GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


4,951 to 5,000 of 10,781 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 9, Initiative: 7

Status:
HP: 56/64 AC: 23 (F21/T15) (+3 Barkskin included, +1 haste included, +2 Smite (gnoll) NOT included)
Weapon Equipped: Hammer
Conditions: Barkskin (3/60m), Haste (1/6r), Smiting giant gnoll
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/2 (+2 attack, +6 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 3/5 (2d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Guisarme Attack BAB +5, Str +2, MW +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Guisarme Damage Str +2, Two handed +1, (Power Attack +6)
Hammer Attack BAB +5, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Hammer Damage Str +2, Magic +1, (Power Attack +4)
Spells (caster level 3, concentration +5)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Lesser Restoration
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 23 (F20/T13) (+4 mage armor included, +1 haste included)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/60m), Blessed (?/?m)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert shrugs decidedly unhappily. He guides Gretiem up (5’ step) and swings where the gnoll once was, in the vain hopes that he’s still there.

Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Miss chance (high is a possible hit): 1d100 ⇒ 30

Haste Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Miss chance (high is a possible hit): 1d100 ⇒ 61

Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 3 = 12 (haste, smite, guidance) damage: 1d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 = 17 (smite)
Miss chance (high is a possible hit): 1d100 ⇒ 54

Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 (haste, smite) damage: 1d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16 (smite)
Miss chance (high is a possible hit): 1d100 ⇒ 82

Haste Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 (haste, smite) damage: 1d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 = 19 (smite)
Miss chance (high is a possible hit): 1d100 ⇒ 83


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 9

Ami and Yeen snuff around (using scent) to look for an invisible foe. If they find one, they will point it out to Aldebert.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: 19 Ami; 20+3+4=27 Yeen. (Barkskin, mage armor)
HP: 35/39 Ami; 42/42 Yeen.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (bite)
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee)
[ dice]1d6+1[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+9[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, ranged)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/7 used
Lvl 2: 3/6 used (barkskin @ Aldebert/Yeen, CMW)
Lvl 3: 0/4 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin
Ami:


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Looks like forum ate my post.

The sphere of flame sizzles away as dust and rock begin to glow with red. Teeth and hammer catch only air and bits of rubble.

The area where the gnoll was is now considered difficult terrain. @ Ami, can you give me a rough idea of where Yeen is using scent.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen will start with the 30' of where they are then move toward the staircase, then back to the C5 area.

Scent ability. (link)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Yeen's survival to track vs. DC 10(but no sure it's necessary here)


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Well, that seems to have settled the trouble in the rubble. No gnoll, at present. Did it have some magics to see it gone when it just about saw the 'beyond'?"

Pent leans back and forth, looking through the rubbledust, and waits for folk to figure where their noses lead them next.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

@Ami, so you have a round worth of movement, which would get you either too the staircase or C5. So proceed to staircase?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

In theory, Yeen should be able to follow the scent up or to C5 if the scent is there. There might be a trail.

Ami is not willing to ascend the stairs on his own, but leads Yeen there before moving to C5.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Ami / Yeen:
Although Yeen tracks the scent where the creature was and from the direction it came, there is no sign in the other areas investigated.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami turns to address the party.

"Brother! Ooo-tah! There is nothing here! It...is gone!"

Assuming we are out of combat, Ami and Yeen continue to snuff around, as if a dog sniffing around the table for the last bits of dropped dinner.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm not sad to see it go. Speaking of going, where are we? Going?" Pent pokes Otah. "You still got Sarah's shielding on you, so you should press on boldly, considering you're a bit harder to hit."


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)
Amiamble Piddlespot wrote:

Ami turns to address the party.

"Brother! Ooo-tah! There is nothing here! It...is gone!"

"Well that was quick. I wonder if it was but an illusion, designed to scare us away? Well if it's gone, shall we continue to the surface and follow our plan?"


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Still proceeding with iniative in rounds. Other actions for this round? Being flexible her on speech for theb'round'.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

I'm assuming this is the same round I attacked, so I think I'm done. If I'm off a round, let me know. :)


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Yes, same round - but I think anything else has been talking - which I think is fine. I'll post the next round in the morning so as to give others a chance to chime in. I think Otah is the only one that hasn't acted.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Going to GMPC for a moment, but if Otah pops back in let me know if I'm way off.

Otah looks about as other hit empty air and rocks, walks into the hallway a few steps before turning and heading toward Mahdi.
Standard move and ready attack.

"What do you make of this? I'd say that path might be ready to collapse, so maybe the rock will crush the bugger."


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

As Otah finishes thinking aloud, he yelps in surprise as something or someone emerges from the shadows behind Mahdi. The creature's blade slices into wizard, making quick work of cloth, flesh, and nearly rending bone. Mahdi winces and shivers.

Mahdi:
In addition to the pain, you feel suddenly cold.

"Drop your weapons or I will finish what I have started."

blade: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26, dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, dmg2: 1d6 ⇒ 4, sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) = 9 (21 dmg total)

GM:
bluff: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Initiative (Initiative, copy and pasted - still current.)
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Amiamble: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (with Yeenoghu)
Otah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Round 10 ish: All PCs now acting.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Well, perhaps it is--"

Whatever Mahdi was going to say cuts off in a scream of pain as an unseen blade finds his kidneys. "Gnahh!"

"Behind me!" the young wizard shouts, not even entertaining the thought of surrender. (Is the enemy now visible? I see a figure on the map, but I'm just verifying that our characters also see the attacker now. If so, what or who does it look like-- the same gnoll as earlier, or something new?)

Concentration check to cast defensively, vs DC 17: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 4 = 26 Success

Mahdi gestures swiftly, his fingers dancing in the air, then vanishes from view. (Casting Vanish, duration 5 rounds)

Now that he can't be seen, Mahdi scrambles away from the cold blade, clutching his bleeding side. He hurries into the corner, near Pent, and touches the gnome's sleeve in passing to let him know he's there.

Mahdi's flaming sphere is likely still on the map, since it will last 6 rounds from his casting of it. I'll add a token for it, but I don't know exactly where it would have been summoned because I don't know where it got summoned the last time, because I don't know where the last place he saw the enemy gnoll before he turned invisible was. So.... anyway, that's what the orange circle is.

Haste is also probably still up on the party; I think for three more rounds if I'm tracking correctly.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Waiting for the others with higher init to get their places first. Also, moved Ami and Yeen to C5ish area where the might be sniffing for baddie.

Ami and Yeen both stare the monster behind them.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 10, Initiative: 7

Status:
HP: 56/64 AC: 22 (F21/T14) (+3 Barkskin included, +2 Smite (gnoll) NOT included)
Weapon Equipped: Hammer
Conditions: Barkskin (3/60m), Haste (4/6r), Smiting giant gnoll
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/2 (+2 attack, +6 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 3/5 (2d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Guisarme Attack BAB +5, Str +2, MW +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Guisarme Damage Str +2, Two handed +1, (Power Attack +6)
Hammer Attack BAB +5, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Hammer Damage Str +2, Magic +1, (Power Attack +4)
Spells (caster level 3, concentration +5)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Lesser Restoration
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 23 (F20/T13) (+4 mage armor included, +1 haste included)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/60m), Blessed (?/?m)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert wheels around to face this new enemy and pushes Gretiem to face this new foe. He swiftly closes in (no charge lane).

Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 (haste) damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10 (haste) damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

”Keep your hands off Mahdi you fiend. We will not surrender to you!”

Apparently we won't hit the likes of you either... damn.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 10ish, Init 17

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 41/41
Weapon Equipped = MW Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Longstrider(6hr), Hasted
Spell Preparations
Oth Level-Create Water, Guidance, Resistance, Stabilize
1st Level-Shield of Faith
2nd Level-Aid, Hold Person, Sound Burst
3rd Level-Prayer, Summon Monster III, Fly[D]
Channels: 5/8

Pent spins on his heels, first hearing Mahdi bellow in pain, then bleed from it, then disappear. When something touches him from the corner, the deep breaths to still movement around the wound, the gnome furrows his brow as he considers.

"I can't smack you with Sarah's soothe if I can't see you, Maddie. Stay put, don't move, and stop bleeding if you can, while we wait for the others to start bleeding. Our boys'll need to clear him out, that's for sure. Can't have blinking backstabbers about."

Pent reaches a wiry arm out, bringing his tattooed forearm to stare down the brute backstabber. "You had best stop what you're doing, coming up in here, thinking you can cut down any one of these fine folk. We were just leaving, and instead of hacking into us, you could just as easily point to the exit, and stand aside. Your choice."

Cast Hold Person- Will Save DC 17
SR Penetration?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Just in case...


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Little bit of house keeping. I've marked where the gnoll was for sphere reference on roll20. Going to need some perception rolls to provide further info. on the creature. Holding on moving forward to see if we can get any kind of update on Otah. Will proceed tomorrow either way.

Mahdi:
You know that the creature is not nearly as large as the gnoll.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Aldebert eyes his slippery foe.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Round ?, Initiative 20
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

I'm assuming the big-bad is the red-orange thing in C3?
5-foot step, full attack

Otah moves forward to engage the assailant.

+1 Cold Iron Horsechopper, full attack, moved: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Horsechopper, Iterative, moved: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25 for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
+1 att/dam for moving!

"Did ya think that would really work? Who are you?" he chimes as his horsechopper moves forward.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Haste is up on you, Otah; take that second attack ;)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

oops, thanks
+1 Cold Iron Horsechopper, full attack, moved, hasted: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
+1 att/dam for moving!


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Thanks for the update Otah. I hear it on the school stuff. Keep afloat. Other stuff comes first.

As Mahdi vanishes there is a clear sigh of frustration from the creature. The sigh turns into a yelp as Otah spans the distance, surprisingly adept with his first few strikes. After the final strike misses its mark, the creature is gone - just like Mahdi.

Aldebert:
The creature is a humanoid about the size of Mahdi. Beyond that you just couldn't tell much beyond it's reddish tinged skin and hair.

Round 11: All PCs now acting.

GM:
ZI hp: 12/72. Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami didn't get his round 10. Was waiting for others. Did the baddie get a Round 10 action?

Round 10

Ami and Yeen spring around at the appearance of the badjerk, moving forward quickly to intercept.

Yeen:
1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 26 to hit; (bite,haste,divfav)
1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 damage.

Ami:
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,haste)
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: 19 Ami; 20+3+4=27 Yeen. (Barkskin, mage armor)
HP: 35/39 Ami; 42/42 Yeen.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (bite)
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee)
[ dice]1d6+1[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+9[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, ranged)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/7 used
Lvl 2: 3/6 used (barkskin @ Aldebert/Yeen, CMW)
Lvl 3: 0/4 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin
Ami:


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 11, Initiative: 7 -> 4

Status:
HP: 56/64 AC: 22 (F21/T14) (+3 Barkskin included, +2 Smite (gnoll) NOT included)
Weapon Equipped: Hammer
Conditions: Barkskin (3/60m), Haste (4/6r), Smiting giant gnoll
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/2 (+2 attack, +6 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 3/5 (2d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Guisarme Attack BAB +5, Str +2, MW +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Guisarme Damage Str +2, Two handed +1, (Power Attack +6)
Hammer Attack BAB +5, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Hammer Damage Str +2, Magic +1, (Power Attack +4)
Spells (caster level 3, concentration +5)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Lesser Restoration
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 23 (F20/T13) (+4 mage armor included, +1 haste included)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/60m), Blessed (?/?m)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

"oh Ho! Otah! Nice blow" he yells as Otah strikes deep.

Too soon, and shrugging annoyedly, Aldebert delays, hoping his brother can this time identify the hidden opponent so he may try to strike it.

Delay until init 4


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Ami's strike hits. The creature looks as if it is barely holding on to life. All other actions proceed as before.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 11, Init 17

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 41/41
Weapon Equipped = MW Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Longstrider(6hr), Hasted
Spell Preparations
Oth Level-Create Water, Guidance, Resistance, Stabilize
1st Level-Shield of Faith
2nd Level-Aid, Sound Burst
3rd Level-Prayer, Summon Monster III, Fly[D]
Channels: 5/8

Just making sure- did Pent's attempt at Holding that 'Person' fizzle?

Pent pulls up his crossbow, and fires, hoping the attacker loses heart and leaves them in peace. "Get gone already!! We're none too thrilled with your attempt to kill our fire expert. You in league with the beasties?? Why anyone would want to be in league with flea-ridden donkey floggers is beyond me by a mile."

MW Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 11

Ami and Yeen move to attack, but find their foe less there than before. Acting quickly, Ami commands Yeen to scent again. They snuff about, double moving.

Marked a trail of snuffing in yellow.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: 19 Ami; 20+3+4=27 Yeen. (Barkskin, mage armor)
HP: 35/39 Ami; 42/42 Yeen.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (bite)
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee)
[ dice]1d6+1[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+9[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, ranged)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/7 used
Lvl 2: 3/6 used (barkskin @ Aldebert/Yeen, CMW)
Lvl 3: 0/4 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin
Ami:


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Round 11ish, Init 20

If Pent's attack didn't drop it...

Otah tries to strike the creature with the shaft of his weapon instead of the blade, wondering if the thing would speak after being subdued... if it manages to last that long.

+1 Cold Iron Horsechopper, full attack, moved, haste, cover, non-lethal: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 16for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
Horsechopper, Iterative, moved, haste, cover, non-lethal: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 15 for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
+1 Cold Iron Horsechopper, hasted attack, moved, haste, cover, non-lethal: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 6for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
+1 att/dam for moving!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Round 11

I understand he just turned invisible, but... what did we see, during the instance he was visible? Do we need a perception check just to get a description of what our characters saw? Right now, all I have in my head to visualize this fight is the red token that's on the map, which mostly makes me think of Gossamer from Marvin the Martian... which, much as I love Marvin the Martian, I don't think it's probably who I'm supposed to envision fighting. ;) I'm asking, not to try and gain a combat advantage, but for the sake of being able to understand narratively what's going on.

I'm happy to make a perception check, I'm just unclear on why it's necessary to perceive for a question of 'does this look like a gnoll? does it look like the same guy that was just standing in front of the party fifteen seconds ago?'

Mahdi Perceives: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Scowling to himself at Pent (not that Pent can see it), Mahdi nevertheless does choose to remain quiet as the better part of valor. He draws a potion from his belt and discreetly chugs it.

Using potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Vanish, round 2/5
Haste, round 4/6
Flaming Sphere, round 2/6


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Sorry- missed the blink dog tricks... Vanish is such a coward's tool... ;)

Pent still fires in the general direction of the damnable backstabber.

Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 38

"Why don't they just stay put and let us put them in their place?! What the blazes is it that keeps hounding us?!"

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Looks like some spoilers didn't make it through. Aldebert knows the creature is a medium sized humoid with red tinged hair and skin. Hold person worked, but save on subsequent turn broke it.

As attacks slip through the air the sounds of gnolls is lounder as a familar beelowing is heard, now from the double doors ahead.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 11, Initiative: 4

Status:
HP: 56/64 AC: 22 (F21/T14) (+3 Barkskin included, +2 Smite (gnoll) NOT included)
Weapon Equipped: Hammer
Conditions: Barkskin (3/60m), Haste (5/6r), Smiting giant gnoll
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/2 (+2 attack, +6 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 3/5 (2d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Guisarme Attack BAB +5, Str +2, MW +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Guisarme Damage Str +2, Two handed +1, (Power Attack +6)
Hammer Attack BAB +5, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Hammer Damage Str +2, Magic +1, (Power Attack +4)
Spells (caster level 3, concentration +5)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Lesser Restoration
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 23 (F20/T13) (+4 mage armor included, +1 haste included)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/60m), Blessed (?/?m)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Aldebert follows his brother around, hoping he’ll identify the opposition so he can get a strike. If he does, Aldebert and Gretiem swing on the invisible foe!

Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18 (haste) damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9
Miss if 50 or below: 1d100 ⇒ 97

Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23 (haste) damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Miss if 50 or below: 1d100 ⇒ 93


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

As a group of gnolls storm mindlessly into the room, two of them meet their ends before they even realize they're being attacked. The remaining gnolls look on in fear, one eying Gretiem's sharp teeth and the another wincing at the sight of Aldebert's hammer. A third gnoll brining up the rear begins to turn to run after seeing beyond the duo, but changes its mind as a familiar bellow sounds just outside the doors.

Updating roll20. Two dead gnolls are in front of Gretiem and Aldebert. Two more are five feet beyond, behind the corpses of the slain gnolls, and a third is ten feet away. The source of the bellowing everyone recognizes as the gnoll that disappeared earlier.

Round 11: Ami get's an attack.
Round 12: All PCs acting (the gnolls were surprised)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 11&12

Ami and Yeen move up to attack...and attack. They start with the top gnoll, then move to the bottom.

Yeen:
1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 26 to hit; (bite,haste,divfav)
1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 damage.

Ami:
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,haste)
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.

Round 12
Yeen:
1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 27 to hit; (bite,haste,divfav)
1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 damage.

1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 23 to hit; (bite,haste,divfav)
1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage.

1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 21 to hit; (bite,haste,divfav)
1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 damage.

Haste Bite:
1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 29 to hit; (bite,haste,divfav)
1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 damage.

Ami:
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,haste)
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.

Haste Staff:
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11 to hit; (slingstaff, melee,haste)
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: 19 Ami; 20+3+4=27 Yeen. (Barkskin, mage armor)
HP: 35/39 Ami; 42/42 Yeen.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (bite)
[ dice]1d6+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (claw)
[ dice]1d4+4[/dice] damage.

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee)
[ dice]1d6+1[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+9[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, ranged)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/7 used
Lvl 2: 3/6 used (barkskin @ Aldebert/Yeen, CMW)
Lvl 3: 0/4 used

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin
Ami:


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Round 12, Initiative 20

I'm confused, is there a 1.) invisible gnoll and 2.) invisible rad haired thing? Or just one invisible creature?

Otah steps forward and has at the closest newcomer. if it drops on one of his attacks, he'll target the second gnoll in his reach

+1 Cold Iron Horsechopper, full attack, moved, haste, cover: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 17for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Horsechopper, Iterative, moved, haste, cover: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16 for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
+1 Cold Iron Horsechopper, Hasted attack, moved, haste, cover: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 10for: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
+1 att/dam for moving!


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

There are no invisible creatures. Or wait, if they were invisible you wouldn't see them...

Yeen finishes what Ami has started. As the two gnolls fall, and shortly after Otah - with his superior reach slays another just as the large gnoll from earlier steps into through the doorway. A duo of well armed gnolls stand in front of him while a gnoll in clerical garb follows closely.

Perception>18:
The large gnoll seems to be bleeding profusely from new wounds.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Round 12

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Still invisible, Mahdi whispers to Pent, "The big one there seems to have new injuries, does he not?"

He takes a step forward to be able to better see what's going on, and draws the wand he claimed earlier, while beckoning forward to his roiling ball of fire.

Move action: direct sphere forward 25'; move action; draw wand of summon monster; 5-ft step.

Vanish, round 3/5
Haste, round 5/6
Flaming Sphere, round 3/6


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 12, Initiative: 4

Status:
HP: 56/64 AC: 22 (F21/T14) (+3 Barkskin included, +1 haste NOT included, +2 Smite (giant gnoll) NOT included)
Weapon Equipped: Hammer
Conditions: Barkskin (3/60m), Haste (5/6r), Smiting giant gnoll
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/2 (+2 attack, +6 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 3/5 (2d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Guisarme Attack BAB +5, Str +2, MW +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Guisarme Damage Str +2, Two handed +1, (Power Attack +6)
Hammer Attack BAB +5, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Hammer Damage Str +2, Magic +1, (Power Attack +4)
Spells (caster level 3, concentration +5)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Lesser Restoration
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 23 (F20/T13) (+4 mage armor included, +1 haste included)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/60m), Haste (5/6r)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Excited that the object of his smite has returned so he can finish the job, he’s frustrated that all the gnolls within easy reach have already been killed. ”Good job gents, now let’s press ahead shall we?”

He moves up and engages one of the lesser gnolls in reach, trying to fight his way to the tough guy in back.

Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21 (haste) damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10 (haste) damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 doh!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 12, Init 17

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 41/41
Weapon Equipped = MW Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Longstrider(6hr), Hasted
Spell Preparations
Oth Level-Create Water, Guidance, Resistance, Stabilize
1st Level-Shield of Faith
2nd Level-Aid, Sound Burst
3rd Level-Prayer, Summon Monster III, Fly[D]
Channels: 5/8

Mahdi wrote:
"The big one there seems to have new injuries, does he not?"

Pent nods to nothing visible. "This is a madhouse, if the gnoll got snicked by something other than our cat, which means we're blind to the fact that we're fighting on more than two fronts in and about here. How long you gonna stay outta sight? Perhaps we should all poof like you, and scoot right through."

Pent shoots at big guy, hoping to demoralize the little ones.

MW Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22 for 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage(-4 to hit for cover?)
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 = 9 for 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage(-4 to hit for cover?)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Perception

Ami looks, but only wants to see gnolls that he might slay.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Though Gretiem and Aldebert are unable to penetrate the armor of the foremost golls, Pent's bold bounces off the large gnoll's hide. The gnoll growls and gives Pent the stink eye. The gnolls stay where they are, focusing all their attacks on Aldebert - who just happens to be the only one in reach.

big gnoll attack #1: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 4 = 20, dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, dmg 2: 1d6 ⇒ 2
big gnoll attack #2: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12 (miss) (8 dmg total)

Gnoll D: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 (miss)
Gnoll E: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 (miss)

Aldebert:
You feel a slight chill as the large gnoll's attack hits you. You see the rear most gnoll point a wand toward the large gnoll.

GM:
CLW: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7. ZI hp: 19/72


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Round 13: All PCs now acting.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 13, Initiative: 4

Status:
HP: 56/64 AC: 22 (F21/T14) (+3 Barkskin included, +1 haste NOT included, +2 Smite (giant gnoll) NOT included)
Weapon Equipped: Hammer
Conditions: Barkskin (3/60m), Haste (5/6r), Smiting giant gnoll
Summon Mount: 1/1 (full round)
Smite Evil: 1/2 (+2 attack, +6 damage, +2 AC)
Lay on Hands: 3/5 (2d6 healing +1d6 if not fatigued or diseased)
Guisarme Attack BAB +5, Str +2, MW +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Guisarme Damage Str +2, Two handed +1, (Power Attack +6)
Hammer Attack BAB +5, Str +2, Magic +1, Size +1, (Power Attack -2)
Hammer Damage Str +2, Magic +1, (Power Attack +4)
Spells (caster level 3, concentration +5)
1) Hero’s Defiance, Lesser Restoration
- - -
Gretiem Lord of the Green
HP: 48/48 AC: 23 (F20/T13) (+4 mage armor included, +1 haste included)
Fort: 7 Reflex: 7 Will: 4 BAB: +3 CMB: 6 CMD: 18
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/60m), Haste (5/6r)
Tricks: Aid, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heal, Hunt, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +3, Str +3 Damage Str +4 (1.5x)

Actually I think the gnoll misses me. My spoiler shows I have a barkskin, the haste bonus, and against him (assuming it’s the same guy) a smite bonus. My AC vs him is 25 at the moment.

Nervous about all the blows coming his way, but happy about his armor, his brothers mystical support, and Mahdi’s speed - let alone his own god’s protection - he continues the fight. First he attacks the lesser gnolls in front of him as he works his way to the big guy…

Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21 (haste) damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10
Hasted Gretiem Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18 (haste) damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26 (haste) damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19 (haste) damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Hasted Hammer (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18 (haste) damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Though Gretiem is unable to bite through to the armored gnolls, one of Aldebert's hammer swings manages to hit a gnoll.

Roger on the armor bonus. Which gnoll are you focusing on?

4,951 to 5,000 of 10,781 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.