JCServant's Council of Thieves (Inactive)

Game Master JCServant


5,551 to 5,600 of 6,676 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

knowledge history: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Brandon looks over the shorter poem Beppo indicates. He feels like he knows something about its content, something nagging at his unconscious. But no matter how hard he tries he cannot summon the knowledge to the surface, perhaps he has had too much on his mind lately to concentrate on anything other than his work.

I'm sorry. It's familiar in an annoying kind of way but... I just can't think.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Shouldn't we be taking my prior geography check for the cove? I don't believe I can make the same knowledge check twice. Knowledge Geography; 26.

History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"Why Beppo, you've got it! Those are similiar to ..."


Ailyn Ghontasavos, Human, Undercover Pathfinder Agent

The Party has figured out the secret of the poem without any outside aid. Everyone earns 2 power points. If you have not done so, everyone may look at the spoilers a few posts back.

Great job, guys. Amazing work! We now more about Delvehaven and where the Pathfinders hid their most important magic supplies. I highly recommend you look at the Cove, first. Then you should be better prepared for whatever dangers are there. Keep in mind, that on top of whatever traps the Pathfinders may have had in place to protect their abode, the Chelish government added additional measures, mostly to keep us, the Pathfinders, or anyone else, from entering or exploring the premises.


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Additional measures like....?


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

"Do you any idea what we might face from these extra traps? And the cove was my choice of places to go first let's try and head there tomorrow at least we've got all this intel lets out it to good use." Armon then looks around at the others.


Ailyn Ghontasavos, Human, Undercover Pathfinder Agent

I wish I knew. What I do know is that three decades or so after Ghaelfin and the remaining Pathfinder sealed the lodge, the House of Thrune finally turned its attention to Delvehaven. Ignoring the call from the Society to let agents from Absalom leaad the charge, they used loyalist Pathfinders whose allegiances were with Cheliax rather than the Society. It was an arrogant folly that resulted in the death of those Pathfinders. Records indicate that the House of Thrune sealed Delvehaven again. The records do not indicate how it was sealed again, but you can most certainly expect traps and wards of the magical variety.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"Tomorrow sounds good to me Aemon."

Kyle will switch out 'Hold Person' for 'Find Traps'


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

...traps and wards of the magical variety. Damn.

Beppo sounds his concurrence. To the Cove tomorrow, then. Anyone have anything they need to purchase before we go?


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

"When we head for Delvehaven, i think this time it might be best if we do take our time, scout it out." Aemon almost nodding at his own idea. "But the Cove tomorrow hopefully we fine equipment we didn't know we'ed need."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"Aemon has a good point, Beppo. Let's see what we find first in the hidden cache. I just hope someone hadn't found it first."

Grand Lodge

You head out at dusk, since the poem implies that what you seek can only be found at night. The poem cipher instructs the reader to begin on a black-sand beach on the northeast shore of Wart Rock, the smallest of the three islands that shelter Cutlass Cove from the open water. The beach itself is relatively simple to find, but the actual site of the Wave Door is about 300 feet northeast of this beach. Reaching the exact location is something of a trick due to the lack of landmarks (the distinctive coastal trees the Pathfinders used to help locate the site having long since been obscured by other growth)—the poem cipher indicates that the Wave Door is located 300 feet northeast, but the site requires a bit of searching and systematic activation of a wayfinder’s light. Each attempt to locate the Wave Door requires 15 minutes of work and then a successful DC 20 Survival check.

Choose someone to roll survival checks. They must roll until they make 3 checks of 20+. Others may roll once to aid another for all his attempts for the night.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon reads over the poem trying to take in each of the reference points then set's off. "I'm sure i can find this, just follow me i'd be happy with any insight you can give me."

Survival one: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Survival two : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Survival three: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Survival four : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Survival five: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Survival six : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Survival seven: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Survival eight: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Survival nice: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Aemon keeps his head down, eye out on the horizon only listen to the group when they have something to add to the current hunt.

Not sure if people will aid me so i just rolled tell i passed three

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle tries to aid Aemon.

Hopefully we can finish sooner if enough people give aid.

Survival Aid 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Survival Aid 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Survival Aid 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Survival Aid 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Survival Aid 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Survival Aid 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Survival Aid 7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Add +2 to each of Aemon's rolls from Kyle. Anyone else?


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Survival aid 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Survival aid 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Survival aid 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Survival aid 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Survival aid 5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Survival aid 6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Survival aid 7: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Brandon thinks back to his childhood years, to the time where his 'imaginary friend' Edmond first manifested. Even then the figment used to talk to him, advise him, show him things. Like how to spot the different between a dog track and a wolf, how to set a snare or gauge direction but the stars.

He never knew how Edmond knew any of this. Nor did Brandon know it was all to prepare him for life after his father - when he would have to survive alone.

Grand Lodge

Indeed, it does help. You are able to locate the portal quicker.

As you close in on the door, undead shadows surge up from the waves, looking for a moment like oily black sheets of water rising up in angry defiance before their true shadowy natures become apparent. You've seen aberrations such as these before...in the Crux. You prepare yourself for battle as they surround you.

COMBAT ACTIONS!

Note, you are in waste high water. The water and waves make it difficult to move and attack. Consider this difficult terrain. Every even numbered round (next round), make a DC12 reflex save before posting any other action. Failure means water got into your eyes and you are blinded for that round. Clearing that water from your eyes is a move action.

There are three shadows in front of the party, and three behind, 30' away.


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Shades! cries Brandon. Remember these from the Crux? Kyle, you are best equipped to destroy them, we'll keep them away from you!

Brandon takes total defence beside Kyle.


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo draws his magic greatsword and prepares to defend himself.

Fighting defensively, hold action to attack the nearest shadows to him once they are within range.

held attack (defensively): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 4 = 25
damage (to be halved): 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14

AC24 (touch 15) until next round

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle channels to hurt the shades.

Channel: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

"Remember magic and magic weapons hurt them more! Aemon then takes total defence, remembering it's not good to be touched by these shadows.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"I can enhance your weapon temporarily if you lack a magical one."

Grand Lodge

Party's Turn

Beppo strikes one as they close in. Kyle channels as many prepare to defend themselves.

Shadow Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Shadow Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Shadow Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Shadow Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Shadow Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Shadow Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Enemy Turn

The first three attack Brandon, the next attack Beppo.

Shadow Strike (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 ⇒ 6
Shadow Strike (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 4
Shadow Strike (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 ⇒ 4

Shadow Strike (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 ⇒ 5
Shadow Strike (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 ⇒ 2 Crit Thrats
Shadow Strike Crit Conf (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 ⇒ 4 Confirms
Shadow Strike (Str Dmg) (20): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d6 ⇒ 2

Brandon remains untouched as Beppo takes 8 points of STR damage.

Status
15' Shadow1 (Hurt, ), Shadow2 (Hurt, ), Shadow3 (Good, ),
10' Brandon (48/48 ),
5' Kyle (32/32 ), Aemon (44/44 ),
PFL' Beppo (49/49 8 pts STR dmg.),
EFL Shadow4 (Good, ), Shadow5 (Hurt, ), Shadow6 (Good, ),

Next actions due by 2pm EST. Thanks!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

Kyle Channels to hurt the shadows again.

Channel: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) = 16


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Aoutch! Beppo gasps as he is struck by the shadows. He takes a different tack this time, daring to lash out at the shadows to strike them down first.

Str down to 14, so base to hit and damage with the zweihander fall to +10 and 2d6+5, respectively.

power attack shadow 5: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
PA damage: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 + 6 = 19

cleave to shadow 4: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28
PA damage: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 + 6 = 15
confirm crit on shadow 4 if not immune: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23
PA damage: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 + 6 = 16

cleave to shadow 6: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 = 22
PA damage: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 + 6 = 20

Straight blast, homie.


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon continues defending himself as best he can, buying time for the others to finish the shadows.

Total defence. Touch AC = 17 (I think)


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon holds out seeing the shadows attack he hunkers down hoping that kyles last blast of light finishes them off.

Total defence


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Mega busy yesterday and today GM-JC. Allow me for some more minutes to post Tessai actions?


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

If I am allowed to retcon 2 rounds as usual:

Round 1

Tessai growls to herself, as the creatures jump to attack them - "Not these damned shadows again...!"

Focusing on the divine, she summons forth a protective shield against Evil.

Casting Protection from Evil

Round 2

Tessai attacks the closest shadow, designating herself as a bane towards UNDEAD.

Swift Action: Bane against undead. Standard Action: Attack

Rapier Attack (fighting defensively): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 1 = 22Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + (5, 4) + 7 = 21

Current AC: 27 (Oh yes!!) / Touch 16

Yeah! Look at my Inquisitor go!! :D

Grand Lodge

Holy light from Kyle sears through the three weaker shadows, harming the three others. Beppo slashes two into the eather as Tessai dispatches the last one on the other side. As the waves crash over you, and you hold position for a few more moments, you see....nothing. There appear to be no more of the evil creatures.

Hovering above the waters behind you, under the glow of your light, appears a door.


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

"Damned things! About time you teach us that one trick Kyle" - Tessai jests.

"How is everyone? I believe that is where we need to go" - she points to the hovering doorway, as she approaches it.

GM-JC, is it possibe to see anything within?

Grand Lodge

The door is closed at the moment.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

Aemon lets out a sigh of relief. "That went better than expected... Beppo, Brandon did they get you?" Aemon then looks on to the door.


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Fortunately, no. Kyle, stirling work as always! Beppo, you ok?

Brandon approaches the door and examines it.

Surely they would trap this....

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

"There could be more traps... those shadows were pretty strong though" Aemon the moves up to Brandon trying to give him a hand.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Silver Crusade

Male Human Priest Lvl 5; 32 HP; AC:17 [14F/15T]; P+6; [+5F+5R+8W]; [S1:3-S2:4-S3:1-1C-4L]

"Let me take a look at your wound Beppo."

"How do you manage to keep standing after that? You should at least look worse than you do."

Kyle casts a couple spells.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

You search carefully, but see no traps. Carefully, you open the door that floats above the water. Beyond you see a chamber with a small bench and a locker...otherwise, it is pretty nondescript except for the lack of illumination.

You see a lock on the locker chest.


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Brandon takes out his Wayfinder and lights it, illuminating the small chamber within.

He glances around the room but sees nothing besides the locker.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

He steps inside and runs his finger along the lock.

If we can't open this here can we take it with us?

Grand Lodge

The lock doesn't appear to be trapped...nor does the chest appear to be bolted to the ground.


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

"Careful now boys..." - Tessai warns, inching closer and directing her divine power at the lock and chest.

Detect Magic

Grand Lodge

There's a moderate aura of different types of magic merging together.


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

"It radiates magic all over the place"


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Let's take it with us.

Brandon says, picking up the box and nervously looking over his shoulder for any more shadows.


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

"I agree let's take it out and opening it in safer group, i don't want to risk being trapped in here." Aemon then gives Brandon a hand with the box, feeling his uneasiness.

Grand Lodge

The party picks up the chest, and in the cover of the night, attempted to take the chest back to the sewer system and the hideout.

1d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 ⇒ 4

Desna smiles upon the party as they manage not to be spotted by any patrols or shadow beasts and take the chest to the temple.


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

MUAH! We OWN Westcrown so hard!

Spellcraft on the chest magic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Grand Lodge

The magical auras appear to come from items inside the chest, and not the chest itself.


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

"Ok, the magic seems to come from inside the chest, and not the chest itself"


Male Human Fighter 5 HP 45/49 | AC 22 (t13 f20) | F+6 R+5 W+5(+6vs Fear) | Perc +10 | Longsword +11, 1d8+6; Greatsword +12, 2d6+8

Beppo seems a bit sapped by the encounter with the shadows. I'll be fine...especially if we never see those things again.

He eyes the chest suspiciously. What about the poem, or a wayfinder? We used those things to find and enter the...room where the chest was. Perhaps we can use them to open the chest?

Too bad we can't ask those dead Pathfinders again... He looks over at Kyle and/or Arael: We can't, right?


(RETIRED) Human Alchemist 6 | HP 57 | AC 18 FF 16 T13 | Saves +7/+7/+6 (+4 disease, +2 poison) | Init + 2 | Percep +10

Did we have a scroll of knock?


Male Chelaxian-Human Ranger 4 | HP 44 | AC 18 FF 15 T13 | Saves +6/+8/+3 | Init + 4 | Percep +10

"Good job everyone we're getting better at using those sewers, and moving undetected." Aemon then sits at a table pouring himself a cup of water. "Now let's open it up and see whats inside."


AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex) hp 9/43 (4 HD; 1d8+3d10+12) Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10; +2 vs. death Immune disease, fear; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

I don't think so Brandon, we did not buy it in the end. So... we meet our nemesis... A LOCKED chest :D

Wait, it is locked right? Should be since it has a lock on it.

"I know nothing about picking locks, but I can bash it" - Tessai comments with a huge grin.

5,551 to 5,600 of 6,676 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JCServant's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.