of a power ancient wizard....

Coming around the corner Strider spots the group and a sign of relief overcomes his face, glancing over and spotting the all powerful wizard. Waiting till the wizard finishes his speech and strider speaks up, actually hesitant in his voice.

ummm Sir the door open on on on its own.... I hope I am welcomed....

Worried that Strider was a un-welcomed guest still alarmed him; however, the group here gave good sign that he to was welcomed. Strider after asking his welcoming question with sheer shyness he speaks up a little more confident but not enough to seem commanding.

Umm. Sir! When you speak of reward exactly how much are we talking about? I I... I like to know before I risk my fellow friends life.... and mine of course.

Strider coughs before interjecting himself to the end of that sentence. After all as a rogue its your life over others, but thats a truth left only to the rogue code. Strider speaks with a small smile gleaming off his face as though there is a greater reward then copper from commoners.

Of course Strider is so caught up in all the new things going on that he still has yet to notice his own tether line from his pocket leading out and dragging behind his body across the floor as Strider moves slowly about the room why asking the questions to the god in the room.

About this time Strider finally looks over a Joza directly, hoping that she didn't notice that he was kinda glancing her way the entire time he was in the room. After all Strider is completely fascinated by another one of his kind, and a female at that. Again trying to hide the excitement of her presence, and still not sure how Davlamin going to truly react to him. Knowing that Davlamin already has the higher chance of getting her.

Oh... Hi Joza!!! Didn't see you there

Bluffing to hide excitement of Joza presence: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

While the average person wouldn't see through Striders bluff he wasn't sure how well he was hiding it from Joza the group and the magical being in the room. A small meow chuckle comes over strider when he spots that Ekran was setting down a strange red flask as though his life depended on it. Still unsure how to take the loud warrior, although would happy to be behind the towering wall when in a fight.

Strider makes sure that he ends up on the other side of the room about equal distance from Joza and Davlamin, and furthest distance from the Gnome. Worried that should Strider find something worth the risk that the gnome would rat him out before Strider could even think of the slip of an object.

A calm moment runs through his head as his stomach growls, already hungry again. Strider grasp at his stomach clinching his fist.

awww....

I think that fish didn't agree with my stomach

The sound muffled under his breathe as Strider tries not to make a scene, and begins to think about something else to try and pass urge to eat something right this moment, after all he needed coin and was already broke, well anything under a million gold was broke to him.... Dreams of a thief....


Hellknights might have send an expedition, but if someone came back they carefully kept it as a secret. I got some spare paper sheets, ink and quills, if you want to draw a map for me.

Hearing Strider's question about the reward
I can offer you maybe an hundred gold per complete map. Would you agree to such a sum? Of course, as you go deeper into the Spire, the maps will acquire more value, by their sheer rarity. I suppose the risks will get bigger too, or people would have came back from the place more easily. Let's start with a hundred and half gold piece for the first underground level of the Spire, and a bonus for each subsequent level. I don't know how deep the Spire get into the ground, I'll admit, so I can only I hope you won't ruin me...

The last sentence is said with a gruff smile, but there's more humor twinkling in the old man's eyes.

And if, per chance, you manage to find any kind of Azlant relic, or interesting and unusual magical items, I'll be interested too, of course. I hope you'll find the missing Goldenfire members. I'm not a member of their group, but as a colleague in the arcane arts I can only be concerned.

If you need sheet of paper and other writing paraphernalia, Royst is ready to give you some, free of charge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

I share your worries Hodoer. The extra papers will indeed be of great help to us. Joza and I will take care of the maps for you. And if we do come upon any relics, be they Azlanti or otherwise we shall bring it to you. Thank you Hodoer for your aid and knowledge.

He bowed to the sage, although he did have to admit that Strider, while a master at stealth, did need to stick with the group!

I wonder if he's the one the Hellknights are looking...nah! If he was, he would have been caught right? Of course, besides Strider is too good looking for prison.


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1
Joza Fersig wrote:
"Do you drink or consider drinking every liquid that you pick up?" she asks as she turns to Ekran. Though her tone may sound serious, the amused sparkle in her eyes tells a different story.

A look of both shock and slight amusement overcomes Ekran's face at the lady's comment.

M'lady! You wound me grievously! I AM able to control myself when the time calls for it. I'll have you know I'm also quite housebroken!

He says the last part with a smile.

At that, he notices Strider enter the wizard's home and waves him in just as he seeks permission to enter from Master Royst.


Zinli has kindly remembered me this:

Quote:

Zinli was enthusiastic as only a gnome can be.

"When do we begin? Where do we have to search? Oh, and do we have an advance to buy equipment?"

Consider you each have 20 Gp to spend, as an advance on your reward to find the missing mages in the Spire


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Yay! ^o^

Frowning, Zinli shook her head:

"Big Folks... Can't understand them. My friend Lem was right about them: they can truly lack of any common sense!"

She patted Rahiv's shoulder:

"Luckily there's also sweeties like you! So you lived in a tribe, right? That must have been sooooo interesting! Tell me more!"


HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

Even with a 20, Joza can't beat that Bluff check hehe.

Joza blinks at Strider in confusion. "Didn't see me?" She looks down at her arms. "My coloring is good camouflage out on the open plains, but I didn't think it worked too well within someone's home," she chuckles, oblivious to Strider's heightened mood. "Wait...is that string coming out of your pocket?"

Turning her attention back to Ekran for a moment, she laughs loudly at his words. "Good thing! We'll be busy enough in the Spire without having to clean up errant puddles!"

As the visit winds down, Joza also bows to the sage as Davlamin does. "Yes, thank you! And thank you for your offer of a reward for the maps; hopefully they'll be to your liking!"


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv chuckled a bit at the over all excitement the gnome showed. "It is not that interesting honestly, there was a small hierarchy with the shaman at the head. The healer held a position similar to the shaman but sometimes they were one in the same, then the warrior caste, and the gatherers. It was the shaman's duty to read the weather, predict where the next swamp would appear as the one we were in began to sour and move our tribe to and fro. The shaman would take on up to three apprentices from the children and begin training them towards becoming the next shaman. Once old age or death set in they would take over for the next generation." he said giving a bit of a long winded explanation about what he knew based on his own role.

Rahiv gave Zinli's hair a bit of a tossel "Ah yes, us big folk do forget to look down sometimes, but that makes it all the easier for you to sneak in a surprise for them"


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Actually suprised that Joza didn't see the excitement in his voice. A little worried that she might catch on, but again thinking to himself.

Really... I didn't see you their. I could of done better then that.....

Strider shaking his head a little to sad thought. Only to hear the voice of the god speak yet again, (old wizard).

150 g for each map....Seriously Sir!!! And 20g to start.... Sir I am a professional map maker, or well I should say I am now...... I gladly accept your request, and I will see to it that it is completed clearly. I have....well never mind, we will get it done.

I have plenty of meat shields to help complete the task.

Strider thought briefly as he stopped and corrected his thoughts before continueing. Originally starting off with a studdering pause between each phrase of coin; nearly blubbering away.

Strider gathered up the free paper and quills and stuffed them neatly in his backpack, not forgetting the ink either. Strider was on the verge of either becoming rich or dead, depending on the spire rage. Turning his attention back to Joza.

Yes!! Nearly missed you of course with all the excitement and potion drinking warrior over there.. Sorry....Joza

Brushing it off like Strider totally didn't pay her attention. Actually hoping that the lack of attention in her respect would perhaps make her pay more attention to him. Althrough she mentioned the string and Strider realized that its been out this whole time and he didn't even know because he was such in a rush. Well Strider decided that it was better for Joza to have and actually interested to see how Joza would act with it.

Oh Yes!! I found this along the way, Here!!!

Strider pulled the clump from his pocket in a twine, string still dangling across the floor. Strider stepped to the side to make sure that he wouldn't hit the Wizard and tossed it to her in a playful matter. Pondering as he tossed it:

I wonder if she will play with it like me... Is she like me...

Strider then looked back to the rest of the group after Joza received the unraveled ball of twine/string. Waiting for the rest to move out, he was happy to receive 20g and quickly stuffed it assortedly throughout his body. Gold in side pocket on boot, cape, leather, pouch, belt etc.

Well Not sure about the rest of you but I am ready to start making money.......I mean record the spire floors..

Strider tried to correct but he already slipped out, but after all thats what they were all here to do, so it couldn't be that bad.

Not sure what skill you want me to use for map making?


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Puzzled at Strider's antics, he merely shrugged.

Please excuse my friend Hodoer. He can be quite...excitable at the littlest things.

Turning to the black furred catfolk, the half-elf sighed and said, There's more to it Strider. We have to be quite detailed on the maps.


Either Survival, Profession-Map Maker/ Calligrapher/Architect (as you must map the inside of a building) would be applicable.If none, a Wisdom check.

Good luck for your explorations, and try to keep safe.

You can go to the Spire,either directly or after buying a few last things with your 20 Gp. Just put an ooc post with your latest acquisitions


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Going to have to put more ranks in survival but got +3. Also, getting scroll case for map, 1g and pocketing the other 19g.

151 to 200 of 1,808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lil" Eschie Emerald Spire-Team Good All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.