GM R0B0GEISHA Presents: The Dragon's Demand

Game Master R0B0GEISHA

Adventure Map

Map of Belhaim


1,801 to 1,821 of 1,821 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

WotR Combat Map

Knowledge (nature) DC 15:
The mushrooms are known as 'blue stalks.' They aren't poisonous, but contain a drug that makes the consumer more susceptible to coercion.

Cira:
Closer inspection reveals that the carvings on the pillars lack any sort of tool marks—they were likely created with magic.

As Cira looks about, the glint of something golden catches her eye. A rotting arm near the water's edge bears a slime-covered golden ring. The ringed hand clutches a short arcane implement, likely some manner of wand.


HP 33/33 | Init: +4 | Perception +7 | AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 15| Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +5 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4| Bardic Perfrom 10/12 | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 |

"Yeah, this place is just great. A nice warm fire, a packed tavern and an adoring audience sounds real great right now." Marcus mutters as he looks around, "not to mention the adoring groupies."


Half-elf sorcerer 4 | HP: 26/26| AB: +2 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 (+6 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Cira pulls her hand back from the carvings. "These carvings don't bear any tool marks. I think they were made with magic." She shakes her head, sitting back on her heels. "Probably not important," she mumbles, looking around her. A glimmer in the water near her catches her eye, and she shifts to get a closer look. "There's a... hand over here," she says, swallowing hard, her voice a bit strained. "It looks like it's holding something. I think it's a wand." She quickly finds a stick nearby, using it to nudge the item out of the rotting hand and closer to her.


WotR Combat Map

GM Screen:
Global Combat Condition:
Party Buffs:
Marcus HP: 33/33 - AC 17/12/15 Status:
Maffei HP: 17/17 - AC: 18/14/12 Status:
Cira HP: 26/26 - AC: 16/12/14 Status:
Grargath HP: 38/38 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Francis HP: 33/33 - AC: 16/10/16 Status:
________________________________
Order: Maffei 15, Marcus 13a, Francis 13b, Cira 12a, Crocodile 12b, Grargath 9

6d20 ⇒ (4, 13, 7, 11, 9, 9) = 53

Combat Log:

Cira nudges the hand and wand closer to her when a massive reptile launches itself from the water with shocking speed. Its massive jaws open in a roar and its tail smashes back and forth, spraying water.

The map is updated and combat begins! Maffei, Marcus, and Cira can act first.


Half-elf sorcerer 4 | HP: 26/26| AB: +2 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 (+6 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

With a shout, Cira stumbles back from the quick moving reptile and flings her hands out before her, casting the first spell that comes to mind. As she raises her outstretched palm towards the ceiling of the cavern, a mass of weeds and plants form around the creature, wrapping around its form.

Casting Entangle.


HP 33/33 | Init: +4 | Perception +7 | AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 15| Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +5 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4| Bardic Perfrom 10/12 | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 |

Marcus slides to the side as the monster jumps from the water, shaking out his whip. Roaring in response to the beast he lashes out with his whip.

Attack, Power attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20
Damage, S: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7


Maffei's crouch's low to the ground and springs along the other side of the reptile. After landing and sliding, she slashes her enchanted blade across the beasts side.

Main Hand: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 4) + 2 = 16


WotR Combat Map

GM Screen:
Global Combat Condition:
Party Buffs:
Marcus HP: 33/33 - AC 17/12/15 Status:
Maffei HP: 17/17 - AC: 18/14/12 Status:
Cira HP: 26/26 - AC: 16/12/14 Status:
Grargath HP: 38/38 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Francis HP: 33/33 - AC: 16/10/16 Status:
________________________________
Shral HP:

Order: Maffei 15, Marcus 13a, Francis 13b, Cira 12a, Crocodile 12b, Grargath 9

Combat Log:
Cira casts entangle (DC 15). Shral passes Reflex save (17).
Marcus power attacks Shral for 7 slashing.
Maffei crits Shral for 16 slashing.
Shral five-foot steps and full attacks.
Bites Maffei for 14 piercing. Grab successful. Death rolls Maffei for 12 piercing. Maffei is prone.
Tail misses Marcus.
Shral fails Reflex save. Gains entangled.
Francis moves to and heals Maffei for 16.

What meager vegetation grows in this dank cavern reaches out to snare the crocodile, but the creature explodes forward and out of its grasp. Marcus delivers a strike with his scorpion whip, and Maffei moves in close to stab the beast in the side. The crocodile twists and snaps at Maffei, grabbing the rogue by the leg. Its bite secured, the crocodile tucks in its legs and rolls rapidly, slamming Maffei into the mud.

While rolling, it lashes out with its thick tail, nearly crashing into Marcus's leg. Before the crocodile can drag Maffei underwater, Cira's plants wrap it tightly.

Seeing Maffei's dilemma, Francis splashes across the river and heals the most grievous of Maffei's wounds.

Maffei takes 10 damage and gains the grappled and prone conditions. The crocodile is now entangled and has used its AoO. Map is updated and the party can now act.


Half-elf sorcerer 4 | HP: 26/26| AB: +2 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 (+6 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Cira cringes as she watches the animal grab and smash Maffei to the ground, but breathes a small sigh of relief as she sees her spell ground it in place before it can disappear into the water. Palms forward, she sends a beam of fire towards the crocodile's face.

Attack (Scorching Ray): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 6) = 13

1st: 4/7
2nd: 2/4


HP 38/38 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

"What in th' hells is that!?"

Grargath's eyes widen as the beast emerges from the water, breaking through Cira's spell at first to attack their newest companion. He rushes to the other side of the crocodile, axe and shield at the ready.

[ooc]Move 20 feet. Attacking with Power Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 = 13


HP 33/33 | Init: +4 | Perception +7 | AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 15| Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +5 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4| Bardic Perfrom 10/12 | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 |

Marcus casts grease on Maffei's trapped leg, singing out a lilting chorus of rapid rhymes while swirling his hand in a curiously ... slippery ... manner.

I believe that will give you a +10 escape artist check


Maffei barely retaining her consciousness, twists her body and with her less-chewed foot kicks out at the monsters teeth, to pull her leg out.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35

With a bit a grease, and a hard twist Maffei slides out of the beasts grasp, hopping back on her unwounded leg, 5 feet away from the crocodile.

That is, if I escaped, if not....ouch.


WotR Combat Map

The cave illuminates for a moment as Cira's spell slays the massive crocodile, leaving a bright line in your vision that takes several seconds to dispel. The smell of charred meat overwhelms as the beast thrashes for a moment, its side scarred and pitted, before collapsing to the ground.

Combat over!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf sorcerer 4 | HP: 26/26| AB: +2 | AC: 12 (16), T: 12, FF: 10 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +4 (+6 vs. enchant.) | Init: +8 | Perc: +2

Cira snatches the ring and wand from the hand, stuffing them into a pocket for later. Breathing heavily, she pushes some hair out of her face and looks at Marcus and Grargath, cheeks red. "I am never going near water again unless I absolutely have to," she says firmly, crossing her arms as she glances down the cavern. "Do not let me forget that."


HP 33/33 | Init: +4 | Perception +7 | AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 15| Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +5 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4| Bardic Perfrom 10/12 | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 |

Marcus shares a look with Cira before nodding in agreement, then looking at the beast and shivering. Shaking it off, he turns to Maffei and calls Francis over, "You Ok? He had you good. Francis! Need a hand here I think."


WotR Combat Map

The cleric approaches and crouches to inspect Maffei's leg. "Hold still and let me see," he asks.

How injured is Maffei?


HP 38/38 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Grargath shakes his head, still keeping a wary eye on the murky water. "Aye, though I don't think you'll be forgettin' it anytime soon, lass."

He grimaces and finally breaks away from searching for any further emerging beasts. While Maffei is attended to, the dwarf takes a few steps further into the cavern, taking care not to stray too far from the group. He keeps his axe and shield raised, alert for anything else that might try to ambush them.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


I am only down 10

Maffei grins wickedly at the party, before looking at down at her own leg. She plucks a loose tooth from her leg, and flicks it at the beasts corpse. "Well hopefully that's the last of whatever that thing was."

Her smile turns warmer, as Francis examines the wound, "I appreciate the aid Francis." her voice falling to a softer tone then what the party had heard before.


WotR Combat Map

Francis will cast cure light wounds spontaneously, using one of his summon monster i spells.

CLM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Following the stream out of this tunnel, the party enters a wide cavern split by a swiftly flowing river. The only path across is a sweeping stone arch—a small fire at its end throws weak light. On the southern bank of the river, which quickly vanishes beneath a cave wall, sits a series of lizardfolk nests. Crude shrines fill the niches of the wall behind the nests, decorated with wooden effigies of Luhalianna and other pathetic offerings.

Paintings of mud and soot decorate the rest of the walls here with simple images of lizardfolk life. Older scenes show fishing, hunting, and likewise activities. Newer scenes display a treefolk's rampage, battles with humans, and the worship of a crowned female lizardfolk.

A group of five armed green-scaled lizardfolk stand warily at the edge of the camp. One massive brute towers above the others, carrying a massive spear and shield similar to the others. All have short, stubby snouts, an alligator-like tail, and are covered in dry sores.

Map updated!


HP 38/38 | AC 18 Tch 12 FF 16 | CMD 18| Fort 6 Ref 3 Will 2| Init +2 | Perc +1| Dwarf Fighter 3

Grargath glances at the primitive paintings on the wall, distracted for a moment by their variety, before his eyes lock back on the running water as they make their way through the tunnel, not eager to be ambushed by another crocodile.

"Hm. Don' like th' looks o' that one," the dwarf mutters quietly as the brutish lizardfolk suddenly catches his eye. "But unless we want t' go fer a swim," Grargath looks sheepishly at Cira, "I don' see a way t' get past 'em."


HP 33/33 | Init: +4 | Perception +7 | AC 17 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 15| Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +5 | Human | Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4| Bardic Perfrom 10/12 | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 |

Staring at the group of lizards with anger smouldering in his eyes Marcus growls, "After what I've seen here so far I'm not looking to go around them. Through, then over feels better."

The Bard begins mentally tallying the combat magics he has available and eyes the group critically.

"A sleep spell might go over well here..." he mutters to Cira.

1,801 to 1,821 of 1,821 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM R0B0GEISHA Presents: The Dragon's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.