Lil"Eschie The Emerald Spire-Team I'm good and I know it! (Inactive)

Game Master Escharid Blackrose

Fort Inevitable Map
Emerald Spire-Map
Forest Ambush
Loot-Good team

Davlamin HP 10/10 AC 12/12/10
Warren HP 10/20 AC 20/11/19
Joza HP 10/18 AC 15/12/13
Rahiv HP 18/18 AC 16/13/13
Zinli HP 17/17 AC 16/14/13
Voyla HP 20/20 AC 17/14/13


51 to 100 of 1,808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1

The sound of a flying, then breaking tankard is all the warning that poor Rahiv gets before a very large something slams into him sending him, a slightly inebriated warrior and his new plate of fish toppling to the inn floor.

Rubbing his jaw, the warrior stands between himself and the stranger he knocked over...
"Now, now Skorrnir, no need to get violent! How was I supposed to know that BOTH twins were your wives?!? There are plenty of wenches for all brave men! "

Without taking his eyes off of the angry Skorrnir, the man grabs ahold of Rahiv and hauls him effortlessly to his feet. I hope I didn't hurt you, friend. Some men don't know how to share....


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv went down with an umph. He didn't even feel the pain as this was what it had been like most of the last few years, though the sight of the fish sprawling get across the floor almost brought a tear to his eyes.

He was surprised when he was manhandled back up and an apology was given. "Er...um, yes I suppose some don't." he said not sure what else to say. He looked from the fish on the floor to the one on the counter that the cat was eating and sighed.

He tried to sneak a bite from the cat, but it swiped at him and he barred his teeth at her. "Remember how often I fed you what little I had, now share a bit with me. " he said but the cat gave him a look and then looked down at the fish on the floor saying rather obviously that fish was his and he has eaten worse.

He sighed as the cat was right and he picked it up off the floor hoping no muck had gotten on it and gave it a few taps to try and clean it before putting it back on the plate and preparing to eat it.


A woman-the same woman that was smiling at Davlamin before- who was seating nearby rises and walks to your table, after Rahiv is helped up by the talkative fighter.

I'm sorry to interupt you, but your conversation has picked my interest. I've heard that you were willing to explore the Emerald Spire. My name is Iliara Starcloak, and I am a member of the Goldenfire Order. Two of my colleagues went into the Spire to verify rumors about extraplanars portals.They didn't came back. Unfortunatly, I have to leave the Fort very soon, and it seems to me you are kind souls and brave people, hopefully. What I am about to ask you can be dangerous...So please think about it before giving me your answer.

She smiles brightly and briefly at Davlamin

If you go into the Spire, would you please check for Jharun and Tiawask? If you manage to bring them back alive... or at least to bring them back, my Order will gladly offer you some money, of course. And if you see anything related to planar portals, we'll pay too for these interesting arcane information.

If you have Know-Arcana, you can roll the dice, and I'll give you informations. DC 15


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

knowledge arcnaa: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 = 30

Upon seeing Rahiv get attacked, Davlamin's ire rose and he was about to cast a ray of frost at the attacker. But the strange warrior defused the situation before he could even utter a single word of the spell. He was a little surprised when the angry man who had tossed the warrior into the undine had said flirted with the wrong wives. He hoped that Joza wasn't the wife or mate of an angry and jealous catfolk chieftain! He was about to ask strider to join them when he saw that the male catfolk had vanished! Wasnt he just here a second ago!? My he is indeed stealthy!

Smiling at the stranger, the half elf said Indeed Lady Starcloak, we would be most willing to aid you by searching for your missing mages. Rest assured we will find Jharun and Tiawask as well as learn as much as we can about the extraplanar portals you speak of.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

@GM Oops! I keep thinking Azlanti Historian gives me a +1 to arcana checks. I was half awake when I did the dice roll. Should be 29 but still quite impressive eh?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Davlamin: is impressed indeed.

To Davlamin:
You know quite a few facts about the Goldenfire Order. It is a loose, but well structured, group of mages (mostly) and people who have an interest in the arcanes, and in esoteric facts and knowledges. They are, mostly, of good morality, or stand on neutral grounds.The mage you will search for were probably looking for some ancient magical device in the Spire's dephts. One of the most important fact you know (how did it escaped your mind so far?) is that Lady Starcloak, herself a mage of good repute and quite powerful, is the leader of the Goldenfire Order in the neighbouring city of Thornkeep


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

@GM Thank you!

Knowing that the Goldenfire Order was a guild of powerful mages and scholars who were both noble and good hearted, Davlamin smiled and then asked, while also wondering how it could have slipped his mind that Lady Starcloak a powerful and golden hearted mage was also the leader of the Order in neighboring Thornkeep, I'll admit Lady Starcloak that I've been most interested in your Order for quite awhile. If I may be so bold to inquire seeking membership into the Goldenfire Order as I've actually longed to join the ranks of such kindhearted and noble and wise mages and scholars. I first learned of your order from a djinn named Banu who has had dealings with several of your Order's members. She spoke very highly of your Order.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

When asked for joining the group on its way to the Emerald Spire, Zinli hesitated.

"I ain't gonna say that I'm not interested... But these days, I really need a payment."

However, she seemed to change her mind when Iliara Starcloak came to speak to them.

"PERFECT! Now, we're talkin' business!"

Zinli was enthusiastic as only a gnome can be.

"When do we begin? Where do we have to search? Oh, and do we have an advance to buy equipment?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

"Gyeeee!"

Joza yelps in surprise as she feels Strider's tail briefly wrap around her inner thigh. Spinning back around, she opens her mouth to say...something, but stops and stares as her eyes only catch empty air.

How is he managing that??? He would have made a fine scout among the Fersigs... she grudgingly admits to herself with a loud sigh as her attention is drawn back to the loud commotion behind her. Turning around in time to catch the drunken warrior from earlier hauling Rahiv back to his feet, she gives him an appraising look.

Maybe...?

Her thoughts are again interrupted by the approach of the woman who identifies herself as Iliara Starcloak. Joza listens intently as the woman makes her offer to the group and then turns to the others. "Now we should have plenty of reason to go to the Spire, whether the aim is to stop the dangers within from spilling outward, to help Lady Starcloak discover the fate of her friends, or simply for coin," she smiles. As Zinli fires off a rapid series of questions to Lady Starcloak, Joza's eyes turn once again towards the drunken warrior.

Reliance on drink could be trouble, but he does look strong...

"Excuse me, brave warrior...you are a warrior, yes?" she calls, waving him over to join the rest of the group. "The four of us here were talking over a possible journey to the Emerald Spire...would you be curious?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

To Rahiv, it seemed that everyone was getting rather serious about this idea. He had only offered the help as a sort of off handed thought, but here there was a bounty thrown in the mix and on top of that most likely treasure in there if two people had gone missing as well. His brow furrowed and he became lost in thought over it all.

It was during this time the cat finished her meal and chose then to move on to his.

He looked up at the others. "You guys are serious about this then? I may be a decent healer but know that I don't possess the ability to bring anyone back from the dead, I am no cleric of high power so there is real risk here." he said making sure they all knew what they were getting into and his limitations.

He paused to them think it over. "If...you are serious, I think at least I've earned a single favor besides my citizenship and I don't mind gambling it as if it goes south, well at least I have my freedom and can move on from here." he said watching them carefully.

Sense Motive to see how serious they all were: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Meanwhile, the cat was busy eating his fish and should anyone lock eyes with her, she gave them a look of thanks for distracting her master.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin spun around to check to see if Joza was alright as she shrieked. Are you alright? He then realized that it could have simply be the work of Strider. Wow he is indeed good. I didn't even see him touch her. I wish I could have asked him to join us for we could such a scout.

The half elf listened to both the gnome and the undine talk. He nodded. While he could understand the gnome's enthusiasm, he also understood the undine's worry. Hoping to reassure Rahiv he said Don't worry my friend as whatever healing powers you possess will surely be helpful when we decide to explore the emerald spire. And we will have to be very careful. Rushing into things head on would be unwise.

He decided to let Joza ask the warrior who was drunk earlier to see if he wanted to join their quest. He also could not shake the dread that they needed to see if they needed some sort of license or registration form. The last thing he wanted was to visit the inside of a Hellknight dungeon. Lady Starcloak I was wondering if you knew if we need some sort of license to explore the Emerald spire. We are hoping to avoid any form of Hellknight entanglement or trouble.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Lady Starcloak answers

As far as I know, the Spire isn't under the juridiction of the Hellknights. But I'm not sure, so you should check with them. There will probably be heavy taxes to pay on whatever you find in the Spire, and they have licenses and permits for everything. Have you read the "Crime and Punishments" list at the entrance of the Fort? I think every crime a mind can imagine, or at least any crime my mind can imagine, is listed. And they have a dark humor too... Did you know that just "being a wandering paladin" can cost you twenty whip lashes "for the common good"? I've always wondered why this law was written, but never dared to ask.

She shivers


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Laying down in a comic style pose among the Top of the roof he counted his bag of rocks that was lifted, surely he had been tricked by a commoner and it has Costed him 10 copper.

I can't believe I lifted a bag of rocks, who would carry such a thing. Commoners never know what they carry, may have to up my skill. Well my pouch is getting thin I wonder where this group that forming is heading to

Listen through a vent on the roof top trying to focus on the conversation below. Should they travel to that spine he will surely follow.

Picking at the roof tiles out of boardom, already scarfed down the fish. Every once And a while he tosses a rock from that stupid bag down to the ground listening to it ping off something. He ties the bag to the vent and stuffs the fish bones into it. Perhaps it will attract birds.

Yawning as the night grow longer trying to sort the voices of tavern.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin was taken a back a bit. Yes it would seem that they have a...unusual sense of humor. And you are right we will certainly have to talk to them. We appreciate it very much for your help. And rest assured we shall find your missing mages. He smiled at her.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Starting to doze off and on dreaming of the treasure that awaits. Should his pocket be filled with loot of commoners or treasure of a king.

should I travel with the group below for I may discover a life of luxury. However, I think I may yet have to give up my quick hands should danger arise in traps would be much better suited.

He gasp a breath of undecided factors.

ahhhhh, choices...

He mumbles under his breath. Now that the fish was gone there little evidence to his stolen goods, besides he was the one fooled. Climbing back down after a short bit and stealthy re-enters the tavern next to the mass of group taking of leaving he assumed. Appearing next to joza, to his dishonesty she was the first of his kind he really seen and not just read about. Attempting to startle joza and davlamin.

Boo!, are you in need of wit and skill for your humble adventure?

His ambitions showing a bit to his arrival. Almost seems as though his mind was more active or at least alert. Dressed in black torn leather, that appears to be worn really well although his cloak seems to be in fine condition which covered his leather earlier. A short bow can been seen now that the cloak was pulled back some also revealing a dagger to his side. His golden eyes staring the group over, Piercing through his black furry face and sharp pointed ears. His right ear appears to of healed some over the years but possess a tare as if he had been cut across it. Standing tall at 6'2 and slinder 197 lbs.

stealth entry: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 1
Joza Fersig wrote:


"Excuse me, brave warrior...you are a warrior, yes?" she calls, waving him over to join the rest of the group. "The four of us here were talking over a possible journey to the Emerald Spire...would you be curious?"

CURIOUS?!?[b/] His voice louder than he meant...[b]Dear lady! Danger....excitement....daring....TREASURE!!!! I would be honored!! BWAHAHAHAH!!

With a hardy slap to her back, he introduces himself: Ekran, warrior extraordinaire, at your service. And with that he bows clumsily.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 @Strider Sneaky Kitty! :3

Davlamin almost fell out of his chair the moment Strider returned. What!? Where did you--nevermind that. We were planning on going to explore the Emerald Spire after we see if the Hellknights require to get special permission or licenses or some sort of writ granting us authority to loot and slay bandits, evil deranged warlocks, you get the idea. And I think having such an amazingly stealthy and cunning person like you would benefit us greatly. What say you?

As Ekran introduced himself, the sorcerer smiled and nodded. A bit loud and boisterous but having a strong warrior like him would be most helpful, Davlamin thought. It is an honor to meet you Ekran. I can tell you from just looking at you that you are indeed a mighty warrior. I am grateful that you desire to adventure with you! Hope that doesn't cause his ego to expand exponentially.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Wow! Still didn't see you..." Zinli scratched her head. "Maybe I need better glasses! So, there would be a problem with Hellknights, right?"

She shrugged.

"How strange -I hate them already. Do we really have to talk to them? Can't we just enter the Spire?"

She seemed reluctant at the idea of talking to them.


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv smiled and put a finger to Zinli's lips "I would be careful how loudly you voice such an opinion. They tend to hear everything and can cause too much trouble for a simple slip of the tongue. As I said, I do actually have one single hellknight who may very well hear my request. I thought perhaps I might try to ply him a bit for a special request." he said quietly.

He looked around. "Well, it does seem we have a rather boisterous group then. Let me just...nevermind it seems my meal was finished for me." he said sighing as he saw the black cat was all to happy and sprawled out on the counter with a rather full belly.

He looked at the group "Well, I suppose I have a Hellknight to find, if any would like to come along they may but watch your tongues or you won't be joining the rest at the Spire" he said carefully.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Zinli smiled, and shrugged.

"Holding my tongue is usually against my principles, honey... But who could resist to a sweetie like you?" she added mischeviously. "Alright, no pointing out for today -but I truly hope your buddy is as sweet as the sweetest thing ever, 'cause the only Hellknights I've met today were firmer."


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin nodded. I believe we should all go. And let's hope we don't get in trouble with the Hellknights. Which means Zinli please watch your tongue. I don't think any of us wants to see the inside of a Hellknight dungeon.

@Everyone so who should do the talking with the Hellknights? Might be a good idea to aid another when we do the talking with them.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Yessss I would love to tag along of course with equal share plus any thing that randomly falls unseen.

Gleaming a little bit with a smile. Brushing the filth from his coat, appears to be from dust and debre from roofs should you know what that maybe. Crossing his arms he looks at the group an takes in a deeb breathe of air.

Yeah, wasting time hear talking. We should be heading out not to push you to it but sitting here wasting time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

Joza winces as the man gives her a friendly, but mighty slap on the back. "Joza Fersig, of the Fersig tribe," she replies with a bit of a pained smile. "Glad to see that you're...interested, to say the least." She gestures to the others standing nearby. "Davlamin, Zinli, and Rahiv. It's good to meet you, Ekran."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Suddenly, her ears catch the softest sounds of movement from behind her and she turns her head just in time to see Strider move to stand next to her and Davlamin once more.

"Ah hah! I spotted you this time!" she exclaims, her smile wide. "Still, that was very, very well done...you move more quietly than I'm able to, that's for sure." As the black-furred catfolk also expresses interest in seeing what lies within the Emerald Spire, she claps her hands together, looking pleased. "That makes an even six! Wonderful!"

Turning to Rahiv, she nods in agreement with Dav and the others. "Okay then. Sounds like we need to go and visit this Hellknight, probably sooner than later as Strider has pointed out. Once we get all of that business sorted out (which is still strange to me, these Hellknights don't own the Spire do they?), then maybe we can go see if we need to buy any supplies before we set out."


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

I am a little concerned that my combat skills are well how should I say not the finest. Although I seen items in the cities about that can improve my skills, I do hope to acquire some eventually. While my stealth is fairly good I dabble in locks and traps just a bit.

A bit disappointed that his skill still lacked the finesse to sneak up upon people. He put his arm around joza and davlamin all relaxed like. And pointed to the exit door with his finger over davlamin shoulder. His tail lingering around joza tail should she have one. If she has no tail it lingers near her leg. Not many like her in these part and a cat always finds his partner. Ushering them to the door.

SO, we ready to go?


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin was a bit jealous of Strider's affections for Joza but as an ancient priest of Calistria once said, the more the merrier when it came to relations. Besides he had to admit that Strider wasn't half bad looking. @Joza and Strider Uh oh! Wonder what that means? ;) you know those Calistria followers!

Davlamin smiled at Strider as the catfolk put his arms around his and Joza's shoulders.Ah I see! Well then surely an ancient place like the Emerald Spire would have traps and as you said you are skilled with dealing with them. And maybe after a while Joza, you , and I can learn a little bit more about ourselves...in private of course. He grinned at both Strider and Joza. His mother always did say he was a cat person.


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv stared at the group and couldn't help but notice perhaps a bit too much cuddling for his tastes at present. This was perhaps not the styling in which he preferred people to make ready for business.

He pointed his finger up and twirled it slowly, a small storm cloud forming over the two hot blooded males before it began to rain on them within a second a very quick and heavy downpour. Create Water

Stealth Check to hide the casting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Suddenly both he and Strider were drenched in water. I guess the gods are telling us to behave ourselves, the half elf said laughing and smiling a bit as he wiped a bit of water off his face. He had to admit that whoever did it, be it mortal or god, they had a good sense of timing, humor, and a few other things that escaped him at the moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

Perception (Catch Rahiv Casting?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Nope!

Unsure of whether to be amused or uncomfortable with Strider's proximity as well as Davlamin's odd words...(In private? Why? Why just the three of us?)...Joza is startled when both of them are suddenly drenched in water. Looking up, her eyes widen with surprise as she sees a small storm cloud hovering over both Strider and Davlamin.

"Storm and salt!" she gasps. "Such things bode ill...the two of you have displeased the Wind and the Waves in some manner." She turns and gives both of them an appraising look. "Since it was only a small storm cloud, maybe a simple sacrificial offering will quell His anger..." her voice trails off as she appears to be thinking. "But since we are nowhere near the sea, it shall have to be frogs of some kind. I hope we can find some on our way to the Spire!" Her expression shows that she is quite serious about this.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

AHHH, The evil is already upon us.

He yells in the moment of being soaked.

Not sure if there was enough time to make the leap to avoid such simple water spring ed upon a cat. Still Leaping back to avoid such an incident only to be covered in the water already. Not happy being surprised. Looks around to see where it came from.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Not sure where it came from he shakes it off and dry up using a random towel cloth from the counter.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin followed Strider's example and using another towel to wipe himself off while leaving two silvers for the bartender. Upon hearing Joza's words he frowned a bit before smiling. Well I'm not sure how I could have offended this Wind and Waves of yours. Maybe it was our flirting with you that angered your god. Of course if it had been Calistria we had offended, we would either be attacked by a swarm of wasps or be unable to gain pleasure from having sex. Still I'm unfamiliar with your god so how will frogs appease him? And I might as well get this out of the way although this might offend your god even more, but it would please my goddess just as much. As he said that he gave Joza a kiss on the check. He wanted to give her a kiss on the lips but if his flirtations had indeed offended her deity he better not press his luck. But you must tell me more of this Wind and Waves. I've never heard of this god. I am quite fascinated by you and your culture my dear Joza. And if your deity is listening, no I'm not flirting with her...this time! I am truly interested in her culture!


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Awww! Almost!!!

Zinli blinked. For a moment, she had believed that she almost saw something...

But surely, she was wrong.

Strange. Ain't no hole in the roof, though.

"Relax... It's only water."

She focused to reelase a part of her magical talents.

Cast prestidigitation to dry them and their clothes.


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

My apologies, at a 24 you get it. I am not in swamp and forgot that the 9 was in swamp otherwise it's an 8


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Shortly after drying the water from his fur now fluffed from being wet, his face all puffed out like a fluffy kitty, his eyes nearly hidden by the expressed fur. He shakes as though he was trying to rinse and flatten his fur. Shortly it flattens as he brushes it back down with his hands; a anger face revealed from the under the dried flatten fur. A sure sign that he does not like water, as most cats don't. Looking over to the crowd of people that has gathered unsure of where this water came from.

Should clouds of death fall upon my head again, I shall have the gods head that dealt the rain of death.

Nearly storming off to the door, looking back to the congregated group. specially the new arrivals Rahiv, and Zinli, not really happy the gnome is joining us, specially since she was almost the root of his capture on stolen goods. Still angered that it was a bag of rocks.

Coughing to clear his throat and get some attention.

Excuse me for interrupting but shall we get a move on, its best to move through the cover of night.

Arms now crossed again waiting impatiently at the door kinda rocking his left foot awaiting the rest of the group to move forward. But paying special attention to any random conversations not taking place within his own new found group.

Perception to listen for conversations: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Local Knowledge at Tavern: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

@Everyone Why do I get this bad feeling that bag of rocks was important to the gnome?

Laughing a bit, the half elf replied Alright, Strider, just be patient. We're coming.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

Kn. Religion; Untrained (Calistria?): 1d20 ⇒ 6 Nope, no clue about Calistria.

"Hmm...you might know Her by Her other name...Gozreh? She holds dominion over the waters and the skies; all other things matter not to Her as long as life carries on and the world is ever dynamic." She looks puzzled. "I don't think He would care about...flirting, one way or the other. I'm not sure why He would be angry unless you have defiled the waters or cruelly slaughtered His creatures without cause. And He favors frogs, seabirds, and other such things both as creatures in their own right and as sacrificial offerings."

As the conversation turns to talk of Calistria, Joza shakes her head, looking even more confused. "As you aren't familiar with Gozreh, I'm afraid I am not familiar with your Calistria. But...she sounds a vengeful goddess if she would send wasps or deny the pleasure of...intimacy, should you displease her," she finishes, her look of discomfort growing as Davlamin offers her a kiss on the cheek. "Are those that follow your Calistria always so...forward, even with near strangers?"

However, it began to seem as if her questions might have to wait for another time as the rather damp Strider grumpily reminds them that they should get moving.

Cityfolk...not used to enduring the elements. This will be an adventure indeed...

When Zinli offers arcane words to begin drying Strider and Davlamin's clothing, she perks up again, her curiosity piqued. "That's amazing! How are you able to do that?" she asks as they set out.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8@Everyone And nope I don't know anything about Gozreh in character that is. ;P

Davlamin smiled and chuckled a bit. Like you lacking knowledge of Calistria, I know very little about Gozreh. But you actually guessed my goddess's domains: Calistria is the goddess of pleasure, lust, and vengeance. And she is indeed a vengeful deity as well. When asked about his forwardness he smiled. Actually yes. Yes we are quite forward in our...romantic pursuits. But going back to offending your deity, no I haven't defiled any waters. Or cruelly harmed any creatures. But maybe he was trying to tell me to give you a chance to flirt with me! And Zinli thank you for drying me and my clothes. Luckily my journal and my backpack and its contents didn't get wet.


You get out of the warm and cosy Julivers Arms.
Unfortunatly, theres a persistent drizzle outside, so everyone is wet again very soon. Rahiv doesn't seem much affected by the small and cold rain.
Perhaps Gozreth is really displeased, but you don't know much about this fickle god.

You've seen Hellknights on duty at the entrance, and Rahiv know where to find more of them.
There are shops in town, if you need some more equipment, two temples if you seek spiritual counsel, a resident mage if you need arcane knowledge...
Fort Inevitable is a busy place, on a well traveled road.

Or you can go to the Emerald Spire directly.

To Rahiv and Strider:
You know a few things about the town, of course, as you live here or around.Besides the Temple of the Golden Key (33), where Abadar is worshipped, there's a temple of Pharasma called the Temple of Silence (19). You can find any kind of mundane items at Braddon's General Store (26). No one can miss the Commander's Citadel (32), a huge octogonal building which is the center of the Hellknight command. The local mage is an old man called Abernard Royst, living in a white house (41).Finally, Rillin's Armory (25) is a well known trade, specialising in plate armor and good quality armor, and good weapons can be found at Tsador Arms (37), even if the half orc owner is mean. Numbers in brackets refer to the map


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Immediately getting outside in the rain strider pulls his hood to protect from getting soaked yet again. While this time he has ample time to defend against such wet course of actions. He does look back to the group and ask..

Does anyone need to pick up some supplies? Braddon's general store is a great place to pick up some odds and ends. I of course am ready when you are.

He jesters towards the group, and points down the road in the direction of the general store. Pondering in his mind a few thoughts of question.

I wonder if this was a wise decision for I have not ventured beyond to many city walls. But the reward could be much greater then the commoners purse.

He smirks a little almost to appear as though something interesting ran across his mind but to no leads of what.

He takes a moment to scan over the mighty hellknights to make sure that they won't be a problem for him or the group, primarily him.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


No one seems to pay attention to the ragtag group, fortunatly.
Everyone walks at an hurried pace, to get shelter. This small rain can have some beneficial side effect, it seems.

Only the regular patrols of Hellknights walk slowly, with any dignity, in the streets.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Although out in the public I try to make my self absent in the view of the hellknight guards, keeping within group range but often using my own group to evade view from the guards. Sadly the gnome is of little benefit to aid in this evasion of view.

stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Although in the midst of traveling through the town, I ask the group some general questions learning more about each one.

So, What are you looking forward to gain from your adventures?

The question is repeated to each of the party members, and it seems that that he is kinda recording it to memory, his intelligence seeming a bit more then the average commoner. Perhaps his skill would have been better served as a wizard, but most of it is street smarts.

Each time he ask the question he reaches up and scratches his chin a little almost as if stoking it, like an old wizard.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

@ group: this is his character appearance Link


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

At Strider's question, Davlamin replied, I plan on learning more about it. I've heard it has a connection to the ancient Azlanti civilization. I'm quite fascinated with the history of the once mighty empire. I know that the sage Royst lives here, so after we finish up our business with the Hellknights we should go see him. The more information we know about the Emerald Spire. Of course I never did get the chance to ask directions to where he lives. As for supplies, I'm afraid I'm short on coin.. To show how short he was, the sorcerer held up his coin purse of one gold coin and two silvers. He gave an apologetic smile.

@Strider Wow! Awesome pic


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv seemed unlike the rest of them to loosen his clothing about him instead of bundling up against the rain. He even stopped as he stepped out and noticed it to enjoy it for a brief moment. It was the little things like this that he did not get when stuck in a cage.

His skin shifted slowly back to a more brilliant green and blue color and his fins flitted out of his hair as they walked. He wasn't sure why he was honestly going out and about when asked about the reason for adventure.

He simply offered a shrug to Strider when asked but did not say a word or mention his finances after Davlamin offered up his. He didn't keep his in a pouch like most, instead lining the insides of his boots and leathers with the coin and a bit of thread. He had spent most of his life having to fight to keep his resources and he couldn't give up that side of himself so soon or easily.


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

I can surely understand, I recently lost a fair amount of coin, and the bad thing was the lady ran off with my Neck-less to. I really need to try and get it back it wasn't worth to much, maybe 50g at the most.

Bluffing the truth a little: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 add 5 to the DC if you want to believe him per bluff skill desc

Giving a Convincing description that nearly seems to pass for truth. A little curious to the blue skin man who shrugs him off. Feeling that it was a little rude.

I wonder if he taste just like that fish I had last night, after all he got fins like any fish I have seen. I shouldn't be thinking that after all he is my fishy friend

Can't seem to get out the idea of fish for dinner. One of his favorite meals was steamed bluefin tuna smothered in oysters, cooked with hot pan over a cooking fire. An expensive meal, and yet he only tasted it from the discarded stack of eaten food at taverns while searching for food. Oh how Rahiv reminded him of that glorious taste.


Female Gnome Gunslinger (2) (Favored Class; +1 Skill) Level 2 HP 17/17, AC 17/ T 15/ FF 13/ Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2/ Perception +9, Init +3, Low-Light Vision
Davlamin Glimmergaunt wrote:
@Everyone Why do I get this bad feeling that bag of rocks was important to the gnome?

Am I blind or dumb? I didn't even realised that Strider was trying to steal something from Zinli! xD

Did you try to take her bullets from her? It that's the case, yeah, you're lucky that she didn't see you!

Zinli answered to Strider:

"Adventure!!! I don't know. Stuff. New experiences. You know? Like exploring a freakin' dangerous dungeon!!!"

She seemed a little too enthusiastic. She laughed when Davlamin showed them the few coins he had left.

"I understand, buddy! Ain't much richer than you..."


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

I don't know I just said from some random person while stealing a fish so maybe, DM decision


Shaman (Witch Doctor) 2 AC 16/13T/13Fl +6 Perception, +3 Initiative HP 18/18

Rahiv looked over his equipment and found that while they had given back his gear, it seemed they did not in fact give him back his bolts. He sighed, it seemed that there was a need to use coin after all. He looked at the others "I believe I am unfortunately in need of seeing the fletcher, while they were kind enough to take care of my equipment while being a guest under their care, they must have thought it would be a bad idea to re arm me as well." he said grumpily. "But perhaps best we do that after the visit with the hellknights, some might see me carrying a full quiver as a bad thing"


Male Catfolk Rogue level 1/ ac: 16/14/12 / hp: 9/9 / init: +6 / fort: +1, ref: +6, will: +0

Ah here is a few coin to help you purchase your bolts, its best to arm yourself rather then be empty handed.

Handing him one gold, with a jestering smile as if he was on to something. Although in his mind he was considering this more of a down payment on his future dinner.

Hmmm, smoked bluefin tuna

He patted him on his back gently, although his claws may have dug in a little harder then originally anticipated. Removing his hand quickly, remembering that live food is much more better cooked. He wasn't totally a savage.


Male Half-elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, hp 10/10, Senses low-light vision; Perc +7, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Sorcerer 2
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (History) +5, Perception +7, Spellcraft +8, Spellcraft (identify magic items) +10

Davlamin smiled at Zinli's statement. I agree! This is indeed exciting. But we should still be careful though. There's no telling who or what resides now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +3, R +6, W +2 l A Sure Thing (1/day), L1: 3/3 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Diplomacy +9, Kn. Arcana/Local/Nobility +7, Kn. Dungeoneering +6, Prof. Farmer +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Swim +6
Female NG Human Farmer 2 | Active Conditions:

"That's...an interesting choice to make," Joza replies to Dav as they walk, trying to weigh her words carefully so as not to offend. "I can see why many would call upon the favors of Calistria...but I hope she doesn't encourage indulgence to the point of excess and ruin..." she murmurs, deciding to let the comment about flirting fall by the wayside for the moment. She glances curiously at the warrior Ekran.

I wonder if he follows Calistria as well?

"As far as supplies go, I think I'm as prepared as I can afford to be, though I'm certainly happy to do some shopping if anyone else needs to. If nothing else, we should certainly make sure that Rahiv is properly armed, along with everyone else if you aren't already," she comments, changing the subject. "It sounds like we've got quite a few errands to run, between paying this person that Rahiv knows a visit, shopping, and visiting Sage Royst," she chuckles. "Good thing I don't mind walking!"

When Strider asks her about her own goals regarding the Spire, she seems only too happy to answer. "Well, I hadn't planned to stop here at all, at least not for long. My original destination was the Worldwound...I had plans to join the Crusade. But...well, the stories I heard of the Emerald Spire piqued my curiosity and so I went to scout around a bit. That's when I determined that it's likely full of dark creatures and decided that perhaps I could be more useful helping to cleanse the Spire than fighting demons."

As they continue to walk, Joza laughs out loud at Zinli's answer to Strider. "A truly honest answer, I see," she smiles. "It takes all kinds to make a world and it would be a lot duller without those who are born as free spirits."

51 to 100 of 1,808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lil" Eschie Emerald Spire-Team Good All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.