GM Tarondor's Path of Tears Campaign - Traveller: The New Era

Game Master Tarondor

The Area of Operations

OPLAN Open Hand

DECK PLAN OF LILLY MARLENE


1 to 50 of 1,071 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Pirates of Drinax Links

This game is a continuation of one that began on another messageboard.

SUMMARY

The Mission
The heroes (Commander Jasper "Spider" Webb, Ensign James "Drifter" Monroe, Corporal Calvin "Mascot" Sherman and Corporal James "Flatfoot" Nicholls) are members of "MS-7" an elite force within the already unconventional Reformation Coalition Exploratory Service (RCES). After a successful mission to the planet Isis where they toppled the planet's Technologically-Elevated Dictator (TED) and recovered the lost Dawn League ship Helios and her crew at the cost of one of their own, the team has now been assigned a highly dangerous and illegal mission to meet with the resistance and the mysterious "Central Command" on the Virus-dominated planet Promise. The mission is illegal because it is three parsecs beyond the government-mandated Area of Operations.

The Ship
Their ship, RCN Riggins Victrix was seized by a vastly more powerful fleet of "Vampires" (Virus-controlled ships) and the members of MS-7, along with two RC Navy crew members, were placed into service as the human crew of "The Ship", the former Imperial Midu Agashaam-class 3,000 ton destroyer ISS Archer. Once a benevolent "Mother-strain" virus, The Ship mutated after a violent encounter with another Vampire in deep space and it has now descended into an increasingly dangerous and isolated paranoia wherein it will no longer communicate directly with the other ships in the flotilla or with the Virus-controlled robots who serve it.

The human crew of The Ship is divided into three classes. The Children of The Ship are the descendants of the Archer's last crew and constitute an upper class, in control of food supplies, work assignments and living spaces. The Proles are those picked up since the Collapse and their descendants. These are mostly crew members from Guild ships or former citizens of Guild-dominated planets who view the RCES crew members as bloody "Star Vikings." The third group of humans, variously known as "Starboard" and "the Shadows" are a violent clan of escaped high-security prisoners who took over the areas of The Ship destroyed by The Ship's encounter with the rival Vampire. They are the only source of modern weaponry, possessing a smattering of light arms and two huge anti-vehicular Guild "Crunch Guns".

The final power bloc onboard The Ship comprises the Virus-controlled robots that serve The Ship. Known to the humans collectively as "the Cans", the robots include a variety of heavily-armored security robots as well as simple maintenance robots, each with its own philosophy and outlook on human/machine relations.

The Plan
The Virus flotilla, including The Ship, is fast approaching MS-7's original target of Promise with the intention of refueling and refitting. But the increasingly unstable Ship now refuses to communicate and is showing signs of a rapid descent in madness. Our Heroes are convinced that Promise may be their last chance to get off The Ship before it kills its human crew, either by design or by accident. Unfortunately, they have learned the The Ship has no plans to descend to the planet's surface or allow anyone to leave or board.

Spider, Drifter, Flatfoot and Mascot have made alliances within the Proles and Starboard and formulated a plan to seize control of The Ship. The plan is to seize control of The Ship by destroying or confining the robots and killing or incapacitating the Children of the Ship. They will then replace the mad Virus-controlled ship's computer with a pristine Virus-free navigational computer that a Guild captain named Argos was smuggling in a crate labelled "tractor parts". They will then communicate with the flotilla via the leader of the Children of the Ship who has been communicating for some time on behalf of the paranoid Ship. Knowing that if they suddenly break formation, the huge military ships in the flotilla will destroy them, they plan to take The Ship down to Promise and make their getaway there with the aid of a former servant of Promise's many powerful Viral entities who has contacts in the Resistance.

The Situation
The team has incapacitated most of The Children of the Ship with a powerful form of food poisoning and kidnapped their leader, The Ship's chief engineer Abel Hruthbar. They have tricked a portion of the ship's robots into a secure compartment designed as the Archer's magazine. The people of Starboard have emerged and set up an ambush for several of the most dangerous robots.

Drifter is in Sick Bay with the unconscious Doctor Sirkaa, whom he rescued after she tried to commit suicide, as well as Abel Hruthbar, chief engineer and leader of the Children of the Ship, whom MS-7 kidnapped at the start of the uprising. Drifter appears to have convinced Hruthbar to see The Ship's situation and to communicate with the flotilla on their behalf once the Virus-free navigational computer is in place. Still, Drifter doesn't trust Hruthbar and is keeping an eye on him while also trying to construct an explosive device out of materials found in Sick Bay.

Mascot was the bait that trapped many robots in the magazine. He was aided by the maintenance robot Gizmo, which may have sacrificed itself to let him escape. Mascot has gotten loose from the dangerous clutches of the security robot Princep Lever and trapped that robot into a firefight with Starboard. Since then, the unarmed Mascot made his way to the cargo bay in an attempt to search it for weapons, but has encountered the murderous human-hating maintenance robot Zippo, armed with an integral cutting torch.

Meanwhile, Spider and Flatfoot have gone to the forbidden "A" Deck, the location of the suspected access hatch to central computer and found it guarded by Attila, the apex security robot, hovering on a suspensor field, heavily armored, highly intelligent and armed with both a tranquilizer gun and a laser rifle. Spider is attempting to lead Attila on a chase while Flatfoot slips past him and into the computer room.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Dramatis Personae

The Reformation Coalition

Commander Jasper "Spider" Webb - Commanding officer of MS-7, Spider is a native of the high-gravity water world Baldur and a veteran of both the Balduri Marine Corps and the RCMC. A brilliant tactician and expert in heavy weapons, Spider is a veteran of DLS Ashtabula's famous raid on Montezuma and a survivor of the Battle of Lote.

Ensign James "Drifter" Monroe - A native of Oriflamme and highly educated graduate of the Hiver Academy, Drifter is an expert mechanic and MS-7' explosives expert.

Corporal Calvin "Mascot" Sherman - This huge native of Aubaine and veteran of the RCMC is an expert swordsman and mechanic.

Corporal James "Flatfoot" Nicholls - A former free trader and undercover policeman from Aubaine, Flatfoot is the most recent RCES recruit in MS-7. He is the team's expert investigator. Like Spider, he is a survivor of the Battle of Lote.

Petty Officer Laney "Tapdance" Fusco - Computer technician from RCS Riggins Victrix, now an ad-hoc member of MS-7.

Seaman James "Muscles" McGee - Medic and bodybuilding enthusiast from RCS Riggins Victrix, now an ad-hoc member of MS-7.

Commodore Sean "Hammer" Lathrop - Hero of the Dawn League and Reformation Coalition, former captain of DLS Ashtabula and current director of the Reformation Coalition Exploratory Service.

Sid "Papa" Papadopoulis - Civilian advisor to the Reformation Coalition. In practice, Papa is head of RCES Intelligence.

Cynta "Sinner" Lawton - Famous former captain of RCS Aube now resigned after the political firestorm over her use of a nuclear weapon to destroy a virus-controlled droyne ship on the planet Daalisa in Operation Cosmic Fire. Still a civilian advisor to RCES.

Tatai MacLean - Civilian advisor, RCES's Virus expert. She grew up on board a Vampire ship.

______________________________________________
The Children of the Ship

Chief Machinist Abel Hruthbar - Leader of the Children. Has been the voice of The Ship since it began its descent into madness. Genuinely cares for The Ship.

Smith - A senior member of the Children. Tried to strongarm Tapdance into a sexual liaison.

______________________________________________
The Proles

Paka Vishnu - A tough but friendly former free trader. Instrumental in the plot to overthrow the robots and seize The Ship. Romantically involved with Flatfoot (whom she calls James), despite being fifteen years older than him.

Argo Stansha - A former Guild crewman. Part of the plot to overthrow the robots. He's providing the uninfected navigational computer.

Robert 571 - Thin and ascetic, Robert 571 was once a skilled computer technician in service to the "Sentient Council" on Promise. When the ruling AI's discovered that Robert was involved with the resistance, he was arrested and given over to The Ship as a crewman. He has promised to help the team escape Star City and join up with the Resistance if they manage to get off The Ship.

______________________________________________
Starboard

Karper - Former leader of the Shadows, now deceased. A psychotic murderer, he was killed by his henchman Harlan when Karper tried to betray MS-7.

Harlan - Huge, imposing and a decisive leader, Harlan is the current leader of the Shadows.

Georgi - Aging, balding Georgi is Starboard's leading expert on robotics.

______________________________________________
Virus

The Ship - The Viral entity that currently inhabits the computer systems of the former imperial destroyer ISS Archer. Once a benevolent "Mother-strain" Virus, The Ship began to lose touch with reality after having to destroy part of its code and part of its physical links to the outside world after a disastrous encounter with a hostile Vampire infected with a "Puppeteer-strain" Virus. The Ship does not now communicate with anyone and seem unable to understand what it hears and observes among the crew.

Attila - This PR-317 Security Robot is the senior security robot on board. Its black chassis is painted with a shark's open mouth.It also supports laser tattoos of savage animals across its abdomen and arms. Attila has some grudging respect for humans, but will not let that interfere with the performance of its duties.

Noman - A gleaming chrome tracked AN-427 Security Robot, Noman is pleasant, if condescending, Attila sees humans as clearly inferior life forms, on the order of pet goldfish. It takes two teenage humans (Alpha and Beta) with it wherever it goes.

Princep Lever - A PR-317 Security Robot with severe gouges and burns across most of its chassis, Princep Lever is a philosopher and views humans as coequal sentients. Princep Lever is prone to bouts of both violence and depression

Gizmo - A simple but curious 232-BHR-7 repair robot, Gizmo views humans as true equals and often seeks out their views on correct maintenance procedures as well as more esoteric problems like the meaning of life.

Zippo - A coldly murderous maintenance robot who sees humans as scum to be eliminated.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Spider, you were about to take a shot at Attila from cover. Please roll the attack [Gun Combat(Energy Pistol)(1), DEX -1 = +0; laser pistol damage = 3d6; 5 shots left after firing]

Drifter, you were working on a homemade bomb. Give me a difficult (10+) Explosives roll. You can take 10 minutes for a +2 to the roll

Flatfoot, you were trying to get into the access hatch without being seen. Please give me an easy Stealth roll (TN 6). This will be 2d6+0-3 as you have no training in Stealth.

Mascot, you're searching for something useful as a weapon. Give me an average Recon roll.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter takes his time working away on the bomb as the sounds of fighting echo through the ship.

Building a bomb with EDU+Demolition+Time: 2d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 14


Pirates of Drinax Links

Drifter, nice! It'll be a few turns before you're done. I'll get back to you.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot races through the corridor, looking for any open service hatches or rubble for a serviceable weapon.

Recon (Int): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 1 + 1 = 11

-Posted with Wayfinder


Pirates of Drinax Links

Spider, Flatfoot, go!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider leans around the corner and fires a shot at the pursuing robot. He then sprints down the corridor away from Attila, towards another intersection where he can duck around a corner.

Gun Combat(energy pistol) + DEX: 2d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 1 - 1 = 9
laser pistol damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1) = 8

The laser pistol has 5 shots left after firing


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot tries to sneak into the hatch without attracting the attention of the cans.

Sneak: 2d6 + 0 - 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 0 - 3 = 5


Pirates of Drinax Links

Attila Gun Combat (energy rifle) and cover: 2d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 - 2 = 75d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 2, 4) = 19

Tim, you tell me what Mascot finds and uses for a weapon! Make it interesting!

Spider gets off a grazing snapshot with his laser pistol against Attila. However, Attila notices Flatfoot trying to pry open the hatch to Main Computing and turns back. The scarred security robot opens fire with a sizzling shot that scorches the bulkhead inches from Flatfoot's head!

Attila - 2 damage

Spider, Flatfoot, Mascot, go!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Seeing Attila turn its attention away from him, Spider stops, takes aim, and fires off another laser shot.

minor action to aim, fire laser pistol at Atilla. 4 shots left after firing.

Gun Combat(energy pistol) + DEX + aim: 2d6 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 - 1 + 1 = 6
laser pistol damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) = 10


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot finds a maintenance closet with a damaged lock. He manages to force it open. Inside he sees spools of cabling as well as several wrenches. The mechanic realizes a rat's nest of wires may be able to wrap around Zippo's rotating saw blade. He strips the cable down several feet to reveal the individual wires inside. Armed with this and a heavy wrench, he returns to the corridor.

I'm making the case that Mascot can use his mechanics knowledge to know how to muck up that rotating saw blade and hopefully render Zippo powerless.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Abandinging stealth, Flatfoot tries to lever open the hatch and slip inside. If he does get inside, the former detective looks for something to barricade the hatch and keep Attila out.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Spider's shot goes wide, burning the wall next to Attila's floating clamshell form. Meanwhile, Flatfoot throws open the hatch, which is not sealed and throws himself inside.

Flatfoot, you see a small room filled with a control panel and many, many bays of data crystals and data conduits. Picture racks of pull-out trays, each tray with a half-dozen dimly-glowing credit-card sized data wafers. The hatch is not designed to be sealed, but a difficult Mechanics roll might allow him to temporarily jam the door mechanism. Difficult = TN 10

Mascot stalks back towards Zippo and the cargo hatch. "Meat," says Zippo, lighting his welding torch. "And stupid meat at that."

Atilla ignores Spider and seizes the hatch to the computer room, ready to hurl it open.

Back in Sick Bay, Drifter finishes his bomb. From far away, the Crunch Gun sounds again.

Work...
Attention.
There is a disconnect in the main bypass trunk at location...at location...
Disregard. Thank you.
Disregard.
Work...

I can't stand the suspense! What will you do next?


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

It occurs to me that we appear to have lost track of Argo, who I think was tagging along with Flatfoot. Is that right?


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot tries to quickly jam the hatch before the can gets through. He then turns and looks for anything resembling a computer core.

Mechanics vs TN 10 (INT 0, EDU 0, Mechanics 1): 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 0 + 1 = 7


Pirates of Drinax Links

Nick, you're right. I lost track of Argo in the inter-message-board shuffle. Well, he's not a trained special forces operative like Flatfoot and Spider. He's stood there with mouth agape despite his best intentions. Or perhaps years of Guild indoctrination made him hesitate to help a Star Viking when the clutch came. Either way, he acts now.

Argo Gun Combat: 2d6 + 0 ⇒ (5, 3) + 0 = 83d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14

"Aaah!" says Argo, pulling and firing a previously hidden laser pistol with surprising accuracy, striking Attila in the space between head and torso and causing sparks to fly.

Attila Damage=10

Flatfoot tries and fails to jam the lock to the computer room, but unbeknownst to him, Attila robot turns back towards Argo and Spider!

Anyone, go!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider shoots a quick look at Argo, "Impressive." He then leans back around the corner and fires off another blast at the robot.

If Attila appears to be moving towards them, Spider grabs Argo and pulls him down the hallway away from the robot. If Attila turns back towards Flatfoot, or if it returns fire without advancing, then Spider holds position and takes aim.

Fire laser pistol at Attila (3 shots left after firing). If Attila advances, move down the hall away from it, otherwise take aim

Gun Combat(energy pistol) + DEX: 2d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 - 1 = 6


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot shakes his head. He had forgotten about the torch. Well, what are you going to do, leatherneck?

He stands down the corridor from the can. "Well, you think you're so smart? What do you think my friends are doing while you're stuck here guarding that door?" He glances up at the loudspeakers as it drones on. "You're a useless maintenance can on a ship who can't figure out that it's damaged. And my friends are working to jettison the core now. So, who's stupid?"

Mascot takes a few steps back, anticipating Zippo coming at him.

Mascot's plan is to run if Zippo begins to chase him. If he overcomes him too fast, Mascot will use a reaction to try and dodge the attack.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Attila's sudden and erratic defensive maneuvers are making it difficult for Spider to get off a good shot on the robot. Meanwhile, Mascot is trolling a maintenance robot.

Drifter, Flatfoot, go!


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter takes a position by the door and keeps an eye out.

Is the bomb on a timer? What would I do to set it off without potentially getting hit by it?


Pirates of Drinax Links

Hey, this is your bomb! You tell me!


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot gives up on securing the door to search for the computer core that controls the Ship. Unfortunately, he might be least qualified member of the RCES team to be doing this.

Search (INT 0, Computers 0): 2d6 + 0 + 0 ⇒ (2, 2) + 0 + 0 = 4


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

We will go for a grenade type bomb. Pull something to mix it all together and toss it before it goes.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Drifter can hear laser fire forward and slug fire aft. As a mechanic, he knows this is going to be fatal for the crew in relatively short order.

Flatfoot realizes he's never going to disable this computer through subtlety. He's no computer technician. He is, however, as uncommonly good at violence as all RCES operatives. He doesn't need to understand it to destroy it.

Attila fires, vaporizing a section of the bulkhead next to Argo's chest. He then charges forward, arriving directly in front of the two combatants.

1d2 ⇒ 2
Attila laser rifle v. Argo and cover: 2d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 - 2 = 75d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5, 5, 2) = 17

Meanwhile, Zippo charges Mascot, but Mascot gives ground before him. The robot cannot move much faster than Mascot can jog.

Anyone, go!


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Jogging, Mascot continues to taunt Zippo, looking over his shoulder every so often. "Stupid maintenance can! Come on, show me who's the superior being! The drill instructors would have a field day with you!" His mind races to see if he can lead the can far enough away and then loop back towards the armory at full speed.

Int check?: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 1 = 10

I hope that makes sense. He absolutely doesn't want to find himself in a dead end.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

As the robot leader bears down on him, Spider draws a bead on it and fires. He then grabs Argo by the arm and urges the Guildman to follow as he moves away from Atilla, "Come on! Fall back!"

Fire laser pistol at Attila (2 shots left after firing); move

Energy Pistol + DEX + aim: 2d6 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 - 1 + 1 = 9
laser pistol damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) = 11


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot picks up a piece of metal and begins swinging. Eventually he will hit something vital. Hopefully that will disorient the cans who are pursuing himself and his companions.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter keeps an eye on the hall and prepares to toss the bomb out if needed.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Mascot runs around a corner and finds a pair of ragged women dressed as Children of the Ship. They look startled to see the big, armed Star Viking coming at them. "What are you doing?" one asks, peevishly. Mascot can hear Zippo rolling up not far behind him.

Spider fires his laser pistol, hitting Attila squarely in the armored chestplate, burning away the stylish flames painted there long ago. The menacing security robot is now firmly locked into pursuit, seemingly having forgotten Flatfoot's entry into the computer bay.

Argo laser pistol: 2d6 + 0 ⇒ (3, 3) + 0 = 63d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) = 9

Argo fires and curses as he misses, cursing again when he realizes that his ancient laser pistol has just run out of power. He falls back with Spider.

Inside the computer bay, Flatfoot begins wrecking things. He's not sure whether The Ship notices or not.

Work...
Attention.
There is a Main Bus over-volt at Terminal 12...Terminal 26... Terminal 157...
Disregard. Thank you.
Disregard.
Work...

Drifter no longer hears the Crunch Guns firing. That's either good or bad. What he does hear is an alarm ringing. He has no idea what it represents. Looking around, he sees a medical status panel with a blinking light. The readout says "Atmospheric pressure at 76%. Emergency seals disabled." Just after that, something happens to the computer and the whole readout dies.

Drifter realizes he's feeling a little bit winded.

Anyone, go!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider continues his retreat. He tries to keep himself between Argo and the pursuing robot, and he shouts out directions to Argo at each intersection.

Spider is having them take every corner that he knows won't dead end in order to limit Attila's ability to draw a bead on them. Overall, he is trying to take them in a general direction back towards the C deck storage locker and the crew from Starboard


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter listens for the sound of air being pumped into the ship and licks a finger and holds it up to see if the air is being sucked out of the room.

Int and Investigate: 2d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) - 1 + 1 = 6


Pirates of Drinax Links

Mascot and Flatfoot?


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot sees the two women in front of him and he charges forward. He barrels into the two women, hoping to push past them.

athletics, str: 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 0 + 1 = 3

Oh, holy crap...


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

"Is this vital?," Flatfoot asks himself. "No matter. Eventually I will hit something important."

Flatfoot continues to smash the equipment inside the space.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Provided that Spider makes a Tactics (military) roll, I'm going to provide him a bonus to his Athletics in this situation.

Spider Tactics+INT roll: 2d6 + 3 + 0 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 0 = 10
Spider Athletics+INT roll: 2d6 + 0 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 0 + 0 + 2 = 9
Argo Athletics+INT roll (includes +1 bonus from Spider's Tactics): 2d6 + 0 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 0 + 0 + 1 = 9

Spider and Argo lead Attila on a dangerous chase, managing to stay one second ahead of his laser fire!

Drifter isn't sure what's happening with the atmosphere, but he doesn't -hear- it leaving. Still, he knows gunfire on a ship can punch holes right through the inner hull.

Mascot runs full into the two women and they all go down in a tangle of legs and arms and indignant shouts. Gizmo catches up to him and raises his blowtorch for a strike.

Flatfoot pulls crystals out of the computer right and left, smashing one tray with a boot.

"...Work."
"Attention, systems reset required."
"Attention... There is a ... >â≥±Ág]ø”wøoflø̂∞‡8¿xc under attac7w-,...fhÇë,ce... 1üiDfi¿∞,’lf’B ÁÏFœ... 33Ĩé.... B√§ÅÕ...Éi. . ...3I.ÿÃf..........3 ,,g ‡ p1É3. . ...3Î&▒Cò>>s åÃÃ...Δc?±òÃ......f3 -C.*¿!─────Üiœ̌æ-̌Ûáœɗ."

The Ship's incessant prattling stops as lights go out all over the the ship, replaced only sporadically by emergency lights.

Anyone, go!


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter curses and looks around to see if there is anything that he could use to make a quick patch on the hall in the area.

EDU+Mechanic: 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 + 2 = 12

I am looking for a dense polymer. Possibly a quick set chemical for casts. If I know with my general roll that there would be actual patch stuff I have seen while working on maintenance on the ship I would like to possibly remember that instead.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot fights for his life, knowing if Zippo gets him with the torch, it's all but over. The former marine grabs one of the women and rolls her on top of him, trying to use her as a shield. He kicks out, trying to hit the blowtorch arm.

Not exactly sure what this would be...Athletics? Its sort of wrestling-like.

Athletics (Str): 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 0 + 1 = 4

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot cocks an ear, please to hear silence rather than the Ship's monologue. He then turns to seek out his companions, hoping to deal with the cans. The next step is to get the new, uninfected computer installed and get this ship to Promise.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Spider, you're up!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider and Argo continue to race to stay ahead of Atilla and its laser fire. When the lights flicker and the Ship's voice stops, Spider spares enough breath to grunt an approval and say, "Time to put your merchandise to use, Argo."

As they run, Spider looks for an opportunity when they are briefly out of Attila's sight for Argo to turn off into a dark side corridor or room to hide, while Spider continues down the main corridor to lead Attila towards where he hopes to find Starboard reinforcements.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Drifter finds some quick-setting bandages used to immobilize limbs. Placed over a bullet hole, it might hold long enough for some real welding to make a more permanent seal. Of course, he'd have to find the holes.

As the two women and Mascot try to disentangle themselves, Zippo closes in for the kill, but Mascot is able to roll away as the torch comes down, burning one of the women's thighs and making her scream in pain and pass out.

Blowtorch: 2d6 - 1 + 0 ⇒ (2, 1) - 1 + 0 = 23d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14

Flatfoot opens the unbarred door to the computer bay, surprised to find Attila, Spider and Argo gone. He can hear laser fire not far away.

Argo looks at Spider and shrugs. "It's not that simple, mate! It's a whole new infrastructure. Hours and hours of work to do that. We need to kill this can first!"

Attila: 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 + 1 = 11

"Unlikely," says Attila, coming around a corner faster than Spider expected and opening fire with its integrated laser rifle. The shot blasts the ceiling above their heads, causing sparks and insulation to rain down.

Attila laser rifle: 2d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 - 2 = 45d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 1, 3) = 13

Anyone, go!


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

What's the blowtorch like? Is it on an arm or integrated into Zippos body? Does it have tubes going to it?

-Posted with Wayfinder


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Does Spider have any idea where in the ship he is?


Pirates of Drinax Links

The blowtorch is on a slender yet flexible arm with no exposed tubing. Zippo is a maintenance bot, not a combat model.

Spider knows that he is on B-Deck, Port passageway, quite near the bow.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter looks over at Mascot and says, "The air is getting thin. I need to find out why and fix it. Seal the door behind me and keep them both in here and safe." He then looks over at Hruthbar, "I am not sure how this will turn out, but the remaining people on the ship will need you alive regardless. I am going to go make sure we can all still breathe in a few minutes. Stay here and keep your head down. I know its hard, but if you die or are too hurt to handle the other ships then we are all dead anyway." He looks the man in the eye for a moment to gauge his reaction and then turns to exit and go find where the air is going.

Social: 2d6 + 0 ⇒ (5, 3) + 0 = 8

EDU+Investigate: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 2 + 1 = 11

EDU+Mechanic: 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 2 + 2 = 13

EDU+Sensor: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 1 = 8

So try and convince Hruthbar to play it safe and then find the leaks. I put down what I thought may be relevant including Sensors in case I can hook into the ships detection capabilities still to find where a leak might be.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot turns towards the sound of laser fire since that is likely where his companions are engaged with one of the cans. He proceeds carefully since he does not want to surprise his companions and die due to friendly fire.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider continues to direct Argo as they flee from Attila.

Primary goal is to keep ahead of Attila while minimizing the number of clear shots he can take at us. Secondary goal is to head towards an access to C deck.

How does one get from deck to deck on this ship? Is it all lifts, or are there ladders?


Pirates of Drinax Links

Drifter, Mascot isn't with you. He's fighting Zippo the maintenance bot. Only Abel Hruthbar and Doctor Sirkaa are with you.

Spider, both lifts and ladders exist. The lifts are now offline.

Spider, C-Deck is where the Proles live and where the engineering spaces are and where Starboard is supposed to have trapped most of the robots. Is that what you wanted?

Need a move from Mascot.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

That was supposed to be Muscles, not Mascot.

1 to 50 of 1,071 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Path of Tears Campaign - Traveller: The New Era All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.